Smash 5: What if/Wants discussion

Jedi

On 19/07/2018 at 12:50 AM, Jedi said:

In one of the interviews he considered Bartz & Onion Knight as well, although the rest of the series getting much might be a bit much to ask considering when Sakurai revealed the whole "Everyone is here video" and you saw the logos, it was clearly Final Fantasy 7's logo, not the general Final Fantasy logo.

So if FF gets more content it'll likely be more FF7.

Interesting that he considered Bartz and Onion Knight, mostly because if there were other FF characters, I always thought it would one the FF’s mascots, such as Black Mage and a Moogle. Interesting he didn’t go for the obvious choices.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Water Mage said:

Interesting that he considered Bartz and Onion Knight, mostly because if there were other FF characters, I always thought it would one the FF’s mascots, such as Black Mage and a Moogle. Interesting he didn’t go for the obvious choices.

Why do people always assume a Black Mage or Moogle? 

That's like making Toad playable. Like I know people hate Cloud here because he's not Nintendo but comeon.

Edited by Jedi

Just so you know, Sakurai never seriously considered any FF character other than Cloud, because Cloud is easily the most famous protagonist (and apparently he was the most requested). Sakurai only brought up Bartz and Terra to illustrate his point.

Nomura: When we first talked, I asked “are you sure you’re okay with Cloud?” He’s not a character from a new game, after all.

Sakurai: But on the other hand, if you think about who to add from Final Fantasy, it’s hard to come up with a choice that’s not Cloud. We could have used Terra or Bartz, protagonists in their own right, but I feel like there would be some people who wouldn’t know who those characters are.

Personally I would have preferred Black Mage, but I'm not the boss.

39 minutes ago, Jedi said:

Why do people always assume a Black Mage or Moogle? 

That's like making Toad playable. Like I know people hate Cloud here because he's not Nintendo but comeon.

I think it’s because they’re are what people usually think when they hear Final Fantasy. They are pretty much the franchise’s mascots.

5 hours ago, Jedi said:

Onion Knight would be a class and main character from FF3, basically the progenitor game to all the class changing stuff from 5, Tactics & 10-2 came  from. Also in Megaman's case it doesn't show Zero either despite his actual popularity so I think they just wanted to focus on the MEGAMEN and added Protoman and Bass as bonuses. 

It is that very same dude, but to say more would unfortunately be impossible right now :p. 

Ah, thanks for the info on Onion Knight. I thought Zero had a trophy and a mii costume but if we are talking about the Megaman Zero series he starred in himself then yeah those games got shafted too (I liked the Megaman Zero games though but I think most people prefer Zero's Megaman X incarnation). Now that I think about it though it might be possible Zero will show up as an assist trophy character in Ultimate unless there is some rule stating that there can be only one assist trophy character per third party but I don't know if Elecman is already confirmed to return. I think Zero would be easy to make an assist summon since he would shoot his buster and chase opponents down with his sword.

Also, yeah I thought your profile pic was related to Cold Steel but I won't talk more about it since I have avoiding news about it like it is the plague and I want to avoid spoilers about it if possible.

On 7/21/2018 at 1:33 PM, Glennstavos said:

Yo this aint Dissidia. If we get more Square Enix reps then I'm hoping for Geno, Sora, or Crono. 

I really hate how Geno isn't consider a Nintendo character. I hate it with a burning passion.

Anyways, I want better a "Special Smash". It's been 17 years damn it, I should have the option to customize how high the stamina should be.

I also want a 4player Adventure Mode & Boss Battle. I'm trying to be a little bit realistic here which is why I'm not asking for a Story Mode, but please give me & friends something else to do than just fight against each other.