FEH: Winter's Envoy Banner

Jedi

Still only puling for Robin. Lissa looks cute (and she's even wearing a dress similar to one I gave her a couple years ago in a Frederick x female Robin mistletoe art), but I don't want her bad enough and she's lumped in the same color as Chrom. Maybe if I pull Robin fast enough.

But wow, is Tharja fucking stupid. :/ My problem with her isn't even really the blatant sexualization (as there actually are sexualized Christmas outfits for women in real life, believe it or not, and besides, it's Tharja...), it's that she has to be fucking COLD in that! Seriously, what were they thinking? They couldn't make her warmer and still give her the sex appeal? There are ways they could've done that. She might as well have just been in the summer banner wearing what she's got. :/

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this banner will only be two weeks, the trailer said it would run the 18th to the 1st.  I guess that means a New Year's banner is going to happen.  I think I might try for Robin since he looks like he will be good, plus armor march is great.  

Never mind, I'll skip this banner. I don't want anymore armors. And we just HAD two seasonal armors, so I have no idea why we just got more. Armors are not that useful to me, so I would be better off saving my orbs for later banners.

Edited by Anacybele

...Wait, they're ALL armors? What? Why? Their outfits don't have any armor at all. Henry and Jakob in the Halloween banner were at least justified by the former's big coffin as a shield and the latter's iron ball and chains. But these four? Wtf? How does a bikini = armor? Or a robe = armor? Or a dress = armor? Does IS just prefer armors over everything else now?

I'm just trying to wrap my head around this. I'm still skipping this banner now because I don't like armors much, but yeah.

I have a feeling that because she has Vengeful Fighter, Tharja will be on the slower side.  If so, Wary Fighter may be the better skill.  Stack Bladetome/Owltome, Wary Fighter, Armor buffs and Close Counter, and you have a ridiculously tanky unit.

@Anacybele Bikini Armor is ridiculously strong pretty much across all videogames.  Since she has Close Counter, mark my words that she will have the highest defense of all mages.

Edited by Charmeleonbrah

Just now, Anacybele said:

...Wait, they're ALL armors? What? Why? Their outfits don't have any armor at all. Henry and Jakob in the Halloween banner were at least justified by the former's big coffin as a shield and the latter's iron ball and chains. But these four? Wtf? How does a bikini = armor? Or a robe = armor? Or a dress = armor? Does IS just prefer armors over everything else now?

Someone said things about snow that slowed anyone at feet, or something like that. Or... You can say that their clothes aren't easy to move around with.

5 minutes ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Bikini Armor is ridiculously strong pretty much across all videogames.  Since she has Close Counter, mark my words that she will have the highest defense of all mages.

This makes no sense at all.

5 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

Someone said things about snow that slowed anyone at feet, or something like that. Or... You can say that their clothes aren't easy to move around with.

I don't see how that bikini, dress, or robe are hard to move around in.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

The cape could be really heavy, or she cuold be moving slowly to avoid losing the headband/ribbons/etc. I know that I walk cautiously when wearing delicately crafted accessories.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I'm just trying to wrap my head around this. I'm still skipping this banner now because I don't like armors much, but yeah.

I think when the art was initially commissioned last year, they were intended to be infantry.  But IS really wants to buff Armored Emblem, so they retroactively changed plans for them and made them armors instead.

Personally, I like the "Tharja is moving one space at a time because she's freezing to death" theory someone on reddit proposed

2 minutes ago, Elieson said:

The cape could be really heavy, or she cuold be moving slowly to avoid losing the headband/ribbons/etc. I know that I walk cautiously when wearing delicately crafted accessories.

I guess, but that'd be pure speculation there.

1 minute ago, Glaceon Mage said:

I think when the art was initially commissioned last year, they were intended to be infantry.  But IS really wants to buff Armored Emblem, so they retroactively changed plans for them and made them armors instead.

Personally, I like the "Tharja is moving one space at a time because she's freezing to death" theory someone on reddit proposed

This is an acceptable reason, I suppose. And yeah, Tharja has to be freezing. Still don't get why she isn't wearing something warmer. She could've still looked skimpy with more practical clothing.

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

Tharja is an armor movement type because she has to carry the weight of being the fanservice of the game.

Aside from that, I looked into the artist’s twitter, and they previously had Conquest art that looks really really good. I wonder why IS didn’t commission for other artwork...

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This is an acceptable reason, I suppose. And yeah, Tharja has to be freezing. Still don't get why she isn't wearing something warmer. She could've still looked skimpy with more practical clothing.

Especially considering she lives in a desert, so she should be in no way used to the cold.  

RIP Tharja.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Like a fur bikini?

...That was a joke.

2 hours ago, dragonlordsd said:

Something you have to remember is that this art is from a year and a half ago, before the game actually launched. None of these units were supposed to be armored originally, but it didn't make sense to reorder the artwork.

A thing people get wrong about mobile games is how releases work. Art has to be commissioned months in advance (especially if they want to get high profile artists, which some games do these days.) Plus a lot of variations will get rejected, and so on.

We already know that Robin and Tharja's arts date back to before the game was launched, back when it was supposed to release last october. They were probably going to be completely different units altogether.

The question isn't "Why did they use THAT artwork", it's "Why did they decide to implement armor skill sets on units that clearly don't look like armor units?"

1 hour ago, Lord_Grima said:

The Brazen skills are just upgraded Defiant skills. 
Defiant - grants 1 stat +7 if under 50% HP
Brazen - grants 2 stats +7 if under 80% HP

Much better than Defiant skills, actually. Defiant skills were field buffs which made them vulnerable to Panic and didn't stack with other hone/fortify buffs. They also activated at the start of your turn which made them very unreliable. The new skills will activate in any combat at a higher HP threshold, with twice as many stats and they can stack with other field buffs while being immune to Panic.

5 minutes ago, Glaceon Mage said:

Especially considering she lives in a desert, so she should be in no way used to the cold.  

RIP Tharja.

That too. She should also have darker skin if she's from the desert. The hot desert naturally makes one more tan. Just look at Hawkeye, the desert guardian dude. IS really doesn't do proper research or anything anymore...

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

That too. She should also have darker skin if she's from the desert. The hot desert naturally makes one more tan. Just look at Hawkeye, the desert guardian dude. IS really doesn't do proper research or anything anymore...

That's whether she stays outdoors. She gives the impression that she stays indoors almost always and studies dark arts.

Just now, omegaxis1 said:

That's whether she stays outdoors. She gives the impression that she stays indoors almost always and studies dark arts.

She's not stated to be indoors or outdoors most of the time though...

Four armor units bugs me for sure. If they wanted more of them in the game, there are dozens of armor knights from the series that have not made it in. Furthermore, nobody here is riding a horse or pegasus that has reindeer antlers. I thought that would be a safe bet.

Also move over, Lucina. Hone Robins when?

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

She's not stated to be indoors or outdoors most of the time though...

It actually should be rather obvious. I mean, mages don't study outside, but rather inside. Plus, there's always the theory that the magic can also cause influences to one's skintone. So studying dark arts made her paler.

2 minutes ago, omegaxis1 said:

It actually should be rather obvious. I mean, mages don't study outside, but rather inside. Plus, there's always the theory that the magic can also cause influences to one's skintone. So studying dark arts made her paler.

Well, I guess so then.

15 minutes ago, Aera said:

Tharja is an armor movement type because she has to carry the weight of being the fanservice of the game.

Aside from that, I looked into the artist’s twitter, and they previously had Conquest art that looks really really good. I wonder why IS didn’t commission for other artwork...

I LOLed at this.  Inb4 CYL Camilla is a armor unit with Lucoa-sized knockers dressed in a Hooters outfit with 40 base Def and Res.

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

This makes no sense at all.

It's a pretty common JRPG trope, actually.  I remember the old Dragon Quest games had Bikini Armor as the best in their game.  Here's how it makes sense:

1. The majority of videogames are designed by and for men, and men like skimpy outfits on women, which leads to #2
  2. Makes more $$$ 
  3. It's a videogame, they can design it as they please.
  4. It's hilarious when bikini units have massive bulk.