Thoughts on Armor Break?

Charmeleonbrah

Obviously this is blatant fan-service...are you guys looking forward to this feature or not?  I think it's kind of ridiculous, but probably a good marketing strategy in the long run, as it gives off a certain Dead or Alive Beach Volleyball vibe that IS could market.

Its a little silly, and not too big on the feature as a whole, but could be so much worst. Besides Camilla they have all been tasteful though. In all reality, no one is even stripped down to a bikini yet, besides Camilla who was already wearing one. So while its a little weird, it could be much worst.

I find it a fun way to give visual indication that your defences are down thanks to your skill. its just unfortunate thats behind DLC and not in updates,

I'm not sure how you can complain about this being fanservice when Christmas Tharja was announced today...

It's fine, it's not as sexualized as I was expecting, I don't mind seeing what characters wear under their armor, and reducing defense and resistance is useful so I don't mind its inclusion.

3 minutes ago, Lightchao42 said:

I'm not sure how you can complain about this being fanservice when Christmas Tharja was announced today...

It's fine, it's not as sexualized as I was expecting, I don't mind seeing what characters wear under their armor, and reducing defense and resistance is useful so I don't mind its inclusion.

I actually am pro fan-service for the most part, at least in Fire Emblem.  I think the fan-service characters are some of the better characters in the recent games, as the male units have been somewhat underwhelming.  Too bad Kagero isn't a part of the Fates DLC.  

Honestly, I feel I'm reaching Camilla overload: literally every trailer, video, DLC, Voting Gauntlet, etc. has her as the marketing bait.  Screencap this: In 10-20 years from now, Camilla will be considered one of, if not the most iconic character in the franchise.

I mean, it's practical fan service seeing as the skill actually serves a relatively useful service and the actual armor break models can be turned off. My biggest complaint is that they're giving it to us piecemeal. That, and the inability to equip them.

3 hours ago, Tolvir said:

Its a little silly, and not too big on the feature as a whole, but could be so much worst. Besides Camilla they have all been tasteful though. In all reality, no one is even stripped down to a bikini yet, besides Camilla who was already wearing one. So while its a little weird, it could be much worst.

Its in fact a good thing for Camilla, because it's a bikini that makese sense in context. Unlike her normal getup.

I'm glad the appearances can be disabled without losing the practical benefits. As a mechanic it's a nice way to sabotage a high-defense enemy while also putting yourself at risk of the same, so it's a neat option.

As for the appearances, they're pretty tasteful thus far aside from Camilla, and I just find the idea of wrecking your opponent's clothes pretty funny, so I don't really mind it. At the very least I'm interested in seeing what kind of casual clothes some characters wear under their armor.

4 hours ago, Thany said:

I find it a fun way to give visual indication that your defences are down thanks to your skill. its just unfortunate thats behind DLC and not in updates,

...???

Wasn't it in the free update map that came out with 1.2.0?

the weapon with the skill itself came with the free update, but other characters whose armor will break is behind DLC, in a sense, only Rowan and Lianna will break armor in the base game.

8 minutes ago, Thany said:

the weapon with the skill itself came with the free update, but other characters whose armor will break is behind DLC, in a sense, only Rowan and Lianna will break armor in the base game.

Oh... That. I thought you meant something else entirely.

I like it in theory, I would have prefered battle damage. Also, not being able to equip is a bit disappointing.

of course the tactical reasons for using armor break is quite apparent, it's nice to have some risk reward stuff in this game without it being unattainable without dipping down to c rank.

Also, running around in socks bothers me because those socks are now forever ruined.

I don't like it at all..The enemies destroy yours in one second but it's not as easy for the player. And i think it'll have been better if it was a mechanic and not a skill ;  like if you took too much damage, your armors is damaged or broken.

1 hour ago, Metakirby said:

I don't like it at all..The enemies destroy yours in one second but it's not as easy for the player. And i think it'll have been better if it was a mechanic and not a skill ;  like if you took too much damage, your armors is damaged or broken.

If thats what you think, Perhaps now would be a pretty nice time to master blocking. you would be surprized just how much the game lets you get away with blocking enemy attacks to be open.

18 minutes ago, Thany said:

If thats what you think, Perhaps now would be a pretty nice time to master blocking. you would be surprized just how much the game lets you get away with blocking enemy attacks to be open.

Oh you know, it's been 14 years since my first warriors game so I think it's been a long time that I'm mastering these kinds of games. I'm a big fan of Warriors games so.. :) I just find it ridiculous how it's annoying to break armors with some characters. (mostly archers like Takumi , Anna or Sakura) I often play with my weakest characters on the hardest missions, so it's already a challenge but if my armor can be broken in one shot like on every missions, i find it too much risky. It's not worth it for archers at all and maybe mages too. You can't always block attacks from the enemy you know :)

1 minute ago, Metakirby said:

Oh you know, it's been 14 years since my first warriors game so I think it's been a long time that I'm mastering these kinds of games. I'm a big fan of Warriors games so.. :) I just find it ridiculous how it's annoying to break armors with some characters. (mostly archers like Takumi , Anna or Sakura) I often play with my weakest characters on the hardest missions, so it's already a challenge but if my armor can be broken in one shot like on every missions, i find it too much risky. It's not worth it for archers at all and maybe mages too. You can't always block attacks from the enemy you know :)

enemies do have attacks that break your guard, but surprizingly dont actually hurt your character, but I get how it wouldnt be helpful in a crowd. it can work for archers and mages if you use their strong attack. tho easier with mages then archers to be fair.

Wut? It's much easier to armorbreak with Archers. Robin needs to get up-close to effectively build his meter, Leo/Elise need to at least come close to even start worrying about armor breaking.

Archers can do it from a keep's entrance or something. Enemies have missions too--they won't pursue you if you flee. Then you come back and WHAM! 5 armors broken in a single shot.

It's worth noting Armored Blow completely neutralizes the cons of Armor Break. Awakening does as a well.

1 hour ago, Thany said:

enemies do have attacks that break your guard, but surprizingly dont actually hurt your character, but I get how it wouldnt be helpful in a crowd. it can work for archers and mages if you use their strong attack. tho easier with mages then archers to be fair.

Yeah exactly, well I'm not saying it's impossible but it's just annoying when you must rush the map and archers or mages are slow to break their armours. And on highest difficulties with a huge crowd of enemies.. You're like wow. 

59 minutes ago, guedesbrawl said:

Wut? It's much easier to armorbreak with Archers. Robin needs to get up-close to effectively build his meter, Leo/Elise need to at least come close to even start worrying about armor breaking.

Archers can do it from a keep's entrance or something. Enemies have missions too--they won't pursue you if you flee. Then you come back and WHAM! 5 armors broken in a single shot.

It's worth noting Armored Blow completely neutralizes the cons of Armor Break. Awakening does as a well.

It's not that I'm thinking it's harder, but I find it annoying in comparison of someone like Lyn you know. I've not played a lot since this update though as I'm waiting Azura, but I would have liked a feature working with damages instead of one strong attacks and not as a skill but I understand why they did it this way too.  It's very rare when I'm taking damages, but when it happens... It's a lot! 

Yeah I definitely need armored blow for my characters but didn't have the time to build everyone at the moment. 

On 17.12.2017 at 9:27 PM, guedesbrawl said:

Which means you must dedicate a slot to Armored Blow. And be sure that enemies aren't getting in cheap shots at you while you're switching between characters.

23 minutes ago, guedesbrawl said:

I was just saying that's a thing, not recommending it. If you dash forward you should be safe from most switch-sneakstrikes, only a particularly bad luck against an archer, mage and manakete can still catch you if you're dashing ASAP.

And if I actually just think it out, where to position (well, order) my units, what they do well against, how well I can neutralize the enemies with the right weapon, how fast I can kill peeps if I'm controlling them, how fast they kill when I'm not controlling them, how fast I'm able to take all keeps etc. etc. etc. then I reach a point where Armor Strike is just basically doing fuck all because I'm winning all my fights without having the Def/Res halve effect matter the slightest.

Which means I only really need to keep track of the time.