Thoughts on Armor Break?

Charmeleonbrah

1 hour ago, Folt said:

And if I actually just think it out, where to position (well, order) my units, what they do well against, how well I can neutralize the enemies with the right weapon, how fast I can kill peeps if I'm controlling them, how fast they kill when I'm not controlling them, how fast I'm able to take all keeps etc. etc. etc. then I reach a point where Armor Strike is just basically doing fuck all because I'm winning all my fights without having the Def/Res halve effect matter the slightest.

Which means I only really need to keep track of the time.

Oh my, are you saying FEW is an easy game and optimization is completely unnecessary, exactly like what happens in every single one of the FE games? Are you perhaps implying that I do NOT need something added post-release to complete the base game? The horror.

Chill out man. 

I went through Sacred Stones without giving Seth a single combat round, it doesn't change how good he is.

I also don't appreciate the implication that just because I think the skill is good I somehow don't do all that stuff you just listed before the etcs. I don't know if you intended it that way, but it basically comes across as you saying "if you use armor strike, you don't know how to play the game, you don't know how to think, you don't know how to use weapons, you can't do anything correctly"

In some maps you may even be right, depending on how much slayer skills can get used. And how much you grinded for supports. Almost 100'd the game and I just have four or so A supports, but you don't see me saying "And if I actually just think it out, where to position (well, order) my units, what they do well against, how well I can neutralize the enemies with the right weapon, how fast I can kill peeps if I'm controlling them, how fast they kill when I'm not controlling them, how fast I'm able to take all keeps etc. etc. etc. then I reach a point where Astra/Luna/etc.. is just basically doing fuck all yada yada"

Rude.

Edited by guedesbrawl

6 minutes ago, guedesbrawl said:

Oh my, are you saying FEW is an easy game and optimization is completely unnecessary, exactly like what happens in every single one of the FE games? Are you perhaps implying that I do NOT need something added post-release to complete the base game? The horror.

Chill out man. 

I went through Sacred Stones without giving Seth a single combat round, it doesn't change how good he is.

I also don't appreciate the implication that just because I think the skill is good I somehow don't do all that stuff you just listed before the etcs. I don't know if you intended it that way, but it basically comes across as you saying "if you use armor strike, you don't know how to do anything correctly"

In some maps you may even be right, depending on how much slayer skills can get used. And how much you grinded for supports. Almost 100'd the game and I just have four or so A supports, but you don't see me saying "And if I actually just think it out, where to position (well, order) my units, what they do well against, how well I can neutralize the enemies with the right weapon, how fast I can kill peeps if I'm controlling them, how fast they kill when I'm not controlling them, how fast I'm able to take all keeps etc. etc. etc. then I reach a point where Astra/Luna/etc.. is just basically doing fuck all yada yada"

Rude.

I'm thinking more along the lines of the skill not being as good as you tout it, mainly because the different methods of activating the DEF/RES halve effect for you and the enemy make it a double-edged sword stacked against you in practice. Give me a choice between worrying about time vs. worrying about time AND damage taken and I'll take the former any day of the week.

If you are on a level where you can make use of armor break, it will save you time.

Not that time is actually something you'd worry about on any mission that doesn't involve Velezark (which is perhaps the best target for Armor Break in the entire game, though you probably should swap to someone else to actually fight him)

11 hours ago, guedesbrawl said:

If you are on a level where you can make use of armor break, it will save you time.

Not that time is actually something you'd worry about on any mission that doesn't involve Velezark (which is perhaps the best target for Armor Break in the entire game, though you probably should swap to someone else to actually fight him)

If I remember correctly, Velezark is immune to Armor Break.

And if I'm on a level where I can save time (which is pretty much most levels), I can do it in better ways than making use of Armor Break.

1 hour ago, Folt said:

If I remember correctly, Velezark is immune to Armor Break.

Can confirm. Missed an A-Rank because Velezark buys his clothes from reputable tailors instead of wearing cheap rags like everyone else in the game.

• 5 months later...
On 12/17/2017 at 2:36 PM, Thany said:

enemies do have attacks that break your guard, but surprizingly dont actually hurt your character, but I get how it wouldnt be helpful in a crowd. it can work for archers and mages if you use their strong attack. tho easier with mages then archers to be fair.

Huh..I know it has Block lag but with all the Other Options like Dual attack,Dual Guard and focusing on Attcks I usually forget about Blocks tho when I do Guard It Works And Blocks the attack,Don’t even have Oboro’s Counter Skill to negatate that so lol.Strange I haven’t come across that