Predictions for the upcoming New Years banner

Charmeleonbrah

I'm kinda hoping for Ryoma and Takumi if we get a Fates one. I really, really don't want to see more Awakening units. I'm even already having second thoughts about going for the ones on Winter's Envoy, since I dislike armours anyway and the only reasons I have for wanting Chrom and Robin from it are Matt Mercer and the only male lance armour currently set to be in the game... These are very tempting, though...

As for the legendary banner,  the only way I'm going to care about that is if they include a new unit in it. If they include Bruno in it, I'm throwing my money at it until I get him. I don't expect this, though, so I'm writing it off for now. 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While I really hope we don't get ANOTHER gimmick banner directly after this one (since I think we've at least had one normal banner in-between the gimmick banners each time), if we do have one, it'd be nice to see the Hoshidans. New Years is so big in Japan that it kind of makes more sense to do a New Years themed one instead of a Christmas one and how better to represent than Hoshido? I probably still won't pull from it because I feel like Micaiah is really, really close. 

The legendary banner likely won't count as a "normal" banner either. I don't know if it'll be another 8% banner or if it'll just be Fjorm or if she'll come along with a new friend. All I want is a handsome, rebellious fire prince plz. Oooh...he could be a super cool archer. I'm also prepared for the inevitable disappointment of it being another girl. Didn't Feh mention something about Fjorm's "special power" being able to chase away pity-breakers? Or I could be remembering incorrectly. 

57 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

I will die laughing once  we inevitably get Nohrians in Yukata...

I would literally spit fire if that happened. Probably delete the app too.

Seriously, we need to have this be something for the Hoshidans. The expectations are all set, so they can't even disappoint people with more 3Ds at this point. Hope Takumi is in green or blue.

1 hour ago, Nanima said:

I would literally spit fire if that happened. Probably delete the app too.

Seriously, we need to have this be something for the Hoshidans. The expectations are all set, so they can't even disappoint people with more 3Ds at this point. Hope Takumi is in green or blue.

Yup, they have really set it up so people would be happy to see more 3DS characters for once if we could just get some dang Hoshidans xD 

@Rafiel's Aria

I hear you. Was so disappointed to see no handsome males amongst the new ocs introduced... and two skimpily dressed females instead. If they could at least give us Bruno, that might sate me for a bit, though. 

Edited by Cute Chao

44 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

…and two skimpily dressed females instead.

Two? I can’t see how Fjorm or Laevatein qualify as skimpily dressed. Sharena doesn’t get to wear trousers as well, and yet you don’t call her skimpily dressed. Or do you?

Edited by Vaximillian

16 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Two? I can’t see how Fjorm or Laevatein qualify as skimpily dressed. Sharena doesn’t get to wear trousers, and yet you don’t call her skimpily dressed. Or do you?

I find Fjorm to be pretty skimpy honestly, leg wise. Her top barely covers her butt. Her cloak makes it better, but I've seen the art without it. I don't actually mind her so much, though. Loki is another story and can go get stuffed. I turn the art off when she's around now, 'cos she's even worse than Camilla.   

Honestly, I'm just sick of FE not giving girls trousers. I was sick of it with Anna and Sharena, too, tbf. They wear the same outfit as Alfonse... minus trousers. Just because. 

Edited by Cute Chao

As much as it would be cool to see Oboro in a fancy kimono, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for a Radiant Dawn banner. Micaiah has waited long enough and all these new armors makes me want to Thani bomb someone.

6 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Honestly, I'm just sick of FE not giving girls trousers. I was sick of it with Anna and Sharena, too, tbf. They wear the same outfit as Alfonse... minus trousers. Just because.

Agreed.  Girls wear pants too!  Like, there's the female Corrin, who seems to just be wearing underwear?  Not even a skirt.  (Don't get me started on Effie, haha.)

It also bothers me that Catria doesn't appear to be wearing underwear under that dangerously low skirt.  :o:

---

I'm kind of scared about the possibility of a seasonal New Years banner.  I spend money on the game (not whale amounts, but a decent amount) and if there's characters I want on a banner, I will get them.  There's also that possible 8% banner coming up, and the possibility of that having dancer Inigo on it scares me because I want more merges for him... 

2 seasonal banners in a row is going to be killer.  I'm already broke from Christmas.  My credit cards are crying.  Damn you, IS!  Haha.

I spend a lot on Christmas because it's my favourite holiday.  On an impulse, I just bought a Nintendo Switch + Zelda game for my fiance on top of already having bought him a bunch of shirts, chocolate, and Persona 5.  He's gonna have a good Christmas.  :P:  But, yikes.  'Tis the season to be broke.  Already looking forward to my three-paycheque month in March... *Sigh.* 

7 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Sharena at least wears shorts under her skirt, though I really don't care much since I consider skirts to basically be an alternate equivalent of shorts for males.

On that note, I feel like they should have more males in shorts. I basically wear cargo shorts (pockets!) the entire year except December through February, when I switch to cargo pants (pockets!).

1 hour ago, Infinite Dreams said:

I'm kind of scared about the possibility of a seasonal New Years banner.  I spend money on the game (not whale amounts, but a decent amount) and if there's characters I want on a banner, I will get them.  There's also that possible 8% banner coming up, and the possibility of that having dancer Inigo on it scares me because I want more merges for him... 

I don't think they'll rerun Performing Arts characters this soon. My guess is that the upcoming Legendary Heroes banner won't have any seasonal characters more recent than Ylissean Summer, maybe Nohrian Summer.

11 hours ago, Othin said:

I don't think they'll rerun Performing Arts characters this soon. My guess is that the upcoming Legendary Heroes banner won't have any seasonal characters more recent than Ylissean Summer, maybe Nohrian Summer.

Yeah, that makes sense.  I hope you're right!  :):

I kinda hope Summer Corrin is one of them.  I just want a version of her that isn't -Atk, hehe.  Should be easy enough (hopefully I didn't just curse myself).

I still have PTSD from pulling for Summer Corrin. Started on the very first day of the banner, and only got her on the very last day after desperately scraping together some orbs from Chain Challenges. No pity breakers, she was the only thing I got out of 250-300 F2P orbs. Happy enough with my neutral one but another wouldn't go amiss because she's my only Blarblade+ mage. (No interest in any of the seven other summer units though so I selfishly hope Summer Robin isn't rerun alongside)

Can't say these things don't even out though. With the Sacred Stones banner that was expiring at the same time and zero orbs to spend on it, Amelia turned up as the freebie. Actually I had a very good August-September period after decidedly below-par luck in February-July. (I stupidly chose not to reroll despite my entire first month of the game yielding only Maria and Hawkeye)

15 hours ago, Othin said:

I wouldn't mind getting a Summer Frederick, so I can put Seashell+ on Kagero lol.

I feel like, for the seasonal units, they might either a) Finish off the bridal and spring banner units or b) go straight to the summer banners. From Ylissean Summer, Gaius and Tiki seem like good options due to being both very good and having good skills for fodder. For Nohrian Summer, Corrin is an option due to being a very good flyer, Xander and Leo because they both have good fodder, and Elise because she has G Tome Valor.

edit: For the legendary banner that is upcoming.

Edited by Poimagic

On 12/16/2017 at 9:28 PM, Infinite Dreams said:

Agreed.  Girls wear pants too!  Like, there's the female Corrin, who seems to just be wearing underwear?  Not even a skirt.  (Don't get me started on Effie, haha.)

It also bothers me that Catria doesn't appear to be wearing underwear under that dangerously low skirt.  :o:

---

2 seasonal banners in a row is going to be killer.  I'm already broke from Christmas.  My credit cards are crying.  Damn you, IS!  Haha.

I spend a lot on Christmas because it's my favourite holiday.  On an impulse, I just bought a Nintendo Switch + Zelda game for my fiance on top of already having bought him a bunch of shirts, chocolate, and Persona 5.  He's gonna have a good Christmas.  :P:  But, yikes.  'Tis the season to be broke.  Already looking forward to my three-paycheque month in March... *Sigh.* 

They retroactively give Gwendy hot pants, too -.- 

And none of their girls seem to wear underwear either. It's what's really put me off Lyn. I used to really like her as a character but now all I can see is her flashing everyone while she's doing any moves 'cos I can't see how she can have anything underneath her... dress? I don't know what it's called. 

I'm still debating not going for this one but it would be the first time I haven't gone for pretty seasonal boys... Plus Matt Mercer... 

I wish someone would impulse buy that for me v.v I know I probably will at some point xD 

23 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Sharena at least wears shorts under her skirt, though I really don't care much since I consider skirts to basically be an alternate equivalent of shorts for males.

On that note, I feel like they should have more males in shorts. I basically wear cargo shorts (pockets!) the entire year except December through February, when I switch to cargo pants (pockets!).

I still don't know why shorts and not just trousers, but yeah, I do agree there. I feel skirts can get a little bit too short still, though, for several characters. It's easy to ignore it in many of their games, since you only see their face sprites, but it's a lot harder when Catria's levelling up and flashing you her butt at the same time -.- 

How about the original pantsless Marth as others have said! 

It's odd... for some reason I don't think adult males are often drawn in shorts in games. I might be wrong, but it only ever seems to be kids and maybe teenagers at a push. I know several guys who wear shorts all year round (complete with blue legs in winter... maybe in my imagination but man, it must be cold). 

I used to wear cargo pants a lot. I should get some more. I love pockets and jeans just don't tend to have good ones >.<

If they go with the 3DS games (as they tend to forget they have some before that period) I do quite hope they go for Hoshidans.  Preferably Ryoma, Hinoka, Takumi, and probably a new character like Rinkah or Kaze or something (hopefully with better stats than their Fates iterations :/).

Hoping for some non-seasonal RD or Thracia.

If its gotta be seasonal, how bout not focusing on 3DS for just one? 

If its gotta be 3DS, just give it to the Hoshidans finally. Its a little embarrassing that all of the Nohrians have costumes, Xander with two, and only Sakura has an alt. And I'd really enjoy seeing Hinoka as a shrine maiden with a bow. The boys can do whatever they want, I'll probably like Ryoma and be indifferent to Takumi and Corrin.

51 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

The datamine had 3 New Year's maps listed so I think a New Year's banner is coming.  Now IS give me Kaze in a Kimono and let me be able to pull him.

Yet the data mine listed the New Years maps as special maps. This probably means that there won't be a New Years banner and instead it'll just be some maps for orbs.

7 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Yet the data mine listed the New Years maps as special maps. This probably means that there won't be a New Years banner and instead it'll just be some maps for orbs.

I would be fine with that, more orbs are always good.  Honestly the only reason I would want a New Year's banner is if Kaze is on it, otherwise I don't care if they do one since it will most likely be Fates only.  I just thought that New Year's maps made a New Year's banner sound more likely.

give everyone like, 1000 orbs pls

Kaze in a kimono would be like...fandabbydocious? Like, Happy New Year Lau hooboy.

Can I be cheeky and ask for a Marth seasonal like IS please? Like, Marth in a kimono would be great?

Here's to hoping for Bride!Caeda to return in that lying 8% banner.