Tempest Trials: A Gift of Peace!

Vaximillian

MM again, sigh.  Well at least I will get free orbs and other useful things, they had better have refining stones in the rewards this time.  I really hope that the seals are good since the last thing I need is another MM, at least Clive has skills you can fodder.  I am so sad right now, a Christmas TT and they give a "coal" unit, I was really hoping for a new Awakening character:(

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It certainly is a disappointment. Honestly, all of December's been pretty bad. I guess the start of Book II and the forge update was supposed to be enough to hold us over going into this month, but it doesn't seem to have worked. The constant reruns with nothing new besides a BHB (which is just a lame alternative for a real GHB) is finally taking it's toll it seems.

I remember before we saw the Book II update people thought November was really sparse for content, and it'd mean they were just going to have a loaded December. Even with the update thrown in there, I guess it didn't work out that way. Having basically nothing worthwhile going on around Christmas besides the typical limited banner is a let down.

At least it seems the Japanese players are just as disappointed as we are with this TT announcement, and are pretty vocal about it on the Heroes Twitter. They complained about Ayra before and IS hasn't pulled that one again(Rhajat wasn't a blindside, anyway), so maybe some criticism will reach IS's ear again.

Masked Marth again.. I missed getting Marth in the first TT, got her in the Mini, so this will be my second round of her. Still disappointing of no new unit or other reruns.

I have a Lissa for my 40% bonus unit, just need to build a team for her. I don't have a full Armor Emblem built, so I need to work on a team. W!Lissa, Nowi, Arvis, P!Olivia/Lucius?

Orbs are always nice. I really want to know what the new seals are. I don't use Fjorm (I just have better units), so the Water Blessings don't help me. Coins and Refining stones are helpful. 

Now I'm curious if IS is going to do anything special for Christmas Day. One free unit of your choice? A ton of Orbs?

10 minutes ago, Lord_Grima said:

Masked Marth again.. I missed getting Marth in the first TT, got her in the Mini, so this will be my second round of her. Still disappointing of no new unit or other reruns.

I have a Lissa for my 40% bonus unit, just need to build a team for her. I don't have a full Armor Emblem built, so I need to work on a team. W!Lissa, Nowi, Arvis, P!Olivia/Lucius?

Orbs are always nice. I really want to know what the new seals are. I don't use Fjorm (I just have better units), so the Water Blessings don't help me. Coins and Refining stones are helpful. 

Now I'm curious if IS is going to do anything special for Christmas Day. One free unit of your choice? A ton of Orbs?

Do P!Olivia she will make using your W!Lissa much easier since you can dance her to blue enemies.

Weird how indifferent I've become about the 20%/40% difference and the free unit. I just want more orbs and feathers now, so I'll go to 100k points and grab the extra 4k feathers at the end, no need to bore myself with more grinding for the couple of extra feathers. Ultimately, not having to stress out on maximizing my points is really helpful and keeps me from pulling on banners I have no interest in, just for a unit I'll only use in a single double-week, lol.

2 hours ago, Corrobin said:

F R E E O R B S

Literally every TT, thus it isn't something good about THIS TT.

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

It certainly is a disappointment. Honestly, all of December's been pretty bad. I guess the start of Book II and the forge update was supposed to be enough to hold us over going into this month, but it doesn't seem to have worked.

I would hope they wouldn't think a few story missions that take 20 minutes to complete and a forge that's time gated so you can only upgrade a weapon once every 1-2 weeks (with PRF being upgraded once every 6-8 weeks barring mission rewards) as something to substantially occupy anyone's time.

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

At least it seems the Japanese players are just as disappointed as we are with this TT announcement, and are pretty vocal about it on the Heroes Twitter. They complained about Ayra before and IS hasn't pulled that one again(Rhajat wasn't a blindside, anyway), so maybe some criticism will reach IS's ear again.

While not making the exact same mistake twice is always a good step, it doesn't stop the current situation from being bad.  Nor does it prevent them from making other obvious mistakes that they, for some reason, continue to make.

I'm excited about the MM merge. A +2 unit is practically a modern, powercreeped unit. Also the additional 4 star version won't take up crucial space in the barracks since I'm only just now filling up the last of those 100 spaces with a lot of garbage to sort. #JustF2PThings

I hope there's new rewards past the 40K mark. It's kind of dull grinding when the reward I look forward to most are those additional 6000 feathers in between orbs milestones.

Disappointing that Frederick isn't a 40% unit here. He should be one imo.

Also really fucking stupid that the reward unit is Masked Marth for a third fucking time. Why not another TT unit that has had NO rerun? Seriously?

I'm deciding to skip this TT. It has nothing I'm interested in.

6 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Disappointing that Frederick isn't a 40% unit here. He should be one imo.

What. Why.

The tempest is Christmas-themed, and there coincidentally are four Christmas-themed heroes.

Why Frederick.

55 minutes ago, Lord_Grima said:

As amazing as a free unit would be, that's probably expecting a bit too much. My guess is a bunch of orbs, feathers, coins, and refining stones. Maybe 25 orbs, 250 coins and stones, and 25,000 feathers?

Have to echo the disappointment with Masked Marth. The orbs and feathers are amazing, but probably my favorite part of TTs has been the fun of seeing a new character and how they play. Masked Marth was already kind of eh because it was just skill-less neutral Lucia, which at the time was great, but now, she's okay. Still, I guess a potential +5 Lucina wouldn't be terrible. Plus, outside aether, her default kit doesn't do much in the way of favors for her, so no big loss there I suppose.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

What. Why.

The tempest is Christmas-themed, and there coincidentally are four Christmas-themed heroes.

Why Frederick.

It's Awakening themed, that's why. Regular male Robin appears to be the boss, not a Christmas unit. So I see no Christmas theme. The Christmas units are just bonus units because it's the Christmas season.

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

It's Awakening themed, that's why. Regular male Robin appears to be the boss, not a Christmas unit. So I see no Christmas theme. The Christmas units are just bonus units because it's the Christmas season.

Even if we're going by that logic, Frederick played no major role in that map. Limiting ourselves to the 20% characters, it would make significantly more sense for Lucina to be a 40% based on story and past patters IS has used for TT bonus characters.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

At least you can play him with boosted stats, that's like a +13/+14 unit in your case. 

Just now, bottlegnomes said:

Even if we're going by that logic, Frederick played no major role in that map. Limiting ourselves to the 20% characters, it would make significantly more sense for Lucina to be a 40% based on story and past patters IS has used for TT bonus characters.

...Huh? Wtf are you talking about? What map? This is Heroes, nobody really plays a major role in anything except the Askrs in story mode.

11 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Gee, I wonder why the final map is decorated for Christmas then. Oh, it is not because the theme is Christmas, and the tempest isn’t literally called “A Gift”. Oh of course, how could I have been so dumb.

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

At least you can play him with boosted stats, that's like a +13/+14 unit in your case. 

But not with 40% bonus points. That's what matters most. TT is extremely tedious and annoying to do. I'd rather do as few runs as possible to get all the rewards.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Gee, I wonder why the final map is decorated for Christmas then. Oh, it is not because the theme is Christmas, and the tempest isn’t literally called “A Gift”. Oh of course, how could I have been so dumb.

Okay, firstly, you don't have to act like an ass.

Secondly, you don't know that, the TT hasn't started yet, so we haven't seen the final map.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

But not with 40% bonus points. That's what matters most. TT is extremely tedious and annoying to do. I'd rather do as few runs as possible to get all the rewards.

Okay, firstly, you don't have to act like an ass.

Secondly, you don't know that, the TT hasn't started yet, so we haven't seen the final map.

Not to intrude in your conversation but the final map is always datamined when the update comes. We know it is based on Awakening's chapter 6 map with some Christmas decorations

Here is the datamine album if you wish to look at it.

I'm a bit bummed that masked Marth is the reward again but I'll get over it, please don't reuse the previous rewards I swear. Other than, it's nice that blessings are going to be awards, they were too are for me to use. I better save those stamina potions for later for some nice rewards.

7 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Huh? Wtf are you talking about? What map? This is Heroes, nobody really plays a major role in anything except the Askrs in story mode.

The final map looks to be based on the chapter where Validar first tries to assassinate Emmeryn amd Masked Marth's mask breaks.

As nonsensical as it was, I was hoping the reward character would be Basilio or Flavia. A more sensible one that might be been fun was Validar.

3 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

The final map looks to be based on the chapter where Validar first tries to assassinate Emmeryn amd Masked Marth's mask breaks.

As nonsensical as it was, I was hoping the reward character would be Basilio or Flavia. A more sensible one that might be been fun was Validar.

Well, I still wish Frederick was a 40%. He's my best unit and with those inflated stats, winning even lunatic 7 would be easier. But I wouldn't get as many points as I would if I used one of the Christmas units instead, who are armors and they're never great imo, unless it's something like Vantage Hector.

Edited by Anacybele