Tempest Trials: A Gift of Peace!

Vaximillian

This is a good opportunity to use my +HP, -Atk Lucina. So there's team member #1.

It just so happens I have a +Atk, -Spd Frederick. Sure. Team member #2.

If I'm already using Fred (and Lucina as my healer), might as well use a horse team, right? Xander and Ursula it will be. I have Reinhardt, but he's -Atk, and it's not super unlikely I'll get a better one in the future and just use him then, so I'll use Ursula for now.

Of those, only Lucina is 5*, so it will cost some feathers, but even after that I'll still have over 100k, so no real worries.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmm sort of deciding if I should upgrade my +Atk/-Res Frederick to 5 star for this Tempest Trials while it's still double SP weekend...it's unlikely I'll 4*+10 him anyway since his skills are good for inheritance....

I guess he will get the most use in the TTs too and it might help with Lunatic 7...

Also I'm guesing one of the SS rewards is a Hone Atk SS?

Grrr, I know it isn't the most logical thing, but this Tempest rubs me the wrong way.  If we're going to get a rerun of an old unit, why not give us Tobin, since we've already had a Masked Marth one.  Also, if we're getting a rerun, why not have this  be a Mini Tempest, so the rewards are quicker to get and the second week doesn't seem to drag on like it always does.  I'm not a fan of using Armor units on modes with turn count such as this, but I suppose I'll have to.

@Florete I've also got a -Atk Lucina, which this will give me an excuse to train.

It looks like my team will be Reinhardt, Inigo, Marth/Lucina (once she's trained), bonus Lissa probably.

41 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm not a fan of using Armor units on modes with turn count such as this, but I suppose I'll have to.

Maybe Armor March will be one of the seals for this one if we’re lucky. Do you not have anyone with Armor March?

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Maybe Armor March will be one of the seals for this one if we’re lucky. Do you not have anyone with Armor March?

I do have Armor March on Amelia, but then I have to be running two Armor units to get the benefit, and if the separate, they lose their movement.

I shudder at Armor March being a seal.  Trading their buff potential for movement is what keeps Armor Emblem in check.

31 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I do have Armor March on Amelia, but then I have to be running two Armor units to get the benefit, and if the separate, they lose their movement.

I shudder at Armor March being a seal.  Trading their buff potential for movement is what keeps Armor Emblem in check.

I only got one Armor Marcher as well (ToD!Henry), but I'm not going to let that stop me from using this TT to debut this newly-empowered monstrosity.

bhBHGS9.png?1

RIP my Klein, who suffered a sad death at the hands of power creep.

Aside from Jakob Unchained there and his support bro ToD!Henry, I suppose WE!Thajra and either PA!Olivia / PA!Shigure or cleric Lucina will round out the team.

5 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Whelp, just finished dumping 22,000 feathers and two stamina potions into getting a 4 star 40 Fred with brave axe+ and reposition. I feel dirty now :( Forgive me, Palla and Clive.

Why do you feel bad? Now give him the 4*+10 merge and Death Blow 3 :-)

5 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Why do you feel bad? Now give him the 4*+10 merge and Death Blow 3 :-)

I just hate him so much. Like Fred was the first character in the series I actively hated, and for what context it's worth, prior to Awakening, I'd played every FE except 1 and 2. I've actually been putting off training him largely because of that even though one of my goals recently has been to fill out a second cav team. Plus no death blow alas. Killed my last 4 star Klein to start on building blade tome Leo.

Edited by bottlegnomes

34 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I only got one Armor Marcher as well (ToD!Henry), but I'm not going to let that stop me from using this TT to debut this newly-empowered monstrosity.

bhBHGS9.png?1

RIP my Klein, who suffered a sad death at the hands of power creep.

Aside from Jakob Unchained there and his support bro ToD!Henry, I suppose WE!Thajra and either PA!Olivia / PA!Shigure or cleric Lucina will round out the team.

I am so sad that I never pulled H!Jakob, I only manged to get H!Henry and I left the Halloween banner with a 5.75 pity rate.  You are so lucky to have him.

If I manage to get C!Robin I will run him and my C!Chrom together since C!Robin has armor march, otherwise H!Henry will be C!Chrom's partner in beating up units.

20 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

I just hate him so much. Like Fred was the first character in the series I actively hated, and for what context it's worth, prior to Awakening, I'd played every FE except 1 and 2. I've actually been putting off training him largely because of that even though one of my goals recently has been to fill out a second cav team. Plus no death blow alas. Killed my last 4 star Klein to start on building blade tome Leo.

Uh, why? I just started to play Awakening for the first time, and he already gave me some laughs (bear meat disaster and him hanging nude pictures of Chrom in the soldiers tends). 

12 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Uh, why? I just started to play Awakening for the first time, and he already gave me some laughs (bear meat disaster and him hanging nude pictures of Chrom in the soldiers tends). 

He just bugs me. For as much as people criticize Awakening for having one-note characters, Frederick was one of the only ones that actually felt that way to me. It's been a while since I played so my memory is foggy, so I can't give specific examples, but in general he just struck me as a massive twat. Pardon the language. That's just the best descriptor there is for my feelings.

Actually, the nude pictures was a good example. That was just stupid. They tried to play it as Fred being overly zealous, but you'd have to be a complete idiot to think that was ever a good idea. They want to play Fred like he's responsible and cautious sometimes, but then other times he does things that are beyond stupid and anyone with even a quarter of a brain should realize are bad ideas.

Just for the sake of clarification, I'm not saying I think Frederick is the worst character ever and that people who like and defend him are wrong. I just hate him.

Edited by bottlegnomes

5 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

He just bugs me. For as much as people criticize Awakening for having one-note characters, Frederick was one of the only ones that actually felt that way to me. It's been a while since I played so my memory is foggy, so I can't give specific examples, but in general he just struck me as a massive twat. Pardon the language. That's just the best descriptor there is for my feelings.

Actually, the nude pictures was a good example. That was just stupid. They tried to play it as Fred being overly zealous, but you'd have to be a complete idiot to think that was ever a good idea. They want to play Fred like he's responsible and cautious sometimes, but then other times he does things that are beyond stupid and anyone with even a quarter of a brain should realize are bad ideas.

He is just a oversubscribed character like Stahl and should not be taken too seriously, then it gets easy to see the humor in some of his conversations. I admit that cocky behavior doesn't warm everyone's heart easily, but character diversity should be the strength of a story-heavy game. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

He is just a oversubscribed character like Stahl and should not be taken too seriously, then it gets easy to see the humor in some of his conversations. I admit that cocky behavior doesn't warm everyone's heart easily, but character diversity should be the strength of a story-heavy game. 

Looks like you responded before I added my edit in, but basically, yeah. It's not that I think he's a terrible character, though I can't say he's particularly well-done. Then again, I wouldn't put really anyone in Awakening's cast as particularly well-done; they more survive on the charm of their quirks. It's more just that I immensely dislike him and his quirks have absolutely no charm for me.

10 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Looks like you responded before I added my edit in, but basically, yeah. It's not that I think he's a terrible character, though I can't say he's particularly well-done. Then again, I wouldn't put really anyone in Awakening's cast as particularly well-done; they more survive on the charm of their quirks. It's more just that I immensely dislike him and his quirks have absolutely no charm for me.

Do you think Fates or Echoes characters are better? I still have plenty FE to play after finishing Awaking. 

For the TTs just profit from a strong Frederick, max his HM and then back to your favorite characters afterwards. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Do you think Fates or Echoes characters are better? I still have plenty FE to play after finishing Awaking. 

For the TTs just profit from a strong Frederick, max his HM and then back to your favorite characters afterwards. 

Fates, God no. Like half the cast is about on par with Frederick IMO. There are some characters I quite like though, like Leo and Silas AKA Best-bro Knight, so the cast isn't entirely unredeeming. Mind you, that's also far and away my least favorite FE so take that with a grain of salt.

Echoes is actually on the other end of the spectrum and has probably my favorite cast in the series. Having the smaller cast let them focus on the characters more, and for as much flak as the shorter supports seem to get, I actually quite liked them. It did surprise me the first time, but once I got used to them, I found them more succinct while still conveying the same thing as the longer supports of other games. Even the two specific character-related things I've seen get the most flak, Gray and Clair's supports and Faye, I didn't mind.

That's basically the plan with the TT. I was at a point where I was like I can use Lucina who's maxed out on HM, or invest a bunch in Nowi, Fred, or Masked Marth. Nowi would've taken way more investment than MM or Fred, and I didn't have the resources. Someday, though, I will train her. MM and Fred would've taken similar investment, but I have more spare Barsts than Renewal 3 users, and no matter what, MM would've most likely been worse than my Lucina. Plus Fred gets cav buffs since I'll most likely be running Rein. So I basically couldn't justify not training Fred at this point. Just a bit disappointing as I was hoping to put those feathers toward building a Clive similar to @Frosty's build since that looked like fun or pimping out my waifu Palla more. I mean, yeah, I guess I could've run 3 star default Fred, but that just seemed like me being petty.

22 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

I definitely agree that she's still good, plus her ideal builds are a lot cheaper than Arden's and Joshua's. I would say BK is the best, but all things, i.e. merges, being equal, I'd give Josh a bit of a lead. I'd personally like a whole bunch of Josh's for merges then windsweep amd CD, but as.fsr as repeats go, she's probably as good as Arden (no particularly good inheritable skills) and better than Tobin and Clive, no skills and crappie stats.

Tobin and clive are still fairly useable, I wouldn't recommend them for your arena core, but for something like arena assault, tobin has a very usable base kit being the hector slayer =, and clive is not a terrible lance user, he can do a perfectly fine swordbreaker if you don't have an enormous number of lance users to pick from. they are both good if you are FtP and could use something extra or specific to pad out your numbers for AA and CC for that matter.

2 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Tobin and clive are still fairly useable, I wouldn't recommend them for your arena core, but for something like arena assault, tobin has a very usable base kit being the hector slayer =, and clive is not a terrible lance user, he can do a perfectly fine swordbreaker if you don't have an enormous number of lance users to pick from. they are both good if you are FtP and could use something extra or specific to pad out your numbers for AA and CC for that matter.

My Clive was bustin' heads left and right when he had his TT buffs. I still use him in AA on occasion, but I can probably build him better.

6 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Clive's actually become a lot more interesting since I've seen some alt builds for him that aren't just DB3 + brave lance, and I'm actually working on raising him right now. Tobin I really have mixed feelings on. I love him in Echoes, but I'm not a fan of his art in Heroes and I have trouble justifying raising him since I already have plenty of units that can run whatever he can with better results. I guess he has his niches, but there are a lot of other characters that get priority over him. I'd say he's probably the worst TT reward character.

I feel like I should care more about AA, but I can get 1200ish feathers from it a week and I'm too lazy to really work on building seven teams that can beat advanced seven times.

3 minutes ago, Cornguy said:

My Clive was bustin' heads left and right when he had his TT buffs. I still use him in AA on occasion, but I can probably build him better.

I never said he was anything incredible, I am just saying he is not totally useless, just religate him to sword killer and probably give him healer support and he should be fully capable of dealing with most swords anyone but arden, clive also likes his defense so he probably wouldn't hate fortress def. I understand why clive and tobin get overlooked, their speed is trash for them both but compensating for that they can find a place in AA and CC where they can find great situational use. Though I can admit, he could get relegated to benchwarmer if I ever get a sudden influx of blue units. he makes seven five star blue units help all my favorites are red and I have like a hundred five star reds.

40 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I never said he was anything incredible, I am just saying he is not totally useless, just religate him to sword killer and probably give him healer support and he should be fully capable of dealing with most swords anyone but arden, clive also likes his defense so he probably wouldn't hate fortress def. I understand why clive and tobin get overlooked, their speed is trash for them both but compensating for that they can find a place in AA and CC where they can find great situational use. Though I can admit, he could get relegated to benchwarmer if I ever get a sudden influx of blue units. he makes seven five star blue units help all my favorites are red and I have like a hundred five star reds.

My red 5* units also massively outnumber every other color. I would probably benefit from sacrificing a few of them for SI, but none of the truly hopeless ones have anything amazing to pass on, or they're named Alphonse.

7 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Fates, God no. Like half the cast is about on par with Frederick IMO. There are some characters I quite like though, like Leo and Silas AKA Best-bro Knight, so the cast isn't entirely unredeeming. Mind you, that's also far and away my least favorite FE so take that with a grain of salt.

Echoes is actually on the other end of the spectrum and has probably my favorite cast in the series. Having the smaller cast let them focus on the characters more, and for as much flak as the shorter supports seem to get, I actually quite liked them. It did surprise me the first time, but once I got used to them, I found them more succinct while still conveying the same thing as the longer supports of other games. Even the two specific character-related things I've seen get the most flak, Gray and Clair's supports and Faye, I didn't mind.

That's basically the plan with the TT. I was at a point where I was like I can use Lucina who's maxed out on HM, or invest a bunch in Nowi, Fred, or Masked Marth. Nowi would've taken way more investment than MM or Fred, and I didn't have the resources. Someday, though, I will train her. MM and Fred would've taken similar investment, but I have more spare Barsts than Renewal 3 users, and no matter what, MM would've most likely been worse than my Lucina. Plus Fred gets cav buffs since I'll most likely be running Rein. So I basically couldn't justify not training Fred at this point. Just a bit disappointing as I was hoping to put those feathers toward building a Clive similar to @Frosty's build since that looked like fun or pimping out my waifu Palla more. I mean, yeah, I guess I could've run 3 star default Fred, but that just seemed like me being petty.

Sounds interesting, because I'm also not very enthusiastic about Fates being 3 full price titles. 

Masked Marth and Alm (my only falchion users) got maxed out HM pretty fast on the earlier TTs (2&3). Even if since then regular healers got a boost, I wouldn't mind a bad natured Lucina for these TTs. Renewal 3 is nice but not necessary, the second level is already good enough to run them in TTs. 

Give MM Renewal 2, any healing Assist, any spare special, Darting Blow and a spare buff (or breath of life). With boosted stats he'll be a valuable member of your TT team even with this cheap set. 

@mampfoid You only need to buy one at full price- the other route will be discounted at half price if you download it via eShop. Conquest is worth it for the gameplay variety at least.

Anyway I decided to 5 star my Frederick so he can do his best on the TT. He deserves the extra stats, since he served me well early game. I just hope he can 1-shot Male Robin despite the enemy inflated stats in Lunatic 7.

9 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Funny thing is that I'll be bringing Clive along for the ride for this TT.

5 hours ago, thecrimsonflash said:

He's a part of my rotating Arena team. The huge number of Horse Emblem units I have on hand makes me rotate the members from time to time; well on the Offensive that is.

A combo of +DEF Slaying Lance, Fury and Close DEF seal makes him nice for facetanking physical units and punish them HARD; especially if Ignis is active on the Enemy Phase.

Edited by Frosty