Tempest Trials: A Gift of Peace!

Vaximillian

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Given Olivia is one of Lucina's potential mothers, that actually isn't as far-fetched as it seems. Of course, if they went that route, they'd be stepping on the toes of the ever-so-sensitive shippers......not that I'd give a damn. 

Clearly Spring Lucina is Maribelle's daughter though, because magic is everything!

Actually a Falchion dancer would be nice utility, with all the buffs dragons received lately. Also Olivia is the only red dancer (although Falchion as a weapon would mean Olivia gets outclassed straight away). The only other red dancer I can see is Tethys because of her colour scheme mostly- but maybe she can be a red tome dancer (as a nod to her brother Ewan?)

@Vaximillian So how's the Minerva x Catria going? (I just noticed they have similar hairstyles so it works!...at least Echoes Catria anyway)

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just realized funnily enough that the Heavy Blade seal is pretty much perfect for my Fierce Stance Ike. I am suddenly very glad for my recent indecisiveness over which seal to upgrade. 

In other news wRobin and BK will be getting married sometime tomorrow. I hope it happens in the chapel map. 

Edited by DarkLordIvy

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

The only other red dancer I can see is Tethys because of her colour scheme mostly

Phina from Mystery with a noble rapier. Silvia, Lene, and Laylea from Genealogy with a defence sword or something else. Lara from Thracia who could get daggers because she’s a thief.

Minerva/Catria hasn’t been going yet, sadly. But it will be!

51 minutes ago, Clogon said:

People use that for him? Without an ATK boon, QR Slayer seems much better.

Whenever I see a Clive in an arena; it's usually a DB3-Brave+ build which is starting to get a little tiring since I also see a lot of folks running Brave DB, I know it's good but it's just everywhere.

I run him with Slaying Lance+ with Fury 3 + Lancebreaker 3 to mirror Ephraim. I have his build posted in the Character Analysis section.

Edited by Frosty

And the most annoying map award this TT goes to.... the Spring Paralogue map with the closed walls. It really helps if you have ranged units plus a dancer, because the danger area isn't as clear cut as other maps.

Also goofed my first go in my main account because my team was split up and the trees make it annoying for my horsies. I was running Elise, Frederick, Masked Marth and Azura, but I was boxed in in my effort to try and split the enemies up.

I decided to drop Marth in the end and just go horse emblem with Reinhardt. Ranged cavalry really helps, especially with some of the bride paralogue maps. Besides, Elise was healing more efficiently than Masked Marth anyway.

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

And the most annoying map award this TT goes to.... the Spring Paralogue map with the closed walls. It really helps if you have ranged units plus a dancer, because the danger area isn't as clear cut as other maps.

I just throw my WE!Tharja at them and hope she tanks everything, though on my multiplier runs there was ALWAYS either a pretty powerful melee blue (she has Distant Defense SS) or a Hammer to take a solid chunk of her health.

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I just throw my WE!Tharja at them and hope she tanks everything, though on my multiplier runs there was ALWAYS either a pretty powerful melee blue (she has Distant Defense SS) or a Hammer to take a solid chunk of her health.

I know what you mean. Even though I don't have a Winter Tharja, I rely on Nowi for all-range counter. But just then I get a Reinhardt and a Frederick in that map (my Nowi is Triangle Adept) :/

I hate when there are ranged units/cavalry in that little wall....

Heavy Blade Seal ? ....Okay.

Well, time to start. Winter Team, go ! I just gave Renewal and Ardent Sacrifice to W!Robin so I can have an "healer" (useful for Tharja, since she's the one who takes hits the most, and Vengeful Fighter need her to be 50%+ in HP). Speaking of Tharja, she tank Boss Robin, taking 13*2 only, thanks to Distant Defense Seal 2 seal.

45 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Also goofed my first go in my main account because my team was split up and the trees make it annoying for my horsies. I was running Elise, Frederick, Masked Marth and Azura, but I was boxed in in my effort to try and split the enemies up.

I decided to drop Marth in the end and just go horse emblem with Reinhardt. Ranged cavalry really helps, especially with some of the bride paralogue maps. Besides, Elise was healing more efficiently than Masked Marth anyway.

I was about to bring this map up as well. Every bonus unit other than Tharja is close range. Absolutely hate this map.

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Ok, strange they wouldn't use the winter maps. 

It was the same case with the CYL TT. They used the maps that came with the original winners, but they didn't use the ones when Dorcas, Lute, Mia and Joshua debuted.

Although before that in the Holy War TT they did use the new maps.

Really strange. Why make a Christmas-themed TT if the only Christmas map is the final map?

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

It was the same case with the CYL TT. They used the maps that came with the original winners, but they didn't use the ones when Dorcas, Lute, Mia and Joshua debuted.

Although before that in the Holy War TT they did use the new maps.

Really strange. Why make a Christmas-themed TT if the only Christmas map is the final map?

Why make a Christmas Tempest debut the day after Christmas?

Just now, mcsilas said:

So people can enjoy Christmas? To wait for people in later timezones?

.....yeah other than that I got nothing.

I get not having it on Christmas, but in reality, it probably should have led up to it, went through it, and ended around New Years.

14 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I get not having it on Christmas, but in reality, it probably should have led up to it, went through it, and ended around New Years.

The other weird thing is the Christmas banner to get 40% bonus units ending before the TT ends.. :/

20 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

The legendary banner had the spring and bride seasonals.

Yeah, but since they didn't become TT-bonus units (which is a good thing) what connection would those maps have with Christmas TTs? 

Edited by mampfoid

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, but since they didn't become TT-bonus units (which is a good thing) what connection would those maps have with Christmas TTs? 

It’s the only connection these maps have to this tempest. Those units were featured recently, and their maps are being featured now.

The seals are great, although I’m disappointed at the lack of refining shards as rewards. 

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

“Marth”, Mae, Minerva, and MOlivia are my team. Why no dancer with an M name?

Singer Micaiah will be a reality one day. 

Uggggh. . . so all that time I put into Heavy Blade Soleil is tossed aside. She did so well compared to other standard builds on the battle sims too. I was going to wait to run her through the trials a bit to see real world use before doing an analysis, but I am pretty sure Darting/Death Blow with the Seal will be better than using the A slot. 

Threaten is kinda meh. Iote's could be lots of fun.

Also I hate these maps. Seriously IS? You make this an armor TT and then you go and use maps that constantly split the allies apart so that you can't use armor march on the first turn? At least the turn count appears generous enough not to be a big deal, but I would hate trying to do this with only 1 armor march unit.

Soleil's durability has some issues. When I was running battle calculations L&D almost always performed more poorly than one or the other. And I just realized you are probably talking about her usual Firesweep. I am running Slaying Edge. Calc wise it appeared her best options for heavy blade involved the Slaying Edge or Wo Dao. Firesweep is a different beast. And personally I just prefer durable heroes. The glass cannons don't interest me much. I did forget to consider Fury. Fury would probably outperform both all three since Soleil likes all her stats.

I have to admit, the Iote's Shield seal is quite a cool addition and comes with some good timing after Spring Camilla's appearance. The Heavy Blade seal is interesting but I'd have to review my units to see how I could use it.