Tempest Trials: A Gift of Peace!

Vaximillian

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

It now is.

It's been there for quite a while. First time I saw it was around Wednesday when someone posted a link here.

I pray to Naga that we get new seals. If it's gonna be old SS to please newer players then I'll...

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, I still wish Frederick was a 40%. He's my best unit and with those inflated stats, winning even lunatic 7 would be easier. But I wouldn't get as many points as I would if I used one of the Christmas units instead, who are armors and they're never great imo, unless it's something like Vantage Hector.

Vantage Tharja's probably just as terrifying; more so if she has a blade tome and decent displayed boosts. Sure she gives up doubling above a certain health threshold, but we're talking potentially 80 attack hitting res.

I agree that it's kind of annoying not having any 40% characters, but from experience, hitting 100K isn't significantly easier with a 40% than a 20%. Heck, Arvis's TT was the easiest one I've done and he was the only bonus character I used. 

Just now, silveraura25 said:

It's been there for quite a while. First time I saw it was around Wednesday when someone posted a link here.

I pray to Naga that we get new seals. If it's gonna be old SS to please newer players then I'll...

Me too. MM is a bit of a let down, but at least she can be merged or feathered. Seal repeats only get you feathers, and coming up with new seals really seems like it should be easier than a whole new character.

Just now, bottlegnomes said:

Me too. MM is a bit of a let down, but at least she can be merged or feathered. Seal repeats only get you feathers, and coming up with new seals really seems like it should be easier than a whole new character.

In the worst case scenario I can upgrade Hana to 5* for life and death fodder. I have about 7 Hanas right now. Sadly, all of them are either 3 or 4 stars. Every little bit helps

25 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Well, I still wish Frederick was a 40%. He's my best unit and with those inflated stats, winning even lunatic 7 would be easier. But I wouldn't get as many points as I would if I used one of the Christmas units instead, who are armors and they're never great imo, unless it's something like Vantage Hector.

What is your Frederick setup.

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I did the last TT with 20% bonus units because my B!Ike had maxed out hero merit and he was the only 40% bonus unit I had.  It is simple to do with auto battle, I still reached over 120k in points by the end.  Lunatic 5 with a 20% bonus unit and strong team works very well and at least for me is much less stressful then 7.  I personally love my armor emblem team, but that is what I like.  If you use your horse emblem team you should still be able to get all rewards just fine without too much hassle.

Nowi and Robin simultaneously kicking butt on one team

I may not even need reinhardt for this one lol

I'm just gonna run robin Nowi Nino and Olivia. Covers all parts of the triangle~

17 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

In the worst case scenario I can upgrade Hana to 5* for life and death fodder. I have about 7 Hanas right now. Sadly, all of them are either 3 or 4 stars. Every little bit helps

True. There are like 5,000,000 people who want l&d.

10 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

I did the last TT with 20% bonus units because my B!Ike had maxed out hero merit and he was the only 40% bonus unit I had.  It is simple to do with auto battle, I still reached over 120k in points by the end.  Lunatic 5 with a 20% bonus unit and strong team works very well and at least for me is much less stressful then 7.  I personally love my armor emblem team, but that is what I like.  If you use your horse emblem team you should still be able to get all rewards just fine without too much hassle.

I've seen people suggest that a lot, but I just can't bring myself to trust the computer. Maybe it's because aside from Xander everyone on my main team dies in like 2 hits and I don't trust them to heal appropriately. Guess now could be a chance to try out my armor team on L5 or something.

Edited by bottlegnomes

8 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

True. There are like 5,000,000 people who want l&d.

I've seen people suggest that a lot, but u just can't bring myself to trust the computer. Maybe it's because aside from Xander everyone on my main team dies in like 2 hits and I don't trust them to heal appropriately. Guess now could be a chance to try out my armor team on L5 or something.

Thankfully I just got a bad IV Minerva. -spd +def

It's good for units that have bad defense and res that focus on the offense. I'm saving one of my fodders for Soleil when I get her at some point. Tailtiu as well

Edited by silveraura25

Was hoping a bit that we would get a Tobin rerun. Still, I find the anger for this one a bit odd, seems like everyone is overly angry over this one, sure they are being lazy, but I can't think of any other regular Tempest where they were, cant wait for more quickened pulse.

In other news, Ike and Roy deconfirmed for FE Warriors 2 and in their place, Jacob and Felicia!! But seriously they are coming guaranteed in 3 we promise.

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

People, it's not the end of the world if you don't have a 40% character. 

Of course the Lucina fan would be satisfied with two Lucinas among the bonus line-up.

Kidding, obviously. Lucina is great. Too bad she doesn’t want to come to me.

I mean, it was expected that the Christmas quartet would be the 40%. I, for one, was prepared to not have a 40% this time.

Edited by Vaximillian

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Of course the Lucina fan would be satisfied with two Lucinas among the bonus line-up.

I mean, it was expected that the Christmas quartet would be the 40%. I, for one, was prepared to not have a 40% this time.

Saddest part is that I got Lucina from the Christmas banner. I'm sorry for existing. Please forgive me.

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Saddest part is that I got Lucina from the Christmas banner. I'm sorry for existing. Please forgive me.

Nah, I’m chill after everyone taking all the Deirdres from the pool on the legendary banner and leaving none for me.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Nah, I’m chill after everyone taking all the Deirdres from the pool on the legendary banner and leaving none for me.

I'm sure you'll get her. Never give up on your waifus. And if it's not looking so good, Julia's a good alternative with what we got from weapon refinement. She's her daughter so that counts for something at least. Julius GHB when?

22 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Thankfully I just got a bad IV Minerva. -spd +def

It's good for units that have bad defense and res that focus on the offense. I'm saving one of my fodders for Soleil when I get her at some point. Tailtiu as well

I wish I could trade you. Haven't gotten a single Minerva yet. Basically all my squishy mages are in line to get it, plus a couple others I'm blanking on, so I'll be busy for a while.

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Wish I could trade you too. She seems to love me.

14 minutes ago, thecrimsonflash said:

Was hoping a bit that we would get a Tobin rerun. Still, I find the anger for this one a bit odd, seems like everyone is overly angry over this one, sure they are being lazy, but I can't think of any other regular Tempest where they were, cant wait for more quickened pulse.

In other news, Ike and Roy deconfirmed for FE Warriors 2 and in their place, Jacob and Felicia!! But seriously they are coming guaranteed in 3 we promise.

I don't know about others, but for me at least it's not so much anger and just sort of a let down. To put it in an emoticon: -_-

4 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

I wish I could trade you. Haven't gotten a single Minerva yet. Basically all my squishy mages are in line to get it, plus a couple others I'm blanking on, so I'll be busy for a while.

Wish I could trade you too. She seems to love me.

I don't know about others, but for me at least it's not so much anger and just sort of a let down. To put it in an emoticon: -_-

Well, we have a banner with her right now. Don't waste your orbs

Edited by silveraura25

@bottlegnomes I find that as long as only one unit has a healing skill and you don't have a weapon on your healer auto battle works fairly well.  The only problem I ever had was the one with BK where I had Elincia and Titania on the same team and they both had healing skills they ended up just sitting there healing each other until I checked what was happening.  Never again will I have two units with a healing skill on the same team on my auto battle TT team.

11 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I'm sure you'll get her. Never give up on your waifus. And if it's not looking so good, Julia's a good alternative with what we got from weapon refinement. She's her daughter so that counts for something at least. Julius GHB when?

Didn’t get the daughter, didn’t get the mother, unfortunately. Ishtar GHB first!

5 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Well, we have a banner with her right now. Don't waste your orbs

Oh trust me, it's been tough. Eldigan is probably my most wanted character and he's ghosted me on two separate banners now. Throwing Minerva in made me seriously consider blowing off the Christmas banner to chase them.

3 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

@bottlegnomes I find that as long as only one unit has a healing skill and you don't have a weapon on your healer auto battle works fairly well.  The only problem I ever had was the one with BK where I had Elincia and Titania on the same team and they both had healing skills they ended up just sitting there healing each other until I checked what was happening.  Never again will I have two units with a healing skill on the same team on my auto battle TT team.

Healing skill in addition to a healer or one or the other?

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

But not with 40% bonus points. That's what matters most. TT is extremely tedious and annoying to do. I'd rather do as few runs as possible to get all the rewards.

If you don't have a 40% unit, no problem your Frederick will carry you to 100k easily. 

If you do have a 40% unit but don't want to play armors, just bring it on the final map for the bonus. I did the same with BH!Ike because he maxed HM and has been my only 40% unit in last TTs. 

@Vaximillian I share the unfortunate status of being Lucina-less on her TTs. :-(

32 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

People, it's not the end of the world if you don't have a 40% character. 

I mean, it's kinda easy for either you or I to say that when the both of us are actually willing to pull from Winter's Envoy.

Nah, it isn't. It only makes this slog of a mode even more of one. I know it seriously annoyed me when I had to go into Genealogy of Light without one though fortunately Jugdral's resident blade goddess eventually arrived to save me from the tedium.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Didn’t get the daughter, didn’t get the mother, unfortunately. Ishtar GHB first!

Nah man, give me Travant first.

Would it annoy you if I said that I'm not using either my Julia or Deirdre to combat M!Robin in this TT, but my ToD!Henry instead? It's just a matter of better team synergy with WE!Tharja, after all. That and he has TA3 while both Naga users don't.

3 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Oh trust me, it's been tough. Eldigan is probably my most wanted character and he's ghosted me on two separate banners now. Throwing Minerva in made me seriously consider blowing off the Christmas banner to chase them.

Healing skill in addition to a healer or one or the other?

I normally run a healer who can't attack o they stay out of the way.  Healing skills with a healer work fine as long as only one unit has a healing skill besides the healer because otherwise the risk of two units with healing skills only healing each other is just too great and messes up the run.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Would it annoy you if I said that I'm not using either my Julia or Deirdre to combat M!Robin in this TT, but my ToD!Henry instead? 

Travant is the man indeed.

All this is meh. Robin vs. Robin is the real deal though.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

All this is meh. Robin vs. Robin is the real deal though.

I do also have F!Robin as a 5* and she has TA3 as well so I could make that a reality. And if I'm lucky, I might be able to have M!Robin beat himself up with a Christmas tree, which sure was a thing I'd never thought I'd say.