Tempest Trials: A Gift of Peace!

Vaximillian

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Travant is the man indeed.

All this is meh. Robin vs. Robin is the real deal though.

DC Gae Bolg. Give us Iote Shield SS.

Edited by silveraura25

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not surprised it turned out this way for the bonus units. People got their hopes up way too high for something different. Only sad part to me is A!Tiki wasn't included in the 20% units, would've been a great chance to max her HM more easily.

It is indeed not a huge deal to not have a 40% bonus, assuming your goal isn't top 1k. And even then, with a little more effort every day, even a 20% unit can let you stay in top 1k for the extra feathers (I can confirm, did so during the two Echoes TTs). If you do think it is a big deal, then you should reevaluate your own dedication.

The double Lucina bonus units is amusing, and I'm sure is a welcome addition to anyone who uses them as hybrid healers. Looking forward to merging Masked Marth some more, a free decent merged 5* is always appreciated.

1 hour ago, Soul~! said:

What is your Frederick setup.

AVhIzjm.png

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

If you don't have a 40% unit, no problem your Frederick will carry you to 100k easily. 

If you do have a 40% unit but don't want to play armors, just bring it on the final map for the bonus. I did the same with BH!Ike because he maxed HM and has been my only 40% unit in last TTs.

I guess I could try that. Or maybe run Frederick and Christmas Robin together. But that's if I decide to do this TT at all. Right now, I still don't care to do it since it doesn't have rewards I like...

3 hours ago, GinRei said:

I would hope they wouldn't think a few story missions that take 20 minutes to complete and a forge that's time gated so you can only upgrade a weapon once every 1-2 weeks (with PRF being upgraded once every 6-8 weeks barring mission rewards) as something to substantially occupy anyone's time.

I would hope not either, but since it's the only actual new thing they've added in the past month besides the Tana/Amelia BHB, that's the only thing I can think of to explain their thought process here outside of pure laziness.

3 hours ago, GinRei said:

While not making the exact same mistake twice is always a good step, it doesn't stop the current situation from being bad.  Nor does it prevent them from making other obvious mistakes that they, for some reason, continue to make.

Of course, I'm not saying it isn't. I just mean it seemed the Ayra backlash at least made them not pull the same blindsiding shit again (even if Rhajat's addition on the TT banner still sucked, we just got notified this time). So perhaps if the Japanese community is vocally upset over such a lazy Christmas it might get something out of them. Don't mistake me for being too optimistic about that, though.

6 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I would hope not either, but since it's the only actual new thing they've added in the past month besides the Tana/Amelia BHB, that's the only thing I can think of to explain their thought process here outside of pure laziness.

Of course, I'm not saying it isn't. I just mean it seemed the Ayra backlash at least made them not pull the same blindsiding shit again (even if Rhajat's addition on the TT banner still sucked, we just got notified this time). So perhaps if the Japanese community is vocally upset over such a lazy Christmas it might get something out of them. Don't mistake me for being too optimistic about that, though.

In their defense, the whole refinery thing was probably a pretty major work effort. It very well could have tied up a lot of resources, both design and development, that normally would've been working on different smaller projects.

I can't say I consider Rhajat even mildly bad. At worst, it means you split your pity rate between two banners. At best, it means a higher percent chance of getting one of the Fates kids (I think; 3% focus split between 3 characters instead of 4) and two free summons toward getting a new character rather than one. It seemed a little strange, but the major complaint I've seen is that they would've dropped an additional character to 4 stars which I doubt they would've. They seem to really overvalue distant and close defense. Yeah, they're very good, but we have seals of them, and they're not exactly DC levels of game-changing.

So I'm stupid. Over 50 orbs into the stupid seasonal banner for armors I don't care about for a stupid bonus unit and I have a whole lot of nothing to show for it but 0 orbs. Ill prepared for the legendary/new years banner.

More M!Marth merges aren't the problem, she's the best character reward to date and making her more powerful is never a bad thing. The issue is that you have to hope you get lucky in order not to struggle for the Tempest and this time even if you do you have to log around a slow armor unless you run armor march and who uses Armor emblem for TT? Another thing is that it's a 2 week limited banner which was the perfect opportunity to make this a mini tempest spanning the last week of the year, but instead it's going to drag out.

The rewards are nice, but this is one of the worst Tempests yet and I feel stupid for wasting so many orbs because of it.

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Of course the Lucina fan would be satisfied with two Lucinas among the bonus line-up.

Kidding, obviously. Lucina is great. Too bad she doesn’t want to come to me.

I mean, it was expected that the Christmas quartet would be the 40%. I, for one, was prepared to not have a 40% this time.

Not that I plan on using Lucina. Unfortunately all four of them are maxed on HM, so Christmas Shepherds plus Black Knight it is. 

2 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Nah, I’m chill after everyone taking all the Deirdres from the pool on the legendary banner and leaving none for me.

I have one of those too...but I wanted Hector.

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

I mean, it's kinda easy for either you or I to say that when the both of us are actually willing to pull from Winter's Envoy.

Nah, it isn't. It only makes this slog of a mode even more of one. I know it seriously annoyed me when I had to go into Genealogy of Light without one though fortunately Jugdral's resident blade goddess eventually arrived to save me from the tedium.

I didn't do too well in that one, but that was moreso Warriors fault than my unit pool. In fact, I've been without a 40% unit on several.

34 minutes ago, Zeo said:

So I'm stupid. Over 50 orbs into the stupid seasonal banner for armors I don't care about for a stupid bonus unit and I have a whole lot of nothing to show for it but 0 orbs. Ill prepared for the legendary/new years banner.

Same except I sunk 147 with no seasonal to show for it, and I spent those orbs just for the sake of adding one or two to my collection, I didn't know they'd have anything to do with the next TT.

Come to think of it, this would be the only TT in which I inadvertently spent a notable sum of orbs for 40% bonus units. And the fact that I failed to get them due to dumb luck is really upsetting. Hopefully this gacha game plans on celebrating the holidays with a focus on gifts for the players rather than putting a bunch of crazy banners up.

19 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I didn't do too well in that one, but that was moreso Warriors fault than my unit pool. In fact, I've been without a 40% unit on several.

That one is still the only one where I didn't have at least one 40% unit going into it. I similarly really struggled making consistent progress on the last Tempest, but due to a combination of Pokemon Ultra Moon and Super Mario Odyssey instead meanwhile I'm only at like Chapter 4 in Warriors and haven't touched it in weeks, also thanks to the aforementioned games. I was only able to will myself to 99,999 in that TT just so I could get one last chance at BB!Cordelia, only to fail of course.

I've gone through at least 2-3 tempest trials with only a 20% bonus unit, and have consistently earned all of the rewards on the board since the first tempest without needing to spend too much time out of my day to do so. I also have not used auto battle.

I don't know what you guys are doing.

Edited by Sunwoo

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

More M!Marth merges aren't the problem, she's the best character reward to date and making her more powerful is never a bad thing.

Both Black Knight and Joshua are better.  Arden is arguably better too, but he's more niche so harder to use.

43 minutes ago, GinRei said:

Both Black Knight and Joshua are better.  Arden is arguably better too, but he's more niche so harder to use.

Joshua is less straightforward even if he has higher BST. Arden is niche and wants Armor March to shine. Black Knight is fantastic but Steady Stance is a nice skill that you might want to give to someone and he was the only one with the skill to inherit before Shiro who currently sits at *5 only.

Meanwhile anyone who was around during the first Tempest has M!Marth anywhere between +1 and +3 and she's about to get even stronger.

Edited by Zeo

I'll probably be done with Radiant Dawn before this Tempest.

Spoiler

Because, you know, I'm going into the Tower of Guidance today.

...I feel like some other Fire Emblem like SFC Mystery, Genealogy, or All-Girls PoR is going to take my attention from this outside of one, maybe two sessions a day using Nowi and/or Lucina.

45 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Joshua is less straightforward even if he has higher BST. Arden is niche and wants Armor March to shine. Black Knight is fantastic but Steady Stance is a nice skill that you might want to give to someone and he was the only one with the skill to inherit before Shiro who currently sits at *5 only.

Meanwhile anyone who was around during the first Tempest has M!Marth anywhere between +1 and +3 and she's about to get even stronger.

Joshua's offensive output isn't much worse, 47/35 vs 50/36, in return for much more bulk, 40/30/33 vs 43/25/19, and can theoretically run DC semi-effectively or could run L&D and still have similar to superior bulk to MM.

Arden I'll agree is more niche, but he has the follow-up ring, which for as much raving as people have done about the new Christmas skills, still has the advantage of working on either phase. I could see them being equal in different ways since Arden won't have a player phase outside armor march and his enemy phase is high investment.

I'd imagine steady breath is far more sought after than steady stance 3, and I can't imagine people sacking the best sword armor just because they want his skill unless they just don't care about armors.

Heck, even Clive for his mediocre stat distribution has access to cav buffs, which could potentially put him above her. 

Fuck Tobin, though.

Mind you, I'm not saying she's terrible, just not as impressive as she seemed back in the first TT.

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I've gone through at least 2-3 tempest trials with only a 20% bonus unit, and have consistently earned all of the rewards on the board since the first tempest without needing to spend too much time out of my day to do so. I also have not used auto battle.

I don't know what you guys are doing.

I only do up to 40,000. There was only one time where I claimed my rewards up to 99,000. I missed 5* Marth and 5* Tobin. I am also missing Guidance and Phantom Speed. I missed these because I'm not that committed to the game. ): I auto-battle everything, and I was able to get, for each TT, a 40% unit except for two. 

So basically, I'm the opposite from you. LMAO.

16 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Joshua's offensive output isn't much worse, 47/35 vs 50/36, in return for much more bulk, 40/30/33 vs 43/25/19, and can theoretically run DC semi-effectively or could run L&D and still have similar to superior bulk to MM.

Arden I'll agree is more niche, but he has the follow-up ring, which for as much raving as people have done about the new Christmas skills, still has the advantage of working on either phase. I could see them being equal in different ways since Arden won't have a player phase outside armor march and his enemy phase is high investment.

I'd imagine steady breath is far more sought after than steady stance 3, and I can't imagine people sacking the best sword armor just because they want his skill unless they just don't care about armors.

Heck, even Clive for his mediocre stat distribution has access to cav buffs, which could potentially put him above her. 

Fuck Tobin, though.

Mind you, I'm not saying she's terrible, just not as impressive as she seemed back in the first TT.

She may not be quite as impressive as she was, but neutral Lucina was an amazing unit when she first arrived and she continues to be a pretty good unit now, only thing is that while most of the units you named (barring Black Knight who's just superior) may be on par or superior, they all require a degree of investment in order to reach said potential.

On the other hand, anyone who was around the first Tempest has access to a +5 M!Marth with +2 to every stat and HP. Putting her significantly above Joshua in offense even if her bulk is still inferior. Heck even just using the free *5 offerings at +1 gives her +4 ATK and HP and +2 SPD vs him. I mean... my point really is just that the two are comparable, and more so if she's merged because she's been around for quite a while and anyone who wanted to merge her has had plenty of opportunities to.

The whole deal is that imo she and Black Knight are the best offerings (along with Arden) for repeats in my opinion.

24 minutes ago, Zeo said:

She may not be quite as impressive as she was, but neutral Lucina was an amazing unit when she first arrived and she continues to be a pretty good unit now, only thing is that while most of the units you named (barring Black Knight who's just superior) may be on par or superior, they all require a degree of investment in order to reach said potential.

On the other hand, anyone who was around the first Tempest has access to a +5 M!Marth with +2 to every stat and HP. Putting her significantly above Joshua in offense even if her bulk is still inferior. Heck even just using the free *5 offerings at +1 gives her +4 ATK and HP and +2 SPD vs him. I mean... my point really is just that the two are comparable, and more so if she's merged because she's been around for quite a while and anyone who wanted to merge her has had plenty of opportunities to.

The whole deal is that imo she and Black Knight are the best offerings (along with Arden) for repeats in my opinion.

I definitely agree that she's still good, plus her ideal builds are a lot cheaper than Arden's and Joshua's. I would say BK is the best, but all things, i.e. merges, being equal, I'd give Josh a bit of a lead. I'd personally like a whole bunch of Josh's for merges then windsweep amd CD, but as.fsr as repeats go, she's probably as good as Arden (no particularly good inheritable skills) and better than Tobin and Clive, no skills and crappie stats.

3 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

That one is still the only one where I didn't have at least one 40% unit going into it. I similarly really struggled making consistent progress on the last Tempest, but due to a combination of Pokemon Ultra Moon and Super Mario Odyssey instead meanwhile I'm only at like Chapter 4 in Warriors and haven't touched it in weeks, also thanks to the aforementioned games. I was only able to will myself to 99,999 in that TT just so I could get one last chance at BB!Cordelia, only to fail of course.

I also lacked any 40% units for both Echoes banners and I had to train Eliwood and Lyn for the mini one.

I'm probably gonna dump at least one more chunk of orbs in the winter banner. I'm glad I got Chrom, but I really wanted any of the bunch who had Armor March to make it less of a slog. I have no Henry to speak of from ToD despite my efforts, and never managed to pull Amelia the two times she's been on a banner.

18 minutes ago, Cornguy said:

I'm probably gonna dump at least one more chunk of orbs in the winter banner. I'm glad I got Chrom, but I really wanted any of the bunch who had Armor March to make it less of a slog. I have no Henry to speak of from ToD despite my efforts, and never managed to pull Amelia the two times she's been on a banner.

Similar situation here, only that I got Lissa and Tharja instead of Chrom. My Amelia has maxed HM, but she is +ATK and I don't want to sacrifice her for Armor March. 

I'll wait what the legendary banner has to offer before to spend other orbs on the winter units.