Tempest Trials: A Gift of Peace!

Vaximillian

Using Frederick on a team was a mistake. This must be my punishment for some sin I committed in a past life. >.> This TT is REALLY going to suck. I don't exactly have the time to mess around, so I may just let Reinhardt and Lucina do all the heavy lifting. Lucina's gonna' be my saving grace it seems. XD She's got some AMAZING stats with the  Tempest boost.

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

Question: I have an under leveled C!Robin. should I play lower level maps for the bonus or play higher level maps for higher points?

I use TT as a training ground the first couple of days then do it for points.  Honestly TT would be one of the fastest ways to level your C!Robin, but if you want rewards fast then use a 20% bonus unit on your regular TT team on a higher level.  

Man, now I have to decide who to give Heavy Blade to...decisions decisions. An Aether user would be a prime candidate, but I kind of want to keep Lucina ridiculously fast and Chrom is, well, Chrom. Though with that, he could prove rather useful.

I'll give the Tempest a shot later, hopefully my Lucina+Nowi will be enough to get this done quickly. 

For the seals...I don't care that much about Threaten Spd (it's good but it's not that useful to me when my strategies are mostly bait and then hit and run). Iote's shield will be great for the likes of Michalis, Beruka, Subaki and some overkill S!Camilla build, sadly I don't use any of them so that's a bit of a waste. Heavy Blade is where it is at! My Minerva reaches 61 atk with flier buffs and thanks to Hauteclere I'll be able to change her Luna for a super special like Dragon Fang. Hehehehe this is going to be great!

On 12/24/2017 at 9:27 PM, Frosty said:

This is also why my Cherche (+SPD/-DEF) runs a Slaying Axe+ build allowing her to mirror Minerva; and Frederick might become an Axe Eldigan / Horse Minerva. I'm starting to feel a little tired seeing the ever-prevalent DB+Brave Weapon build.

Never realized Cherche had a +4 speed boon. That actually puts her surprisingly close to Minerva. Yeah, the DB brave builds are nice to have around when necessary, but the variety is also nice. It's just a shame that not too many characters can run both that and an alt set with the same IVs since that means you need multiple copies to run multiple sets.

1 minute ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Using Frederick on a team was a mistake. This must be my punishment for some sin I committed in a past life. >.> This TT is REALLY going to suck. I don't exactly have the time to mess around, so I may just let Reinhardt and Lucina do all the heavy lifting. Lucina's gonna' be my saving grace it seems. XD She's got some AMAZING stats with the  Tempest boost.

That doesn't bode super well for me either. Going to do my runs in the morning since my stamina is currently in the single digits and it's late where I am already.

Anyway, while MM is still a disappointment, those seals definitely aren't. Not sure whom I'm giving Iote's Shield, but someone on my flier team is 100% getting it. Archers are such a PITA. Also, I'm super hyped for L&D3, Desperation, Heavy Blade, Luna Valter. Rein too, might be interesting/a royal pain since this'd basically be QP on every turn, not just the first, if his attack is high enough.

17 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

Question: I have an under leveled C!Robin. should I play lower level maps for the bonus or play higher level maps for higher points?

The stat boost is worth several levels in terms of effectiveness, so you can get away with taking him in underlevelled. As an example, I took Joshua at level 23 or so into the level 30 TT, and he came out the other end of it around level 38. He's going to get a level pretty much every kill.

Level 30 TT with a 40% bonus unit is 441 points I think? Level 40 TT with a 20% unit instead is a little over 600, or 500ish with no bonus whatsoever. How you decide that depends on how much you value your time vs your stamina potions.

EDIT: From memory I took level 1 Josh to the level 8 TT, got him to level 11. Took him to level 20 TT, took him to 23. Then the level 30 TT to 38, and then the level 35 one to finish. So 1-40 over the course of four runs.

Edited by Humanoid

Managed to get a +Res/-Atk Xmas Tharja before TT. Armor Emblem seems to be doing quite well for this TT!

Current team: +Res/-Atk Xmas Tharja, +Atk/-Spd Effie, +Atk/-HP Amelia, and +HP/-Spd Genny.

BTW, that Conquest (Ablaze) theme from FE Awakening. Nice to hear it again.

Edited by Roflolxp54

Holy shit, Heavy Blade seal? What's next, Distant Counter?

Speaking of DC, Iote's Shield seal means a DC flier can actually be a big deal. And no upgrades being necessary is always nice.

29 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

What weapon do you have him with? I'm using Frederick with Brave Axe (standard, not +) and he's doing really well so long as he doesn't get attacked.

1 minute ago, Florete said:

Holy shit, Heavy Blade seal? What's next, Distant Counter?

My thought is that they're going for somewhat underused A-slots. Heavy Blade isn't super underused, but it's hard to use well when you're lacking the right firepower (enough Atk/Spd) to sacrifice that A-slot. There's also the fact that it's limited to initiating, which is why certain skills like Steady Breath may outclass it hard in that context.

Michalis can sigh in relief. Hmmm I wonder, maybe Heavy Blade + Galeforce + Iote's Shield (for lulz) Minerva? Although LaD is probably better.

Also my team is Nowi, Ninian, Frederick and Brave Lyn. I was going to use Masked Marth as a healer but I noticed I didn't have a ranged attacker, so even if Brave Lyn had her HM capped (and Ninian), Brave Bow shenanigans just work so well in TTs.

Also, Hone Cav Death Blow Brave Axe+ +Atk Frederick with TT bonus stats and Atk+3 SS just wrecks.

I'm sure I'm going to regret doing a double blue dragon setup, but Fortify Dragons Nowi is just so fun to use. Oh also Brave Lyn is my 'healer' with the Breath of Life seal, to keep Nowi's QR up.

@Rafiel's Aria Is Frederick with his default set? If anything maybe he can be a reposition bot and/or armour killer (if not going Brave Axe) in the final map- since the only sword armour in TTs is Draug. But yeah, he is kind of slow if he's going with his default kit.

Edited by mcsilas

Heavy Blade seal huh? I've been searching for a fodder excuse for my pity breaker Ike. Something good enough to console me over 147 orbs on the Christmas banner with no christmas unit to show for it. Or to console me over the fact that there are just two natures worse than my current +Res/-Def, and +Res/-Spd is one of them. I'm searching for something I might have done to have slighted the game in some way. The answers I seek do not exist.

In better, less personal news, Iote's shield is a great seal. Definitely a more responsible addition than Granny's shield. Because it took months of updates before we got good horseslaying weapons to combat the rampant domination of horse emblem, and we don't need to give the horses another tool. Also there's 80 Sacred Seals when I'm pretty sure the last TT had 60. And 42 refining stones to pick up from quests. Glad they gave up some stones. Wish there was more than 1 blessing, but w/e. Also the 4 star unit now takes 2000 points to earn. I guess so people that have none of the bonus units will get the free one just a bit faster, that's fair.

On 24/12/2017 at 8:27 AM, Frosty said:

Glad to know that my build is working great for you. It does indeed bring a new twist in utilizing Clive other than the Death Blow Brave Lance+ builds.

People use that for him? Without an ATK boon, QR Slayer seems much better.

40 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Man, now I have to decide who to give Heavy Blade to...decisions decisions.

My Reinhardt will be very happy to replace his QP seal. Give him a breaker and he basically double moonbows everyone that has less than 60 ATK.

Dear me from a week ago: thank you for choosing to wait and see what the tempest seals were instead of upgrading something.

I’ll have to have a look at what I’ve got, but I think I’ll be able to make good use of  this Heavy Blade seal...

4 minutes ago, Florete said:

What weapon do you have him with? I'm using Frederick with Brave Axe (standard, not +) and he's doing really well so long as he doesn't get attacked.

Frederick’s my one character I’ll likely never build for personal reasons. Well that and I have a plethora of other characters I’d much rather invest in. Mine’s a 4*+5 with his natural skills plus ATK+3. I figured he’d at least be good for armors, but he’s not really useful for much more than blocking blues. I decided to run Reinhardt who has Hone Cavalry, and that helps a little. He’d likely be much better with a full on build, but I don’t want to waste resources on him, since I may very well want to build someone else I actually like. I may give him Draw Back since I do have a ton of fodder for that. Reposition is too precious.

I just want him to give me feathers for HM since I have a reason to use him now. And then I can never use him again....like Faye.

I’ll tag @mcsilas here too since I noticed the reply.

2 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Frederick’s my one character I’ll likely never build for personal reasons. Well that and I have a plethora of other characters I’d much rather invest in. Mine’s a 4*+5 with his natural skills plus ATK+3. I figured he’d at least be good for armors, but he’s not really useful for much more than blocking blues. I decided to run Reinhardt who has Hone Cavalry, and that helps a little. He’d likely be much better with a full on build, but I don’t want to waste resources on him, since I may very well want to build someone else I actually like. I may give him Draw Back since I do have a ton of fodder for that. Reposition is too precious.

I just want him to give me feathers for HM since I have a reason to use him now. And then I can never use him again....like Faye.

I’ll tag @mcsilas here too since I noticed the reply.

That's fair enough. Just making use of his extra move and using Draw Back works too.

Goes well with Wings of Mercy as well. And if he did teleport to someone at least he can buff them with Fortify Def next turn- natural WoM at least makes him a super mobile cavalry

25 minutes ago, Soul~! said:

My thought is that they're going for somewhat underused A-slots. Heavy Blade isn't super underused, but it's hard to use well when you're lacking the right firepower (enough Atk/Spd) to sacrifice that A-slot. There's also the fact that it's limited to initiating, which is why certain skills like Steady Breath may outclass it hard in that context.

its not limited to initiating, it works on enemy and player phase

Edited by Hilda

5 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Seasonal Masked Marth named 'Martha'

Next TT's bonus unit! Dancer with Falchion!

Given Olivia is one of Lucina's potential mothers, that actually isn't as far-fetched as it seems. Of course, if they went that route, they'd be stepping on the toes of the ever-so-sensitive shippers......not that I'd give a damn. 

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

...not that I'd give a damn. 

I still need to do Leo×Maria! And Minerva apparently approves of the pairing, given that she personally came to watch the development.

26 minutes ago, Clogon said:

People use that for him? Without an ATK boon, QR Slayer seems much better.

My Reinhardt will be very happy to replace his QP seal. Give him a breaker and he basically double moonbows everyone that has less than 60 ATK.

this is a very bad idea, you are giving up the ability to win matches against Effie and Hector and some other green units that have higher attack. Effie will have more Atk, especially since she will prolly run a refined weapon. It might maybe work against Hector, depending on his nature and skill

Consistency > Randomness.

A refined Weapon Elidgan will benefit alot more from this or a Soleil with a Firesweep Sword.

Edited by Hilda