Tempest Trials: A Gift of Peace!

Vaximillian

1 hour ago, Hawk King said:

Threaten Spd and Iote's shield were surprising enough, but Heavy blade really shocked me. It's only a matter of time before some impressive builds emerge that can utilize it.

The description says that only one skill will be applied with similar effects so Heavy blade and Blazing Durandal obviously won't stack, but will Heavy blade stack with Bold Fighter or Vengeful Fighter?

What about Heavy blade with Ayra's sword/Mia's A-skill?

My guess would be no, but I can't say for certain. HB + Steady Breath might be interesting since on enemy phase, every hit, dealt and received, would give +2 if you have high enough attack. Then again, it might end up being redundant, since I can't think of many skills where the charge counts would work out.

Edited by bottlegnomes

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

My guess would be no, but I can't say for certain. HB + Steady Breath might be interesting since on enemy phase, every hit, dealt and received, would give +2 if you have high enough attack. Then again, it might end up being redundant, since I can't think of many skills where the charge counts would work out.

HB will almost certainly not stack with BF, VF, SB, or FB.  SB, HB, and FB all state 'if using a similar skill, only the highest value applies', and BF/VF outright say they don't stack (likely due to lack of space to use the previous wording).  It's unlikely you can get +2 charge on anything.

Also, your example doesn't work even if HB stacks with SB, as HB only works on the unit's attacks.  If they did stack, during enemy phase hits received would have +1 and hits dealt would have +2 if your attack is higher than the opponents.

Freaking Iote's Shield Sacred Seal!!! My DC Bow-killer Cordelia build is possible at last! RIP no Bowbreaker, but we'll make do with what we have. RavenLance soon PLZ

Heavy Blade? Cool, now I can make my regular Roy do fun things without having to go pull an Ike.

And best of all, a brand new, free - what? Oh…just Merth again. Eh, great, I guess.

I just got to 12k, with no stamina pots used up to this point, so the Threaten Spd seal is mine now. I've also yet to get anything worse than A/A with my team of Soleil, WE!Robin, ToD!Henry and ToD!Jakob and his bullshit combo of Brave Bow+, Death Blow 3 and Bold Fighter 3. Why did I ever want BB!Cordelia again?

I'm not really feeling this Tempest.  Armor units are a literal drag, and there are several maps I'm not a fan of.  The Christmas theme on top of that just reminds how tired I am of Christmas and ready to move on.  Who's idea was it to start a Christmas Tempest AFTER Christmas?

Usually it's the second week I feel burned out, not the first day.

2 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

HB will almost certainly not stack with BF, VF, SB, or FB.  SB, HB, and FB all state 'if using a similar skill, only the highest value applies', and BF/VF outright say they don't stack (likely due to lack of space to use the previous wording).  It's unlikely you can get +2 charge on anything.

Also, your example doesn't work even if HB stacks with SB, as HB only works on the unit's attacks.  If they did stack, during enemy phase hits received would have +1 and hits dealt would have +2 if your attack is higher than the opponents.

Two total per hit, 1+1 on enemy attack from SB and 1+1 from heavy blade on your attack. +2 meant total charge per attack, not bonus.

Edited by bottlegnomes

3 hours ago, Alexmender said:

Got to 10k! I have about 70 stamina pots, I wonder how many pots it requires to get to 100k if I auto battle Lunatic 5 with a 20%.

Somebody on the subreddit reached 100k in 4 hrs and 53 mins using 42 stamina pots on Lunatic 5 but they had a 40% unit so the answer would be...way too many. (They've also been knocked from 1st place to 4th so 3 other people have done something similar)

Meanwhile I've burned 9 stamina pots and have gotten to 28,000 and some change. I'm going to go through one more with WChrom and the team, then call it a day. I really want to burn through this TT so I can go back to using my stamina for the Warrior maps.

4 hours ago, bottlegnomes said:

Two total per hit, 1+1 on enemy attack from SB and 1+1 from heavy blade on your attack. +2 meant total charge per attack, not bonus.

SB gives that anyways though.  It gives +1 charge per action, which includes both dealt and received.  The only benefit to running HB with SB is that you can get extra charges on player phase as well.

So, I just noticed that while doing auto-battle runs, my armors will group together on turn 1 on the maps that they are separated on to get armor march on all of them.

Have they always acted this intelligently?

13 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Threaten Spd and Iote's shield were surprising enough, but Heavy blade really shocked me. It's only a matter of time before some impressive builds emerge that can utilize it.

The description says that only one skill will be applied with similar effects so Heavy blade and Blazing Durandal obviously won't stack, but will Heavy blade stack with Bold Fighter or Vengeful Fighter?

What about Heavy blade with Ayra's sword/Mia's A-skill?

The effect isn't that they "don't stack". It's that they combine by "pick the maximum of the two" instead of "add the two". Since the only effects so far are all +1, the maximum will always be +1, meaning you simply combine the requirements when you have multiple skills.

• Heavy Blade + Flashing Blade means you get +1 if your Atk is greater than your opponent's or your Spd is greater than your opponents (but still just +1 and not +2 if both) on your own attacks.
  • Heavy Blade + Bold Fighter means you get +1 on your own attacks if you initiate combat (regardless of stats) and +1 on your own attacks if your opponent initiates combat and your Atk is greater than your opponent's.
  • Heavy Blade + Vengeful Fighter means you get +1 on your own attacks if your opponent initiates combat (regardless of stats) and +1 on your own attacks if you initiate combat and your Atk is greater than your opponent's.

Note that Guard's -1 effect is applied after capping your own effects at +1.

28 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

You’ve got to be kidding me.

Screenshot_20171227-183748.png

Shoo, Easter box map, begone.
Or at least don’t stuff the box with green mages.

Marth at Ninan's place, Ninian at Minerva's place. Marth breaks the wall, gets danced and deletes Soren. Cue murder in the box...well assuming the enemy stats are still bearable and her Res can withstand Nino/Cecilia teamup.

But yeah I hate that map.

Also, I think I found a better combination for my TT team. It'll now be Nowi & Ninian supporting each other, and then Frederick and Leo supporting each other (since Brave Lyn was maxed last TT). It actually works out pretty well so I have every colour in the weapon triangle, and both Nowi and Leo have Triangle Adept 2, so any greens are handled by Rawrblade Leo. Blues get deleted if they are within Frederick's Brave Axe range (and if Leo is 50% health or under, that means Frederick can happily teleport and delete blues).

Also everyone (except Ninian of course) has Reposition, and it's been fun abusing the skill. Cavalry Reposition OP.

Also yeah, thank goodness for cav extra move, it makes deleting Robin easier since I can strike him before he can attack.

Edited by mcsilas

14 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Cue murder in the box...

I did it before I had a chance to see your response. I did stupid and lost Minerva and Ninian, so my horses had to overtake. Horses leave no survivors.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

I did it before I had a chance to see your response. I did stupid and lost Minerva and Ninian, so my horses had to overtake. Horses leave no survivors.

Was one of those horses Cecilia? :P

Speaking of maps I had trouble with, the first Bridal Paralogue one with the parallel trees and breakable walls annoyed me if I was matched with the wrong units since you had to bait the enemy. Unfortunately, I had to bait Katarina who was next to Deirdre, and a Tailtiu on the right side (I forget the one of the left side, it was a melee unit but baiting on the left meant Katarina could reach whoever I send to the left). Because they were all mages, the danger areas overlapped so I couldn't just send in Reinhardt to defeat Katarina because Deirdre was there- and baiting Deirdre meant a Spd Ploy to the face.

I managed to make it work out by sending Elise to bait Katarina, who had the lowest might. Thank goodness for the weaker Owl tomes..it was still scary with her Swift Sparrow and the fact my Elise was -Res, but fortunately her +Spd and cav buffs meant she wasn't doubled.

Yup, I really hate the Easter unit box. Sometimes, when I get it in the Training Tower on Floor 10, I actually back out as I'd rather waste the stamina than deal with it (depending on the units I'm training and the units in the box).

I did the mistake where I chose Lunatic 7 for my Lunatic 5 team again. I couldn't be bothered to even try this time (even though I knew I could just replace for my Lunatic 7 team when the first team died). It felt like too much of a drag. I was happier to waste the 20 stamina by backing out. Running through Lunatic 7 twice a day already feels long enough.

Lunatic 5 still goes quickly, though. The Christmas Robin and Santa Chrom demolish stuff, with Siegbert and Niles providing adequate back up :)

6 hours ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

SB gives that anyways though.  It gives +1 charge per action, which includes both dealt and received.  The only benefit to running HB with SB is that you can get extra charges on player phase as well.

Huh, I was under the impression that it just gave an additional charge on enemy attack. All I ever noticed was that Aether was charged by Ike's second attack if he had QR and got doubled. Mine is -spd so he pretty much always gets doubled. That's nice for QR when he doesn't get doubled.

Edited by bottlegnomes

Hmm, only the seals interest me. I’ll probably just stop once I get to 40,000. I really didn’t train any of the Christmas units so I’ll just go with the strategy of “Put Christmas Robin by himself on a team and surrender in the first map” and clean up with my previous TT team on Hard 5. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

Hmm, only the seals interest me. I’ll probably just stop once I get to 40,000. I really didn’t train any of the Christmas units so I’ll just go with the strategy of “Put Christmas Robin by himself on a team and surrender in the first map” and clean up with my previous TT team on Hard 5. 

Why not just power-level in the training tower for like 20 minutes? You can usually get characters to level 30 or so with a healer and two dances pretty easily.

I realized I could run a team of three bonus units + dancer, so I've been doing that. Totally trivializes lunatic 5 and even makes lunatic 7 easy sometimes. lol So my team has been Freddy, Christmas Robin, Lucina, and Azura.

And holy shit my Frederick is ridiculous. XD He's 40+4 at 5 star and with summoner support, so he has 51 atk and 50 def before buffs, and Azura buffs that attack to 55. Almost no physical weapon does damage to him! Even swords and horseslaying weapons do zero sometimes!

28 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Why not just power-level in the training tower for like 20 minutes? You can usually get characters to level 30 or so with a healer and two dances pretty easily.

Unmotivated at the moment. The whole TT bores me and the MM prize is not worth the effort. I’d rather have someone like Vaike with a Guard Axe as the reward. Why a repeat, IS? 

However... I’ve been using the Camilla map to level up C!Tharja a bit. C!Chrom already has DC inherited but he’ll need to level up a lot to actually learn it and I’m nearly out of Great Blue Badges to promote either Berkut or Catria to 5* to give their weapons to him. I used most of them to get that Distant Defense seal to 3. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

Invested the first TT feathers, some refining stones and some skill fodder for a partner for Frederick: 

Spoiler

swjbB3Vl.jpg

@Anacybele on a related note: 4*+6 +ATK Freddy arrived to S Summoner support, that's 53 ATK and 42 DEF (TT boost inclusive). ATK Seal gives him another boost to 55 ATK, he doesn't even need Hone Cav. Definitely worth the investment. 

Spoiler

ip9cGG4.jpg

aVkd5J8.jpg

Plus random healer (first Elise, Priscilla, currently BB!Lyn, then Genny).