Tempest Trials: A Gift of Peace!

Vaximillian

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Frederick, probably. I’ve got some spare Ravens and Hawkeyes, all 4★ though.

Nowi needs much inheritance, probably. And I need a team around her.

There is currently nothing else to do/invest anyway, just blow out your 100k feathers ;-) 

What would you give your Nowi? My only one is 4* +RES/-HP vanilla and after all those Freddy-expenses I'm out of feathers for her. 

• Replies 633
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Seasonal or not, the genealogy characters had similar availability at the time of the tempest. As for the armor aspect, I can see that, but I'm glad to finally have an armor team that isn't Black Knight plus some four stars, so I'm personally fine with it. Also, Tobin was next in line but is also cited as one of the worst units in the game, do you really want him again?

Hector-killing bot? Beter than Falchion-bot #2.

If you're going to continue to trumpet the 'Genealogy was just as bad' thing, I'll say this: we know. We're angrier at this because a) it's the second f@&$ing time, and b) the reward is less appreciable. Serenes as a community was also in preference to Sigurd's crew as new units at the time than we are to Seasonal Ylisse #417. And we also had Ayra to yell at.

I expected this yet I'm still disappointed, I hope for good seals at least.  I have a feeling we're getting some armour friendly seals.

If we don't even get that, then...merry christmas.

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

There is currently nothing else to do/invest anyway, just blow out your 100k feathers ;-) 

What would you give your Nowi? My only one is 4* +RES/-HP vanilla and after all those Freddy-expenses I'm out of feathers for her. 

Of course, I always have a 100k feathers for someone I’m indifferent to.

I don’t want to give my Nowi anything because I don’t want to use her :( QR? Some special? I need a team around her, this is the issue.

23 minutes ago, Tolvir said:

You know what is killing me the most with this so far?

A ton of other gachas so special Christmas events. For example, FGO ran a special event of 7 days and at the end you get a free special unit. There were several other items you could get, an item shop, etc. 

But what did Fire Emblem Heroes do? They re ran a bunch of old content and added a few new seasonal units in. Not a one of them were available for free in any way, not a single special event going on, no special quests, items, or even just maps. The Tempest Trial only has a special map to it, the boss isn’t even seasonal themed, and the new “unit” is just an old re run TT reward. 

FEH is the only game I have seen that has done absolutely nothing for December. And the likelyhood they don’t even bother doing anything on the 25th is high, unlike every other gacha out there. 

Talk about a complete failure on their part.

This is my impression too. Other games are throwing out gifts left and right. Granblue Fantasy is giving at least 10 free pulls per day (up to 100!) for 2 weeks and FEH gives us endless repeats of old content (besides Camus and Xander reruns, lol). I wanted to think that they just spent a lot of creative energy on the v. 2.0 stuff but this is .....rather underwhelming for the holiday season.

Edited by NekoKnight

5 hours ago, Humanoid said:

So what you're saying is that on January the 6th, IS will arrive and give us Myrrh, right? Right?

Please don't do this to me. I may actually kill you.

As for the TT reveal, I'm angry that all four 40% units are WE units (and this is from someone with W!Robin), but I'm actually happy with M!Marth. I'd much rather a new FEA character (WHERE ARE YOU, MORGAN), but at least F2Players can experience having a high-merged unit for once.

Welp, that seems to answer the "new hero" question. I got a Santa Chrom earlier, and just happened to pull 4* Nowi off the TT banner. Somehow the very first Nowi I've gotten. 5*ed her, gave her TA3, just waiting on a good B skill to turn up in my fodder bin.

I don't know why I'm doing this to myself, but somehow I'm holding out hope that they have a Christmas surprise along the lines of including more than one hero in the rewards, whether that be the seasonal heroes or just other TT heroes.

44 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

Seasonal or not, the genealogy characters had similar availability at the time of the tempest. As for the armor aspect, I can see that, but I'm glad to finally have an armor team that isn't Black Knight plus some four stars, so I'm personally fine with it. Also, Tobin was next in line but is also cited as one of the worst units in the game, do you really want him again?

It would have been a nice bit of confirmation that we are getting old Tempast Trial units re run rather than wanna be marth for the second time.

16 minutes ago, DefyingFates said:

Please don't do this to me. I may actually kill you.

As for the TT reveal, I'm angry that all four 40% units are WE units (and this is from someone with W!Robin), but I'm actually happy with M!Marth. I'd much rather a new FEA character (WHERE ARE YOU, MORGAN), but at least F2Players can experience having a high-merged unit for once.

It's not that hard to have a highly merged unit, all it takes is a lot of feathers and even more favoritism, and no one like likes masked marth enough to deal with building a unit from scratch  just for a +5 version, and any FtPers who actually even got them all probably have had the resources to make a +10 nino and gwendolyn by now.

*wanders in, notices the downpour of salt*
Huh, that's interesting I guess.
*goes crawling back into his hole, probably to play more Odyssey*

Can't say I'm disappointed or surprised by this turn of events since I saw them coming given what the datamine revealed and that there wasn't a fifth ? added to the Catalog of Heroes after the Winter's Envoy update dropped. I suppose the fact that I do have one of the Winter's Envoy heroes might be contributing to my indifference, but eh. They did this stunt with the 40% bonus heroes before with Genealogy of Light, so them doing it again really shouldn't have blindsided anyone. That's just my take though.

37 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I don’t want to give my Nowi anything because I don’t want to use her :( QR? Some special? I need a team around her, this is the issue.

Boosted TT stats + 5* promotion + Fury/TA + QR + Damage Special + refined weapon + Healer. She won't need much of a team.

Just cover green enemies and physical damage, she could go alone with Masked "Healer" Marth. Freddy and anyone to farm HM could come along. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

Boosted TT stats + 5* promotion + Fury/TA + QR + Damage Special + refined weapon + Healer. She won't need much of a team.

Like I have feathers for any of that. Or mats for refining her weapon.

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Like I have feathers for any of that. Or mats for refining her weapon.

Second week promotion then, I'm also at -5,000 feathers (actually +5,000, but i need 10k for Freddies merges). She'll have to wait. 

Just now, mampfoid said:

Second week promotion then, I'm also at -5,000 feathers (actually +5,000, but i need 10k for Freddies merges). She'll have to wait. 

I am not going to promote her to only use her for just one week.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I am not going to promote her to only use her for just one week.

I gave -SPD Tailtiu a promotion just for the last weekend of her TTs. If maxed HM, I rarely use those units anyway. It's possible to max HM in one week of TTs. 

.....So it's a two week TT with the winter units as the 40%?

SURE IS THAT'S LOVELY! UNITS THAT WON'T BE AVAILABLE FOR HALF OF THE TT AS THE ONLY 40% UNITS, AS WELL AS MANY PLAYERS BEING SHAFTED BY THE FACT IT'S UNITS FROM A LIMITED BANNER IN THE FIRST PLACE. AND THEN THERE'S JUST BEGIN HONEST AND SCREWING TOBIN OUT OF A MERGE! Okay I can't take that too seriously. BUT STILL RIGHT? IT'S A TWO WEEK TT AS WELL, MEANING THAT IT'S GOING TO BE A LONG GRIND THAT'S JUST NOT FUN!

(Cries in 5* Lachesis)

It feels like I wandered into a reddit post here.

But honestly? I feel it. I have 2 seasonal units but even so, this Tempest Trial is not really that exciting. I hope the seals are good or reruns of the old ones I missed otherwise I won't say no orbs.

Also maybe this will be the first Tempest Trial that finally gets rid of Crystals as rewards? Unlikely but hey.

I hope there is one secret new unit somewhere in there but I'm not keeping my hopes high. Looking forward to my +5 Mask Lucina tho!

I'm not at all impressed. They could have - should have - made it a mini-TT. No 2-week TT has ever given out old unit rewards, but here we are.

Masked Marth again - who was also the reward for the previous mini-TT.

This is just lazy on their part.

A new banner and 3 paralogue chapters is kind of the norm. Do we not get some sort of actual christmas event like other certain popular gachas are already well on their way into? It's actually pretty disappointing.

22 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

How ironic. We were singing the game's praises about how it 'didn't pull the stunts other gachas did'.

Uh sorry but, we were? I thought that stopped being a thing after the botched handling of Ayra. I suppose they hadn’t tried something like that again until now but that first stunt certainly killed off a lot of the good will us players had towards FEH up to that point.

1 hour ago, NekoKnight said:

This is my impression too. Other games are throwing out gifts left and right. Granblue Fantasy is giving at least 10 free pulls per day (up to 100!) for 2 weeks and FEH gives us endless repeats of old content (besides Camus and Xander reruns, lol). I wanted to think that they just spent a lot of creative energy on the v. 2.0 stuff but this is .....rather underwhelming for the holiday season.

I think they might throw something at us on christmas! Would be pretty stingy if not.

The TT imo is most underwhelming. When Masked Lucina was first mentioned I immediately thought about a TT mini - and now there is gonna be another chorse on my hand. But hey I have got three bonus units :D::D::D: - only they are 20% :(::(::(:.

Another annoying thing for me is the fact that they havent increased the hero merit cap. My best units are maxed out already and grinding HM during TT makes the whole thing less frustrating and boring imo. 

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Uh sorry but, we were? I thought that stopped being a thing after the botched handling of Ayra. I suppose they hadn’t tried something like that again until now but that first stunt certainly killed off a lot of the good will us players had towards FEH up to that point.

You must've missed the part where I said the game dropped to 'just another gacha' levels before this moment. The important part of my claim was the 'this praise, at one point, existed'.

22 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

How ironic. We were singing the game's praises about how it 'didn't pull the stunts other gachas did'.

It took a breather in the 'now its just another gacha' zone before diving down to 'other gachas do it better'.

To be fair, the game is still a lot better in other ways. The game system is a lot better as a whole and there have been many QoL changes for the better.
Still, gaccha games thrive on NEW content and people are starting to feel fatigue from all these reruns.