My Conquest Tier List According To Character Sorters.

PurpleEchoes

I did a fates character sorter and picked my units based on who I thought was the best in terms of unit wise and the results seem fairly interesting.

Spoiler

1. Corrin
2. Azura
3. Camilla
4. Xander
5. Jakob
6. Niles
7. Leo
8. Silas
9. Kaze
10. Felicia
11. Effie
12. Elise
13. Beruka
14. Keaton
15. Severa
16. Gunter
17. Charlotte
18. Owain
19. Shura
20. Arthur
21. Mozu
22. Izana
23. Peri
24. Flora
25. Benny
26. Inigo
27. Nyx

The top 10 seems fairly standard, Felicia > Elise because good PU bonuses and first servant snowballing. Beruka, Keaton and Sev are at a good position, not quite as good as the units above them but are still all standout from the rest of the cast. Gunter is an amazing utility unit as a WL, and Charlotte is the best PU bot in the game. Owain (Odin) is a good nostank for the earlygame and when you get his kid/leo he can transition into samurai to help them get into doubling ranges and lets Ophy ORKO a lot more at base. Shura has bow and staff utility, arthur is also a good PU bot but nowhere near Charlotte since he cant support Xander/Jakob/Leo/Kaze/Silas. Mozu is low because she really cant get  to the first 2 seals and will be underleveled by the time 13 comes around. Peri has very low bases, only 4 stats over Silas despite coming in much later. Benny and Inigo dont do anything that anyone else cant. Inigo is outclassed as a merc by Selena, as a footlock combat unit by Keaton, and just as a PU bot by Selena, Keaton, Charlotte, Arthur. Nyx is just horrible.

Also heres the kids who I wont explain as much because its fairly standardsauce.

Spoiler

1. Percy
2. Ophelia
3. Nina
4. Shigure
5. Sophie
6. Velouria
7. Kana
8. Forrest
9. Midori
10. Dwyer
11. Soleil
12. Siegbert
13. Ignatius

Edited by Hoenn

So there are some(many) things I vhemenently agree on in this because tier list and those are generaly opinionated as fuck or are based on completely arbitrary things. That said your opinions are your opinions and that's chill.

Just...

Ophelia needs help ohkoing things? Ever?

Ophy likes a little bit of speed early on if you want to give the Horse Spirit to Leo which I think is the best so you can have two magic tanks (Leo Horse Spirit tanking Ophy Vantage Nos).

I couldve ranked the later joining staffbots higher, but I just prefer to capture max staff ranked units with Niles (Especially Shurikenbreaker Onmyojis)

6 hours ago, Hoenn said:

Ophy likes a little bit of speed early on if you want to give the Horse Spirit to Leo which I think is the best so you can have two magic tanks (Leo Horse Spirit tanking Ophy Vantage Nos).

I gennerally find that meal+tonic+footwork/dance gives enough speed without saccing offensive stats on pairup (Ophy has never failed to hit 32 boosted speed by ch17 for me tbh but she also gets +2-3 from her mom and +1 from gate)

Edited by joshcja

13 hours ago, Agro said:

Nyx is a great PU bot as an Outlaw for units like Leo and Odin (though I don't think this puts her any higher)

Thats a good point, but she still requires double the investment of other PU bots. 4K for a heart seal and master seal vs 2k for a Master Seal.

22 hours ago, Hoenn said:

I couldve ranked the later joining staffbots higher, but I just prefer to capture max staff ranked units with Niles (Especially Shurikenbreaker Onmyojis)

I think Izana and Flora could stand to be higher, to be frank - largely because they're not dependent on fielding a specific unit to have usable like captured units are (if Niles doesn't pan out, you're SOL).

Decided to do my own tier list with the tumblr sorter. Here are my results:

Spoiler

Camilla

Xander

Corrin

Azura

Niles

Odin

Silas

Elise

Leo

Jakob

Felicia

Flora (I think I rated her too highly)

Arthur

Beruka

Izana

Peri

Shura

Selena

Laslow

Kaze

Gunter

Nyx

Effie

Mozu

Benny

Keaton

Charlotte

I think I accidentally put Mozu a bit high and Effie a rank or 2 low but overall pretty good I think. I didn't do kids because it made it too complicated. Separate kids list:

Spoiler

Ophelia

Percy

Sophie

Nina

Soleil

Dwyer

Velouria

Forrest

Siegbert

Kana

Midori

Shigure

Ignatius

Edited by YouSquiddinMe

On 12/21/2017 at 8:03 PM, YouSquiddinMe said:

Two things:

1. Why is Effie so low? She has some downsides to be sure, but the huge atk/def combo definitely has a place (she can grab OHKOs, provides some mean dual strikes, and is nearly invulnerable against all-physical enemy groups, which in a few cases includes entire maps like 17). Most tier lists I've seen have her far higher, generally closer to where the OP has her, so I'm curious why you think the majority gets this so wrong.

2. Could you provide a link to this sorter? I've used tumblr sorters before but haven't seen this specific one.

10 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Two things:

1. Why is Effie so low? She has some downsides to be sure, but the huge atk/def combo definitely has a place (she can grab OHKOs, provides some mean dual strikes, and is nearly invulnerable against all-physical enemy groups, which in a few cases includes entire maps like 17). Most tier lists I've seen have her far higher, generally closer to where the OP has her, so I'm curious why you think the majority gets this so wrong.

2. Could you provide a link to this sorter? I've used tumblr sorters before but haven't seen this specific one.

1. I said she was a little lower than I wanted to put her. I do think she's worthwhile to use but I don't think she's mid-tier either, 4 move is still bad regardless of how good you are at tanking and tanking isn't really easy when every other enemy debuffs your defense into the dirt

2. http://fesorter.tumblr.com/

On 12/21/2017 at 10:03 PM, YouSquiddinMe said:

Reveal hidden contents

Camilla

Xander

Corrin

Azura

Niles

Odin

Silas

Elise

Leo

Jakob

Felicia

Flora (I think I rated her too highly)

Arthur

Beruka

Izana

Peri

Shura

Selena

Laslow

Kaze

Gunter

Nyx

Effie

Mozu

Benny

Keaton

Charlotte

I think I accidentally put Mozu a bit high and Effie a rank or 2 low but overall pretty good I think. I didn't do kids because it made it too complicated. Separate kids list:

Reveal hidden contents

Ophelia

Percy

Sophie

Nina

Soleil

Dwyer

Velouria

Forrest

Siegbert

Kana

Midori

Shigure

Ignatius

Why in the seven hells is Arthur so high??? Because I honestly think that's much too high for someone who's so damn unreliable... especially with playing Fates being the FE equivalent to a Mythbusters experiment - aka, something WILL go wrong sooner or later.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

LMC: I feel like you've made the same post at least 20 times before, including directed at this very poster. I'm not sure why you expect the discussion will be different this time. I'll give you the short answer anyway: Bronze Axe! Pair Up! Percy!

1 hour ago, YouSquiddinMe said:

1. I said she was a little lower than I wanted to put her. I do think she's worthwhile to use but I don't think she's mid-tier either, 4 move is still bad regardless of how good you are at tanking and tanking isn't really easy when every other enemy debuffs your defense into the dirt

Debuffs are subtractive and don't stack (outside Inevitable End which exists only in two chapters IIRC, and only on Lunatic), so it's entirely possible for a defence-oriented unit to continue tanking after a debuff, especially if you get their def very high using stacking mechanisms. It's also possible for them to avoid debuffs in the first place if their defence is high enough to keep enemies from attacking them (and there are no Enfeeble staves). Obviously the latter isn't conducive to countering enemies to death, but it has its place.

2 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Why in the seven hells is Arthur so high??? Because I honestly think that's much too high for someone who's so damn unreliable... especially with playing Fates being the FE equivalent to a Mythbusters experiment - aka, something WILL go wrong sooner or later.

Shoo shoo.

1 hour ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

LMC: I feel like you've made the same post at least 20 times before, including directed at this very poster. I'm not sure why you expect the discussion will be different this time. I'll give you the short answer anyway: Bronze Axe! Pair Up! Percy!

Debuffs are subtractive and don't stack (outside Inevitable End which exists only in two chapters IIRC, and only on Lunatic), so it's entirely possible for a defence-oriented unit to continue tanking after a debuff, especially if you get their def very high using stacking mechanisms. It's also possible for them to avoid debuffs in the first place if their defence is high enough to keep enemies from attacking them (and there are no Enfeeble staves). Obviously the latter isn't conducive to countering enemies to death, but it has its place.

Yeah, fair enough. I don't think Effie's really all that bad. Just not as stellar as a lot of people make her out to be.

1 hour ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Well, unlike CERTAIN PEOPLE, I'm not so naïve, idealistic, or optimistic as to think that the existence of solutions doesn't make it unacceptable - if anything, you're the one who's sorely mistaken for thinking it was going to be any different. Pair up is only good for 5 Cev, which gets negated by Arthur's personal, and Percy in particular is only going to exist if I'm feeling generous, which, needless to say, won't always happen, especially if I have Corrin marry a first gen female that isn't Flora or Anna.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/27/2017 at 9:43 AM, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Arthur is useful as an earlygame cleaner unit, a bronze axe fixes all accuracy issues he has early on, the hand axe is good for chipping, and his PU bonuses are just great. He's pretty much a free unit to use unless you manage to find room for Mozu to get the first seal, and you can very easily raise him to level 10 before you turn him into a pair up bot in/after chapter 10. I also take into account child units/paralogues if they are actually noteworthy and Arthur has the best kid, and gives you a lot of gold. As for his use as a pair up bot, he's Charlotte, but for girls without giving as much speed (2 less than charlotte). He's so far away from Charlotte because her boosts are just better, the units that really need them are all in the top 10, and she comes with no required training. He also gets the option to go Cavalier and rock the shelterdancing strats, and while I don't like this as I believe he serves better as a PU bot, it still counts towards him as a point above some of the units below him.

Edited by Hoenn

2 hours ago, Hoenn said:

Arthur is useful as an earlygame cleaner unit, a bronze axe fixes all accuracy issues he has early on, the hand axe is good for chipping, and his PU bonuses are just great. He's pretty much a free unit to use unless you manage to find room for Mozu to get the first seal, and you can very easily raise him to level 10 before you turn him into a pair up bot in/after chapter 10. I also take into account child units/paralogues if they are actually noteworthy and Arthur has the best kid, and gives you a lot of gold. As for his use as a pair up bot, he's Charlotte, but for girls without giving as much speed (2 less than charlotte). He's so far away from Charlotte because her boosts are just better, the units that really need them are all in the top 10, and she comes with no required training. He also gets the option to go Cavalier and rock the shelterdancing strats, and while I don't like this as I believe he serves better as a PU bot, it still counts towards him as a point above some of the units below him

I wasn't questioning your placement of him, actually. I had the other one in mind since it has Arthur in the top half of the Conquest cast while Charlotte is languishing all the way at the bottom. That being said, I consider Arthur's presence so much of a hindrance that I drop him once I get Anna, which is really blooming early. As for Percy, it's unfortunate, but as my last post hinted at, I'm not above sacrificing the opportunity to recruit a kid, and Arthur's only getting the chance to marry if I'm feeling generous...

This is my character list, based purely on personal preference.

Order Name
1 Hana
2 Elise
3 Velouria
3 Ophelia
5 Nyx
6 Kaze
7 Midori
8 Mozu
9 Kana
10 Sakura
11 Beruka
12 Keaton
13 Benny
14 Saizo
15 Kaden
16 Ignatius
17 Sophie
18 Severa
19 Felicia
20 Selkie
21 Mitama
22 Hisame
23 Corrin
24 Orochi
25 Nina
26 Owain
27 Rinkah
28 Subaki
29 Hinata
30 Inigo
31 Azama
32 Shiro
33 Caeldori
34 Rhajat
35 Asugi
36 Silas
37 Kagero
38 Shura
39 Shigure
40 Gunter
41 Niles
42 Effie
43 Flora
44 Jakob
44 Setsuna
44 Oboro
44 Dwyer
44 Percy
49 Reina
50 Peri
51 Scarlet
52 Izana
52 Mikoto
54 Fuga
55 Arthur
55 Charlotte
57 Yukimura
57 Garon
59 Siegbert
59 Forrest
61 Soleil
62 Xander
62 Camilla
62 Leo
62 Kiragi
66 Azura
66 Ryoma
66 Hinoka
66 Takumi
66 Hayato

• 5 weeks later...
On 12/18/2017 at 1:58 PM, Hoenn said:

I did a fates character sorter and picked my units based on who I thought was the best in terms of unit wise and the results seem fairly interesting.

Hide contents

1. Corrin
2. Azura
3. Camilla
4. Xander
5. Jakob
6. Niles
7. Leo
8. Silas
9. Kaze
10. Felicia
11. Effie
12. Elise
13. Beruka
14. Keaton
15. Severa
16. Gunter
17. Charlotte
18. Owain
19. Shura
20. Arthur
21. Mozu
22. Izana
23. Peri
24. Flora
25. Benny
26. Inigo
27. Nyx

The top 10 seems fairly standard, Felicia > Elise because good PU bonuses and first servant snowballing. Beruka, Keaton and Sev are at a good position, not quite as good as the units above them but are still all standout from the rest of the cast. Gunter is an amazing utility unit as a WL, and Charlotte is the best PU bot in the game. Owain (Odin) is a good nostank for the earlygame and when you get his kid/leo he can transition into samurai to help them get into doubling ranges and lets Ophy ORKO a lot more at base. Shura has bow and staff utility, arthur is also a good PU bot but nowhere near Charlotte since he cant support Xander/Jakob/Leo/Kaze/Silas. Mozu is low because she really cant get  to the first 2 seals and will be underleveled by the time 13 comes around. Peri has very low bases, only 4 stats over Silas despite coming in much later. Benny and Inigo dont do anything that anyone else cant. Inigo is outclassed as a merc by Selena, as a footlock combat unit by Keaton, and just as a PU bot by Selena, Keaton, Charlotte, Arthur. Nyx is just horrible.

Also heres the kids who I wont explain as much because its fairly standardsauce.

Reveal hidden contents

1. Percy
2. Ophelia
3. Nina
4. Shigure
5. Sophie
6. Velouria
7. Kana
8. Forrest
9. Midori
10. Dwyer
11. Soleil