help me choose eye colour

Junkhead

Making a character. Reaaaally have trouble deciding his eye-colour.

Red:

Kind of "demon"-like, I guess? You know, like nine-tailed Naruto.

Silver (or grey, whatever)

And what do these colours represent to you? Any particular meaning behind them?

Edited by Soul~!

1 hour ago, Dragoncat said:

I thought this was about the Pokemon characters.

What color is his hair? That'd help me decide. Or anything else about his appearance, anything at all.

I thought it would give off that impression, even if it's not my kind of thing.

His hair will be black. :awesome: I don't know much else about appearance, but anything else you have in mind is welcome.

7 hours ago, Dragoncat said:

There are too many characters with black hair and red eyes, I'd go with silver. Be unique, you know?

I don't disagree.

It's not just red, tho. Has a bit of a twist in the pupil.

how red? if it's a dark red, it'll be kind of subtle, may be, a bright red would be a bit much, a solid red..not sure.

I would have said red would be more, let's say, striking, but I have seen too many characters like so and they lost their effect in me.

As for silver, well, I'm actually not sure, I may see it as being leaning towards the 'calm', 'cool' type..?

As a quick suggestion, how would she look to you if her eyes were either red or silver? would she perhaps carry a different form of presence? Would it not matter compared to her character? hmm, i wonder~

All things are part of a whole, I would have a look at face and hair as well, and even consider looking at a few expressions, thinking of character's personality...of course, if it's a simple or random character none of these need be considered, go with red for easy points.

Edited by ___

On 27/12/2017 at 2:13 AM, ___ said:

how red? if it's a dark red, it'll be kind of subtle, may be, a bright red would be a bit much, a solid red..not sure.

I would have said red would be more, let's say, striking, but I have seen too many characters like so and they lost their effect in me.

As for silver, well, I'm actually not sure, I may see it as being leaning towards the 'calm', 'cool' type..?

As a quick suggestion, how would she look to you if her eyes were either red or silver? would she perhaps carry a different form of presence? Would it not matter compared to her character? hmm, i wonder~

All things are part of a whole, I would have a look at face and hair as well, and even consider looking at a few expressions, thinking of character's personality...of course, if it's a simple or random character none of these need be considered, go with red for easy points.

Silver/Gray woudn't be too much of a contrast from her usual blue. Wouldn't change much.

Red would look kind of awkward with her uniform, and maybe even with the kind of character she represents. She seems like water, and red is...well, rather fiery. Not to mention, something like this seems very contraddict for her.

wait are we talking about the same she this character is actually a dude

On 27/12/2017 at 2:20 AM, Phillius the Crestfallen said:

Personally speaking, I'd go with silver. If you're really struggling though, you could find a way to justify the eyes changing colours. Is the character being made for a fantasy setting or something similar?

I don't think it'll be fantasy. But then again, the series I'm into tend to have some toned-down form of it.

On 27/12/2017 at 11:33 PM, Zera said:

Since you didn't describe your character at all, I'm going to say purple is the correct color for his eyes.

t.t

On 28/12/2017 at 2:07 AM, ___ said:

or why even struggle? the answer, really, is simple: do one red, and the other silver!

I don't know if that's a good idea. t.t

Edited by Soul~!