Azura's Moveset

Jedi

4 minutes ago, Silent shifter said:

I like how Azura’s warriors special changes and the song changes with the costumes. Although it can be random during battle tho.

It is random when she's promoted at least, she'll use her Magical Girl powers to switch into her dark dress for her Conquest dance and vice versa (she changes back when the dance is over). She stays in her Diva outfit her her Birthright dance though.

And holy heck Azura's moveset is just as great as I imagined it would be, the developers did fine work.

Edited by Lightchao42

1 hour ago, Lightchao42 said:

It is random when she's promoted at least, she'll use her Magical Girl powers to switch into her dark dress for her Conquest dance and vice versa (she changes back when the dance is over). She stays in her Diva outfit her her Birthright dance though.

And holy heck Azura's moveset is just as great as I imagined it would be, the developers did fine work.

Her Dual Special is amazing too. Everything just goes nicely, although I'm amused that her Awakening attack is super toned down compared to the other 2 specials, usually its the reverse.

After waiting six hours for the game to update I finally get to use Azura and I must say I really like how she plays. Her water element moveset really fits her. She's the only DLC character I have been looking forward to besides Owain.

8 hours ago, Silent shifter said:

I like how Azura’s warriors special changes and the song changes with the costumes. Although it can be random during battle tho.

I don't know if her warriors special is supposed to be random but for me it always seems to alternate between her light and dark costume if used multiple times on the same mission.

Azura was worth the wait. Disappointed she doesn't have a support with Lucina though. Most of her supports are from Fates, which is a missed opportunity, in my opinion. Also really wish her promoted outfit had been something similar to Arete's with her promotion being Vallite Princess or something. Also a missed opportunity, though maybe they wanted to avoid spoilers? Certainly didn't handle it that way with Robin/Grima.

Edited by dmurr

I'm really loving her so far. I like all her strong attacks besides Strong IV where she sprays the water jet out of her lance. That one feels kind of awkward with the difference in range betwene the water and the follow-up spear swing. Her V and VI are both amazing though and super fun to use.

I was really expecting them to go the easy way out and just have her and Oboro be clones, so I'm very happy they're not, AND they're both great. Too bad about Niles.

They both look like pretty fun characters to use. I gotta pick up that season pass.

Btw, do they have system voices? I hope so 'cause that means Owain will have one, and who wouldn't want some hamminess with those battlefield reports? ;)

Edited by Baron the Shining Blade

Just now, Baron the Shining Blade said:

Btw, do they have system voices? I hope so 'cause that means Owain will have one, and who wouldn't want some hamminess with those battlefield reports? ;)

Yep! I already unlock Azura and Oboro's. Haven't tried them yet, but they're there.

Gonna be funny to see how Olivia and Tharja's are when they come out.

13 hours ago, dmurr said:

Azura was worth the wait. Disappointed she doesn't have a support with Lucina though. Most of her supports are from Fates, which is a missed opportunity, in my opinion. Also really wish her promoted outfit had been something similar to Arete's with her promotion being Vallite Princess or something. Also a missed opportunity, though maybe they wanted to avoid spoilers? Certainly didn't handle it that way with Robin/Grima.

That seems to be one of the biggest problems with the pack. They generally keep to Fates (granted it's about half of the cast but still). At least SD doesn't have much choice but to branch out though Awakening may fall back into this issue.

12 hours ago, The DanMan said:

The way her singing cuts out during her normal musou is definitely a bit awkward.

Agreed, but it's nonetheless a nice touch.

Am I the only one who prefers the Conquest song? It's got a nice kick and actually seems a bit different from the tired tune.

Awakening supports won't be too bad since there's a surprising amount of division. Chrom never had support with Tharja and it's easy to even miss his support with Olivia. Likewise neither of them get to support with Lissa, Cordelia (I think?) Owain or Lucina, ever. Owain can get a non-generic support with fred, a support with uncle chrom, cordelia, olivia  & tharja so thats nice.

Only thing I'm bummed about is Azura doesn't get a support with Camila (Last I checked anyway). She's the one royal in fates she just doesn't get to talk with, discounting the japanese-only festival dlc. I mean I don't especially care for Camilla, but it would have been nice