Has anyone made a gallery of armor breaks yet?

IEatLasers

Frederick is so sexy! :D I'd have made him a biiit more muscular-looking, but I didn't expect that to happen anyway given the way the other male models looked. So I'm content with this! Besides, it looks like he's actually slightly beefier than Chrom anyway. lol At least in the arms.

Shirtless Freddy! <3

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Frederick is so sexy! :D I'd have made him a biiit more muscular-looking, but I didn't expect that to happen anyway given the way the other male models looked. So I'm content with this! Besides, it looks like he's actually slightly beefier than Chrom anyway. lol At least in the arms.

Shirtless Freddy! <3

Yeah I was super happy when I saw shirtless Frederick! It's one of the best things about all the DLC <3. Since this is early Awakening Fred, he'll sure get beefier later :p

I wish the broken armor models were equipable as costumes

1 minute ago, charmedx3 said:

Yeah I was super happy when I saw shirtless Frederick! It's one of the best things about all the DLC <3. Since this is early Awakening Fred, he'll sure get beefier later :p

Yeah, but he already trains and exercises like crazy, I'd think he'd already be pretty buff. XD but yes, best thing about this DLC! If only there was more than just this and his weapon that I'd be interested in for this pack...

That'd be nice, yeah. lol

On 3/30/2018 at 10:51 AM, charmedx3 said:

I honestly don’t know why they aren’t. They’re clearly registered as costumes in the unit viewer and they have all the animations and rending of them already done so I really don’t get why they didn’t go with that. Unless they thought we’d get confused playing/switching to them and thinking their stats were reduced and thus squishier when in fact they were just wearing the broken skin.

Wait...if you have two units paired up, both their armors have broken and you do a dual warrior special does it still show them in their skivvies for the special animation?

If so, I have a new video capture objective to work on.

EDIT: Yes, it does indeed work. I am giddy with happiness.

Edited by Liliesgrace

6 hours ago, Liliesgrace said:

I honestly don’t know why they aren’t. They’re clearly registered as costumes in the unit viewer and they have all the animations and rending of them already done so I really don’t get why they didn’t go with that. Unless they thought we’d get confused playing/switching to them and thinking their stats were reduced and thus squishier when in fact they were just wearing the broken skin.

Wait...if you have two units paired up, both their armors have broken and you do a dual warrior special does it still show them in their skivvies for the special animation?

If so, I have a new video capture objective to work on.

EDIT: Yes, it does indeed work. I am giddy with happiness.

Yeah I honestly thought they'd just go ahead and add them as costumes in the final update.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I don't get why they're not choosable costumes either. Man, I'd totally switch to sexy hot shirtless Freddy every now and then!

I’d be completely cruel and force Chrom and Robin to fight shirtless in every battle. Except the boss fights on history mode maps. Those demand some proper respect and decorum.

1 hour ago, Liliesgrace said:

I’d be completely cruel and force Chrom and Robin to fight shirtless in every battle. Except the boss fights on history mode maps. Those demand some proper respect and decorum.

lol nice. XD

I'm going to do a detailed breakdown of the men again, albeit maybe with a less detail:

Chrom Lord: You look good physically, which I expected of course, no flab or lack of tone in FEW. The dark blues, grays, and black of the "smallclothes" in Ylissean parlance, are dull color-wise. And the design, while neat with the little bit of blue sash(?) is a little boring too. This said, is it just me or does he have a bulge the other men lack? Dang Chrom, I predicted you'd be a little above average, but this is amazing! You know, if you give me, I might forgive for all I've bashed you about the sacrifice. It also appears the seam runs right down the middle of his underwear, hope it doesn't tear wide open.

Chrom Exalt: Reminds me of the Nohrian brothers with its black on gold color scheme and similar patterns. Unlike the Nohrians though, Chrom adds a shirt, which works stylistically for him and puts extra emphasis on his signature Exalted Shoulders (copyrighted). Keeping the headpiece is an interesting move, but I don't love the headpiece. No socks works for me here. It appears the lord bulge is gone, were you lying to me Chrom? Why?

Robin: You look a bit better than I'd think for a magic user, but to be fair Leo looks better than he should too. The gold obviously aligns with Thoron and Thunder magic in general being your signature element. The purple speaks to your inner Grima nature, and the dark blue and black are suitable colors upon which to rest the gold and purple scheme. The pattern is a blend of curved lines with a little geometry on the lower rims, and the curvature with the complementary colors (or are they analogous?) making for a very distinct design. The choice to restrict Robin to shorts keeps it from being overused, because as is it is visually powerful and might be too much if repeated on the legs.

Frederick: Not a bad body, but your underwear is so boring! The pale ugly blue, the white, the black and the gray-tan, ugh! Here I was going to say that the buttoned underwear made Groom!Marth the worse half-naked dude, but Frederick is sadly generic ugly garbage.

Owain: OWIN! The yellow is so different from anything else, and is so works for him. Owain's bandaged arms, bold and eclectic color scheme as a whole on good patterns make him a one of a kind standout! And just what is with his top? It covers his shoulders and little else! When I saw the string that ties it in in the middle, I thought "Is he wearing a man-bra?". Nope he isn't, but it nonetheless creates an idea of a male midriff on him and I like that. 

So in final analysis barring a second DLC wave I would list the underwear men in roughly this order:

Archer Takumi

Owain

Ryoma

Robin

Lord Marth

Niles

Nohr Corrin

Navarre

Butler Takumi

Hoshido Corrin

Lord Chrom

Rowan

Xander

Leo

Groom Marth

Frederick

Though anyone above Groom Marth is good, GM and Fred sadly don't have good underwear. Leo and Xander are just so small and simple that they rank poorly against the rest, but the smallness is likable from a sexual perspective.

19 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Frederick: Not a bad body, but your underwear is so boring! The pale ugly blue, the white, the black and the gray-tan, ugh! Here I was going to say that the buttoned underwear made Groom!Marth the worse half-naked dude, but Frederick is sadly generic ugly garbage.

Dude, those colors came from his armor and suit. His armor is a pale light blue, his shirt is white, and his pants are black (maybe dark blue). His armor also has a little bit of gray-tan. You're free to think it looks ugly, but you're kinda saying his normal look is ugly too...

Personally, I think his boxer shorts look fine.

57 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Dude, those colors came from his armor and suit. His armor is a pale light blue, his shirt is white, and his pants are black (maybe dark blue). His armor also has a little bit of gray-tan. You're free to think it looks ugly, but you're kinda saying his normal look is ugly too...

Maybe I was being a little harsh, but what works for regular armor does not quite work the same for underwear, Frederick's regular battle attire is fine, why in this he is perhaps more likable to me in regular attire than Takumi in his overly stuffed clothes- as practical and realistic as they are perhaps, stylistically, they're a bit too ordinary. In the context of the undergarment design variety amongst the other guys, that is what Frederick's undergarments are being considered inferior to.

But why argue over something so lighthearted as fanservice on grown male bodies? Let's just enjoy it all!:lol:

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Maybe I was being a little harsh, but what works for regular armor does not quite work the same for underwear, Frederick's regular battle attire is fine, why in this he is perhaps more likable to me in regular attire than Takumi in his overly stuffed clothes- as practical and realistic as they are perhaps, stylistically, they're a bit too ordinary. In the context of the undergarment design variety amongst the other guys, that is what Frederick's undergarments are being considered inferior to.

But why argue over something so lighthearted as fanservice on grown male bodies? Let's just enjoy it all!:lol:

Okay, that's fair. Not saying you can't dislike it anyway. :P But true, why argue when we can just enjoy the grown male bodies? :D Freddy is still a hottie! <3

Although I'm a Robin lovin' man, I do have to admit that the winners in the underwear department for me in this game were Owain (something about the little vest he has accentuating his pecs shot him up the list to me), Chrom (he's just always sexy and its nice that this game made him justice) and surprisingly Navarre (whose pants make the whole look hotter than it needs to be.) Then its Robin because he's perfect ok.

Special participation prize to Frederick because he's handsome but he's not my type, but I can admit he has something going for him

Edited by Doof