Let's make world conquest easier for Zephiel - Let's play Ironman Fire Emblem 6, without skills!

Saint Rubenio

4pBxQbA.pngLance! The tactician! Where is th--

4pBxQbA.png...Lance? Lance!

1N5t7Qn.pngUrk...

4pBxQbA.pngWhat in the world happened to you? I need to get a healer...

eLoXVCR.pngI'm here!

4pBxQbA.pngLady Elen! Will he be fine?

eLoXVCR.pngThese wounds... dark magic.

4pBxQbA.pngWill he make it? Answer me!

eLoXVCR.png...yes, I'd say he will. Give me some time.

1N5t7Qn.pngThank you, Lady Elen.

eLoXVCR.pngI'm so sorry... if only I...

1N5t7Qn.pngYou needn't apologize. You've saved my life two times now. Even if you couldn't save my eye... you've done more than enough for me.

eLoXVCR.pngSir Lance...

4pBxQbA.pngWhile she took care of your injuries, I found your bandage. Here...

cmmpaBx.png...thank you, Sir Marcus.

4pBxQbA.pngCould you tell me what happened?

cmmpaBx.pngOf course...

5 minutes ago

ziXcOrf.pngHeheh... Rutger the Myrmidon... Clarine the Trobadour... Jerrot of the Ilian mercenaries... the elite of the Lycian army! They have no chance now... I just have to find a way to get rid of the Cleric...

cmmpaBx.pngSir.

leAvMaA.pngLance. How is your eye?

cmmpaBx.pngIt doesn't hurt so much anymore, thank you. But that is not why I wanted to talk to you.

w3Lymx5.pngWhat is it, then?

cmmpaBx.pngI've sent your letter.

VbavUq1.pngMy letter? What do you mean?

cmmpaBx.pngLady Elen gave me a letter. She wanted it sent to General Cecilia of Etruria. Its contents were... interesting, to say the least.

VbavUq1.png...so she sent it... even though I sounded the retreat, like she told me to... she still warned General Cecilia...

ysF0r7V.pngAccursed honorless wench! She did not keep her word! She said she wouldn't send it! I'm going to break her apart! She will regret crossing me!

cmmpaBx.pngThat is all I need to see. In the name of Pherae and Lycia, I shall--

ysF0r7V.pngOut of my way, worm! I've no time for games!

cmmpaBx.pngGUAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!

1N5t7Qn.pngGuh...

ysF0r7V.pngI must get out of here before the Etrurians arrive...

Back to the present...

4pBxQbA.pngBastard! I knew something was wrong with him from the very second I met him.

eLoXVCR.pngYou seemed quite happy to take him in...

4pBxQbA.pngOf course! I pretended to believe his lies! I felt his foul intent was obvious enough, but I wanted to get some proof to confronting him with...

4pBxQbA.pngI see now, I was foolish... please forgive me, Lance. Your eye... I am to blame.

cmmpaBx.pngNonsense. None of us could've known.

cmmpaBx.pngLet's just keep on moving. Nobody say a thing to Lord Roy. Not yet. He's under enough pressure as it is.

4pBxQbA.pngThat is a wise idea.

eLoXVCR.pngIndeed. Let's keep this a secret for now.

Part 10 - Idiocy.

On 7/1/2018 at 3:22 PM, Dayni said:

LET ME GUESS, BERN ARE OUR SAVIOURS.

WE'RE NOT WORTHY.

Maybe...

It seems Rutget wants to punch the enemy to death.

As opposed to Rutger, who's just screwed.

Heheh. I'm so smart.

The problem is that his opponent has the high ground in the form of a horse.

IT'S OVER, RUTGER! I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!

You underestimate my powah!

DON'T TRY IT!

Nnnnnneeehhhhhhhh!

4mrYvgo.png

I knew you'd care!

B-baka! I-I just care for my death count! I couldn't care less for Clarine! Hmph!

...that was cringey, I apologize.

Well, that's Fir gone, and possibly Karel gone too.

Ah, fuck, that's right! I forgot about Fir!

My literal reaction to that. I seriously didn't realize Noah's death rendered Fir unrecruitable.

Least you can just let her die on someone's lance now.

Oh wait.

Heh... heh... uh...

Well that makes Klein harder to get.

I usually recruit him with Roy, since using Clarine is like gambling, but the odds are always stacked against you. So, no harm done there.

Also Clarine's dead. You monster.

What, I kill Lugh and nobody bats an eye, but when I kill the annoying bitch everyone riots?

Then again, Lugh's death was so outrageous, I went as far as to turn it into a plot point for my fanfic, so I doubt it's a good example...

Mostly just observing the good edit.

Though I'm still lost as to which side that scar should be on.

Hey, I already worked my ass off to make the edit (not, but I am really happy with it), don't ask me to make it flip-friendly.

Also, 2 updates? Damm. So it appears that they might have gotten away....

But for this Sigune-looking woman.

Sigune? She looks nothing like Sigune, what are you talking about?

So I wonder what she's doing here. Is she a subordinate to one of the generals?

Perhaps...

*Audible groan.

Hah hah hah!

Mind. Gutter. Out.

It does sound rather uncouth, now that I think about it.

Jeez, there's now more corpses for Humphry than there was for Ruben. How does he explain that mess?

Well...

On 8/1/2018 at 9:26 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

By the way, it’s “too well”, not “to well”.

Dangit! Stupid typos!

On 9/1/2018 at 10:11 AM, DestructionDragon360 said:

Humphrey is definitely talking about the dragons. He's practically parroting Zephiel's rhetoric.

Well...

I'm eager to see where the Ruben and Sid Subplot will take us.

I am eager to continue it, too!

Treck! I have faith in you, don't prove it to be misplaced!

I don't want to spoil much, but believe me, it isn't misplaced at all.

Really though, in FE6, a few bad levels are only crippling if they prevent you from getting more levels in the future. And with Axes Axes and More Axes awaiting us post-Chp. 8x, getting Treck exp shouldn't be too difficult if you can keep him alive. Like I said earlier, when everyone sucks, no one sucks, so good levels for Treck are sure to come, and if not, everyone else's levels aren't liable to be much better.

Well, I'm convinced. It's not like I can do anything else. Lance, Jerrot and Noah are gone, it is far too late to train Allen, and I refuse to use Perceval. He's too good.

Also, to add to your arguments, there's also the fact that FE6's promotions are beastly, which compensates for the lower growths. Look no further than Treck himself: he gets +2 in every stat except for HP and Res, of which he gets +3. And that's a rather lackluster promotion for FE6's standards! Compare that to FE7, where you'd have to be fortunate to get just a point in every single stat.

Except Marcus. He's apparently determined to regain his FE7 Oifey status.

Yeah, I don't know what's up with him, but whatever it is, I like it.

1 minute ago, eclipse said:

Your favorite unit is Raigh?

Perfect.  He amuses me, too.  Please use him, no matter what!

Fun fact: throughout my many, many FE6 playthroughs, be it vanilla, randomized, or rebalance patches I tried every once in a while just for the sake of variety, I only benched Raigh once. It was my second playthrough of the game.

I then dropped the run altogether after getting stuck on Dayan's chapter. Yep.

Spoiler

2lcg76Q.pngkCDhFx7.png

Now, ain't that statement cute, considering Wendy is one of them.

2L5zUqY.png

Yeah, that stupidly placed throne did wonders for the castle's security.

VI5saAf.pngEMvjQZ7.png

Knowing me, it'll probably be in worse shape after we are done.

lIN2uVn.pngz6ByIKO.pngUAMehAX.pngm0UOUn5.pngvPhkkqL.pngIaPTyol.png8CvAiUZ.pngLTX9cjf.png

Here are today's trading shenanigans.

29ZfRlI.pngVoqQODm.png

Jerrot and Lance give up their weapons. They are never going to see the battlefield again, anyways.

uw5FUZp.png

Lastly, I hand the hero crest over to Lot. I'd like to get him to level 20, but if I ever need a strong unit in a pinch, he'll be prepared.

w9SGm1U.png

Nothing more to do in the prep menu. FE6's prep screen map is nice in that pressing B doesn't bring up the menu, so you can move the cursor around at max speed conveniently. However, it also doesn't have any menus at all, so the map screencaps need to be taken in the chapter itself, when I can temporarily disable the terrain window.

QZrWFld.png2HGO7iV.png

Today's chapter begins with the General of Elegance having one of his temper outbursts.

7myp3lU.png

Considering only one of them remained in fighting condition after the battle with De Beers...

0f4qTaH.png

We were 13 guys, two thirds of which couldn't fight for shit! Your forces outnumber us by a mile!

AkD3Khm.pngNhZkI76.png

I like how Legance fears Narcian's laughter more than he does death.

I also like the fact that the random generic didn't say a word before leaving. It feels like he's accustomed to Legance screaming at him.

t3q0Q7t.pngpeGEYw7.png

Ah, there he is again. Legance just forgot he was talking to him. Of course, makes sense.

tqdAz7v.pngRYfSkqq.png

Subtle. Funnily enough, the throne room is the least well guarded part of the map. What you see (a Knight and a couple Mages) is what you get.

Just goes to show Legance's vast competence.

r2JL5RV.pngIEUOykM.png

The entrance is also quite weakly guarded. Really, Legance just isn't a very good leader.

jiWWQNm.png4CIgWt3.png

What?! Why would you do that?!

nmwCGVI.png1C5ndo0.pngC1i234H.pngq1lIPZS.png

Then don't openly use her as a hostage! Keep her locked up, and pretend that she's fine with you taking over Ostia, being Hector's advisor and all! She's just a kid, I'm sure most would buy that! Killing her is perhaps the worst you could do!

nyt1Z4c.pngZO94j17.png30F3HJS.pngHrGsy5m.png

This plan fails in so many levels, it's quite astonishing.

om5r2Uo.png

See, even the generic knows that!

m7wU7Ns.png1j5ATXm.pngqyc9VwE.png

Cut to Roy talking to people as usual. This time, the guy with the saddest supports ever.

WfmzICG.pngVq8Ler2.pngHGZW679.png

Merlinus, is the nosiness really necessary?

JCA740U.png

Yes, that's what I was saying.

kfdFEox.pngpfCpp3D.png

Let me guess, "Lord Roy! Be careful! It's a trap!".

lrHg3Ni.png

...whoa. Guess being decapitated mellowed the guy.

QhzOWoe.pngfz7t1Tu.pngXSpEaoI.pnghVRv3Cq.png

Muttonhead is a funny insult. Haddock would be proud, blistering barnacles!

EuZiUbb.png

You couldn't have done much, mate. You're a Thief, they were dragons.

Pf8kRwg.pngxQGz6DW.png4bTTEre.png

Yeah, these she is. There's no hurry to save her, though. Her asassin is about as competent as Legance himself.

S6uRbXI.png

The heathen! Let us go.

5ZlPNH9.pngOoT4quE.png

Yeah! Except, since 8x is the first gaiden, they didn't want to go too hard on the player, so there isn't a time limit. Which is a good thing. Legance may be an awful leader, but...

J0iRZvp.pngcGRIE91.pngm1seoZk.png

He's an absurdly strong boss. He's not very skilled, but he's abnormally fast for a General, very strong, has 19-friggin'-defense, and even his res is great thanks to the throne's astronomical stat bonuses. And you know the worst part? He's NOTHING compared to 8x's boss.

As for the rest of the chapter, the beginning is extremely easy, and mostly just boring walking, which is a good thing because of what happens some turns into the chapter. The meat of the chapter is at the area around Lilina's cell and the central treasure room. Reinforcements spawn in the throne room, the stairs south to Lilina's cell and the room on the upper left corner. It's easy to get overwhelmed if you don't make proper use of the chokepoints. Other than that, though, this chapter is easier the last one.

Fp7J9wp.pngiA5TyHU.png

Our new units of the day are Astore and Lilina. Let's have a look at them.

- Astore is like a "prepromote" Thief in a game where Thieves cannot promote. His stats are pretty good, but his growths are much lower than Chad's. Overall, I prefer Astore, mostly because he can at least survive a hit every now and then.

- Lilina has the highest power growth in the game, not counting Karel, at 75%. You'd have to be extremely unlucky for her to never cap her magic. She's also quite lucky, and her speed growth, while not very good, isn't horrendous (it's the same as Lot's). However, what really kills her are her awful bases. Really, IntSys? Was it really necessary to make her suck this much? She can be fun to use, but... more so in normal mode.

13PvDXA.pnghyC6Wwi.png

I forgot to take a picture of the first turn, but it's irrelevant. We just moved forward.

6Ufvc7L.pngRmV9UH1.pnga2Zf9FK.png

We fight a little. Nothing out of the ordinary here.

IsScO7A.png

And thus, I present to you... the dishonorable reset counter!

In my last LP, I had a few busy days. When I tried to play, I was pretty tired, so I just jumped in and everyone died horribly. In order not to ruin the LP, I decided to just reset, since it wasn't really my fault (well, it was, I should've known better than to play like that, but eh). The only other time it was used was one time I pressed the save state key by mistake and lost a few turns.

I intended that to be a sort of insurance policy for crap that wouldn't benefit the LP in any way, big screw ups that weren't my fault, nor the game's fault.

This is, I believe, one of those. Sure, it might've been extremely hilarious at first, "hah hah you forgot to move Lilina and she died". But then would've come the "dude, I was looking forward to seeing you handle Henning", "man, I wanted to see you use Gonzales", "shame, now we won't see you struggle through the last few chapters".

Truth of the matter is, this is an extremely crippling death for far too stupid a mistake. I just forgot to move her (which, I believe, is somewhat understandable. She's really far away from the army at first, and the dialogue only pops up after you end the turn, so it's easy to forget she exists if you're focused on something else), and the guy one-rounded her!

That's why, I'm going to employ this ancient tool as it has been used since the beginning of time...

image.png.c97db6e98abd744e24d2b4b641b18d85.png

...to sweep this happy little accident under the rug. Then we'll just move on with our lives, with the dishonorable reset counter taking its place between the other counters to remind us that the LPer is the worst FE player ever. Okay?

...I'm glad we all, without exception, agree.

6nHccY3.pngrCcufq2.png

Lilina is really easy to keep alive. Since there are no enemies within his range, the Archer just leaves Lilina to come fight the main army. It would take a huge, nitwitted stool-pigeon to lose her here.

...no, seriously, for a minute there I selected all of the screencaps I had, right-clicked them, and wondered "Do I delete this fuck up? Do I show them? Do I hide it from them?".

Just be happy I'm not good enough at anything to afford skipping the "look everyone im bad lololo" humour.

MsEn86a.png3hLw5Su.png0j3Jw1s.pngDTTIu3z.png

The rest of the army just moves forward. These first few enemies are really weak.

gFYwVpK.png

Before I forget again, let's move Lilina out of harm's way.

BUvtqno.pngzZsqtVL.png

I still refuse to give up on Dorothy. She's going to become good one of these days, I assure you!

hrxzsoi.png

Also, Saul needs a support partner. And I love their support together.

gxUzPh6.pngRFMc9Xr.png

The Thieves team up to chip down the Archer.

HJofPhT.pngXA8eHS6.png

Nice! Strength is great. It means Dorothy is even more outclassed now, but eh. It's fine, I'd like a non-Sacaean Archer.

ugSbENw.pngD1MiNkh.pngLU6mBMl.pngj5cEepk.png

That's it for the turn. The Archer, as expected, leaves Lilina alone, while the treasure room Mage opens the door and leaves as well. I don't know why that happens, but it happens every single time.

ZtLJzZN.png

Ah, Dorothy wants word with Saul at last!

MmJdIcG.pngS0JaZCx.png

These two are hilarious.

faJm37B.pngPMkQDFb.png

Man, Dorothy's job sucks. I sure do hope Yoder pays her well.

LdHYKY0.pngKXTl1Gd.png

Now that's believable.

eexDzeq.pngCkQfka2.png

"Come now, I know I left to woo some random village while you spoke to the head of our church, but I'm a good priest all the same!"

yW0zqcD.png6CGUM2n.png

Bwahahahahah. Dorothy's such a savage sometimes.

N6d3dUN.png

I think Dorothy knows you far too well to have faith in you.

uwfHS7b.pngaC35XHM.pngDwtZ4Xx.pngow9dNVP.png

Those who haven't read this support, brace yourselves.

X6gxyip.pngFAab309.png

This always cracks me up. It's so hilariously amazing.

lkHXkt4.png

Dorothy's wondering why didn't she become a hunter while she had the chance.

ceHt9dN.pngGqKgEza.png

And so ends the tale of the Valiant Saul, the priest who stopped a foul man from molesting a lady by molesting him.

nHjjNaa.png

Joy. Now, Saul, please get magic, and Dorothy, please get everything.

Wfr7Yow.png35pkB6R.pngMh0OuYK.png

Other than that, not much of note happens yet.

7g1eFAc.png4roY08m.pngchrw9jl.png

Another turn, another kill for Dorothy.

L8XuMgv.png8tnSNa8.png

I'm not about to complain about this miss, because for once, I actually appreciate it.

MjFx00R.png

I'm honestly having trouble thinking of anything to comment. This chapter does have some pretty juicy material, but this beginning is just so very bland. Inaccurate enemies fail to kill us. We kill them. I'm almost thankful for the Lilina fuck up. If anything, it helped spice things up.

I say, as we look at the most meaningful thing that's happened yet, aside from the Dorothy kills.

foE8foi.png

The army moves towards the enemy. The enemy moves towards the army. That's... it.

SxwhEF6.png

No, seriously, these guys are hilariously bad. I know, it's just a Soldier, but the Knights are not much better. Look at this! Sue is bad, but she can go toe-to-toe with these chumps.

5FcrDaN.png

Treck even more so than the Silver Wolf's granddaughter.  I'm not even going to try to describe... whatever Treck's holding. Let's instead marvel at the fact that his horse has no hind legs.

IH4ar7R.png

Gotta be careful, though. They've a surprise in store for Treck. I often forget about this guy. Not this time around, though. I already wasted all of my amnesia points on Lilina, so this I did remember.

nP8veGf.pnghBoU88M.png

I am more effective than you, foolish Knight!

QvO8UYr.png

These guys don't even have javelins, seriously. Hector, why were these buffoons part of your army?

BlLpqxu.pngsLITiH2.png

Although, I imagine that guy could've proved to be quite nasty if I bothered to bring Shanna along. But I didn't, nor will I, ever again. Tate is better anyways. Both stat and personality-wise, which is important.

LMN74wV.png

Suddenly, the reinforcements I was talking about appear? Nope, it's actually allies to our cause!

09LPV7r.pngzUTPWPF.pngo1Fcsfv.png

Meet Ogier and Barth. Ogier is one of the most forgettable characters in the game. He doesn't even have Tomas' hilarious hairdo.

Barth, on the other hand, is so ridiculous, he deserves to be remembered. How in the world did he managed to get that haircut in the Middle Ages of Anime?

KnHqETP.png

I don't think this girl needs an introduction. Everyone knows her. For all the wrong reasons.

XxHmq5t.pngEkC4l24.png

Hence why you didn't appear in FE7 as the Lowen to Oswin's Marcus or something like that. Yet another missed opportunity.

sxEWOUR.pngagu2LXe.png

Good guess, although at this point, I'd thought these guys would've heard that the castle is, in fact, under attack by the Lycian Army.

Then again, I don't even know where they were during the battle outside. They just show up out of nowhere here and that's about it.

S1X6tA8.png

Heh... uuuhh... yeah... about that...

3GKYY16.pngVpnGXnS.png

This scene was hard to watch, and it's hard to comment now.

EYSymJC.png

Never mind. Wendy isn't just an awful unit: she's also an awful character. She's so infamously bad in every way.

I'm going to use her. Mark my words.

pUDyt5H.png2fRhXo4.png

Yeah! Now tell me, why in the name of all that is holy did you have to stand up to Barth, whereas Wendy was just like "Oh, okay, you're right, my last remaining family is might be dead, that's reasonable"?

xPkcUlc.pngukzZklp.pngqGhxFiJ.png

I mean, sure... if you're an emotionless robot, then sure, he is. Was it so hard, though, in your condition of empathetic human being, to just say "I'm sure your brother is fine, Wendy"?

...then again... a thousand curses, why must I be such an ectoplasmic byproduct?! I murdered that girl's brother!

o5uukFP.pngTNldNKU.pngfcFv0k0.pngzFQxEPa.png

"Yes, Sir Legoman! We shall be horrible calmly!"

a9l9Bb0.pngs3loUJ1.pngezJvLsx.png

Ah, these guys. Where to begin.

- Ogier has worse bases than Deke, but better growths. However, he's very underleveled. Leveling him up is hard at first, but if you do, he should become a pretty nice unit.

- Barth is, to quote a youtuber I'm quite fond of, "the knightiest knight that ever knighted". Whereas Bors' growths and bases are shaky, and Wendy... ahem, Barth's perfect for his job. He tanks hits, he deals a mighty blow in return, and he crumbles down like mache paper if a Mage so much as gazes at his general direction. Not that good, but serviceable.

- Wendy's great. She's got merely average growths, with Treck actually outperforming her in the defensive department, with better HP and defense bases and growths. She has the worst bases in the entire game, being even worse than Bors who joined all the way back in chapter 1, and Sophia who's infamous for her repugnant bases. She also has a rather low con for a lance user, not being able to use anything other than an iron lance without losing some much needed speed.

I'll try to use her, but I'm not sure it's possible in hard mode.

sr6XoJG.pngM8WrszC.png

Okay, with that out the way, look! Dorothy got a good level up! There's hope yet!

oTXa63Z.pngUYlDONf.png

Treck, too. Except his was even better! Look at that beauty. I don't care it doesn't have speed or strength: all those starts are great for Treck, especially the defense.

RRCuSmm.png

Sue takes another kill. Nice flying horse.

GRmTHsy.png6lLYxUI.png

Then Roy--

MquoWKl.png

Chad...

Ht9yWRi.png

...Wade kills the Archer.

O4Pm8dw.pngPlZenUd.png

That's it for the main team.

QsNcRgO.pngfZ281Z1.png

The Ostians lash out at the wall, utterly destroying it. Barth is the only one who can take some punishment, so he'll take the lead.

3hfmRie.pngABJ6AS2.png

I went out of my way to rewind, and slow down the game just so I could screencap this genius tactic in all its glory. Seriously, check this out. What the hell, Legance? This isn't how you do strategy! Even I wouldn't do this sort of dumb thing!

yruJWGu.png

No, this guy doesn't have a javelin. No, the none of the Archers have longbows.

1bt53t7.png

Knowing how the FE AI works, I figured I might as well use this chance to give Wendy some much needed training.

Seriously, look at that. Even friggin' Roy does more than that to the Archers.

r0g6FG1.pngfUdLkld.png

The enemy shouldn't be able to get to the Ostians, but I can't really afford to wait for Wendy to finish off the enemy on her own. Better get them some backup, post-haste!

cmn5ces.png

These guys. They cannot defeat Wendy. I... I'm dumbstruck. We've found him. We've found a man worse at FE than me. Thanks, Legance. I never thought I'd live to see the day. My self-esteem is rekindled! I thank you, good Legance!

3pSVQ3K.png

In other news, Wendy's bad. Anyone's surprised?

vhRBgzK.png3737vzQ.pngdOUCdWJ.png

Marcus rides ahead, while I'm a little more worried for Treck. For some reason. Even though his defenses match those of Marcus. Eh, I don't know, I'm dumb, okay?

Also, I love how by this point, Marcus should've already been benched, yet here he is, still amazing. Seriously, I just checked: he's on his level 10 strength average, his level 10 defense average, and his level 13 speed average! I'm not complaining, though: like I said, I'm fond of his Paladin sprite.

But I digress. For now, let's play "spot the tactical mistake".

Drm9G4P.pngHlinb2D.png

Yeah... the Soldier moved, and so did the Archer.

CCu6K9e.png

Did you know that, sometimes, Wendy gets doubled by these assholes? Yeah, she survived that through sheer luck.

RMSvybC.png

Reck!

HFNy2tx.png

Nice! Nice! A kill for Wendy! Truly a rare occurrence. Wendy, you must make good use of this oportunity fate has granted you!

xJ3284N.png

Good.

nqgK7MC.pngXEoOH6Q.pngzYWiMNS.pngRMMQt2q.png

The rest do about as well as they usually do.

lNBRDJZ.pngUcPCwTD.pngHkLCxGY.pngjjIwwLc.png

I decided to give everyone a turn to catch up. As well as a chance for Elen to not help her case. Lady, Saul's got a support partner, better stats, better growths, and the cool hat Bishop sprite. About the only thing you've got going for you is the fact that you suck and I like using sucky units.

Although, to be fair, she's severely RNG screwed. She's one point over her magic and skill averages, but everywhere eslse, she's behind. She hasn't gotten a single speed point since she joined us. 20% is a bad growth, but come now, it's not this bad!

HskU4y9.png

Oh, boy. Here we go. The reason we have to hurry up.

7tiag80.pngWo7d3GR.pngOno7bxD.pngvqQEku4.png

I'm already regretting not gutting you back at Orun's place.

541DHKO.png

So yeah, the girl and her partner in thievery will run up to the treasure room. I hope you're ready to welcome them properly by the time they arrive. There are some very vital items in those chests.

HZh6Hay.pngWQ3K0DG.png

Onwards to the treasury, everybody!

MkNyohs.png

I don't know why I did this, but I'll be glad I did in time. Just you watch.

Y8DaGDb.png

Close enough.

LzTb9Jh.pngsW2N8aa.pngcgnUgiP.png

Gah! Marcus! I keep forgetting that, while he's still great, he's no longer invincible! He wouldn't have died even if the Soldier hit him, but...

rY5wTqv.png

This happens as well and OH MY GOD 5% CRIT SUE STOP BEING AWFUL

mq0tkEn.png

Heh. Nah. That ain't happening. But I'd still like to point out the fact that a generic Mage can tank Wendy and destroy her in one round. It's almost like the game handed us over a generic Soldier. From FE8.

JeDG2dg.png

You scared me, Sue. Don't do that again!

oAl5NUP.png

Dorothy chips down the Mage. I considered risking it with Wendy, but wisely opted not to.

vAPFCC1.png

It's been a while since Roy last got a kill. There you go, boy.

wQq1Afv.pngyC5C0ZU.pngQtRLHU2.png

The rest is just the usual, the A team kicking ass. Yes, Treck is now part of the A team. That defense is just too good.

nUGswqk.pngoDZ2yOJ.pngvSMMbOF.png

Here's how things stand. The Knight will have to pick one out of Lot, Treck, and an armorslayer-wielding Ogier to attack. None of the confrontations will end well for him. Place your bets, everyone.

ebLDB19.png

If you bet Treck, you were right, because while he's great defensively, he's still rather lacking in the offensive department. But that's fine. He has a good strength growth.

wb12mod.pngbvSAzGV.png

Lot fights the enemy too, but they stand no chance against the man with lots of stats!

WD2tXgk.png

This always striked me as odd. Cath's pal will always, without exception as far as I can tell, open Lilina's door, rendering the breakable wall completely pointless.

C0X0UYB.png

Well, two can play the "free the Mage" game! Except we'll be gutting this Mage as soon as possible.

u9bi94q.png

Like so.

bgObQJ1.pngRLo6uiF.pnglGk6hK7.png

I attempt to set up a kill for Ogier.

BaVXIvY.png

It doesn't work too well. We're off to a good start with the only trainable swordie that remains available.

LI5e8eE.png

But at least the other asshat got screwed as well.

hI5EZq7.pngD1vnY9V.png

We've reached the treasure room, which is good, because she's a turn away from stealing our stuff.

1KkczMr.png

If one blocks all the chests, Cath doubles back and heads for the other treasure room, which of course means it'll be hard to reach her, let alone get Roy to talk to her. I learnt this the hard way, of course.

MMHHAkn.png

So I make very sure to leave a chest apparently up for grabs, so that she and her friend foolishly step into the treasure room.

JX3dL6L.png

All according to plan.

3oOECkB.pngGmjyPQ7.png

Wave your tools goodbye!

nfs4wWq.pngqc20hrv.png

And hey, we've got an easily killable Thief, might as well give it to Wendy, right?

Well, if she can hit him, that is.

8z3wJFz.png

No escape for you. Roy wants to have words with you.

WRwn6S9.png

Ah, dangit. Here are the reinforcements I was talking about. In normal mode, you can get away with forgetting about the Ostians entirely, since these pockmarks don't appear there. Here, however... I hope you didn't forget to more Wendy!

kY5nVjx.png

For the moment, let's put Marcus in charge of defending the rear. He should do a fine job.

nG83R9D.png

Wendy's first level up!

GKMxuoS.png

This is going to be truly delightful, is it not?

XNVEshS.png

Whatever, let's forget Wendy's existance for now and talk to Cath.

WT3maBH.png8bb19lE.png

Quite fancy, yes. This, at least, marks the end of you being the worst thing ever.

eSBhViT.pngqqPxqyU.png

You mean like Chad and Astore are going to do after you're done conversing with Cath?

Oh, right, it's not stealing then because Lilina likes you too much to tell you not to pilfer her castle.

QmGEDNm.pngfPjlcOj.pngKsslEcH.png

Eh, he's got a point, although it's rendered moot by the fact that almost every rich man in this game is an asshole.

bwVUFOL.png2QJCJyf.pngC89TFZe.pngouYsq8R.png

Come now, don't be so naïve. Maybe Eliwood protects the people, but then there's people like... every other noble in this game!

srw0D8M.pngoZtq1iU.png

I'll say one thing, though. She would be right, if she wasn't speaking to the one who went to war to...

i6gMsLC.pngBy0VHNp.png

...well, do exactly what she states he doesn't.

b8vUz2q.pngdBWfeRi.png

And here's the marvelous character revelation.

fIYU8re.png8GsBdYt.pngznqEiz2.pngrdyrYuP.png

Quite honestly, if Cath had brains, she'd see that her marquess burning down her village using the war as an excuse isn't exactly the war's fault, but the marquess' for being an asshole. But this is Cath we're talking about.

mgCWsRf.png7cuuoL5.pngMgpFyZE.png

Then again, if a marquess like that is allowed to exist... the others are also to blame, partly.

YtsX019.pngjzypBHF.pngn2JgOaX.png

Still doesn't excuse Cath being a criminal and an idiot. Especially the latter.

oydvqoz.png

Not to mention the fact that Roy's pretty horrified by this news, and Cath should definitely be able to notice that.

FDO07so.pngxz1OG4R.pngto4Imgn.png

In fact, she does notice! She just manages to react in the most cringey way imaginable!

1QCRAgZ.png197HxQ4.pngtiiMdHr.pngtW2f5Cb.png

No, wait! I need you to be blue so I can bench you! Roy! Grab her by the arm again!

nuQ3kRU.pngLppU4D9.png

Why, you little-- Troglodyte! Ophicleides! Vivisectionist! Goosecap! Filibuster! Mountebank! Centipede! Infernal Mileage Merchant! Jack-pudding! Polygraph! ASSHOLE!!

T7pOI8Y.pngGqT8D9B.png

At least we've got enough lockpicks to last us an eternity and a half. Since Chad can't fight for shit, I give his sword to Ogier. He could use a weapon that doesn't weigh him down.

ju4sEPH.png

The rest of the army moves ahead to face...

CFbBTkM.pnghDOKGAw.png

These guys! An Archer and a Mercenary will be spawning in those stairs (which are on top of more stairs. This castle makes less and less sense by the minute), as well as a Soldier and a Knight in the throne room.

yrT8y8O.png

There's also this bastard that's been here from the beginning. He's stationary, at least, but it's best to thread carefully around him.

aJrSeHn.png

Ride forth, Treck. Give the reinforcements a proper welcome.

EaWOIsk.png

Lilina has a talk conversation with Roy. And Barth and Wendy and Bors, but those aren't important like this one.

tECmxlR.pngEWH8llA.pngjISvs7W.png

EWH8llA.pngjISvs7W.png

EWH8llA.pngjISvs7W.png

EWH8llA.pngjISvs7W.png

EWH8llA.pngjISvs7W.png

EWH8llA.pngjISvs7W.png

Okay, that's quite enough. I had my fun.

thXVphE.pngLRrFGQo.pngOFRto8p.pngyvyYtHH.png

So, the conversation itself isn't much of anything, but...

OUCXYgy.png

It's an interesting thing to do, because it features Roy summoning a thunder tome out of thin air.

kTx16TJ.pngFik70Kz.png

Chad, along with Marcus, Sue, Elen and the merchant, will stay at the first treasure room, and will be retrieving what is Lilina's, and therefore ours. First off, promotional items! FE6 is extremely stingy with these, so it's imperative to make sure to grab the few the game hands over.

It's the reason why I actually find chapter 16's secret shop more important than the one at chapter 21. Sure, BUYABLE BOOTS, but chapter 16 is the only place where you can get enough promo items for everyone, and that's more important than more move in my opinion.

Then again, I usually don't buy boots there. More often than not, I'm fond of grabbing a prepromote and turning them into gods. Like the time I made Yoder cap everything. It was fun.

fvdNjP0.png

That Mage's got an elfire tome. He can be quite nasty if one's not careful.

2Uak1B4.pngcR2wELh.png2fsuNX9.png

Other than that, not much happens. Treck's high defense will come in very handy in the next few turns. He even hit him with the javelin!

The others don't do as well. But that's fine, I mean, if Lot didn't have accuracy issues, he'd be almost too OP!

fuTE4Sf.pngTwcPmVk.png

Dorothy and Saul provide support to the team in the form of healing, and missing.

5VGlfAj.pngmXQ6vkv.png

It's enough for Lot and Treck to finish them off.

uUw3Uy5.png

Whooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! That's amazing! Clarine no longer has the best level in the LP. I'm glad it's Treck, too. His offensive stats may not be so great, but look at the defense! He's tankier than Marcus now!

QPfCeC8.pngD3UCAUG.pngOpOnIuy.png

The rest of the turn is just routine: Wade missing, Jeigan Jeiganing...

ALcyX8q.png

Sue, please...

gVf7DOo.pngmfzBNKx.pngoSn1iEx.png

And that's that. We got an elfire tome nobody can use. Joy.

6Hg2gxK.png1awbYBL.png9tIIlcK.png

Well, the Mage tried, but Lot's too good.

aprZ23D.png

Look at that. It's already looking all cluttered, and we're two turns into the reinforcement fest. But if it means easy experience for Sue, then it's fine.

u31PHta.png

That'll be a level up for Saul. Prepare for the disappointment, everyone!

U4Gvh5I.png

Hm. There may be hope for using this guy yet.

ooRvbXW.pngWuTrddj.pngtwynCts.png

Dorothy and Treck throw pointy sticks at the Mercenary that attacked Wade. It goes well enough.

L2xzjpI.png

Dang it, Lilina! You could've critted, but instead chose to miss! Why would you? Do you not seek vengeance? Brigand! Abominable Snowman! Musical moron! Big-head! BIOGAS!!

Fun fact: that last insult is not an invention of our favourite sea dog, but mine. It's a running thing I've got with my friends. The joke is that biogas sucks and nobody uses it over fossil fuels or even other renewable energies. So I just use it as an insult. Just in case you needed any more proof of my weirdness...

Oh, by the way, I ate ice cream for breakfast today. In early january. Yep.

B4MgJu4.png

Anyway, let's make sure I don't lose Lilina in a way that is truly, utterly inexcusable, shall we?

FUgOFiv.pngLlxoOZq.png

Lot heals up, while Wade throws an axe at the lower Mercenary because, hey, it's free.

jVgEbAI.png3kxg24V.png

Then Astore frees Saul from Ogier's pocket and the turn is over.

DKvkrd9.pngYnRZmn2.png

In the southern front, that is. Up here, Sue is still playing catch up.

ThDt9AD.png

Killer bow! That's interesting. It should increase Sue or Dorothy's damage output, at any rate.

qh4EaDk.png

And that's that. Cath is still hanging out with us. I don't know why. Maybe her AI doesn't think she should be escaping yet because there's still one openable chest within her reach, even though she can't open it?

3doEUf9.pngQqm6e8x.pnglHKNerd.png

Whatever the case, fighting comes to pass.

rAigaxg.png6d2FQiT.png

Lot is still being peppered by the Mage. It's fine. Even if Lot doesn't have much resistance, he's still got a truckload of HP.

dmoMEVT.pngRiO6e8R.png

Okay, time to retaliate!

eY0QBOe.png

My, my, look! Ogier got a kill!

BMdobqM.png

Suddenly, Saul uses the barrier staf on Treck?

1BK9BFc.png

Yep! The worst Cavalier in the game is about to take the initiative, and choke the point along with Lot. Because Wade's not going to die any time soon, but his WTD is making this drag on for too long.

GgCecfE.pngHzuNWch.png

And you know what? This has been going on for long enough. Let's leave it here, shall we? Next time, we'll get to Legance, and spend 100 turns or so trying in vain to hit him. Until then, I fare y'all well.

jqQ2QRK.pngF9eOH9S.png

xtXL4QC.png6EQntxK.pngEKtFoi5.png

CY0qvcJ.png

Wf0CLPM.pngroOIb5w.png

zDuwZU1.png

Z6BsOzU.png

3qaT7fR.png

Inh5gxq.pngHEIqK48.png

NcZpPi4.pngJK5PudU.png

ZvI3Ai8.png

xeRNNFz.pngK27ENNU.png

MKoZA2o.pnggyG1Hw1.png

mWnCN6i.png

CaLXldh.pngwT1gWGg.png

Jf9ZKh3.png

2bv4Q0y.pngjvOJSz3.pngZbNacKH.png

HPKNS79.pngTpb7tdr.png

10KrPqe.png

XOlmaJZ.pngdGTfjNu.png

Udccnx0.png

cwrgBoL.pnge9xx9hb.png

D8SQMKU.pnghfeja3a.png

OBvErFk.png

Death count: Bors
                        Wolt
                        Deke
                        Lugh

Rutger
                        Noah
                        Clarine
                        Lance
                        Jerrot

*Discharged

Reset count: 3

Merlinus death count: 8

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My apologies for the double post, but I forgot to do something and of course, the site won't let me edit the update. Small spoilers of the update ahead, although it's nothing to major. It'll mostly just make you go "oh, Ruben" if you read it.

Spoiler

Wolt
                        Deke
                        Lugh

Rutger
                        Noah
                        Clarine
                        Lance
                        Jerrot

*Discharged

Dishonorable reset count: 1

Edited by Rubenio

18 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

I usually recruit him with Roy, since using Clarine is like gambling, but the odds are always stacked against you. So, no harm done there.

......Wait how does that make sense? She's got the ability to run into her brother better than Roy could. That horse makes a difference.

Sigune? She looks nothing like Sigune, what are you talking about?

Well, I thought I saw similarities, though it might be just the way everything is angled.

Knowing me, it'll probably be in worse shape after we are done.

Ah, but you probably won't do as bad as many other protagonists.

The castle might probably won't blow up.

Subtle. Funnily enough, the throne room is the least well guarded part of the map. What you see (a Knight and a couple Mages) is what you get.

Just goes to show Legance's vast competence.

Well, he said around the room. Probably expected the Lycian army to die outside it.

But knowing what's coming.....

Then don't openly use her as a hostage! Keep her locked up, and pretend that she's fine with you taking over Ostia, being Hector's advisor and all! She's just a kid, I'm sure most would buy that! Killing her is perhaps the worst you could do!

Again, the genius of Gaylance.

Yeah, that's not clever. But it's about as clever as Legance might seem.

RmV9UH1.png

We fight a little. Nothing out of the ordinary here.

I thought Treck was being hit by 2 lances here.

IsScO7A.png

And thus, I present to you... the dishonorable reset counter!

IsScO7A.png

Stealing this for future use.

yW0zqcD.png6CGUM2n.png

Bwahahahahah. Dorothy's such a savage sometimes.

I do get This. Still prefer Dorothy/Clarine's support, because Clarine actually is a better person than usual and is actually helpful to Dorothy.

Sadly, we'll never see it.

20 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

EYSymJC.png

Never mind. Wendy isn't just an awful unit: she's also an awful character. She's so infamously bad in every way.

I'm going to use her. Mark my words.

Bors probably told her not to grieve.

Bors was wrong.

22 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

"Yes, Sir Legoman! We shall be horrible calmly!"

Immediately thought of this:

47-barth.png

Barth is too memeable.

- Barth is, to quote a youtuber I'm quite fond of, "the knightiest knight that ever knighted".

iunderstoodthatreference.jpg

24 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

3hfmRie.pngABJ6AS2.png

I went out of my way to rewind, and slow down the game just so I could screencap this genius tactic in all its glory. Seriously, check this out. What the hell, Legance? This isn't how you do strategy! Even I wouldn't do this sort of dumb thing!

Again, Legance the master general.

No words needed.

25 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

1bt53t7.png

Knowing how the FE AI works, I figured I might as well use this chance to give Wendy some much needed training.

Seriously, look at that. Even friggin' Roy does more than that to the Archers.

Roy has levels by now.

And better bases.

And Better growths.

And more accurate weapons.

Point being Wendy sucks don't use her.

26 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

cmn5ces.png

These guys. They cannot defeat Wendy. I... I'm dumbstruck. We've found him. We've found a man worse at FE than me. Thanks, Legance. I never thought I'd live to see the day. My self-esteem is rekindled! I thank you, good Legance!

At least Legance gives some smiles out.

Even if it's a smile for "Oh honey, he's trying to rebel. How cute."

28 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

MMHHAkn.png

So I make very sure to leave a chest apparently up for grabs, so that she and her friend foolishly step into the treasure room.

You know what, I didn't expect an actual useful tactic here.

I wouldn't think of this, so thanks.

32 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

uUw3Uy5.png

Whooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! That's amazing! Clarine no longer has the best level in the LP. I'm glad it's Treck, too. His offensive stats may not be so great, but look at the defense! He's tankier than Marcus now!

Treck: Possible best unit?

I hope so. The king of obliviousness being the best here would be worth the chuckle.

33 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

And that's that. Cath is still hanging out with us. I don't know why. Maybe her AI doesn't think she should be escaping yet because there's still one openable chest within her reach, even though she can't open it?

Probably not. From what I can tell, once Roy talks to her she prioritises running away to the north. Maybe she can't get to there at all this turn so she just doesn't bother?

35 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

D8SQMKU.pnghfeja3a.png

DUN DUN DUN.

Alright then, Ruben and Wrys will be involved in the Western Isles.

How will you deal with the route split?

Now I see what's going on, Etruria is after Humphrey, and thought that Ruben was him since they're both Tacticians!

Kinda feel like calling bullshit on Marcus though. He's been a little too Gung-ho and Lance first to have suddenly grown a brain and recognized our local fatass as the shitlord he is.

Edited by DestructionDragon360

9 hours ago, Rubenio said:

Barth is, to quote a youtuber I'm quite fond of, "the knightiest knight that ever knighted". Whereas Bors' growths and bases are shaky, and Wendy... ahem, Barth's perfect for his job. He tanks hits, he deals a mighty blow in return, and he crumbles down like mache paper if a Mage so much as gazes at his general direction. Not that good, but serviceable.

Whoisthisgit subscriber AND Pretzel hater? I guess there's two of us here.

CYRrKek.png96iIeKa.png

HypDT32.pngDhQUutf.pngW2tpZUC.png

WBgEPAz.pngj5li5PD.png2ngdwvZ.pngS1f2fdV.png

O73bDrq.pngHOaz62g.png

BlBrZfM.pngnAkaizQ.png

Z0wEUmt.pngB3T6CyX.pngCWhux2m.png

dfJTgX5.pngfol13WZ.png

9St46XJ.png

xqNS2tS.pngAmp1jE3.png

wwPaAQh.pngLg90uuJ.png

Ddx5QEy.pngiPYfyId.pngk8SaHFm.pngF1MTWlM.png

LS86qaz.pngjqOfjiA.png

TGJAUQU.png6AdvVFv.png

kNHDOsz.pngSBtESr0.png

xpD6h8o.png

SpLRGTB.png

P1Fz8ss.png4Dmg9oT.png

JCsu9r1.png

wI0b8V0.pngVXYCd6I.pngzLZF0Gz.png

PKDgpVN.png07P2Io8.png

BlCfuj6.pngeNBrOIi.png

nPKrFgm.pngHjnxzA1.png

U6pDzRU.pngd3POCMu.png

o8pN2ts.png

tECCeFp.png

qiyjepl.png

jL7v084.png

Part 10 - Spoooooooooooooooooooooky~

On 11/1/2018 at 12:41 PM, Dayni said:

......Wait how does that make sense? She's got the ability to run into her brother better than Roy could. That horse makes a difference.

She also has no durability to survive all the Archers.

Well, I thought I saw similarities, though it might be just the way everything is angled.

Eh, I suppose, but I don't think they look alike at all. I didn't even take any of her body parts for the splicing process!

...that sounded rather creepy, I'm sorry.

Ah, but you probably won't do as bad as many other protagonists.

The castle might probably won't blow up.

*Flashbacks to Tear Ring saga*

Well, he said around the room. Probably expected the Lycian army to die outside it.

But knowing what's coming.....

He's just an idiot is all.

Again, the genius of Gaylance.

Yeah, that's not clever. But it's about as clever as Legance might seem.

It's more clever than Legance will ever amount to.

I thought Treck was being hit by 2 lances here.

Heh, for a second there, I did too!

I... I apologize...

IsScO7A.png

Stealing this for future use.

Well, at least we'll get something out of the whole situation.

I do get This. Still prefer Dorothy/Clarine's support, because Clarine actually is a better person than usual and is actually helpful to Dorothy.

Sadly, we'll never see it.

Stop suckin' Clarine's cock!

...ew... fuck me sideways, that was awful...

Bors probably told her not to grieve.

Bors was wrong.

Bors... ;_;

Immediately thought of this:

47-barth.png

Barth is too memeable.

He bathes in memes.

iunderstoodthatreference.jpg

Seems like everyone did.

Again, Legance the master general.

No words needed.

I'm just happy there's somebody worse at FE than me. I'm going to be really sad when we kill him and that honour goes right back to my ass.

Roy has levels by now.

And better bases.

And Better growths.

And more accurate weapons.

Point being Wendy sucks don't use her.

But it's gonna be fun to use her!

GKMxuoS.png

At least Legance gives some smiles out.

Even if it's a smile for "Oh honey, he's trying to rebel. How cute."

His smile is hilarious. I tried to tone his craziness down when I used his head for my sprite.

You know what, I didn't expect an actual useful tactic here.

N6d3dUN.png

I wouldn't think of this, so thanks.

I'm glad to help.

Treck: Possible best unit?

I hope so. The king of obliviousness being the best here would be worth the chuckle.

Matthis 2.0? Don't mind if I do!

Probably not. From what I can tell, once Roy talks to her she prioritises running away to the north. Maybe she can't get to there at all this turn so she just doesn't bother?

That was probably it.

DUN DUN DUN.

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!

Alright then, Ruben and Wrys will be involved in the Western Isles.

How will you deal with the route split?

From a gameplay perspective, I'd set a save state right before visiting either of the villages, but I can't trust myself not to press the key by mistake and lose all my progress. Maybe I'll do just that, but then move the save file somewhere else, so I still have it saved somewhere, but there's no risk of me fucking everything up as usual.

Plot-wise,

On 11/1/2018 at 4:52 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

Hmm...I wonder who Cath's marquess sent to burn down her village?

Probably a horseman.

I chuckled when I read that. Kudos to you.

f8URyR5.png Here, for those who don't get the joke. This happened in the last LP. I never did get over it.

On 11/1/2018 at 8:29 PM, DestructionDragon360 said:

Now I see what's going on, Etruria is after Humphrey, and thought that Ruben was him since they're both Tacticians!

Maybe... Okay now, it's obvious.

Kinda feel like calling bullshit on Marcus though. He's been a little too Gung-ho and Lance first to have suddenly grown a brain and recognized our local fatass as the shitlord he is.

You can be aggressive and have a brain. I think.

On 11/1/2018 at 9:13 PM, Goddess Serra said:

Don't forget about good old Frost!

Spoiler

HzuNWch.png

Last time, we were here.

2vfdm6X.pngjXrYjcB.png952yM1C.png

I am gud at ending updates at the right time, so we've got to take care of the treasure room team before we can finish the turn.

HGtHpXJ.png

The last of the chests in this room has a light brand. Eh. It's not very good in FE6. For some reason, it always does 10 damage when used from a distance. But it's the only ranged option swordies get, so there's that.

The runesword exists, yeah, but it's unobtainable until the trial maps. Pretty damn late, right?

8EguoRG.png

That's that. Let's hope for the best.

0bgs5wf.pngz2U7KLc.pnglY3R0zm.png

The best happens, on cue.

Q1w00ZM.png

Eh, not what I'd call the "best", really, but you've gotten far too many good level ups already. We wouldn't want the others to feel bad about themselves, now would we?

se6MLVj.png

Jeez, Marcus! Get a hold of yourself! Dodge something! None of those bastards make it over a 60% chance to hit you, yet they all do!

DKM6dB1.png60T6c33.pngLYt5BED.png

Not much else of note happens. Other than the fact that whatever rooms are there at the bottom of those stairs must be as big as the rest of the castle combined.

XKRSC09.png

But that information is irrelevant. Let us focus on the task at hand: ensuring Marcus' continued survival.

DbqNOg1.png

Good. Back to the southern flank.

mBCAqPn.png

First things first, Ogier took a nasty hit. We can't have that, now can we?

7GAbfHy.pngP9BbiQf.pngxAUeceO.png

Next, let's resoundingly fail to kill this Mage. In all seriousness, I love FE6, but this... this is just inexcusable.

2zJIGxZ.pngaEiNCxy.png

Barth fares slightly better, but he still can't go the distance, like Douglas. I wish I had gotten Douglas instead of these guys.

To this day, I still don't get that meme. Is it even a meme at all?
ZQVlgAo.png

He's going to miss.

dxaacrG.png0rYCACH.pngdT2XPi3.png

Yep. Nothing out of the ordinary here. Moving right on.

tweYPL5.png

Lot! What happened? I mean, I'm not worried, at this point you're so good, could get this sort of levels all the way to your promotion, but... I fear for your post-promotion future!

x5FFAe7.png

Treck killed the Mage. In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have done that. Had he missed (and it's not like we haven't had this sort of miss before in the LP), he probably would've died in the enemy phase.

Gp31X8K.pngc8m5n2B.pngAlG4UGh.png

Treck isn't going to do much with his javelin, so I make him equip a standard iron lance in preparation for the enemy's assault.

9QRghCa.png

Come now... I know FE6 is missing central, but this is just ridiculous!

qwpdn05.png

Look, it's Legance's marvelous strategies at play once more! He's like "mweheheheh, we do no need ranged attacks to defeat these inferior worms! Wahahah!".

KqTYvcF.png03gTHcb.pngEs7qYSf.png

Cutting it a little too close for my liking there, Lot. Since he's run out of vulnerary, Saul shall take care of his wounds.

CVZLd6r.png

Like so.

5d4s9E6.pnghcy1Anh.png

Trecks shows the stupid Soldier what for, while Dorothy starts working on this... misguided missile of a Mercenary. Apparently he wasted all of his luck mana on dodging Treck's lance. Mana well spent, curse it all.

oAXvLe4.pngVlpuJVP.png

Sue then wastes some perfectly fine RNG on a completely unnecessary 1% critical hit, resulting in the numbers not being quite as favorable for her level up. A thousand curses, why?

AwY4SPc.pngiLREJTI.png

Let's not waste the elixir, shall we, Marcus? Your wounds aren't grave enough.

8EhXZAT.png

We're not making a lot of progress, but nobody's dying either, so it's all good.

8ocTDvD.png

Bwahah! Cath! Aww, you shouldn't have! There's no way this, or anything for that matter, can possibly make me like you! You're just tempting Marcus' silver lance!

XsO643s.pngXD954Ml.pngIOriaTv.png

Other than that, all that happens is more of the same. The Mercenary tries to defeat Treck by summoning his magical spikes, but conjures them upside-down, resulting in ineffectivity.

I'd also like to point out the fact that he takes 3 damage from the Mercs. Sure, they double him, but still.

ZRxtNV6.png

Well, their numbers are starting to decline. It won't be long before we can try to put an end to the Magnificent General's misery.

aZ99IzI.png

Good. And now, a truly awesome sight to behold...

flZlHL4.pngPV7b0RW.pngk8MDBWQ.png

Lilina killed something!

aO1DkFF.png

Turns out Lot didn't run out of vulnerary juice at all. Still, he was very badly wounded when I decided to heal him with Saul. I can understand past!me's thought process. This time.

rxTU2Gb.png

No dice. Bah. If only Sue had let Dorothy get the 1% crit here instead of wasting all of RNG's mercy those turns ago...

XBkKe7j.png20SEuVx.png

And suddenly, it's the enemy phase! I forgot to take pictures of that last turn, but really, do you care? It's the same crap as before.

In other news, I think this more or less confirms my theory that Lot only hits when the odds are against him. I'm so happy for him.

B0pjf9k.png

Reck!

eZMfyn4.pngqirpO6h.png1QbCSS7.png

I don't think I've mentioned this yet, but these armorslayer Mercs are the reason one can't just use Barth to plug this hole. At least they were merciful enough not to throw in some horseslayer Soldiers...

Also, Marcus doubles the Mercenary. He missed, mind, but it's still quite impressive.

OG9cBAA.pngsMXpxLz.png

I could've used the vulnerary, but I refuse to take unnecessary risks. Full health it is!

YVfY7kN.png

He's going to finish off this guy next turn, so Sue might as well get some experience out of him before that happens.

yBurlIQ.png

Lilina killed something else!

CzgLDp5.png

Eh...

BePDABd.png

Get outta here, kid.

9yTAhtr.pngqhrjEI5.pngDl1CO2s.png

Nice! Dorothy got another kill. I actually forgot I'd gotten her another level up in this chapter, so the sight of this makes me happy.

Ye9ueoj.png

Not to mention, it's a cool level up. She's not turning out so badly, actually. Her start was horrendous, but she's getting there now. Although, she's got a long way ahead of her if she wants to be better than Klein or Igrene.

ToYXYLJ.pngl2EH9xd.pngf2nmQap.pngzbztJJF.pnghLbinwj.png

The rest is nothing--

TRhYISe.png

Jesus, what in the world is that?! And what did it do to Lot!?

It's like one of those shitty creepypastas... hmm... give me a couple minutes.

AYjF9Cm.png

There we go. Are you scared yet?

QtCJ19R.png

Bien, now let us keep on moving.

k5eZa8l.pngH9Q5EvN.png

Wendy got a kill! That's even more unbelievable than Lilina getting a kill!

5o97JkI.pnglhYggm3.png

As he gazed upon the screencaps he was meant to describe in a comedic manner, Ruben reflected to himself about the futility of such an act. His imagination failed him, but it was not entirely his fault, for the events displayed on his screen were remarkably uninteresting. After much pondering, he eventually opted to write a paragraph of great pompousness, hoping it would bring a smile to his readers' faces.

He then died on the way back to his home planet.

CXJGM3h.png4dH9JWb.pngWO2ru2e.png

A trading chain later, Treck heals up.

amspf5M.png

Dorothy just keeps on hitting everybody. Guess all that skill's good for something.

Np6emxL.png

Good, we're finally pushing them back. And by "pushing them back", I mean we're killing faster than they can fill the gaps.

oQIbZK6.pngMckis1N.pngcCqYYlX.png

This happens again. Seems like it won't be for much longer, though.

1oePhbr.pngrVtxZP5.pngVthGL0V.png

Disappointingly enough, Marcus cannot double this Mercenary like the last one.

VKpknhS.png

Lot.exe spooks the RNG into letting him defy the odds.

Yr770XZ.png82OTWHT.pngbZTJPw5.png7h0w008.png

Other than that, not much of note happens. As... usual.

vrgLEOl.png

Omigosh, Wendy got another kill!

Le1DzcL.png

Hey, it's... something. She might actually hurt things now.

wnzsqIh.png

Meh. Just get out of there.

BW6I1o9.pngaJ9S3JI.pngxrdmmTT.png

That's that. I probably shouldn't have risked that, but I want to get out of this chokepoint.

Eh6jbGc.pngHsLVeLy.png

Marcus Jeigans for Sue to take the kill. That'll be a level up for her. Thank God, I was already fearing having to think something to say about this routine.

KmjXu1v.png

It's the most boring Sue level ever, being pretty much everything she always gets. Eh. It's fine. I'm glad she's working on her HP.

oRtM0PA.pngc8GQ6Tc.png5srHDK6.pngnNmyFHf.png

Fighting1.png, fighting2.png, etc. etc.

Ky17m0f.png

Neat. More power never hurts... me.

Unless it's the enemy that gets it... or it's an axeman with the devil axe... but... you get the point!

bhQWliF.pngLFEqDMs.png9oza1PE.pngEh6jbGc.png

There's a bunch'a combat I ain't showing because c'mon, it's just more of this.

Although, I'd like to point out the Archer and Treck failing to bring each other to the brink of death.

CGyPmne.pngoD2h8ZJ.png

The siege on the treasure room is pretty much over, with only two archers still breathing.

HExa38X.pngnEWaGTW.png

As is the one on the southern corridor. Treck's taken some pretty bad injuries, but certainly not as bad as his opponent's.

Gd6Ym36.png

(Spoiler alert: he died)

rEGzJrY.png

Huh. Seems like Saul's in the mood for magic today. I've no objections.

b5RJMtC.png7pNLe6r.png

Saul is pulled out of harm's way, freeing the way for...

bCJ5Ztd.pngAbah0SJ.pngRD9MK65.png

Lilina to get another kill and be promptly carried to safety.

AMT7W0L.png

Aw, bollocks. Well. Guess it's time to pick a god and pray!

vM1KoN3.pngzNfUNLO.png

...oh. He wouldn't have died.

kUj5kvn.png

Sure, this asshat would've finished him off if he got hit critically, but still. Impressive, Treck.

iWJjdPk.png

This comes to pass as well. I won't again, though.

bHf4pWv.pngMeKaigN.png

Yet another stupid risk. Sue would've gotten killed if she missed, and both Archers hit her. I really did get impatient here.

I6W7PEs.pngmR2gRyM.png

Lot gets another sucky level up. It's almost as if he doesn't want to get better. Maybe he's just sorry for the rest of the team.

aVXO2WW.png

Well, he certainly shouldn't. He may've been the uncontested best man for the entire earlygame, but Treck is starting to give him a run for his money.

25tEhsY.pngMmWccnQ.png

Good! Nice level up. Keep proccing that speed growth, and we'll get along just fine.

yH2pN1s.pngc230yo7.png

At long last! It is time to finally storm the throne room and euthanize Legance.

nw5zR3y.png

But first, Marcus is attacked by the one remaining Archer.

k2uIueV.pnghqpDdno.png

He doesn't live enough to regret not escaping while he could.

Not that he ever could, mind. Both Sue and Marcus are mounted. He would've been dead no matter what he did.

Guess it makes sense he'd want to die fighting, then.

TLnwYZD.png

Excellent! Strength and HP!

wjA2S51.pngtvpvUD4.png

And that's it. These guys will do nothing more of note for the remainder of the chapter.

MRC5nLp.pngcyW1YW9.png

After moving the army closer to the throne room, I strategically place Dorothy in range of the Mage, so she can wound him for somebody else to take the kill.

7i6Rrv7.png

Like so. Aircalibur is, for those who don't know, the best regular anima tome in the game, having the same might as elfire as well as more hit and and effective damage against fliers.

9Bv21Ad.png

Lilina won't take this kill, but look! She can take on other Mages without dying horribly! Isn't she a good unit?

EdI1e3m.png

There we go, that'll be Ogier's first level. Please don't be as bad as those of your fellow Ostians...

mYMIToc.png

Blistering barnacles, Ogier, what did I tell you?! Way to dodge all the stats you need. HP is neat, I suppose, but you don't need all those other stats!

cKqjwLx.pnge1QItzb.png1kWBg1x.png

Sigh let's just move on.

GW101NF.png

The Knight's stationary, so Lot and Wade moves ahead to lure the Mage in.

Rb1xw0P.png

Delightful!

4n2rJGa.png

And now for the finisher!

3jv1qfH.png

Relevant.

ETaqVfu.pngNB21nqw.png

Wade may not have speed, but look at that strength! Even his defense is quite good. I'm glad I gave those two a chance.

uCHWJvh.png

Still, I don't want him stealing the experience, so Lot helps him equip his iron axe. He does so spookily.

I'm having too much fun. It was a good idea to start making LPs.

yqjbjoG.pngtWjEVk4.png

The rest is of no relevance. I'm eventually going to run out of ways to describe "moving and healing". Hell, I already have!

3wAHl1h.png

The Knight cannot grasp the true form of Wade's dodge.

iyKMOPe.png

And now he's dead. No levels for Lilina, sadly, but that's fine. In my experience, chapter 8x is pretty good for training the chapter 8 recruits.

Until the boss, that is. The boss is a nightmare.

ieSPdSC.pngNZZls9y.png

Okay, time to face Legance.

cGRIE91.png

Friendly reminder that this guy is strong as hell and it will take ages to defeat him.

NSHOnca.png

He starts with his steel lance equipped, though, giving me the chance to record his exchange with Lilina.

q5AbMEj.png

It failed the very second you conceived the idea! It's just failed even more spectacularly for you!

K5TYqkA.pngI8fzoFP.pngCirfPeJ.png

Oh, don't worry that empty little head of yours. You won't be left in the dust. You'll be turned into dust!

5Uh97m4.pngnIz1gGI.png

Ohhh, big mistake, you asshole! Lilina may be no match for you, but all the enraged fans of FE7 are!

Me, I'm not angry. Hell, I'm sad! If only I could let you live. I wouldn't be the worst person to have ever picked up a FE game! As I've said about 10 times by now!

Alas, the game dictates I must seize the throne to progress. I'm sorry, Legance.

rTvx2yn.pngWHwCjbW.pngysO3XWy.png

While Lilina fails to do anything to the traitor, let's appreciate the fact that this guy has a colored sprite. For some reason, most bosses just use the standard red team palette. Legance is one of the few exceptions. I can understand why, actually. Stupid as he may be, he's still the final boss of the first story arc, and a character of relative importance for a throwaway boss.

lHC4avo.pngqWqDWAg.pngdjiT7IQ.png

There's also a high chance of dying of old age before beating him.

Hk5kIsL.png0lidRH8.png

About the only one with the slightest chance is Lot. Wade, too, but Wade faces a higher chance of getting hit and a slightly lower chance of hitting.

czGnu9s.pngJtgrNaq.png

I always liked Legance's normal battle quote, for some reason. It's generic as hell, sure, but... I don't know, not everything has a rational explanation, okay?

L3gXdUv.pngF5vec6y.pngxqvNIR0.png

Yeah... this is going to go on for a while. Lot may be a wraith of tremendous power, but Legance is an even crappier tactician than I am, which is far scarier, considering what my incompetence did back at Archanea.

pZ92VRe.png

Here's when we started to fight him, give or take a turn. As you can see, I'm no efficient player.

I'm showing this so we can marvel at how long it'll take us to kill the Elegant Man, when such event finally comes to pass.

qCRQvPG.pngsaXvWdU.png2LJr5Cr.pngtRcwMKc.png

While Lot does that and everyone else looks at him, Astolfo takes care of the chests.

We get a guiding ring, which is vital, an elysian whip, which isn't as vital (the game is extremely generous with these, even though it's the promotional item with the least potential users available at four units), a good axe for the spooky siblings and a secret book that's most likely also going to them.

TZfc5YP.pngFYdZZbu.png

We finally land the first hit on Legance at turn 51. It took 11 turns to hit him once.

yxLNKQL.pngkh8eUWQ.png

Lot does it again at turn 69 and I won't make the easy joke. Honestly, all the sex jokes you could think of won't change the fact that we're NOT making any fucking progress.

WNy0Yj5.pngRj8VeLC.png

Eventually, I opted to make Lot equip his iron axe, disable animations and just hold the space bar (which makes the game go fast as shit, scientifically speaking).

wa3ckqD.pngqV99QHI.png

This didn't get us any closer to beating Legance, but it did bring Lot to level 20. Hey, if the game's going to throw an unreasonably difficult boss at me, I'm at least going to boss abuse him a little. It's not like I can do anything else.

The levels themselves aren't that amazing, but it cements Lot's position as the team's tank, having no weaknesses to anything, not even Mages.

aRtaHZq.png

And so...

zfbJW6f.pngJVGusHU.pngff9I819.pnghaJfxHz.png

We get our first promotion of the LP.

cksRVGh.png

+8 HP. Jeez. This guy could probably take on Zephiel right now. He wouldn't hit him, or do any damage to him, but that's nothing a few levels can't fix.

ZnGaOTo.png

Now he could potentially one-round Legance. Joy.

Ht1RrZ5.pngOTTef58.pnga3GZJ4y.pngsXAgsP4.pngs5tpCZV.pngT4Destm.png

Legance puts up a good fight, but the newly promoted Lot proves too much for him to handle. And eventually...

WcOn3He.png

The Ostian rebellion comes to a messy end.

REzAR9n.pngdhssavV.png

You would not believe how happy this makes me. I know I said I didn't like having to kill Legance, but after spending so long trying, it's only normal I'd be relieved now that it's finally over, am I right?

78OZkmt.png

The General's death doesn't quite give Lot a full level. Or maybe it did, but he refused so as to spook me with this sight that every FE player abhors.

xvud9Tw.pngR20vT5b.pngdCxkIuh.pngkkkUW84.png

And thus, after getting the healers some experience...

MY24Xfc.png

The chapter is over.

NtA8H9y.png

Let's try not to say anything about that turn count, okay? I think it speaks for itself.

WVecGl8.pngATX0Rfm.png

Honestly, I think Lilina should've been the game's second Lord. But Intsys wasn't feeling brave enough, so she'll be getting the FE11!Hardin treatment.

ofhi4t7.png8JT7JHK.pngzkFxR5t.pnguaCSs6s.png

But not before being the cause of a sad scene.

gD70543.pngXHdNqcH.pngY0t2X19.png

The music changes here, it's that emotional.

VKEKkTk.pngwBO1p32.png89axacp.pngMnCjLWj.png

She's taking it remarkably well, though.

ZPocRIk.pnganCXggN.png

If only we had gotten there sooner, you guys would've been roasted with him by the Dragons. Just be thankful you could get to speak to him before he died.

UX6kWv2.png533pq7b.pngxvDxbOy.png

Barth's been keeping himself busy with the psychological advice, I see.

Y2N8Esn.pngIw08uR2.pngAKR9U4e.png

Not buying it, sorry.

rgFcaMA.png45IHl1S.png

Neither is Roy, so she finally gives in and lets all the tears go.

b5D8Vop.png

And so, on a sad note, the chapter finally ends.

Next time...

d9PZA0m.png

Billions of bilious barbecued blue blistering barnacles in a barrel located in Berdo's bell tower! AAAAAAAAAARGH!

8dGJDb6.png

I'm sorry if you suffered a heart attack there. Me, I don't think I'll survive today. I'm laughing so hard, I can't breathe at all! Send help! Send... heeelp... guuaaargh...!

Wolt
                        Deke
                        Lugh

Rutger
                        Noah
                        Clarine
                        Lance
                        Jerrot

*Discharged

On 1/11/2018 at 8:13 PM, Goddess Serra said:

I'd be number 3 but I just don't log in when looking at stuff on Youtube.

2 hours ago, Rubenio said:

She also has no durability to survive all the Archers.

Which is why I always make sure for her to be outside of range and not be attacked before she can run into Klein. It's not that hard thankfully

What, leave her in range of them? I'm not that daft.

Stop suckin' Clarine's cock!

...ew... fuck me sideways, that was awful...

Yes, yes that was.

I might give her a lot of credit, but I just always tend to have the troubadours turn out well (somehow excluding Priscilla), so they always get a bit more credit from me. Same for their characters too (Again, excluding Priscilla).

Either way, might as well bury this tangent.

From a gameplay perspective, I'd set a save state right before visiting either of the villages, but I can't trust myself not to press the key by mistake and lose all my progress. Maybe I'll do just that, but then move the save file somewhere else, so I still have it saved somewhere, but there's no risk of me fucking everything up as usual.

I may have mistakenly guessed that they were heading to the Western Isles. Seems I was wrong.

Plot-wise,

I heard this clip while the laptop was muted. Fitting choice.

Not much else of note happens. Other than the fact that whatever rooms are there at the bottom of those stairs must be as big as the rest of the castle combined.

Basements can be surprising sometimes.

I've lived in one, There can be a surprising amount of space.

flZlHL4.pngPV7b0RW.pngk8MDBWQ.png

Lilina killed something!

Barth just picks her up right after. Pfft.

Just see him saying something like "Now now, just because you electrified a man doesn't mean you can tank. Now watch as others tank better than I can."

mYMIToc.png

Blistering barnacles, Ogier, what did I tell you?! Way to dodge all the stats you need. HP is neat, I suppose, but you don't need all those other stats!

Eh, skill might be nice for axes if he promotes.

4n2rJGa.png

And now for the finisher!

The mage's mind right now.

TZfc5YP.png

It took 11 turns to hit him once.

IsScO7A.png

With Wade in range mind.

BB thrones for you.

cksRVGh.png

+8 HP. Jeez. This guy could probably take on Zephiel right now. He wouldn't hit him, or do any damage to him, but that's nothing a few levels can't fix.

If he had higher strength, I'd be jumping about it.

As is......

d9PZA0m.png

Billions of bilious barbecued blue blistering barnacles in a barrel located in Berdo's bell tower! AAAAAAAAAARGH!

This guy's next. Joy.

After 8x of course, we have the Battle Congregation of the 5 minus 2 armies. Wait that sounds disappointing.

2spookyAxeboys

Wrys's mastery of disguise continues! Remarkable!

I kind of hope Lilina turns out. She's one of my favorite mages in the franchise, right up there with Nino and Lute. Plus, since this is FE6, she's only okay, so it's not like she's too overpowered for you to like or anything! ...right?

You know, I really fucking hate myself sometimes. I go for two chapters splitting the updates up to make sure I can edit major fuck ups out, and the very second I go "well, I'm pretty sure this update is short enough", I make a big ass mistake and of course, I can't fucking edit it out.

It's all the fault of the tiny ass edit window. Because it's so tiny, and the spoilers make it even tinier, it's literaly impossible to place anything below a big image or a quote inside the spoiler, which results in me fucking everything up every time I try to make a joke.

God damnit all to hell. Fuck. Shit. Fuck.

Blistering barnacles.

I'll try to fix it now. But this double post is going to stay here to show the world that I am an idiot who can't edit worth beans.

Urgh.

EDIT: Oh, and as it turns out, I can't delete my posts. I mean, it's fair, I completely understand why that is, but that doesn't stop this from throwing some more salt in an already very salty wound.

I'm pissed. Good night, everyone.

Edited by Rubenio

o3nCDdg.pngTreck.

YuRnYJ7.pngCommander Jerrot. How is your head?

o3nCDdg.pngIt is fine... Treck, while you fought in the castle, I... found Noah.

YuRnYJ7.png...

o3nCDdg.pngHe did not survive the battle.

YuRnYJ7.png...

o3nCDdg.png...I'm done for. It may not seem like much, but... this wound has debilitated me. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to lift a lance again.

o3nCDdg.pngYou are the last hope of our group. Please, Treck. Don't let Noah's death... and my sacrifice... be in vain.

YuRnYJ7.png...I won't, commander.

o3nCDdg.pngThank you, Treck.

YuRnYJ7.png...may I go back to my nap now?

o3nCDdg.pngOf course. Go ahead.

YuRnYJ7.png...

o3nCDdg.png...I'm sorry, Noah... your death could've been avoided... if only I hadn't been so weak...

YuRnYJ7.png...Commander?

o3nCDdg.pngDon't worry about me, Treck. Keep on napping. It wouldn't do to be tired for the next battle.

YuRnYJ7.png...

Part 11 - 300 pictures of training and boss fighting. (4th attempt at pushing the update without being a complete fucking moron)

On 13/1/2018 at 6:43 PM, Dayni said:

I'd be number 3 but I just don't log in when looking at stuff on Youtube.

It counts. Three it is.

Which is why I always make sure for her to be outside of range and not be attacked before she can run into Klein. It's not that hard thankfully

What, leave her in range of them? I'm not that daft.

Well I am. I think you know that, by this point.

Yes, yes that was.

May I apologize again?

I might give her a lot of credit, but I just always tend to have the troubadours turn out well (somehow excluding Priscilla), so they always get a bit more credit from me. Same for their characters too (Again, excluding Priscilla).

Eh, you know me, I like challenging myself to using worse units, and Valkyries usually are better than most other healers. The glaring exception to this is L'Arachel, who is, of course, my favourite of the bunch.

I may have mistakenly guessed that they were heading to the Western Isles. Seems I was wrong.

Maybe...

I heard this clip while the laptop was muted. Fitting choice.

As a Medic main, I can safely say I absolutely love that clip.

I love TF2 in general. Who said one can't love fast-paced FPS and turn-based strategy games at the same time?

Basements can be surprising sometimes.

I've lived in one, There can be a surprising amount of space.

Was it your mommy's?

BWAHAHAHAH okay I had my fun, time to say sorry for the 1234252958269th time.

Barth just picks her up right after. Pfft.

Of course he does! What, you thought I'd leave her in range of the enemy?!

Just see him saying something like "Now now, just because you electrified a man doesn't mean you can tank. Now watch as others tank better than I can."

"But I wanted to fight the rebels too! I HATE YOU, BARF!"

"Good... good... let the hate flow through you..."

Oh, sorry, wrong Darth.

Hih hih hih...

Eh, skill might be nice for axes if he promotes.

He will. Definitely he ain't dying before promoting.

The mage's mind right now.

He dared face the terrifying Zalwade!

IsScO7A.png

Excellent.

With Wade in range mind.

BB thrones for you.

I still haven't gotten over the stupid throne right on top of the entrance stairs of the Ostian keep. Why?! Why the blistering barnacles was that there?!

If he had higher strength, I'd be jumping about it.

As is......

I did say he wouldn't do any damage to him, did I?

This guy's next. Joy.

See the title? Yep...

After 8x of course, we have the Battle Congregation of the 5 minus 2 armies. Wait that sounds disappointing.

Narcian's tongue is as sharp as Moulder's hairdo.

Which is flat. In case someone out there is as stupid as me Pretzel and didn't get the joke.

On 14/1/2018 at 1:49 AM, DestructionDragon360 said:

2spookyAxeboys

I have no idea why I did that, but I'm glad I did, honestly.

Wrys's mastery of disguise continues! Remarkable!

Of course! Did you really think I'd forget about that?

I kind of hope Lilina turns out. She's one of my favorite mages in the franchise, right up there with Nino and Lute. Plus, since this is FE6, she's only okay, so it's not like she's too overpowered for you to like or anything! ...right?

"Overpowered", are you kidding me? She's widely regarded as the worst Mage in the game, and one of its gameplay-wise worst units by virtue of her awful level, awful bases and awful non-magic growths!

Spoiler

OELlPqU.png

He probably will fail horribly. And by that, I mean I will.

K78RfER.pngOih4luQ.png

Nobody in the army can use it! Although, I suppose Narcian is likely to crap his pants at the mere sight of Armads Durandal... I don't think my cringy OC extremely well-written new villain will fall for that, though. He knows we can't use the thing.

REOsTTP.pngr6z4C04.pngMTsBFKJ.png

I don't know why, but that last sentence strikes me as odd. If they're already talking about "a legendary weapon", why isn't she showing us to a cave where "the" legendary weapon Hector spoke about is hidden? Am I making any sense? Is it just me?

5VIuMCG.png

More like the boss will be no small obstacle for Roy. Everything else about this chapter is just easy, really.

aWOaGFj.png

Here's the team we're bringing today. No espace for Marcus, sadly, but we won't be needing him. Lot'll do for the boss, and this chapter really doesn't require more than that.

ViEjK2s.png

Look, it's the world's crappiest map! I still refuse to steal assets from other LPers if it kills me. Therefore, we'll have to settle for this stupidity. It fits the rest of the LP, anyhow.

So, this map. The beginning is a little tricky if you try to take on the enemies to the west, but aside from that, this chapter is really easy. Most enemies are stationary until you step inside their range. This map serves as a way to train the Ostian scrubs more than anything else.

d9PZA0m.png

Except for this guy. He may not be as tanky as Legance, but he's faster, which makes him dodgier than the General of Elegance. overall, this guy is a huge asshole, and an extremely annoying obstacle to deal with. That said, however, he marks the beginning of the "actually not-bullshit bosses" era: nothing ever reaches this guy's level of unreasonably high power for his time of bossing generics around. That's one good thing in the ocean of crap that is this boss, at least.

A0AUEWq.pngOyWWWSv.pngCInrCmQ.png7qzPhlK.pngF37ojd5.png

Time for trading. Nothing too major, except for Wendy grabbing the slim lance. I won't spoil too much, but believe me, it'll serve her very well.

What, you didn't think I was serious when I said I'd use her? Hah hah hah hah! This game has far less ridiculously bad units than FE12, so we have to make do with what we've got. Which is Wendy.

Although, I think the fact that Wendy alone is worse than all of the bad FE12 filler combined more than makes up for that. Quality over quantity.

Z7mPfHC.png

One of the things I mentioned last LP is the fact that LPing FE12 made me analyze the game's story in more depth than ever before. The same thing is occurring here. For the better, most of the time, but this chapter physically hurt me because of how much it proved that IntSys blatantly ignored everything but the most basic plot lines of this game when writing FE7.

Yes, this is going to be an FE7 rant. I'm sorry, but believe me, it's deserved this time.

ZwkEsZK.png9A1uTRw.png6RbXbxw.png

No, it's not this. This is just Generic Bandit Banter. Henning doesn't look like much of a bandit, oddly, but who cares.

dvX6CNz.pngr61E5Hx.png

Nah, I want Wendy to get experience without getting the gruesome death she probably deserves at the same time.

yJMWwtS.png6tWeB29.png3TWPcWA.png

That's not a good strategy, Henning. Those things only do 10 damage. If anything, you'll help us by doing that, since it'll allow Saul to get more stats.

8RpYhJe.pngEVgv90w.png

Friendly reminder that this legendary weapon is Durandal. Not Armads. Durandal. Why? Because the obviously had to make the protagonist of the game a swordie. Even though in the trial maps of this game Eliwood has a higher rank in lances than swords, at S and A respectively.

Did the guys who made FE7 even know anything about FE6? Just askin'.

Still, this is just a nitpick. It's a bit wonky that they made Hector an axe Lord, forcing the writers to teleport him all the way to the isles via Athos to retrieve Armads when he had Durandal 10 minutes worth of walking away from his home, but it's nothing compared to what's coming later in the chapter.

FGKFqGt.png

But first, character development.

y9eSEfw.pngxcioFFD.png

Well said, Lilina. After this chapter, you will proceed to do that by running off to the western isles with Roy.

lk0Zg0Z.pngqg1WgRK.pngKqbyoi9.pngMmVT23s.png

Then Lilina shoves Roy out of the camera's line of sight so she can mumble to herself and make the players go "D'AWWWWWWWWWW". Roy is too nice to complain about almost being pushed into the lava by his childhood friend for no reason at all, though.

iFI5RRO.png

Yeah, you change the subject. I'm sure Roy won't have any objections about that.

rv0IJ8B.pnggMQJSqv.png

Ah, here we go.

So, in FE7, Eliwood took Durandal for himself (remember this, by the way, as it is the worst plothole of them all. More on that later), and the ghost of Georg even acknowledges him as resembling Roland. Meanwhile, Kaim, Armads' guardian, says Hector resembles Durban when he is defeated.

What I'm getting at is, Hector is a descendant of Roland, yet FE7 implies Eliwood is. Of course, it isn't confirmed, and FE6 disproves it, but people who haven't played FE6 asume FE7 is telling the truth, while in reality, it's deceiving them all!

In conclusion, FE7 fails. Again. And I don't like it. As I've made clear about five billion times in the past.

Let's move on now.

wuuLkYJ.png

Oh, and if you thought "hm, well maybe Ostia is a democracy! What do you have to say now?!"

Well, this. Just this. They couldn't have been any more direct.

ejqSN2m.pngJ6LR02C.png

Durrndl. Buttiful. I love not being a native english speaker sometimes.

F2r7AAC.pngO9jPPs5.pngm29lCG3.png

Well, I mean, what else would he do? Go to Nabata and hang out with Athos and Nergal?

AM204Ub.pngn0pPz8T.png

That's a metaphor. Please don't be christians and take this at face value now.

Also, please don't be christians and get triggered. We're here to have fun at my expense.

8tciMaD.pngv1frUg3.png

Like the power of being heavier than Eliwood and his horse combined.

2Tp0b0y.png

For some reason, all this talk of expectional powers and legends reminds Roy about the generic barbarians that exist in this cave to provide gameplay.

IG6AfgV.png6SESZRw.png

Are you ready, guys? The plothole is about to be unleashed.

9JYPS3A.png

Here we go.

Eliwood and Hector were established in FE7 not to be brothers, with Hector's parents being established as dead, while Eliwood's are both alive at the beginning of the game. Eliwood takes Durandal and gains a sort of mystical plot connection to it. Hector does not show up to remove it from its sheath for him.

And if you're thinking "hm, well maybe Athos had the ghost of Roland hand Durandal over to Eliwood! What do you have to say now?"

I'll let serenesforest speak for me. This is copypasted right from the script for ER!chapter 28, "valorous Roland".

Athos:
“Heed my words, Roland. This boy is descended from your blood. Please, lend him your strength.”

Roland:
“I…no longer have flesh and bone in this world. I cannot… No, wait. Take this. Its blade shall serve as a vessel for my soul’s strength.”

And you might be thinking "hm, well maybe Athos just lied to Roland! What do you have to say now?"

Eliwood:
“Lord Athos, who was that man?”

Athos:
“So you were able to see him, too? That was your ancestor, the warrior Roland.”

Yeah. There exist no arguments capable of changing this fact: The FE7 writers made a mistake! BWAHAHAHAH! I WON! I'M A BADAAAAAAAAASS!

And if you're thinking "hm, well maybe to err is human! What do you have to say now?"

Then--

17 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

Wolt
                        Deke
                        Lugh

Rutger
                        Noah
                        Clarine
                        Lance
                        Jerrot

*Discharged

On 3/12/2017 at 5:58 PM, Rubenio said:

Reset count: 18 (Pretzel: 7 - Marth: 4 - Chronicles: 8  - Fucking Nyna (her negative influence is to blame for every other death in the Beginning chronicle): 10)

Death count: Linde
                       Samto
                       Navarre

Arran
                       Norne
                       Roger
                       Cain
                       Wrys*

Frey
                       Cecille
                       Abel
                       Etzel
                       Sedgar
                       Wolf
                       Robert
                       Dice
                       Matthis**
                       Yumina
                       Ymir
                        PRETZEL

*Retreated.

**Honorably discharged.

AW, COME THE FUCK ON! LET ME WIN FOR ONCE! FUCK YOU!

Let's just keep going.

gMcRTPb.pnggHGnlLr.png

Woohoo! Let's just hope Narcian doesn't arrive to Ostia while we're at it.

But even then, I wouldn't worry too much. After all, we've got the world's most weirdly placed throne guarding the gate!

G0PrIk3.png

They're never getting past that!

Credit for the throne. I dig the drawing. Whoever you are, if you're reading this, nicely done! The rest, I found by googling "max stats Zephiel" and "laughing", respectively.

NFmgpTR.png

First off, Lilina can't fight independently yet.

NhrUq5h.pngFI5GQpY.png

So Treck gives her a hand.

8vZNLv9.png

Hoooohohohohohoh! I like where this is going, I like it very much! Keep this up, girl, and you may live up to your father yet!

pHT3fww.png

That's it. As I said earlier, these enemies are about the only ones placed carefully enough so that you can't just lure them in one by one. Or maybe I'm just dumb. Or both!

DuIbGn7.pngMQUx4MP.png

Actually, it's just that I'm dumb. I resigned to Ogier's inevitable death at the hands of my tremendous tomfoolery here.

jqfAwjf.png

As it turns out, the closest enemy, the Mage, couldn't quite reach him. Phew. I could've sworn he was in range...

Or maybe he just couldn't kill Ogier because of that resistance he got last chapter!

kNwahda.png

Nope, definitely not. We're just lucky everyone in the GBA games are slowpokes, unlike in DSFE *Vietnam flashbacks to 12 move Wyverns*

F4BMt2A.pngYiUSFxT.pngOCMNcxG.png

Lilina fails to chip down the Mercenary, so Dorothy and Sue tag team to do it instead.

31sdFzg.png

Shame. That kill would've been perfect for Wendy. But it's too dangerous to have her close enough to the action. So instead, the female Armor Knight moves Dorothy to safety.

Gf4dURB.pngQxz6bwW.png

And after some healing, courtesy of Saul, Ogier finishes off the Mercenary.

hCLpVfU.png

While everyone else does that, Roy will be facing the incoming Fighters. Sure, he gets 2-shot, but his dodge chance is really high. He certainly fares better than Wendy and Lilina.

TY6wgJa.png

Treck drinks some vulnerary, and we brace for impact.

LHukUNL.pngKyi2E9o.png

Roy does quite well! Good work, Milord!

6pvAfwo.pngUm7Y7qK.pngyGqFGul.png

Wade would've died if he got hit by the Fighter. I impress myself sometimes.

RNBUD3p.png

Wendy drops Dorothy off with the help of Sue.

vtDneln.pngfFfauvP.pngDd2MFxj.png

And now, time for some training!

8QQF7Aw.png

Hell yeah! Now that's one unforgettable level up for the master of forgettableness.

igNlhSr.png

Lot attacks the Myrmidon, because I really don't want that guy roaming around freely. God damnit! Although, to be fair, he is quite close to leveling up. The experience isn't entirely wasted.

HfAQvMR.png0c2mZkl.png

I swear to the RNGoddess, if Saul caps speed, I'm gonna laugh my ass off.

Yq9xevO.pngtMK9mNJ.png

There we go. Just a Fighter and a Mage. What could possibly go wrong now?

tj8i70W.pngL1F1Xof.pngV0iQQHW.png

I mean, they couldn't even kill Ogier if they both hit him.

VE6P6P3.png4r0mVba.png

Sue and Dorothy attempt to Jeigan this Fighter together. Dorothy misses, but it's okay.

15MkbLb.png

If there's something Lilina's got going for her, it's power. She doesn't need that much chip damage to be fed kills.

HrRX76O.png

This is the reason I'm not feeding any kills to Wendy just yet. Like I said, the first part of the chapter has all the enemies nearby charging at the army, so it's hard to set up a perfectly safe situation for the world's worst unit to be spoon-fed experience.

q3Lq9oZ.png

Therefore, Ogier cuts the Mage open in her stead.

Vai7LYN.png

I must say, I miss Frost. When it was him doing all the boring healing, I could at least make up frosty puns and call it a day. Saul, however, is not a very punnable name.

I guess he's... putting his saul and heart into his job?

Good enough.

CaFxSiU.pngMejrazf.pngXMt7qRd.png

Roy dances with the Fighers' handaxes for one more turn before running behind Lot. You did well, Roy, but I want Wendy to get kills.

njH94XJ.pnghYYNsdJ.png

Okay, then. Lot--

TG04Cny.pngs21o1TG.png

Sorry, Roy lures the Fighters closer to the army.

Foolish enemies... they have fallen right into my trap! IN AMERICA!!

jCLWfdU.png

Small victories. Small victories.

4feoADx.png7Na8Bz1.png

Is this it? Will this be Wendy's first kill of the chapter?

qgvtBJC.png

Nope.

WxCs77h.png

Hey, that is doable! I just need to chip him down to 4 HP as well.

lMpszmG.png

Ergh...

SxgnvIK.png

Okay, good.

pIQLc4S.png

...wow. We've already profited from this Fighter, whether Wendy does get the kill in the end or not.

O2NMgHJ.pngpKapV28.png

It's been a while since Roy last got a kill, and he's behaved very well thus far into the chapter, so I reward his efforts with a level up. Not too bad.

K2HwE62.pngGAtL9kE.png

Perfect.

WhyDtOA.png

That's it. The chapter is pretty much a walk in the part from this point on to the confrontation with Henning. And that's not as challenging as it is horribly annoying.

PUw0jmx.pngvGXOlNA.png

We move forward until, no, I haven't fucked up once again. I actually planned this move out carefully.

qsWbmU4.pngKKQFPPv.pngOFtjnLd.png

I knew the Archer couldn't kill Lilina, and then with some help from Dorothy...

zyyl0XU.png

Don't let me down, Gwendolyn!

cC8zNoL.png

Hm. Pretty good. But you've got a long way to become good. An extreeeeeeeeeemely long way.

4cKRV0x.pnguqMlehM.png

In case you didn't notice, there was another Archer just a little behind the one that just bit the dust. Better take care of him.

54f6AvQ.png

I thought that maybe Wade would be able to Jeigan this Mage while the others took care of the Archer, but nope. He's far too strong. Jeez.

mvMQMyx.pngjz0Blld.png

Dorothy! Stop this at once!

yeZC8Uh.png

Uhhh!

EY9b9dy.png

Now that was perfect.

p8lUoUg.png

I haven't pointed out this yet because it wasn't necessary, but this chapter features these things. They do ten damage and are completely useless for the most part. Unlike their FE7 counterparts, which only triggered if something was standing on them, and always did if that was the case, here a few picked at random are always set off at the end of the enemy phase.

qJR96SL.pngJmLz48h.png02uf1lg.png

That's it for the turn. Don't worry about Gwen, nobody can reach her.

y01Oy23.pngMbdTN9L.png

They can reach Lot, though. Because I'm an idiot, I used him as bait, but forgot to unequip his handaxe, resulting in the Fighter's death. He didn't even get a level up! He's 1 point away from doing so, though, so expect a Lot level up very soon.

T4TNqlP.pngUkMHNlk.png

Don't expect to see Wendy getting any Mage kills in this chapter. She doesn't have enough skill and luck to reach a perfect hit chance, and Mages demolish her more than anything else.

tRaweFj.pngMWiK39P.png

While on the subject of Wendy, feast your eyes with this unbelievable occurrence!

icKxFXK.png

Wendy is going to tank. Joy.

LR1rKHj.png

Would you believe I spent like a full minute thinking this over, doing all the math to ensure she wouldn't get critted, and making sure nothing else could reach her, and still had my doubts? That's Wendy for you. Even when you know for a fact that she isn't going to die, you still fear for her life.

mvltIMB.pngUdgIntz.pngf7qQ4pa.pngHh2xTJ6.png

Dorothy pulls off yet another unlikely miss (maybe she inherited Lot's powers of only hitting when the hitrate is low after he promoted?), so the Ostians team up to defeat the Mercenary.

DkVcg28.pngbeo0CZA.pngVZuGwUI.pngq8aYMG5.png

And after some miscellaneous shenanigans, Wade places himself on the edge of the next enemy's range.

1L1H2P1.png

It doesn't work so well, but that was to be expected. Fighting swordies isn't Wade's forte.

yXDCA8K.png6AjJ8vZ.png

Don't worry, man. I'm not letting you die. Lilina, you're up. Weaken the enemy!

YPvANYU.png

It's time to prove whether Dorothy inherited Lot's curse or not.

BC51RhY.png

Yep, she did.

mky6kdF.png

God dangit. She's going to turn this streak of bad levels around, I'm sure of it!

cjyyeWQ.png0nrTuRh.png

That'll be another level for Wendy.

c0Zo7vu.png

Speed, Wendy. The fact that you haven't gotten a single point yet is quite embarrassing. But not as much as your base. Now, that is awful.

7uetZ9U.pngH945UoW.pngfYGsuJp.pngeNKvvUJ.png

I know this strategy is really boring. But with these scrubs, I ain't taking no risks. One enemy at the time keeps the risk of death away.

6OMyz3n.pngjlvyCFS.pngfZMaLJS.png

Not to mention, the enemies of this chapter are placed precisely to encourage this playstyle.

fYzlKUu.pngiZspRpN.png

Lot is healed for the experience. Sault keeps on getting speed and nothing else. Meh. Still, he's got time. 6 levels to go, and promoting him early isn't really useful, since the first chapter where light tomes are obtainable is chapter 11, so there's no hurry.

xkrGtXB.png

Before we continue, it's time for another support conversation.

lHSOEFd.pngrGORVJw.png

You're in the middle of a battle!

YHRmfWr.pngc3ptphD.png5ApfSz3.png

Even Wendy? I admire your commitment, Saul.

45rkBSh.pngqCjFwN3.png

Hah! He's seriously trying the same excuse again?

fHspSjC.png9rD4JbT.pngMcUWSoC.png

Sadly for the perverted man of the cloth, Dorothy does not have alzheimer's.

rcEFBx1.pngIj50pTC.pngpVe7EDr.png

Bwahahahahah. Amazing. I love these two.

wMxIydX.pngOi9rxI6.png

Remember what I said about liking Saul better than Sain and the other pervy characters because unlike them, he knows he's an asshole but doesn't care?

Yeah, case in point, this.

IdS4aMM.png1oPbxg1.png

If this was any other JRPG, where the church is always evil, I'd say they wouldn't be quite off the mark, but this is Yodel's church. Saul is the antithesis of Yodel.

Taking this into account, she's definitely got a point there, Saul. What do you have to say for yourself?

SLMS8Jb.pngtmzhmT0.png

Manipulative, perverted, self-indulgent, snarky, delusional... this guy is amazing.

ETORklA.png4BXyGKL.pngG3cPT16.png

I can just imagine Dorothy's voice cracking as she grinds her teeth and pulls her hair out, desperately fighting the urge to smite the wicked Saul and plunge him into the fiery pit.

labeOnt.png

Instead, she settles for that.

oS52raH.png

"Oh, Dorothy... why won't you let a man have his fun? God wouldn't have given me a penis if he didn't want me to use it..."

tzV7SZU.png

Ogier gifts a giant white gnome hat to this Fighter.

r9gUOJY.png

His generosity is rewarded with a crap level up. He's supposed to have a low skill growth! How is he getting so much of it?

W9PhdjN.png

And Lilina does the honours.

8ujgb9Y.png

Lilina.png

SkNomFq.png3YDyrhN.pngXJL5D7E.png

More of this.

ybnRX7G.png

Pffft! The unfortunate guy is brought to 2 HP by his group's so-called "advantage". Now we won't even have to chip him down to feed him to Wendy!

ug4v8nY.png

Baaah. I guess it was bound to happen eventually.

FDIreka.pngOl5LyKr.pngsSpMihc.png

Lilina takes the kill instead. I'm pretty sure if Wendy is fully healed (and she is, thanks to Saul), she'll be able to take on that Mercenary, even though he's stronger than the others.

JqyMxhe.png

Scratch that, he's completely stationary. Good!

soCH6Od.png0HdCDKC.png

Good thing, too, since this asshat is quite strong.

NWW3pfl.pngTXAyz6s.pngyQ0bmVJ.png

He's no match for Reck, though.

E0VdPs4.png

All things considered, I should probably be showing these. But they aren't that important. The only one that really changed anything was Saul getting a high enough staff rank to use the physic staff we got in chapter 7, and even then it's not like we're going to be using it for a while.

KNoMNmw.pngIiTJ21H.png

There we go, another kill for Wendy.

OccPlV5.pngilZne5j.png

Ogier takes a couple turns to move forward and do some Fighter baiting, as he has been doing all chapter.

MYDdWG7.png

By now, he's an expert at the job.

nZaofu9.pngbCsBaNI.png

Well, can't complain about Wendy getting stats. When you need more of every single stat, anything is good. But I'd rather you got more stats per level. Think you can do that, Gwen?

pJmHqT9.pngTRTDVf9.pngxwsyrVZ.pngj7GkCRl.png

For now, let's get you another kill. In... exactly the same way as the last one. And the one before. And the one before that one.

Uv87PIU.png

Hm. I don't think so... her chance of hitting is over 50%.

ZbeXkZ1.png

Yeah, 'twas too much to ask.

03IC5o6.png

Okay, that's it. Thanks for the help, Sue. Time for W--

zdShiKL.png

Ogier to get another kill.

Irbz6tS.png

There we go.

z3TL58R.pngS0Y4Pvz.pngijv47i2.png

Saul gets busy as we approach the second hard-ish part of this really easy chapter.

qUsPGm5.png

As you can see, none of these guys do move. Not at first.

PiQbKGb.png

Then there's this guy. The Myrmidon behind him has an armorslayer, too, so even if we had a competent Knight to tank the crit, it would be dangerous to use him.

CXbwiGQ.png

So instead, I employ my overpowered promotee.

1Pjj70K.png

Defense! Excellent. I don't care if you have no strength to speak of: get over 20 points of defense and you'll have gained my respect. Besides, who cares about the lack of strength? Stronger weapons can remedy that.

q4ox6L7.pngpeWMbYG.png

Then I realise this asshole might gain the ability to move freely now that I've played Lot next to him, and start fearing for Wade's life.

qcxxcX8.pngWDc38Pr.png

Unfounded fears, as it turns out.

Jkd9Ag0.pngvnEUMY0.pngjqOm2It.png

And down he goes.

j8UfDPN.pngDeNlBeu.png

Here, have some heals for your efforts.

XsUS3I6.pngImHoHK2.png3PynewW.png

Man, going over these actions I did a few days ago... I really was paranoid, was I not? Although after chapter 7, I think it's understandable.

mjvAfR4.pngc7MFysc.png

The Archer's toast.

IHg0rab.png

Wow, Lilina is determined to show up everybody who doubted her back when we lost Lugh. Keep it up! I believe in you! Surpass your father!

D6YP927.pngI5nUXkH.pnggDSKpmq.png

Now, we're about to get to the weird part of this skirmish.

dXtIGHP.png

Yeah, for some reason, they're starting to move ahead to attack us. Why now, of all times? Half of your little group is down!

ZqOYo60.png

And the Mage didn't bother. I don't get it.

RKHb9AF.pngNuOdxei.png

Guess that definitely proves Henning continues Legance's trend of being a strong boss, but a complete failure of a tactician.

Speaking of failures, for whatever reason I made everyone retreat, hoping Wade wouldn't hit and kill the Myrmidon. Was it so hard to use Lilina? It's not like Wendy can hope to survive against an armorslayer Myrmidon if she were to miss.

RhN5xr5.pngrpO1AjU.png

However, everything went my way, so no harm done.

7lyoWCS.png

...still no harm done.

KmfYTPG.png

Yeah, what was I thinking?

4F8tSxK.png

Uh...

Wow, that actually bears a striking resemblance to Munch's scream.

hxcMVRO.png

Not bad, but could you please stop getting skill and get strength and defense? Pretty please? Blistering barnacles, you're the one guy in my army who does not need skill, and yet you're the only one who is getting it with any sort of consistency! With a 30% skill growth! Why is this happening?!

34p57ek.png

Sigh let's just get our scumbag of a healer some experience.

APU6mCR.pngi5PBSm9.png

Okay, and now...

p1cQMLE.png

Reck was close to getting a level up, so I figured, why not? There are still a couple Fighters left before Henning, might as well spare this kill for an actually good unit.

kT2tEaH.png

Good. He could use the speed.

6HYv6rg.png

Very well, time to move forward!

v00DW51.png

Come overhere! I promise Saul will heal you!

yTVrS3x.png

Uh... bollocks, he didn't buy it.

ucLyodf.pngAhGteYg.png

Come on, you know you wanna come closer.

0HKolSa.png

Blistering barnacles, you're so annoying!

rA5KCtT.png

A thousand filibusters, attack us already, you guano gatherer! Profiteer! Hi-jacker! Kleptomaniac! Swine! Psychopath! Dunderheaded coconut! Black-beetle!

f3WKIY6.png

Very well, then. Since you're so unwilling to comply... we shall go on the offensive!

2bnW65w.png

Have at you!

K9xR5Yx.png

And down he goes! Dorothy is also quite close to leveling up. Some chipping should do it.

HoA4572.png6wKhNOt.pngiw47vEZ.png

But first, Henning's bodyguards.

f6efq3d.png9cP2ymg.png

They're a joke.

n6beCaD.pngodoIQQY.png

Finally, speed! Great level. Keep it up.

IcJD5ft.pngSQ1VZYd.pngU20fZgL.png

And that's it. Only Henning is left!

...wait... that means...!

Crap, only Henning is left! It's time for the boss battle! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

jgBNKoI.pngWiBg8r2.pngV465X3D.png

He even has a really long battle quote. It's almost as if he knows we're going to be here for a long ass time, and wants to lengthen it as much as he can.

UdkZUoY.pngirma8ab.png

We do this for three turns until Dorothy gets the 3 points of experience she needed to get in order to level up.

eGBFcC5.png

Great! A few more of these, maybe with some speed, and you'll be good.

9ltMkQQ.png

And then... uh...

34Fae1F.png

Er... how am I going to do this...

jQdxIf3.pngfrFHex9.pngmcokVdF.png

Okay, strategy time! Lot will try to hit Henning critically. It's going to take ages, but unless everything I know about statistics is wrong, we're bound to do it at some point!

kN8X4hX.png

Also, I'm kinda ashamed to admit that it took me like 40 turns to do the whole chapter. But hey, it was worth it. The Ostian trio is up to speed now. Uh, more or less.

nA7MOzO.png

Better keep Lot healed up. If he dies to Henning, I swear to God...

I swear to God, we'd have to restart, because he'd be unbeatable.

fkJSfE1.pngRu3b0IR.pngvh1nIHQ.png7tQULk4.png

You would not believe how happy I was when, just a couple minutes after the 44th turn, without having to RNG abuse or anything, Lot did the helicopter dance! Amazing! I knew I could count on you, Lot!

Aqmu96N.png

And now, the race to give him the coup de grâce before he heals up begins!

hNF1v3c.png

We failed.

Pf3NEy0.pngISbLgMe.png

Lot manages to get another hit in, though. We're still good, but not for long...

It was at this point that I had an idea.

Lg51GrE.png

Hey, it ain't much, but it's an improvement. 50% is a much more manageable hitrate. Not to mention, this is Dorothy's bow. Between Lot's power as the original bearer of the curse, and the new bearer's jinxed bow, every single arrow's going to land on Henning's sorry ass!

8QwgK81.png

Ergh, after this one. This one was just warmup.

oDaOe2s.png

Well, if I had to sit through it, you will, too. Legance was a different story. Not even I sit through the whole thing.

RVGCU3c.png

Oh my God, he's going to cap speed. I also appreciate the other stats, he badly needs defense, but... wow. Move out of the way, Clarine, Saul's the true master of dodging!

aK2FQOx.png

Lot!

e7Pz6QY.png

Good.

ZJuNgEu.png

Gooder!

z0zH95A.png

Gaah!

Bpm4cMd.pngOa4nEzV.pngEPQovuZ.png

This is so pathetic. We're struggling to keep some random, throwaway boss in low health.

lbe7zKp.pngrqMU6ym.png

Damnit Lilina, now I wish you'd gotten some more skill... but alas, your name is not Oujay OJ Ōje Ogma Ogier.

Still, I might have an idea to speed things up...

WCdaoAn.png

Yep, she's been building up her support with Wendy all chapter. Ogier, sadly, fell pray of the 120 support points limit FE6 has. I just wish I'd done this last chapter, though. We'd have an even higher hitrate now. Oh, well, no point in crying over spilled milk.

ly19Npd.pnglaEzEEc.png

You're barely more durable than her. I don't think so.

ZBTfKUy.pngTPNW2we.pngARMCd6g.png

She has 9 defense. I can't be too heavy.

ZgN00U5.pngSeYZRNZ.png

Aha... What a story, Wendy.

H9kB26K.pngDciGRiG.png

That's it? Eh, not very good, but about par for the course when it comes to Gwen.

hVQAtEp.png

Oh, never mind, Lilina insists in socializing with Wendy for some reason.

aMmzOXV.pnge3bdkWb.png

..."did"...

pHCKazH.png

Argh, no dice.

94xmu1g.png87zAckm.png

Baaah! Come now, Wendy, be more supportive! I know you're Wendy, but it's for the sake of the mission! Barth would agree with me!

ZzrsmIB.png

Thankfully, Lot's on the case.

LfOXqSf.pngl4eEie9.png

He's so close, but at the same time, so far from the Reaper's embrace...

Ap1Bjmb.png

Eh, res is okay. But I'd like strength.

944bKzZ.pngwcmy7Jl.pngM6CmobL.png

Screw you, Henning!

uQqnQEI.png

Don't you come to add insult to injury!

mFwESmv.pngrdzFMk5.pngYaPj94S.pngqK9AJJl.png

This happens as usual. Except this time, Lot doesn't fare quite as well.

gOtuZYS.png

He's back to low health. Again.

qSy5B1V.png

Yes! Yes! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES! I'M A BADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASS!!!

fTXIDDQ.png

Come now, don't be so pessimistic, man! At least you were harder to take down than...

4iLJdto.png

...Legance?

Nope! Actually, it took us way less to defeat this guy. Mostly because this time, Lot was actually promoted from the get go, and we got really lucky with the hits there (it could perfectly have taken much longer), but still, the fact is that Henning wasn't as ridiculously time-consuming as Legance.

3OyPjPt.png

Before we proceed, here's the Lilinest Lilina level to have ever been... Lilined... level...? urrrrrrk...

h7jBRDi.png

Moving on.

jV1a7Xz.pngo3ytwju.png8FVRmWo.png

None of us, actually.

JkRgkkq.png35qBhjD.pngJhvxVFO.png

Nah. You've got the Binding Blade. But, I should hush myself.

PeLwlo9.png

That's spoilers.

BdlvoSJ.pngTVpuJwx.pngNBVy6cv.png

Roy, damnit, you're NOT getting to use the Durandal, and that's final! Now shut up and let the plot advance!

XlHa8Va.png

There we go. We'll be checking this beauty out later.

MgVdmyq.pngnHE3Jnw.png

Right now, however, we haven't the time to inspect fancy weapons! Trouble is inbound!

b7ZZ2CT.png

And so, Roy leaves the rest of the army behind to confront Narcian.

9KXDTHQ.png

8zmBnNq.png

YSmpUFJ.pngLxyaBfm.png

ucu43ma.pngCmlriAk.png

4UBNGh7.pnglOpcDFR.png

o3T0s12.pngaHg4L5v.png

In the end, Narcian did laugh at Legance. I bet he's turning over in his grave right now.

EmEp1Of.png

Eh. Decent line, but it's no "you are just a corpse who does not know he is dead!". Still, you tried, Narcian. Kudos to you for that.

uz264xJ.png5JUdmWE.png

I commend your bravery, Roy, but may I remind you that you left your army behind at the cave?

cJwhCVy.pngV2lGieF.png

What group? I can't see anyone!

qa8D8fE.pngzPoywMO.png

But just as things are about to go south...

VLJsr36.png3vRD0vV.png

Help arrives!

6KGhWgK.png

And I mean a LOT of help.

ft1pOmZ.pnglFGXB5g.png

I must say, I like how Narcian apparently didn't leave anybody to guard the rear that could warn him of Etruria's arrival before they were right in front of him.

E8EVqOU.pngpHg6dlE.png4X33prQ.png

Poor Narcian is dumb.

Sorry, dumbstruck. I meant to say he's dumbstruck.

...dumbass...

eKoVW94.pngXZDyqdJ.png

Look, it's one of Roy's possible wives! And perhaps the most implausible. She's quite the badass, character-wise. Stat-wise, well, I prefer to think that her horrible bases and growths were caused by the events that will take place down the line, and that she was a powerhouse before that.

0A63Vh8.pngPJV4HFK.pngRsinlHj.pngXjZXSYv.png

YOUYOUYOUYOYOYUYOUYOUYOYUYOUYOYUOYUYOYYOUYOYUOYUYOUYOUYOYUYOYUOYYUYUOUYOYUOYUYOUYOYUYOUYOUOYUYOUYOYUOYUYUYOUYOYOYUYOUYOYUOYOU

OU5w0lI.pngdAYKy52.png4fUkeda.png

Perceval could probably take on Narcian at base, and then there's Cecilia and everyone else backing them up.

pzXd5kv.png

Yeah, you'd do well to, Narcy.

82Mw8jx.pngk3xp96B.pngGFWMZ49.png

And thus, Narcian leaves his army behind. They do their best to keep up, but since he's got one more point of movement, they can't really.

g3y0KZ0.pngMMG0o8q.pngraB2hAm.png

RkWAf2q.pngmMXqhQk.pngwin2gdq.png

I love how poor Roy can't handle Perceval's manliness.

V5xuINm.pngEJ4LIkp.pngdj9vAbk.png

Perceval is a nice enough guy. I mean, he's obviously just reciting this, but at least he said it.

gp6UTjY.png97OfcPF.png

Hey, the stupid throne was on the case! Don't underplay its efforts, or it shall terminate you!

QDGN66M.pngxoe0HX3.pngPDU48K4.pngMA8nKT5.png

Wait, she had the time to oppose Mordred's committee of corrupt asshats and convince him to send her, Perceval and a bunch of troops here in the time it took Roy to capture Ostia and retrieve Durandal?

Then again, it took us over a hundred turns to beat Legance into submission. I guess it does make sense. Maybe they made the last two bosses so stupidly evasive in order for the story to make the slightest sliver of sense.

MA8nKT5.pngtjLKzh9.png

I can just imagine one of those Cavaliers behind Perceval pointing at his wrist with an impatient look on his face.

ywRnV8I.png7tpI8gY.png

Apparently, Etruria calls Perceval, but Cecilia is not needed.

G7dDM7c.png0PFP3sR.png

Yeah, his stats are through the roof. I understand why you'd be so flustered.

qAFfcB5.pngPMPuVP4.pngFnPEawa.png

He just defeated the rebels of Ostia, Legance and De Beers (yes, I just wanted an excuse to say De Beers again), an overpowered Hero, and claimed a legendary weapon. I think he's bound to be more than "a little" tired.

ZacRpbI.png

Narcian may be an idiot, but he would wipe the floor with all but one of our units at this point, and I'm not even sure about Lot. It definitely would've been, ahem, "a calamity".

TNtmLx1.pngNXOHCEj.pngOLcKlyd.pngQlE0BTu.png

Of course it would. It's always nice to have a vassal state.

RaamBZF.png

However, Roy is too dense to realize that, and Cecilia is most likely not allowed to speak of those matters with Roy, so...

lvjTNQK.pngrWjelZr.pngKHtgRdf.png

So she just makes up a cute story to make Etruria seem not awful.

cYou1k9.pngRfonZvM.pngU5mYEpQ.pngF2xf9aW.png

Cecilia is adequately modest, of course, but when you really think about it... Roy is really lucky to have a friend in Etruria's government.

Seriously, let's talk about it for a minute. It benefits Etruria to save Lycia, sure, but it would've benefited them even more to let the Lycian army be decimated before jumping in to "save them". Then they could just more or less annex Lycia and nobody would be able to oppose them, with both Hector and Roy gone, and the country in a state of chaos.

Bottom line, Cecilia is the most decent human being in Etruria and it's a good thing she exists, awful stats be damned.

e4iTOiY.pngZcyq3eK.png

Yeah, let's go see them. Maybe they've managed to make it back from the cave already!

lgRw9qk.pngK4DYxnz.pngxBO1AnM.png

No, IntSys, throwing this line in does not make the fact that this lady might end up marrying him any less unreasonable or out of character.

ObtuiNv.png

And thus, the first story arc of FE6 comes to an end. Next time, we commence our treck on the western isles. I'll be seeing you guys then!

FqM1rjc.png

v0ByYSf.png2nW3VZo.png

qwBtw3C.png

41gtms0.png

VV5rG7V.pngypVNMcZ.png

rQlOZ29.png

V9JrXQB.png

0Z9HLDG.png

osgt9Et.png

27Hh8oU.pngITH2DHg.png

PRnrq5C.png

bHKxYv2.pngsalT1LY.png

a7qFXYD.png6796QvW.pngrHnsZxg.png

ItVLv5C.png

monQKPV.pngwUKeNpq.png

UujGBSl.png

OXLWULn.pngk6SSNg2.png

iAVoL3w.pngbqmNskO.png

pTDwIZh.pngJvrpWA0.png

PflL1Kl.png

2hMwyxM.png

JdDBaul.pngITxyhHG.png

e0gd9I5.png

mH12UyI.png

qdK4X3A.png

dsE4QY2.png

uvVpnfI.png

jIccMQL.png

MP7oCAj.pngswnvi0d.png

xFxsIvG.pngERIEW2q.png

S0tzD8e.png

y9QF2mT.pngnhXebhB.png

dxNSPKc.pngR9Atudj.pngTRP3Gpi.png

4D83ogt.png

xTVRoAF.png

xNpWbon.png

To be continued

Wolt
                        Deke
                        Lugh

Rutger
                        Noah
                        Clarine
                        Lance
                        Jerrot

*Discharged

21 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

YuRnYJ7.png...

Poor Treck.

Being the only member of the troop left who can fight, having to see Jerrot break down and all the expectations that arise out of that.

I just hope he doesn't die too, he's another unit I like a lot from this game.

As a Medic main, I can safely say I absolutely love that clip.

I love TF2 in general. Who said one can't love fast-paced FPS and turn-based strategy games at the same time?

I do something similar when I play it: It's either Medic or Heavy, with the rare dive into something like Engineer.

Narcian's tongue is as sharp as Moulder's hairdo.

I wonder what other insults could work like that.

4 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

"Overpowered", are you kidding me? She's widely regarded as the worst Mage in the game, and one of its gameplay-wise worst units by virtue of her awful level, awful bases and awful non-magic growths!

......You clearly forget that Hugh's the worst regarded (certainly outside of Hard), for similar reason, his later appearance and that you have to pay to get him.

Although, I think the fact that Wendy alone is worse than all of the bad FE12 filler combined more than makes up for that. Quality over quantity.

Yes, Quality. In a sense.

9JYPS3A.png

Here we go.

Eliwood and Hector were established in FE7 not to be brothers, with Hector's parents being established as dead, while Eliwood's are both alive at the beginning of the game. Eliwood takes Durandal and gains a sort of mystical plot connection to it. Hector does not show up to remove it from its sheath for him.

And if you're thinking "hm, well maybe Athos had the ghost of Roland hand Durandal over to Eliwood! What do you have to say now?"

I'll let serenesforest speak for me. This is copypasted right from the script for ER!chapter 28, "valorous Roland".

Athos:
“Heed my words, Roland. This boy is descended from your blood. Please, lend him your strength.”

Roland:
“I…no longer have flesh and bone in this world. I cannot… No, wait. Take this. Its blade shall serve as a vessel for my soul’s strength.”

And you might be thinking "hm, well maybe Athos just lied to Roland! What do you have to say now?"

Eliwood:
“Lord Athos, who was that man?”

Athos:
“So you were able to see him, too? That was your ancestor, the warrior Roland.”

Yeah. There exist no arguments capable of changing this fact: The FE7 writers made a mistake! BWAHAHAHAH! I WON! I'M A BADAAAAAAAAASS!

And if you're thinking "hm, well maybe to err is human! What do you have to say now?"

Then--

I'm only doing the rebuttal now as all the info's on the table. Okay, let me explain why that conclusion is wrong.

It's also established in BS that pretty much all the marquesses are descended from Roland, which makes sense when you consider it's been 1000 years since the Scouring and Roland likely expanded the domain of Lycia from Ostia, which explain's Ostia's prominence. From there, marriage between the houses makes sense and is something to pass the time I guess. 

To be fair, this does not say that other Lycians would be unworthy of wielding Durandal as well, so that's one plothole. It also doesn't explain why only Eliwood is allowed wield Durandal, but the beta data shows Lyn was able to swing Durandal around as well. In other words, Eliwood being the only wielder in BS is the result of gameplay, not story.

Kaim, unlike Roland, seems to not be a dick and restrict the weapon to bloodlines either, meaning Hector earns his weapon by might making right. The exclusivity also is a bit nonsensical there, especially with BB having units need S rank for them rather than being x unit.

8 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

8vZNLv9.png

Hoooohohohohohoh! I like where this is going, I like it very much! Keep this up, girl, and you may live up to your father yet!

Arguably better because the enemies usually have bad res.

10 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

Vai7LYN.png

I must say, I miss Frost. When it was him doing all the boring healing, I could at least make up frosty puns and call it a day. Saul, however, is not a very punnable name.

I guess he's... putting his saul and heart into his job?

That's the holy spirit!

12 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

pIQLc4S.pngpKapV28.png

Potential power couple?

I'm fine with this.

I can just imagine Dorothy's voice cracking as she grinds her teeth and pulls her hair out, desperately fighting the urge to smite the wicked Saul and plunge him into the fiery pit.

Deus Vult!

(Alternate lines included Dies Irae, but I thought it was too on the nose.)

oS52raH.png

"Oh, Dorothy... why won't you let a man have his fun? God wouldn't have given me a penis if he didn't want me to use it..."

I swear, that's what lead Bishop Casey to having that kid and keeping it secret for years.

(Ah yes, jokes that only people from one country will get. I'll be perfect for this format if I finish)

8ujgb9Y.png

Lilina.png

I may have been wrong.

19 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

Man, going over these actions I did a few days ago... I really was paranoid, was I not? Although after chapter 7, I think it's understandable.

Anyone would be paranoid after that chapter to be fair.

23 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

qa8D8fE.pngzPoywMO.png

But just as things are about to go south...

BOOOO Don't claim your boss's kills man!

No wonder Narcian hurts my thoughts on Zephiel as well.

6KGhWgK.png

And I mean a LOT of help.

The congregation arrives!

Even Margaret and Humphery are there!

Look, it's one of Roy's possible wives! And perhaps the most implausible. She's quite the badass, character-wise. Stat-wise, well, I prefer to think that her horrible bases and growths were caused by the events that will take place down the line, and that she was a powerhouse before that.

But, but, Hot for Teacher!

Course, I find it ridiculous, but Roy's FE's first harem king. He needs the older one in his list of cliche brides.

OU5w0lI.pngdAYKy52.png4fUkeda.png

Perceval could probably take on Narcian at base, and then there's Cecilia and everyone else backing them up.

Perceval could likely solo Narcian's band of warriors alone.

Perceval makes everything better. So he's going to be on your bench.

Wait, she had the time to oppose Mordred's committee of corrupt asshats and convince him to send her, Perceval and a bunch of troops here in the time it took Roy to capture Ostia and retrieve Durandal?

Then again, it took us over a hundred turns to beat Legance into submission. I guess it does make sense. Maybe they made the last two bosses so stupidly evasive in order for the story to make the slightest sliver of sense.

They had to find some way right? I mean, the three maps shouldn't be that much time.

Maybe they were on the border anyway.

ywRnV8I.png7tpI8gY.png

Apparently, Etruria calls Perceval, but Cecilia is not needed.

Again, Perceval's bases.

V9JrXQB.png

Humphrey's Missingno!

29 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

xTVRoAF.png

xNpWbon.png

On that grim note we end the first arc of BB. So now we have to wonder how Marcus will react to this guy. I mean Ruben's not the most liked by him before now and I don't see Cecilia being that sympathetic either for some reason.

Least it's good for filling in the timeskip time.

To be honest, I really like Narcian as a secondary villain. He manages to be imposing and hilarious at the same time.

Edited by KnightOfNohr

I'm surprised to hear the general opinion of Lilina is low. Unlike Wendy, Lilina is a ranged unit, so her defenses are much less vital to her usability, and unlike Sophia, the chapter she joins in (but in this case, more so the chapter following it) is very easy for her to grind in.

Plus, her best stat is easily the best stat for a mage to have! What she lacks in speed she easily makes up for in her capacity to nuke the enemy. Even her relatively low skill is compensated by Anime tomes' high hit, something Sophia will never have.

2KXjEwj.pngPlease, both of you, try to remember... what happened, exactly?

zO38ZmV.pngHow many more times must I tell you this? One moment he was standing in front of me, about to be consumed by my spell, and the next he was behind me and Sid, striking Ruben in the head.

2KXjEwj.pngSpeaking of whom, where is the soldier, Sid?

zO38ZmV.pngHe ran off with Sir Marcus to try and find the spy.

2KXjEwj.pngI see. What about you, Margaret? What happened when you found the spy?

Qnb2IuC.pngSame as father Wrys: we had him cornered, then I blinked, and he'd slaughtered my forces and wounded me. I don't even know why he spared me...

zO38ZmV.png...he wanted to prove his power. To show you, in your last moments, that you stood no chance against him.

Qnb2IuC.pngBastard... it's a good thing you came and rescued me. I guess that means we're even from the time you impersonated me.

zO38ZmV.pngIt was necessary.

Qnb2IuC.pngHad you not done it, I would've died today. I hold nothing against you or your friends.

2KXjEwj.pngHm...

2KXjEwj.pngWhere is Ruben? I've questions for him, as well.

zO38ZmV.pngLady Elen is with him. She said she'd come as soon as she could...

eLoXVCR.pngI'm here, I'm here.

zO38ZmV.pngHow is he?

eLoXVCR.pngNot too well... he will not die, but the wound left him very debilitated.

zO38ZmV.png...

eLoXVCR.pngJust a moment ago, however, he was feeling strong enough to answer the questions you wanted me to ask him.

2KXjEwj.pngWhat did he say?

eLoXVCR.pngApparently, he just saw the spy charging at Sid with a blade he'd concealed within his doublet. "I figured he would be able to defend himself from such a fat, unfit man just fine", he said. By the time he realized Sid couldn't move, it was too late to do anything but jump in front of the blade.

4pBxQbA.png...

2KXjEwj.pngOh, Sir Marcus! We didn't hear you come in. Did you find the spy?

4pBxQbA.pngI'm sorry to say we did not. Wherever he is, it's not Ostia.

zO38ZmV.png...and Sid?

4pBxQbA.pngHe headed for Ruben's quarters when we arrived. I assume he is there.

zO38ZmV.pngI think I'll join him, if you'll excuse me.

2KXjEwj.pngOf course. We, too, must leave.

Qnb2IuC.pngYes, Sir Perceval requires our presence at Etruria. Rest assured, we'll continue our investigations when possible.

4pBxQbA.pngLord Roy is in the throne room, if you wish to speak to him before leaving.

2KXjEwj.pngI think I will, thank you. Margaret, ready everything up for our departure.

Qnb2IuC.pngAt once, General Cecilia!

zO38ZmV.pngIt is quite late, Miss Elen. You should probably retire to your chambers. I'll look after Ruben.

eLoXVCR.pngI was about to do so, it's been a quite long day. Good night, father Wrys.

zO38ZmV.pngMm.

eLoXVCR.png...

4pBxQbA.pngLady Elen. How is the tactician?

eLoXVCR.pngSir Marcus? He's sleeping now... he isn't bleeding too much anymore.

4pBxQbA.pngI see...

eLoXVCR.png...if you have no more to say, I'll beg your leave. I'm quite tired.

4pBxQbA.pngIt's quite understandable. Sleep well.

4pBxQbA.png...he, of all people, would give his life to save a friend... perhaps I was rather mistaken about him...

4pBxQbA.png...as a person. What sort of tactician would do that? Couldn't he have pushed the soldier out of the way?

Part 12 - A very trustworthy person.

I should probably mention, spoilers for Heavy Rain ahead. If anybody cares, yeah. Go beat Heavy Rain before reading this update.

On 16/1/2018 at 1:02 AM, Dayni said:

Poor Treck.

Being the only member of the troop left who can fight, having to see Jerrot break down and all the expectations that arise out of that.

I just hope he doesn't die too, he's another unit I like a lot from this game.

I like him too, despite having never really used him. But it's okay. He's doing quite well in this run.

I do something similar when I play it: It's either Medic or Heavy, with the rare dive into something like Engineer.

Oh, you play TF2 as well? Nice.

I wonder what other insults could work like that.

Eh, I wouldn't think too deeply into it if I were you. That insult was as lame as Lex's character artwork. The one where he dances with his axe. Still can't get over that.

......You clearly forget that Hugh's the worst regarded (certainly outside of Hard), for similar reason, his later appearance and that you have to pay to get him.

But his bases are good if you pay him the full amount and you can insta-promote him for a pretty decent Sage right off the bat. And considering there aren't any prepromoted Sages in the game... I just wish he'd join as a Sage to begin with.

Yes, Quality. In a sense.

In the best sense!

I'm only doing the rebuttal now as all the info's on the table. Okay, let me explain why that conclusion is wrong.

It's also established in BS that pretty much all the marquesses are descended from Roland, which makes sense when you consider it's been 1000 years since the Scouring and Roland likely expanded the domain of Lycia from Ostia, which explain's Ostia's prominence. From there, marriage between the houses makes sense and is something to pass the time I guess. 

What doesn't make sense is that they refer to him as merely "the first marquess of Ostia" here, despite the fact that he apparently was the first marquess of all Lycia. Why does Lilina say "Exactly. He's my ancestor", if literally everyone of Lycian nobility is, including the one she said that line to?

I can wrap my head around the retcon, but it still doesn't work that well in my opinion.

To be fair, this does not say that other Lycians would be unworthy of wielding Durandal as well, so that's one plothole. It also doesn't explain why only Eliwood is allowed wield Durandal, but the beta data shows Lyn was able to swing Durandal around as well. In other words, Eliwood being the only wielder in BS is the result of gameplay, not story.

That's okay. It just brings us to another point, which is the fact that I don't really like how legendary weapons in FE7 work (say what you will, but they were more interesting to earn in this game. In FE7, you use them on Nergal, Lloyd and Linus, and perhaps the Dragon, and that's basically it), but I digress.

Durban*, unlike Roland, seems to not be a dick and restrict the weapon to bloodlines either, meaning Hector earns his weapon by might making right. The exclusivity also is a bit nonsensical there, especially with BB having units need S rank for them rather than being x unit.

This, I can believe. For now. We'll see when we get to 12x.

Arguably better because the enemies usually have bad res.

Hey, I'm speaking for the populace here. As I've said in the past, I like Eliwood better than Hector.

That's the holy spirit!

Hah!

Potential power couple?

I'm fine with this.

Not really, I intend to attempt to get an Ostian triangle.

Deus Vult!

You gave me an excuse to see that scene for the 214083295723th time. For that, I thank you.

(Alternate lines included Dies Irae, but I thought it was too on the nose.)

Perhaps a little.

I swear, that's what lead Bishop Casey to having that kid and keeping it secret for years.

(Ah yes, jokes that only people from one country will get. I'll be perfect for this format if I finish)

Oh, so you're... Irelandian? Ireland? Irean? Iran. You're Iran? that's interesting.

I may have been wrong.

C'mon, give her a chance. It's just one bad level up after a bunch of amazing ones.

Anyone would be paranoid after that chapter to be fair.

Ah, good ol' PTDS.

BOOOO Don't claim your boss's kills man!

No wonder Narcian hurts my thoughts on Zephiel as well.

I like Narcian, in an ironic way. He's so ridiculously incompetent.

The congregation arrives!

Even Margaret and Humphery are there!

I made map sprites for 'em! I like how the spy turned out.

But, but, Hot for Teacher!

I mean, sure, she's hot as hell, but... we're not allowed to talk about that! Remember what normal people would think!

Besides, he's underaged. And Cecilia is not the sort of person to do that. I don't buy it, personally. I prefer to think the ending doesn't exist, and they just become good(er) friends after the war.

Course, I find it ridiculous, but Roy's FE's first harem king. He needs the older one in his list of cliche brides.

They had to butcher Cecilia of all people? Why not Niime?! That would've been funny, at least!

Perceval could likely solo Narcian's band of warriors alone.

Perceval makes everything better. So he's going to be on your bench.

Hahahahahah. That made me laugh so much when I first read it. You sound so resigned.

Hell, now too, for that matter. I'm writing this with a shit eating grin on my face.

They had to find some way right? I mean, the three maps shouldn't be that much time.

Maybe they were on the border anyway.

I actually looked it up, and Ostia is actually on the very border of Lycia, rather close to Aquleia. I bet this was the reason for such weird placement.

Again, Perceval's bases.

B-b-b-b-b-b-but his growths aren't that good!

Humphrey's Missingno!

Perhaps. Only time shall tell!

On that grim note we end the first arc of BB. So now we have to wonder how Marcus will react to this guy. I mean Ruben's not the most liked by him before now and I don't see Cecilia being that sympathetic either for some reason.

Well... I think I handled it well enough, for being me and a horrible fanfic.

Least it's good for filling in the timeskip time.

Yep.

On 16/1/2018 at 3:10 AM, KnightOfNohr said:

To be honest, I really like Narcian as a secondary villain. He manages to be imposing and hilarious at the same time.

Imposing? Sorry, but... ahem... no. Valter, yes. Jarod, yes. This guy? Not imposing, no.

On 16/1/2018 at 4:01 AM, SoloCross said:

Oh boy, the plot thickens.

Also, hey.

Nice, a new reader! Just in time to see me being a stupid triple-posted! Goodliest, blistering barnacles!

On 16/1/2018 at 9:13 PM, DestructionDragon360 said:

I'm surprised to hear the general opinion of Lilina is low. Unlike Wendy, Lilina is a ranged unit, so her defenses are much less vital to her usability, and unlike Sophia, the chapter she joins in (but in this case, more so the chapter following it) is very easy for her to grind in.

Hey, I just parroted the general consensus. I like all of this game's Mages more or less the same. I do find Lilina to be quite fun to use, too. I agree that people tend to bash her bad bases a little too much. 8x and 9 are such easy chapters, is easy to get her up to speed in time for the return of the bullshit.

Plus, her best stat is easily the best stat for a mage to have! What she lacks in speed she easily makes up for in her capacity to nuke the enemy.

I've got to disagree with you here, though. Speed also increases dodge, and with their awful defenses, Mages really need that.

Even her relatively low skill is compensated by Anime tomes' high hit, something Sophia will never have.

This, however, is completely true.

Spoiler

Okay, spoiler here? Images inside the square? Good. Let's go... hopefully, nothing shabby will happen this time.

QBYKxOd.png0Hq7XuG.png

No, please, no more Wyverns.

t0wf4sq.pngZ0mZ39C.png

My prayers have been answered. I am dumbstruck.

This is a signal. The universe is giving me another chance to get Dorothy up to speed before the Wyverns return. Worry not, higher-ups! I shan't disappoint you! She'll become a great unit, or she shall die trying!

lZjkUeN.png

Oh, so they tried to make peace with Bern, eh? And what of Lycia, Sacae, and Ilia? What about 'em?

This is just the first of Roartz and Arcado's many, many dick moves. People tend to not mention him and Arcado when talking about FE6's villains, instead focusing on the Bernians, and I find that to be quite sad, because these two are even worse than Narcian.

I shall thus honor their villaining by spoiling everything because I'm samrt liek that.

88OdxCS.png

You mean like this?

8dGJDb6.png

Pffhahahahah, this makes me laugh too much, I swear.

ASVF3K2.pngH7v7AKf.png1bm4I0a.png

Eliwood! Turns out he didn't disappear from the plot entirely! I wish they gave him a scene with Roy here, just for character development, but eh, it's good enough that they didn't forget about his existance.

NF55CpQ.pngpuDBl1g.pngqW7M0Pr.png

This is basically the scriptwriter's excuse for Lycia not being attacked while Roy is off wasting time at the Western Isles.

SwRVTvG.png

What victory? He beat Legance, which considering his stats is quite the feat, don't get me wrong, but he didn't beat Bern. Narcian got outta Dodge before giving anybody the chance to defeat him!

Q1szQU8.pngkFpxYFS.png

Capitalism! Good! That means everything's fine, does it not?

Oh, no, what have I done? The flamewars threaten to engulf the whole thread! Noooooooo I must find a way to distract the people from political debate!

8dGJDb6.png

Good enough.

I've already used this twice, and we aren't even out of the chapter's intro yet. Although, to be fair, it's quite the long intro.

T9MQsQ2.pngxW5XL80.pngBT9qMQ5.png

Oh, no! Bandits!

9pucCyY.pngyYdpcKi.png

Good old blackmail. Ain't it sweet?

MDhhbCK.png

And why Roartz didn't use this chance to ambush them and turn them over to Bern is baffling, to say the least.

N47NTYz.pngAG16CYV.png

That can only end well, yessir.

7rVOhlw.pngju5uW9J.pngGrkIVuI.png

Spoilers, the guy to the right might happen to be this chapter's boss. Don't take my word for it, though.

HYGCaFe.pngOm6qTlB.png

Yey, bandit chapters! At least they don't last very long. The true plot of the second story arc will become apparent... in two updates.

dvWXQ9Y.png

Here are the Durandal's stats. It's a pretty good legendary, and being the earliest, it's quite useful. Better not go too far with it, though. It may be great, but if it breaks, so do our chances to make it to the final chapters. As I'm sure most of you know by now.

sA4ZM2W.pngnAVvqIR.pngmOBFdx4.pngvwQvrBV.pngU32szjm.pngj91wWYT.pnglujc2bv.pngKkBxXHo.png

Trading. Notice the lack of giving Elen or Saul new staves. I'm such an absent-minded fool.

Update still inside the spoilers? Seems like it. Good. Let's keep moving.

PijUZN4.png

Today's team is this. Hopefully, we won't lose anybody. Otherwise we might have to start deploying Merlinus again. God forbid!

LaFniaB.png

Misty's right. This is a fog of war chapter.

pQSHztH.png987OGhi.pngY4HMSp6.png

Meet today's boss, whose name I forget. It can't be that important.

Bvj9zIw.pngElagYX5.pngE2FL1fH.png

As in, the one bridge connecting the island to the... bigger island? This guy isn't a genius either.

vdPTvmI.png

Our heroes' part of the chapter's plot begins with Cecilia and some Sage.

vouIepa.pngOpMcEuA.png

She's apologizing for Etruria being jerks because she's a decent human being. A decent human being who wants her 15 year old student's dick, according to IntSys' harem department.

Let's get this out of the way once and for all, shall we? It is LP canon that Cecilia doesn't do that. Okay? Good.

h7tykYQ.pngv4xYnrS.png

I would make a "I spy with my little eye a villain!" but I've already talked at length about this guy.

WBrgISp.pngjkKpvaH.pngrrMYUtb.png

But hey, it's not like the game is making much more of an effort to hide the plottwist.

I'm sorry, I tend to assume people know these games' stories by now. If I'm wrong, please tell me.

pGxLbq1.png8VwZK2g.png

"Have you heard the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise?"

Bwahahah... memes. Ahem, sorry.

eed7lhx.pngnOUFWgj.png

Myrddin is a peculiar name. I've always been fond of calling him "Prince Mierdin", since "mierda" is spanish for shit and "-in" is a suffix indicating affection, or in this case, small size.

So yeah, Prince Little Shit died? Le sorrow!

dTpP5Xj.pngyVOWl71.pngth2yL7P.png

He's also a delphin.

esgqbr8.pngUyqANPk.pngLXKyrQh.png

No kidding. You'll see what she means when we meet him.

7mVXyym.png9wUra4b.png

Eh, understandable. This is why kings should be able to call in sick.

Then again, this is the Middle Ages of Anime, where good kings are a thing.

Why am I being so political in this update?

uxzpYFS.pngbd8a77d.pngeaSuZWF.pngYu3bxUT.png

"My king, my king! The Generals do NOT want to see you!"

"Mm... very well, don't bring them here, then."

"Mhh hm hm hm... hmmwaahahahah... HAHAHAHAH!"

"I beg you pardon, High Chancellor?"

"Never mind me, I'll send off the Generals, now that they definitely don't want to see you."

QfjTPCj.pngiRGKi7C.png

So... he can't really do anything if you work together?

I'm not even going to try to joke about this, just thinking about the implications of that line makes my brain boil.

Dvv3pAR.png

Huh. Clout. Now that's a new word I've just learnt. Thank you, videogames.

Pictured, how I learnt english.

odakzZ9.pngnPS845K.pngitnF1lc.png

Etruria still doesn't call Cecilia, so she's able to stay at Lycia and defend it from Bern.

Maybe her phone just ran out of battery.

qgW24TX.pngNzOvcCQ.png

Oh, so the Sage is Guinivere?

She's a Sage (quite strong one, too, in the trial maps), yet she didn't join us back in chapter 3. I could've used you, girl!

Asqm6P0.pngueDCxsR.pngl1aBsCu.png

This is here mostly to give Milady an excuse to join us later. I won't use her.

OJEJNvJ.png

Wait, Etruria? Wasn't Cecilia going to defend Lycia...?

Ah, whatever.

4MIIP0g.pngxAaTtRe.pngheoHiNz.png

Cecilia keeps on proving she's a decent human being.

x9hES2y.pngBe1mJMA.pngRSuOr8o.png

Sorry, Lady, I don't believe-- oh, wait, this is Yodel's church we're talking about. Sure. Go ahead and pray.

And with that, let's see today's map.

c4nntYf.pngrWjn8P1.png

Rq07yGa.png

1s3t9yN.pngfp8nwQ5.pngeA1VdeO.png

JOQsIAA.png

Ln44Sct.pngO6WIQRO.png

jkpSrYZ.png

LMYPSct.png

I did my best.

So, this is the first FoW map. The village to the south has a silver sword, which isn't that important, but the villages to the north dictate whether you'll get the A route or the B route. We'll be playing through both, however.

Other than that, this is just another training chapter, with a ton of not very strong Bandits and Fighters. Very straightforward, and the boss is considerably less bullcrap.

MD1x5ka.png

Not much to do in the first chapter, so let's just visit this village.

f5pClzY.pngtYwd3Bh.pngADWByau.png

Nothing too interesting, except for this sprite that I could've used for creating Wrys if I was a competent sprite frankensteiner. Then again, the end result is hilarious. Or so you guys said.

5U3OXTF.pngx1uyyMd.png

Fighting ensues, and oh God Ogier gets two-shot. That's no good!

sh3EP95.png

Ergh, yeah, when I said these guys aren't very strong... it's more like, they're not very accurate. That's really what saves us.

uPej1wA.png

Lilina sets the guy up, and--

sKiqvhq.png

OW! NOT THE FLASHBANGS!

MDzIM2u.png

The lights reveal Dorothy killing the Brigand after they fade away.

PpU4sbv.png

And that's the first two turns. This map commences rather slowly.

zVdsfRA.png

Look, it's Fir! And the boss...

Scott?

Wait a minute, Scott?

XP7lfpe.png

Scott!!

Okay, I suppose I should explain myself.

I love Heavy Rain in an extremely ironical way. So much so, that Scott Shelby here developed into an in-joke between my friends and I, where I affectionately call him the "magical fatso" and consider him a deity of wondrous power, because he's a fatso and only magic can explain the plotholes of Heavy Rain, like the fact that a fatso can fit through a narrow tunnel with a sack of broken glass to set up an over-complicated trial (that's one of his powers, he can shrink his gut).

I also put his head on Tinkerbell's head and called it an edit. I laughed so much that day... ah, memories.

So, yeah. That's the joke. A thing only I and a couple of guys who don't read this LP get. Ain't that beautiful?

jtiSKhq.pngLjALaGi.pngQfZW5Mb.pngygYcA3k.png

And hey, the dialogue works better when this guy is talking to Fir instead of generic banditman #1. For whatever reason (laziness, I wager), IntSys wrote this really cunning Bandit who tricks a swordsgirl into believing he is a good guy being attacked by pirates and not the other way around, yet they give him the stupidest mug ever.

fQMbdOd.pngZ3V2Xwx.pngEFuXNQD.pngxG56hlR.png

Don't let all the Scott talk distract you from Fir, the girl who will never meet her father again. Or true love. Or her reformed uncle. Because I killed her true love, who is the only one capable of recruiting her.

AVXryFB.png

What, is your ass glued to the gate? C'mon! Move it, Scottie!

R3QmjjG.png8PSCrJZ.png

Neat.

8ACRdB1.png69H3h3L.png

Okay, he gets it.

ITPVcue.png

Enough already!

TDClpkW.png

Thankfully, Scott has an ace up his sleeve in order to shut her up.

LoZTnVB.pngLjUE2xv.png

Shin Cha--

Bollocks, I can't do that. The (second) LP of FE6 at the somethingawful LP archive already did that joke! Much better than I ever would, for that matter, since the guy knew hacking and I know to use paint.net for barebones editing.

pdT7zzY.png

Not too hard to be skinnier than you, my good Magical Fatso.

WFzHFbD.png7sNTYD2.png

I liked you better when you were called Sin.

5pbLWob.png

This guy bought it too, apparently. I mean, Fir's a bit of an idiot, but Shin?

t2ROZMa.pngJ0scKjS.png

Oh, boy, this is going to take a while, isn't it?

OX4kOva.pngLCwp4CM.png8rL0kuU.png

For some reason, Fir tries to talk to Shin. Ah, socializing! I'll never comprehend it!

XeRaPt3.pnglLRCWie.pngSDcYQhv.png

Ah, I see. He didn't believe trenchcoat man, he just didn't give a flying fuck about working with heathens and the Magical Fatso.

Mind, I would also side with the MF if given the chance, but...

ewBct9J.pngSxmji6U.pngRtvgDF1.png

No, you don't need to! At this rate, I'll have to split up the update again!

iishDIj.pngoJbd3ka.png

Nah, Fir, he's just an Etrurian cosplaying as the stereotypical Sauce. C'mon!

xFOTWVB.pngSq5O8wL.png87DrBOH.pngUw40So0.png

Pfff. Fir owned herself. See what I meant when I said she was a bit of an idiot?

fHteIeI.pngsY1h3Ge.png

However, Shin feels pity for the awkward fool, and thus, he decides to make the ultimate sacrifice for a Sauce.

HSWhQYX.png

Speaking. Le shock!

QTci47A.png05EVgFg.png0L2dDmj.png

Come now, Fir! He's giving you a chance to mantain a conversation! Don't you go ...ing on him now!

MG9UzLd.pngWMJ4GOD.png

Ahem. Hmph. Hrrrgh haaack! COUGH COUGH AHEMHEM! HMRRPH!

My apologies, I was just readying my vocal cords up.

Ahem:

HINT HINT

m06Jr7Z.png6MwANPw.png

You will, believe me. As for you, Fir...

Okay, finally, let's--

1Yo0JQd.png

Seriously?!

odfgvAB.pngxBJFrf4.png

Oh my God, what a shock! Scott Shelby was the villain all along!

Wait, wrong game.

Oh my God, what a shock! Scott was the villain all along!

That's better.

uQvMnJL.pngPupWmRa.pngCSJjCC5.png

Seriously, why didn't they give him a proper face? He's an actually smart bandit! If they did, I wouldn't have had to resort to making this awful edit!

NgL3Q7N.pnginGroAa.png

However, there's a problem with this plan: Scott already could destroy Fir. His stats are far superior to hers, even in hard mode. Why he needed to do this is beyond me.

Oh, of course, it's the same guy who set up a trial at an abandoned power plant he couldn't have plausibly possessed. That explains it.

I561Yg7.png9wOko8D.pngt4uqOj2.png

The saddest thing is that this is going to work. I cannot afford to let such an unrecruitable critting machine reach my healers.

L1i3SdR.png

Well? Is that it? Nobody else feelin' like badgering someone else right now?

CejyX5y.png

Good! Let's keep going at last. These enemies head towards our position, but other than that, nothing happens.

WMSZD4G.pngfCieTvX.png

Give 'em a proper welcome!

DczzCMj.pngL23LNKN.pngkthMT8P.pngynBlRsF.png

Here's a hint, except this hint is awful, since it doesn't explain the completely arbitrary system that decides which way the player goes.

9Fo5UAF.png

Treck's so good, he can stand next to Oifey without fear. Go him!

lCoVKvC.pngDHSrL54.pngyZpWNd2.pngBbm2z9E.png

They all go after Marcus, however, since he's less tanky than Reck. He, however, takes but one hit, and Elen is quick to top him back up right away.

F0wGObX.pngDNemLuT.pngVb1tDKG.pnghsTuCjA.png

Shelby's welcoming party doesn't have his magical powers, so they fall swiftly.

mHKUU8y.png

Er, except for the Mercenary.

ZVibbbk.pngmKB1yx7.png

Dear-- Dorothy gets doubled!? I need to get her kills... else she's gonna get killed!

DBdnpDV.pngWZfIufh.png

Not yet, though. Wendy needs the experience more, sadly.

BWhA2pa.pnguzNTAdL.png

...wow... now that's amazing. Keep this up, Elen, and there might be a spot on the team for you yet.

aZ94RIh.png

Okay, that's it.

yQFIzhG.png94yQx8n.png

The enemy is no match for sleepsman.

fGZ6BgO.pngCpmIBNz.png

Saul runs up to heal him up (with a mend staff because I'm dumb) and then proceeds to stab the Fighter.

TAHGL6T.png

You might've gotten a good level up, but Saul is going to cap sped. Hand over the heal staff!

47Jdmqd.pnggirpfYA.png

Oh, dear... this isn't going to be pretty...

7XSsICx.png

So, Fir. Fir's got good bases in hard mode, but her growths are inferior to Rutger's. She's still far superior to Ogier, and I like her to boot. Alas, Noah just had to move out of the woods to fail to wound a man of the cloth.

8Okf8yy.png

Speaking of failing...

4akUUme.png

Dorothy's failure forced me to use Lot to kill the guy.

A9VfLzz.pngeRGZTvD.png

Sue moves Elen out of the way. I'd worry for Saul, but Fir can't reach him, and being the fastest Priest in Elibe, the Fighter probably won't even be able to scratch him.

9qiKqnE.png

Let's hope for the best now.

L2PnENl.png

C'mon, Fir, don't be silly... what sort of pirate group would have an elderly Paladin in their ranks? Can't you see that you're being deceived by the Origamy Killer?!

K3HDFu5.png

Fir may have hard mode bonuses, but she's still level 1.

6TuuXL3.pngBcXxjJf.pngAT5BMsH.png

Jeigan rides away from the foolish girl, and Jeigans the Fighter.

Jc9A1ox.png

Dorothy finishes the job.

kHgHmNv.png

And Treck does this. Ow...

M52UJLh.png

I'm so sorry... but unlike some others, you don't have multiple recruiters. Blame the game, not the player.

y7OxPp5.png

Well, that's that. Marcus helps Reck equip his iron sword, as the only enemy left in the vicinity is a Fighter.

Xs34kws.png

See?

WkiYecC.png

Shit, Shin! Oh, never mind, he can't do anything to Treck despite having hard mode bonuses.

cQEWXyc.png

Of course. Random fighter to the north. Are we really going to lose Treck as well?

The answer is obviously no, but it could've happened if Shin hit both of his arrows critically. It's a low chance, but this is me we're talking about.

9PqFBLH.png

Thankfully, the other guy decides to go for Saul, despite the fact that being near Dorothy negates the disadvantage that is his low luck.

iW1vJPl.png

Dorothy's probably not very keen on the idea of killing someone who's trying to harm Saul, but it's her job, so...

V1u62E8.png

Excellent! A few more of these, and you may yet achieve greatness.

VWKgjcc.pngEYUOR1I.png33OvwVG.png

This then happens. 30 damage, ladies and gentlemen.

sWnPawv.png

With that out of the way, let's recruit Shin before he does something we'll all regret.

bhYSjGG.pngduYdxdn.pngQeTFAuO.pngerSYQrI.png

Come now, isn't it obvious?

JQsdTJM.png

Ol' Dayan's worried about you, dearie.

K3wctwu.png

Oh, my. That's going to be depressing.

W4JNB8m.pngwad71Nw.pngmkg8gFq.png

Big whoop. Now join us, so you can avenge your clan. In the bench.

XBoPbjy.pngvKmtAli.pngXcxQBUK.pngtIfIj7N.png

Dayan's cool, if rather underused. I dig the 'stache. But it'll be a long time before we meet him.

97cPuJ4.pngFbPsQyG.pngOSWbt3F.pngdwLxvcD.png

Woohoo, bench warmer!

Kbg3evN.pngs662h4f.png

Yeah, yeah, you're so loyal. Now turn blue and let me move you out of the way.

w19unoz.png

Shin's better than Sue in every single aspect, up to and including growth rates, because hard mode bonuses are crap and they skipped my favourite unit despite him being more of an enemy than fucking Milady (seriously, why did she get bonuses? She's never a real enemy!), so I hate them.

That's the reason why I am more or less trying to avoid units with hard mode bonuses. I find them to be bullshit, quite honestly. Like, "hey, look! This is the team you should use!". I refuse to be told what to do!

knZRN7R.png

Rant over. For now.

MTcFD8J.pngInbcwiK.png3WaJIZz.png

Marcus is attacked, Marcus is heal, blah blah blah you know the drill.

HjKdSou.png

Awesome! An unnecessary crit that you should've saved for the Magical Fatso!

WasA8cm.png

Even more awesome!

o6koePs.png

Why I have two screencaps of the same event is beyond me, though.

3auSJvI.pngG1AAntO.png

Marcus is attacked over the waterfall by an Archer.

2DSxgzl.png

He wasn't very successful, to say the least.

Ryo59pw.png

He's far too strong for my liking, though. Jeez, Sue, what's with your luck? It shouldn't be this low! You've a coinflip chance of getting luck by leveling up, yet you face a crit chance by a random Archer.

KErsQDm.pngHGCwshu.pngi0BG8Iq.png4C4VndT.pngRo

Roy moves up with the light brand to aid Sue and Marcus. Lot moves to the south to save the silver sword. And the villagers, I guess.

IQ7Eq2Y.pngXjMB2Y4.png

All good thus far... except for Roy missing! Dang--

U1qYUkb.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

4x6ZC8S.png

Wait, we're still alive...

XT4iFGt.png

Never mind, we're not. Bah!

q9ZRIPp.png

Roy got BERNEEEEED!

zcz1fWJ.png

I don't get this quote from Lilina, honestly. She just saw her best friend, and platonic love, get elfire'd to death, and instead of going "AAAHAAAHAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUURGHNOOOOOOUUUHUHUGHHHHH!!!!", she just meekly apologizes? What are you sorry about?

08QpPl3.png

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh...

All right, that's today's update. A lot of plot, Fir's death, random references, and then we failed. I'm such a good LPer.

'Til next time.

Wolt
                        Deke
                        Lugh

Rutger
                        Noah
                        Clarine
                        Lance
                        Jerrot

Fir

*Discharged

Reset count: 4

13 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

4pBxQbA.png...as a person. What sort of tactician would do that? Couldn't he have pushed the soldier out of the way?

Ah Marcus, you never left.

But Wrys might have been hit if that were the case (:O) and I don't recall Ruben having enough Str to shove Sid. Never had the stats out. :P

7 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

Oh, you play TF2 as well? Nice.

Not in a while: I was always a bit of casual with it, and I even started with the console port on the Orange Box.

Needless to say, I definitely preferred the PC version.

7 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

What doesn't make sense is that they refer to him as merely "the first marquess of Ostia" here, despite the fact that he apparently was the first marquess of all Lycia. Why does Lilina say "Exactly. He's my ancestor", if literally everyone of Lycian nobility is, including the one she said that line to?

I can wrap my head around the retcon, but it still doesn't work that well in my opinion.

Maybe Lilina makes the claim as the descendent of the ruling branch of Roland. Keep in mind that she's queen postgame, not Boi.

Not really, I intend to attempt to get an Ostian triangle.

Lilina/Wendy/OJ?

I can see it, but the Roy/Lilina support is the only one I consider reliable to get in this game.

Oh, so you're... Irelandian? Ireland? Irean? Iran. You're Iran? that's interesting.

Yes, that notoriously Catholic country of Iran.

9 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

Ah, good ol' PTDS.

Is that an intentional typo?

Knowing you, I think it is.

I made map sprites for 'em! I like how the spy turned out.

Have to agree about Humphrey being particularly good.

I mean, sure, she's hot as hell, but... we're not allowed to talk about that! Remember what normal people would think!

Besides, he's underaged. And Cecilia is not the sort of person to do that. I don't buy it, personally. I prefer to think the ending doesn't exist, and they just become good(er) friends after the war.

They had to butcher Cecilia of all people? Why not Niime?! That would've been funny, at least!

Again, first harem king. Niime's too old.

Seliph might have been, but we don't get supports in that game.

Hahahahahah. That made me laugh so much when I first read it. You sound so resigned.

Hell, now too, for that matter. I'm writing this with a shit eating grin on my face.

Got a shit eating grin reading this.

This is basically the scriptwriter's excuse for Lycia not being attacked while Roy is off wasting time at the Western Isles.

See, this is why I can't wait for that Maiden of Darkness mod.

It'll have a whole arc of defending Lycia.

Q1szQU8.pngkFpxYFS.png

Capitalism! Good! That means everything's fine, does it not?

Ironically, the convoy shop's not available in Hard Mode.

And why Roartz didn't use this chance to ambush them and turn them over to Bern is baffling, to say the least.

Because he's trying to be subtle?

She's apologizing for Etruria being jerks because she's a decent human being. A decent human being who wants her 15 year old student's dick, according to IntSys' harem department.

Let's get this out of the way once and for all, shall we? It is LP canon that Cecilia doesn't do that. Okay? Good.

I don't think it's most people's canons to be fair.

Myrddin is a peculiar name. I've always been fond of calling him "Prince Mierdin", since "mierda" is spanish for shit and "-in" is a suffix indicating affection, or in this case, small size.

So yeah, Prince Little Shit died? Le sorrow!

Imagine Roartz saying "Well, now our plan to kill Prince Little Shit is progressing.... swimmingly".

The sarcasm would hopefully ooze. I don't know if Roartz would though.

27 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

"My king, my king! The Generals do NOT want to see you!"

"Mm... very well, don't bring them here, then."

"Mhh hm hm hm... hmmwaahahahah... HAHAHAHAH!"

"I beg you pardon, High Chancellor?"

"Never mind me, I'll send off the Generals, now that they definitely don't want to see you."

Could see Roartz doing that though.

This is here mostly to give Milady an excuse to join us later. I won't use her.

The jokes write themselves though.

This is why I prefer Miredy.

30 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

Don't let all the Scott talk distract you from Fir, the girl who will never meet her father again. Or true love. Or her reformed uncle. Because I killed her true love, who is the only one capable of recruiting her.

To be fair, the AI did that.

29 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

AVXryFB.png

What, is your ass glued to the gate? C'mon! Move it, Scottie!

Well, it might be. We really don't know with these people.

30 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

8PSCrJZ.png

Neat.

Was Fir an edgelord the whole time and we didn't notice?

mKB1yx7.png

Pff that merc.

I should edit it so he's spinning. Forever.

WZfIufh.png

It looks like the lance slipped out of her hand.

Though that's more Amelia's style.

34 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

L2PnENl.png

"On your marks, get set(y), Critical!

34 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

M52UJLh.png

I'm so sorry... but unlike some others, you don't have multiple recruiters. Blame the game, not the player.

Hmm, that's about right.

She's not on the level of Douglas though.

35 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

Big whoop. Now join us, so you can avenge your clan. In the bench.

Well, she could also hit things from the bench.

If longbows worked like they did in reality.

37 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

U1qYUkb.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!

Oh no.

37 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

q9ZRIPp.png

Roy got BERNEEEEED!

Those eyes would totally work on high Roy.

Also dangit Wrys, you've got to be better than that!

There's going to be a delay on the next update. My fears of the last forum maintenance making me lose all my progress on the update were well-founded, so I'm going to have to write it all over. My apologies.

U1qYUkb.png

sLl15fI.png...

XT4iFGt.pngq9ZRIPp.png

4pBxQbA.pngFather Wrys, we're about to move out.

zO38ZmV.png...oh! Of course, my apologies, Sir Marcus.

4pBxQbA.pngYou look quite pensative... is something amiss?

kFhDmAz.pngQuite on the contrary, I am just trying to figure out the best way to ensure nothing amiss comes to pass.

4pBxQbA.pngI see...

kFhDmAz.pngIn any case, I am ready. Let us go give these pirates what for.

4pBxQbA.pngIndeed!

Part 13 - He of the skill.

I don't know when it happened, but somebody deleted the messed up version of part 11, so I will no longer look like an incompetent, triple-posting buffoon, or I would, had I not made another post ranting about it and especifically asked for it not to be removed. Whoever you are, thanks for taking the time to do it!

On 18/1/2018 at 7:54 PM, Dayni said:

Ah Marcus, you never left.

He never was here to begin with!

Wait, that makes no sense...

But Wrys might have been hit if that were the case (:O) and I don't recall Ruben having enough Str to shove Sid. Never had the stats out. :P

I probably look a lot like Merlinus. Er, FE7ch13x!Merlinus.

Not in a while: I was always a bit of casual with it, and I even started with the console port on the Orange Box.

Needless to say, I definitely preferred the PC version.

Eh, I've always played on PC. I'd pretty much dropped it after Meet your Match, but Jungle Inferno won me over again.

Maybe Lilina makes the claim as the descendent of the ruling branch of Roland. Keep in mind that she's queen postgame, not Boi.

Fair enough, I guess. The wording is still quite awkward, though.

Lilina/Wendy/OJ?

I can see it, but the Roy/Lilina support is the only one I consider reliable to get in this game.

I mean, it is, but I don't care about efficiency or turn counts, so...

Yes, that notoriously Catholic country of Iran.

Hahahah... ahhh...

Is that an intentional typo?

Knowing you, I think it is.

Actually, no, it isn't, but I'm glad I did it.

Have to agree about Humphrey being particularly good.

Woohoo, I did something right!

Again, first harem king. Niime's too old.

But I like Cecilia better!

Although, to be honest, I also like Niime. I think the correct course of action is, don't make Roy a friggin' harem king!

Seliph might have been, but we don't get supports in that game.

Sigurd 2.0?

Got a shit eating grin reading this.

And I got-- okay, that's quite enough.

See, this is why I can't wait for that Maiden of Darkness mod.

It'll have a whole arc of defending Lycia.

Never heard of it. I'm definitely going to check it out now.

Ironically, the convoy shop's not available in Hard Mode.

Yeah, that was quite annoying the first time I played through hard mode. I ran out of swords.

Because he's trying to be subtle?

Exactly! That's the weird part!

I don't think it's most people's canons to be fair.

Good, my neigh nonexistent faith in humanity remains unscathered.

Imagine Roartz saying "Well, now our plan to kill Prince Little Shit is progressing.... swimmingly".

The sarcasm would hopefully ooze. I don't know if Roartz would though.

Bwahahahah... swimmingly... auuugh...

Could see Roartz doing that though.

Then he and Arcado would go to a pub and drink while laughing maniacally, as Douglas looks at them and shakes his head in contempt from the background.

The jokes write themselves though.

This is why I prefer Miredy.

I don't, mostly because I think Miredy is uglier than sin (not Sin, though). I'd rather had Melody, which was considered back when Gringe's translation was still W.I.P.

To be fair, the AI did that.

Stupid AI!

Well, it might be. We really don't know with these people.

But he's magical! Even if his ass was glued to the gate, he'd be able to use his powers to get away!

Was Fir an edgelord the whole time and we didn't notice?

Naaaaaaaaaaaaah she's just a bumbling bimbo.

Pff that merc.

I should edit it so he's spinning. Forever.

Make a shooting stars meme instead. Naaa nana na na naaaa, nana na na naaaaaaaa...

It looks like the lance slipped out of her hand.

Though that's more Amelia's style.

Hey, don't compare Amelia to Wendy! Amelia at least has a nice backstory with Duessel. Wendy has her fame as the worst thing ever.

"On your marks, get set(y), Critical!

Remember we're supposed to call him Ced now.

Hmm, that's about right.

She's not on the level of Douglas though.

God forbid! Douglas seems like he was in a fierce competition with his fellow bearded General, Xavier.

Needless to say, he lost. Douglas is challenging. Xavier is hell on earth.

Well, she could also hit things from the bench.

If longbows worked like they did in reality.

That would be neat.

Also, I took the liberty to correct that one for you. What, you really thought I'd bench Sue for her overpowered, unbalanced, bland brother? Think again!

Oh no.

The humanity!

Those eyes would totally work on high Roy.

Uh... right...

Also dangit Wrys, you've got to be better than that!

Don't understimate Wrys! He was having a Holmes-like dream sequence!

Well, Holmes from that one film, that is. The original Holmes needed no magical bullshit to be a badass detective.

On 18/1/2018 at 8:42 PM, DestructionDragon360 said:

You should edit those two shots of Dorothy critting to make it look like she's infinitely twirling her arrow.

Hm...

HZuQvwg.png

There you go!

Spoiler

XBewxD7.png

Here we go again. Except it's not really again because last time was just Wrys' premonition. We're gettin' all final destination here.

I can't remember what I originally said about this, but it doesn't matter. The old update no longer exists. So fuck it.

6OQ8n8a.png6CXyi0l.png

Ogier does this.

FAaFPUM.png

Which results in Lilina getting some easy experience...

C3UM0Kf.pngT0bPQiw.pngF2HiLS6.png17IzmFW.png

...whereas the other Pirate puts much more of a fight.

N5IycWc.png

But in the end, he falls.

nzeI6uX.pnggevl0Fq.png

I stupidly leave Astolfo within handaxe reach. But it's fine, Astolfo is good. He also got one of the few official Heroes names I actually like better than the old version.

Unlike Nimue and Marduk... wait, that's right! Both those names had already been established as Niime and Murdock!

But, hey, can't be too harsh on 'em. They fixed it.

wmxWU03.png3KJ5ME0.png

But enough of that, we've got some tactical genius to behold.

qlAral5.pngcivVuaJ.pngE2c1uD2.png

Treck and Marcus Jeigan for the rest of the team.

GhfOVqt.png

Dorothy...

PosX8KV.png

...nails it for once! Great!

PI0Yaiz.png

You've got to be kidding me...

pt0h2BT.png

Well, then. You get the kill, Ohgi.

9Boin67.png

Lot fails to finish this guy off. Which is good. Thanks, Lot.exe, for being cursed with the inability of hitting when the odds are stacked in your favour.

eOfTDoi.png

Yeah... except he's going to kill himself now, isn't he?

AyUAX8M.pngVKPyJy1.png

I stand corrected. Scott's trying to make up for his shitty strats earlier, I suppose.

nEgvINy.png

Can you match the greatness of your level up in Wrys' premonition, Elen?

sgUEZH4.png

Wow, amazing! She got defense! Except 1 defense might as well be nothing when coupled with that awful HP, and skill is completely useless for her! God damnit all to hell, blistering barnacles!

x9U3kxW.png1BRxCFO.pngiPjUbEX.pngKt4azql.png

The onslaught on the welcoming brigade ends with the destruction ofthe enemy, just as planned.

VKcgWqY.png

Unbelievable... not only do I have Wendy on my team, I also have a speed-screwed Wendy!

ncecp96.pngv5SCwNb.png

Sigh let's just keep up the pace.

L7OZdI8.png

Except we already failed at that, because Fir got to the central island first.

te2vBLc.png

I swear to God, if Treck gets killed by Fir, I'm doing a dishonorable reset.

cVqXeWv.pngqIDMQj4.png

But Treck is far too competent to be killed by a level 1 Myrmidon, Wo Dao or no Wo Dao.

P0mymRB.pngAMn7ScN.pngvwWXIwj.png

This happens, as well.

fFW2CP2.png

Let's get this over with, again...

ntj8n1Y.png

Shin! No! Don't come yet, Sue is too far from your location!

RICCyuT.png

Elen heals Treck up, because I refuse to lose him here of all places...

3kzHxq6.pngl3JiUFc.pngA0ntoEP.pngeB4kC53.png

...and is quickly rescued away from the danger zone by half of the army.

IMDyzX1.pngs44fcJg.pngZKpKDyI.pnggp0Z6UW.png

Even if everyone hit him, Treck wouldn't have died. That's how good he is.

Oh wait, never mind, he would have, because of the poison. But still, he would've survived all of these attacks with 1 HP. Worst Cavalier in the game? I don't think so.

N84JwSX.pngkqornuu.png

Startin' to think I'm never going to get anything out of you, Gwen, but still, I'll try.

G6K8WqA.pngEqosqFi.png

Shin is recruited by his sister, who is then rescued out of harm's way by her brother.

r1Wwhfx.png

As well as Wendy, because she's even weaker than Sue. As a Knight.

Hr9yVIO.pngzHK9a9U.pngpBYgVVN.png

Dorothy and Ogier kill this Fighter.

WgeD6eS.png

More skill?! Stop it, you moth-eaten marmot! You don't need skill, you're a swordsman! You've a 30% skill growth, yet that's all you get! Why? What have I done to deserve such a fate?

fE9xHOb.pngQ0IFBrB.png

With the welcoming troops gone, all that remains is for us to move into the central island and brace for the reinforcements' impact.

4sJqUov.png

Marcus rides north towards the villages. Fret not, that's not the halberd Fighter.

l5mjg2b.pngy0LNR7L.png

Saul wastes a use of his mend staff, reminding me that I wanted to give Elen's heal staff to him. Elen can't reach him, though, so Roy puts it in his pocket for now.

nmRAeDb.png

And that's it.

lt0WU7Z.pnghqKBtJ0.png

Lot is heading south with a bow, so that he doesn't kill everything. Little did I know, he'd kill everything anyways.

qxjUZnB.png2yh5AEw.png

This happens, too. It shouldn't, mind you, because at this point Jerrot should've replaced Marcus, but Jerrot fell in chapter 7, while Marcus and Treck persevered. This is going to be one weird LP. But hopefully not as weird as the last one. I'm pretty sure Nomads can't destroy villages.

EHJQwMl.png

This'll be a level for Sue. Surpass your brother now!

BWHeBvP.png

That's not surpassing your brother, Sue! But, I understand. I really do. He's not playing fair. But worry not, his hard mode bonuses shall carry him straight to the bench with Rutger and Fir's corpses!

Now, for the record, I don't hate all hard mode bonuses. There are a few instances where the bonuses don't completely screw up the game's balance, like Tate or Klein, who become a little better, sure, but their competition isn't completely outclassed (Igrene is still better than Klein), or was already in normal mode (Shanna still sucked there). It's things like Rutger, Perceval and fucking Milady who is only an enemy unit for 5 seconds in a cutscene, becoming the best units in the game because whatever.

Kml7nH1.png

Rant over, let's keep going.

G7JTZxc.pngitpEdI1.png

Lot kills this guy, because we're wasting too much time, and we need to be in the southern village's vicinity if we want that silver sword.

F0VtxRb.png

This guy is still alive, which is good. It'll be an easy kill for Wendy.

dYvZ4ZT.png5PSPJDs.pngHVr7uxa.png

Jeigan keeps on Jeiganing. I use him too much, honestly. One of these days, he's going to suffer Arran's fate.

Then again, Marcus is RNGblessed. Can't look a gifted horse in the mouth, now can I?

kDxGJZi.png

Wendy...

sL5mMNb.png

...Dorothy gets a kill.

XFWoRln.png

Roy hands over the heal staff to Saul.

JIAk1Zy.png

He inmediately puts it to good use.

2XCS8hP.png

Look, a Mage!

NKopFCi.png

Look, another Mage!

RLj6jgs.png

No longer, though.

CX5Lfs2.png6YWtD0c.png

Treck prepares to welcome the reinforcements.

DTAxQuI.pngVz9CZ3q.png

And here they are! These guys will be spawning for a bazillion of turns. The northern guy is completely isolated, and is really just a free experience pinata. The other guys are slightly more dangerous, but nothing to be really worried about.

DVJEodG.pngjuUSkxy.png

Unless you're Wendy, that is.

NbQxMD3.png

Eh, you know what, I tried. I think we all knew this'd happen at some point. But at least I tried.

e9CQjiD.png

Relevant.

bZZ0A23.png

Sorry, Gwen. I'm afraid you'll have to wait until Heroes to have a chance to shine...

Oh, wait, that's right!

ZZzs9V6.png

Heroes completely ruined the one good thing about her, her design! And here I thought Athena was awful just because she's a Fir lookalike...

No, really, I'm not trying to be an asshole to the artist, and of course, I'm no artist and can't do any better at the present time, but... this sucks, honestly.

XSrkbbk.pngFj6bRiO.pngjM7LIHP.pngRJQmGUg.png

Okay, with that out of the way, let's check in on the better units.

NC1schH.pngpLdySi2.png

Wade one-shotting people is such a great sight to behold.

4DIZNcw.pngMV3bNn0.png

Shin chips down a guy for Dorothy to kill. That's the extent of what Shin shall be doing in this LP.

MMhA0CI.png

Marcus tries to do his job as a Jeigan, but... eh, at least he didn't crit.

AWplKSv.pngW6W4GUI.png

Astolfo Jeigans the other Archer instead. Sue profits from their efforts.

XLfvFIR.png

In retrospect, it's a good thing Marcus and Sue didn't kill the Archer, since he's protecting Marcus from the halberd guy.

U66xJXw.png

Treck keeps on fighting the Pirates at the bridge. This'll be a level up. Everyone's got high expectations for you, Treck! Don't let us down!

Zb3h4wK.png

Hahahah! Yes! Treck's going to be this LP's Matthis!

As in, unit unlikely to attain godhood... attaining godhood.

bP3WxKY.pngBXJ7BCC.png

Look, we can see Scott in this shot! This would be the perfect time to screencap his stats, but, alas...

KhnYT9J.pngLAUqGUy.png

Reck finishes the job, and starts anew.

4pNr8HB.pngZCtT93D.pngTd1dgq0.png

The rest is just routine.

fQl09Qc.pngzRrccXR.png

Dorothy shoots a Pirate from afar with the longbow (I'm really putting the thing to good use, am I not?) for Z̻̞͙̙̹͍͓̙̥̿ͦ͗Ḁ̰̖̔̄̓͋ͦ́͝L̶̰̘ͪͦ́͢W̵͇͙͓̱͐͊̆̚A̸̝̙͎͇͇̥̣͚̓̐̈͋́̀Ḑ̨̞̯̪ͩ͒͜E̵̙̰̙̦ͪ̄ͪ to destroy him. I'm so happy for all the parties involved.

kgACFCr.png

To be frank, I don't think I'll save that village. We took too long. But it's not important. We can live without a silver sword.

A6J34jI.pngGT2JXiM.png

Shin keeps on doing the only thing he's ever going to do, Jeigan now that he's free to deploy, and OH GOD THEY ONE-SHOT LILINA WHAT THE HELL.

bn8vuUw.png

Fix that, post-haste!

rUwFZ01.pngsbz04LU.png

Look at the guy, all flustered because Ostia's princess just came up to him to have a friendly chat.

juuBDYz.pngeDpuaZL.png

I'd make a joke along the lines of "you only ever talk to people from Ostia!", but then again, you're the biggest exception to that rule. Astolfo, too, but to a lesser degree.

JI4l7YM.png47zoaP3.png

Relax, guy, she's a little kid. No need to look as vanilla as you always do.

For the record, I do like Ogier. He's forgettable, but that's kind of the point. He's got an interesting backstory, and hey, just the fact that he's no hero, but rather an ordinary man in need of a little cash, is cool.

Sadly enough, though, he doesn't reach Tomas' level of being forgettable. I'm willing to bet that, even if Tomas was in every single FE game (as well he should), he would still be forgotten by everyone but me, because I'm weird.

...did I make that joke in the last part, or was it lost with this update v.1? Ah, stupid incoveniently timed forum maintenance... it ruined my things! You lowly mods should've thought of what I wanted! Me! Nobody else!

...shit, I sounded like Narcian there...

...billions of billious blue blistering barnacles, I've been ranting randomly for five paragraphs! Let's keep going...

zLmvX54.pngg1LPy1K.png

Yes, your hometown. It was a very simple question. There is no need to repeat it for dramatic emphasis.

lTouFE2.pngx9i0j4o.pngw51RARE.png7afMlZA.png

That's Ogier in a nutshel. Really, the thing that ruins Ogier isn't his character, but the fact that half his supports are awful because IntSys hated the Ostian bunch.

YbAfyXl.png2PXfmZo.png8ptzwzP.png

And here we get to the meat of the support.

OUvDgjj.pnglIW0Xj2.pngeZrLRk2.png

No jokes here. It's the setup for a serious moment.

b7Y55PN.pngJY1xjkY.png

Strange detail to focus on, wouldn't you say?

GMbdT9J.pngIdf6Hdq.png

Sweet... however, it won't be for very long, I'm afraid. But for now, I've gotten what I wanted: Lilina having an increased chance of winning.

MRFuXUd.pngmJ2AXrj.png

That done, how about we fail horribly?

Ps5u66N.png

Stupid Archers!

QawlGrk.png

Sue's streak of failure forces Reck to leave his post to set things right.

7eQydE6.png

Roy takes it upon himself to defend the bridge in Treck's absence.

2aVFSHO.png

Nothing left to do but healing.png...

RIAB2wU.png

...and marvel at one more display of genius on my part. Seriously, I took two pictures of the southern flank's situation, but forgot to take any of the northern front, which has more going on. Ain't I just great?

ieDO4m9.pngwxfwEzj.png

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! UAAAAAAAAARGH! DON'T DIE, LILINAAAAAAAAA! I NEED YOU TO KILL DRAGONS!

God damnit... but at least we got out of that one fine. Still, if you could get some defense, I'd be real thankful.

AxbjjeD.png

I, uh... huh.

I don't know how to react to this. She actually got what she needed. This is a first for me.

qw2kLqF.png

Lot is tired of pussyfooting around, and completely disintegrates this Pirate.

O2BOdib.png

Astore stops the halberdman from reaching Marcus and Treck. Good job, flying man.

l6Cicw8.png

I'm still baffled by how great Saul turned out to be. Sure, low-ish magic, but he can take a hit just fine, nothing can double him, and his support with Dorothy negates the weakness that is his low luck. I'm looking forward to promoting him and getting him some lightning tomes.

aCQ9Id2.png

Wade!

IZ0QBl7.png

Thanks, Lot.

VUfQCdH.pngKtgpS3E.png

Lilina is putting that defense to good use! Still, I'll probably give her a robe. She badly needs some HP, more than anybody else.

KT08lMX.pngOrc3os9.png

Shin Jeiganing, Dorothy killing... guess I can't expect you to get a good level up like last time, right?

2ltRi0L.png

...the same exact thing...

Huh. What is it that I'm doing differently this time? Everyone's feeling quite cooperative.

...oh, right. Wrys is in control, not a spy intending to boycott the army or me. That explains a lot.

CxOjE82.png

Here, have some heals from your favourite perv. You deserve them.

HBFvujs.png

Roy goes back to his swordmancer ways as he summons a doubleblade.

ZxrrmAP.png

This exists because I want everyone to appreciate the fact that Treck can take a halberd hit, and if I wasn't trying to be somewhat smart for once, he could've done so at WTD. He's turning out so well, I'm quite amazed. If only I could get him a support partner, but half of his options are dead, and then there's Milady...

...maybe route B Gonzales.

YnC4Tck.pngSQUbz2g.png

More heals from Miss Backup Healer. Also, you get no guesses as to what happens to the village.

UCtmOMq.png

Yeah... at least it wasn't a Horseman this time.

IoMw847.png

The pirate above the former village attacks Lot. Lot's not pleased.

dqk2L5V.pnglzUf1lo.pngfPCoraV.png

The rest is just the usual, as well as Treck not wanting to take damage, even if he could survive it.

yBC0WtO.png

Reveng-- w-w-w-wait, what the actual...

cmmpaBx.pngSir Wrys, what in the world is that?

zO38ZmV.pngSomething that does not belong here...

cmmpaBx.pngHow shall we handle this?

zO38ZmV.png...we must send it back to Hell, where it belongs...

7qomurW.pngyCsjbho.png

But first, more of this.

eod9J0B.pngBAcotl8.png

Who needs Myrmidons when you can have the most skilled Ogier in existance?

xEJPTYN.png

I decided to give Astolfo a kill, seeing how he was close to leveling up. Don't waste the experience, now!

oVJTDFw.png

You know what? That's perfect. It just means he's got less of a chance of falling prey of a stray bolting.

tL3HtBY.png

The villages are in sight! We're close to our objective.

Except, I'm leaving the villages 'til after we are done with the chapter, so... yeah. I'm just wasting Treck's time here.

NDBDGm9.pngQm5K2Wv.png

Sue assists Roy in killing the Pirates assaulting the bridge, while Ogier tenderizes some other unimportant person.

OlxuszG.png

Wade begins to take care of... this.

SHhTZPm.png

Look at that mess. Who was the genius that decided it was a good idea to place a fort there? Was it Legance?

h8CJBbT.png

Also, Roy leveled up. Eh. Not that great, but I appreciate the defense.

UDy0kQy.pngSPBcKlq.png

Treck had no luck this turn, but that's all right. Better him than the other scrubs.

wOzcfxG.png

Down with you! Stop haunting me! It's been so long...

NnrKOz9.png7iUzUWt.pngkNUI7Lf.png

This time, it was Lilina that chipped down a Pirate for Ogier. I'm so happy for the two of 'em... except now, I can no longer do an Ostian support triangle!

9IBIUuY.jpg

Unless...

Update still within the spoiler? Okay good... third time shall be the charm!

gORaGrT.png

Oh, COME THE FUCK ON! THIS ISN'T FUNNY, RNGODDESS! RHIZOPOD! ICONOCLAST! PYROMANIAC! BLACKGUARD! BEAST! PRIZE NINCOMPOOP! COCONUT! BABOON! ASSHOLE!!!

Then again, I've been getting all I want and more in this chapter when it comes to levels... maybe she siphoned all that good luck out of Ogier and that's why this is happening?

mXLtw8i.png

Shin gives Ogier Roy's steel blade. He can't use it yet, but he will, at some point.

YtDZPjk.png99aYKuw.png

The boi himself keeps on killing with Sue's aid while that happens.

ZfMJnZJ.pngAja7uo1.png

Elen keeps on doing backup healer shenanigans. I honestly have no hopes for her, but that's okay. It just means I can safely use her as a plot character after she's benched.

k1BF6C5.png

Then... what in the world is this? I assume it's Ogier, judging by the position of the white rectangle, but... jeez, I really need to work on my FE12-pressing timing.

iPN0aBA.png

Roy's swordmancing gets more and more incomprehensible by the day. What the ostrogoth is that? A broken chakram?

I also find it kind of funny how his head is the only part that remains in a normal state in the blurry mess that is his sprite in this frame.

jDlHjDz.pngwCCWaiS.pngVT161p1.pngz7muMbl.png

You can guess the rest.

Mf0gqfn.pngzUEYXu3.png

Marcus rides forth to help Treck defend the scrubs across the bridge. He's also quite close to getting one of those unlikely Jeigan levels of his. If he gets speed...

8hkp198.pnggbzz1jF.png

Yeah, I probably shouldn't have done that, but y'know what? It's Treck. He can afford to do stupid crap like that.

83mOWLM.png

Nice, although I would appreciate some speed.

aBknGyP.pngzmWyCxR.png

Not the flashbangs! Was it Shin hitting the guy? Was it somebody else? We'll never know...

sPl8h0C.png

Well, I have no idea. Let's assume it was nothing vital, okay?

EeGVtur.png

Look, a distraction!

GCbBkM2.pnguRN84zm.pngRXN9WfN.png

Why tell me this now that we're halfway through the chapter? Why not put this in the useless "the resistance is faring quite well!" house?

N1cVKuz.png

That's it for the turn. Things are looking good.

Also, though my deductive powers, I'm going to guess that the flashbang was Sue hitting someone. Her position makes enough sense.

zeixkek.png

Roy, no! Don't die!

3OqpKrE.pngmzpkDLA.png

Argh! Jeez, Ogier! That's what happens when you don't get anything other than skill, see? It's a good thing the first guy was dumb and went after Dorothy.

EUUGTxi.png

Treck is too good for you, my man. Although, it really scares me how his best support partner would be Milady of all people. I'm really conflicted... I like her character, and I want Treck to talk as much as he can, but...

mqSgZhv.png

Bah, we'll think about that when it becomes an option. For now, let's heal Roy.

mdrk8bE.png4AewZgN.png

Treck doubles back to his post at the bridge.

WPM1T49.pngbU2wDCd.png

South of there, Shin readies an easy kill for Lilina. Keep the good levels coming, girl.

HIAuJPY.png

Bwahahahaha! So much power!

QBvxH4C.png

It, too, is time for Dorothy to level up again. Although, after wasting all the good RNG on a crit...

de1rRma.png

Hohohohohohoh! Waaahahahah! Thank you, Ogier, for sacrificing yourself for the good of everyone else in the army!

UrBBwvc.pngU6HebEq.pngAZEg07H.pngkJs71kh.png

And some clean-up later, it's time to move on. Don't worry about Elen, those fools are still toting mere poison axes.

NInIDBT.png82V4ehd.png

Treck's still destroying these guys in flying colours. I've very high hopes for him.

6vjiDQl.png

AHHH NOOO!

God, I was far too careless with Lilina today. It's a miracle she's still alive.

r9DdNiA.png4noNT7K.pngCZsAqe0.png

Orange people get attacked, and I'm not going there. Nope.

4eCbpNm.png0VxK2dE.pngt6PsEFI.png913dRcC.png

I'm not sure what else to say about this. It shouldn't take much longer, at least.

p8eqCxi.png

Treck's fighting is interesting because he can't die and I wanted to point that out.

4Agzfp5.pngrSvInxa.png

Healing... healing...

...eh, time to take a break. I can't think of anything new.

Some time later...

lQo12Fi.pngYrJsc6n.png

Okay, I'm back. I don't know why I especifically did that this time even though I always write my updates in various sessions, but eh. I just couldn't think of anything.

Man, the light brand's so bad in this game...

JmcbIvu.pngwZXom7t.png

I don't think there are many Pirates left.

prCnmO0.pngcfwTrsD.png

That bastard doubles Wade, so I'd best make sure he can't reach him. Between him and the Mage, Wade could very well die, and I don't wanna.

A9sdGu2.pngFoExwSU.png

Like so.

vVNTbZn.pngNaADr5h.png

C'mon, more p--

SatxEVc.pngkVFOoZc.pnghVXpUMC.png

...whoa, looks like Treck is about as tired of this as I am!

D4XDkyy.pngCUMwoil.png

This'll be a level up for the man. He's earned it, after that last round.

UQEBz6C.png

Jeez, he's so good... he's like Lot but without the low strength weakness, on a horse!

Z6SgycS.png

Marcus finds an Archer hiding in the mist. His fate is at hand!

nslXlTF.pngTIuwTvm.png

Lilina kills another Pirate, and for once, the FE6 policy of allowing reinforcements to appear at the beginning of the enemy phase is going to play against them, since this guy won't have the time to move away from the fort before blocking the existance of one of the new Pirates.

qnMcQVq.pngOOgVFqo.png

Also, this crap happened. God damnit all, Wade!

7badrBK.png

Lot takes care of things. As usual.

n3bYdNU.png

No comment.

edwVi2K.pngsXkBflU.pngIA6siSy.pngDidITBz.png

Wade fails to kill the Merc, Pirates fail to kill us, etc. etc.

hGPjmCM.png7bc8NXu.png

Uh, more of the same.

xBmw09X.png

Lot, this is just embarrassing... what happened to you?

ViBGuuK.pngS1aINeD.png

Pirate killing... yawn...

vhIDVGa.png

Jeigan Jeigans an Archer for Jeigan. A rare sight, but surprisingly familiar still.

URjeMlk.png

Why am I still showing this picture?

OFSZX28.png7d3Ah2w.pngzjBaNEy.png

We don't even get to see Lilina risk her neck. That's how boring this chapter becomes at this stage.

YfNZdpn.png

Could you please get strength and speed, please?

8CBaKNP.png

He's at his level 4 promoted friggin' skill average! And behind everywhere else!

Except for luck, because the universe finds this very funny indeed! You're going to force me to destroy you again... deliberately, this time!

A6ehxG1.pngwr44RQY.png

Sigh let's cheer up by watching Jeigan level up.

l6QW3d1.png

Marcus is at his level 20 speed average. Let that sink in. I'm glad I can count on you, Marcus.

fiPrSA8.pngj99s2aA.png

Finally! Rejoice, everyone, they've ran out of Pirates to shit out!

o6nP3wB.png

Saul heals some people and gets this level up, which is quite amazing. It does lower his chances of capping speed, but honestly, I'd be fine with him not getting any more speed in his remaining 4 levels if that meant he'd get some magic.

M3Cba3t.png

This Mercenary attempts to protect the Magical Fatso from our advance, but he shan't prevail.

T5P80wm.pngkbdlN5E.png

Mm hm, like so.

gOjQ2Rv.png

Skill! More skill! Skill for everyone! We've the most accurate team this side of the planet! Because skill is the best stat, for sure! Argh!

That said, she needed HP. Kudos to you for that, Sue.

bqY955H.png

And now, please don't die.

sPZ2t9G.png05eAR5o.png

Swordies kill the better swordsman. I'm so happy for them.

lMF9LFy.png

Honestly, I don't know if I'd trust Saul to handle the women of the army like that.

DfvZj4b.png

Okay, so Scott.

F51FyYz.png

I'm just noticing now that I forgot to give him an overworld sprite. Who cares, it's just a stupid, one-man meme.

bAXi9w8.pnghXirOLk.pngJRKwaCY.png

Not likely, for my strategy revolves around you not getting to attack anybody, ever.

cfVLBGF.png

Yep, Lili's taking care fo everything. Once again, this'll take ages.

ACOjVcx.png

But at least the game's throwing in some nice little treats for me to enjoy. Delightful! Speed blessed Lilina is the best Lilina.

rBf6Spg.png

Yeah... not trying that.

XWADjXM.png4amIQAk.png

And that's the strategy. I won't be showing every turn of it like Henning, though.

YuhaXqp.pngV9LVmeE.png

Here's the turn count. Quite high, but it'll be highe--

SXk2FHe.png

Oh...

n6OBaGQ.png

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!

I know it's not legal, but I love you, Lilina.

The FBI would be knocking on my door any time soon if I were 'murican, but since I'm not... hah! I win!

28vO9CA.pngYDQ5IQr.png

I don't know about us, but you're a boring ass boss. So boring, in fact, I screwed up your death quote with my crappy edits, but it doesn't matter because I think it's obvious what it is.

CIUpsId.png

Come now, Lilina! You're breaking my heart here!

nQxtWv5.png

Okay, so you may be wondering how I'll handle this...

cDMbdy9.png

Like this! I'll save a state here, and I'll grab it again when we finish the route.

aUejUTK.png

Which, by the way, is going to be Bartre's because I like it better, so I wanna do it now.

N3LIJnV.pnggiyfmOb.pngUBHuYsI.png

No, I did it because of arbitrary event flags. Although, I definitely would've chosen a restore staff over another killer bow if the flags didn't exist.

iPWWDlE.png2w1P0Oe.pngOvGaoGW.pngGtYiVR5.png

Oh, you can just do that? And Arcado doesn't give a flying fuck about it? Huh...

ntupuEM.png

Very well. That'll come in handy in chapter 12, if this turns out to be the LP canon route.

ka5NApf.pngOdB8wX1.png

I do some shopping, except it's non-canon, because later I came back to the save state to buy bows, since I'd noticed we were running short on 'em.

The armory doesn't sell bows. Now, ain't this game just a bundle of joy.

v9iWmtN.png

Time to move out, and leave this crappy filler chapter behind us.

RDBAOKC.pngMQJPmvR.png

Yow, it's an enemy ambush!

Why, yes, that's all I have to say on the matter.

DKsnBmV.pnguyL2iWx.pngNqwfqES.png

Yeah, half of it became Bern. What's your point, Merlinus? What does your babbling have to do with Bandits having a brain?

xoH492B.pngO3jnR4a.pngbljEzrW.png

Hasn't it been months since that, though? Hasn't Bern been so inactive for a while? It's a bit of a weird time and place to start rambling about the suddenness of war.

zHKd16I.png

Exactly. May we go back to the task at hand?

oxyMEQW.pngmx55KMj.pngsEN7ged.png

Wait, that's not right. Imguuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrr!

mx55KMj.pngoxyMEQW.pngsEN7ged.png

Better.

4bvSDr1.pngIOIlgaH.png

But it was Marcus that visited the village... you were nowhere near the villages!

6Fo4hEU.pngcQb4lE4.png

A lead to what? Your work is to kill bandits. You killed bandits. Why aren't you returning to Lycia, in case Narcian decides to try again, now that the only one protecting it is Cecilia, who's all the way in Etruria?

wCloFdw.pngH006AgZ.png

Yes, to the western Western Isles! Next time, we'll be seeing one of my personal favourites. Until then, I bid you ciao!

Wolt
                        Deke
                        Lugh

Rutger
                        Noah
                        Clarine
                        Lance
                        Jerrot

Fir
                        Wendy

*Discharged

Reset count: 4

I did like the original version of that conversation, even if it was incorrect.

Roy: All right, everybody, time to head west!

Mer: No, wait, Roy. We need an organized plan...how abut we head west?

Roy:...I just said that.

3 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

I probably look a lot like Merlinus. Er, FE7ch13x!Merlinus.

Man, that crappy beard? Joy.

4 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

I mean, it is, but I don't care about efficiency or turn counts, so...

This game has a hard support point limit.

Their high base is the main reason I prefer them.

5 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

Make a shooting stars meme instead. Naaa nana na na naaaa, nana na na naaaaaaaa...

Maybe. I need to open up GIMP for all that.

6 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

Remember we're supposed to call him Ced now.

NEVER!

God forbid! Douglas seems like he was in a fierce competition with his fellow bearded General, Xavier.

Needless to say, he lost. Douglas is challenging. Xavier is hell on earth.

Xavier takes the freaking cake.

I don't know if I could recruit him legit.

Don't understimate Wrys! He was having a Holmes-like dream sequence!

Well, Holmes from that one film, that is. The original Holmes needed no magical bullshit to be a badass detective.

If you're on about the Robert Downey Holmes, well that's not magical so much as him thinking the whole scenario out in advance in his head.

That scene's one of the reasons I actually think that movie's alright. The sequel, now that sucked.

IMDyzX1.pngs44fcJg.pngZKpKDyI.pnggp0Z6UW.png

Oh wait, never mind, he would have, because of the poison. But still, he would've survived all of these attacks with 1 HP. Worst Cavalier in the game? I don't think so.

Treck the tank.

I'm okay with this.

11 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

Shin is recruited by his sister, who is then rescued out of harm's way by her brother.

I thought we were clear he wasn't her brother.

12 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

kDxGJZi.png

Wendy...

sL5mMNb.png

...Dorothy gets a kill.

As it always is.

14 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

NbQxMD3.png

Eh, you know what, I tried. I think we all knew this'd happen at some point. But at least I tried.

Well, that's the 1/20 bet taken.

You also had to remind me that she might have the worst dimensions in Heroes.

16 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

Sadly enough, though, he doesn't reach Tomas' level of being forgettable. I'm willing to bet that, even if Tomas was in every single FE game (as well he should), he would still be forgotten by everyone but me, because I'm weird.

...did I make that joke in the last part, or was it lost with this update v.1?

I'm pretty sure you didn't.

Also, Wendy died, so what happens to the triangle?

19 minutes ago, Rubenio said:

ZxrrmAP.png

This exists because I want everyone to appreciate the fact that Treck can take a halberd hit, and if I wasn't trying to be somewhat smart for once, he could've done so at WTD. He's turning out so well, I'm quite amazed. If only I could get him a support partner, but half of his options are dead, and then there's Milady...

...maybe route B Gonzales.

What's wrong with Route A Gonzales?

yBC0WtO.png

Reveng-- w-w-w-wait, what the actual...

I know it's an edit, but still:

https://i.imgur.com/IsScO7A.png

iPN0aBA.png

Roy's swordmancing gets more and more incomprehensible by the day. What the ostrogoth is that? A broken chakram?

I also find it kind of funny how his head is the only part that remains in a normal state in the blurry mess that is his sprite in this frame.

My guess is that it's a whip-sword.

CZsAqe0.png

Once again, some enemies are quite rude. I mean, no respect, finger in the air and all.

l6QW3d1.png

Marcus is at his level 20 speed average. Let that sink in. I'm glad I can count on you, Marcus.

That's where my Marcus's speed went when I first played HHM!

Here's the turn count. Quite high, but it'll be highe--

SXk2FHe.png

Oh...

n6OBaGQ.png

OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHH!

Obligatory.

I know it's not legal, but I love you, Lilina.

The FBI would be knocking on my door any time soon if I were 'murican, but since I'm not... hah! I win!

I'm pretty sure whatever equivalent there is in wherever you're from will be in your door any minute.

Next time, we get more isleventures! (*Groans in the distance)

Wow, it's pretty great to see everyone doing so well, excepting Sue being Sue and Ogier being skilled at luck and lucky at nothing else :P .

A shame about Wendy though. I've seen her turn out well, and I thought if anyone could make that happen, it'd be Mr. Demigod Matthis Maker, but I suppose nothing can save a unit in need of babying from her own atrocious bases.

Edited by DestructionDragon360

Hey I'm back! Did you miss me? Probably not. I just answered my own question.

On 22/1/2018 at 12:40 PM, Rubenio said:

Treck and Marcus Jeigan for the rest of the team.

Treck? I have a lot to catch up to, it seems.

Holy moly, is Treck becoming the Matthis of this run?

Also, I noticed you are using Ogier. Hats off to you, O brave one.

I also noticed that his stats are godawful, but still.

NbQxMD3.png

Tbh it's surprising that she even lasted this long. If it was me playing she would've died in chapter 8.

Hahahah! Yes! Treck's going to be this LP's Matthis!

I EFFING CALLED IT!

HBFvujs.png

Roy goes back to his swordmancer ways as he summons a doubleblade.

What the... Calling that thing "blade" is too generous. How about "amorphous piece of bent iron" ?

iPN0aBA.png

image.png.82940df66414715b5d3533be670d895b.png <--- Maybe that thing?

F51FyYz.png

Do I need context to understand this, or...?