Let's make world conquest easier for Zephiel - Let's play Ironman Fire Emblem 6, without skills!

Saint Rubenio

You know... all things considered Elibe dragons have it better than Archanea dragons.

Merely running out of energy while in dragon form is better than said energy causing them to degenerate into insane killing machines.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

MBNN3iY.png

Guess what it is that we will not be getting today!

You know, for such a brilliant man, Zephiel didn't really think this one through. He could've given Idoun some ragged peasant clothes and sent her away to a random remote village to become a factory of generic dragons where nobody would bother to look for her. Instead, he drags her around the continent with him even when he doesn't want dragons to be summoned, which ensures anybody with half a brain and knowledge of the demon dragon's resurrection would be able to connect the dots.

Maybe he's just in love. That foolish human... to quote bestboss:

oaZX2Sj.png

Oh God! Let's move on.

So this map. This map is pretty intense: approaching the shrine from any side triggers Gale to appear alongside a crapton of Wyverns, and the Sage has bolting, meaning you have to rush Murdock or you risk losing somebody to Gale and his goons. There's also the fact that the map has a 30-turn time limit if you want to be able to actually finish the game. However, the main dish of the day are the Paladins and Wyverns: Murdock clearly knows that spamming strong units is the way to go, unlike, rather funnily, King Zephiel himself (you'll see when we get to chapter 21). What this all amounts to is a chapter that's quite tough, but very epic. When you beat this chapter, you know you've done a great job.

Lastly, this chapter introduces great phase themes.

KW4hAn7.png3zl9vKs.png

t6SeogJ.png7317RZp.png

lSThY1W.png

uAb8z41.png

Lot, why are you shooting a brush with white paint in it at the enemy? What do you hope to gain by painting his face white?

wb6Fp5x.pngJIqiP6B.pngEwleRwc.png

Sigh... 

Umnf2mN.png

SRa68mH.png

DcCSVVK.png

Oh, the reference was this piece of "so bad it's good". https://youtu.be/zAaB66b_r1c

Zephiel actually wanting to make Elibe safe for Idounn by clearing it of humans that would kill her for being a "demon dragon" might have made more sense as a motivation than his wanting to wipe out humans due to his father. More so if he was in love with her.

Even the hills are Morgan palette swaps in Bern. Either that or Sacae Roy's hatred for you has radiated through Bern's country-side, thus resulting in your ill-fated run through this chapter.

Not only are the phase themes great, Land of Dragons remains one of my go-to pieces of music for when I'm not playing videogames. Ironic really.

It'd be quite the turn-around if guilt from Dorothy's death caused Saul to actually become a decent person in this timeline. To honour her sacrifice.

Perhaps that archer is like me and gets migraines from paint fumes. Lot's merely decided to incapacitate him non-fatally in pity of the poor man's inability to pierce his own defenses.

Well... that starting bit about not getting the Binding Blade today had me worried at the potentially worse outcome that Roy made it through the chapter but took too many turns without you realizing it. Horrific to imagine  after the nightmare of getting here.

Meanwhile Morgan Lombriz learns Murphy's Law. Should not have opened his mouth.

12 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I aim to please. By, uh, killing all your favourite units with my incompetence. Except for Rutger, that one I murdered in cold blood because of my hatred for him.

While I'm still really holding on to the hope of Lugh getting rez'd or something as I mentioned, at least Cecilia hasn't died! ...Yet! Also, remind me why you hate Rutger again?

Well, to be fair, I've heard these japanese hacks are quite fond of stat inflation, so in that setting, these stats are... to be expected, I suppose?

It's one of the reasons why I appreciate Sword of Heaven and Earth so much. Somebody needs to get around to translating that one...

At the very least, the inflation here feels a bit like just a natural occurrence of the level caps being raised to 30 (and higher bases), at the very least to me feels pretty well done as opposed to going crazy high for the sake of it. There are definitely still some units with just garbage stats like poor Cecilia though, who has almost the same bases she does in 6 and AFAIK bad growths. At least she has the boon of gaining leadership stars.

Still strongly recommend it, though the idea of a blind ironman sounds absolutely horrifying.

15 is bad?! I throw a party when my mages manage to reach 10!

This got me curious actually. Lugh starts with a base 5 def in that game, and Sage promotion gives +3 (Mage Knight gives +2), so he gained 7 levels of defense over...58 total level ups. Which means if I did my math right he was actually below average by 1 if he has the same 15% growth he does in FE6.

By contrast my current one has gained 15 points in 32 levels...

13 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Lastly, this chapter introduces great phase themes.

Agreed, I've always really liked the player phase music here.

QOCCzky.png

Of course. It was too much to ask.

Oh this brings back bad memories of one playthrough. Map was going great, everybody getting great level ups, then Elen gets 1 shot by one of these punks who had a pretty low hit chance.

So... that's been the update, folks. I know, I know, that sucked a rat's ass. We didn't accomplish anything today. I'm sorry. Frankly, I'm only pushing this update because I don't want to leave you guys hanging for even longer than I already have. Yes, this is a filler update. Again, I'm truly sorry.

Next time, hopefully, we'll actually make it to Murdock. Or Gale. Or anyone. See you then.

Keep at it! I feel like this Chapter was always worse than 22 and 23, so it should be the last huge hurdle. Depending on who survives it anyways. And there's only 5ish chapters left? 21, 21x, 22, 23 and however you consider 24 and final which are more tedious than hard.

On 4/6/2018 at 2:34 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Does that mean you're going to miss this one?

Nope.

Good. I can talk shit about you and you'll never know. Here it goes: Franp3, I love you as much as Gabe Newell would. If you actually do read this, see if you can figure the riddle out.

I'll just assume that was a positive statement. Thank you.

QfsPHfU.pngTmAsvBR.png

...wishful thinking, or foolishness? Draw your own conclussions.

Y-Man is probably playing along, knowing that this is the exact same garbage he dropped at Lycia ~20 chapters ago.

Flier utility? What, exactly, is so useful about a flier that can't do anything at all and gets demolished by any two enemies (or, sometimes, one) that do so much as looking at her funny,

Also applies to Florina, Shanna, Tana, Marcia and just about every early game peg.

wb6Fp5x.pngJIqiP6B.pngEwleRwc.png

Sigh...

Affirmative. I denote the spectacularity of this event. I may also take this opportunity to express my Finger quotes "Amazement" at your tactical abilities, Saint Rubenio.

orCDQor.png

Byrlyat? Is he Ilian Russian?

Google Translate says it's just gibberish. No such luck with...

s6yUkvy.png

Earthworm. Pfffffft.

Umnf2mN.png

Has that sentence ever been this wrong?

JfPBcZE.png

VPQFHU3.pngPl9S6UM.png

MSBWNQO.png

DzEG0nS.pngRiWvzud.png

BzyHov5.pngFfXHgKQ.pngMY0eCej.pngmVDWljd.png

1yfh6d5.png

CPjX2XC.pngSRtVZLD.png

mGKJ3Lj.pngggTkDPE.pngx9vXC1U.png

L9ypBIT.png

JcGfjLT.png7kSWuNp.png

NhHkBsq.pngf8AJxpZ.png

p6QLwEI.pngTRUrHmL.png

bI84jfu.png2WWWBt4.png

IEzoDKU.png

ELVDUV9.pngxP9cfmy.png

pH0azGj.png

xM8P54U.png8ytRHJG.pngjYWjDZ6.png

F6LMBhG.pngIQe9iap.png

sHqCsya.png7U07WeT.png

re8T75S.png

Shp6M7B.png

Part 46 - Fluctuating speed.

On 4/6/2018 at 8:52 PM, Garlyle said:

Ummm, if I recall correctly, you can use up the Saint's Staff and still be able to reach the true ending. You only need Durandal, Armads, Forblaze, Aureola, Apocalypse, Murgleis and Maltet...

That is reassuring.

And patience and endurance and smart tactics and Lilina.

Lilina can't take a hit. She doesn't quite make it to the top of the Lot:useless scale.

But also keep Fa alive for extra credits.

All things considered, if I keep losing guys, I'm not even going to need Fa's wasted deployment slot. Hurray, right?

Hmm, maybe you are right about Juno, this map is not ideal for her to shine(a mage or archer more likely). In my opinion going all the way to the south and then turning at the bottom is the safest way, all other options gave me a lot of struggle. The final reinforcements by the shrine is going to slow you down, but you still going to have enough time, Gale will reach you most likely. 

Going to the south and turning at the bottom is what I always did, too... in normal mode. In hard mode, I'm afraid there's just way too much crap for my units to endure. Going east at least ensures you won't get sandwiched from the north, as there isn't map for enemies to be there.

On 4/6/2018 at 8:56 PM, Dayni said:

Well that was a mistake, I thought there was evil laughing in that clip.

Ah, don't worry.

I meant the B route.

They don't have Humphrey to help any more.

Orlo is still alive though.

Orlo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Humphrey, so I think we can safely assume Roy lost in the B route.

Now seriously, Roy likely still won in the B route, but knowing Orlo, he probably found a way to conceal his misdeeds and keep his position of power, living out the rest of his days cozily in tranquility, while keeping his people opressed and silenced.

I now like the B route better than the canon route. Dangit!

Nah, I think Valentia's is a bunch of Boies.

Why Boies? Boies isn't even from Valentia! Valentia's a bunch of Dozers, like in the original.

I'll just leave this here as appropriate background music.

Hah.

Do you get your LTC on?

No, actually, my idea was that only the next time was right, because those things would only happen the next time I attempted the chapter. As in, now.

Of course, that joke relies on me being able to win in my second attempt. Which, most likely, won't be happening.

I think it's betting on lots of dead, not who's winning.

The narrator's bet the farm on there being thousands dead.

The question is, will they be my casualties, or Murdock's? I'm thinking mine...

..... YES!

Fuck that shit, you know me better than that.

Miredy could have helped with the village (and the item could be sold for money, enough for a stat booster) and Perceval could distract a shit ton of level 5 wyverns with no weapons.

See?They could have been warm bodies to distract dangit! A fitting death for them (at least for your LP).

Actually, I'm going to make a statement for the record here, I don't hate Perceval and Minerva (either Minerva, as a matter of fact), certainly not to the point of using them as cannon fodder. Minerva I actually find to be a quite cool character, and while I don't really like using her because she trivializes the game, I have used her in the past and enjoyed it. Perceval is somewhat similar: while the guy's personality bores me, I don't dislike him or anything, and I have used him in the past (I have to say, his sprite is really nice).

The same applies to other great units that I have stayed away from, such as Sue's brother and both Lance and Allen (although, in Allen's case, I don't like him as a character, either).

The main reason I've avoided them like the plague is that I didn't (and don't) want this LP to be another generic FE6 LP with the exact same team as everyone else. I wanted to spice things up. It would be far too easy if I only used the powerhouses, would it not?

Now, as for Clarine and Rutger... yeah, those two I absolutely despise, and I admit I really do not regret killing them both off. I'm sorry. Does this make me a cold-blooded murdered?

I think he does. At least, in his right eye. 

You think wrong. My uncle works at Nintendo and he told me Gale definitely has no pupils.

Why this scene? We know reinforcements are coming anyway.

Hey, I had to excuse the plot reinforcements to make way for Matthis and co.'s own battle.

.... Because Elibe is bad for dragons.

It's not as bad as Archanea, as SoloCross wisely pointed out.

Roartz just couldn't stop leaving a bloody swathe across Etrurian politics.

No wonder Etruria's barely involved in the army under their own name.

And thus, once again I do a better job at explaining an inconsistency than IntSys.

Jeez, I can't stand praising myself like so. I must throw a jab at myself to make up for it...

Oh, I know. I, too, have forgotten about Lycia at this point! Silly me!

*Sad trumpet

Man, Yodel really is that bad huh?

He's a good staffbot and that's it. Honestly, he should've joined earlier. Remember how he was talking to Roy at the beginning of the second route split? That would've been perfect. Then, they could've made Juno/Dayan join in Yoder's place in chapter 21 with their country's legendary weapon, talking about how they and the other Ilians/Sacaeans opposed to Bern liberated Ilia/Sacae while Roy was away.

This way, not only does Yoder get to join earlier than Niime to balance out his lower bases, but we wouldn't have to give up on Dayan to go through Ilia, and we get an explanation as to why the other country is just magically liberated. It's brilliant! But, nope, gotta be as inconvenient as possible. This is FE6, after all.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

I sincerely hope you all are right.

Course, you'd want at least one use for the last 3 maps.

Not really. Physic is good enough.

Well that lance looks fitting of a king.

Maybe it's a gift from Mordred so Douglas is always by the king's side?

It does fit my "Dougy and Mordred are old, brother-like friends" theory.

Trying to use her in combat necessitates favouritism and the triangle attack.

Aha. You're the same guy who chastised me for using Dougy who does not need the triangle attack. Shame on you!

Well, that's the way the boi crumbles.

I was mad, all right? Just be thankful I only carved a hole in his skull, I could've taken his head like I did Nyna's and Merlinus's. Of course, that would've required another plate, and I'm all out of those.

Why is everyone copying Orlo?

Because not running out of ideas is hard, so I went "hey, wouldn't it be fun if, for Matthis's part of this chapter's plot, I made fun of the game's constant portrait recycling and made up an Orlo and a Morgan for the villains? It's not as if I've been making fun of them non-stop all LP, this is totally an original and fresh idea!".

There are other creepy bishops, people! You just look rather crap when you do it.

Hey, in my defense, I'll say that I'm quite happy of how Notlo turned out. Notgan's horrible, of course, but compensates for it by being slightly less cliché-bad than Notlo.

Anyways, Roy dies again. Zephiel wins.

I'm starting to wonder if we wouldn't be better off that way. All these Morgans and Orlos would be slaughtered alongside the rest of humanity, after all. Hmmm...

On 4/6/2018 at 11:29 PM, SoloCross said:

You know... all things considered Elibe dragons have it better than Archanea dragons.

Merely running out of energy while in dragon form is better than said energy causing them to degenerate into insane killing machines.

But here they're weaker. That balances it all out, right?

On 5/6/2018 at 7:39 AM, Mad-manakete said:

Oh, the reference was this piece of "so bad it's good". https://youtu.be/zAaB66b_r1c

Ah, I see. That makes sense.

Zephiel actually wanting to make Elibe safe for Idounn by clearing it of humans that would kill her for being a "demon dragon" might have made more sense as a motivation than his wanting to wipe out humans due to his father. More so if he was in love with her.

Yes, but IntSys wanted to reboot the series, so instead, we got Hardin 2.0.

Well, not really, there are enough things setting both of them apart to make it hard for me to call him a clone, but...

Even the hills are Morgan palette swaps in Bern. Either that or Sacae Roy's hatred for you has radiated through Bern's country-side, thus resulting in your ill-fated run through this chapter.

Does that mean I can pin every death from here on out on Sacae Roy?

Not only are the phase themes great, Land of Dragons remains one of my go-to pieces of music for when I'm not playing videogames. Ironic really.

Not really all that ironic, it's a good piece of music.

It'd be quite the turn-around if guilt from Dorothy's death caused Saul to actually become a decent person in this timeline. To honour her sacrifice.

I don't know... Saul's a really bad person.

Perhaps that archer is like me and gets migraines from paint fumes. Lot's merely decided to incapacitate him non-fatally in pity of the poor man's inability to pierce his own defenses.

That is a really weird way of showing mercy, but I suppose it works.

Well... that starting bit about not getting the Binding Blade today had me worried at the potentially worse outcome that Roy made it through the chapter but took too many turns without you realizing it. Horrific to imagine  after the nightmare of getting here.

I would've resetted the chapter, and probably taken another month or so to try again.

Meanwhile Morgan Lombriz learns Murphy's Law. Should not have opened his mouth.

I know that all too well. After all, I was the one who thought "it'll be FUN to make a FE6 ironman LP!".

On 5/6/2018 at 8:56 AM, Unknown Gamer11 said:

While I'm still really holding on to the hope of Lugh getting rez'd or something as I mentioned, at least Cecilia hasn't died! ...Yet! Also, remind me why you hate Rutger again?

Mainly, I don't like Navarres. Why in the world is every Lord so adamant on accepting unbalanced psycopaths into their army? I don't want every blue person to be a Good Guyand every red person to be a Bad Guy, that would be boring, but... Navarres are just that, Bad Guys. I've always disliked these over-the-top edgy characters, I find them to be highly unlikeable and simply not plausible good guys. So, to begin with, I don't like Rutger, which makes using him a chore for me. The fact that there exists another, much better done "edgy" character in this very game (Raigh) doesn't help Rutger's case.

But then, there is the fact that Rutger is the best unit in the game. He breaks and trivializes the game from chapter 4 onwards, never gets bad, his growths are good enough, his bases are godly, he gets +30 crit after promoting, he supports with other great units to further turn the game into a slideshow of destruction... I just don't like that, it's probably my least favourite factor of FE6. I may not be the best player ever, far from it, but when I'm looking for a challenge, I want that. To me, "Make Rutger do things" is not a challenge, it's an exercise on boredom.

Guys like Marcus are more reasonable, because at least they drop off (normally they do, at least), so there is an incentive not to use them for absolutely everything. Rutger? Rutger just keeps going. And I could forgive that (heck, I've used Seth before in FE8), if it wasn't for the fact that he's an absolutely irredeemable bastard. Which is why I never use him. If you want to use him, go ahead, but don't ask me to.

But at least he's not Clarine. Rutger being a nutcase helps distance myself from him, because hey, he's not very realistic. Clarine is the sort of character that I could very well meet in real life, and that's really not a good thing, because it's a big part of why she's my most hated character in the franchise.

At the very least, the inflation here feels a bit like just a natural occurrence of the level caps being raised to 30 (and higher bases), at the very least to me feels pretty well done as opposed to going crazy high for the sake of it. There are definitely still some units with just garbage stats like poor Cecilia though, who has almost the same bases she does in 6 and AFAIK bad growths. At least she has the boon of gaining leadership stars.

Why does everyone hate Cecilia?

Still strongly recommend it, though the idea of a blind ironman sounds absolutely horrifying.

Might try it out at some point. I must admit, the lack of a translation held me back from trying it, but... I suppose it didn't stop me from trying Sword of Heaven and Earth, and I really enjoyed that one.

This got me curious actually. Lugh starts with a base 5 def in that game, and Sage promotion gives +3 (Mage Knight gives +2), so he gained 7 levels of defense over...58 total level ups. Which means if I did my math right he was actually below average by 1 if he has the same 15% growth he does in FE6.

Below average by 1 is better than below average by 10. Or dead.

By contrast my current one has gained 15 points in 32 levels...

Mine is dead. Then he wasn't dead, and then he was dead again. I like Lugh, just in case there were any doubts about that.

Agreed, I've always really liked the player phase music here.

It is good, although it doesn't hold a candle to some of Tear Ring Saga's best tunes, in my opinion.

Oh this brings back bad memories of one playthrough. Map was going great, everybody getting great level ups, then Elen gets 1 shot by one of these punks who had a pretty low hit chance.

Nice, don't we all just love Fire Emblem? At least you could go back.

Keep at it! I feel like this Chapter was always worse than 22 and 23, so it should be the last huge hurdle. Depending on who survives it anyways. And there's only 5ish chapters left? 21, 21x, 22, 23 and however you consider 24 and final which are more tedious than hard.

Yes, 24 and final probably will be done in one update, if things turn out fine, and then I'll push the finale in one separate update, like I did in FE12. Don't take my word for it, though, things might change when we get there.

On 6/6/2018 at 5:57 PM, Franp3 said:

Nope.

How dare you lie to me?

I'll just assume that was a positive statement. Thank you.

Gaben hates the number 3, c'mon, Franp, are you losing your touch or what?

Y-Man is probably playing along, knowing that this is the exact same garbage he dropped at Lycia ~20 chapters ago.

Damnit Yoder, don't enable him!

Also applies to Florina, Shanna, Tana, Marcia and just about every early game peg.

But flier utility. The pros will tell you they're amazing, each and every one of them.

And, eh, in an efficiency or LTC setting, they'd be very much right. I'm afraid I am just much too casual for early peggies to be of my liking, however.

Affirmative. I denote the spectacularity of this event. I may also take this opportunity to express my Finger quotes "Amazement" at your tactical abilities, Saint Rubenio.

Go fuck yourself, and bring the rest of the readers with you. This is all your fault, you've been working to jinx my playthrough since day one! You can't blame me! I have done nothing wrong! NOTHING!!

Byrlyat? Is he Ilian Russian?

Google Translate says it's just gibberish.

Yes, I wanted to make fun of other FE bosses with names that are just gibberish, such as... Orridyon... Xemcel... Volzhin... they may be actual names somewhere, but damn are the ugly.

No such luck with...

Earthworm. Pfffffft.

That is obviously a jab at all those stupid bosses with spanish words for names. I mean, Earthworm is not much stupider than Warrior the Berserker, or Letters, the background character from Shadow Dragon, is it?

Has that sentence ever been this wrong?

Eh, have I ever said it in my LPs...?

On 6/6/2018 at 8:58 PM, eclipse said:

The FE8 colors look fine on most of the characters. . .

FE8 colours? More like "I don't really care about keeping the colour palette consistent with the limited 16 colours of the GBA titles" colours. Although, I do try to make sure nobody unintentionally stands out too much.

but the new villains. . .ow.  My eyes haven't forgiven you yet!

Yes, that's sort of the point. I'm sorry, I've reached that point where I have laid out all the important things I want to do with the plot up to the end, but have no idea how to fill the holes, so... I just do crap like that.

13 hours ago, Pengaius said:

So to summarise the craziness of this LP so far

image.jpeg

Oh, hey, new reader. That's always nice, even if your debut in the thread is a reference that I am, as always, not getting. Even so, that picture has just the right amount of laziness and badassery to be in perfect balance. Kudos to you, you did well!

Spoiler

Last time, we failed miserably. This time, I will attempt to ensure this does not become a rehearsal of last time.

OIu83CN.png

To that end, I hereby conduct a change of plans and have everyone head east.

oeCGGxv.png0zKK35S.pngOkbRQ0d.png5NBnztl.png

Why, yes, I did forget to have Niime use the angelic robe.

AGNmtW8.png

Next turn I actually do it, which is a relief. Hurray, now only half of the map one-shots you!

UFVVzYA.png

Remember how Hugh is our faster Sage? Yep, he can't double Wyvern Riders. Everybody's pandering to Lilina suddenly seems a little more reasonable, if it wasn't for the fact that she can't take a hit.

RLQ1Fpl.pngsD3UOn2.png

In other news, Hugh does not need to double to get a kill.

TVQn4O7.png

Juno is completely useless. Nothing new to see here.

eZiiFdB.png

Roy hands over the dough to Merlinus so he can do actual merchant things, like turning investment goods into spending cash.

LW4Ghgg.png

Watch closely, everybody. You are about to witness maximum Marcus.

UwsyEap.pngZkri1sJ.png

Durandal, it is finally time for you to see some use!

7r3eJl4.png

Kaboooooom! it's power was so strong, the screen faded from existance into the dark light of the endless void!

pp78azM.png

Heheheheheheheh... eat your heart out, Eliwood, for the worthiest wielder of Durandal is... Marcus!

XdcgagA.png4oTt1Td.png

Wyvern Lords are really, really tough. Best be wary.

eYPPTK3.png

Lilina's higher magic allows her to one-shot Riders with aircalibur.

pePLXZ9.pngbJvpDss.pngsoUxIc7.pnghSsSWQ4.png

Cecilia can't quite pull it off, but that's okay, chip damage is always good, especially when it chips three fourths of the enemy's health bar.

ReApnRm.pngRZumToh.png1cy9Vop.png

Nice, no more enemies in our inmediate vicinity.

rIABxXY.png

Unfortunately, Murdock was quick to fix that.

qrX1NQD.png

The Sage didn't quite make it to us, so instead of more fighting scenes, you get to see Cecilia giving back the aircalibur tome to Lilina. In retrospect, I probably should've given her a tome of her own.

FoZLjwH.png

Lot vs Wyvern Lord. He doubles them and almost kills them, and this doesn't even take Wade's +3 damage bonus into account, since he was too far away at the time this screenshot was taken.

7WQhvSh.png

See?

I think this is a good moment for our daily reminder that Lot is the best thing to have ever happened to me in this game.

UCrQCBQ.pngjcjBCGE.png

While Tate puts Lot's victim out of his misery, Lilina destroys another Rider.

ziueW4g.png

Blech...

zOwMghQ.pngnPMDTvK.pngax6Cibs.png

The deed done, Juno and Niime (yes, an elderly woman is strong enough to lift Lilina) get her out of harm's way.

3xGQZhL.pngOSD0tyK.pngbGpiIzh.pngJhZSBMG.png

Igrene and Dougy team up to fight Wyverns, to varying degrees of success. Meanwhile, Saul wounds the Sage. Hmmmm... I wonder...

HRKrmPP.png

Hah! Yes!

1a7OUAs.png

Hold on, better get Cecilia out of there first. We don't want her having blood splattered all over her, now do we?

pMdF9Cl.png

Goodbye!

sFzS3Eh.png

Point for Pherae!

dJvDR5P.pngVMHRXhs.png4jECfJG.png

Man, Cecilia's running out of staves. Stop stealing them from her, you guys!

ya8ofSG.pngBZlXAnk.png6Egxnai.png

Nothing left but to sell some useless trinkets, put Cecilia back on her feet, and press the end button, praying that nobody dies.

F0xRX3x.pngvO67eUA.png

Hwahahahah! Killer lance? More like "miller lance", because you should've become a miller instead of joining the war effort!

9hH8bCU.png

Wyvern Lords in a nutshel: they almost 3-shot my best unit. How is this reasonable?

BIYD8O4.png

Marcus does not give a damn, though. He's been fighting for decades, and he'll fight for a few decades more, no problem!

d1Tn0oU.png3h7uW4y.png

Ah! Juno, no!

idVna9R.png

Okay, good, nobody else could reach her. Huff...

wjB6iRB.pngyoMUjNb.png

Niime kills a man for the WEXP. She takes a hit, but since she no longer has 25 HP, it's marginally less of a problem than it usually would be.

l2LrjAe.png

Especially so because Hugh is desperate to get in her good books. Healing her is a good start, Hugh.

NAfvFQn.pngF9d0T1F.pngr6YIUpL.png4jeWLAN.png

The axe siblings team up to destroy this Wyvern Lord. It's a shame I have no bows to spare, Wade could really use something better than iron, and the armory here only sells silver stuff.

PNz4blM.pngCAiV3oJ.png

Look at that hefty damage. Yoder ain't that bad.

XWjFlfR.png

However, he's capped, so Igrene takes the kill instead.

282XTfk.pngc99Gh8w.png

Juno gives Cecilia back her staff so the best Valkyrie can heal up worst Falcoknight after she failed to be useful.

V988hZu.png

Then Sue stabs herself in the face with an arrow because she's dumb like that.

3PVuv9F.png

Nice, two statboosters! If only I didn't need weapons desperately.

JgewxaX.pngrBa3cy4.pngJfJK5gc.pngAPZ0iWc.png

This Sage has been circling around the mountains, trying to catch up to us, but to no avail, and now he's going to commit suicide against Sue. I assure you, I'll cry after you bite the dust. Same with those idiotic Wyvern Riders.

RJj5Dls.pngxqTyUf0.png

Oh, wow, he actually hit him. Kudos to you, dude.

f1zwZkl.png

Nice dodge, Yoder.

WGtBXo1.pngChGNQwB.png

Nice crit, Yoder! Good show!

bcicQNp.png1X6uBQG.png

Oh, this is unbelievable... Sue can't kill a Sage! Even with a better bow, he wouldn't be able to pull it off without a crit!

VVLKZ23.pngzwV0R29.png

I find it positively amazing how Lot will only critically hit the one Wyvern Lord he happens to one-round. Of course, you could take out everything but "one-round" and it would still be positively amazing. More so, in fact. You don't see somebody one-rounding Wyvern Lords without legendary weapons in this game every day. Also, Lilina.

pNtrp4w.pngYcsujt2.png67JDv0F.pngQR3NIwX.png

More clean-up. I'm somewhat surprised that the reinforcements haven't been triggered yet. It seems you need to go further into the east path than you need the southern path to trigger them. It was a good idea to head this way.

cyBQlHw.png

Ah, shite, these guys can reach Cecilia...

yOIPQVx.png

And they have just enough speed to double her! Noo--

pg0U05O.png

Never mind, they instead have just enough speed not to double her. Three hurrahs for the constitution weight system.

5hgJHCZ.pngL2OTsiy.pngZmXVJea.pngZEW2Ztv.png

Still, I'd much rather she dodged, so let's put her within support range of Lilina.

0FCHWks.png

We can't do it now because Cecilia's in the way, but next turn, let's sell some more crap, because as we know, we haven't a single person who can use the Wo Dao.

ZnOXHUy.pngp8o3Oay.pngUkZ0yPQ.png

Oh, good God, Sue could've been killed. Damnit! These guys are too powerful! An army befitting of a man such as Murdock.

BAxjbJe.pngFaVxdst.pngS3lujdN.png

They are no match to bows and/or Wade, though. Hmmmm, 7 HP... I wonder...

Upq6Ozk.png

Never mind.

BNZoWrT.png

You do it, Tate. As always.

fha71oI.pngnOiayuT.png31zdcfa.png

This time, Lot doesn't get hit by the divine light. Too bad for you, Bishop. You couldn't accomplish what seems to be your one goal in life.

3pkkld8.pngdNm4xdu.png

Healing, selling, buying. In hindsight, I should've probably used the silver card for this, but I didn't because I'm a dumbass. Also, only 600 gold for the Wo Dao? Really?

CSJjCC5.png

It seems Scott was dumber than I gave him credit for. Maybe I should drop him in the generic bosses tier list... bah, it's not worth the time.

ykn5R72.png

Anyway, I bought a divine tome, a flux tome, a few thunder and elfire tomes, staves, things like that.

xKbjW1p.pngCvtscRw.pngP8n9lvq.pngXPpdIbR.png

And some fighting later, turn's over.

NQLNQle.png

Ah, shit, here they are. The lack of reinforcing was good while it lasted...

297dfPq.png7iyyylJ.pngJFeDu1Y.png

Of course, they couldn't reach anybody from the eastern team, and no reinforcements popped up at the west, so nothing bad's happened.

FGKNvFt.png

...ergh, nothing too bad, that is.

jUQgy4l.png

Jesus fucking Christ almighty, what is this? These Wyvern Lords can withstand a blow from a legendary weapon! The legendary weapon that increases strength, no less!

t3YI74L.png

No more, though.

lXJd4Vx.png

Here are the stats of these assholes, just for curiousity's sake. They're a little worse than Lot in everything but strength and HP (and that's only because they're dirty cheaters), but that's the saddest part. They're a little worse than my best unit. Everyone else just doesn't compare!

nHKKAjB.png

Regardless, since his HP is low enough thanks to Hugh's hurtful air, Igrene can step in and finish the job without needing to waste any legendary weapon uses.

H529jmE.png

Also, she gets a great level. Hey, that's... pretty damn awesome, all things considered! She now has the same speed as our late Sniper on top of her superior defenses. Her HP could use some work, but other than that, I'm proud of you, replacement prepromote.

Besides, you support Dougy, which in itself is a very important factor to take into account.

7PdHz5j.pngE2AEaYO.pngQKDtWl1.png

These odds aren't too bad, but I fear we'll get overwhelmed if too many waves of reinforcements like this come. Which, rest assured, they will.

Bc8xouH.png6YeMIs9.png

The western squad faces more mundane challenges, such as Juno's quest to try to be of use. She's failing miserably, if you couldn't tell.

UKQ4ulQ.pngfwIvIRX.png

Sue! You already cannot kill him in two hits, what are you missing for? Are you stupid?

iJiSy3h.png

Yes, yes you are. Urgh... one might be tempted to say she's better than Igrene, but lest you forget, Sue does not have a support partner, and she never will. Roy belongs to Marcus, Dayan is unavailable, her brother's still level 5 unpromoted, Wolt is long since dead and Fae is useless.

PIqzF4Q.png

Gaze upon this unprecedented occurrence, readers of this thread! Juno is about to kill something!

ZlznCzx.png

Amazeballs. If this had Tear Ring Saga's EXP formula, she'd get a shitton of EXP from this, because she's useless and just getting a kill is quite the accomplishment. But of course, level 9 promoted in a GBA game.

Eaw0xoX.png

Lilina levels up. Defense?

QzZ3UIX.png

How? What were the chances of this happening with her growths!? Her skill growth is her second lowest growth, only surpassed (or, underpassed) by her defense growth! Should I consider myself lucky? Because I sure as heck won't!

f2e5MDy.pngiHwYm8M.png

The Knight's death comes to pass. I don't remember who killed him, so let's just say he suffered an epileptic seizure due to the bright lights of the flashbang.

vPsHiN5.png

Here is the armory. I can't buy much of anything.

QBoXmsU.pngmYIt5v2.png

Okay, I think we'll live.

iI2cy7c.png

Sheesh...

aT4a0q5.pngOWclyyH.pngPysmWha.png

Bishops from both sides attack. Yoder fares better.

UOl7e3Z.pngVoUXSLJ.png

Nice! Hugh now doubles Riders.

8CN6kq2.pngQlla72v.png

See if you can spot the differences between these screenshots. There aren't too many: the end result is Wyvern blood for both.

DBXfPwO.pngg2u6wTH.png

The Lord fares

CN78NI3.png

AAAAAAAAAHHH little better... dang!

8IU0L53.png

One last fresh recruit tries his luck against Marcus. Little did he know, though, Marcus is the best Oifey.

JmDHrmB.png

Saul hasn't been doing much of anything thus far. Let us change that, shall we?

A1yjC1X.png

Oh, you've got to be kidding me.

VPkqBqI.png

I have no idea what this is, but I sure hope it's that Wyvern Lord Saul failed to kill being felled.

ibvQDgk.png

Ah, no, it was just someone jeiganing this guy for Hugh.

Fa4sIJq.png

Cool. That's pretty cool. Still not enough to double Lords, but eh... perhaps it's best that way.

EsyPtFH.pngcXHvmHJ.png

Down with you! Dougy shall prove his loyalty to his king, blizzard spear in hand!

ZaqKbS3.png3TERy9G.png

Also, Igrene's critrate is amazing.

EwOw8i8.png

"Hurr durr Ruben stop wasting the legendary weapons you need them for chapter 24"

To which I respond, "screw you, I need these guys dead now more".

ok22mX7.pngRLdD6Np.png

Okay, that doesn't look so bad... I'm a little worried about Hugh, but he shouldn't get swarmed. He can't double the Lord, and javelins and longbows are no big deal.

fhMuU1n.png2mx64VU.pngR4G2fAL.png

Nice. Excellent performance, Lot. Given our levels thus far (prepromotes aside, because I guess this is opposite day or something), I can only assume yours will be shit too...

TBjs1cG.png

...hwahahahahahah! Hahahahahahah! Yeah! I'm so in love with this man. I know, I know, that's gay, but... damn, can you blame me? This man is going to carry the rest of the LP on his shoulders while the others attempt to feel better about themselves.

Wait, what am I talking about? He has already carried the entire LP! Remember how he took on chapter 7, or when he killed Leygance after 200 turns? I 'member.

dEP0vLk.png

Hey, let's not forget about Wade, either. He's worse than Lot, for sure, but he's still very good.

ApIE1sw.png2s3w8vc.pngnMYSw2S.png

Then there's the other units. I'm happy with them also.

oAouebU.png

2000 gold. That means I can buy a single weapon! I don't think I ever did buy one, because, one again, I'm dumb, but eh... it's the intention that counts.

QoYhClP.pngduLXjVm.pngI9Y5vDJ.pngCTjqeX9.png

Nice, very nice indeed!

DFpA8io.pngPjSOj1K.pngDfZouiV.pngHcenXoP.png

That isn't so nice, but so long as she doesn't get one-shot, she's good.

FqgT1OC.png

Ah-ha, Apocalypse level! Just in time, too. Now she just needs to survive...

EVod5Om.png

Ah, God damn! But it's okay, nobody else can reach him. Unless he crits, that is...

qYmXG4I.pngxf2ygLH.png

Good. Thank you for not killing yourself, Hugh.

TAOWBUt.png

Wait a minute... that isn't right.

zyZa3uV.png

WHAT!?

HE DOUBLED THE ASSHOLE! HE'S BEEN THE ENTIRE CHAPTER FAILING TO DOUBLE THESE PIECES OF SHIT, BUT AS SOON AS I WANT HIM NOT TO DOUBLE, HE UP AND DECIDES THAT IS THE PERFECT TIME TO START DOUBLING! WHAT A LOAD OF... POOP!

BESIDES, THE NUMBERS DON'T ADD UP, DAMNIT! THEY DO NOT!

lXJd4Vx.png

Remember this? This, for those of you who cannot do basic math, is not something 19 speed can double. Which means this fucking demon of a game started to send enemies with lower stats just to screw me over like this! MURDOCK DOWNGRADED HIS OWN TROOPS JUST TO CATCH ME OFF-GUARD! WHAT A BRILLIANT TACTICIAN, THAT MAN! FUCK MY LIFE! FUCK IT HARD!

Q4ttFfq.pngLATDh1P.png

If I read a SINGLE sentence from one of you Lilina worshippers trying to downplay this, I'm having her KILLED! DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!

e7dnr9N.pngAzXWI5d.png

Go to hell. Go to hell, and I hope your entire family will be there to greet you. And your puppy, and your cat, and the son you would've had with your wife had you and her not been killed! Burn, BUUURN!!

x4JGsry.pngNvWBCXl.pngL4GVAZZ.pngHIBj2dJ.png

Same for you, and you, and you! Damn you all to the deepest circles of hell!

n1bjwpn.png

Shit. Screw this game, seriously! What am I going to do with Niime now?! She'll have a hard time surviving without a support partner!

I suppose Yoder's still available... but I would've loved to reach her A support with Hugh, it's a very good one. But, nope, can't allow that, must ruin every semblance of enjoyment I can possibly get out of this... torture device they call "a game"!

Cyqv8G3.png

Oh, and in case you thought things couldn't get any worse, here are these assholes I hadn't noticed until now. Motherfuckin' Murdock managed to flank us! Is one of those LTC pros controlling him unbeknownst to me? Is he one of those LTC pros, once again, unbeknownst to me?

zT0AkXG.pngk9QbM1q.pngmFsdHFP.pnggL6pbDV.png

He'll go after Merlinus for sure, won't he?

QjtoGC5.pngTRQb7DN.png

Ergh... Saul? Why Saul?

mNt4cM2.png

Why is she using a flux tome? That does not help her chances of survival! What was I thinking?!

THIffpQ.pngp4SHisg.png

Yes! Yes, she missed! Victory!

1uLNcdu.pngYRGi2lZ.png

Crap, that isn't the Wyvern Lord...

X0zL0cV.pngiNA0GWO.png

Oh, no, Roy!

7sSp8lA.png

Oh, dear... bah, but Saul's great at dodging. He couldn't have chosen a worse--

APgzsbL.png

Why?! Why must this always happen to me!?

7dgTZRR.png

Oh my God. I'm going to lose Saul as well now.

XZKs6xR.png

Now that's just the cherry on top of the pie. How fitting, since cherries are the same colour as blood.

ZXilR29.png

Ack! Roy! Duck! Do a somersault! DO SOMETHING THAT WILL NOT RESULT IN A RESET!!

gpbQkV5.png

Nice. I love my protagonist.

czfYykW.png

Oh, I can't believe this... WHAT IN THE WORLD IS THIS!? THEY'D NEED AT LEAST 17 SPEED TO DOUBLE ROY'S 13! SO WHY THE HELL WAS THERE EXACTLY ONE LORD THAT HUGH COULD DOUBLE WITH 19!? HAVE ONE OR THE OTHER, GAME, YOU CAN'T JUST CHANGE THE RULES ON THE FLY LIKE THIS!

rAgvinW.png

I hate this game. I despise it with all my soul! But more than that, I abhor myself for liking it! AAAAARGH! SAAAAAAAAAAUL!!

kqJm230.png

HUUWWAAAARRRGHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You may be thinking, "bleeeh pffft Ruben your ovareactinnnng". Well, NO! YOU KNOW WHY!? YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHY, BUT I'LL REMIND YOU ANYWAYS:

epRlMlp.pngRepp4Wd.png

mF91EvI.pngGkj3o0x.png

This has happened before, and it will happen again if I let it! But I won't! I'll spit out my lungs screaming NO if that's what it takes!

uuLtnLG.pngWzfK5jV.png

Die, die, die, die, DIE! ALL OF YOU! NONE SHALL SURVIVE!

QlzBojE.png

That will do you no good.

dAVwl49.png

That is it. And now...

E4SAlEN.pngjOP8e3B.png

Let's save Boi, shall we? Dougy, you go first!

GlwYM3C.png

Niime, soften this other guy up!

l3jC6C6.png

Oh, blistering fucking barnacles...

6glorLl.png

At least he dodged. No matter, I have enough units left to finish these guys off.

NkIdq5x.png

Like so.

9vFofjH.png

AHHH! WHAT!? NO!

WHAT WERE THE ODDS!? WHAT DID I EVER DO TO THIS GAAAAMEEEEEE!?!?!

V9979M0.png

Finally! Someone managed to hit, and it's the guy with the lowest chance of them all. Life sure is great!

eFErj73.png

It's fine, it's fine. Saul can finish the last Lord off...

Wait... can he?

YcmBnZ0.png

Oh, you son of a bitch...

8cYxBf2.png

You know? I think we just lost. There is no way this turn is going to go by without somebody dying, and it's all thanks to the RNGoddess deciding to punish me for... what, exactly? I don't understand... tell me why! What have I done to deserve this?! Was I Hitler in my last life or something!?!

Well, desperate times call for desperate measures.

paFuSgv.pngFSNVuIc.png

This is giving me flashbacks to chapter 7, and that is never a good thing. Juno... take the fall for the actually important guys.

MdRt11x.png

Okay, so this guy goes to heal...

BXQgK0a.png

Oof! Raargh!

C9TEPGT.png

Noooohoohohohoho... aaaaaaargh! Why must you torture me like this!? We both know you'll kill him at the end, game!

5g4rFdq.pngCU2oW07.png

Oh, Astolfo too? Nice! Nice! More deaths, more! I want more! I want Murdock to reach "Law of Sacae"'s killcount, so I can have a valid excuse to quit!

7TIHTuX.pngfqs2odr.png

Just kidding. There's too little of the game left to quit now. I must see the mission through.

ND7mz1e.pngxSNedf5.pngYZaPArs.pngxIU3igA.png

...and it seems we may do just that yet, because Roy is feeling oddly competent today! He even critted the asshole! For all the good it did him, but still!

RqyEnzT.png

C'mooon, c'mooon... this may end well(ish)...

508T45H.png

Gasp, shit, fuck! Argh, cunt! My goodness, okay, he dodged... blistering barnacles!

rOSmtYS.png

We... we did it?

Oh, goodness gracious... haah... huff...

Okay. Good. This is good.

Unless, of course, all of my assholes miss again and we have to go through another round of this torture!

2wRUrRe.pngjlQTBYP.png

Don't let me down again, Igrene, or else, you shall be punished... and I won't even have time to do it myself!

Myrkz2M.png

It's a sad day when nailing an 81% hit is cause for celebration.

sanBsfd.pngOoeSZHy.png

I can't even rely on Marcus anymore! What has the world come to?

IxMw2WS.png

Saul, you're better at combat than your master. Have his inferior tome.

ltktEeo.pngth6hwdk.pngjEyICcg.png

Whoa, that's bright. I like it.

ToyRtLA.png

Perhaps you could get a crit... pretty please...?

pbpuTrN.pngFE2gcFz.png

Well, colour me surprised, something went as I wanted for once.

DxbAe3I.png

Lot, too, destroys a man. His critical hit is so strong, he and his opponent temporarily fade from existance.

GSHXUaU.pngFZ21U1v.png

That'll be a level up for Wade.

QnY1BHN.png

Pah.

YRpKSAH.pngSrsieS7.png

Things are looking better than before, although I am worried about the fact that three Wyverns can reach Lilina.

EOW606b.png

This guy continues to heal up. Truly he's the smartest of this lot.

8qnCs2z.pngJ64Pulq.pngYCTYjmv.png

No, seriously, what did I ever do to this game? Who has sacrificed a lamb to curse me and my playthrough of this game?! WHY AM I ABOUT TO LOSE ALL OF MY SAGES IN ONE CHAPTER!?

40EG69H.png

Fuck me sideways, she lived despite having a low chance of dying? Unheard of!

ZWSVsma.png

And now the guy's down.

yWjogSm.pnga8ckipS.pngAFyMbW1.pngYQP2ysI.png

Look, Cecilia is about to level up. For all the good it'll do her: at this point, she could get a perfect level up and it wouldn't make a difference. Still, I like seeing numbers go up, so...

vgkxfsU.pngvHy9Gzc.png21Dx2jQ.pngI3VeQDR.png

Fuck you, game. Fuck you for forcing me to employ four units to bring down this guy when he just needed a little softening up for Saul to be able to pull it off.

zMPRifu.png

Sigh... at the very least, it seems it's over for the time being. Hugh's death is saddening, but ultimately, affordable. If Lilina died, I would've had to reset just to keep the forblaze, so if someone had to die... unnh.

FiZhL0E.pngTLCg029.png

You know, I'm starting to think part of the reason Juno is so bad is that the RNGoddess has seemingly declared war on me.

8b4Sune.pnghzMn2zx.png

Well, thus far, I appear to be doing rather decently, taking into account that my opponent is an incorporeal entity that cannot be harmed in any way beyond shutting off the game and quitting.

xsq9j0P.png

Nice, but you still get doubled by everything, so... still, more HP and defense means you can take two hits reliably enough. Well done, Cecilia.

aih0f4b.png

Really?

GFZ5JxC.png

Ah. Okay.

TO2pDzZ.png

Heading south.

wHGFbJn.pngWHcZVl5.pngR4d7c0I.pngkGbgWBh.png

There was a welcoming comittee waiting for us there. They weren't up to the task, I'm afraid.

NYkjMlB.pngFieYGGy.pnglA9n4Dp.pngql1d4vJ.png

Well, then. Time to proceed on to the second part of the chapter. Let's check the turn count...

3nTJlPt.png

Ah, 15 of 30. We're half way there in more ways than one, which makes this the perfect moment to call it a day or five. Next time, we begin the second part of the map, and hopefully, nobody else will die before Roy is able to park his ass on top of Murdock's throne. Until then, I leave you with some more uninspired plot. See you next time.

59kXXyV.png

3AU78EP.pngOkU6sCC.png

OQU6G9Q.pngVw7YZnt.pnghImLvw1.png

mWFozl2.pngwf0h99C.png

75pZrQF.png

waNXFwo.pngUjdWWMr.png

HxMEOu1.png0IDYNTw.png

g5GrUM1.pngNhEce7z.png

kdbzdrc.pngH9xoCfO.png

SvyjRFZ.png

3bH00WC.pngrXRp76d.png

LrhZepa.png5YqcmmD.png

zUzgY9T.png

zr8arfU.pngkUcbOLA.png

5up4ZLW.png6FCw5Tr.pngx8BULdg.png

QdKGhfY.png570ULRf.pngOsxjtEt.png

Fxz0C9t.png

To be continued.

Death count: Bors
                        Wolt
                        Deke
                        Lugh

Rutger
                        Noah
                        Clarine
                        Lance
                        Jerrot

Fir
                        Wendy
                        Og
ier
                        Treck
                        Barth

Bartre

Elen
                        Echidna
                        Cath
                        Sophia

Raigh

Zeiss

Tate

Lalum
                        Igrene
                        Astolfo
                        Lilina
                        Cecilia
                        Interest

Dorothy
                        Perceval
                        Everybody

Hugh

*Discharged

*Only dead in Ilia

*Only dead in route B

*Only dead in route A

*Only dead in Sacae

*???

Reset count (Roy's death): 8

Dishonorable reset count (other reasons): 2

Merlinus death count: 14

37 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

If I read a SINGLE sentence from one of you Lilina worshippers trying to downplay this, I'm having her KILLED! DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME?!

Well, it's only a loss of 10,000 gold, some stat boosters, Niime's support partner, the exp investment, the guiding ring and the value of his inventory, so all in all it's not that big a deal.

Go ahead Mr Joster, kill your only good option for Forblaze, that's right you can't you aren't Marcus enough to pull that bluff off

44 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Go to hell. Go to hell, and I hope your entire family will be there to greet you. And your puppy, and your cat, and the son you would've had with your wife had you and her not been killed! Burn, BUUURN!!

Bern

I guess you can add this to the silenced Hugh counter, he's just been silenced FOREVER.:B):

But actually hard luck, that must've hurt.

23 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

3pkkld8.pngdNm4xdu.png

Healing, selling, buying. In hindsight, I should've probably used the silver card for this, but I didn't because I'm a dumbass. Also, only 600 gold for the Wo Dao? Really?

CSJjCC5.png

It seems Scott was dumber than I gave him credit for. Maybe I should drop him in the generic bosses tier list... bah, it's not worth the time.

EVod5Om.png

Ah, God damn! But it's okay, nobody else can reach him. Unless he crits, that is...

qYmXG4I.pngxf2ygLH.png

Good. Thank you for not killing yourself, Hugh.

TAOWBUt.png

Wait a minute... that isn't right.

zyZa3uV.png

WHAT!?

HE DOUBLED THE ASSHOLE! HE'S BEEN THE ENTIRE CHAPTER FAILING TO DOUBLE THESE PIECES OF SHIT, BUT AS SOON AS I WANT HIM NOT TO DOUBLE, HE UP AND DECIDES THAT IS THE PERFECT TIME TO START DOUBLING! WHAT A LOAD OF... POOP!

lXJd4Vx.png

BXQgK0a.png

Oof! Raargh!

C9TEPGT.png

Noooohoohohohoho... aaaaaaargh! Why must you torture me like this!? We both know you'll kill him at the end, game!

sanBsfd.pngOoeSZHy.png

I can't even rely on Marcus anymore! What has the world come to?

TO2pDzZ.png

Heading south.

Vw7YZnt.png

The alternative to Scott being an even bigger idiot than you thought would be that Merlinus is a worse businessman than you thought and got gypped. Ignore the fact that anyone else would have got the same price, because he's the one who is a trader.

Only way to explain it is Sacae Roy's curse. Sacae Roy created that off stat Wyvern Lord to ruin everything.

Incidentally, does you pointing out that Lilina having Forblaze count as someone downplaying it? Because you did that.

Saul continues to prove only the good die young. Hence poor Hugh copping it and his continued survival. What did Marcus do to live this long?

The mission takes a poetic turn when the direction you travel more or less could be used to sum up the way the battle went. Heading south indeed.

Lombritz being better than he looked was almost a given to be fair. After all, if one looks like Morgan, one looks like a buffoon by default.

I also forgot to mention when I originally posted this, but decided to add that I once knew a girl a lot like Clarine. Thankfully I haven't seen that one since graduation.

Edited by Mad-manakete
Additions made plain in the text.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Actually, I'm going to make a statement for the record here, I don't hate Perceval and Minerva (either Minerva, as a matter of fact), certainly not to the point of using them as cannon fodder. Minerva I actually find to be a quite cool character, and while I don't really like using her because she trivializes the game, I have used her in the past and enjoyed it. Perceval is somewhat similar: while the guy's personality bores me, I don't dislike him or anything, and I have used him in the past (I have to say, his sprite is really nice).

The same applies to other great units that I have stayed away from, such as Sue's brother and both Lance and Allen (although, in Allen's case, I don't like him as a character, either).

The main reason I've avoided them like the plague is that I didn't (and don't) want this LP to be another generic FE6 LP with the exact same team as everyone else. I wanted to spice things up. It would be far too easy if I only used the powerhouses, would it not?

To be fair, I only keep pushing it because the alternative of failure when everyone else is dead exists.

8 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Now, as for Clarine and Rutger... yeah, those two I absolutely despise, and I admit I really do not regret killing them both off. I'm sorry. Does this make me a cold-blooded murdered?

*murderer

Also kind of. They're not actual people, but you know what they saw about video games and violence.....

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

It's not as bad as Archanea, as SoloCross wisely pointed out.

Elibe is uninhabitable for dragons (at least, in BS).

Kind of contradictory though.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Not really. Physic is good enough.

Well, you never know when the fortify would be useful.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Aha. You're the same guy who chastised me for using Dougy who does not need the triangle attack. Shame on you!

Well, I wasn't arguing for using her in combat much at all.

18 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

JFeDu1Y.png

Lot.exe executes scythe subroutine.

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

zyZa3uV.png

WHAT!?

lXJd4Vx.png

Remember this? This, for those of you who cannot do basic math, is not something 19 speed can double. Which means this fucking demon of a game started to send enemies with lower stats just to screw me over like this! MURDOCK DOWNGRADED HIS OWN TROOPS JUST TO CATCH ME OFF-GUARD! WHAT A BRILLIANT TACTICIAN, THAT MAN! FUCK MY LIFE! FUCK IT HARD!

......What?

Is Murdock that much of a genius?

21 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Q4ttFfq.pngLATDh1P.png

First he gets shafted in Heroes, then his son dies.

This is a shitty week for Canas fans apparently.

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Die, die, die, die, DIE! ALL OF YOU! NONE SHALL SURVIVE!

I have a feeling you and a certain Fates character would get along perfectly.

24 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

ND7mz1e.pngxSNedf5.pngYZaPArs.pngxIU3igA.png

...and it seems we may do just that yet, because Roy is feeling oddly competent today! He even critted the asshole! For all the good it did him, but still!

Jeez, those wyverns must get plenty of calcium.

25 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

ZWSVsma.png

And now the guy's down.

Lilina gets the aerial laser ready, 1000 AS.

26 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

3nTJlPt.png

Ah, 15 of 30. We're half way there in more ways than one, which makes this the perfect moment to call it a day or five. Next time, we begin the second part of the map, and hopefully, nobody else will die before Roy is able to park his ass on top of Murdock's throne. Until then, I leave you with some more uninspired plot. See you next time.

Well, there's still some trouble left.

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

QdKGhfY.png570ULRf.pngOsxjtEt.png

Well, there a red flag if I've seen one.

Next time: Does the Shrine of Seals seal everyone's s(ea)ouls? Seal.

. . .I think suspending people for crapping on Hugh would be mod abuse. . .but I'm so tempted, because Hugh is one of my favorite characters in FE6. . .

4 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Going to the south and turning at the bottom is what I always did, too... in normal mode. In hard mode, I'm afraid there's just way too much crap for my units to endure. Going east at least ensures you won't get sandwiched from the north, as there isn't map for enemies to be there.

I almost spit my soda here, what are you thinking? I did play hard mode, although my squad was more reasonable in my playthrough, the east path has way more wyvern reinforcements, and those are one of the toughest enemies you can have. Turn back, turn baaaaack.

Well this part proved me wrong on that, and right on Lilina.

CSJjCC5.png

I feel like the joke is on the shopkeepers. Which idiot would sell their rare Wo Dao for 600?

Gaze upon this unprecedented occurrence, readers of this thread! Juno is about to kill something!

Nice one. Goodl luck levelling her up anytime in this playthrough.

QzZ3UIX.png

How? What were the chances of this happening with her growths!? Her skill growth is her second lowest growth, only surpassed (or, underpassed) by her defense growth! Should I consider myself lucky? Because I sure as heck won't!

Times like this I wonder if she has something against you.

Remember the good times when she levelled up without gaining a single stat gain?

I can feel it, you are watching me... waiting for my reply. I am just as shocked as you are. I was hoping to see their competition going on for who is the better mage in the end. I wanted you to prove me wrong. (since I feel like no sane people would pick Lilina in hard mode; yep, questioning my sanity).

Edited by Garlyle

Mainly, I don't like Navarres. Why in the world is every Lord so adamant on accepting unbalanced psycopaths into their army? I don't want every blue person to be a Good Guyand every red person to be a Bad Guy, that would be boring, but... Navarres are just that, Bad Guys. I've always disliked these over-the-top edgy characters, I find them to be highly unlikeable and simply not plausible good guys. So, to begin with, I don't like Rutger, which makes using him a chore for me. The fact that there exists another, much better done "edgy" character in this very game (Raigh) doesn't help Rutger's case.

But then, there is the fact that Rutger is the best unit in the game. He breaks and trivializes the game from chapter 4 onwards, never gets bad, his growths are good enough, his bases are godly, he gets +30 crit after promoting, he supports with other great units to further turn the game into a slideshow of destruction... I just don't like that, it's probably my least favourite factor of FE6. I may not be the best player ever, far from it, but when I'm looking for a challenge, I want that. To me, "Make Rutger do things" is not a challenge, it's an exercise on boredom.

Guys like Marcus are more reasonable, because at least they drop off (normally they do, at least), so there is an incentive not to use them for absolutely everything. Rutger? Rutger just keeps going. And I could forgive that (heck, I've used Seth before in FE8), if it wasn't for the fact that he's an absolutely irredeemable bastard. Which is why I never use him. If you want to use him, go ahead, but don't ask me to.

But at least he's not Clarine. Rutger being a nutcase helps distance myself from him, because hey, he's not very realistic. Clarine is the sort of character that I could very well meet in real life, and that's really not a good thing, because it's a big part of why she's my most hated character in the franchise.

Ah, it does make sense. Can't say I've ever cared too much for Rutger outside of gameplay either. I don't share the same hatred of Clarine, but I can see where you're coming from.

Why does everyone hate Cecilia?

She's a weird case in that game. Her stats may be garbage, but in a way she's still good, since she's the only character in the game who can actually gain leadership stars, which she does at a fixed rate. Most characters who have them only have one or two, Aion (the FE7 boss, playable here) has four, Cecilia can get up to seven. So despite bad stats she can be good solely by existing on the battlefield if you deploy her and she's somewhat leveled. She also at least comes with good weapon ranks, can semi-uniquely use both Anima and Light (and swords) as a Valk, and of course can heal.

In a way I guess it's...sort of balanced? Since if she had great stats too there'd be no reason to ever not use her.

Might try it out at some point. I must admit, the lack of a translation held me back from trying it, but... I suppose it didn't stop me from trying Sword of Heaven and Earth, and I really enjoyed that one.

At the very least, there is a translation for the menus, names, items, tooltips/descriptions, and basically everything except the actual story itself. As far as I can tell it's mostly just the Sacred Stones story but with some character replacements, though for some of the more unique/changed chapters I'm sure they're a bit different. In a way would give you stuff to work with if you wanted to do writing stuff like you did with this LP I suppose.

I like Lugh, just in case there were any doubts about that.

You say as he got put through literally the worst, not sure if I've quite forgiven you for that,  :P:.

Also while RIP Hugh, looks like you had quite a few lucky breaks here and there so far. Only half the chapter and Gale shenanigans to go! Speaking of, do you know if there was ever an accurate reason for why Gale's AI is so wonky sometimes?

Edited by Unknown Gamer11

On 9/6/2018 at 10:26 PM, Pengaius said:

So to summarise the craziness of this LP so far

image.jpeg

This gives me an idea.5b207990e93d5_lkjhgfdsa.jpg.3ddb4cbcd02f5212fd4b95b0d64f4456.jpg

On 10/6/2018 at 12:12 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

V988hZu.png

Then Sue stabs herself in the face with an arrow because she's dumb like that.

I feel like this has already been said, but Sue is the Castor of this LP. Never quite amazing, never quite terrible, I forgot she was even there.

8IU0L53.png

One last fresh recruit tries his luck against Marcus. Little did he know, though, Marcus is the best Oifey.

I don't think that does him justice. Marcus is best Marcus.

A1yjC1X.png

Oh, you've got to be kidding me.

So much for the most accurate magic type.

"Hurr durr Ruben stop wasting the legendary weapons you need them for chapter 24"

Assuming you even get to chapter 24.

Man, when was the last time we had the "Ruben is bad at FE rolflolxd" brand of comedy?

Q4ttFfq.pngLATDh1P.png

inhales

Writes angry reply with a lot of profanity

Deletes because banhammer.

So yeah. Let's just say I'm really mad.

SrB7mSM.png

ivCi6pR.png

zIUvsql.png

Ntkgb0r.png

1DUmVXo.png

hu0FEJr.png

bJgLOCC.pngDldDSyP.png

QgDYBqj.png

wRuTGqj.png

6F8ljei.pngJVLTpVZ.png

u92BEjl.png0gFZAFK.pngja1Fme6.png

JvbxAiK.pngPdQtBrV.png

eT94oHO.png

3kxWlUr.pngsCOSAB5.png7F40DeR.png

8h9A1yK.pngb6bba1g.png

Fl0xiIM.pngIzciauX.png

ymRiQRR.pngWPnm5qW.pngGfZtdvZ.png

bpRXp9A.pngvaHvWNk.png

tUxZfMN.png

7HOVpR9.pngPz8g97Z.pnga2jGd5g.png

xaKIC58.pngO5DzUHd.png

8pSUynS.pngBw0fudl.pngtuTqfvM.png

BcUS3mg.png

pd3CWj7.png

NvwxxcO.pngNEh3GtP.pngQeQiEsG.png

YNBwA36.png

ZgFDf64.png

8GKdyBs.png

C8NKhL8.png

WlTkwR3.pngb1ff8sj.png

Izuoy0h.png06yfa4M.png

66ZS54D.pnguWIBDhu.png1r2eh59.png

mi1Ae4R.png

tNWV5kB.pngTU832CF.png

ZwfSr0P.png

ZeQwybx.pngVLaFBmW.png

Part 47 - La créme de la créme de Biran.

Yes, in the french version of FE7 (and the spanish one, and the italian one, and pretty much all of the european localizations if I am not mistaken), Bern is named Biran. If you're expecting me to be able to explain this decision, I am afraid I'll have to disappoint you.

On 10/6/2018 at 6:01 PM, Pengaius said:

Well, it's only a loss of 10,000 gold, some stat boosters, Niime's support partner, the exp investment, the guiding ring and the value of his inventory, so all in all it's not that big a deal.

Nice, nice. Second post in the thread ever, and you use it to rub radioactive salt on the wound. I love this LP.

Go ahead Mr Joster, kill your only good option for Forblaze, that's right you can't you aren't Marcus enough to pull that bluff off

I wouldn't show such cheekiness if I were you. Cecilia exists and the Dragons lack range.

Bern

Jesus Christ, not another punmaster! I am SO sick of having to Wade through these pitiful puns! There are a Lot more of them than I'd be confortable with!

I guess you can add this to the silenced Hugh counter, he's just been silenced FOREVER.:B):

Would you kindly do me a favour, please? Jump off a bridge. You asshole. Just joking, just joking, don't ban meeeee for hate speeeeeech.

But actually hard luck, that must've hurt.

Yes... but looking at it in a positive light, surely this means I've earned enough good karma points for the RNGoddess to back off for the remainder of the chapter, right...?

On 10/6/2018 at 6:13 PM, Mad-manakete said:

The alternative to Scott being an even bigger idiot than you thought would be that Merlinus is a worse businessman than you thought and got gypped. Ignore the fact that anyone else would have got the same price, because he's the one who is a trader.

Hahahahahah! Oh my God, how did I not think of that? Of course the same guy who is responsible for chapter 7 would get scammed. Damnit, I should've sent Roy!

Only way to explain it is Sacae Roy's curse. Sacae Roy created that off stat Wyvern Lord to ruin everything.

I sure have made a lot of enemies along the way, now that I think about it.

Incidentally, does you pointing out that Lilina having Forblaze count as someone downplaying it? Because you did that.

No, it doesn't count, because there is a thin line between "downplaying" and "desperately holding on to the last shreds of hope there are left". Now, answer me this question: who is the one trudging through all this miserable crap and who are the ones watching cozily from home, (hopefully) laughing?

Saul continues to prove only the good die young. Hence poor Hugh copping it and his continued survival. What did Marcus do to live this long?

He's Marcus. His sheer badassery is keeping him going. Also, Phride.

The mission takes a poetic turn when the direction you travel more or less could be used to sum up the way the battle went. Heading south indeed.

Ain't that appropriate.

Lombritz being better than he looked was almost a given to be fair. After all, if one looks like Morgan, one looks like a buffoon by default.

Especially when his hair's neon blue.

I also forgot to mention when I originally posted this, but decided to add that I once knew a girl a lot like Clarine. Thankfully I haven't seen that one since graduation.

Man, that's got to suck. I've met some that got close, but none quite reached Clarine's level of sheer unlikeability.

On 10/6/2018 at 6:50 PM, Dayni said:

To be fair, I only keep pushing it because the alternative of failure when everyone else is dead exists.

Damnit, Lot won't die! LOT-WILL-NOT-DIE!! Will you all stop doing all that is in your hand to make him, you cantankerous nincompoops!

*murderer

Blech.

Also kind of. They're not actual people, but you know what they saw about video games and violence.....

I don't know what "they" say, but clearly, "they" are wrong. I'll kill all who disagree with me!

Elibe is uninhabitable for dragons (at least, in BS).

Kind of contradictory though.

I thought we'd already established that FE7 has nothing to do with FE6.

Well, you never know when the fortify would be useful.

I suppose, but it would've been better to just give us a plain ol' fortify staff with 8 uses.

Well, I wasn't arguing for using her in combat much at all.

True, but I still fail to see what makes a unit that can only rescue so useful this late into the game.

Lot.exe executes scythe subroutine.

Successful.

......What?

Is Murdock that much of a genius?

Well, you doubted it? Heroes does not do him justice by prioritizing the 1250923680436th Lyn over him when it comes to adding new characters to the game, believe me.

First he gets shafted in Heroes, then his son dies.

This is a shitty week for Canas fans apparently.

Why does it always have to be about Canas?

I have a feeling you and a certain Fates character would get along perfectly.

No, Peri is not my type, I'm sorry. You see, I'm not into horrible characters.

Jeez, those wyverns must get plenty of calcium.

Or steroids. I lean more towards the latter.

Lilina gets the aerial laser ready, 1000 AS.

You may fire when ready.

Well, there's still some trouble left.

Don't remind me...

Well, there a red flag if I've seen one.

Well... no.

Next time: Does the Shrine of Seals seal everyone's s(ea)ouls? Seal.

Saul. How ironic, that a man named Saul would lack a soul.

On 10/6/2018 at 9:15 PM, eclipse said:

. . .I think suspending people for crapping on Hugh would be mod abuse. . .but I'm so tempted, because Hugh is one of my favorite characters in FE6. . .

Oh yes, please, do it. I don't think I'll be able to resist the urge to quit if people start doing that, so for the continued survival of the LP, I ask that you go ahead and break the rules!

Just kidding, I like getting to read more replies more than I like being sane.

On 10/6/2018 at 9:22 PM, Garlyle said:

I almost spit my soda here, what are you thinking? I did play hard mode, although my squad was more reasonable in my playthrough, the east path has way more wyvern reinforcements, and those are one of the toughest enemies you can have. Turn back, turn baaaaack.

Well this part proved me wrong on that, and right on Lilina.

Hah! I won.

I feel like the joke is on the shopkeepers. Which idiot would sell their rare Wo Dao for 600?

Merlinus.

Nice one. Goodl luck levelling her up anytime in this playthrough.

The chance of it happening is a flat zero. I'm sorry, Dayni.

Times like this I wonder if she has something against you.

Remember the good times when she levelled up without gaining a single stat gain?

Maybe she still remembers that one time I forgot to move her and she died idiotically.

I can feel it, you are watching me... waiting for my reply. I am just as shocked as you are. I was hoping to see their competition going on for who is the better mage in the end. I wanted you to prove me wrong. (since I feel like no sane people would pick Lilina in hard mode; yep, questioning my sanity).

Quite honestly, they were both doing very well, so I don't think I would've proven you wrong per se. Of course, FE6 had other plans.

On 11/6/2018 at 12:22 AM, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Ah, it does make sense. Can't say I've ever cared too much for Rutger outside of gameplay either. I don't share the same hatred of Clarine, but I can see where you're coming from.

Good.

She's a weird case in that game. Her stats may be garbage, but in a way she's still good, since she's the only character in the game who can actually gain leadership stars, which she does at a fixed rate. Most characters who have them only have one or two, Aion (the FE7 boss, playable here) has four, Cecilia can get up to seven. So despite bad stats she can be good solely by existing on the battlefield if you deploy her and she's somewhat leveled. She also at least comes with good weapon ranks, can semi-uniquely use both Anima and Light (and swords) as a Valk, and of course can heal.

In a way I guess it's...sort of balanced? Since if she had great stats too there'd be no reason to ever not use her.

Well, that sounds cool enough.

At the very least, there is a translation for the menus, names, items, tooltips/descriptions, and basically everything except the actual story itself. As far as I can tell it's mostly just the Sacred Stones story but with some character replacements, though for some of the more unique/changed chapters I'm sure they're a bit different. In a way would give you stuff to work with if you wanted to do writing stuff like you did with this LP I suppose.

Duly noted. I have other plans, but perhaps in the future... I don't plan to stop making LPs anytime soon. Mostly because, hey, I enjoy it, it's a nice pastime. Still, don't hold me to my words. Humans are erratic, as we all know.

You say as he got put through literally the worst, not sure if I've quite forgiven you for that,  :P:.

Hey, it's not my fault, it's Humphrey's!

Also while RIP Hugh, looks like you had quite a few lucky breaks here and there so far. Only half the chapter and Gale shenanigans to go!

You say that as if Gale's shenanigans aren't much to write home about.

Speaking of, do you know if there was ever an accurate reason for why Gale's AI is so wonky sometimes?

Yes, I know what you're refering to. No, I have no idea. It's still not as shockingly bizarre as the Raider On Hooves, though.

On 11/6/2018 at 5:33 AM, DestructionDragon360 said:

Wow, that was harsh. I suppose FE6 really does earn its reputation as one of the hardest games in the series. Apologies for your loss of a talented Sage, Hugh was really putting in work on your team.

Sigh... what a shame.

On 13/6/2018 at 4:22 AM, Franp3 said:

This gives me an idea.5b207990e93d5_lkjhgfdsa.jpg.3ddb4cbcd02f5212fd4b95b0d64f4456.jpg

LP.png

Wait, jpg? Why did you save that in jpg format? Do you not know jpg compresses images and makes them uglier? For shame, Franp! Get a grip!

I feel like this has already been said, but Sue is the Castor of this LP. Never quite amazing, never quite terrible, I forgot she was even there.

Yes, it's been said, by me. In fact, you've come round to point this fact out just when she's starting to go beyond just being the Castor. You """""""""""""""""""""""""amaze""""""""""""""""""""""""" me, Franp.

I don't think that does him justice. Marcus is best Marcus.

Marcus is best early-joining Gotoh.

So much for the most accurate magic type.

Not in FE6, actually. In FE6, it's merely the bad magic type. More so than in the others, I mean.

Assuming you even get to chapter 24.

Man, when was the last time we had the "Ruben is bad at FE rolflolxd" brand of comedy?

Have you seen the LP's title? This whole damned schtick is a "Ruben is bad at FE" joke.

inhales

Writes angry reply with a lot of profanity

Deletes because banhammer.

Beautiful.

So yeah. Let's just say I'm really mad.

That makes two of us, then. Urgh...

18 hours ago, SoloCross said:

Welp... RIP Hugh.

On the bright side your Lot is so absurdly tanky that I'm sure even if the Armads curse was real he'd just tank death.

"Absurdly" is one way to put it. Another is "one point above his average defense". I'm not even joking, this is standard Lot. Lot is underrated.

Spoiler

Last time, we were moving south.

wJwlpn0.png

Today, we neglect continuing to move south so that I can copypaste some more walls of text in png format.

nb1ex2u.png

It's one of these.

T2DKe9N.pngxyHN2E3.png

No, she's looking out for Sigune. Of course she is.

ucZp5eV.pngYd1d6cj.pngAcq1TQV.png

You do well to be worried, she blows.

t6uTD6c.pngzIoO6AD.pnglhYEF1C.png

Actually, they're all dead now. She did a stinky job at leading them.

YZQijEr.pngOan7hX8.png

On 22/2/2018 at 10:18 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

ESLJ1yw.png

Oh, no, I can't believe it!

0SQ9NM3.png

She did it again! She attacked an Archer with a javelin again! What's wrong with these ladies!?

dd1NMEi.png

This is hilarious.

lksp6Pp.pngZfQ24uQ.png8o1ZFg3.pngcSZQ7HF.png

Then Juno's motherly instincts kick in and she decides to treat Tate as a seven year old.

CBgwbcn.png1JKElEO.png

So awkward... so very awkward... You can bet everyone around them must be having a hard time stopping themselves from shrieking in laughter.

Then again, the closest guy to them is Saul... he's probably too busy staring at their behinds.

dRCM5la.pngFZuyYH6.png

I sure hope the next conversations are more than a sad attempt at covering Tate's failures as a platoon commander.

Q7GD9Q8.pngnlsZPrw.png

Anyway, let's keep going. We've deadline to meet.

eXsDH7r.pngUWto9uJ.png3vcxcui.png

But first, we must take care of this heretic.

FTchQQT.png6Oo0juc.pngbgUtmmp.pngJll1X7R.png

As always, it goes badly.

whmmqJ7.png6oXG7Tb.png

And as always, Marcus has to take care of everything in the end.

XUw8Zww.pngSpot the mistake!

Almost there.

raLia9R.png

Stop delaying me, I must hurry!

0IH3B7W.pngOrxc17v.png

Down with you!

o5aqi72.png

Whoa, that's a really cool frame I accidentally caught there.

aubDwqv.png

Alas, it was not enough to kill him because Wyverns are unreasonably tough.

ujMxKOP.png

For fucks sake.

JNUgZDE.pngLast chance to spot the mistake!

Okay... does that count as being inside the Galezone?

w94nGfK.pngZVMafDK.png

Nope. Let's check the turncount again.

IY7EEnU.png

12 turns to go. Should be more than enough, but...

sUqe9mO.pnghl7gqLA.pngUdxRc3e.png

Oki-dokie, let's equip the heaviest weaponery we have access to and trigger the second phase of Murdock's plan.

GU0n4P9.pngrRRPZ1k.pngdeNCi66.png

Alas, it was inevitable.

ryD8e2R.pngjpcBLbV.png

Whoa, whoa, whoa... rather bloodthirsty for a guy who looked like he was having some doubts the last few times he was on-screen. I suggest that you chill out.

kykVtJs.png

So, for the mistake... I forgot to move Cecilia and Lilina. Yes, this is something I did. No, I did not do it on purpose so as to get an excuse to make jokes about how bad I am. What, you think I've the manpower to spare so carelessly?

Ah, what a mess... how am I going to fix this?

rO11zxE.png8fGvaJW.pngwXvBbLi.png

Well, first, by having Marcus demolish his first Dragon. Easier done than said.

6euegu3.pnghiMFJ0Q.png

Same goes for Lot. The Armads may be a little rough around the edges after the whole altercation at the desert, but it still erradicates Dragons just as well.

HtAkDVW.pngifzLcUe.png

It may not've looked like it, but that was the enemy phase, so the ambush reinforcements ambushed Cecilia. Only two were able to reach her, however, and they couldn't quite kill her, even if they both managed to hit her. Thank goodness for that great level up.

xdb4yYF.pngFE5dWQy.png

Okay, er...

XswzV8A.png

Let's first take a gander at Gale and his stats. Gale's just another Wyvern Lord with a wonky AI. There's not much more to be said about him, so let's just focus on the task at hand.

wUHc9yA.png

First off, Lilina can't quite kill this asshole with aircalibur, so instead, let's whip out the Forblaze for the first time.

tsPKRt1.pngXcA5dsF.pngyLPOaRk.png

Shiny. It seems like, for whatever reason, the effects of Forblaze changed over the course of the last twenty years, even though Aureola remained the same. An intelligent jab at religion or an oversight? I shall let you draw your own conclusions.

QiWbp5k.pngeKLJOPd.pngOOSSAI0.pngIOEkEn8.png

Afterwards, I put Cecilia in a forest so she can dodge more reliably and send Tate north as backup. As always, she gets hit by an unlikely blow.

wP2LFaj.png

Cecilia is in danger, but I figure sending Juno in to draw some of the heat away from her will help.

0sIsnq6.pngOX2twdn.png8qNlUUh.png

Then I proceed to be a terminal dumbass and neglect healing her. Marcus, I can understand, and Tate too, but Lot? Lot could have half of those HP and he'd still last a long time. What was I thinking?

pc3OXqe.png

My stupidity didn't even result in a good level up for Saul.

1vonecQ.png

Rather wonky placement. The Good Team, comprised of the Western Reapers and the Loyal Retainers, will take on the reinforcements, while Roy, escorted by Marcus, Sue and the mages, sneaks inside the shrine by bordering around the eastern side of the wall.

pxVg3qZ.png

Here are the aforementioned reinforcements. This will prove to be a challenge even to Lot himself.

GEUeLEp.png

As for Niime, she gets two-shot by bolting. Fss...

cA9i7wC.png

Gale doesn't attack for whatever reason, even though Minerva isn't here to talk to him. Eh, you do you, mate. If you want to let Murdock die, that's all right by me.

0ZGeiKv.pngsrPxmhN.png

Oh, please.

Yxhp5EZ.png

Seriously! What the actual fuck, why am I being so unlucky? These aren't three-digit hitrates, and they're not high two-digit hitrates, they're low two-digit hitrates that are made even lower by true hit.

Do you understand, RNGoddess? I've explained it in as simple a way as I possibly could. Is it easy enough for you, or do I need to perform an interpretative dance on the matter for you to stop massacring my units?

io6XbG0.pngBSZA29h.png

Oh, and she critted, freeing the tile for another unit to fly in and hurt her even more. But that's fine, that's perfectly fine. She can still take another hit before she's in death range.

PpCgOtW.png

Oh, you've got to be fucking shitting me... it is highly improbable for her to get skewered four times in a row with a 25~% chance of it happening, yet here we are.

hQypkci.png

OF COURSE! AND SHE CRITS AGAIN!

vBXzcll.pngzeZhYvN.png

SHE'S BEEN FAILING TO CRIT WITH THAT THING EVER SINCE I GAVE IT TO HER, BUT NOW THAT HER LIFE DEPENDS ON HER KILLING AS FEW ENEMIES AS POSSIBLE, SHE HITS THEM ALL CRITICALLY! WHY NOT! WHAT ELSE?!

LB4i6CG.png2FfJ9AW.pnghWPtVpy.pngorrUvpH.png

Fuck this game. Fuck it to hell, I swear. WHY WON'T YOU LET ME REST!? HAVE YOU NOT HAD ENOUGH BLOOD!? WHAT MUST I DO FOR THIS TORMENT TO CEASE!?

HNvxamg.png

Nice. Absolutely amazing.

yAxwrpL.png

That you did, quite friggin' formidably, I might add. As a matter of fact, that's exactly what killed you, just like Hugh.

What a fitting death quote: SHE GOT KILLED FOR FIGHTING TOO WELL. MY UNITS USED TO GET KILLED FOR FIGHTING TOO POORLY! THEN MY UNITS STARTED TO GET KILLED FOR FACING A CHANCE TO GET HIT CRITICALLY! NOW MY UNITS ARE GETTING KILLED FOR BEING GOOD AT THEIR JOBS! WHAT'S NEXT?! ARE THEY GOING TO GET KILLED FOR EXISTING?!? AM I JUST GOING TO PRESS START AND EVERYBODY WILL FALL OVER AND TURN BLUE... BLUER!?

GOLO1OB.png

And no, this does not mean I'll be using Minerva. We'll go without a flier. Who cares, really, it's not as if the game's rendered unbeatable by the lack of a flier, especially at this stage of the game. Who cares! The game's just cheating, but that's no big deal.

jt37aKg.pngBrpVbYE.pngWK5Rqwh.pngoVVQAZe.png

Lot and Wade get attacked.

iQjynbU.png

Let me guess, he'll double and nail both lance thrusts.

nsHcaMM.png

I am dumbstruck, luck's been with me for once.

Y5iKn4v.png

No more? You don't want to take any more of my units? Are you sure? 'Cause I think it would be pretty funny if Roy died now and, on top of losing two of my best units, I had to do it all over again.

...no, but seriously, don't do that. I don't think I'll have the heart to go through this again.

MwFYSwM.png

Let's try not to lose Forblaze, for the reasons that I've detailed a paragraph above.

hcW1p1D.pngy7QzLq7.png

While running away, Cecilia does this. Jeez, that's a lousy chance. At this point, I was entering the "entirety of mental resources must be used to preserve sanity" zone, so I didn't even register the fact that this was a crapshoot of a berserk use. At least I don't think I did, because I really can't remember being surprised in the slightest by...

V5O80Z3.png

...this. Hugh won't dodge, Tate will crit everytime, but this? This works. This does not make us even, game. I'd be surprised if Gale actually managed to kill a single one of his underlings.

2lcQ5rI.png

The downside is that now Cecilia remains in range of an enemy.

jVs5Xnp.png

This enemy, to be precise, which is of the "things Hugh can kill but who still hit just as hard" team. At least this time, it works in my favour, as this clown cannot double Cecilia.

JWzAOuv.pngDkPaBNU.pngvsdXciu.png

Still, best not leave her survival up to the dice, becase we all know what the result would be.

FI8xaNF.png

Astolfo helps Juno drop Lilina so as to improve Cecilia's defense further.

8JMkuaE.png

Dougy levels up.

UCwfsff.png

Ooh... I like it, I like it a lot. Less chances to get doubled and even more titanic defenses. See, we don't need Tate, Dougy's got the lance department covered in flying colours.

dpZkZG6.pngo5PFz6e.png4KKwdZj.png

While Igrene and Lot use bows to shoot Wyverns out of the sky, Wade resorts to the more uncouth, yet still perfectly viable axes. Notwithstanding the fact that axes are the worst weapon type in this game.

CfJ80Ef.png7m2Hynk.png

Okay, looking sharp. The ones who are alive, I mean.

RfRZuns.pngw9VwJ4l.pngWBOiGaV.png

Roy is approaching the shrine fast. Not that it matters much: Roy's chances against Murdock on his own are below zero.

XlD9wJP.png

Jeez, that's a ton of Wyverns.

lsajznq.png

For whatever reason, there's a flashbang here, even though I'm pretty sure nobody was hit here.

1Fg34fL.png

So many Wyverns... aaaargh...!

bdZKuMv.pngNzOLRAQ.png

Cecilia takes a crippling blow, but no deceasement ensues, so that's good.

QIyX0mL.png

The southern squad... refuses to attack Lot? Hwah! Amazing! Even Bern's best are afraid of the mighty Lot!

Q6MIu45.png

Igrene does not have the same luxury, though, so she is forced to duck under a throw that had a higher chance to be successful than all of those Tate took earlier.

OylvZBu.png

Whoa, he actually made himself useful. How positively shocking. Still doesn't change the fact that the death of lowly Wyvern Riders that are really far away from the frontlines won't exactly turn the tides of this battle that we're currently losing.

F9uyIFr.png

Patch your teacher up, Lilina. I do not wish to lose her also.

Tlmn1xh.pngZRsrzIP.pngYdd3C9m.png

The plan is this: Juno will attempt a swift escape now that the enemy is closing in, while Astolfo will... uh... I don't know, try to be inconspicuous?

lASbPF7.pngoLrRAeG.pngj0VmiyA.png

As for Dougy, he's going to fail to kill a Wyvern Lord with the Maltet because these guys are stronger than these legendary weapons of old. Sure, that's not implausible at all.

4dRXYH7.pngVhNZ2lN.png

God, this range... Yoder can't escape anywhere. He's trapped.

bF5yiYf.png

Well... might as well check out the Saint's Staff.

FlZg7zf.pngn8xQzIm.pngYOK0lEk.pngE327brN.png

It's very green.

pnKM5NE.png

Veeeeeeeeeeeery greeeeeeeeeen.

mtBkmQZ.png

Well, that's it. I reckon Yoder will have to dodge once to survive, as only two enemies can reach him there. Not such awful odds, all things considered. My luck is bound to turn around at some point, does it not?

r553Okp.png

Evidently not. Urgh...

kt7GSJh.png

Hell yeah! Yoder, you have done w--

AxI6ZrA.png

What... oh, of course! He gets killed in one hit from that guy. Why am I not surprised?

txmIflF.pngwU9po3l.png

Caps lock is getting old, so I might as well let you know my actual first reaction to this: at this point, I was beyond being angry and just laughed, asking to myself out loud, and I quote, "will they let any of my units live?".

So, yeah, the game realised I was having some trouble deciding between having Yoder replace Dorothy as Saul's partner or Hugh as Niime's partner, and very selflessly helped me with my dilemma by opening up a third option: neither.

Then it chose the third option for me because I can't have nice things.

7zMORnW.png

I have no idea what this is. Not that I care that much right now, I'm focused on praying to all that is holy and unholy that you guys are right about the Saint's Staff not being required for the good ending, because I don't know how to hack items in without putting them in the inventory of a newcomer, and there are no more of those.

ipwvvxW.png

Ah, it's Astolfo's death.

LMKPRRP.pngCwyBXQj.png

I don't know what to say at this point. I'm speechless. The only ones who ever dodge anything are those who don't need to dodge anything. This is a cruel joke, and I'm the butt of it.

dTibEvE.pngyiuqfrH.pngukS2VPg.png

Oh, and Juno died too, because Jerrot hasn't suffered enough.

bNzxbcG.png

Jerrot has lost his wife, his sister-in-law, his entire platoon, his health and his pride. Isn't that great?

yX8T5Fh.png

Me? I think it's very great. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll go cut my dick off with a rusty knife so I can focus on a lesser pain.

cHYEQdd.pngIKNOk7V.png

Oh, I'm sorry, was that a little to gross for your liking? Too bad. Leave the thread, if you like. That way, I'll be able to just quit.

Gah... what am I saying? You aren't leaving. That's not the grossest thing I've said or done. That would have to be Lalum's death edit.

ImXznPX.png

Brrrr... it still gives me the shudders to think about it. Moving right on...

QwSZHRH.png

This is Murdock. Murdock is overpowered, but I mean, who isn't?

0cretEB.png

It's not worth wasting a bolting use. Even if she managed to nail him, he would've been fully healed by his magical throne by the time we got there. Instead, let's try not to ruin yet another life (namely, Igrene's) by healing up her long lost betrothed.

Ruin yet another life... huh. You know what, let's make a short pause and take a moment to admire just how shitty this ending is going to be

I will just focus on the main team, the plot-important characters, and the factions in general. Let's leave all the unimportant idiots aside, otherwise we'll be here all day.

- Raigh has lost his brother, but he's reconciled with Chad. I'll be generous with myself, because I know nobody else will be, and say that's a middling ending.

- Pent and Louise have lost their daughter, as well as their old friend and "foster son" of sorts, Deke.

- Lilina lost his dad in the only death that I am not to be held responsible for. On the other hand, she's lost literally every single one of her loyal retainers aside from Astolfo, and those deaths I can be held accountable for.

- Roy lost his childhood friend all those chapters ago, if you recall.

- Dougy lost his daughter.

- Igrene has lost her friend, Sophia.

- Saul no longer has anybody to keep him in check, with Dorothy gone. This means he can finally become Ultimate Frollo. Pretend the Archdeacon is Dorothy and Saul isn't the one to kill her, but another random Bishop.

- The Elimine Church is in shambles, having lost one of its most important figures.

- Niime will never be able to make amends with his grandson. She has failed her late son.

- The Western Isles have lost their heroine.

- Jerrot has lost everything, period.

- Cecilia... Cecilia's fine, I think. Woo.

- Sue is also fine. Ain't that a riot. Fitting, for the successor of Castor.

- Lot and Wade are still both alive and kicking. Their boss is dead, but I suppose it's still a good enough ending.

Then there's the other guys, like Minerva (lost her brother), Karel (lost his brother-in-law and his niece), Shanna (see Jerrot)...

Hot damn... I fucked up royally, didn't I? Almost everyone's lives are screwed up, two factions are destroyed, countless people from both sides have perished... it's rather scary. Jeez... let's just resume the action. With any unluck, some more lives will be ruined before the sun sets today.

Lskpo6o.pngx8jSYol.png04QfLV9.png

Let's do this now. I want these guys out of commission. 5 turns should suffice. I doubt we'll be able to hold together for longer than that: we must be gone by then.

A57xjvH.pngYue1mov.png

Sue obtains a level up by killing a Wyvern Lord.

ZBC7lG4.png

Sue, please. Don't.

sea6Yex.png

This was actually a quite tricky situation. Because I was, as always, an imbecile who sucks at FE, I made Niime equip her flux tome instead of her nosferatu tome. At the same time, both Roy and Igrene got destroyed by the bolting Sage.

RFwYW4f.pngppWh11X.pngTSdeN4x.png

For this reason, I couldn't have anybody make Niime equip the nosferatu. Therefore, I think we might as well wave her goodbye, because as we know, if the chance to die exists, it will happen.

axHVTNI.png

Case in point, we can't dodge anything.

SASFRis.pngJovrSRz.png4Bm1eUm.pngZ4Lk10z.png

Oh, look at that, the game let one of my units live. Now I've seen everything.

4jNjXzX.pngcy7UxzR.png

You know, I'm not exactly feeling like I'm winning. Astolfo is not dead because Gale's team is dumb, but that does not change the fact that we're fleeing desperately from a bazillion of Wyvern Riders that are perfectly ready to lay siege to the shrine should we capture it.

zf0JmIF.pngsMUXjId.png

Still, this being FE, Murdock's death and subsequent throne seizing will likely cause an uproar amongst the Bernian troops, preventing them from fighting further, so let's try that.

f6jZIca.png

But first, this asshole needs to go.

V1V81Az.png

I've been putting off showcasing Murdock's stats until now, because Murdock deserves hype to be built up around him. The time has come, however, to reveal just why I fear this guy so.

1rchmyP.png

Holy fuck. Where to begin.

So, for starters, let's compare this man to Etruria's own equivalent Head of the Generals, Dougy.

UCwfsff.png

Compared to Murdock, the Great General of Etruria has one more point of speed (thanks solely to the speedwings and some really uncharacteristic good luck). Then there's everything else, where Murdock kicks him out of the park.

Murdock has capped strength and con, sky-high skill for a General, good luck, absurd defense and resistance, and HP that breaks the cap. As well, he's the one and only wielder of the tomahawk, which, incidentally, is not droppable. He could very well pose as the final boss if the tomahawk wasn't rather inaccurate.

He's also the same guy who devised the "let's downgrade my own troops to make the enemy get cocky and become overconfident" strategy that has allowed him to actually beat chapter 7 in terms of bloodshed. Chapter 7 killed five guys (Lance, Jerrot, Clarine, Rutger and Noah), for sure, but it needed to go at it twice in order to pull it off, having killed Lance and Jerrot first, then killed Roy, then killed the other three. This means that the most units chapter 7 ever killed at once was three. 

Murdock has killed four characters in one try. Murdock is better than chapter 7. Murdock is also better than chapters 14, 14x and 15 combined. 

Words do not do this man justice. Nothing I can say will possibly be enough. You must see it for yourselves.

TsTENMF.pngSsFZkCp.png

But first, healing. Don't let your last retainer die, Lilina. And Roy, I guess it's game over if he goes down.

2yFsLe8.png

Good. I need you to be as competent as you can possibly manage, now that your partner in anima is decomposing. Although, your Niime-tier defense does not reassure me...

XsJPodI.pngYRth46H.png

You... you, I don't want to fight.

B9loesH.png

For whatever reason, the two Knights guarding Murdock are absolute pussies. Murdock is so amazing he doesn't need strong bodyguards: he guards his own body.

This, of course, is not taking into account the fact that I have negative luck, so Wade can't crit and gets hit. I don't know how to feel about it at this point.

IBzqSb2.pngAe5Z0vp.png

In the enemy phase, the other guy kills himself against the great Zalwade. No more fooling around: the time has come to face the music.

JCHkYZ8.png

Err... on second thought, let's do something else instead.

eEQ5o98.png

Ah, a support! Perfect. That'll give me even more of an incentive to keep Lilina breathing safely: if she's offed as well, I'll have to A support Cecilia and Roy, thereby ruining Cecilia's ending. Can't let that happen!

YaWo24y.pngMPRABZ8.pngkjHGtvB.png

This implies the player character is Roy? As well as one of the units? I prefered it when I was Jagen, honestly.

1YHfLqx.png2UIX9xL.pngBt8rOhL.png

What, too busy staring at her assets?

Oh, no, I did it again! Must... avert... temptations...!

Us6Nlzj.png7bTLT5Q.png

Marcus?

48rZLEp.pngL0yNSzB.png

No comment.

BwGNMIP.pngkUvoLl8.png

..."your" what, Cecilia? Be very careful with what you say now.

TKyuIte.png

Mmhm. Okay.

dB1GBdF.png8t7WEh6.png

Jokes aside, I like how in his supports, Roy's soft side is shown. It is in conversations like this one, or the time he threw a tantrum over Marcus retiring, when one realises that Roy isn't all that strong psychologically, he just has to feign he is because otherwise, nobody would take him seriously, and can only let himself go somewhat when he's around those he is close to.

In other words, our leader is a wreck physically, mentally and emotionally. Let that sink in. Roy sucks in every way. And that is a good thing.

Frankly, I would've liked to show his support with Wolt, because I find it to be the best of both characters, but alas...

t8xWPRP.png0Se78UB.png

For now, wait, because the game forces you to after talking.

uZNDHK4.png

Now, wasn't that just a shining display of romanticism? Truly, the obvious conclusion to such a support is marriage. Why not? This is the series with Tharja and Camilla in it, after all.

WKM4Sq2.pngaIyrEgf.png

Jesus Chirst on a bike, this guy. If he moved, this chapter would be impossible!

tlRqxV0.png

Niime is far away because I'm dumb, but even if she wasn't, I heavily doubt she wouldn't get killed in one tomahawk throw.

SXCHZC3.png

Ehhhhh let's just compose a fancy formation to better prepare for this confrontation.

y9wzTaJ.pngV6TECex.png

What's with the weird AI, seriously? Attack me already!

jaPtRdN.png

The only one who can do any significant damage is Lilina. She also needs the forblaze, has a tiny chance to hit, and doesn't get one-shot solely because of that one angelic robe I gave her eons ago.

Why can't I recruit you, Murdock?

iPNaJpS.png

Eh, it's worth a try, I suppose.

N1isrje.png

I just so happen to doubt it, actually.

Xbxp1r6.pngkackGPu.pngqeKLKwp.png

One. That's good enough, I suppose.

As a side note, I want to draw attention to the fact that Murdock has a sprite. As a side note to the side note, I'd like to point out the fact that all three bosses with sprites we've met thus far (Leygance, Roartz and Murdock) have all been purple generals. As well, the other enemy guys who have a sprite (Narcian, Brunja, Zephiel and Gale) are all purple. Isn't that great? They got lazy painting sprites, and settled for giving the purple people and only the purple people a sprite.

I don't even understand why, there's nothing easier and faster than painting sprites! Seriously, here's how you make a GBA simple sprite palette, without changing anything else, in 6 simple steps:

V0zr9Cx.png

1- Pick a spritesheet to use as base and open it in paint.net (which is free, if you're worried about that). I'll use my custom Frost spritesheet that had something else changed because I'm an idiot.

GszPAA3.png

2- Pick the swap colour tool.

odyfd7w.png

3- Set the maximum brush size to speed up the process.

k1dMBdR.png

4- Pick two colours.

3wHeQBs.png

5- Swap the appropriate colours (in this case, greens 1 and 2 are equivalent to greys 1 and 2).

edOsiSh.png

Mgg27wB.png

X5FUNyb.png

6- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until it's done.

PR3IFvW.png

And there we go. I wouldn't exactly call it beautiful, but we now have a custom sprite ready to be used as one sees fit. It took me two minutes to do that. This is the method I used for every other of my custom palettes, and I've been told they look good, so what exactly was the problem here?

Before we continue, and just for fun, let's see how these colours would look like on Frost's mugshot, given that, for the most part, I picked his normal sprite's colours from that one.

ZA1qQlo.png

God, that looks horrible. If there was Morgan version of Frost, I think it'd look something like this.

NFfRihg.pngtv5QciD.pngEtaxQI4.png

Back to the game now. Igrene puts a couple arrows in Murdock. Or tries to, at least. Still, I'm happy, he hasn't managed to hit a single one of us yet.

amE6ry8.pngTPjeWQB.pngGTnEcfh.png

For murdering Murdock, a myriad of mauling and mincing is demanded to make it.

BZPTFVf.pngPYb5GK6.png

Lot does well, as always, but I don't hope we'll be able to kill him now.

bfTCQAg.png2pWQbmM.png

So instead, let's build a wall and make the Wyverns pay for it. With their blood, preferably, although credit cards are accepted.

OeBmgFS.pngpISpOoZ.png

Nice. All things considered, we're doing formidably.

MzI741H.png

Still, the fact that we're surrounded is worrisome, to say the least.

S2gDEEF.pngbfaBAMw.pngtGpXa6F.png

You will never save your leader, Wyverns!

4voMVsK.png1MmjWrx.png

Hmmm... so we have a level 20 General boss ready to be killed by anybody but Roy. Who should we give this kill to?

eqKxKM0.png

Heheheh... well, of course...

Y0Xif8E.png

He's all yours, Marcus!

iHXaPh0.pngoGoZBiA.png

You were a wondrous opponent, Murdock. My regards.

t9YzZPY.pngCVuOloF.png

But I'm afraid...

MNA0z5X.png

It is time to say "FOR PHERAAAAAEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!"

3sfbL3V.pngBvX6XSt.png1MElPAV.png

Pherae has won.

P3pdCiS.png

Of course he is! He's this game's Seth!

3GXNsYv.pngX0ZvLK4.pngFxXMTOP.pngGu5sMv0.png

So long, Murdock. You were a great villain. Perhaps even the best. Now only your inferior liege remains.

FkiuR6m.png

Ah, that's okay. At this point, Marcus is set for life, and even if he wasn't, I don't have anybody else who can use the Durandal.

LUP9pVS.png

At this point, I could've created a savestate and showcased what happens when turn 30 arrives, but I was too stressed out at the time.

rPXH6eX.png

My literal reaction to seeing this pop up was to exhale in the most epicly loud way possible while reclining in my chair. Imagine this but not as exaggerated. I swear, this was physically painful for me.

KdVTnum.png2wLAwve.pngmp1JGYd.png

Remember this?

On 2/4/2018 at 12:20 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Actually, if I recall correctly, it's even dumber than that: Delphin finds the shrine's basement, and then Zeiss/Minerva pop out of nowhere to talk about it because they're from Bern. If either of them is dead, Delphin doesn't find the shrine's basement. Amazing.

Well, as it turns out, I recalled incorrectly: Zeiss/Minerva don't pop out of nowhere to talk about the shrine's basement: a fucking off-screen captive in a game without a capturing system tells Delphin about the Apocalypse. If Zeiss, Minerva or both are dead, nobody tells Delphin about the Apocalypse.

Binding Blade managed to somehow be even crappier than I thought it'd be.

I am dumbstruck.

dmOPRtK.png

Are you fucking serious, Roy?! What did he just s--

68dwJOb.png

A--

...are you fucking serious, Little Shit?!

UqLZtvo.pngnAvGU2A.png

NdUHr72.pngVEJnG2t.png

NdUHr72.pngVEJnG2t.png

NdUHr72.pngVEJnG2t.png

NdUHr72.pngVEJnG2t.png

UOiiIKs.png

VEJnG2t.png

vEJ9D24.png

What?! NO! I REFUSE TO GO THROUGH THAT TORTURE AGAIN! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...!

I WILL KILL MYSELF BEFORE THAT! I... GAAAH! GOODBYE, CRUEL WORLD! I WILL HAVE NO LONGER STAND FOR THIS SHIT!

naVDeON.pngHYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

...I missed myself. Of course. Sigh...

7Gyzxg4.png

Ah, I see. That makes sense, totally. Fucking hell... the fact that they went to such lengths, butchering this scene so, just so they could add another arbitrary requirement to obtain this gaiden chapter, makes me feel so much contempt against IntSys.

gLs9CIV.png

It's over. It... it is over. There is no more.

...oh, thank God... next time, fog of war. But at least there are no Wyvern Lords.

I... unnnhh. I need to go take a shit.

wRuL8kx.png

Lznomap.pngxgPRyFA.png

rDt0LiG.png

oejLH2V.pngg1KFFLK.pngUxTCLmH.png

zsG6Agj.png

MjthBUp.pngyfLBhgk.png5g5vZkK.png

zCEALss.png6iSTWZ2.pngxTQ6EW2.png

PCUoLe3.pngztte0Ys.pngAwAUEyt.pngxTkm4YR.png

ZGmLs1f.pngSVcEdPe.pngg62y8JW.pngwwjBix5.png

t9G5TXq.pngnRW5vyR.png

cnUTa0o.pngb5x0GUH.pngzetuIdH.png

dZzC151.pngZdVhjSy.png

s4wvDqk.png9742qnH.png

r9huaK8.png

8H2O5Gm.png

f8dUkVL.png

fQ4NzeG.png

OrqwnUw.pngjxTv7F6.png

yvZx2z2.pngxknzXAm.png

ZAEaxE0.png3Uwf6er.png

QwaBbbj.pngP2jsrNq.png

zTa6tpM.png

zUby5UG.pngnnN7LxN.png

nTWbBAv.png

UY8jBvt.png

AksSZj9.pnglrCX2H4.pngTrpcbS2.png

Dlr6XeV.pngQEOYGO2.png

RZBaE7S.pngrqheoTe.png

gzlTuwR.png

fd1M4aM.pngFhSkePe.png

81DxLkb.pngybAvc0D.png

nwjQNBE.png

c1NsLfL.png

BgqpOkS.png

PzMGCZ7.png

IMgknTz.pngSnXa7Ak.png

FKtdDHd.png

0pfHr68.png

I6GCc0s.pnggmuXiqi.png

ULJd6Y3.png

N2Qqdag.png

LTzVceP.pngXZN9uBV.png

UWZknFY.pngszfAIEC.png

RYlJ2Qq.png

tgduiJh.png

EAZFRzu.png

U6b9eQO.png

WJWk3mm.pngxMsqAyM.png

kbegC2y.png

7b0wV3f.png

37nK1pN.png

PwSWgVh.pngLcpoPhr.pngkK47bkV.png

oFDrJYL.png

oMfyYmy.png

xV65XBt.pngpEnox2r.png

6iFf37Z.png

FDau5PI.png

znlcWUj.png

NHcmtUN.png

pnKg6mA.png

WD94Lcq.png

NrM8O97.png

31xe12C.pngy4JBZ0g.png

UNjxhAV.png

To be continued.

Death count: Bors
                        Wolt
                        Deke
                        Lugh

Rutger
                        Noah
                        Clarine
                        Lance
                        Jerrot

Fir
                        Wendy
                        Og
ier
                        Treck
                        Barth

Bartre

Elen
                        Echidna
                        Cath
                        Sophia

Raigh

Zeiss

Ta
te
                        Lalum
                        Igrene
                        Astolfo
                        Lilina
                        Cecilia
                        Interest

Dorothy
                        Perceval
                        Everybody

Hugh

Yoder
                        Juno

*Discharged

*Only dead in Ilia

*Only dead in route B

*Only dead in route A

*Only dead in Sacae

*???

Reset count (Roy's death): 8

Dishonorable reset count (other reasons): 2

Merlinus death count: 14

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I sure hope the next conversations are more than a sad attempt at covering Tate's failures as a platoon commander.

What a fitting death quote: SHE GOT KILLED FOR FIGHTING TOO WELL. MY UNITS USED TO GET KILLED FOR FIGHTING TOO POORLY! THEN MY UNITS STARTED TO GET KILLED FOR FACING A CHANCE TO GET HIT CRITICALLY! NOW MY UNITS ARE GETTING KILLED FOR BEING GOOD AT THEIR JOBS! WHAT'S NEXT?! ARE THEY GOING TO GET KILLED FOR EXISTING?!? AM I JUST GOING TO PRESS START AND EVERYBODY WILL FALL OVER AND TURN BLUE... BLUER!?

Good...Good your hate will make you strong

What... oh, of course! He gets killed in one hit from that guy. Why am I not surprised?

Yoder, more like YoDEAD

Oh, and Juno died too, because Jerrot hasn't suffered enough.

Ju kud just reset and hide this Juno Ju want to

If your wondering why I rub radioactive salt in your wounds it is because the pain will make you better, faster, stronger, Matthiser 

And I feed on your rage

Who will it be next, Lot.exe, Zalwade, Bishop Frollo, The Pheraetriot or maybe even Armads

it could be all of them

Boy I can't wait for all those depressing custom endings, I'm pretty sure even the game doesn't expect anyone to lose THIS many people

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

u92BEjl.png0gFZAFK.pngja1Fme6.png

Well that was a good line.

Shame he couldn't deliver on that promise.

bpRXp9A.pngvaHvWNk.png

At least he did something.

Also, that face man. He's kind of loving the pain.

BcUS3mg.pngpd3CWj7.png

Martel and you are brothers?

What that means is that you're perfect with your love for driving me Berserk apparently.

ZeQwybx.pngVLaFBmW.png

The horse has that much power? Have I been hyping the wrong being this whole time?

Well, you doubted it? Heroes does not do him justice by prioritizing the 1250923680436th Lyn over him when it comes to adding new characters to the game, believe me.

Let's be real, if BB finally gets a banner he's pretty much guaranteed to be the GHB unit because Narcian and Zephiel are in.

Poor Brunja.

Why does it always have to be about Canas?

In this case it was timing of the two events at the same time.

They make Karla broken and leave Canas to be meh at best, smh.

No, Peri is not my type, I'm sorry. You see, I'm not into horrible characters.

Not the one I was thinking of.

Peri is right there on the bottom as a character personally, if I'm comparing someone to Peri that's a real bad sign.

Saul. How ironic, that a man named Saul would lack a soul.

That's something I doubt.

I assume if he has no soul it's because he sold it. Even then I doubt it, being a man of the cloth means it's more likely it's rotted so bad that it'd be worth nothing to the devil.

The chance of it happening is a flat zero. I'm sorry, Dayni.

Yeah, like that's happening with the favouritism she'd need.

You seem to think that I just really like her. You know what, my entire reasoning is because 

yAxwrpL.png

That you did, quite friggin' formidably, I might add. As a matter of fact, that's exactly what killed you, just like Hugh.

Tate's pretty pissed that she died because she fought too hard.

txmIflF.pngwU9po3l.png

Caps lock is getting old, so I might as well let you know my actual first reaction to this: at this point, I was beyond being angry and just laughed, asking to myself out loud, and I quote, "will they let any of my units live?".

So, yeah, the game realised I was having some trouble deciding between having Yoder replace Dorothy as Saul's partner or Hugh as Niime's partner, and very selflessly helped me with my dilemma by opening up a third option: neither.

This is the bodies dropping like flies episode then.

bNzxbcG.png

Jerrot has lost his wife, his sister-in-law, his entire platoon, his health and his pride. Isn't that great?

Well shit, Ilia's going to have a suicidal king at this rate.

Murdock has killed four characters in one try. Murdock is better than chapter 7. Murdock is also better than chapters 14, 14x and 15 combined. 

He is Murderdoc.

ZA1qQlo.png

God, that looks horrible. If there was Morgan version of Frost, I think it'd look something like this.

Ugh, old Merric is making me sick.

UOiiIKs.png

Yes Roy, Zephiel has shattered your forces.

I think you might have.

cnUTa0o.pngb5x0GUH.pngzetuIdH.png

Oh boy, does this mean Chapter 23 is going to be wild?

ULJd6Y3.png

N2Qqdag.png

Okay, a different kind of wild.

Especially with all the no so dead people.

Either way next time is fumbling in the dark with no fliers and berserkers to use the water for turn skips. Joy.

18 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:
  Hide contents

Last time, we were moving south.

Seriously! What the actual fuck, why am I being so unlucky? These aren't three-digit hitrates, and they're not high two-digit hitrates, they're low two-digit hitrates that are made even lower by true hit.

Do you understand, RNGoddess? I've explained it in as simple a way as I possibly could. Is it easy enough for you, or do I need to perform an interpretative dance on the matter for you to stop massacring my units?

io6XbG0.pngBSZA29h.png

Oh, and she critted, freeing the tile for another unit to fly in and hurt her even more. But that's fine, that's perfectly fine. She can still take another hit before she's in death range.

PpCgOtW.png

Oh, you've got to be fucking shitting me... it is highly improbable for her to get skewered four times in a row with a 25~% chance of it happening, yet here we are.

hQypkci.png

OF COURSE! AND SHE CRITS AGAIN!

vBXzcll.pngzeZhYvN.png

SHE'S BEEN FAILING TO CRIT WITH THAT THING EVER SINCE I GAVE IT TO HER, BUT NOW THAT HER LIFE DEPENDS ON HER KILLING AS FEW ENEMIES AS POSSIBLE, SHE HITS THEM ALL CRITICALLY! WHY NOT! WHAT ELSE?!

LB4i6CG.png2FfJ9AW.pnghWPtVpy.pngorrUvpH.png

Fuck this game. Fuck it to hell, I swear. WHY WON'T YOU LET ME REST!? HAVE YOU NOT HAD ENOUGH BLOOD!? WHAT MUST I DO FOR THIS TORMENT TO CEASE!?

HNvxamg.png

Nice. Absolutely amazing.

yAxwrpL.png

txmIflF.pngwU9po3l.png

Then it chose the third option for me because I can't have nice things.

7zMORnW.png

I have no idea what this is. Not that I care that much right now, I'm focused on praying to all that is holy and unholy that you guys are right about the Saint's Staff not being required for the good ending, because I don't know how to hack items in without putting them in the inventory of a newcomer, and there are no more of those.

It's not worth wasting a bolting use. Even if she managed to nail him, he would've been fully healed by his magical throne by the time we got there. Instead, let's try not to ruin yet another life (namely, Igrene's) by healing up her long lost betrothed.

Ruin yet another life... huh. You know what, let's make a short pause and take a moment to admire just how shitty this ending is going to be

I will just focus on the main team, the plot-important characters, and the factions in general. Let's leave all the unimportant idiots aside, otherwise we'll be here all day.

- Raigh has lost his brother, but he's reconciled with Chad. I'll be generous with myself, because I know nobody else will be, and say that's a middling ending.

- Pent and Louise have lost their daughter, as well as their old friend and "foster son" of sorts, Deke.

- Lilina lost his dad in the only death that I am not to be held responsible for. On the other hand, she's lost literally every single one of her loyal retainers aside from Astolfo, and those deaths I can be held accountable for.

- Roy lost his childhood friend all those chapters ago, if you recall.

- Dougy lost his daughter.

- Igrene has lost her friend, Sophia.

- Saul no longer has anybody to keep him in check, with Dorothy gone. This means he can finally become Ultimate Frollo. Pretend the Archdeacon is Dorothy and Saul isn't the one to kill her, but another random Bishop.

- The Elimine Church is in shambles, having lost one of its most important figures.

- Niime will never be able to make amends with his grandson. She has failed her late son.

- The Western Isles have lost their heroine.

- Jerrot has lost everything, period.

- Cecilia... Cecilia's fine, I think. Woo.

- Sue is also fine. Ain't that a riot. Fitting, for the successor of Castor.

- Lot and Wade are still both alive and kicking. Their boss is dead, but I suppose it's still a good enough ending.

Then there's the other guys, like Minerva (lost her brother), Karel (lost his brother-in-law and his niece), Shanna (see Jerrot)...

Hot damn... I fucked up royally, didn't I? Almost everyone's lives are screwed up, two factions are destroyed, countless people from both sides have perished... it's rather scary. Jeez... let's just resume the action. With any unluck, some more lives will be ruined before the sun sets today.

I've been putting off showcasing Murdock's stats until now, because Murdock deserves hype to be built up around him. The time has come, however, to reveal just why I fear this guy so.

1rchmyP.png

Holy fuck. Where to begin.

So, for starters, let's compare this man to Etruria's own equivalent Head of the Generals, Dougy.

UCwfsff.png

Compared to Murdock, the Great General of Etruria has one more point of speed (thanks solely to the speedwings and some really uncharacteristic good luck). Then there's everything else, where Murdock kicks him out of the park.

Murdock has capped strength and con, sky-high skill for a General, good luck, absurd defense and resistance, and HP that breaks the cap. As well, he's the one and only wielder of the tomahawk, which, incidentally, is not droppable. He could very well pose as the final boss if the tomahawk wasn't rather inaccurate.

He's also the same guy who devised the "let's downgrade my own troops to make the enemy get cocky and become overconfident" strategy that has allowed him to actually beat chapter 7 in terms of bloodshed. Chapter 7 killed five guys (Lance, Jerrot, Clarine, Rutger and Noah), for sure, but it needed to go at it twice in order to pull it off, having killed Lance and Jerrot first, then killed Roy, then killed the other three. This means that the most units chapter 7 ever killed at once was three. 

Words do not do this man justice. Nothing I can say will possibly be enough. You must see it for yourselves.

y9wzTaJ.pngV6TECex.png

What's with the weird AI, seriously? Attack me already!

jaPtRdN.png

The only one who can do any significant damage is Lilina. She also needs the forblaze, has a tiny chance to hit, and doesn't get one-shot solely because of that one angelic robe I gave her eons ago.

Why can't I recruit you, Murdock?

P3pdCiS.png

Of course he is! He's this game's Seth!

Once again you start off moving south. And once again the update heads in that direction. It's like this chapter was designed that way for a reason. Either that or my theory about Sacae Roy is right and this chapter was literally cursed.

It's like Tate got hit with a beserk staff, went into an insane rage and killed everything in her path until being killed herself. Perhaps she already made the Wyverns pay for that wall then and there, hence stopping their attack later. Either that or they were afraid if a pegasus knight did that.... then what happens when they go for Lot?

The wiki claims the Saints Staff isn't a divine weapon for what it's worth, but I've no personal experience on the matter. I felt like puking when I thought of the possibility that it could cost the good ending (though how good an ending can you call it with so much of the cast dead?). Congratulations. Haven't taken a gut punch like that since the first time I played Mother 3.

The reason Murdock's not recruitable is obvious. If he was, he'd trivialize the remaining game.

I always figured Lot would kill Murdock, but Marcus being to Pherae what Murdock is to Bern kind of makes it more apt that it ended that way. A worthy death for a worthy foe.

Seeing the ending, I can only hope Yoder remains alive. The notion of Saul being the only surviving member of the church involved in the war and taking over Yoder's role is horrifying. It'd either force his redemption arc, or cause the fall of the church into corruption most foul.

Man, for such a bloody, terrible battle, you sure did spin it into a great story. It's hard to imagine what must have been going through Gale's head when he saw the state of his hostages, and to be confronted by Milady about Zephiel's intentions. Loyalty is hard to break when you don't know for yourself the truth, but the pain he must have seen on Juno and Yoder had to have had *some* effect.

Man this chapter ended up being rougher than I thought it would. Curious what you've got going on with Juno and Yoder there.

Poor Tate, situations like that always make me wish there was a way to cancel a crit or double attack when you know it's probably gonna end up getting your character killed...

On 6/16/2018 at 2:07 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Lemme see if I can show you the way to do this through codebreaker real quick, it's really easy! I'll be grabbing codes from https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/gba/563015-fire-emblem-fuuin-no-tsurugi/faqs/35138

Let's take chapter 1 Roy for simplicity, also cause Roy is always in character slot 1. Here's his inventory:

Roy inv.png

So assuming you're using VBA, go to cheats, cheat list, and codebreaker from the options in the cheat list. From there we'll grab the code for item slot 3 for character slot 1, and replace the last two digits of the code with the item code for holy maiden/saint's staff which is 77.

code.png

From there, you need to set uses as well since it defaults to 0, so here's the code for item slot 3 quantity, with 03 as the last two digits for number of uses.

uses.png

And that's pretty much it, so ta-da!

hooray.png

Once it's in your inventory you'll wanna deactivate the codes though, since otherwise it'll set that slot permanently as long as it's on. So hey, while this probably wasn't necessary, here's an item adding method if you need it! I'd make a save state beforehand though, just in case.

Back on topic, oh geez on the thought of depressing customized endings, not sure if I'm ready for those. Granted things aren't over yet and I'm sure there's still some surprises waiting, and you know my hopes regarding Lugh already. For better or worse (probably worse) I feel I gotta stick around till the end though.

At the least, this is having me throw around the idea of trying an LP myself at some point, never done it before but could be fun. Would probably either do Midori, random recruit FE6, or I could go back and finish that patch/hack I was making myself years ago to change everyone's classes & growths and such for 6.

Edited by Unknown Gamer11

Hate when a character dies by being too good at fighting.

Super Robot Wars (another SRPG) had a way to solve that problem though, when attacked you got to choose between countering, defending (boosts defense but lowers evasion and prevents you from attacking) and evading (boosts evasion but lowers defense and prevents you from attacking).

...really wish FE had something like that.

Edited by SoloCross

On 16/6/2018 at 3:07 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Fl0xiIM.pngIzciauX.png

QEPD Lombriz. He was more likable than a recolor has any right to be.

Also, you finally managed to catch a bishop crit! Hurray!

Spot the mistake!

It's tempting, it's so very tempting...but no.

txmIflF.pngwU9po3l.png

Look, Ruben. it's obvious you can't do this anymore. Take a break. if you go on like this you'll just hurt yourself even more.

bNzxbcG.png

Please. Have some fucking mercy on yourself.

Almost everyone's lives are screwed up, two factions are destroyed, countless people from both sides have perished... it's rather scary.

It's almost as if you were fighting some kind of war.