Let's make world conquest easier for Zephiel - Let's play Ironman Fire Emblem 6, without skills!

Saint Rubenio

The only death I'll be sad about would be Marcus'. But Marcus can't die anyway. And even IF he should get a lil flesh wound, he would fight on. FOR PHERAE!!!!1!

Bern is Bern in the German version, btw.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at the death count there's not many characters left to use. Not many that you would actually use. Roy is mandatory, Marcus is doing good work, Allen is left in the corner, Merlinus will survive no matter what, Wade and Lot are what saves the day, I don't know where Thany is, Chad and Astolf are thieves, Saul must become the replacement for Yodel (that sounds so wrong), Sue might be better than we think, and who cares about Shin, Lilina left with no competition, it's too late to start the Supports for Gonzales, Geese won't hit a rock, Klein, Miledy, Percival are doing nothing, yet Percival can still save this run, nobody cares about Cecilia, Igrene have little job to do, wonder if Garret is dead or alive, Fa have limited uses, so Douglas and Niime must prove that late game characters matter.

Yeah, I think that's about it.

Look alive, everybody, it's Canada time. As in, I apologize, but the update's going to be delayed. Guess why.

It's Imgur again. A shame, too, since it had been a really long time since it last gave me trouble. The last update I remember where I had some major technical problems was chapter 14x, and that wasn't even Imgur's fault. I suppose the summer sales have gotten people 'round to buying more games, so more pictures are being uploaded to Imgur for LPs, blogs and the like, which is proving to be really exhausting for the elderly rat inside a running wheel that the owners of Imgur like to call "server".

Thing is, since thursday, I've been trying to upload the next update -- sorry, the first part of the next update multiple times every day, to no avail. Every time it either refuses to upload even after passing a dozen captchas, or when it does, the order's all screwed up for no reason, rendering the album fundamentally useless. I don't think it's ever taken this long to stop being an asshole, usually it ends after a day.

Add to that the fact that I've had a slightly busy week (finally got my driver's license, yay! It only took two LPs!), and, well, here we are, a week after the last update and I am unable to so much as begin writing the next.

I'm sorry, there's not much I can do if Imgur decides it wants to suffer a stroke. Hopefully tomorrow it'll be feeling more cooperative. Cross your fingers.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

Sorry for the double-post, but an update on the update is in order. I have finally found a way to upload the images so that Imgur doesn't shit itself.

...I'll have to upload all 500~ pictures one by one. I'm serious, that's the only way it works. I tried uploading two at once, and that's enough for Imgur to go nuts.

It's going to take a while, so I think I've earned the right to demand that you at least acknowledge me and give me a "thank you for being the bestest LPer ever" post or two.

Anyway, that's all. Expect the update to come in three days, or something like that. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait.

Edited by Saint Rubenio

This one is the good one. I swear to God, if things don't go as planned one more time, I will... I will... rrrgghhhh...!

3yxNPLr.png

Qrq3d7I.png

5jq9CRr.png

RT25OGI.pngauOQXkT.pngrCAxKJW.png

wt5BMma.png

ntROuDA.pngmIroxEA.pngENsJhR1.png

55xETUf.png

YxsJUXS.pngdi3rUVS.pngbumwlzs.pngvUv8C1P.png

Mciekks.png

ve9vMZK.png

EkkrmG8.png

fi1ltAY.png

qPlJHJk.png

THYHY7Q.png

weuEIip.pnga93hH98.png

6XeYZ5d.png

ypmaWIu.png

diZt8sT.pngRsFTg8U.png

42pvCHc.png

iyzFhUP.png

D1PvHRy.pnglcgwcCr.png

y650LlL.pngAKboCNU.png

5DdiURf.png

JpDYUyq.pngYEP1jsg.png

yhxJIIJ.png

SwhzU0d.pngM8SUhYA.png

Qj49Qhz.pngmpzhQDq.png

LCo1s4j.png

BamFo1u.pnghR3rqO3.png

en3bGVI.pngeMv6bkm.png

0NHkrp6.png

SIpoiIR.pngZZrBBZ8.png9fsJEQJ.png

YdCNoXp.pngCauwluI.pngClJxbWi.png

zmykkR8.png

6CKGwlK.pngXbkgkbS.png

BsRSzdY.png

LMBxTCe.png

JmDk0rk.png

JxZfxcy.png

Part 48 - Marksman training, also known as the update where literally everything went wrong.

Holy mother of fuck, I swear, this update was cursed or something. Remember that post where I said I could just upload the images one by one and that worked? Well, no! That didn't work either, because even then, Imgur managed to fuck up and place the newest image somewhere else! So guess what, all the images you're going to see from here on out? I had to upload them, reload the page, make sure the image was in its place, correct the mistake if it wasn't, rinse and repeat five fucking hundred times. The best image hosting site, ladies and gentlemen.

I still don't understand what exactly is up with Imgur. It's never given me this much trouble, and for this long at that. If this continues, I'll have to find a different image hosting site... which scares me, because I already tried that once, and I couldn't find any. Either they wanted me to pay (fuck that) or had a hard limit on the amount of images that could be uploaded. So here's hoping this crap is just because of the steam summer sale or something, and it ends soon. Jesus Christ...

And you know what the worst part about it is? This update has the most replies I've ever had! Do you know how much I want to continue now? But nope, the universe wants me to let you all down. This isn't what I had in mind when I started this LP, believe me. The thirty-something deaths, I could expect, but this... is this my (continued) punishment for sacrificing Clarine?

To make up for all this, the update will be longer than usual, due to me wanting to get this somewhat boring chapter out of the way quickly so that we may proceed on to Zephiel. As always, I advise reading in multiple sessions.

I'm truly sorry for being so persistent, but... please, understand that, after such a horrible battle where I lost so many people, technical difficulties of this caliber were the last thing I needed!

LghVj9q.png Phew... man, that was rough. But at last, it's over. I have prevailed! All that remains is to push the update and enjoy some well deserved rest...

LghVj9q.png Oki-dokie, now let's make sure everything's in order... not that I can think of any reason it wouldn't be.

ZyMLR0k.png Wait, I haven't opened the spoiler yet, but the sidebar says there's a lot of stuff to get through before the bottom of the page...

GlhBh58.jpg?1 No... it can't be! Not now, not this update of all updates! No...

1AENiQI.png

naVDeON.pngNOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUURGH...!!!

Fun fact: for whatever reason, it took me several attempts to post the fixed version. I just... no comment.

On 16/6/2018 at 11:13 PM, Pengaius said:

Good...Good your hate will make you strong

Not really, if it did, I wouldn't have lost two thirds of my army.

Yoder, more like YoDEAD

Staph!

Ju kud just reset and hide this Juno Ju want to

Who said I haven't already done that No, that would be cheating. Where's the fun in not losing all of my army?

If your wondering why I rub radioactive salt in your wounds it is because the pain will make you better, faster, stronger, Matthiser 

That may be why I'm doing far worse than in the last LP. You guys just don't know when to realise your methods don't work and quit.

And I feed on your rage

Oh, you son of a--

Who will it be next, Lot.exe, Zalwade, Bishop Frollo, The Pheraetriot or maybe even Armads

Armads? Armads is also Lot, how dare you put a double bet on him.

it could be all of them

You... tch...!

Boy I can't wait for all those depressing custom endings, I'm pretty sure even the game doesn't expect anyone to lose THIS many people

Yey, I've exceeded the game's worst expectations. Ain't I just great?

On 17/6/2018 at 12:24 AM, eclipse said:

I will be most unhappy if you kill off Gale. . .just saying. . .

Who knows what the future holds...

On 17/6/2018 at 12:44 AM, Dayni said:

Well that was a good line.

Shame he couldn't deliver on that promise.

Eh, he sort of did.

At least he did something.

Also, that face man. He's kind of loving the pain.

I couldn't resist, sorry.

Martel and you are brothers?

What that means is that you're perfect with your love for driving me Berserk apparently.

Hahah. I won, it seems.

The horse has that much power? Have I been hyping the wrong being this whole time?

Not really, the horse didn't save Frost from a fiery death.

Let's be real, if BB finally gets a banner he's pretty much guaranteed to be the GHB unit because Narcian and Zephiel are in.

Poor Brunja.

Why not put both in alongside, I don't know, Orlo? Then we'd have all the best villains in FE6.

In this case it was timing of the two events at the same time.

They make Karla broken and leave Canas to be meh at best, smh.

Karla? Karla!? Are they serious?

Not the one I was thinking of.

Peri is right there on the bottom as a character personally, if I'm comparing someone to Peri that's a real bad sign.

Hmph... who is it, then? Please tell me so that I may respond in two weeks or a month or something like that.

That's something I doubt.

I assume if he has no soul it's because he sold it. Even then I doubt it, being a man of the cloth means it's more likely it's rotted so bad that it'd be worth nothing to the devil.

Hwahahahah... I can just imagine the exchange.

"Hey, devil! Here is my soul! Give me the power to score all the women I so desire!"

"No, sorry, I... your sort is not welcome here, y'see?"

"What do you mean, my sort?"

"...you're too bad for hell, there, I said it. Go pester God now."

"..."

Yeah, like that's happening with the favouritism she'd need.

You seem to think that I just really like her. You know what, my entire reasoning is because 

...okay, I get it. Pfhahahah...

Tate's pretty pissed that she died because she fought too hard.

Oh, believe me, her anger was probably nothing compared to mine.

This is the bodies dropping like flies episode then.

Also known as chapter 7 times 3.

...wait, no, it's 20. Damn, I always think of this one as 21 for whatever reason.

Well shit, Ilia's going to have a suicidal king at this rate.

Maybe not. I couldn't do that to him.

He is Murderdoc.

Fucking hell...

Ugh, old Merric is making me sick.

Now that you mention it...

Yes Roy, Zephiel has shattered your forces.

I think you might have.

We still have Lot, we're good.

Oh boy, does this mean Chapter 23 is going to be wild?

Okay, a different kind of wild.

Wild is the key word here.

Especially with all the no so dead people.

Either way next time is fumbling in the dark with no fliers and berserkers to use the water for turn skips. Joy.

Turn skips? Who cares about turn skips!? I don't! All I want is to get to the end with at least two living units, not counting Roy. Fuck turn skips. We'll take a thousand turns if needed be, but I want to make it to the end.

On 17/6/2018 at 3:22 PM, Mad-manakete said:

Once again you start off moving south. And once again the update heads in that direction. It's like this chapter was designed that way for a reason. Either that or my theory about Sacae Roy is right and this chapter was literally cursed.

Not just that chapter, for the reasons that have been detailed in the last two posts. Urk...

It's like Tate got hit with a beserk staff, went into an insane rage and killed everything in her path until being killed herself. Perhaps she already made the Wyverns pay for that wall then and there, hence stopping their attack later. Either that or they were afraid if a pegasus knight did that.... then what happens when they go for Lot?

If they went for Lot, I would've been far happier, I can tell you that much. he could've taken all that punishment, no problem.

The wiki claims the Saints Staff isn't a divine weapon for what it's worth, but I've no personal experience on the matter. I felt like puking when I thought of the possibility that it could cost the good ending (though how good an ending can you call it with so much of the cast dead?). Congratulations. Haven't taken a gut punch like that since the first time I played Mother 3.

Jeez, don't let this bring you down like so. If it does count for the good ending, I'll just cheat another staff in and never use it. I mean, I think you guys would rather give me leeway to do that and see me suffer through the last couple of chapters than go "hahah you lost Ruben you so bad".

The reason Murdock's not recruitable is obvious. If he was, he'd trivialize the remaining game.

As opposed to Perceval, Minerva, Rutger, Sue's brother...? In fact, due to his shaky availability, he'd trivialize the game less than them!

I always figured Lot would kill Murdock, but Marcus being to Pherae what Murdock is to Bern kind of makes it more apt that it ended that way. A worthy death for a worthy foe.

That was my intention, yes. Besides, it isn't fitting for Lot's character to just murder bosses like that. He's just a normal guy who wants cash for his family, he's not in for the glory.

Of course, that raises the question, who's been paying him and Wade since Deke bit the dust in chapter 5? But, eh. Maybe I'll do a bombshell of a reveal and make Deke show himself in the finale. It'd be a very Morgan plottwist.

Seeing the ending, I can only hope Yoder remains alive. The notion of Saul being the only surviving member of the church involved in the war and taking over Yoder's role is horrifying. It'd either force his redemption arc, or cause the fall of the church into corruption most foul.

That's what happens when you let the worst FE player ever play FE.

On 17/6/2018 at 4:50 PM, DestructionDragon360 said:

Man, for such a bloody, terrible battle, you sure did spin it into a great story.

Well, thank you. God knows I need good words to encourage me, now that the universe is determined to get me to quit.

It's hard to imagine what must have been going through Gale's head when he saw the state of his hostages, and to be confronted by Milady about Zephiel's intentions. Loyalty is hard to break when you don't know for yourself the truth, but the pain he must have seen on Juno and Yoder had to have had *some* effect.

Perhaps we'll hear more from him, if he lives...

On 17/6/2018 at 8:15 PM, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Man this chapter ended up being rougher than I thought it would. Curious what you've got going on with Juno and Yoder there.

We shall see.

Poor Tate, situations like that always make me wish there was a way to cancel a crit or double attack when you know it's probably gonna end up getting your character killed...

That would be amazing. Take notes, IntSys, this is what we need, not built-in rewind.

Tutorial on cheating

You, sir, have done a great service to this LP. Even though the uses code is rather unnecessary, as I would never use the staff after hacking it in (just like Zeiss, it would be considered lost for all intents and purposes), this might very well save the LP in due time. And even if it isn't necessary in the end, hey, the intention is what counts. Thank you a lot, my friend!

Back on topic, oh geez on the thought of depressing customized endings, not sure if I'm ready for those. Granted things aren't over yet and I'm sure there's still some surprises waiting, and you know my hopes regarding Lugh already. For better or worse (probably worse) I feel I gotta stick around till the end though.

Please do, I like reading replies.

At the least, this is having me throw around the idea of trying an LP myself at some point, never done it before but could be fun.

I was inspired by an LPer to begin an LP in this forum. Now I'm inspiring somebody else to begin an LP here as well. We've gone full circle, everybody.

Would probably either do Midori, random recruit FE6, or I could go back and finish that patch/hack I was making myself years ago to change everyone's classes & growths and such for 6.

Whatever it ends up being, count me in as a reader.

On 18/6/2018 at 1:32 AM, SoloCross said:

Hate when a character dies by being too good at fighting.

Me, I love it. If it wasn't obvious enough for all the love that I displayed in the last update.

Super Robot Wars (another SRPG) had a way to solve that problem though, when attacked you got to choose between countering, defending (boosts defense but lowers evasion and prevents you from attacking) and evading (boosts evasion but lowers defense and prevents you from attacking).

...really wish FE had something like that.

Gee, it's almost as if FE wanted its players to suffer. But at least it doesn't have microtransactions--

Oh. Wait.

On 18/6/2018 at 3:42 AM, Franp3 said:

QEPD Lombriz. He was more likable than a recolor has any right to be.

Nice, I succeeded.

Also, you finally managed to catch a bishop crit! Hurray!

Hahah... you cheeky devil.

It's tempting, it's so very tempting...but no.

I mean, the mistake made itself obvious a minute after that, so...

Look, Ruben. it's obvious you can't do this anymore. Take a break. if you go on like this you'll just hurt yourself even more.

Well, for better or for worse, Imgur forced me to take a break, so... yahoo?

Please. Have some fucking mercy on yourself.

No mercy for the wicked! This is a fair reward for sacrificing that pink shitstain... I think.

It's almost as if you were fighting some kind of war.

You don't normally see this sort of thing in FE. You should be thanking me for showing you the harsh reality of war.

On 18/6/2018 at 1:01 PM, Sweet Summer Tana said:

The only death I'll be sad about would be Marcus'. But Marcus can't die anyway. And even IF he should get a lil flesh wound, he would fight on. FOR PHERAE!!!!1!

Ah, so if Lot dies nobody cares, eh? Why does everyone like to introduce themselves to the thread by demanding Lot's head off his shoulders?! What's your damned problem!?! Have I not been through a long enough agony?!?!?!?

Bern is Bern in the German version, btw.

Ah, good to know.

On 18/6/2018 at 6:00 PM, Garlyle said:

Looking at the death count there's not many characters left to use. Not many that you would actually use.

Oh, you don't need to tell me that.

Roy is mandatory,

No, seriously, stop it, I don't want to be reminded of this...

Marcus is doing good work, Allen is left in the corner, Merlinus will survive no matter what, Wade and Lot are what saves the day, I don't know where Thany is, Chad and Astolf are thieves, Saul must become the replacement for Yodel (that sounds so wrong), Sue might be better than we think, and who cares about Shin, Lilina left with no competition, it's too late to start the Supports for Gonzales,

Not to mention the fact that he's severely underleveled and I can't promote him, but sure, let's go for the supporting issue. That's the real dealbreaker here.

Geese won't hit a rock, Klein, Miledy, Percival are doing nothing, yet Percival can still save this run,

Hold your horses! Halt! Perceval is in Etruria, remember? I wrote him off the story! He cannot save this run.

But let's still take a moment to talk about this. First Dayni, then you... why is everybody so obsessed with the notion of Perceval saving this run? This run does not need saving, because it's beyond saving we have plenty of strong units, some of which are better than Percy himself. If everyone dies, sure, he may save the run, but right now, we're good to go.

nobody cares about Cecilia,

Oh, you've got to be kidding me... best man and now best girl, too? Why can't you let me have good things? Stop disdaining my favourite people, damnit all! But at least it doesn't seem like anybody wants to see Marcus's blood spilt. That would've been too much.

Igrene have little job to do,

This statement is wrong in so many levels, it's highly laughable. I'm sorry, but... no. Just, no.

wonder if Garret is dead or alive, Fa have limited uses, so Douglas and Niime must prove that late game characters matter.

Dougy's been doing that in flying colours for a while. Niime has too little HP.

Yeah, I think that's about it.

Siiiiiiiiiigh...

On 23/6/2018 at 12:30 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

things

Man, whoever this guy is, he's fucking annoying. Why won't you shut up about your personal troubles with image hosting and stuff? This is a thread about FE6, yet you would double-post without even mentioning the update at hand. Eclipse, please, ban this numbskull. Spare him of his suffering...

On 24/6/2018 at 6:55 PM, DestructionDragon360 said:

Ruben thanks for being the best at being the worst lper ever. Your dedication to completing fe6 with no skills whatsoever is a sight to behold, and a trainwreck to watch. A beautiful, bloody mess that no one could look away from.

Hahahahah... in retrospect, I should've seen this coming. Thank you, friend, you gave me a good laugh.

On 25/6/2018 at 4:00 AM, eclipse said:

How about posting in batches?  That way, you don't run into the character limit (among other things).

Character limit? That is a thing that exists? I had no idea... well, what can I say. Frankly, if that's what the captcha is, I prefer having it, as it saves me from accidental uploads.

Anyway, the truth is, I just prefer pushing bigger updates. Not to mention, it helps me time the plot sections easily. It's worked thus far, I suppose. Besides, the problem isn't on Serenes, it's all Imgur's fault.

Spoiler

ubTvc8I.pngnORmJ59.png

Why are we still using words like "apparently"? Isn't it sufficiently clear that there are, indeed, two weapons? Does the game really have to try to set up this throughoutly unmysterious mystery of whether there are two weapons or not? Would the narrative lose that much power if they just outright stated that there are two weapons?

UUHcn2P.png

Oh, and here is Peres, a man who should've been introduced with Murdock, should've appeared in every one of Murdock's scenes, shouldn't be named after a mispelled spanish surname (although it seems in Portuguese it really is Peres? And, technically, south Americans pronounce it "Peres", even though the correct spelling when writing is still "Perez") and most definitely shouldn't be a recolour of the mummified carcass we fought in chapter 14x. I mean, sure, I can take the game's word for him being one of Murdock's best commanders, but if we actually saw him being one of Murdock's best commanders, it would've been far better. Also if he wasn't, y'know, 80 years old.

Even so, with all these problems, I still find him to be a slightly better boss than Yahn.

5MjyEXc.png6Tkk1Sn.pngdf2mrRf.pngpWJu1pl.pngxJSxxkC.pngmCZQwMu.png

Trading. Believe me, it was fun uploading all these meaningless screencaps that noone's going to bother looking at. One. By. One.

Sorry, I'll try not to turn this update into "Imgur hate: the post", but you must understand, I am bitter.

yyHEYGj.pngxHvJxro.png

In other news, last time, I said Lot could now use silver bows. I was wrong, in this game, they're A rank. I've been spoiled by the DS games, where silver weaponery is usable at B rank. No matter, however. He'll get there soon enough.

gxj5UPO.png

Here is the team. I know, Zeiss isn't supposed to be alive, but...

3ZDnAW1.png

Well, I don't even have space to hide him from sight anymore. See this? Inmediately above Minerva is Zeiss. This is my army. I have exactly two pages of units, in a game that sits firmly above the average cast size of this series. We all know this, but I thought I might as well stress this very well-stressed point once more.

Hmm... I wonder what Delphin has to say about this?

kKJ4oiY.pngjwhGu8c.png

Fucking Little Shit... perhaps you should exert a little more effort into caring about the fact that everyone, up to and including the daughter of your loyal General who took care of you after you were almost assassinated, are buried six feet deep.

hnYqpup.png

Let's just move. The faster we beat this chapter, the faster we'll be closer to the end of this torture.

LQcJxsf.pngwp1EhJn.png

Enter Peres. I forgot to show it off because by then I just wanted to be done with the chapter, but if in chapter 20 you take longer than 30 turns to seize, Peres appears, exclaims that he's successfully sealed the Apocalypse, and joins the battle alongside two of his Druid pals. It's cool: I prefer that to plot blizzards.

9c2kBNx.pngM3M3MCx.png

This gives him more personality than around half of the bosses in this game. Remember the tier list?

JatDESv.pngrXj5r61.png2QErb3Q.png

Question for you, friend, why don't you use the Apocalypse against us? Worst case scenario it breaks and you die, but then, you've won. And even if you don't have S rank despite being a high-ass level Druid, another question for you: why don't you destroy it? It's not as if you're using it for anything, it's been just sitting here all war long. My point is that you're bad at the things you've been ordered to do.

No hard feelings, though. It's understandable, you're a decrepit, crickety old, taxidermed human being, you can't be asked to be that good at much of anything.

Waz4QdT.png

Remember this?

On 16/6/2018 at 8:07 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Remember this?

On 2/4/2018 at 12:20 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

Actually, if I recall correctly, it's even dumber than that: Delphin finds the shrine's basement, and then Zeiss/Minerva pop out of nowhere to talk about it because they're from Bern. If either of them is dead, Delphin doesn't find the shrine's basement. Amazing.

Well, as it turns out, I recalled incorrectly: Zeiss/Minerva don't pop out of nowhere to talk about the shrine's basement: a fucking off-screen captive in a game without a capturing system tells Delphin about the Apocalypse. If Zeiss, Minerva or both are dead, nobody tells Delphin about the Apocalypse.

Binding Blade managed to somehow be even crappier than I thought it'd be.

I am dumbstruck.

Well, as it turns out, I recalled incorrectlier: I had assumed Zeiss and Minerva would appear in this chapter's introduction to speak of the Apocalypse. Instead, Zeiss and Minerva do not appear to inform Delphin of the shrine's basement, nor do they appear to tell Roy trivia about the shrine's basement: if you don't deploy either of them, Guinivere does that instead.

Zeiss and Minerva are not involved in any part of 20x at any point and in no way other than having arbitrary event flags up their asses.

Binding Blade managed to somehow be even, even, EVEN crappier than I thought it'd be.

I am... mega dumbstruck.

jyBwozZ.pngDYZZch4.png

Oh, and if you were thinking that was the worst part, think again. So, the game itself establishes that the tome is there to protect the shrine from intruders. That could be done in one of two ways: either the tome is sentient and posseses the ability to fly up to Roy and blast him away, which is obviously not true, or it's there so that, in case somebody seizes the shrine (as in, this situation right here), the defenders could pick up the tome and use it against the attackers, destroying them with the unexpected and highly powerful tome, which means that Peres is a complete and utter failure at his job, but not as much as Roartz.

k71NmSa.png

STOP! STOP IT! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALT!

Damnit all, can we stop kicking this dead corpse already? Friggin' hell, it's a legendary weapon, there, I said it! Can we say something useful now?! Fuck my life, I never thought I'd say this, but please, Merlinus, start talking about traps or something. Your chronic paranoia would be in this case more relevant than... whatever this nonsense is supposed to be!

J6G1xk6.pngvLLsz2v.pngFpHSZQM.pngfQRJQ3V.png

Oh, really? Nah, I think it's best that we just take a hike and try to clobber Zephiel over the head with a stick. Doesn't that sound like a most marvelous idea? Besides, it's not as if Niime will be able to fight Zephiel, she's got far too little defense for that.

YnwKPWq.pngLZpfAR8.png

YnwKPWq.pngLZpfAR8.png

YnwKPWq.pngLZpfAR8.png

No, sorry, not this time. I'm not in the mood. It's already taking tons of effort to upload the normal pictures, uploading the edited versions with smug Roy might cause Imgur to implode on me, and that's not something I want to happen.

Besides, he already lost one of these to Delphin. Let's just say Roy has developed as a character and has been humbled by his defeat against Little Shit, finally deciding to leave these childish games behind. Yeah, sounds good. It's LP canon until I really feel like doing it again, then it'll be retconed not to be LP canon anymore.

6991OE1.png

Actually, no, they're the most pathetic things you'll ever see. Err, after a third of this game's cast. Or my LP.

9T58viZ.pngd01uR8I.png

I'm not bringing a Thief, Guini, I'm sorry. I need those precious deployment slots for Dougy.

cnSRkJn.pngppBccrf.png

That said, now that I think about it... Roy does need to stay on his guard, the traps could potentially kill his sorry, weak ass.

aUBzCJ4.png

Today's map has fog, but it's the same fog we totally encountered in Roartz's manor in Sacae. This means that everyone has Thief-tier visibility in this chapter for whatever reason, and there are no Paladins in this map that can outrun our sight range. Both factors render the fog aspect of the chapter more or less irrelevant. Of course, the existance of chests would make it seem like a good idea to bring a Thief along anyways, but really, they aren't worth it. I'm serious, there's nothing that we want in those. All that can be found here is a pointless gimmicky that doesn't pay off as it should. For this reason, I won't bring a Thief. I might use the chest key to open one or two to show off the gimmick (and to get some experience, which is never a bad thing to get), but overall, it's not worth sacrificing deployment slots for a Thief.

As for the violent side of things, we have...

GejGArw.pngJpT8xS5.png

Dark mages with fenrir!

1YvGgWM.pngojXrkEN.png

Prepromotes with silver weaponery!

VL47HBp.pngSG45q0E.png4ibPMBk.png

And more things that I'll be showing later because right now, we can't see anything.

dBIuqhJ.png

Two silver weapons to the face is not something I want to risk taking. Therefore, Dougy and Marcus keep a safe distance.

szKla7i.png

The Western Reapers, backed up by Niime and Saul, will head west.

xgX3x7H.pngagRH8vD.png

First combat of the day. It's Lot failing to slap an axe into the Mercenary's face.

9nc40BB.png

And then a flashbang. This picture required three/four clicks to be uploaded. Just saying.

IIsrcPw.pngoaam9O4.png74FuDOT.pngmcXN1Lf.png

The enemy attempts to fight the Purple Wonders, but to no avail. Sure, Dougy got doubled, but who cares.

8Peyvkd.pngUbBgYcn.png2fOnsjP.png

Half of my army is comprised of prepromotes. That's slightly sad, but the fact that they're such great prepromotes makes up for that.

xSqUT8X.png

Well, isn't that convenient.

SIACv9B.pngLIgIx5A.pngETX8q4F.png

Good, she didn't miss. After all that's happened lately, the feat of attacking without missing is cause to throw a party, pretty much.

CMbNp1s.pngWTZXzPs.png

Marcus equips his javelin, but doesn't attack because I don't want to take any unnecessary risks.

3SqmeGS.png

The western team, instead of silver weapons, has to face a Hero that wields a weapon that should've been obtainable, but isn't.

wXeKobh.png

I think it's time to whip out of the Aureola at last. Rain down divine punishment on this heretic, Saul! Forget that the heretic is actually you!

80kNWI7.png5gupqBl.pngvGQ4znC.png

I always liked Aureola's animation. It's really good, one of my favourites for legendary weapons.

KZn9S6K.png

This is why I gave Lot the swordreaver. Finally, he has a good chance to hit these pesky Mercenaries! Hah hah hah... how's it feel, you--

qUTEnPH.pngY9Sprrv.png

Augh... why...

J5X5gti.png

Damnit all!

ruuncat.pngLTVBgVi.pnghrakDlt.png

Well, at any rate, nobody can reach Niime and Saul. Lot and Wade can handle all that and more.

On a related note, here's the continuation of the Great Epic Tale of Imgur and Its Failures: it was at this point in time that it occured to me that there was an alternative way to uploading every picture at once. If I don't reload the page after uploading, the order remains the same. Of course, this does mean I can't just upload the whole batch of pictures and be done with it, because I can't quit without the album becoming unusable, but it's far less tedious than what I was doing up to this point.

So yeah, good for me, I found a way to circumvent Imgur's grievous problems. I just hope these shenanigans don't screw up the update itself. They shouldn't, I don't think the URLs of the images are scrambled alongside the order within the album, but oh well, all's possible.

What matters is that, for the time being, I can stop writing paragraphs on how Imgur screwed me over and I'm really sad. Finally.

Of course, this was Ruben from the past talking. As I sit here, writing these sentences, I now know that the universe was just trying to get me to let my guard down so that I wouldn't notice the monumental blunder that I was committing. And it succeded, in flying colours. Baaah... since you're likely reading this, Eclipse, allow me to thank you and the other mods for being so quick to act when I am an idiot. You guys are good. I know a "thank you" buried under a plethora of pictures and a mountain of text isn't the most gratifying thing ever, but... eh, that's life.

HXaJeXa.pngTGgcm06.png

This fool attempts to face Marcus. He failed.

izyqEqz.pngUEDAm8l.png

This other guy fails even harder, missing one of his two sword thrusts.

DmezIML.png

That's not to say Lot fares much better. Seriously, why does this game abhor me?

IYnCvzn.pngKB2KPGU.png

Igrene is attacked by the General.

sGm280X.png

For all the good it does him. Jeez, Igrene. I didn't think she'd grow to be this good initially, but hot damn, she's showed me up. She's a wee-bit worse than Dorothy at her prime, but not enough to make a real difference. Not to mention, she didn't even need a RNG blessing to be so good, this is a mostly average Igrene, except for her speed, which is just a couple points over the middling line. What was that about Igrene not having much to do, Garlyle?

ehxenFX.pngvRbHUGI.pnggGuoQRb.png

Still, she's not quite as good as Lot, Wade, or Marcus. They're the true heroes of this story.

afqSpPa.pngXTkaJ17.png

Eh, one of two. With that hitrate, I can sort of understand it.

1K8cO7I.png

Once the player phase begins, Marcus finishes what he started and ends this Merc's life.

sOmsrKt.png

I'd say "FE.png", but the truth is, Jeigan 27 chapters into the game is as unlikely as it gets. Even the pros would've dropped Marcus by now. This has been your daily reminder that Marcus is the best thing that's ever happened to anyone, courtesy of yours truly, your dedicated host.

As a side note, entering Serenesforest to count exactly how many chapters we've played through already (counting the gaidens) revealed to me that Murdock's chapter is, in fact, chapter 21, also known as chapter 7 times 3, so the joke I said didn't work earlier while responding to Dayni did work, except I'm dumb and have no memory. I also have no eyes to read the chapter's title screen that said "21x" in perfectly big, readable numbers. Sigh... I impress myself sometimes. I'm not even going to go back and fix it, I think this stupidity deserves to be seen. I mean, if I had any interest in preserving my dignity, I wouldn't have shown you the time I forgot to move Lilina and she was very disappointed at me.

obdtg2l.png

Regardless, have some healing, Marcus.

7XexQxh.png

Oh!

f2fTNis.pngRj8JzQd.pngeKJEoLR.png

Inconceivable! Roy managed to do something!

Dp6KBI0.png

A shame he couldn't get the kill, but eh, he's capped. Sadly, he's still capped.

khXzGSJ.pngIk5gKdf.png

Dougy will take care of everything ahead. Do your worst, enemies!

tSMFbZH.png7vPDtfK.pngJpHeXQ7.png

Saul Jeigans a Hero for Wade to kill.

LuOEHG7.pngu6rf8zo.png

I know this might be painful to behold for some of you, but the truth is, wasting experience right now is not really all that impactful. None of our units are below level 8, and only a couple of them are below 10. Spoiler alert, soon, it's only going to be one.

JYnqyYS.pngjL32q2D.png

As per request, the enemies do their worst. Their worst is the worst. Cue in canned laughter!

r35AvER.pngxPUZpPV.pngbYoNPgR.png

Hwohohohoh! The only enemy Dougy can't really harm, and he still manages to cripple him. Sure, sure, he still missed his second shot, but after that crit, I can forgive him.

CWI9l0J.pngS3VScqY.png

Lot, too. Frankly, if I managed to get him to the double S ranks, I'd be really, really happy. And the best part is, it's actually possible. A rank a chapter, he'll have enough to use the Mulgreis by 24, which is when it'll truly matter. Incidentally, the Armads has 5 uses, so... it might be a seriously good idea.

hhIf0um.pnggagbvBT.png

In any case, Lilina finishes off the General.

uKKkp5i.png

We've reached maximum Lilina. Maybe now, she'll actually bother getting some defense.

YCJui1j.png

I have Dougy retreat a little, just in case. I've lost sight of the fenrir Shaman, and that's a foe Dougy does not want to face.

vGpWmK1.png9yEcEu2.pngTlJouqX.pngi43wfUx.png

The other team destroys some enemies.

P01Xwzv.pngHjQtMAt.pngDX3e8V9.pngKt0heTB.png

Lacking a more prevalent task, Saul helps Niime equip her nosferatu tome, as I don't want her to die here.

tzkreON.pngZzFdNMh.pngQrqLJO6.png

Dougy chokes the point in what I think is the phrase that's been in everyone's mind since he first started choking the point.

43JHvKU.pngvHaojQS.png

As for the western team, this Sniper has a deathwish and attempts suicide via Lot. Sadly, he doesn't crit, but don't you worry, little man. The time will come to end your suffering... forever.

1gKcVGi.png4cvT0iP.pngrnzQHGg.png

Pictured, why nosferatu is awesome in this game. A shame I didn't get to properly use it until now.

5BthxN3.png

Holy-- and she doubles! Formidable, Niime. Good show!

jFayvgF.png

Huh. Looks like this Shaman is one of those nonsensical stationary enemies. How strange... although, seeing how bad Peres is at things, it does not surprise me that he'd order one of his very powerful spellcasters to stay put while the steel bow Sniper is allowed to blindly charge the enemy.

R7ZQlTG.png

Lot finishes the foul deed, and cleaves the Sniper's head in half.

G0eUGMY.png

Jesus fucking Christ, this man is amazing. Remember when he went for, what, five levels getting HP and he still was my best man? Hahahahah... Lot, keep on being awesome.

S9DgHuO.png1JqbcrR.png

Healing for the MVP. Mother of God, if we're going to get through this hell of a game, it's going to be thanks to you, man.

3PBbkDc.png0LgUvn9.pngxqncBkP.png

Marcus fights this person, at range because it doesn't matter that he can retaliate when both his hitchance and his damage are terrible. But that isn't the important part.

PB8tPWW.png

Ah, shucks. But that is fine, even the best units sometimes get dud levels. It's not important, you're still amazing, Jeigan.

aV9NGMJ.png7R8zgv7.pngkLu42eD.png6TCNON3.png

Other than that, nothing much happens. Dougy can no longer attack at range, but that is fine. He'll walk the distance the old-fashioned way.

8OpBHz3.pngMK9MZXt.png

I don't trust Lilina, so I have Cecilia carry her to safety because Cecilia is totes useless, and that's it for this squad's movements this turn.

VaAD12t.pngQ0Bswkq.pngfKjr519.png

Lot ruins this asshat's day by employing the Lotcopter.

rnciFgI.png

Pretty sure this is Lot doubling and killing the Hero. I don't know, I forgot to take a map screencap of this turn.

l2enMYV.pngmY9tWp8.png

Jeez, look at that damage. Even when it's being wielded by a lowly Shaman, fenrir is no laughing matter.

2q52RmX.png

Ah, the signature move of the worst tacticians ever: attempting to have a bow unit engage in a fistfight.

Z7AujsC.pngjehoo6f.pngWmBMmkI.pngKGkIDL2.png

No, serious question, why? Why does this keep happening? Is 80% the new 0% and nobody told me, or what?

CLK1K5U.pngvEqVyhj.png

Neat frames. Neater kills.

Q2ihj5m.png

Okay, good.

GqNzs7E.pngbWr3HnQ.pngyBdZFl2.pngsMiX6JL.png

Hey, at any rate, we're getting quite lucky with the crits.

10o1pPW.pngr60u7IU.pngZTLj1Pa.png

It occurs to me that I haven't shown off fenrir. Well, there you have it. This is it. Fun fact: the animation is much slower in FE6 than it is in the next two games because FE6 is an unpolished game.

mM8ACUG.png

Nothing more to do, let's end the turn.

GRWYOp1.pnguDlBy60.png

That was quick. I suppose this is my cue to haul ass forward at last.

ekUETFu.png

Like so. I'm trying to avoid any unpleasantness that may come to pass if I leave somebody next to the wall.

cHc6mOy.pngtwGvg2v.pnghjCk9GQ.png

Look, a rare divine frame! I definitely didn't slow down the game and rewinded ten times to capture this one in all its linear glory!

6fYnq5p.png

In other, more important news, Wade refuses to be left behind by his friend and reaches 20 defense, securing his place as the third tankiest member of the team. I'm so proud of him. Even if he's a tad worse than Lot, the fact that he's such a solid unit, speed aside, ensures he can do far more than just being a supportbot. Never thought Wade could be this good.

Scd2oTN.pngJG0z8A0.pngNw736ta.png

Here's the first of the chapter's Druids. He's an asshole and could defend the throne just fine if he was allowed to sit on it.

otfhD3Z.pngQB7hjtK.pngRFfJDyg.png

The plan to deal with him is to employ Saul, as he has WTA, to chip him down so that the axe siblings can finish him off with their unparalleled might.

eFqHxC8.pngXxUmVQX.png

But first, Marcus fights this guy.

g2TbA0G.png

Piece of shit! You will come to regret that!

h233OX5.png0Qgq2UA.png

Hah! Just like so, Saul, just like so! I didn't even have to go back to capture that crit frame!

BTtJkWV.pngYzIl9dK.png

Oh, no.

3LdenaC.png

Not you, Niime! What, now that he's dead, your grandson's curse has passed on to you?

OvRkoRT.pngaZN0nHM.pngMhZfYOP.png

That's better.

4d2NEnU.pnggDJNH9S.pngaNpSJBb.pngnRNSiRe.png

With the Mercenary's demise, there isn't a soul left in the proximity of the eastern division to oppose them.

qFwKzXE.pngQhF4NPu.png

At this point, this is just routine.

LeT2VBm.png

Eh. Not the best note to end your leveling career on, but it's all right. You're a solid mage, as you've always been since I finally got you your first light magic tome. Most importantly, though, you're the living proof that Bishops in this game can be viable after all. That's a win for Ruben. I'll write it down on the list, alongside completing chapter Douglas perfectly and without a single casualty. I... haven't had that many victories.

lT9gwe2.pngbeoq58A.png

Mirrored worlds.

OekdOqk.png

Mmhmm, yes...

CV6jRQd.png

Hah! Being the classic growth Fighter has its perks.

3joVOmG.png

Welcome to the final mystery, Jindosh practitioner of the dark arts!

9jbJ6Jw.png

That should be the last of the silence charges. Good thing, too, I'm almost all out of restore uses.

ejEd1o2.png6QD9O7O.pngcPv91J4.png

I'd leave Roy behind to catch up when he could, but I want Marcus to enjoy those tasty stat bonuses. For this reason, I employ my General to give him a boost via rescue-dropping.

Man, a General rescue-dropping. Why are my LPs so weird? I know I only have two, but...

8JBKvdI.png

In any case, it is time for those very well-crafted traps of Guinivere's.

n7PlH3I.png

For starters, half of the tiles aren't even rigged, so there's a very high chance nobody will get hurt crossing this hallway.

SvrvsQG.png

But that isn't the most crippling flaw in the design of these traps.

8AlwOvY.png

The most crippling flaw is that they deal 10 damage, so it's, not quite literally but effectively, impossible for anybody to get killed by these, so long as you keep everybody healed.

O0ODy1C.png

Even Cecilia can undo everything these little gadgets can possibly accomplish.

28iu4uH.png3xu262x.png

Double d'oh! Who cares, I'll heal her up next turn. It's not as if anybody can reach her, anyhow.

Iz3etxk.pngWV2o1vA.png

Nobody from the western squad is hurt by the traps. This dungeon is just a masterpiece of good protection.

rfSkPTk.pngQaDabrk.png

Earnestly, this chapter isn't hard. It's definitely closer to 8x and 12x than it is to 14x and 16x, although I'll admit it's not as unbelievably pathetic as the former two. It's merely pathetic.

aD7dJU7.png

Not for Roy, though, who gets destroy if both of these enemies hit and can't do much damage at all. Even more so than any of the aforementioned chapters, Roy is unbelievably pathetic, and his horribly late promotion is to blame entirely. He wouldn't be my best unit either way, but he'd at least be decent if he promoted earlier.

JlIeMqo.pngQ5G142n.pngRohWDKi.png

Well, whatever. It's time for some asskicking.

7nOY45D.pngSk2uil6.pngMInCipA.pngW9kw2Cp.png

Ah-ha! Pherae wins! With some assistance from Arcadia.

WFAlg7c.png

Single d'oh!

9EjvR2O.png23ezxyw.png

Very well, this is it.

KkaQxS8.pngIU8Pevm.pngF5xtFeF.png

Such convenient positioning.

vwgxRQf.png

Although, perhaps not so much... 1 use. Make it the best, Lot.

86qs0IS.png

D'oh!

eFvlAkV.png

Okay, no longbows to kill her. Good.

nEOL1az.pngRcZ6he4.png

Of course, the convenient placement from before doesn't matter because Wade wasn't holding his bow. Oh, well.

oOsH9zd.pngz1aXXd5.png

Nice.

ZMFaBwX.pngUu0GUW5.png

Nicer. She strives to be Lady Twelve, apparently.

IcyjAqH.pngRSAdlpN.png

Free experience! Thank you, floor. Unlike in 14x, here you aren't hateable and hateful.

OgdKWuG.png2npFx9m.png

Look, it's a nasty surprise for Marcus.

KhVMERJ.png

And in the other side, a nasty surprise for Dougy!

mAPkYP7.pngL8cXsnE.pngHmN3sfX.png

We didn't get very lucky with the traps this turn. I'll have to heal Niime, post-haste.

aPl9oze.png4RC8Hvx.png

More randomly stationary enemies? Why are there so many of these?

BWGQUKK.png

We'll have to bring the fight to them. But first, let's deliver on my promise to heal Niime up.

zZaYPHn.pngsQoYvmk.png

Ah, cool, B rank for Wade too.

k0oPUiG.pngE41P180.png

Lot may've ABS of steel, but he does not wear armor. I'm quite afraid your dinky metal shard is worthless against him!

sUT3wSA.png265tqTp.pngtDio9kn.pngRwDvcE9.png

Cool! Dougy shows this generic who is the best General.

6jiughB.pngekBd9BP.pngAepYKtC.pngRQNQZ8q.png

A kill for Cecilia, because why not.

l3WFrb9.png09MY6qp.pngi7M4U51.png

Ouch, Marcus! Good thing these shitty traps cannot double.

xh30bi5.png5tVBwE0.pngem97LaN.png

That wasn't as productive as I would've liked, but he will surely die this turn.

dSVC0g1.png

...I stand corrected. Sigh...

trJGQFf.png70w4K8j.png

Go down!

zT1Gbnd.png

So long, bow. You'll be replaced by next chapter. Right now, though, Lot'll have to make do with Wade's iron bow.

Pn9fEsH.pngJFtvQzO.pngPZDoEiA.pnglTr5eLo.png

Healing, moving, more healing, more moving.

SNWv8y7.pngxK8v4VO.pngDmUYotC.png

Good effort, Marcus. That's another kill fo rus.

XCCPdgP.pngCiIf9I3.png

Ergh... are you serious, guys?

mC5mIOd.png

Get serious, veterans, please. You're being surpassed by a ten year old girl.

TlgEOR6.pnghMNxTMW.png

Hmm... wait a minute, is that...

IWRgvDA.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, NO! TRECK'S KILLER!

xCKdz89.png

Pull out pull out pull out! ABOOOORT!!

UWCzz3p.pngyRIWIpz.png

Here you go, Lot. You must keep on honing your sharpshooting.

SJASuTi.png

Better.

mSaL6RG.pnggPCj3WW.png

Oh, I don't believe it...

bcBsBXB.png

Die already!

UgAd2x4.png

I know "already" is a bit of a nonsensical word when he hasn't even moved, but last time I let Berserkers move, my elite died, so...

cjEOfCa.pngicSG76U.png

Oohh, I can see the boss! Let's take a look at the stats.

RT9SZgt.png

Meh, he isn't bad. He's nothing compared to Murdock, but he does have nosferatu, which sucks. Even so, I doubt we'll require every single legendary weapon in our possesion to bring him down, like with Murdock.

21rdheC.png

All right, proceeding. You know the drill.

988iUOe.pngyu56wvO.pngqMoe5py.png

The General is yet another inmobile enemy, so all we get is WEXP for Lot. Which is good, don't get me wrong.

LwRKESa.png

Lilina ruins the General's day.

gwL0Gwd.png

Now, pull out. Tactical nukes aren't known for their physical stability.

hSQZtVF.png

Hmmm... eh, might as well.

Q8gQPIJ.pngNWLDnfh.png

The Generals of Etruria remind eachother of their names.

QTeGQtj.png

He's been fighting with us for almost 10 chapters. You've healed him countless times. This does not work.

sKpLW81.pngad72eJz.png

Shame?! Why, shame? You have 26 defense.

L9E9Glg.pngrdyY0Ri.png

Yes, exactly!

A3L0osW.png

Two of them, anyway. My respect for Percy is just barely an inch above my respect for Rutger and Clarine.

IWF385P.pngnl2V7ds.png

Sanguine apparently means "optimistic" instead of something related to blood. Still, I prefer my spanglish translation of Cecilia having become a bloodthirsty killing machine in the eyes of Dougy. Maybe it's because she left the king's side...

nqRI3pC.pnga4Gechg.png

Sadly, we'll never get to know it, because Cecilia's supports are capped. Shame, too, I really like this support for Cecilia. Although, I like all of Cecilia's supports, so... my point is that you really should read Cecilia's supports. It'll make you more intelligent.

jGWaIYP.pngdY8rveD.png

That's about it.

xRHxdea.pngy4lzhvm.pngyGBgkLZ.png

The archer falls. No physics for you this time around!

eBYsNFk.png

Ouch! Thank goodness that wasn't Niime, or Saul...

PgHVG81.pngV8iA8n0.pngK4Uiqc8.png

Another kill for Cecilia. It seems like every time I grow bored with a chapter I start giving kills to her.

78aMWDb.png

Well, that'll help if Lilina bites the dust.

agDOMGb.pngumBlV7e.png

I spent five minutes doing math in a very compulsive matter, until I was finally convinced that Lilina just barely survived this.

IZfwaIH.png6xckTGR.pngM5Xpjso.png

Igrene survives, too. We should be good.

TEjFabT.pngl7NutN7.pngwB957Z1.png74swcUU.png

Can you feel it, Peres? Those who murdered your boss will soon take you as well.

8dfu2Xk.png

We're closing in! I can see both teams at once now.

YapWUsj.png67c56Fs.png

My goodness, fenrir's gruesome.

bTGsJ39.png

Turning her head into a giant spark grants Cecilia a level up.

VIEOzhf.png

Nice. A little late, but it's still nice to see things like this.

do5ojSs.pngRie5mhF.png

When I don't want crits, I get crits; when I don't need crits, I get crits; and viceversa. Why is life so unfair?

IM4ENet.png

Are you ready for the second of these very well-crafted traps, everybody?

D949Gbw.png

Oh, my! That spear is wider than Igrene's head! I suppose it's time to wave her goodbye, there's no way she could've possibly survived such a mighty blow!

kNx4TWc.png

So, the spears. There are a few scattered across the throne room and the closest hallway to it (read, this one). They do 10 damage, but unlike the fire, that damage is lowered by the unit's defense. This means that it's rare to see a unit get hurt by them, and even then, it's little more than a paper cut.

Why every single trap must deal 10 damage, even when it's affected by the victim's defense stat, is beyond me. Was it so hard to up the damage to, I don't know, 20 or 30 so Guinivere doesn't come off as a hypochondriac fool?

ElNzxtB.png

Whoa, that's the best Warrior crit frame I've captured yet. He's firing an arrow this time!

U7dN1i9.png

Oki-dokie, home stretch now.

02Ur9Tj.png

Hah! I don't think I need to spell out for you just how effective that proved to be.

L0GqOTB.png

Although, let's be fair. These spears have accomplished more than any character in One Punch Man.

1vlWagt.png

They can harm the main character.

oK9gXDh.pnggRsDOQ6.png

Why is everyone in this map a lazy asshole? Or are they too scared of us because we murdered General Murdock himself?

...on second thought, it's all right, I can understand how you feel, enemies. Even if from my point of view he won that battle. My precious OP flier... my Mage with actual defense... aaagh...

E8e5ZW9.pngrDLtsli.png

Lilina takes marginal damage from the spears too, but that's to be expected, she's made of compressed air. As opposed to Niime, who is simply made of air.

1pC6ViR.pngX6InCAC.png

Heal up.

2G3ok9A.pngQJpVr5W.png87iHKcl.png

Imagine if the traps in Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark were like this. Indy would've literally lost in the first five minutes of the movie, when that other guy ran away with the idol.

Spoilers, I guess, but... really, that's one of the most infamous scenes of film history, and it's also one of the first of its movie. It's as if you got mad because I told you that Ben Kenobi's true identity is Obi Wan Kenobi. Please...

lilwQAc.png

In other news, this guy doesn't move still.

NWekRNa.pngbCf4rfl.png7eCJjA7.png

Let's bring the fight to him, then.

7hdDLJr.png

Don't ask me why, but I have a feeling that this man is going to move now that we've gone inside the Druid's range. Just a hunch.

jHjlNIN.png7lqngW6.png

Ah, Marcus... now that's annoying.

4keEGDg.pngdlMzQ2O.pngnGxSuRK.png

Scratch that, I forgot you're God for a second there. Find it in you to forgive me, great Jeigan!

zvJOgFD.pngwBTCpUn.png

I'm fine with that. You may attack either of those units, guy.

Bm6LJLH.png

Ah-ha! I knew it! You could not fool me with your underhanded tactics, FE6! Not this time!

SkwslEK.pngsAHVR5c.png

Marcus can't do much against these assholes. Not without the Durandal, anyway. But that is fine.

NZ9YV2U.png98WDCpg.pngE8PgwHG.png

Lilina needs the experience more.

KO0Sp1G.png

I... what?

0xHzls4.pngUtZdBTV.png

Only Peres and his one remaining personal bodyguard still stand.

3aT90rT.png

Let's correct that, shall we? But first, well-crafted traps. If you stand in the middle tile, the spears aren't even triggered. Who designed this place, the architect's cat? No, I'm pretty sure it would've made a better job...

Was it me?

eMZKr2O.pngrV45Sw7.png

In any case, Dougy level hype!

OqVGY8B.png

Yes! More defense! More defense for the defensemaster! Unfortunately, he cannot reach the cap, but that is irrelevant.

83NvL2N.pngAk3HyXD.png

Niime.png

h6ZWucZ.pngTPaSsdi.png

Peres attacks Dougy.

ADUtX0j.pngDsffFpd.png

Oof! Okay, Dougy isn't the best suited to face this relic.

eDmeqJM.pngXtjMIrH.png

Lot does a better job.

lJU6x1G.pngpMMW9ce.pngtrxt9M2.png

Eh, one, and he didn't get hit, himself. I'm okay with this.

NAsHJFz.png

Worth a shot. For once, it really was!

Ha5GyaH.png

Hmmmm... nah.

tprpk2E.pngmAY63kx.pngBfbDNWr.png

He hits only once again, but that isn't the important part.

uBR7WCc.png

This is. A bows, people.

No, seriously. I want to take a moment to appreciate the sheer awesomeness of this. Lot is close to getting two S ranks. One of them starting at E rank when he promoted, and being fucking bows of all weapons. And this is FE6, the game with the slowest WEXP gain ever. And he's still going to get two S ranks. All while being awesome in every single stat and having amazing support bonuses in the game with the most ridiculous support bonuses in the series.

This bastard is better than Matthis, Jesus fucking Christ! Where was he all my life?

MAfea7g.pngx6Y3TBV.pngbkJ2IVr.png

Nice. That'll even be a level up for him.

DK9Lkyy.png

Hah! Now he's even more invincible!

TcBpQcH.png

So, who to give the boss kill to. I could give it to Igrene, since she's close to leveling up, but I feel like there's somebody else... ah, what the heck, you know who's going to get the boss kill. The same one who gets every boss kill: the one and only...

LbIFHbb.pngKnmVM78.png2XohOse.png

Marcus!

7ITzULj.pngPmDEQxE.png

And so falls Peres, who should've been a semi-major boss but instead was just a recolour. Thanks, FE6.

sZ585Gn.png

Ahahah! Good! It's not epiphanic as the other ones he's gotten in the past, thus the lack of the Marcusgrin, but it's still pretty damn good by Jeigan standards, hence the Marcusmile.

QSEJHFm.png

That was fun. You know what, since this time I'm not rushing to earn the right to quit the game and have solitude to think my life choices over, I'll hold off the seizing for a few minutes and show off the last of the chapter's gimmicks instead.

jEhWyHx.png

This chapter's treasure chests are different from those in other chapters. Instead of each containing a different item, they all have one of two things.

YxmMYip.png

One of these posible rewards being a dragon. I'd be more scared if it wasn't for the fact that he can't move or attack until the enemy phase.

9wLlORt.png

It's not even a super strong dragon or anything like that. It's just a sack of EXP that really, I'm only bothering to kill so I can squeeze one last level up into this update.

aecxc6f.png

Lilina.png

B9ffQ0v.pnga6fC647.pngcaAfs7G.pngGAKwd0Y.png

I don't think I've ever shown the dragon's animation in detail. Let's do it now.

knJzC0B.pngtMJDkK3.pngZxkwNz4.pngcvSy5Hb.png

Lilina takes some fire breath to the face, but since this isn't real life, she doesn't turn bald that instant.

Then again, if this was real life, there wouldn't be a dragon at all, or Lilina's magic for that matter, or a key that opened every chest in the world, but let's not dwell.

JzpV7Am.pngoXixMOK.png

Ciao! You did nothing of note, and you will not be remembered by anyone. Unless, of course, you had a family inside that chest. In which case... eh, sorry, I can't summon the will to care.

2xGVbl2.png

Nice, very good. I like it. If you could get to 20 strength soon, it'd be aesthetically pleasing, but either way, you're great, Igrene.

2ho9uE7.png

The second of the possible things to find inside the chests is this, an elixir. Like I said, it's not worth bringing a Thief to this chapter. Still, I'll take this one, since it's close to the throne. Roy still has two uses of his chest key, so he'll be able to pilfer the chests in the eastern side of the next map, while I send Astolfo to the other side.

IFHQhoP.png

And some skewering later...

D56o1Tx.png

It's over. Man, for such a horribly botched up update, I behaved really positively by the end of it. I suppose it's the glee of having found an alternative way that doesn't take ages.

c8SJxOY.pngIgBXNLg.png4MmSRZO.pngqqLzkD6.png

It is also also known as "tome that comes way too late".

x7OiLKs.pngJJJRfcc.pngodBBQzJ.png

Of all people to give backstory to, FE7 settled for retconing everything about Arcadiaman, ruining Bartre's character, showing off Clarine's parents, Niime's son (one of the three things they did well that I can think of, alongside Zephiel and Karel), and Name. No, seriously.

AnjNf6D.pngDjfJs8D.png2v3A7XA.pnghVJ0CxV.png

This is literally all that is said about Bramimond. A name. He's a name. And they put him in FE7 instead of Yoder, Dougy, Juno and Jerrot, Dayan and Niime outside of namedrops, Brunja...

A name. At least they did put in Murdock to show that he's one of those hilarious people who don't ever get older.

675RrT7.pngtsXCeWF.pngue0R3ao.pngVUOyvs0.png

Oh, no, are we really going to talk about the traps? Those were the worst traps I've ever seen, stop acknowledging them!

cNmo9mp.png

Fucking unpromoted Elen could make it through these traps if she had a vulnerary!

TJzyxvd.png

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cease your rambling at once!

94jWhBg.pngbv0FtUV.pngVqiFQKI.pnggHtH5cx.png

Spoiler alert: this never comes up again.

kzDUU1l.png

I really don't understand why any of that was necessary. Wait, no, I do. It's because they ran out of ideas, but needed to put text before the obtaining of the tome. I can relate.

B1PzKcv.png

Anyway, the tome. It has 23 effective might against humans. It's a hilarious tome, to say the least. A shame Niime can't hope to face Zephiel without dying horribly.

G6cyRjy.pngrGUT7j2.png

But enough of that, it's time for the main event of the day.

Bid7Hxn.pngddNFPn2.pngGY7iAbv.pngFen5c4n.png

But first, filler text, courtesy of Merlinus.

zCbwhjI.pngp6FuxnD.pngZwB27Yx.png

Then the screen shines white and Roy leaves the scene for a second. Okay.

DUBR2rM.pngZKjzz8B.pngrA3EQQe.png9tZ6q18.png

Hoo, boy. They really went all out on the special effects with this one, didn't they?

A shame I've played Tear Ring Saga. This would've been so impressive if I wasn't still searching for my jaw after that game's finale.

BNllhmO.pngVI7J9G8.pngrTBqp0d.pngSsNRNJ2.png

Also, Hartmut's brain is still inside this thing, if you forgot.

Ehl8q4I.pngYPyTvfH.pngcIA64Ff.png

A girl, Roy. That much is certain.

claIMlv.png

Seriously, Roy? She's not that great. 'Sides, Cecilia will be mad. Although, maybe you'd like that...

Damnit I went there again, even after I said it's LP canon that that isn't a thing that can happen!

nO01mZT.pngyqpfhlk.png

And we're back to the real word, faced by a far worse-looking mug.

di3d0ad.pngB4c1rrA.pngC5K3EYa.png

No, you aren't, but the game says only you can wield it, and there's not much I can do about that.

wiQWmeg.pngD856JlC.png

Ah, yes, the plot sword cliché. Whatever would we do without you.

4HSFlPz.pngl1qPLFj.pngxGh2do0.pngeRfjdvp.png

Fate is dumb, that's what I conclude from this.

fnW4dg8.pngFt1Nv0x.png

Now you're speaking my language, Merlinus!

gf0WY3Q.png

Let'sa go, everybody! To put an end to the war!

...but not the game. Oh, well.

7mN7l4W.pngHUPSwz4.png

Anyway, this is the Binding blade. It's the only reason Roy is of any use in the lategame: this weapon is hilarious. It turns Roy from a chump to an actual asset.

nFNc1kz.png

Huh... hold on, what is happening?

usFIUwa.png

Oh my goodness, can it be? Is it really time?

fdGw924.png

Yes! It's beautiful! Watch well, everybody... feast your eyes on this wondrous sight: Roy is promoting at long last!

41XGMep.pngemfwVAC.png

Say goodbye to the old little Roy, and give a warm welcome to...

bzBEykv.pngj4VH8Oz.png

The new, the improved, the superior...! Roy is no longer what he once was! It's time to leave behind that tragic phase of his life and become...

ZpoY3WG.pngj7u1LjU.png

...what.

ZKbThvg.png

...blistering fucking barnacles, no! That's a sham! You've cheated me, game!

Sigh... where to begin. Roy's promotion arrives so late into the game that it's easy not to notice all its other crippling problems in the sheer amazement of the discovery that, yes, he does promote after all. But believe me, once the illusion wears off, it starts getting bad real quickly.

Roy promotes to the exact same thing he was before promoting. You know how most units get something out of promoting? Be it a new weapon type, a special ability, a crit bonus, a horse, or even just stat bonuses to mend their weakenesses. No such luck for Boi here. Roy effectively doesn't change after promoting. He's still swordlocked, he's still footlocked, he still sucks ass statistically - and not just because there's one/three chapters left in the game and he's just now turning level 21 (seriously, look at that. Those are some of the worst promotional gains in this game, and they still would be even if Roy promoted in chapter 2) - and he's still no more than the king piece on the board, the walking seize command. Literally the only thing of note he gets here is the Binding Blade, and he didn't even need to promote to use it: as you may've noticed in chapter 19B, Roy could've used it as a regular Lord if he didn't promote at the same time as he first put his hands on it.

He could go for the entire game without promoting and it wouldn't make a difference. That's the main character of FE6, folks.

At least Marth was a discount Thief. At least Leif had the growth scrolls. At least Eliwood could promoted rather soon in Hector's mode and had a pretty badass promotion to boot. At least Eirika had a lot of speed and wasn't required if one went with Ephraim. And Runan is to Roy what Luigi is to Mario: a superior version of him (I'm not biased shut up).

I've seen people trying to defend Roy, saying that at least Leif is worse than him. While character-wise I don't believe he's the worst, from a pure gameplay viewpoint, I firmly believe that Roy is, without a semblance of doubt, the worst Lord in all of FE, and that's counting Tear Ring. He's completely and utterly useless, and his one saving grace, the Binding Blade, comes really late and still fails to make him catch up to the rest of the army (15 defense on top of 38 HP and 15 speed isn't good, it's merely decent at best).

FE6. I've got to hand it to you: you're hilarious.

Next time, we kill Zephiel. Hopefully, without any casualties of note. Fare well until then.

fc90ptj.png

RMPAocG.png

YOQ3Bqq.png5J3B2TG.pngc9e0ZvX.png

xhl5v2H.png

DcN0LA9.png

nGNyOM2.png7BEs8NP.pngOPZUDJ1.png

w9uENBy.png

aeTvSiB.pnguwG1cz5.png

iQAgt2p.png

h1ISuc2.png

qJsqPsT.pngqC9o8YI.png

nDiJX10.png

verO6rI.png

5xyUJ7v.png3M6GJ3Q.png

6XBubmu.png

Ad6GCsW.pngrsVaBVb.png

rQezCB3.png

XFS8iOz.png

QfvcXLW.png9XF42yz.png

PzvSFOJ.png

dCpfhTT.pnglCt8uBE.png

O3TQSgX.pngcFMA6hk.png

6r9t2ty.png

m1eKbz2.png

wSFodYj.png

NOjLLlW.png

g7V8CRr.png

sgHXnvy.png

aKjxJfz.pngG7ynXX8.png

RsO7pTe.pngbLs7LQv.png

v3eLrd4.pngSLxIkTC.png

EyEIHHI.png

E3ZMckG.png3CVFHQP.png

39NOYMl.png

6obeLQA.png

Qfh9Dox.png

foFiGwc.png

CgKTGAj.pngPa9ecRo.png

H1PsJtG.png

kN21khM.pngOoyG1XH.pngez0EAnz.pnglQgrfW1.png

yrXmM77.png

dW9HqDN.pngS5XK9zz.png

wZthe9b.png

Ymn16WR.png

ZkBo8vZ.png

peUtDxP.png

lG4dw2r.pngVqlLH2f.png

NgKQrTK.pngNgKQrTK.png

fi8OBxB.png

LqWQphZ.pngQl6XknA.pngBu0UYmQ.png

rhsRwE2.pngFtZukRw.png

c2449te.pngV6EpmRU.png

yWVlHqR.png

MltLJLa.png

qTgMufe.pngvlKurQr.png

VzoPto2.pngCh4Ilbw.png

XTKv0qq.png

ET8ntPX.png

Q5h66Bh.pngAt5roPU.png

uLz0qLP.png

QIxZTSx.png

IhdAYLF.png

To be continued.

Death count: Bors
                        Wolt
                        Deke
                        Lugh

Rutger
                        Noah
                        Clarine
                        Lance
                        Jerrot

Fir
                        Wendy
                        Og
ier
                        Treck
                        Barth

Bartre

Elen
                        Echidna
                        Cath
                        Sophia

Raigh

Zeiss

Ta
te
                        Lalum
                        Igrene
                        Astolfo
                        Lilina
                        Cecilia
                        Interest

Dorothy
                        Perceval
                        Everybody

Hugh

Yoder
                        Juno

*Discharged

*Only dead in Ilia

*Only dead in route B

*Only dead in route A

*Only dead in Sacae

*???

Reset count (Roy's death): 8

Dishonorable reset count (other reasons): 2

Merlinus death count: 14

First, no problem~!  We mods usually act like janitors, doing our best to keep the place clean~! :P:

Hmm. . .maybe story sections in their own post, and masochism LP updates in another?

14 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

This statement is wrong in so many levels, it's highly laughable. I'm sorry, but... no. Just, no.

Hmm, now that I think about it, there is one more chapter with lotsa Wyvern Riders. Sorry, my mistake. But that was defineately the chapter for her to shine. (but at least I had a good smile from the rest of the reaction)

15 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

f2fTNis.pngRj8JzQd.pngeKJEoLR.png

Inconceivable! Roy managed to do something!

Dp6KBI0.png

A shame he couldn't get the kill, but eh, he's capped. Sadly, he's still capped.

I think it's better this way. I don't want my Lv20 characters to take the kills if possible, the exp is just too good from kills.

LeT2VBm.png

Eh. Not the best note to end your leveling career on, but it's all right. You're a solid mage, as you've always been since I finally got you your first light magic tome. Most importantly, though, you're the living proof that Bishops in this game can be viable after all. That's a win for Ruben. I'll write it down on the list, alongside completing chapter Douglas perfectly and without a single casualty. I... haven't had that many victories.

That's some nice Skill and speed right there, also his health is not too shabby. Reminds me when I thought Ellen was bad, and she became a top unit in my playthrough. She finished just behind Dorothy, so 2nd place is not too shabby.

78aMWDb.png

Well, that'll help if Lilina bites the dust.

Oh come on! You can't seriously wish for that now that there's a new challenger for best mage appeared. And when she carries the Forblaze. Also looking at her level ups, I would pray for more speed instead of more defense, her defense is already doomed.

At least it's a good luck sign that nobody died this chapter. I'm still wondering how you'll pull off the next chapter. I'm not worried about getting to the throne room, but I do wonder how you conquer the throne without casualties.

ZKbThvg.png

Roy could really use a training ground right now, unfortunately there's no good chapter left for him to get lots of level ups. His skill and luck is nice, but the rest in not worthy.

On 26.6.2018 at 6:44 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Ah, so if Lot dies nobody cares, eh? Why does everyone like to introduce themselves to the thread by demanding Lot's head off his shoulders?! What's your damned problem!?! Have I not been through a long enough agony?!?!?!?

Well, Lot and Wade are your lifesavers, for sure, bur Marcus is one of my alltime Fire Emblem favourites. That's hard to compete against. You can't beat the Marcus.

On 26/6/2018 at 1:44 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

y650LlL.pngAKboCNU.png

No.

NO.

NO!

NOOOOOOOOOO!

0NHkrp6.png

...I feel cheated.

ZyMLR0k.png Wait, I haven't opened the spoiler yet, but the sidebar says there's a lot of stuff to get through before the bottom of the page...

GlhBh58.jpg?1 No... it can't be! Not now, not this update of all updates! No...

You're so mad that the background went back to FE12?

I mean, the mistake made itself obvious a minute after that, so...

You misunderstood. I was tempted to say something along the lines of "Fire emblem" or "This LP", "I", etc.

You should be thanking me for showing you the harsh reality of war.

Thank you.

And, technically, south Americans pronounce it "Peres", even though the correct spelling when writing is still "Perez")

So what is it pronounced in Spain? Pereth? Peresh? I always thought it was written Perez and pronounced Peres.

Forget that the heretic is actually you!

heretic
ˈhɛrɪtɪk/noun
 a person believing in or practising religious heresy.

He's not a heretic. He's just a asshole.

Scd2oTN.pngJG0z8A0.pngNw736ta.png

Here's the first of the chapter's Druids. He's an asshole and could defend the throne just fine if he was allowed to sit on it.

27 Mag + Nosferatu. Holy bongoes on a pogo stick, why isn't this guy Murderock's best general instead? Hell, I think he could even kill Murdock given the chance.

h233OX5.png0Qgq2UA.png

Hah! Just like so, Saul, just like so! I didn't even have to go back to capture that crit frame!

You know what? I'm going to believe it. Nice catch!

RT9SZgt.png

Generic Bern Druid is still best druid.

showing off Clarine's parents, Niime's son (one of the three things they did well that I can think of, alongside Zephiel and Karel),

Hey, what is your problem with Pent?

fc90ptj.png

Alright, now you've really outdone yourself. Sofisti-fucking-cado? He's a warrior!

Three things: 1: it appears your post didn't fully stick in the spoiler. Yikes. Which you then fixed while I didn't click post.

2: This response might be a bit later than anticipated, decided I had to do some edits for once and there's a lot going on round here (especially if memes do die with Article 13).

3: HOW THE FUCK DOES SPAIN HANDLE 30+ DEGREES IT'S TOO FUCKING WARM TO FUNCTION.

On 6/26/2018 at 3:30 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

weuEIip.pnga93hH98.png6XeYZ5d.png

It's quite clear where she's going.

Kicking some ass is quite clearly her intent Sid, what is wrong with you?

zmykkR8.png6CKGwlK.pngXbkgkbS.png

GOOD MAN THE ALBERTUS!

is this my (continued) punishment for sacrificing Clarine?

Probably more for the Sacae glitchathon.

Why not put both in alongside, I don't know, Orlo? Then we'd have all the best villains in FE6.

Because Orlo is too minor.

So, should I crank out some Orlo = Frollo memes?

Karla? Karla!? Are they serious?

YEP.

Karla of all people is really good. I mean, Ayra is sort of better but Karla has Wrath by default.

Hmph... who is it, then? Please tell me so that I may respond in two weeks or a month or something like that.

Bit spoilery but considering Heroes dived into the spoilers pool long ago (Spoiling Conquest by the way):

Spoiler

Takumi in Conquest ends up being a shell of himself screaming loudly about betrayal at Corrin. The guy screeching about betrayal trying to kill everyone fits perfectly.

Considering the events of Conquest I'd understand, if it wasn't for him being possessed by the worst villain in the series.

Hwahahahah... I can just imagine the exchange.

"Hey, devil! Here is my soul! Give me the power to score all the women I so desire!"

"No, sorry, I... your sort is not welcome here, y'see?"

"What do you mean, my sort?"

"...you're too bad for hell, there, I said it. Go pester God now."

"..."

"I mean, I'll take it but it's worth jack shit. You ain't getting anything for a soul this shit."

Also known as chapter 7 times 3.

...wait, no, it's 20. Damn, I always think of this one as 21 for whatever reason.

..... Because it is 21?

...okay, I get it. Pfhahahah...

I seem to have cut myself short there. Pfft.

I was going on about the option of having the flying utility in case Tate and Shanna died beforehand or you hadn't been using them. She's a filler unit, but not a combat one imo.

Turn skips? Who cares about turn skips!? I don't! All I want is to get to the end with at least two living units, not counting Roy. Fuck turn skips. We'll take a thousand turns if needed be, but I want to make it to the end.

I was saying that they could skip the first fecking corridors on either side.

This map's design is uninspiring. Why do the last three gaiden maps have mirrored layouts that leave too much dead space?

Oh, and here is Peres, a man who should've been introduced with Murdock, should've appeared in every one of Murdock's scenes, shouldn't be named after a mispelled spanish surname (although it seems in Portuguese it really is Peres? And, technically, south Americans pronounce it "Peres", even though the correct spelling when writing is still "Perez") and most definitely shouldn't be a recolour of the mummified carcass we fought in chapter 14x. I mean, sure, I can take the game's word for him being one of Murdock's best commanders, but if we actually saw him being one of Murdock's best commanders, it would've been far better. Also if he wasn't, y'know, 80 years old.

Even so, with all these problems, I still find him to be a slightly better boss than Yahn.

>I still find him to be a slightly better boss than Yahn

>Slightly better than Yahn

>Autistic screeching intensifies

Aside from that, why wouldn't he show up in Turn 30 as well?

JatDESv.pngrXj5r61.png2QErb3Q.png

Question for you, friend, why don't you use the Apocalypse against us? Worst case scenario it breaks and you die, but then, you've won. And even if you don't have S rank despite being a high-ass level Druid, another question for you: why don't you destroy it? It's not as if you're using it for anything, it's been just sitting here all war long. My point is that you're bad at the things you've been ordered to do.

Maybe he wanted to keep it for Bern and didn't want to break or use it in case it did break?

Binding Blade managed to somehow be even, even, EVEN crappier than I thought it'd be.

I am... mega dumbstruck.

And there you were whinging about BS's story.

Your chronic paranoia would be in this case more relevant than... whatever this nonsense is supposed to be!

Well, considering there are traps here, it would.

They're crap traps, but still.

KZn9S6K.png

This is why I gave Lot the swordreaver. Finally, he has a good chance to hit these pesky Mercenaries! Hah hah hah... how's it feel, you--

qUTEnPH.pngY9Sprrv.png

Augh... why...

Clearly this merc has the high ground.

Highground1.gif.49983ffb0062898973e4daa4e861127a.gif

"It's over Lotakin I have the high ground!"

"You underestimate my power what I can do. Uwo!"

Highground2.gif.74a1cb72c121013677a44ec162988058.gif

"Well that's a fine swing there, good form-"

Highground3.gif.054469e03abc1816d0cab248ffc993e7.gif

"-and nearly got me there too! Good show!"

As a side note, entering Serenesforest to count exactly how many chapters we've played through already (counting the gaidens) revealed to me that Murdock's chapter is, in fact, chapter 21, also known as chapter 7 times 3, so the joke I said didn't work earlier while responding to Dayni did work, except I'm dumb and have no memory. I also have no eyes to read the chapter's title screen that said "21x" in perfectly big, readable numbers. Sigh... I impress myself sometimes. I'm not even going to go back and fix it, I think this stupidity deserves to be seen. I mean, if I had any interest in preserving my dignity, I wouldn't have shown you the time I forgot to move Lilina and she was very disappointed at me.

I am surprised you didn't try to crack a joke about mistaking the two numbers.

G0eUGMY.png

Jesus fucking Christ, this man is amazing. Remember when he went for, what, five levels getting HP and he still was my best man? Hahahahah... Lot, keep on being awesome.

Lot isn't level 20 and is getting levels like these.

Lot was always the best warrior in BB, never had a doubt.

6fYnq5p.png

In other, more important news, Wade refuses to be left behind by his friend and reaches 20 defense, securing his place as the third tankiest member of the team. I'm so proud of him. Even if he's a tad worse than Lot, the fact that he's such a solid unit, speed aside, ensures he can do far more than just being a supportbot. Never thought Wade could be this good.

Wade amazingly enough hasn't been slacking off much either.

Is there any way he could get speedwings?

As an aside, I feel like I should deliver on PSA Wade, so here, a dumb idea made dumber:

Spoiler

PSAW1.png.4f8d463a8ee59a3656c74b389331cc25.png

"So as you can see, it is important how you stand when you fire an arrow. So keep calm, draw and aim."

PSAW2.png.1bbf76d377e7b2c952afbd7a30cd010e.png

"And that is how we correctly fire arrows. Come back next time when we'll-"

PSAW3.png.489ae477a8b431c9364f9cc2ad143248.png

"Clearly when we'll be learning about fire safety and prevention. Until then."

bTGsJ39.png

Turning her head into a giant spark grants Cecilia a level up.

Man, if only she could do that when she attacks.

cecilia.gif.a75ebd9b42c7dbb65b6fa1b7874f117c.gif"This is the end for you Narcian! You've caused enough suffering as is and now you'll-"

narshen.gif.bf84d2093c732a5be66ed0afde8741a5.gif"You think you can stop me? I know what you'll be. You'll be dead! Your friends and family will be dead! I'll scrape your dead corpse off my-"

Murdereye.png.b85227acccf68d3b944ae3780cc08480.png"You're already dead."

narshen.gif.bf84d2093c732a5be66ed0afde8741a5.gif "What? You think that'll-"

ded.gif.1ae46cae3fc6309f8ef9420dd6f406b2.gif "Urgh!"

ElNzxtB.png

Whoa, that's the best Warrior crit frame I've captured yet. He's firing an arrow this time!

HE HAS THE POWER!

cG6f96g.png

Although, let's be fair. These spears have accomplished more than any character in One Punch Man.

1vlWagt.png

They can harm the main character.

Wait doesn't the final villain of the first season hurt Saitama?

No, seriously. I want to take a moment to appreciate the sheer awesomeness of this. Lot is close to getting two S ranks. One of them starting at E rank when he promoted, and being fucking bows of all weapons. And this is FE6, the game with the slowest WEXP gain ever. And he's still going to get two S ranks. All while being awesome in every single stat and having amazing support bonuses in the game with the most ridiculous support bonuses in the series.

Well, I disagree, Thracia has worse weapon rank growth and levelling. Holy fuck Kaga.

ZKbThvg.png

It's not Leif's promotion in Thracia. Roy's nowhere near that shafted.

The one thing he gets over Leif in gameplay imo.

I've seen people trying to defend Roy, saying that at least Leif is worse than him. While character-wise I don't believe he's the worst, from a pure gameplay viewpoint, I firmly believe that Roy is, without a semblance of doubt, the worst Lord in all of FE, and that's counting Tear Ring.

Who's shittalking Leif?

He can carry the king's sword and gain movement, two things Roy can't really do.

dCpfhTT.pnglCt8uBE.png

If this weren't Matthis, this would be a concerning sentence.

EyEIHHI.pngE3ZMckG.png3CVFHQP.png

Was that comment about old Merric for trolling me?

Honestly, I would have loved if it turned out to be Elerean.

Anyways, Zephiel next. Are you ready for the king who didn't get round to akimbo-wielding X-axis and the Seal Sword?

On 6/26/2018 at 12:44 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

You, sir, have done a great service to this LP. Even though the uses code is rather unnecessary, as I would never use the staff after hacking it in (just like Zeiss, it would be considered lost for all intents and purposes), this might very well save the LP in due time. And even if it isn't necessary in the end, hey, the intention is what counts. Thank you a lot, my friend!

No problem, glad I could help! Before I knew what Nightmare was I'd used codebreaker stuff for a little while to do things like change classes or characters around. Regarding the uses, that was more because I was a little worried on just how exactly the game might treat a 0 uses item or if that might make it not count for some reason.

On 6/26/2018 at 12:44 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Whatever it ends up being, count me in as a reader.

Hooray! Again, still debating if I want to, and if I do then which exact game. Knowing I'd have at least one reader helps though!

Also unsure if I'd wanna try to do any level of custom story/writing stuff for it, though probably wouldn't do to the extent you have here, at least at first. Outta curiosity, what exactly do you use for doing the custom dialogue in game style? Just photo-shopping with backgrounds, portraits and text boxes or something else?

Glad it looks like Juno and Yoder will survive, especially for Jerrot's sake. Hoping 22 isn't gonna be too bad here coming up.

Would start with photo-quotes, but my joke about the stationary units merely fearing those who killed Murdock was used in the LP before I could make it, so it'd be redundant.

On a side note, I'm not only not calling for Lot's head, but going to point out that I used him the first (and until I get some time again, only) time I played Binding Blade through. I thought he was pretty good, but I have a slight bias towards axe-users, so I assumed it was that. Regardless, he was already one of my favorites of the Binding Blade cast before this run, and because I never saw his special conversations in the Western Isles or his Wade support in that original playthrough, I can say he's only been cemented in place by this LP.

I'll also note my comparison to Mother 3 was meant to be more of a compliment towards the way this LP achieves both frivolity and melancholy within the course of an update. Kind of like Mother 3 had both it's absurd humour and it's tear-jerker moments throughout the game.

Finally, in defense of using Rutger or Navarre style characters. In normal gameplay, where resetting is an option, the only reason I can think of to use them is if they're effective. But in an ironman run, using characters of a psychotic nature such as Navarre becomes something I consider an asset because it'd hurt far less for my errors to cost the life of such a man than someone who deserved to live. Indeed, my ideal iron-man team would be composed entirely of those like Navarre who could as easily have been a villain, or those like Arran who deserve a better death than that of a sick bed.

8oTfG7Y.png

PsW4uoX.png

4pfxEl7.png

LOOiLZT.pngLYDZs32.pngJbj3sxg.pngdVqJbap.png

THlfmkD.png

QJt1iaY.png

bngVMQh.png0owGmku.png

8A98EIt.png93udNEb.png

bmeYWS3.png

yQ1BAh5.png

79v96ZE.pngiEIj1nl.png

670Whot.png

3G8AiAB.pnglYqUdEq.pnguhSPGbs.png

oES0dyl.png41A7ypX.pngHnLfWKo.png0ZdvI0s.png

2i8o7OJ.pngpDSnPek.png

3mNuz9A.png2mQCeJ1.pngOlHnIN9.png

OPycWM2.png1wtcVTE.png

nhJOdsj.pnge0pnBTh.png

LmUTCwd.pngllIuQRo.pngmT7FQiQ.pngiWUdTXH.png

CC8GKWd.pngH8Y2bmk.png

HVorGGJ.pngAXAuQp3.png

ma6I9HH.png

omlQYcv.png

99R3cfV.png

rl7VSpG.png

AW3Wfvj.pngrJL2XhX.png

OPZfLaM.pngd8bcJSx.png

u57u7vi.png

FNGo7GC.png

eSuYaoG.pngUhGqKO5.png

KfByLzp.png

EUriZgE.png

7ts8nxH.pngiNBFU6E.png

rMGCXO2.png

8NqgXfQ.png

7cP7H3t.png

vT5n2Of.png

OQbHRvY.pngOePATGC.png

7NsLfR0.pngliTzz3j.png

FVRcMWr.pngycMmOjk.png

6LinjKY.png

Ys6BRHd.png

tCzRgII.png

HjsFKAX.png

Z4J9rAF.pngXYDZOm4.png

vYhrsTA.png41pVW8g.png

EWQCJ9j.pngotw2uyX.png

Sb8J2pl.pngRhjjzRE.png

tETyhD8.png

cj31SdH.png

Jk6iAzG.pngbTrfKdX.png

ezUC276.pngYxzXQ43.png

sNBhoLy.png

Cx6CT5t.png

SetuxSj.png

h6Dkq2n.png

S88Ucbw.pnglpvKzz1.png

svTNzYZ.pngWRttRMT.png

Emg8E3K.pngM7LZp04.png

BTzPP6v.png

dz5946n.png6OZpLQs.png

dP8neQ2.png

pzfmUXN.pngGLuJi5l.png

GRhssg6.png85Y0F7W.png

KLBzBM9.png

xohwisT.png

VZ0dDmU.png

UOnGX2q.png

52tvGOV.png

JmVQtLh.png

fwgiBAP.png

Part 49 - Lucky streak.

At last, I gave in, and bought a Nintendo Switch, which may or may not have influenced the long time it took for this update to come. Sorry.

I got Super Mario Odyssey, I suppose that's mandatory, but the main prize I was after is... the fucking crossover with the rabbids, because a strategy game where Luigi exists, is recruited early and is great sounds like everything I've ever wanted. Damn, is it fun. Luigi kicks so much ass, it's unbelievable. Even though I definitely would like it if I had more freedom to swap characters around, I can understand the reasons behind the restrictions, to a certain extent.

Any other recommendations are welcomed, so long as they're not on PC. Games that are available on PC I usually prefer to get on PC. If I bought the Switch, it was for the exclusives, so if you're going to recommend anything to me, please make it something I can't get on the better platform. Yes, I know I'm going to get hate for this. I stopped caring about hate around the time I willingly sacrificed two fan-favourites.

On 26/6/2018 at 8:30 PM, eclipse said:

First, no problem~!  We mods usually act like janitors, doing our best to keep the place clean~! :P:

Hmm. . .maybe story sections in their own post, and masochism LP updates in another?

That sounds like a good idea, yes. It's a wee bit late to change the format so drastically now, but I'll keep it in mind ifwhen I make another LP.

On 27/6/2018 at 10:00 AM, Garlyle said:

Hmm, now that I think about it, there is one more chapter with lotsa Wyvern Riders. Sorry, my mistake. But that was defineately the chapter for her to shine.

Why are you assuming Snipers are only good for taking down fliers? She's still a powerhouse (even if she's not as ridiculous as Dorothy was) who can take on anyone just fine.

(but at least I had a good smile from the rest of the reaction)

I would wager that.

I think it's better this way. I don't want my Lv20 characters to take the kills if possible, the exp is just too good from kills.

Eh, at this point, it's not that important, although I, too, prefer giving as many kills as possible to guys who can still grow. Watching the numbers go up is always a fun endeavour.

That's some nice Skill and speed right there, also his health is not too shabby. Reminds me when I thought Ellen was bad, and she became a top unit in my playthrough. She finished just behind Dorothy, so 2nd place is not too shabby.

Except Saul has always been considered to be the best healer besides Clarine (and only because Clarine has a horse). Believe me, Saul being good is not the strangest thing to happen in this LP.

Oh come on! You can't seriously wish for that now that there's a new challenger for best mage appeared. And when she carries the Forblaze. Also looking at her level ups, I would pray for more speed instead of more defense, her defense is already doomed.

I'm not wishing for her death, I'm merely preparing myself for the inevitability of it. Now watch as she survives the whole game just to prove me wrong.

At least it's a good luck sign that nobody died this chapter.

If someone died in a chapter as easy as that one, I would've shot myself in the eye, so... yes, let's thank the stars.

I'm still wondering how you'll pull off the next chapter. I'm not worried about getting to the throne room, but I do wonder how you conquer the throne without casualties.

Yes, the throne can prove to be quite difficult. Too much crap to deal with in one single turn.

Roy could really use a training ground right now, unfortunately there's no good chapter left for him to get lots of level ups. His skill and luck is nice, but the rest in not worthy.

Remember in the last LP (I don't think you were around back then, but still, try to remember) when I had to grind Marth up in the base arena for the final chapter? Yeah... no such luck for our Boi here.

On 27/6/2018 at 10:39 PM, Sweet Summer Tana said:

Well, Lot and Wade are your lifesavers, for sure, bur Marcus is one of my alltime Fire Emblem favourites. That's hard to compete against. You can't beat the Marcus.

I suppose you must be enjoying this LP, then. It's like a love letter to Marcus thus far.

On 29/6/2018 at 4:20 AM, Franp3 said:

No.

NO.

NO!

NOOOOOOOOOO!

...I feel cheated.

Why, were you expecting me to kill off more people? I've had enough death as it is.

You're so mad that the background went back to FE12?

No, I was so mad I reused old sprites.

You misunderstood. I was tempted to say something along the lines of "Fire emblem" or "This LP", "I", etc.

Why didn't you, then? It would've prevented this discussion from spanning over two updates.

Thank you.

You are very welcome indeed.

So what is it pronounced in Spain? Pereth? Peresh? I always thought it was written Perez and pronounced Peres.

Pereth, actually. You see, in Spanish Spanish, "z" and "s" are pronounced differently ("s" are the same, but "z" use the "th" sound. When... it's placed at the end of a word, that is, like in Pereth... english is weird. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say) unlike in South American Spanish, where as far as I know they're pronounced the same.

This has been a linguamatic lesson from yours truly, Professor Ruben. No, I have no idea if "linguamatic" is an actual word, shut up.

heretic
ˈhɛrɪtɪk/noun
 a person believing in or practising religious heresy.

He's not a heretic. He's just a asshole.

A heretical asshole, mayhaps?

Also, I like how your entire reply moved forward after you copy-pasted the definition of "heretic". It's as if the devil decided to mess with you for reasons. Or as if you were bad at formatting.

27 Mag + Nosferatu. Holy bongoes on a pogo stick, why isn't this guy Murderock's best general instead? Hell, I think he could even kill Murdock given the chance.

Actually, I would doubt it.

You know what? I'm going to believe it. Nice catch!

You believed wrong. Hah! I win!

Generic Bern Druid is still best druid.

I mean, he has similar stats (leaving defense aside) while having over 10 less levels. He could easily surpass Peres if he was given the chance.

Hey, what is your problem with Pent?

Nothing, nothing. Perhaps I should've worded it better, but I do feel like he and his wife were good in FE7. Unlike Bartre.

Alright, now you've really outdone yourself. Sofisti-fucking-cado? He's a warrior!

Hahahahah... initially, I had the idea of just giving him a literally random word for a name, but then inspiration struck me, and...

On 29/6/2018 at 12:09 PM, Goddess Serra said:

Sorry if I haven't been commenting much lately due to life, but… can anybody fill me in on what's been happening recently in the LP? Mostly on the fanfiction-y side of things.

I can't remember how long you've been gone, so... Wrys is alive, Lugh and his possessor are dead. Gale attacked the benchies and captured Margaret and Sid while Wrys bailed everyone else out. At the same time, Yoder and Juno, among others, fell in battle. They were saved and captured by Bern, and presented to Gale after Murdock's demise. However, Minerva flew to Gale's and, upon being confronted by her and his hostages about Zephiel's true intentions, Gale had a change of heart and betrayed Bern.

Matthis and co. have just kept on being badasses, joined by Rormand, whose true identity as Roartz's twin brother was discovered by them. They saved Gale and friends in the last update.

On 29/6/2018 at 4:35 PM, Dayni said:

Three things: 1: it appears your post didn't fully stick in the spoiler. Yikes. Which you then fixed while I didn't click post.

Only me.

2: This response might be a bit later than anticipated, decided I had to do some edits for once and there's a lot going on round here (especially if memes do die with Article 13).

Ah, right, that thing. Personally, I feel it's an overall strange situation. If they truly were going to kill off the internet, I wager there would be a far more intense uproar. Yet, it seems nobody is giving a flying fuck about it. Even people like big-name youtubers that would be hit hard by the article have made no comments on the matter. I'm not sure what to make of the situation, to be frank. Besides, there isn't really anything we can really do. It's all up to those twenty-something guys at Brussels, because the EU is good, amirite? Still, I like to believe we humans aren't idiotic enough to butcher the greatest invention of our time.

Just in case, though, let's "celebrate" the end of the internet with one more update of the LP that'll never be finished if the internet does go down.

3: HOW THE FUCK DOES SPAIN HANDLE 30+ DEGREES IT'S TOO FUCKING WARM TO FUNCTION.

I hear in America 60 is the norm. I don't believe it either.

Besides, I don't live in stereotypical Spain (that is, the south), but in the north. Some days ago, it was far too hot. Less days ago, it was raining like God finally had enough of us. Today, it's lukewarm. I don't understand this place.

It's quite clear where she's going.

Kicking some ass is quite clearly her intent Sid, what is wrong with you?

I'm picking up way too many bad habits from the actual story. Watch, soon, I'll be making Matthis repeat everything Albertus says.

GOOD MAN THE ALBERTUS!

He, indeed!

Probably more for the Sacae glitchathon.

Or losing two thirds of the cast. That's never a good thing to do.

Because Orlo is too minor.

But he's great. Quality over quantity, right?

So, should I crank out some Orlo = Frollo memes?

Please do. They're my favourite evil priests, after all. I could imagine Frollo being quite similar to Orlo when he was younger.

YEP.

Karla of all people is really good. I mean, Ayra is sort of better but Karla has Wrath by default.

Eh. I mean, I don't dislike Karla, leaving aside everything gameplay-related, I find her to be a decent character (certainly better than FE7!Bartre who recruits her. Fuck FE7!Bartre. I know I sometimes claim my hatred for FE7 is exaggerated, and it is, but this is not. FE7!Bartre is an insult to FE6!Bartre)

Bit spoilery but considering Heroes dived into the spoilers pool long ago (Spoiling Conquest by the way):

Reveal hidden contents

Takumi in Conquest ends up being a shell of himself screaming loudly about betrayal at Corrin. The guy screeching about betrayal trying to kill everyone fits perfectly.

Considering the events of Conquest I'd understand, if it wasn't for him being possessed by the worst villain in the series.

Ah, I already knew that, don't worry.

"I mean, I'll take it but it's worth jack shit. You ain't getting anything for a soul this shit."

And that day, Saul lost the last of his morality.

..... Because it is 21?

Eeeeyup.

I seem to have cut myself short there. Pfft.

I was going on about the option of having the flying utility in case Tate and Shanna died beforehand or you hadn't been using them. She's a filler unit, but not a combat one imo.

I still fail to see how flying is so great, but okay, that's just because I'm a casual and an imbecile.

I was saying that they could skip the first fecking corridors on either side.

This map's design is uninspiring. Why do the last three gaiden maps have mirrored layouts that leave too much dead space?

16x is cool and can actually be challenging, and 20x's Sacae version is also quite great, except I never showed it off because fuck Sacae. Then there's this.

I think they just remembered they wanted to have one more legendary weapon and went "ah, fuck this, copypaste 16x, give it a less impressive colour palette, remove the gimmick and put fog. Quick, we're releasing tomorrow!".

>I still find him to be a slightly better boss than Yahn

>Slightly better than Yahn

>Autistic screeching intensifies

Hwahahahah... poor you.

Aside from that, why wouldn't he show up in Turn 30 as well?

Yahn? It is actually explained why he doesn't leave the final battle stage, but the true explanation, I humbly believe, is that Yahn was a last-minute addition and they had to come up with something to excuse why he only appears in one chapter despite being responsible for everything.

But you are right, perhaps saying Peres is better is going slightly too far.

Maybe he wanted to keep it for Bern and didn't want to break or use it in case it did break?

That is bullshit.

And there you were whinging about BS's story.

Whining*.

And besides, they both have their fair share of crap. Two wrongs don't make a right, I'm afraid.

Well, considering there are traps here, it would.

They're crap traps, but still.

Merlinus, too, is crap, so his ramblings would be even more fitting.

Clearly this merc has the high ground.

Highground1.gif.49983ffb0062898973e4daa4e861127a.gif

"It's over Lotakin I have the high ground!"

"You underestimate my power what I can do. Uwo!"

Highground2.gif.74a1cb72c121013677a44ec162988058.gif

"Well that's a fine swing there, good form-"

Highground3.gif.054469e03abc1816d0cab248ffc993e7.gif

"-and nearly got me there too! Good show!"

Then he missed too and it was highly anticlimatic.

I am surprised you didn't try to crack a joke about mistaking the two numbers.

What, you mean explaining why I am dumb and then calling myself dumb isn't a good joke? For shame, Dayni, I'd thought you knew how I roll after so many updates.

Lot isn't level 20 and is getting levels like these.

Lot was always the best warrior in BB, never had a doubt.

Objectively, he is. Bartre doesn't exist and Wade's speed is problematic. Of course, normally Perceval, and to a lesser extent the Heroes, kick all the Warriors out of the park, but as you should be familiar with by now, I am not that fond of Perceval.

Wade amazingly enough hasn't been slacking off much either.

Is there any way he could get speedwings?

'Fraid not, but it's not necessary. He's good enough as is.

As an aside, I feel like I should deliver on PSA Wade, so here, a dumb idea made dumber:

Reveal hidden contents

PSAW1.png.4f8d463a8ee59a3656c74b389331cc25.png

"So as you can see, it is important how you stand when you fire an arrow. So keep calm, draw and aim."

PSAW2.png.1bbf76d377e7b2c952afbd7a30cd010e.png

"And that is how we correctly fire arrows. Come back next time when we'll-"

PSAW3.png.489ae477a8b431c9364f9cc2ad143248.png

"Clearly when we'll be learning about fire safety and prevention. Until then."

Pffft.

Man, if only she could do that when she attacks.

cecilia.gif.a75ebd9b42c7dbb65b6fa1b7874f117c.gif"This is the end for you Narcian! You've caused enough suffering as is and now you'll-"

narshen.gif.bf84d2093c732a5be66ed0afde8741a5.gif"You think you can stop me? I know what you'll be. You'll be dead! Your friends and family will be dead! I'll scrape your dead corpse off my-"

Murdereye.png.b85227acccf68d3b944ae3780cc08480.png"You're already dead."

narshen.gif.bf84d2093c732a5be66ed0afde8741a5.gif "What? You think that'll-"

ded.gif.1ae46cae3fc6309f8ef9420dd6f406b2.gif "Urgh!"

I like how you made a mini-mug version of my dead Narcian. Good effort, I like it.

HE HAS THE POWER!

cG6f96g.png

Why did I never think of this?

Wait doesn't the final villain of the first season hurt Saitama?

I must confess, I have no idea. I've never read One Punch Man. I just made the reference because it was easy.

Well, I disagree, Thracia has worse weapon rank growth and levelling. Holy fuck Kaga.

It's Thracia. Either it does things fantastically, or does them craptastically. There is no middle ground for this one.

It's not Leif's promotion in Thracia. Roy's nowhere near that shafted.

The one thing he gets over Leif in gameplay imo.

Well, a victory's a victory, eh, Roy? I know how it feels...

Who's shittalking Leif?

He can carry the king's sword and gain movement, two things Roy can't really do.

Aaaand there we go, he loses again. I can relate.

If this weren't Matthis, this would be a concerning sentence.

Good thing it's Matthis, then. Y'know, if by the end of this I get people to not hate Matthis as everyone else, I'll be satisfied with myself.

Was that comment about old Merric for trolling me?

Honestly, I would have loved if it turned out to be Elerean.

I... forgive me, but I don't get it.

Anyways, Zephiel next. Are you ready for the king who didn't get round to akimbo-wielding X-axis and the Seal Sword?

That would've made for a rad battle (or at least a radder sprite than the one he has), but alas, 'twas not to be.

On 30/6/2018 at 3:01 AM, Unknown Gamer11 said:

No problem, glad I could help! Before I knew what Nightmare was I'd used codebreaker stuff for a little while to do things like change classes or characters around. Regarding the uses, that was more because I was a little worried on just how exactly the game might treat a 0 uses item or if that might make it not count for some reason.

Ah, I see.

Hooray! Again, still debating if I want to, and if I do then which exact game. Knowing I'd have at least one reader helps though!

No worries.

Also unsure if I'd wanna try to do any level of custom story/writing stuff for it, though probably wouldn't do to the extent you have here, at least at first.

Hey, this whole thing started with what at the time was supposed to be a throwaway joke about how Rody was a ghost. It then escalated into custom portraits. I don't even know how it happened!

Outta curiosity, what exactly do you use for doing the custom dialogue in game style? Just photo-shopping with backgrounds, portraits and text boxes or something else?

I use paint.net and a thousand layers, each with a sprite. It's really easy once you have the hang of it, really. Actually writing the things is far more time-consuming.

Glad it looks like Juno and Yoder will survive, especially for Jerrot's sake. Hoping 22 isn't gonna be too bad here coming up.

Well... we shall see.

On 30/6/2018 at 3:52 PM, Mad-manakete said:

Would start with photo-quotes, but my joke about the stationary units merely fearing those who killed Murdock was used in the LP before I could make it, so it'd be redundant.

Hah, they say great minds think alike.

On a side note, I'm not only not calling for Lot's head, but going to point out that I used him the first (and until I get some time again, only) time I played Binding Blade through. I thought he was pretty good, but I have a slight bias towards axe-users, so I assumed it was that. Regardless, he was already one of my favorites of the Binding Blade cast before this run, and because I never saw his special conversations in the Western Isles or his Wade support in that original playthrough, I can say he's only been cemented in place by this LP.

Glad to have been of service. To tell you the truth, that's the main reason I wanted to use them: both Lot and Wade, especially Lot, are two of my favourite characters in FE, because of how humane they are. I wanted to show off their support and their B-route conversations, because they're very good, some of the best the game has to offer, I'd say.

And, well, gameplay-wise, I'd already used Lot before, and he's never let me down. I actually never did get around to using Wade, this has been the first time. I can safely say he has not let me down either.

I'll also note my comparison to Mother 3 was meant to be more of a compliment towards the way this LP achieves both frivolity and melancholy within the course of an update. Kind of like Mother 3 had both it's absurd humour and it's tear-jerker moments throughout the game.

Given how much I love Mother 3, I'm honoured that someone'd go so far to compare it to my fanfic and its all-over-the-place tone.

Finally, in defense of using Rutger or Navarre style characters. In normal gameplay, where resetting is an option, the only reason I can think of to use them is if they're effective. But in an ironman run, using characters of a psychotic nature such as Navarre becomes something I consider an asset because it'd hurt far less for my errors to cost the life of such a man than someone who deserved to live.

Hence why I sacrificed Rutger. Hwahahah... oh, well.

Indeed, my ideal iron-man team would be composed entirely of those like Navarre who could as easily have been a villain, or those like Arran who deserve a better death than that of a sick bed.

Ah, good ol' Arran. Such a great character. He deserved so much better... but at the same time, he wouldn't be quite as good if he didn't have that brilliant conclusion to his personal story.

Spoiler

l15lnRd.pngGOlMA9B.png

Spoiler alert: his personal guard is far weaker than Murdock and his goons.

2FjFqqq.pngBufRi8j.png

Roy, Roy, Roy, always Roy. I bet the one leading the charge is Marcus.

jhipM8b.pngoyfyfPB.pngESn0tn3.pngTa80Lyw.pngYT8rutt.pngBx5EAuU.png44afePp.pngPZfdYms.pngs4B1ePF.png

Well, guys, this is it. It's the final(?) battle. We must arm ourselves accordingly to the occasion.

nyLxKTU.pnghpyN5n3.png

If we can, that is. It's a good thing the game is almost over, because we're running extremely low on weaponery. Look at those bows. We're scrapping the bottom of the barrel here.

z5GS38R.png

Ergh....

E7yzmbo.png

Hmmm... perhaps I could...

SgDXYl1.png

Oh, of course not! Hah! Barth will do just fine, you'll see.

EfmiDmS.png

Oh, shit... remember how last chapter I said Roy could take care of the treasure? Well, no, he can't, because his key only has 2 uses. Blech...

2g3od7u.png

Sorry, Geese, but Barth is the memest pick and Gonzo might actually be able to do something. You... you have nothing.

Jm3yVLv.png

Do I dare make an Undertale reference? No, I don't... I'd get hell for it. Besides, what am I saying, I don't even like Undertale, myself.

ZzfnlVp.pngvImiJIQ.png

"Okay, then, we're surrendering."

"But, my liege, begging you pardon, I'm sure there's something we can--"

"WE. ARE. SURRENDERING."

VrjnaqF.png

The Essence of Life?

4bGtcIM.png

Of course not, FE6 is random, but not that random.

01hwAim.pngVWEzZE7.pngUUdRrI6.png

Hey, gotta give it to him, at least he's not going outside, putting the lives of his citizens in jeopardy. It's not as if that's, ultimately, his objective.

rqqwpP8.pngZdZDaYP.pngxdjIumV.png6sVCgFV.png

Well, isn't that anticlimatic? It would've been awesome if we had two bosses in this chapter. Brunja could've defended the gate. But nope, instead we get generics and gimmicks. But at least it's a rather cool gimmick. Better than most from this game, anyway.

s3jpzqM.pngRASLmTB.pngCHnkdGS.pngCbF2YWn.png

Ready, guys? It is time to witness somebody actually having a solid backup plan.

oBbot9U.pngvh2PoFp.pngWIafkbU.png

In the bad ending, which I'm not showing off because I'm great, Brunja and Idoun just disappear. Idoun, I could understand, but Brunja? Brunja couldn't be any more high-profile, she's one of the Wyvern Generals, for crying out loud! How in the world did she manage to vanish without a trace?

AJhAuWk.pngJxxbbWc.png

As always, Brunja is another character that's completely wasted by FE6. She obviously has the hots for Zeph, but this is never exploited, because if you go to Ilia, the last time you saw her was when she questioned Zephiel back in Araphen, and if you go to Sacae, she just does an inferior version of Murdock's roasting of Roartz.

That's not to say Murdock wasn't completely wasted too, either. He was the closest thing to a friend, a brother and a father figure Zephiel ever had, but they're never seen together. FE7 at least did it right by making it Desmond's utmost priority to put as much distance between Murdock and his son as possible. Just imagine if Murdock was running around killing off enemies in Battle Before Dawn. It would've been the easiest chapter in FE history!

What I'm trying to say is, Murdock is awesome, and so is Brunja, and they would be even awesomer if FE6 was just a wee bit better. Narcian, not so much, I'm afraid, but he got the most screentime of the three because life sucks.

9vP6c7S.pngXOeEM6Y.pngPeFZ61I.png

Zephiel's plan is to send off Idoun to continue producing warrior dragons, something she doesn't do even if she's never found. When I said Zephiel's backup plan was good, I didn't say Idoun would actually cooperate, did I? There's a reason everyone talks about Zephiel when the topic is "FE6's antagonist", not Idoun.

qYo5HrY.pngUJxevd1.pngF5BMKYm.pngP3F3MGW.png

Jesus fucking Christ on a defective bike, Zephiel, was that necessary?

EOkJYSw.png7e6gSik.png3na530v.pngvEJx79x.png

No, it won't! You lose either way! Why didn't they have the balls to make the bad ending into, y'know, an actually bad ending? They're the same people that made Incest Emblem: Genealogy of Burning Alive!

Oh, right, Kaga left. Hmph...

dxVMHEO.pngkgQfb3v.png

Does Brunja know of all this? Did Murdock know of all this? Were they fine with their liege trying to kill everyone, up to and including them? Why are so little questions actually addressed over the course of two games?

ju0fpPg.png84kU4ew.pngmVg75LQ.png

This is the gimmick.

PvXsR3Q.pngXIZ0KWJ.png

Two generics are defending switches that must be pressed in order to enter the throne room. There's another thing of questionable nature, but... we'll get to that later.

ujYJC2I.pngzsykD5D.pngoECsomW.png

Yes, yes, I've explained this already, could you please get to the point I actually want to rant about?

B444He9.pngU2R8lfi.pngenyp0hQ.pngYBGaomH.png

Again with the incorporeal captives.

MzwCEme.pngdEvRrvy.png9ZVDnq7.png

Ah, there we go. Think about the implications of this for a second. One must hold the Fire Emblem in front of the throne room to make it open. Let me repeat that. One must hold the Fire Emblem in front of the throne room to make it open. Now, who has the Fire Emblem? Who's had the Fire Emblem since chapter 2? And when was the last time we saw the people currently inside the throne room out of it?

Yep. Zephiel couldn't have entered his throne room after he returned from Araphen, and neither could Brunja have after she came back from Sacae either. Yet they're both inside because... I guess a wizard did it.

What I'm trying to say is that IntSys didn't think this one through. As usual.

g8wKnNC.png

Oh, and just in case you forgot, they had to hammer it in. Look alive, guys: Roy has the Fire Emblem. ROY HAS THE FIRE EMBLEM! NOT THE GUYS WHO ENTERED THE ROOM WHILE HE HAD THE FIRE EMBLEM!

cVoOyMj.pngKgEPtEN.png

It's the one we'll be taking, too. Why do you think I brought Barth?

CJzbBBC.pngMJ6TC7y.png

Oh, wow, we're giving character development to the off-screen captive now?

w0PJiTD.pngON5T3l3.pngAIDb63l.png

Not really, those enemies have no ranged means of attack. They'll be powerless against magic or bows.

B8pnxh7.pngLag7aZo.png

Hell yeah, Roy! You tell 'em, now that you're finally promoted!

v5DFbqx.png

Here is the map. It's a gigantic mess. Druids, Berserkers and Heroes are the norm here, with a couple Generals and Heroes defending the switches and status staves, because of course there'd be status staves. The hardest part, really, is the throne room. You'll see when we get there.

SmrOgNE.pngKPyCcQX.png

Case in point, here are the staves. In time, more will come, though those little rooms with stairs on top of the map.

axvTj43.pngtCZo77J.png

There are the guardians of the switches. They can be slightly dangerous if you let them attack, but since they're stationary, they're a non-issue.

coN7bj7.pngnnffPio.png

Moving forward, as is the norm for these chapter beginnings.

Su6YCE0.png42Erh7h.png5f3SwSC.png

Then... this happens.

bVfVbIo.png

Yeah... he can't even kill Chad. Sorry, dude, I'm not wasting a restore charge on you.

PMsTzYG.pngkph7xUg.png

Instead, let's watch Roy being worse than Cecilia. Seriously, that's a legendary weapon - heck, the legendary weapon. This is not reasonable. At some point people playtested this and thought this was all right.

I7J3nD1.pngcOI8xOO.png

Instead, Wade and Sue team up to defeat the Merc.

NMxFKPn.pngyKJA2Ua.png

Without the Binding Blade, Roy is just as useless as he's always been. Like I said, nothing's changed, he's still the worst thing ever.

zhp4bG6.pngu8RXitu.pngnk3Shuy.png

The best units do stuff.

iN72tY1.png

Gee, I'm desperate with fear of what Barth might now do. Will he fail to kill Chad, fail to kill Sue, or fail to kill Gonzo? I'm sweating bullets here.

yH6vwrs.pngCgly52l.pngAstv7El.png

A flashbang shot later, it is revealed that the western squad, led by General Dougy, is doing just swell.

5gd3CuU.png

D'aw, c'mon, I was hoping you'd at least hit him.

FtBGcWk.png1m6ydyO.png

That, I'll admit, scares me a tiny bit more.

ZfczW31.png

Not too much, mind you, but enough that I'd rather start flinging the restore staff around.

MhcKCgx.pngYPXJTgo.png

Oh, please...

sNrLbMR.pnglMsr5E7.png

That will do. Thank you, Sue.

hevnPyt.pngbVRagdK.png

Hmm, so let's se... this assholes has 44 might... minus...

r8pNiOI.png

14 res, equals... tch...

fNd0KVH.png

Equals Marcus lives, I'm pretty sure.

ISUftgh.pngtdcVD69.pngiSi5PtI.png

This isn't something I want to face, after Echidna and Treck's infamous episodes. Dougy, you do it: your defense is high up in the sky just about enough for me to only feel somewhat uneasy about this move.

dmHRBjq.png

Barth attempts to fight Chad up close and personal this time. He does about as well as he did last time.

gGFRZl4.pnglIB2gwd.pngT14ucVy.png

Ah-ha! Loyalty prevails!

XfKdktr.pngjqHLYpZ.pngeSVBEEe.png

As does nosferatu. I'm usually too worried to let her fight, but as you can see, as long as her opponent doesn't have enough strength to one-shot her (sadly, that's not such an uncommon occurrence), Niime fights wonderfully.

sz5q2E0.png

Holy crap, 10 damage to Dougy.

qLuaIrr.pngdCJ0blo.png

HOLY CRAP, DOUGY DOUBLED SOMETHING!? UNHEARD OF!

5kPRtOM.pngCvoqlz6.png

Good, my mathematics were correct.

PjVxtUr.png

Oh, why you little... Dougy worked hard to earn that double!

Rapy1yQ.png

Heeey, let's let Gonzo do something, shall we?

4FTv2bc.pngCXXHlt4.pngEPnsmnW.png

Eh, better than I expected.

rW6pERQ.png

Wade delivers the final blow.

pIQDAr5.pngIblqjUe.png

A staves. Too bad the A and S ranks for staves are, as things stand, completely useless.

WFl9xlf.png2Bq3VBE.png

Without Chad within his movement range, I wonder who Barth will try his luck against now. Perhaps Lilina? Lilina and her defense made of dry leaves sounds like a solid plan.

Man, wouldn't that be ironic? He worked so hard to save her, and now he'll be trying to kill her.

k06F79f.pngM6iCE4H.pngrBGzfLB.png

In any case, let's give these enemies a taste of their own medicine. And THIS DIVINE LIGHTNING THAT SHALL PIERCE THE SKIES! Easy reference! I wonder why it took me this long to make it... or perhaps I'm forgetting I already made it... ah, whatever.

lTH5eUu.pngutkyAp6.png65IaSeC.png

Predictable.

4qH3VZi.pngz4HDDcC.pngZgsYsqA.png

Foul luck won't end Lot.

qT8ocR7.png

It might end Roy, though, but for now, let's hush and watch the one good thing about Roy.

zEcBoCj.png

Animations.

lGMKLDH.pngkOtzlsV.png21HJl37.png

Neat looking. That was a crit, too.

GUmoAiu.pngGbgApV1.png

Nice luck.

skFtnBY.pngaYy0o2q.png

That's not so nice. C'mon... Astore can't harm any of the main team, but I still want to keep him under control and far away from the Berserkers.

UC6jIrn.pngygiFdkI.png

Gonzo and his old friend and savior fight together, like in the good old days. Ah, what it could've been... but we had Lot and Wade.

SUJFXTC.png

Cecilia can't quite top off Marcus, but that is fine, he doesn't need full health to survive. He's good, like that.

fpZ9h0N.png

Hmph! I stand corrected!

xXOjqsH.png

...Roooy! I don't want to risk these!

y0Uoc8T.png9MblDPK.pngC7xNW0J.png

Whoa... you've really come a long way, have you not, Sue?

c4SOlbj.png

Let's begin the pilfering. Not too bad, I like this.

fo0zKD4.png

Man, Roy actually leading the army. Isn't that a rare sight to behold?

sAmLUAW.pnghjgSct1.pngiSeLIhE.png

Nicely done, Niime. You made me have to heal a nosferatank. As if we needed any more examples of why this game is the worst thing ever.

ESZDHW1.pngjLlvBmg.png5mTCciT.png

On the other hand, here is a reason this game isn't the worst thing ever: it has Dougy in it. As well as Igrene, that one hot chick in Fanservice Emblem that is actually better known for her tragic, serious backstory.

LgjXNoO.png

Okay, that should do it to save Merlinus from Astolfo's wrath.

dIYLlD1.pngfWsk85n.pngZznKW0P.png

Except berserked units can go through their allies normally, because FE hates you and you shouldn't have forgotten that.

KSebLF2.png

Also, this Barth.png comes to pass.

RBIr0yS.pngpSUHCiM.pngCZGW1W1.pngxPi7Akb.png

Whoa, holy crap, Roy killed something!

HwOSoOE.png

Oh, you've got to be kidding me... Roy! You need perfect level ups to get up to speed! Nothing else will suffice!

RTGD8JF.pngklwtw1U.png

It's a sad day for a unit when it is viable (or even desirable, I haven't that many restore charges left) to just let the berserk effect wear off of them. No such luck with Astolfo, though. He probably could do some nasty damage to Niime, or commit suicide against one of the many enemies on approach. Thus, he doesn't get to lose all of his honour and pride as a knight of Ostia, like his superior.

cfMWkkv.png

Ooooooooooof, that's no good!

Pl21F52.pngfT1XIar.png6Y4x005.png

That is better. I don't think I've ever used the brave lance in this game as extensively as I have in this run. At this rate, it's going to break before Dragonland arrives. It's served Dougy well, it'll be sad to see it go.

VTa7CMv.png

Not looking bad. Not from this angle, at least.

UPaBHwz.pngSnhWiB6.pngA6rghi6.png

Criticals galore!

O1GR2Lx.png

...and bad levels, too! Skill-blessed Lilina, really?

fY2Rwpf.pngaksArqc.pngRN6ZEMU.png

And then, we get a thing. Defense? Mm... I wonder who could use this.

i8C2pYp.png

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaah......

tclFqjH.pngTPVmTQQ.png

So, remember when I said things weren't looking bad "from this angle"?

X4jXtCp.pngT9atXXF.pngun2D2ws.png

Honest to God, I forgot to check out the lower corridor until it was too late (read, when these arseholes were already running up to put an end to Saul's lucky streak). Fun fact: I've beaten this game countless times, and every single time, I forget that there is a direct path connecting the throne room and the western entrance. I have no idea how I manage, but that's what happens.

lC2X4R2.png

However...

lC2X4R2.png

...only the best die young, so Saul remains impervious to the assault.

f1BYWE2.png

Life is so unfair. But I'll admit, I'm happy. My ass isn't so happy, though, I almost tore myself inside out by scrunching it in utter pain. No joke. Urk...

KDFfDAI.pngySBhg9b.png

You... you... why am I even surprised now?

YEMB20A.png

Oh, come now... I don't want the world's skillfullest team ever.

agjRXeH.pngoh91TpG.pngL77MCuc.png

This animation never gets old.

lek5AVH.pngUEHuzBg.pngVI7na8C.png

Saul avenges all those himselves that died in alternate universes. Like Sacae.

Lk9dwXE.png...

I feel an awful itch. Maybe it's the heat.

KiVoZdh.pngrUnX1sU.png

You! You, Sir, cannot be allowed to live. Say hello to Clarine for me!

ORp76NV.png

Wyrmslayer. That would be cool if we had any sword users aside from Marcus, who already has Durandal.

bOGt3rI.pngLsMTkgL.png

Speaking of, it's time for him to pull off a strategic retreat.

beP2ilG.png

Take care of things while he's away, Lot. I know you can do it.

obJRbSj.png

Pfhah, "I know you can do it". Such superfluities come out of my mouth sometimes.

Ug9kKwO.png

Cool frame. It's a crit, too, which makes it ten times cooler.

I6lg49p.png

Ah, so this has started too. Nice.

haJ0QT8.png

Good, good, you have done well, Nii.

52aXD2L.pngvlg1gp8.png

Worth a shot. For both sides.

3hBzebG.pngpvddqOt.png

Nosferatu > legendary weapons, it's been confirmed. Or, well, it would've been, if not for...

5spgmri.pngOTbdhIs.png

That 9% critchance.

oEF8gnS.png5Ujhj22.png

I confirm to you that no more enemies are coming from below. Rest easy.

cFnGew9.pngLpzyg9T.png

What better way to celebrate the destruction of a weapon than a final critical hit?

Dy4Md3M.png

Hmmm... you know what comes next, right?

2Pyg4gv.png W O R T H   A   S H O T GdO9jzD.png

Gslkul9.pngbwA2ABq.png

And then he gets hit twice, but it doesn't matter because Wade is too good, against all odds.

8oTh8AG.png

Hmph... that really isn't something I want to have roaming around.

uT7JdOq.png5HEgGId.png

You may be thinking this is too much for just a killer weapon, and you may be right, but after those few chapters prior to C. Douglas, I will take as little chances as possible. Well, when I'm not forgetting that hallways exist.

zm7Dx1I.pngquN27JS.png

Now, for the light brander, Marcus and his liege--

vwFGQTw.png

nJBwYHd.png

Cecilia is better than Roy, ladies and gentlemen.

KT3DrgN.png

And now she's even betterer!

HwOSoOE.pngKT3DrgN.png

Better HP, might, defense and res... one meager point of speed ahead, with a con that more or less negates that advantage of his... why isn't Cecilia the main character instead? Just imagine, a campaign that starts when Roy sends her the letter asking for reinforcements, and she fights earlygame bandits on her way there. Then we'd get to see her battles with the rebels... but let's not get ahead of ourselves, after all, this is never going to be happening.

POCHatD.png

Barth will obviously be going for the switch, but I'm not sure who will be the one to fight the Hero, because he obviously can't keep up.

HvjJIsQ.pngBxnrCYW.png

She who has no use. I'm sorry, I just can't get over that.

gASrgaw.pngqLdglBP.png

The master and the student partake in medicinal studies.

BQ3YVex.pngEY44KvE.pngvbuveru.pngWoUvkJb.png

Barth can't do anything at all (was there any doubt?), therefore Castora is presented with the task to defeat the switch's guardian.

WoUvkJb.png

Let's head north for a second to clean up the way for the western team. At this point, I'd obviously remembered that the direct way at the south existed, but I was still undecided on who to send to deal with the second switch, so I just sent everyone north for the time being.

pd6Gqod.pngREi3HQJ.pngzEw4zl4.png

These Heroes are more than a match to Marcus, but he still does just fine.

0HRHCpJ.png

Then Zalwade does what he's best at.

WMH9R1X.pngN2oqMNi.png

For now, let's just have everyone go south save for a select others, who will back up the western squad.

rWZ9b8Q.png

Oh, no, no no no no more status staves! Aaaargh!

OLwA8MR.pngGJ38jLO.png

Come to think about it, these guys don't really need backup. Dougy and his 30 points of effective defense are all that they could ever require.

fEm2cDa.png

Well, this was to be expected.

Ec8aVNN.png

Son of a--

gmCELxB.png

Of course, he also has physic! I should've known!

J9eUoSd.png

Die, damnit! I have no time to be playing games with you!

IPTYghT.png

Wade takes the swordreaver from Lot in order to face the Hero.

hFLnVDm.png

Sue starts to work on the Hero. Wish her luck with the crits, otherwise we'll be here all day. Night. Whatever time it is when you're reading.

cLLZqda.pngRKkpHFv.pngOTh2g52.png

Take that! Who's the Berserker now, huh?

JjpRDnJ.pngnIumNar.png

Moving up, moving down. Not necessarily in that order.

6m5yCrr.pnggikN7P8.png

Not bad, at least you hit. That doesn't seem to happen often.

z7NCEbt.png

At least she's better at dodging these than her grandson was.

x019bR9.pngYklVxy8.pngfhbLFpu.pngEok9CmN.png

It takes one too many attacks to kill this bishop. Even so, I love how Dougy, who supposedly gets destroyed by mages every time, takes less damage from a Bishop than what he deals to him in return, and is slightly more accurate to boot. Worst General? Since when?

gzwhpgb.pngxFIWKWU.png

I still have no idea what to do about the left switch, which is bad, because I've, quite literally, ran out of tiles to make my units go north. I can just imagine Dougy and Saul just walking against the wall "because the tactician said to do it" while Igrene and Astolfo look in bewilderment.

WKr2pp7.png5I61Xms.png64RoQeK.png

The map's starting to look really clean.

ugazSBf.png

It isn't completely empty yet, though. This asshole remains. I refuse to fight this one directly.

eui6ooa.pngsn1ft0K.png8hcx8hZ.png

No, this isn't wasteful. It's not like there's much game left to use this. I'd much rather lose the bolting than lose a unit, which is what will happen if I let this asshole have even the slightest chance of hitting critically.

62dVhCp.png

Besides, it gives Roy a chance to pretend he's useful before Marcus takes the lead as usual.

7gEvMom.pngH8GhX3Y.pngycJCN7p.png

No, seriously. This isn't what Jeigan should be looking like in the potentially final chapter. This is what Seth should be looking like in the potentially final chapter.

3MIoeKg.png

Oh, no, not another one.

2p5PcwX.png7yb818j.png

Eventually, I decided that Dougy and Igrene will be moving forward towards the throne room, while Gonzo, Niime and Astolfo will deal with the switch. I know, I know, Apocalypse, but she gets volatilized by Zephiel in a single blow, so... it's not worth the risk.

7FjwwvY.pngkhW37Hp.png

Oh! Roy, you thank your lucky stars the Binding Blade is locked to you. If Roy is doing this well with thanks to it, imagine Marcus!

CXfStrj.pngLI8fIua.png

I mean, admittedly, Marcus is just a little better than Roy (which, in itself, is quite sad), but he does have a mount, and, well... even if Perceval would objectively be an improvement, isn't it far funnier to have the game's pure Jeigan fighting in the frontlines of the endgame? I don't know you, but I am having one hell of a laugh with it.

qdKCuNB.pngkOimETH.pngkpX33UU.png

These Heroes, man. They're far too brutal. Why am I showing their stats now as opposed to before? No reason, other than that this screenshot was randomly here and I can't remember the thought process behind its existance.

EwkLH40.png

Ah! Lilina and her 6 defense, noooo...!

IIN3jhL.png

Well... I'm sure she'll dodge the Knight's attack. Those guys are incompetent as all hell.

TW9kwq9.pngUKeATYZ.png

Hah! Nice. That was great. Leave as little as possible up to the dice--

30lsZbr.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

vlazKHn.png

Why am I having so much luck today? Seriously! First, Saul survives against all odds, now Lilina dodges when she should've gotten one-rounded... something horrible is going to happen in the throne room to compensate for all this, I can see it coming from a mile.

ycKYRYh.pngcbK22pd.png

So much could've gone wrong just now, but since it didn't, let's celebrate with some thunderous fireworks.

hse7zQ3.pngEWZgMHm.png

Our Lord sets up a kill for Jeigan. Think about it for a moment.

ppYnQgN.pngUt1ZzP0.pngGRF8mTE.pngyDNKQns.png

Here is how things are looking like.

z5FYnTY.png

No, I didn't forget to have Sue fight the Hero for a bunch of turns, whyever would you make such a baseless, ilogic claim?

LLypHRk.png

Time to make history, Barth, as one of those guys who stepped on a huge red square in the ground to let the true heroes get inside the throne room.

O5ztkbL.png

This is the line of dialogue that plays whenever someone presses the switch, regardless of the level of literacy of the character in question. Gonzales would say the same exact thing down to a T.

So, this may seem like a really weird place to end the update, right before opening the throne room would seem like more of an obvious moment to stop, but the throne room, intense as it is, doesn't take much time, and would make for a really short update. Therefore, we'll deal with the second switch and the preparations before jumping into the fray.

Incidentally, no outro plot for this update. I'm saving it for the next intro. Until the time comes, be safe, and hope the internet doesn't die like some say it may. It would be highly inconvenient to have to use tor to finish the LP.

Death count: Bors
                        Wolt
                        Deke
                        Lugh

Rutger
                        Noah
                        Clarine
                        Lance
                        Jerrot

Fir
                        Wendy
                        Og
ier
                        Treck
                        Barth

Bartre

Elen
                        Echidna
                        Cath
                        Sophia

Raigh

Zeiss

Ta
te
                        Lalum
                        Igrene
                        Astolfo
                        Lilina
                        Cecilia
                        Interest

Dorothy
                        Perceval
                        Everybody

Hugh

Yoder
                        Juno

*Discharged

*Only dead in Ilia

*Only dead in route B

*Only dead in route A

*Only dead in Sacae

*???

Reset count (Roy's death): 8

Dishonorable reset count (other reasons): 2

Merlinus death count: 14

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Pereth, actually. You see, in Spanish Spanish, "z" and "s" are pronounced differently ("s" are the same, but "z" use the "th" sound. When... it's placed at the end of a word, that is, like in Pereth... english is weird. I hope you understand what I'm trying to say) unlike in South American Spanish, where as far as I know they're pronounced the same.

This has been a linguamatic lesson from yours truly, Professor Ruben. No, I have no idea if "linguamatic" is an actual word, shut up.

Now that I think about it,  people in some regions (North of Argentina) do pronounce z/th.

Also, I like how your entire reply moved forward after you copy-pasted the definition of "heretic". It's as if the devil decided to mess with you for reasons. Or as if you were bad at formatting.

Let's just assume it was the first one.

Jm3yVLv.png

Marcus, Paladin of Pherae, wore purple the day he was to kill a king.

As for the Undertale reference...

I've got you covered.

Brunja couldn't be any more high-profile, she's one of the Wyvern Generals, for crying out loud! How in the world did she manage to vanish without a trace?

She probably put on a brown cloak.

I guess a wizard did it.

Look, a typo. The correct spelling would be A WIZARD DID IT.

. As if we needed any more examples of why this game is the worst thing ever.

Impressive, how someone's opinion can change over the course of one measly LP.

Not mine though. I started this LP hating this game and I still do.

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

And THIS DIVINE LIGHTNING THAT SHALL PIERCE THE SKIES! Easy reference! I wonder why it took me this long to make it... or perhaps I'm forgetting I already made it... ah, whatever.

I don't think you've made any TLP references so far. Just to be sure, though...

I love this fandom said no one ever.

W O R T H   A   S H O T

Aaaaand the counter reaches 40! Congratulations!

Cecilia is better than Roy, ladies and gentlemen.

In other news, Sophia is useless and Igrene's backstory is sad.

Why am I having so much luck today? Seriously! First, Saul survives against all odds, now Lilina dodges when she should've gotten one-rounded... something horrible is going to happen in the throne room to compensate for all this, I can see it coming from a mile.

It's probably the Universe thinking Welp, he made it this far despite all my efforts, might as well give him an easy final chapter.

Strap in for the true endgame though.

1 hour ago, KnightOfNohr said:

I’m calling it: Chad’s talking about Raigh.

Agreed, but that "someone close to you" line makes me doubt. It's not like Raigh has anyone else besides the virgin Lugh/ the chad Chad.

you should totally make your next Let's Play an ironman of TLP

even though I'm pretty sure you said you wouldn't at the end of your first LP

or somewhere I can't actually find the post where you said that but I thought you did somewhere

recruit Logan for extra memes

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I suppose you must be enjoying this LP, then. It's like a love letter to Marcus thus far.

I do~

I really like Albertus, too~

Watching Marcus continue on is inspirational. It reminds me of the "Grizzled Lord"/"Jeigan Lord" concept I've put forward in a couple threads and why I would like to see that idea implemented just once.

I think Sue's kind of broke any remnants of the Castor mold in that she's actually contributing at this stage, as opposed to just sort of being there. I only hope that doesn't result in her death.

It's funny. Barth and Gonzales get to contribute one last time after becoming more or less irrelevant for much of the LP, and before falling into the same irrelevance permanently.

My only explanation for the throne room only being able to open with the Fire Emblem is that it has to be sealed for that to be the case, kind of like how a car door only opens for the key. If it were left open while they were away, (but guarded), it wouldn't need the Emblem to be opened again as it's still open from last time.

LmUTCwd.pngllIuQRo.pngmT7FQiQ.pngiWUdTXH.png

Chad. Stop talking like that.

FVRcMWr.pngycMmOjk.png

Dougy the white knight I see.

Could you do something with Saul then Doug?

EWQCJ9j.pngotw2uyX.png

*sigh.

Sb8J2pl.pngRhjjzRE.pngtETyhD8.png

I assume the blizzard is also dead.

Ah, right, that thing. Personally, I feel it's an overall strange situation. If they truly were going to kill off the internet, I wager there would be a far more intense uproar. Yet, it seems nobody is giving a flying fuck about it. Even people like big-name youtubers that would be hit hard by the article have made no comments on the matter. I'm not sure what to make of the situation, to be frank. Besides, there isn't really anything we can really do. It's all up to those twenty-something guys at Brussels, because the EU is good, amirite? Still, I like to believe we humans aren't idiotic enough to butcher the greatest invention of our time.

That's the problem: It's a bit uncertain how it'd be enforced.

The reactions certainly did lean more on the worst case, but the link tax has an impact on every site, while the laws could also hurt newer sites and prevent them from gaining relevance, which is something that is kind of necessary for the internet to not grow too stale. Doesn't help that the conservatives were all for it and I always have concerns when laws like this get their approval because this is not the first time.

I hear in America 60 is the norm. I don't believe it either.

Besides, I don't live in stereotypical Spain (that is, the south), but in the north. Some days ago, it was far too hot. Less days ago, it was raining like God finally had enough of us. Today, it's lukewarm. I don't understand this place.

America is using Fahrenheit. It scales around freezing to human temperature. Fahrenheit has some stupid scaling as a result. I mean, places can hit 50, but still.

Ah yes, Northern Spain. 

Please do. They're my favourite evil priests, after all. I could imagine Frollo being quite similar to Orlo when he was younger.

I'll have to come back to this one then.

I still fail to see how flying is so great, but okay, that's just because I'm a casual and an imbecile.

Eh, it's an ironman and flying utility is useful in any game.

Juno is probably the unit who needs a buff the most in a remake.

Yahn? It is actually explained why he doesn't leave the final battle stage, but the true explanation, I humbly believe, is that Yahn was a last-minute addition and they had to come up with something to excuse why he only appears in one chapter despite being responsible for everything.

Whining*.

Whinging is a word.

It's Thracia. Either it does things fantastically, or does them craptastically. There is no middle ground for this one.

Kaga at his most Kaga in my opinion.

Seeing what he made post FE, there's some interesting and frankly bizarre choices in the Saga games, especially Berwick.

I... forgive me, but I don't get it.

I was suggesting Merric is Frost's grandson based on that line in the LP and the portrait you made (along with the response you gave after I said my piece on how you could use it to throw up on command).

SgDXYl1.png

*Sigh

2g3od7u.png

Sorry, Geese, but Barth is the memest pick and Gonzo might actually be able to do something. You... you have nothing.

What about his hair though? That alone > Barth.

Also, kind of cheating to use a dead guy. (You did have Zeiss)

oBbot9U.pngvh2PoFp.pngWIafkbU.png

In the bad ending, which I'm not showing off because I'm great, Brunja and Idoun just disappear. Idoun, I could understand, but Brunja? Brunja couldn't be any more high-profile, she's one of the Wyvern Generals, for crying out loud! How in the world did she manage to vanish without a trace?

I have no idea why the dragon shrine couldn't be figured out without the divine weapons frankly. They can probably figure it out without the weapons, what with all of Bern's resources after this chapter.

What I'm trying to say is, Murdock is awesome, and so is Brunja, and they would be even awesomer if FE6 was just a wee bit better. Narcian, not so much, I'm afraid, but he got the most screentime of the three because life sucks.

Well that explains why they're not in Heroes doesn't it? Doesn't mean it was the right choice.

MzwCEme.pngdEvRrvy.png9ZVDnq7.png

Ah, there we go. Think about the implications of this for a second. One must hold the Fire Emblem in front of the throne room to make it open. Let me repeat that. One must hold the Fire Emblem in front of the throne room to make it open. Now, who has the Fire Emblem? Who's had the Fire Emblem since chapter 2? And when was the last time we saw the people currently inside the throne room out of it?

Yep. Zephiel couldn't have entered his throne room after he returned from Araphen, and neither could Brunja have after she came back from Sacae either. Yet they're both inside because... I guess a wizard did it.

What I'm trying to say is that IntSys didn't think this one through. As usual.

Has to have been a wizard.

Maybe Brunja activated it while leaving the castle and that's the way to unlock it from the outside. Still dumb, but Zephiel would still fear that Roy might chase after Idoun if they can't come after him.

Maybe Idoun activated it with Dragon Veins!

PMsTzYG.pngkph7xUg.png

Instead, let's watch Roy being worse than Cecilia. Seriously, that's a legendary weapon - heck, the legendary weapon. This is not reasonable. At some point people playtested this and thought this was all right.

MAGIC IS EVERYTHING!

(Funnily I had Rein and Cecilia supporting in Heroes at one point. Then I got the Rein alt and decided such stupidity had to be stuck together.)

iN72tY1.png

Gee, I'm desperate with fear of what Barth might now do. Will he fail to kill Chad, fail to kill Sue, or fail to kill Gonzo?

Gonzo's more likely to kill him. That's what I'd worry about.

qLuaIrr.pngdCJ0blo.png

HOLY CRAP, DOUGY DOUBLED SOMETHING!? UNHEARD OF!

Wow, I might have to say this.

7 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

dIYLlD1.pngfWsk85n.pngZznKW0P.png

Except berserked units can go through their allies normally, because FE hates you and you shouldn't have forgotten that.

And Merlinus dies again. :P

ORp76NV.png

Wyrmslayer. That would be cool if we had any sword users aside from Marcus, who already has Durandal.

Well, you'll still want it for 24 frankly.

It takes one too many attacks to kill this bishop. Even so, I love how Dougy, who supposedly gets destroyed by mages every time, takes less damage from a Bishop than what he deals to him in return, and is slightly more accurate to boot. Worst General? Since when?

Hey, Barth exists.

CXfStrj.pngLI8fIua.png

I mean, admittedly, Marcus is just a little better than Roy (which, in itself, is quite sad), but he does have a mount, and, well... even if Perceval would objectively be an improvement, isn't it far funnier to have the game's pure Jeigan fighting in the frontlines of the endgame? I don't know you, but I am having one hell of a laugh with it.

Boi.

Your speed is pathetic.

Come back when you get some speed.

Good stuff with the pre-battle convos giving a lot of people a little screentime. Was wondering if you were gonna give Niime a followup after what happened with Hugh. And oh Saul. Every time I see Raigh's custom portrait though I get a little depressed again...Still hoping...but c'mon Raigh it's not like Chad's being subtle here.

I kinda love the use of all these other units just to tank berserks or do really minor things here and there though.

On 7/4/2018 at 7:09 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

I use paint.net and a thousand layers, each with a sprite. It's really easy once you have the hang of it, really. Actually writing the things is far more time-consuming.

Hmm, good to know. I'll have to try out paint.net sometime since I've used Pixlr for most online photo editing I've done.

Hey, this whole thing started with what at the time was supposed to be a throwaway joke about how Rody was a ghost. It then escalated into custom portraits. I don't even know how it happened!

I also wonder if looking into a better editor for text editing could be another alternative. If I end up doing either randomized or class changed FE6, I feel like it could be fun trying to explain why everyone is a different class or joining at a different point, and a half decent in-game text editor could do that job nicely if that exists.

That is better. I don't think I've ever used the brave lance in this game as extensively as I have in this run. At this rate, it's going to break before Dragonland arrives. It's served Dougy well, it'll be sad to see it go.

You know, I've always kind of wondered why this game doesn't actually let you obtain a brave sword, but you get the axe/lance/bow IIRC. Also annoying that you can't get Fenrir/Fimbulvetr as well.

Yeah, your Roy seems kinda...sad even by his standards, though I don't recall his averages off the top of my head and I'm too lazy to look em up right now.

Also, just saw something I think you might enjoy: https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2018/07/07/fe6-7-complete-character-poll-results-and-comment-translations-2004/

Basically it's a translation of a bunch of the japanese comments that went along with the old FE6/7 popularity poll, some of which are amazing when it comes to the bosses in this game. For example, Ohtz is in dead last out of 80 with the only comment being "his sprite is re-used." Also Orlo is at 55, over characters like Lot and Wade, Guinevere, Douglas, Niime, Astolfo (poor him at 75th),  and a few more.

Here's hoping your luck thus far keeps up into the throne room!

Edited by Unknown Gamer11

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

SgDXYl1.png

Whhaaaat, Barth is about to get some action? Truly with our history if of unpromoted armor knights, the worst of them couldn't disappoint us.

Barth, better not screw this up.

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

lC2X4R2.png

...only the best die young, so Saul remains impervious to the assault.

This is probably the luckiest Saul I've ever seen in my life. I should probably start using him. 

haJ0QT8.png

Good, good, you have done well, Nii.

Am I the only one who always gets Silenced by 20 percent chances?

HvjJIsQ.pngBxnrCYW.png

She who has no use. I'm sorry, I just can't get over that.

Ouch. Everyone loves Igrene, if that makes it better. Also everyone is good with Killer weapons.

Things I apparently am bad at: Replying.

Things this forum is apparently bad at: Locking posts so they can't be edited for some arbitrary reason.

9 hours ago, Dayni said:

America is using Fahrenheit. It scales around freezing to human temperature. Fahrenheit has some stupid scaling as a result. I mean, places can hit 50, but still.

Ah yes, Northern Spain. 

I forgot to finish here, didn't I? 50 degrees Celcius is pretty possible in the US in summer.

As for Northern Spain, can't say too much on it due to how little time I've been there, 

9 hours ago, Dayni said:

Didn't finish my point with this one either. I was on about Peres leaving and initially I didn't think that was the case-

...Alright, let's breathe. There's at least 3 more posts before I think it'll be fine to get into my issues with Yahn, so no more screeching.