Let's make world conquest easier for Zephiel - Let's play Ironman Fire Emblem 6, without skills!

Saint Rubenio

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/5/2018 at 7:52 PM, DestructionDragon360 said:

I'm not sure if I'm misinterpreting, but...

You do know you don't have to Leave a unit on the switch, right?

Well, it's not like Barth had much else to do.

yiDEavU.png

yaXkpTn.png

WOiWnre.png

OwJwATh.pngYU8nFdF.pngma8TRds.png

n3Ugh9E.png

rlqGB0k.pngCwcYXCJ.pngUhGADbw.png

urjlRh6.png25G8nlu.png

IWk0RtV.png

lxJETkm.png

aJuTTdC.png

LnJxfpR.pngTCjh6Uy.png

x6F1Qgl.png

LiaEMam.png

iBMqgoR.png

0Rnh05K.pngur1PKr1.png

lb3rHDR.png

CD6snSH.png

VQrIGNN.png

dBcnuXW.pngWEq5cxz.png

mn2lV6R.png

GZVd7MB.png9HEPFX8.png

U7ty7zb.pngOKXbs3w.pngsHls1R3.png

xPbRDSD.pngnkxfpr8.png

iJfz9cH.png

sBZQYF0.png

oYgaoWr.png4PKgB7N.png

y2TuFJ8.png

FhBvRHK.pngSD3BaAa.png

MxqHJFL.pngpZJ0aSm.png

x3lU3Gx.png

mOOuzWp.pngfspN1el.png

Vzj0f8L.png

nt1yHfi.png

l4crW5V.png

2CsRMIK.pngucdz7Pt.png

Part 50 - Bern burns.

On 5/7/2018 at 1:56 AM, KnightOfNohr said:

I’m calling it: Chad’s talking about Raigh.

Oh, hey there.

On 5/7/2018 at 3:34 AM, Franp3 said:

Now that I think about it,  people in some regions (North of Argentina) do pronounce z/th.

Then there's people like us, who speak in english in an english forum.

Let's just assume it was the first one.

I like the second one better, sorry.

Marcus, Paladin of Pherae, wore purple the day he was to kill a king.

Ah, maybe. Honestly, Marcus has already achieved maximum Phonour: I consider Murdock to be a far more glorious kill than Zephiel himself.

As for the Undertale reference...

I've got you covered.

Genial. I confess, I do like Undertale's ost. Not all of it, but there are some tunes in it that I really like, particularly this one, Spider Dance, Berguen... Berngüentruck... Asgore's battle theme, Heartache, and the beta version of Spear of Justice.

She probably put on a brown cloak.

Oh, please. However did you come up with such a brainless idea?

Look, a typo. The correct spelling would be A WIZARD DID IT.

A   W I Z A R D   D I D    I T

Impressive, how someone's opinion can change over the course of one measly LP.

Actually, no, I still love FE6, with all its shortcomings. However, if there is one thing I love, is to talk shit about everything. Except Luigi. Luigi is the epitome of good character design.

Not mine though. I started this LP hating this game and I still do.

Whoa, whoa, whoa... those are some big words. Seriously, may I ask why you hate it so much?

...is that why you lot want to see Lot dead? He's the best Warrior ever and you guys just can't accept he's in FE6 instead of the best game in the series, RuinBartre Emblem 7?

I don't think you've made any TLP references so far.

I am pretty sure I did in the last one, though, and it resulted in everybody suddenly wanting me to LP it. However, as much as I'd love to spend a few months calling Kelik names, I have other (hopefully, better) plans.

Just to be sure, though...

Frankly, I find that quote to be pretty damn amazing. It's even well-acted! The only problem is that, well... it simply does not work in context.

Spoiler

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Sieg supposed to, y'know, not want to kill those he calls his "friends"? Before the battle, he gave a titanic speech on how he was possesed and how he needed them to put him out of his suffering, but being careful, as he wouldn't be able to pull his punches. From this, it can be deducted that he only kept his ability to speak freely.

So why would he scream that line, as if he was glad he'd gotten a crit? A more sensible, if less epic, choice would've been something along the lines of "OH, NO! LOOK OUT!" or "CURSE MY FATE, FOR I AM ABOUT TO DO SOMETHING I WILL ALWAYS REGRET!".

Aside from that, I just wish the rest of the game's voice acting was that good. Don't get me wrong, voice acting at such a medieval stage of FE hacking was quite impressive, but the fact that it was very poorly executed kind of ruined the whole effort.

I love this fandom said no one ever.

Hey, I do like it, when they're not trying to divide the series into "good masterpieces" and "bad shitstains".

Aaaaand the counter reaches 40! Congratulations!

You're still keeping that up?

In other news, Sophia is useless and Igrene's backstory is sad.

Sophia isn't useless, ShE cAN Be goOD iF yOU GiVE Her A LoT OF ExPerIENCe!!

It's probably the Universe thinking Welp, he made it this far despite all my efforts, might as well give him an easy final chapter.

Strap in for the true endgame though.

Jinxing things already? Urk...

Agreed, but that "someone close to you" line makes me doubt. It's not like Raigh has anyone else besides the virgin Lugh/ the chad Chad.

We'll see.

On 5/7/2018 at 4:53 AM, Ruminant said:

you should totally make your next Let's Play an ironman of TLP

I'll just copypaste what I told Fra--

even though I'm pretty sure you said you wouldn't at the end of your first LP

or somewhere I can't actually find the post where you said that but I thought you did somewhere

Ah, good, you know already. Yes, I'm afraid I have other plans.

recruit Logan for extra memes

Oh, believe me, if I ever played TLP, I would. I've read LPs of this, and if there's something I'd like to avoid, is yet another edgelord, like Logan's alternative.

On 5/7/2018 at 7:27 AM, Sweet Summer Tana said:

I do~

I really like Albertus, too~

Hey, it's good to know my totally original 100% not genericwithbeard OC character don't steal tm is arising admiration all around!

On 5/7/2018 at 7:29 AM, Mad-manakete said:

Watching Marcus continue on is inspirational. It reminds me of the "Grizzled Lord"/"Jeigan Lord" concept I've put forward in a couple threads and why I would like to see that idea implemented just once.

Jeigan Lord... something like Siegfried? Is it just me or is there an unusual amount of TLP going around here today?

I think Sue's kind of broke any remnants of the Castor mold in that she's actually contributing at this stage, as opposed to just sort of being there. I only hope that doesn't result in her death.

Castor only survived by virtue of being throughoutly useless, so...

It's funny. Barth and Gonzales get to contribute one last time after becoming more or less irrelevant for much of the LP, and before falling into the same irrelevance permanently.

Hey, at least Gonzo wasn't bad back in the day. Barth... Barth is blue.

My only explanation for the throne room only being able to open with the Fire Emblem is that it has to be sealed for that to be the case, kind of like how a car door only opens for the key. If it were left open while they were away, (but guarded), it wouldn't need the Emblem to be opened again as it's still open from last time.

That is highly inconvenient and really bad design. What if the wind closes the door? What if one of the guards closes it by mistake? Then what?

On 5/7/2018 at 8:38 AM, Dayni said:

Chad. Stop talking like that.

Hey, at least he's got his back covered.

Dougy the white knight I see.

But he's purple. A lighter shade of purple than Marcus, to be sure, but purple.

Could you do something with Saul then Doug?

I don't think Saul has let Dougy know of his existance. He may be an asshole, but he's not an idiot. Not too much.

*sigh.

Yeah...

I assume the blizzard is also dead.

Give me control of it for one map and it'll be.

That's the problem: It's a bit uncertain how it'd be enforced.

The reactions certainly did lean more on the worst case, but the link tax has an impact on every site, while the laws could also hurt newer sites and prevent them from gaining relevance, which is something that is kind of necessary for the internet to not grow too stale. Doesn't help that the conservatives were all for it and I always have concerns when laws like this get their approval because this is not the first time.

It's a good thing people grew a brain and voted against it. Or maybe there were death threats at play. At any rate, we haven't destroyed what's pretty much the greatest invention in the history of mankind yet, so that's that. Let's just hope it can survive the second round in September.

America is using Fahrenheit. It scales around freezing to human temperature. Fahrenheit has some stupid scaling as a result. I mean, places can hit 50, but still.

Of course, I forgot about that.

Ah yes, Northern Spain. 

It's that Spain nobody seems to ever acknowledge.

I'll have to come back to this one then.

Lookin' forward to it.

Eh, it's an ironman and flying utility is useful in any game.

Juno is probably the unit who needs a buff the most in a remake.

Eh... probably.

Whinging is a word.

It is. Huh. You never go to bed without learning something new.

Kaga at his most Kaga in my opinion.

Not really, that would have to be Tear Ring.

Seeing what he made post FE, there's some interesting and frankly bizarre choices in the Saga games, especially Berwick.

Berwick and, from what I've seen, Vestaria are both separate enough from FE that I wouldn't consider them FE games. Tear Ring is another story, though. There's a reason he got sued. Though, after playing through TRS, it makes me wonder what FE6 would've turned out to be if he hadn't left.

I was suggesting Merric is Frost's grandson based on that line in the LP and the portrait you made (along with the response you gave after I said my piece on how you could use it to throw up on command).

Ahhhh, I see. Hey, who knows... Frost has so little characterization in FE12, and Merric's dad is unknown, so I could likely establish him as being Merric's dad and it would probably work.

*Sigh

Heheheheh...

What about his hair though? That alone > Barth.

But it is so much fun to use losers.

Also, kind of cheating to use a dead guy. (You did have Zeiss)

Hence why I swapped him out for Barth, right? The reason he was selected at first is that, since I've lost so many units, I just don't have a big enough roster to hide him from sight.

I have no idea why the dragon shrine couldn't be figured out without the divine weapons frankly. They can probably figure it out without the weapons, what with all of Bern's resources after this chapter.

It's FE6, the game where nobody bothers to check out a basement if two random units that aren't linked to anything whatsoever are dead.

Well that explains why they're not in Heroes doesn't it? Doesn't mean it was the right choice.

They put a thousand Lyns, Tharjas and Flamewarbait in White before Murdock and Brunja. GG.

Has to have been a wizard.

No other explanation. Maybe it was Byrlyat before he died?

Maybe Brunja activated it while leaving the castle and that's the way to unlock it from the outside. Still dumb, but Zephiel would still fear that Roy might chase after Idoun if they can't come after him.

I don't know, all these "they just left the door open" theories are just... it's just such a stupid backup plan for something this important. What if the door was closed with nobody inside when Guinivere left? What, then? I would've thought they'd have a contingency plan for something as important as getting inside the throne room.

Maybe Idoun activated it with Dragon Veins!

Of course. Why not. What's next, Hartmut returned to life just to force the door open?

MAGIC IS EVERYTHING!

EVERYTHINGGGGGMMMMH!

(Funnily I had Rein and Cecilia supporting in Heroes at one point. Then I got the Rein alt and decided such stupidity had to be stuck together.)

Oh, Rein has an alt too? A completely uninteresting character save for the memes has an alt but the actual characters with character don't? Heroes... damnit.

Gonzo's more likely to kill him. That's what I'd worry about.

Actually, player units don't retaliate if they're attacked by a berserked ally. That's why I wasn't worried in the slightest.

Wow, I might have to say this.

Well said.

And Merlinus dies again. :P

I may've forgotten to add this death to the counter.

Well, you'll still want it for 24 frankly.

I don't see why. In case the Durandal breaks? In case you've forgotten, I literally have no swordusers aside from Marcus.

Hey, Barth exists.

And Barth is better than Wendy. Admittedly, Dougy is probably the second-best General, behind Bors, and that's only because of Bors's amazing availability.

Boi.

Your speed is pathetic.

Come back when you get some speed.

And everything else aside from luck and skill, which aren't so useful. Really, Boi just... sucks too much ass for it to be acceptable.

On 5/7/2018 at 6:08 PM, Dayni said:

Things I apparently am bad at: Replying.

Things this forum is apparently bad at: Locking posts so they can't be edited for some arbitrary reason.

Ah, nice, this again. A shame: had it been two updates ago instead of last update, this crap would've been highly fitting.

I forgot to finish here, didn't I? 50 degrees Celcius is pretty possible in the US in summer.

As for Northern Spain, can't say too much on it due to how little time I've been there, 

I did find it weird how you just said "Northern Spain" and left it there.

Didn't finish my point with this one either. I was on about Peres leaving and initially I didn't think that was the case-

But you are right, perhaps saying Peres is better is going slightly too far.

...Alright, let's breathe. There's at least 3 more posts before I think it'll be fine to get into my issues with Yahn, so no more screeching.

Well, there's this, then chapter 23 which I wager I can get done in one update... yes, three posts should do it.

Man, this makes me think... if I stop slacking, the LP could be over before August. I was still in college when I started this. How... funny.

Hey, if nothing else, I'm glad to see how many people have arrived to the thread. For a while now there have been so many posts for every update, it takes me a really long time just to reply to everyone!

On 5/7/2018 at 9:20 AM, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Good stuff with the pre-battle convos giving a lot of people a little screentime. Was wondering if you were gonna give Niime a followup after what happened with Hugh. And oh Saul. Every time I see Raigh's custom portrait though I get a little depressed again...Still hoping...

There's not much room for hoping, given how little updates are left. But do hope.

I kinda love the use of all these other units just to tank berserks or do really minor things here and there though.

My main goal for Barth and Gonzo is to sit on the switches. That's... about it, really.

Hmm, good to know. I'll have to try out paint.net sometime since I've used Pixlr for most online photo editing I've done.

Eh, it might not be the best program ever, but I've used it for a long time now, and I've grown fond of it.

I also wonder if looking into a better editor for text editing could be another alternative. If I end up doing either randomized or class changed FE6, I feel like it could be fun trying to explain why everyone is a different class or joining at a different point, and a half decent in-game text editor could do that job nicely if that exists.

It's true that my solution is kind of... eh.

You know, I've always kind of wondered why this game doesn't actually let you obtain a brave sword, but you get the axe/lance/bow IIRC. Also annoying that you can't get Fenrir/Fimbulvetr as well.

You can't get a spear and runesword either, and the wind sword, short spear and shine just don't exist at all. I've always found FE6 to be a really wacky game when it comes to item availability.

Yeah, your Roy seems kinda...sad even by his standards, though I don't recall his averages off the top of my head and I'm too lazy to look em up right now.

Let me do it for you, so that we may laugh at my misery some more.

LI8fIua.png

My Roy is behind in strength, speed and luck by just a couple points or less, ahead in HP and res by one point, and on par in skill and defense. In other words, no crazy deviations from his averages. So, no, my Roy isn't sad by his standards, he's sad because he's on his standards. I have the Roy that the devs had in mind, and that just makes him case even more egregious.

Here's hoping your luck thus far keeps up into the throne room!

We can only hope...

On 5/7/2018 at 11:37 AM, Garlyle said:

Whhaaaat, Barth is about to get some action? Truly with our history if of unpromoted armor knights, the worst of them couldn't disappoint us.

Barth, better not screw this up.

Well, thus far, he's accomplished more now than he ever has.

This is probably the luckiest Saul I've ever seen in my life. I should probably start using him.

Not really, I just got lucky with the RNG, that's all. That said, he's still the best Bishop in the game, so... yeah, do it.

Am I the only one who always gets Silenced by 20 percent chances?

Remember Hugh? No, you're not.

Ouch. Everyone loves Igrene, if that makes it better. Also everyone is good with Killer weapons.

Nooooooooot really, if I gave Roy a killer weapon he'd still suck ass. You need stats to put killer weapons to good use.

On 6/7/2018 at 1:51 AM, Pengaius said:

image.jpeg

Nice, a meme of a youtuber I don't watch. Just what I needed.

On 6/7/2018 at 1:52 AM, DestructionDragon360 said:

I'm not sure if I'm misinterpreting, but...

You do know you don't have to Leave a unit on the switch, right?

I do, but what else am I going to do with Barth and Gonzo? Take them to Zephiel? No, thanks. The death count is long enough as it is.

On 10/7/2018 at 4:32 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

Well, it's not like Barth had much else to do.

Yeah, exactly.

Spoiler

kabBNSx.png

Last time, Barth did something. Such a marvel of nature must be watched at least twice.

u4mJjiQ.pngHWuAwRO.png

Today, we press onwards, to the throne room. Marcus is the first to make it there, with his liege and Cecilia hot on his trail.

9GAwDBD.pngpLSbjYU.png95gZOb0.pngjiKP4dV.png

Status effects galore! That's all right, Barth, feel free to take a nap. I have no more for you to do, anyhow.

idfsDNY.png

Ah, bullshit. Well, that's treasure gone. I just hope it's not important treasure I want, like the nosferatu tome for Niime.

8YICwP7.pngXlfUP0B.png

Eh, we'll worry about that when it becomes a problem. For now, let's set up the pre-throne room formation. It's important to let Roy stand before the handles of the gate, as he'll need to be there to trigger the cutscene that results in its opening.

qWwO3os.pngPICEIFK.png

Man, isn't that a bizarre sight? A General rescuing another unit to get them somewhere faster. Usually it's the other way around... or neither, given that Dougy is fat.

csI8xqU.png

Of course. Just my luck. And because FE6, I can't steal that back, and dropable items don't exist, so I simply have no way of getting that anymore. Great.

XimN8K4.png5nMFd8u.pngNnBH2GL.png

Ah, bullshit. Guess we'll have to wait for Sue to wake up. No matter. Reinforcements don't start appearing until the throne room is breached, so there's no harmed involved in dawdling about, which is why I sent Saul to cure her inmediately.

QruvRLm.png

Seriously, when did this turn into a David Lynch LP?

dtlE201.png

I even have unpromoted units fighting in the final chapter! This shouldn't be happening!

fJjU7n4.pngpkFBhUX.pngt04ZMOD.png

Well, there goes the Thief. I can't catch him, and it doesn't matter anymore. It's not like I need money: after next chapter, nothing but legendary weapons will be of consequence.

L8x6Fk1.png69ufcEB.png

Hmph! Damnit all, my lucky streak is over...

m0uPDFE.png

Not to such a ridiculous extent as that, though.

UFkY4tx.pngFZ95ZeW.png

Affordable losses. Ergh, I hope, there still are status effects in the next chapter...

yiUQSb6.pngEiODDZ5.pngkvK001e.pngT8sLb1k.png

Oh, you've got to be kidding me... Sueeee!

dkbE4Ns.png

Nice. Level for Gonzo.

DvBtM2P.png

Hey, at least you get to say you capped strength. That's more than most people can say. Because most people are dead.

rTOSOb3.pngeE6BQOq.png

Why, you... that could've been useful!

1bIXXeA.png

Piece of shit... c'mere! I'll take something from you if it kills me!

XpwynjW.png

There. At least we won't leave empty-handed.

os5Z4n8.png

Oh, crap...

0nLmP47.png

Nevermind, Astolfo is the best Thief. If only he could promote... he'd be remembered as the best Thief in the GBA series! ...most likely!

w9Rs3FZ.pngG3ZueDf.png

Movement.

HIYkjiv.pngSrcxspQ.png

Jikes! It's a good thing that wasn't Lilina, the actually promoted unit.

HWLuAY9.pngGrIJS2W.pngjccrTPn.png

Worth a shot. I think. There's not much point in killing this asshole, beyond pure schadenfreude.

RI2zXAe.png

Tht's a cool legendary flash frame I caught there. I was convinced it was no more than a simple white line, but it seems there's more going on than that.

7BiRdMg.pngtQR6T0y.pnghk8yiMT.pngHpB8nbM.png

Also, THIS UNDIVINE WORMHOLE SHALL PIERCE THE EXISTENTIAL REALMS!

qXm7oYv.png

Hah! Why not.

2jVhZfn.pngMPsficx.png

Why, you... enough is enough! How many more status charges can you cachinnating breathalysers possibly have in your pockets?

ZSgRe7L.png

Oh. As it turns out, no more. All the better for me.

GChdqwG.pngh1XFZkQ.pngMFWfpNo.png

Niime shall take this asshole down.

2yFKFlF.png

...and again.

KjZynUf.pngIQ8aXtf.png

Good. The moment of truth draws near.

m7rRvKo.png

Let's give the formation some final touches...

3lkYVCH.png

Pathetic. And you are Zephiel's elite. Pft!

ekWGUCo.png

Second switch, ladies and gentlemen. Remember what I said last update about this dialogue and Gonzales? Yep.

ISSMwPJ.pngMpf4L2O.png

The time has come.

QuRuVbf.png

No, we can't "open" the gate, that would be highly illogical. Instead, Roy waits around for a little while and the roof vanishes out of existance.

2MIgsJs.png

But first, words.

UpmdMjs.png

A mere child's allies babysitting him so he may make it so far, actually. But thanks. I don't deserve the credit.

bwPuSzK.pngdgfqK3P.pngpFltEfg.png

Why, yes, we're just going to have a friendly chat with the main antagonist about his motivations and his backstory. You thought otherwise? This may be a videogame, but it's still anime, if you couldn't tell by the neon colours and the existance of legendary weapons of higher power level than other, more mundane, weapons.

SoqOXg9.png

Nobody does, believe me. If people understood, he would've been ousted long ago.

3pH1Wt2.pngqjjBfuA.pngzXsEVzL.png

Ah, yes, it's time for Zephiel's spiel on how hateable humans are.

u4HGeeH.pngnCbRydf.png

He got you there, Roy. Erik, Legance, the Etrurian traitors, Sigune... you've witnessed such acts, indeed.

YH1HtSa.png6b4Rlri.pngCJPfEqz.png

I wonder how things would've played out if Zephiel looked away from his murderdad for a moment and realised that Murdock risked his neck to save him multiple times over. Damnit, Zephiel, why did you have to see the glass half-empty?

6ucWYQr.pngAfKuxWk.pngKJygjqp.pngfRbTcn5.png

And then, he put on his smuggest smile, thinking to himself that, fuck, he too could be as cool as the Murdock.

Sg6TJTJ.png74NNEOm.png

Oof! That's the sort of thing that makes pursuit music start playing in Ace Attorney. How will he retaliate?

y2QsWQt.png

Why, by avoiding the subject entirely! And that's not the worst part...

qU78fBQ.png

Roy falls for it like a bumbling idiot!

sIo3qao.pnga4Pe8GW.pngeiy9Q7b.png

My best friend would like Zephiel a lot. If he could read english, that is.

7jCZi9Q.pngZf29zyz.png

Roy, could you please say something? You could, say, point out the fact that all this deranged anger is also an illogical and contemptible emotion. But no, you're just standing there going "dodododododot". Stop making me feel like the good guys are losing this argument!

Me3IiRo.pngk4E1Nao.pngWixN4Ct.png9JACKik.png

This plan fails in so many levels, it's quite amazing. So let's say you won the war. Then what? Do you murder all your army, up to and including the guy who saved your life multiple times over and the woman who believed in you (and probably loved you), all by yourself?

cOQCeGI.png

This guy is so very insane. But at least he has a clear goal.

F7fteZO.pngaN8hjsS.png

But you want to kill him before he does know... do you expect to lose?

iVlOp7c.pngioH7fg7.png

Well, stoves would be a thing of the past, for one thing.

CV8ECUK.pngiauqXKO.pngwwxrBcG.pngGtKoKZH.png

I mean, technically, it's true, but it's also an existance devoid of meaning or purpose. Just like ours. Except the dragons probably wouldn't ruin the world around them and purposely boycott themselves for some green paper.

Why am I finding myself agreeing with the insane antagonist of FE6?

GkoUhDT.pngIVeQFAg.pngjWJIbCc.pngu4EHH7v.png

What amuses me is that he's incapable of building a passable argument. Where's the Roy that figured Delphin out and proceeded to roast him when he's needed? This is pathetic.

dXsPj13.pngT0pOzjl.png

Hoohoo! Yes! Let's murder this deeply depressed man whose dad tried to murder him! Do you want to burn to death, Zeph? Perhaps have your head cleaved in half, or a lance through the gut... oh, oh, or maybe an arrow to the throat would do it! So many options, and so little time... but first, reinforcements!

iVfoA80.png

5m51fLw.pngrBxYzAO.png

gGVWqDw.pngHdeUyqZ.png

3yJLrbp.pngXffoWfk.png

SZfO0Ko.png66dQ8e7.png

jFlnzjE.pngXiN3WOv.png

xJ1a43C.pngUhQ7zFJ.png

0rzwXdk.pngveLhffV.png

jmFLdVL.png3pefE5J.png

EgP837m.pngFhlbkK8.pngbxm2Hl2.pngefTZKXV.png

rs6wqdF.png

1DAuFCZ.pngY7SDue6.png

1xcGhQC.png

UtFqkkl.png

coTpKhL.png

E0WqoXV.pngS6NGZcG.png

zXY7ohy.png

BWIiEuc.pngdSwTR0g.png

31FDCwE.png

4kg8vl4.png

syz3swa.png

pyUlBjI.pngQvp6hdD.png

mOkcSyc.pngTuFuWP7.png

4X32e7b.png

Z5OsmpV.pngpN98sw2.pngoZsFdS3.png

ApUoy2a.png

cMMZZz7.png

npKeQhK.png4GtJTUb.png

pwYJdnR.pngatWHV83.pngg2Ld406.png

yBjBubq.png

Q9FSda0.pngEVzhOgZ.png

rMQPA4n.png

XN7DzcH.png

XA4fcus.png6LoNKak.png

6LuPZJ3.pngErZ13jZ.png

H0iOl5A.png

0tU87eI.png

2q9QTXl.png

YffRFwc.png

4hodCg8.pngM1KxAIF.png

J9h6FuR.png6sb7uS4.png

HFAg3vJ.png

fXYGZaQ.png

vh0aN41.png

Those reinforcements are basically your time limit: if you let them reach the throne room, you'll be sandwiched between two fronts. Heroes, Snipers and Druids is a rather strong combination, and when you direct your eyes towards the throne room...

5Kj6GHU.png

...yeah, be quick about it if you can.

3pBzqIK.pngJMKKe2B.png

Here is the man himself, and I don't know if it's just me or what, but I've always found him to be terribly underwhelming as a boss. Peres notwithstanding, after...

1rchmyP.png

...this monstrosity, anybody would've thought the sky was the limit, but as it turns out... 14 speed is the limit, after all. His weapon is hilarious, but he's not going to double anybody with it, and... well, I think only Niime would get one-shot by him. Of course, Murdock, too, couldn't double anyone, but there's the fact that, despite Zephiel having pretty good defenses, they're still worse than Murdock's, except his resistance. He even has one less HP than him! What the heck happened?

Well, I'll tell you what happened: Zephiel himself was thrown into the same sack as Dougy, Hugh and Raigh. In other words, much like the unfortunate trio of recruitable enemies, Zephiel's stats aren't boosted in hard mode. There's literally only one more boss that shares this distinction, and she's also a final boss.

But wait, there's more! While Zephiel's initial bodyguards are better than Murdock's (two Knights, really?), they come out of those stair tiles, meaning once you clear the throne room, you can cancel them out and focus on Zephiel himself alone. As well, nobody with a siege tome appears to help Zeph from afar. Meanwhile, in chapter 7 times 3, Murdock's reinforcements were unblockable and he had a Sage with bolting with him in the shrine, so you had to deal with those cheating Wyvern Lords and the bolting Sage while making your way around the shrine towards Murdock.

I'm not going to be so cocky as to say that I won't lose anybody while fighting Zephiel. As much as I'm trying to downplay it, the throne room isn't exactly a walk in the park. But it's no chapter 21, and while I like the "desperate last stand" feel to it, in this case, I think it would've been better if this chapter was more challenging. C'mon, at least make all the enemies promoted! Don't throw Mercenary scrubs like that's the sort of shit you should be doing in the final chapter!

9hYQEBT.pngg1WVSCQ.png

Oh well, let's get going. I fear this first turn more than anything else. If we make it through the first turn, it'll all be fine.

wKpPu90.png

Nice! That'll help. No speed makes me sad, but defense makes me happy.

JfKbjzd.png

And... uh...

SyvNuBH.png

...crap, no, I can't afford to get doubled by a fenrir Druid...

gUFaLuz.pngJihbRZs.png

Hmph... see, this is why I was so worried. It might be really easy after the initial onslaught, but the initial onslaught itself... is another story.

5jnTGpH.png

...I... I don't even know how I should react.

5A03pYk.png

Look, a distraction! Too bad, but it was useful while it lasted, at least.

WmT80ID.png

Dang... well, let's hope for the best. This is going to be Lot, Dougy, and Wade's ultimate test.

LmjvS4q.png

Ah, shit... I consider these to be part of the first assault too, because there's nothing you can do to stop them. After this, you get two full turns to have people sit on the stair tiles. The only question is, will there be enough people left standing after this brutality?

c7zriFR.png

Of course! This is Lot we're talking about.

WwnvczW.png

Wade... Wade, sad as I am to admit it, I'm not so sure about.

ywk1bPh.pngUe73s3r.png

Jesus Christ on a bike, I'm going to lose Wade too?! No! I need a good ending...

fG2ipxc.png

Okay, let's not lose our heads yet... I think there's only one enemy left in range... it's not the most unlikely dodge ever.

RK3Jgil.pngXMF4GUK.png

...ah, Wade's dead, ain't he.

ZRaoyP6.png

Oh, God.

jII2Biq.png

You know that comment I made last update about my ass cheeks hurting from scrunching them so hard? Well, at this point, I practically tore myself inside out. Multiple times over.

RQCGJZn.png

Fuck... aaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAA--

OUHhApL.png

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! FUCK YEAH! I SHOULD'VE KNOWN BETTER THAN TO DOUBT YOU, ZALWADE!

NUIMtWu.pngvPYnN4B.png

H-holy... hahahah! You were once so proud, yet that pride blinded you from the fact that, despite the odds seemingly being in your favour, you chose POORLY!!

sIvRdzg.png

We may have a chance... ah, what I wouldn't give for the Saint's Staff now. But if we can get the good ending without it, I'll be satisfied.

S9TjkK6.pngQluI7Zw.png

No sense in pussyfooting around. Time to whip out the big guns.

y3RJHEP.pngX691ou7.png

(Cecilia is helping too!)

k5COvzm.pngLhOkVzP.png

Even the neigh-broken big guns.

MlHabdk.png83Eadgn.png

I probably shouldn't have risked that, but it was necessary. I needed this guy out of the picture post-haste.

dvmDUgG.png

I could also have had Wade retreat, but I need as many guys out of the picture as possible. This guy, for example, could've put a mean dent to Dougy, and that is just unacceptable.

zW56Bgt.png

Marcus and Roy--

Pmgh1L1.png

You little...

BLITHERING BOMBARDIER! SCOOTING ECTOPLASM! FRESHWATER SWAB! GODFORSAKEN EPYLEPSY! HALF-WITTED IMBECILE! MACROCEPHALIC BABOON! YOU, YOU... YOU ROY! YOU ARE GOING TO COST US EVERYTHING, YOU WORTHLESS, SAD, PATHETIC EXCUSE OF A PROTAGONIST!

yObxULv.pngvEf1L3y.png

Even Sue is being useful, man... thank you, Sue, for pulling through after I doubted you so vehemently. Thank you for proving us all wrong. No more fenrir means my heart rate is no longer as critical as before.

odJHvD7.png

...tch... ffffgah... it's raising again... unnhhh...

k0HTxEq.png

Ack... no, I can't risk that... damnit, man! Sure, I could've healed with Lili and Saul, but in this case, I think that wouldn't have done me much good. I need less enenies, and fast.

b6Qt1E8.png

Of course, and he can still reach him. But at least now he's within Igrene's support range.

gbkd66E.png

No. This won't do. That Bishop can finish Wade off, and the Snipers could zero-in on one of my squishies (say, Lilina, who's also holding the all-important Forblaze) and that'll be the end of it.

I need a distraction... something that can get at least one of the Snipers to waste his turn... then, if anything, we'll have one casualty...

pgkRK2U.png

...no...

No, there has to be another way...

botWu1k.png

I'm sorry, Raigh. I'm so, so, so very sorry.

21o26Y9.png

I... words cannot express just how... please forgive me!

H8ZxHPf.png

I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

zq3uN92.png

Crap! Fuck! Balderdash! This is all Roy's fault! If he didn't suck ten tiny dicks all at once - because he does not deserve big dicks - while getting ass-pounded by... an industrial torque, I wouldn't have had to do this! Are you proud of yourself, Roy!? ARE YOU PROUD OF YOUR FUCKING PATHETIC SELF?! YOU MADE ME KILL A(nother) CHILD! GOD DAMN YOU TO HELL I'm going to get banned for this, am I...

zq3uN92.png

Crap! Fuck! Balderdash! This is all Roy's fault! If he didn't suck ten tiny dicks all at once - because he does not deserve big dicks - while getting ass-pounded by... an industrial torque, I wouldn't have had to do this!

Pictured: how to make puppies cry. I probably shouldn't be so proud of it, should I?

A4clRLT.pngx8FtoZo.png

Sleep well, Chad. Say "hi" to Lugh for me. And don't worry... those bastards are going to hell. It's personal now, damnit! I know, it's a game, but... who cares, we are all nerds that give games far too much importance.

48Mj3TN.pngvLxiPWz.png

Burn. Burn for your mistake. See, this could've cost Lilina her life if Chad hadn't heroically sacrificed himself. Sure, she dodged, but I couldn't have known that. I regret everything, especially starting this LP.

wYwctRI.png

No, no, nonononononono... not you too! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! STOP IT! KILL BARTH IF YOU WILL, BUT NOT... NOT WADE!

7gekjLM.pngNo... hah... hah... nope... that's not how I'm gonna go down... I... promised Lot... Mary... Mieu... I won't... let them down...!

7gekjLM.pngYou... I will not give you the pleasure! HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!

i1YlAKs.png

OH MY GOD HE DODGED AGAIN, HE DODGED AGAIN, LIFE ISN'T SO BAD AFTER ALL!

7gekjLM.pngUnnnhh...

Vi856mF.pngW-Wade! Hold yourself together!

7gekjLM.pngHeheh... I take my promises... very seriously, pal...

Vi856mF.pngWade... healer! Healer, I need a healer, quick!

2KXjEwj.pngI'm on it! Lilina, dispatch the enemy, quick!

hwz1Hwx.pngR-right!

8tyDzHY.png

hwz1Hwx.pngI won't let you harm my friends!

Xb8ZQ0W.pngLilina! Look out! He's still alive!

cCeQZsQ.png

hwz1Hwx.pngRoy...

Xb8ZQ0W.pngLilina, don't lose focus! We're still in the middle of a battle!

hwz1Hwx.pngYes... yes, of course! I'm sorry!

L4aVW2c.png

Vi856mF.pngWade! Are you feeling better?! Say something!

7gekjLM.pngI've been better... oof... but I'll live.

Vi856mF.pngOh, thank goodness... that was too close.

7gekjLM.pngTell me that... dang... I never thought I'd tire of fighting, but... I could use some rest now...

Vi856mF.pngDon't worry. It will soon be over. I will make sure of it!

7gekjLM.pngBreak a leg, bro...

P6t9Hyi.pnghFAFzZY.pngWDnYFJQ.png

That's two reinforcement tiles down. We might make it yet.

7hdOmgN.pngWOwJmfs.png

Lot caps out, just in time for the not-finale.

ul2IS9d.png

Not the best note to end one's leveling career on, but he's such a ridiculously good unit, I'm fine with it.

ub5GLDi.png

One enemy. That's all that can happen now. One single enemy.

uUsywuw.png

And he didn't even show up. Yes...

T6FSEKc.pngRQwBMVK.png

More healing for the best among the best.

tW2B7ax.pngHxe8Qw6.png

And Marcus is on his way to stop the reinforcements from appearing.

ybn6ETA.pngdcprt6s.png

He couldn't reach the tile on time, but who cares? It's just one dinky Sniper. The battle is as good as over now.

P4WyzkA.pngGEkkO5w.png

Still, best safe than sorry.

nKLcdUs.pngn4uzX6l.png

Whoa, Roy doubling someone!

gbToBMa.png

Whoa, a bad Roy level!

cpnjdXU.pngoCU0OMt.pngzQeYReP.pngnX0Ktpv.png

Next turn...

jqLVW9Q.png

0216gum.pngYes! I snuck past though those juggernauts! Hahah... all I have to do now is reach the Etrurians, and soon, all the world shall know of my name: Bagoundh!

0216gum.pngYou will be the first to die by my hand! Prepare yourself!

Q32mRal.png

Oh, I forgot about Barth!

uvlxMni.pngJOcSpI2.png

Well, I mean... you'll have to forgive me for not giving a damn, but... I don't give a damn.

wTw6fUl.png

Why is his quote a boring version of Chad's boring (regular) quote?

OzQalTe.png

0216gum.pngHah hah hah! Today, I bathe in glory! More enemies, moooore!

0216gum.png...where's everybody?

ygLIhyz.png

Look at that hefty damage!

VqoIHkj.png

Simple, but effective. Zephiel's quote.

This for increased epicness. I don't really understand the image, but the remix is good.

IcE8xl0.png1fpnDAx.png4mILpyc.pnguj5t3kc.png

One hit. Not bad.

JMPuUTc.png

Roy won't help, mostly because I want him to be ready to seize as soon as Zeph dies.

DO8Bnpv.png

7gekjLM.pngMake way! I will face the king!

Vi856mF.pngWade, you-- ah... what the heck, there's no point in arguing, is there?

7gekjLM.pngNope!

Vi856mF.pngVery well. Good luck.

7gekjLM.pngHah, excellent! Prepare yourself, Zephiel, for here I come, Wade!

G1PpAdB.pngNorvrSz.png

Nice, he hit too! Not critically, but that's life.

mxbML6N.png

No. Just no.

ir3hq77.pngvwt9Ia4.pngEW8h17k.png

Cool. That was some good work, Lilina.

r4pMp01.png8cnsFRt.png

No matter. There's no point in hurrying.

eCvWowo.pngYiIyfaS.png2UpSeqI.pnglpxG3a8.png

Nice! She got him this time around!

H08m7Q6.pngXZpCdNs.png

Blech. C'mon! Don't let up, guys!

utc5R79.pngv62pr2c.png

Truly, the axe siblings are the best.

snmnpIB.png

Now, the moment everyone's been looking forward to... because, everyone expects Marcus to kill Zephiel, right? It's the only possible conclusion!

...well, I'm thinking, he's killed every boss for a long time. He's even killed Murdock, an even greater opponent than Zephiel. So... I think, just this once, I will let somebody else have the honour of this kill. I will let somebody else end the war.

And, you know what... he may not have joined the army seeking fame and glory... but I believe he deserves at least a little bit of it, after all he's done. After how hard he's worked. After he's saved this LP so many times.

AuZj9kU.pngb5apGDy.png

Lot... he's all yours.

Sa2h4sr.png8kmulv0.png

Vi856mF.pngI only became a mercenary to earn money for my family... but now, I see that there are bigger things at stake than that. You have caused such suffering... I can't just look away from that. I will not back down.

Vi856mF.pngFor my family, for my friends, for the fallen, and for all of humanity... I will put you out of your misery now!

7gekjLM.pngWoo! Hit him hard, bro! We're all counting in you!

uLZytCK.pngplQngOu.pngBFxPp1U.pngXIevPY9.png

Lot, do it! I believe in you!

0UDlpZb.pnghBp4f0e.png

C'mooon... c'mooooooooon... Lot...! FINISH THIS!

BOvVqxI.png

HELL YEAH! YOU'RE THE BEST, LOT, ALWAYS! I NEVER STOPPED BELIEVING IN YOU! NEVER! I WAS NOT MISTAKEN! HAHAHAH, YEEES!

G00PVKA.png

It's over.

YV8uUEz.png

hzyxCov.pngeWhHwPm.png

CmabLXN.png

4VY5Ah3.png

Hin26Pr.png

And thus ends the life of King Zephiel of Bern. He'll join his daddy in death now. Ain't that a riot?

TBOD6X8.png

Oh, right, gotta have Roy seize. Yeah... surely you must feel accomplished. You've been just so useful, Roy!

Fo2LcHP.png7c5RzRf.png

What, no traps this time around, Merlinus? Is this what they call "character development"?

VEc70F6.png7KbH7tW.pngMYQKDlJ.png

Ah, so it's Little Shit this time. Ah-ha.

V2an4Y9.pngq1M2xmk.pngcqGAKgX.png

This isn't an appropriate reaction to the disappearance of the dragon factory. You guys need to get chasing her at once.

NkIP3hw.pngh4xg87p.png

Suddenly, the screen flashes!

if80gtk.pngrw2u1y6.png

Guess this means the staff wasn't needed after all. Still, thanks for the cheat codes, UnknownGamer. They helped make me feel better before this.

QmttNLC.pngY9NWNgN.pngTk7Gnk9.png

They didn't let Zephiel akimbo-wield the Binding Blade and the Eckesachs, now they've pulled this line out of their asses so that Roy can't akimbo-wield the Binding Blade and the Eckesachs either. They have a thing against ambidexterity, don't they?

e5Kmnp9.pngpWLVNSc.png

Isn't that convenient.

7CBjmVL.png

For the love of-- will you stop pretending to be a parrot already? How many of these lines will the game throw my way before Idoun falls? Damnit all!

AHd4LgS.pngTjZYkTQ.pngc8BTGDi.png

Cool. Let's get going. Time's a-ticking.

dikgcwk.pngRGIWABL.pngIPAwdSU.pngDEEhq0U.png

Well, I mean... yes, it gives 2 stat boosts instead of just 1, but how is this important?

BcDnfPf.png

The power to help you up into mid-low tier. Er, low mid-low tier.

Bk4DAvV.pngcPuh1xV.pngC4C1gQ1.pngd1U6MFA.png

Yes, good, good! Let us march!

1DIbsyO.pngc5xcRNc.pngXeR9BnY.png

Gooooooooo!

gLC0KWl.png

Finally... maybe I'm being overcritical, but... is this really the sort of sequence that belongs after the death of the main antagonist? "Let's write ten times more words about legendary weapon semantics than about the death of the main baddie!". Forgive me for being uncharacteristically arrogant, but I feel like my own custom dialogue during the final battle was more climatic than this.

i5NNmOp.png

Next time, we face Brunja and the last of Bern in the last chapter that is good features human enemies. 'Til then, I hope you farewel.

mhD9wkf.png

oRZdy13.pngfNTciwt.png

DUN3REH.png

vaETWuB.png

OU5EfZd.pngwuMwkZs.png

uP6tQrd.png

573CWBX.png

Tuzgdmk.png

Rkh96DQ.png

TaI36K8.png

COP49ZO.pngEAy2gr9.png

Pwg7Fu8.png

nl2y6al.png

Ysm3wJm.png1Xh3IGn.png

T8ZatMl.png

V8x6Q0X.png

OSjv2C1.pngQvtVp6v.pngXvPGFIc.png

ZHwFT58.pngvPy9AXr.png

pem61cI.pngUKj2kE0.png

gGooUAT.pngdyqY70l.png

qlzxxV4.png

cgSVrxE.png

n2sUDSS.png6LkIzuG.png

kc4fHX5.png

jTazGhw.png

To be continued.

Death count: Bors
                        Wolt
                        Deke
                        Lugh

Rutger
                        Noah
                        Clarine
                        Lance
                        Jerrot

Fir
                        Wendy
                        Og
ier
                        Treck
                        Barth

Bartre

Elen
                        Echidna
                        Cath
                        Sophia

Raigh

Zeiss

Ta
te
                        Lalum
                        Igrene
                        Astolfo
                        Lilina
                        Cecilia
                        Interest

Dorothy
                        Perceval
                        Everybody

Hugh

Yoder
                        Juno

Chad
                        Barth

*Discharged

*Only dead in Ilia

*Only dead in route B

*Only dead in route A

*Only dead in Sacae

*???

Reset count (Roy's death): 8

Dishonorable reset count (other reasons): 2

Merlinus death count: 15

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Crap! Fuck! Balderdash! This is all Roy's fault! If he didn't suck ten tiny dicks all at once - because he does not deserve big dicks - while getting ass-pounded by... an industrial torque, I wouldn't have had to do this! Are you proud of yourself, Roy!? ARE YOU PROUD OF YOUR FUCKING PATHETIC SELF?! YOU MADE ME KILL A(nother) CHILD! GOD DAMN YOU TO HELL

Hey, Y'know what rhymes with Chad? Bad! U mad?

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

wTw6fUl.png

OOF!

And, so Ostia loses its last knight who will guard Lillina now?

As a side note, I feel you storytelling skills have really developed over the course of the bad Fanfic

6 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, I'll tell you what happened: Zephiel himself was thrown into the same sack as Dougy, Hugh and Raigh. In other words, much like the unfortunate trio of recruitable enemies, Zephiel's stats aren't boosted in hard mode. There's literally only one more boss that shares this distinction, and she's also a final boss.

tidbit on this part: the reason why Zephiel doesn't get hard mode bonuses (or noticeable ones, rather) is because the growths of his King class (which would be used to determine his hard mode bonuses) are all set to 0%, aside from HP which is 10%. Basically, he technically gets Hard Mode bonuses, but they only amount to 1-2 HP, nothing more. (The final boss is in the same situation.)

For Douglas, Hugh, and Raigh, who are all in normal classes, the situation is different; there's actually a list of numbers in the game's data indicating character slots which shouldn't get hard mode bonuses, which includes all recruitable enemies (plus Cecilia, which might indicate she was originally planned to be a recruitable enemy?) The reason why they still get bonuses despite this is because the game only checks the list for characters who are loaded on the map immediately; all recruitable enemies besides those three, and Ch13 Perceval (but who actually recruits him there lol), are loaded in as reinforcements, so they get bonuses. (It's worth noting that Dougy boy wouldn't get bonuses anyway because he isn't recruited on the same map where he's an enemy, and Hugh might not if his reduced stats are hard-coded, but Raigh definitely got screwed)

For curiosity's sake, here's how HM Zephiel might look if the King class had the General's growths (used for comparison to Murdock's sake, and that King is most similar to General anyway):

kHAGjGH.png

Certainly more formidable, but his Speed is still in a hole.

Spoiler

just finished reading the update, rip chad

Edited by Ruminant

21 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

dtlE201.png

I even have unpromoted units fighting in the final chapter! This shouldn't be happening!

Uncanny. I may be biased towards axe users, but watching an unpromoted Gonzales actually contribute at all this late in the game is staggering.

ekWGUCo.png

Second switch, ladies and gentlemen. Remember what I said last update about this dialogue and Gonzales? Yep.

Gonzales learned English... or the programmers/writers got lazy. Take your pick.

Sg6TJTJ.png74NNEOm.png

Oof! That's the sort of thing that makes pursuit music start playing in Ace Attorney. How will he retaliate?

y2QsWQt.png

Why, by avoiding the subject entirely! And that's not the worst part...

This reminds me of my brother's method of arguing. He'd ignore the point made and make reference to some irrelevant technicality. For some reason he never became a lawyer like he intended. "My client isn't guilty of manslaughter, because the crime was premeditated making it murder" doesn't go down well in court I guess.

5jnTGpH.png

...I... I don't even know how I should react.

Laws of probability said it had to happen eventually. Now without magic sucking up one of the RNGs, it was slightly more likely.

A4clRLT.pngx8FtoZo.png

Sleep well, Chad. Say "hi" to Lugh for me. And don't worry... those bastards are going to hell. It's personal now, damnit! I know, it's a game, but... who cares, we are all nerds that give games far too much importance.

Raigh never cops a break. I should have known this'd happen when you had the intro going into the chapter as it where...

0216gum.pngYes! I snuck past though those juggernauts! Hahah... all I have to do now is reach the Etrurians, and soon, all the world shall know of my name: Bagoundh!

0216gum.pngYou will be the first to die by my hand! Prepare yourself!

The terrible plan, the smug grin. A bad name. Another Morgan recolour. How will Bag-in-the-groundh fair?

Q32mRal.png

Oh, I forgot about Barth!

uvlxMni.pngJOcSpI2.png

Well, I mean... you'll have to forgive me for not giving a damn, but... I don't give a damn.

wTw6fUl.png

OzQalTe.png

Better than expected for a Morgan recolour. Also the fact that Barth was capable of damage is somehow hilarious.

My notion for a Jeigan lord was a little different from Sigurd, in that the idea was to have a character who is an older man, already grey. He would be king of a nation that had known peace for decades thanks to the reputation he earned in battle in his youth. But alas the peace has resulted in his army all being too young to have experienced war. As such he, much like Marcus, feels that it's his obligation to bear the brunt of battle despite being well past his prime when rival kingdoms decide to take advantage of his old age and attack his nation, feeling with him old and his old comrades gone, they were but a pale shadow of their past selves. He starts with high weapon ranks and good bases, perhaps has a couple bonus skill slots, suffers poor growths, and gets a good personal weapon in the later half of the game to make sure his usefulness doesn't drop off too much. Basically the idea was to merge the Jeigan and lord arch-types and have a character growth arc where, much like Marcus' supports with Roy, the king learns to trust in his soldiers rather than trying to do everything himself, and gains a peace knowing that even when his time comes, his kingdom will be in good hands, resolving his underlying fear that the kingdom had become dependent on his reputation from times past.

Edit: I noticed in hindsight that I read Siegfried as Sigurd. I can explain this surely enough by the fact the hero in Nordic/Teutonic legend is referred to depending on the region as Sigurd or Siegfried, and that because I have a bias towards the Sigurd spelling I automatically translate it in my head except when dealing with a certain sword. I'm leaving the error anyway, because the alternative is pretending I know anything about The Last Promise beyond it being a romhack, so I'm not overly sure of the similarities and how far they go.

While I'm at the edit, on a totally unrelated note, I kind of had my idea for a grizzled lord more from the Conan pastiches by L. Sprague De Camp set after Robert E. Howard left off (due to being claimed by depression). Not sure how familiar anyone is with the character or the source, but the parts I drew most inspiration for were the stories "Witch of the Mists", "Black Sphinx of Nebthu", "Red Moon of Zembabwei", and "Shadows in the Skull" where Conan is past his prime, so his old enemy, the sorceror Thoth-Amon gathers up the support of several other sorcerors to take advantage of Conan's kingdom of Aquilonia's percieved weakness, for Thoth Amon's sorcery has kept him vital through the years while Conan has aged. With Conan's heir a boy of 13 summers, now is the time to strike before the whelp has been trained. Conan sets out on the quest to protect his then helpless son, but by the fourth and final story's end, prince Conn (because Conan's wife refused to have Conan the second hence compromise) strikes down the mage saving his father. Next time we see Conan, in Conan of the Isles, he leaves his kingdom to his older, but now proven son while taking up one last quest before sailing off into the unknown.

That said, if it worked in novel form, and comic form, a similar story should work in video game form... and this one I think a Fire Emblem style game is the way to do it best justice. I mean, Red Moon of Zembabwei had wyvern riders in it for crying out loud. The thing is, while the core principles of the novel and my theoretical game are the same in my mind, what makes the big differences are the gameplay aspects. Which are why this is something I feel should be done. It's a unique chance to have the gameplay and storyline correlate in a beneficial way to both. It gives the lord a canon reason for the mid-game drop-off. This brings us to my other reason for thinking of it. Roy's late promotion. Though after watching your Marcus, it's kind of like having this old idea realized by an actual Jeigan rather than the Lord.... who isn't even up to the scratch of a regular Jeigan.

Anyway, that's enough of my kooky idea that will probably never see any form of release because I have all the rom-hacking skill of a cicada and have 2 free days a week tops.

Edited by Mad-manakete
to put way too much text about my idea and lampshade my errors.

10 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

0Rnh05K.pngur1PKr1.png

Hmm, eachother.

He just rushed to finish that sentence. Or it's a typo.

VQrIGNN.png

Man, Legolas/Gimli seems like the most accurate comparison.

Spoiler

LG1.png
LG2.png
LG3.png

Lookin' forward to it.

Something dumb for now:

SIE.png

I think I figured out the evolutionary line.

Ahhhh, I see. Hey, who knows... Frost has so little characterization in FE12, and Merric's dad is unknown, so I could likely establish him as being Merric's dad and it would probably work.

I was suggesting Merric was his grandson.

Oh, Rein has an alt too? A completely uninteresting character save for the memes has an alt but the actual characters with character don't? Heroes... damnit.

Eh, Rein has a pretty decent amount going on in Thracia anyway.

The real issue is that the banner which gave us Leif gave us that second Rein. I did get Leif at least, so nbd with hindsight, but alts really need to get out of regular banners.

I don't see why. In case the Durandal breaks? In case you've forgotten, I literally have no swordusers aside from Marcus.

>Forgets swordlord

It sucks to be Roy.

3yJLrbp.pngXffoWfk.png

"I mean, having to watch Marth kill Medeus on the sidelines was a wakeup call how I could be so much stronger."

EgP837m.pngFhlbkK8.pngbxm2Hl2.pngefTZKXV.png

Is that supposed to be Matthis or Frost he's on about?

NUIMtWu.pngvPYnN4B.png

H-holy... hahahah! You were once so proud, yet that pride blinded you from the fact that, despite the odds seemingly being in your favour, you chose POORLY!!

This was the moment that the mage reconsidered everything he'd ever done. Before he heard screaming about accuracy when firing a bow and a fade to white.

I... words cannot express just how... please forgive me!

H8ZxHPf.png

I'M SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

It was bound to happen.

I knew there'd be trouble.

I didn't expect a straight up sacrifice.

i1YlAKs.png

OH MY GOD HE DODGED AGAIN, HE DODGED AGAIN, LIFE ISN'T SO BAD AFTER ALL!

Well, now we know that Chad was a blood sacrifice.

How else did he dodge two fatal attacks in quick succession?

7gekjLM.pngTell me that... dang... I never thought I'd tire of fighting, but... I could use some rest now...

Vi856mF.pngDon't worry. It will soon be over. I will make sure of it!

Don't tell them about the dragon shrine.

uvlxMni.pngJOcSpI2.png

Eh, it's Barth.

wTw6fUl.png

Barth is boring.

That's exactly why.

Vi856mF.pngFor my family, for my friends, for the fallen, and for all of humanity... I will put you out of your misery now!

7gekjLM.pngWoo! Hit him hard, bro! We're all counting in you!

I didn't expect that Lot of all people would be executing the king.

Also, it's "counting on you!"

Tuzgdmk.png

We all know how that went last time. Stop it Raigh.

Next time, Brunja will attempt to give the cold shoulder and we get to see if Karel is going to even get a mention.

14 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

My Roy is behind in strength, speed and luck by just a couple points or less, ahead in HP and res by one point, and on par in skill and defense. In other words, no crazy deviations from his averages. So, no, my Roy isn't sad by his standards, he's sad because he's on his standards. I have the Roy that the devs had in mind, and that just makes him case even more egregious.

Wow, didn't realize his averages were quite around there, granted being a few points lower in both strength and speed can actually be significant, though probably not much by this point in the game.

Guess this means the staff wasn't needed after all. Still, thanks for the cheat codes, UnknownGamer. They helped make me feel better before this.

Good that they weren't needed I guess, but again, happy to help!

It's true that my solution is kind of... eh.

Hey, it's done you great so far!

You can't get a spear and runesword either, and the wind sword, short spear and shine just don't exist at all. I've always found FE6 to be a really wacky game when it comes to item availability.

I'd forgotten about those ones too. At the very least I think a few of them you get from characters in trial maps like the Runesword on Narcian, though that hardly counts IMO.

There's not much room for hoping, given how little updates are left. But do hope.

And oh gosh after this update...trying to brace myself for more inevitable depressing feels later. Somehow I had a feeling this would happen when you brought Chad along. But yeah, still holding out my hope for Lugh...which will probably make it worse...question though. After the last actual content update are you gonna keep up replying to people's replies to that for a little?

Oh, and I think you might have missed it since I edited it in way later, but you should check out the link I posted at the end of my last comment (though apologies if you did see it). I'll quote it here for convenience:

On 7/5/2018 at 3:20 AM, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Also, just saw something I think you might enjoy: https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2018/07/07/fe6-7-complete-character-poll-results-and-comment-translations-2004/

Basically it's a translation of a bunch of the japanese comments that went along with the old FE6/7 popularity poll, some of which are amazing when it comes to the bosses in this game. For example, Ohtz is in dead last out of 80 with the only comment being "his sprite is re-used." Also Orlo is at 55, over characters like Lot and Wade, Guinevere, Douglas, Niime, Astolfo (poor him at 75th),  and a few more.

Edited by Unknown Gamer11

On 13/7/2018 at 10:01 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

You're still keeping that up?

You're still keeping this up?

Last time, Barth did something. Such a marvel of nature must be watched at least twice.

I honestly don't think Barth such a bad unit.

What is an armorknight´s purpose in gameplay? Being a def tank. What is the thing that Barth does better than every other knight? Def tanking.

Damnit, Zephiel, why did you have to see the glass half-empty?

Because that's what Roy is for.

Why am I finding myself agreeing with the insane antagonist of FE6?

We need a r/zephieldidnothingwrong.

There's literally only one more boss that shares this distinction, and she's also a final boss.

Not quite. She gets +1hp.

This for increased epicness. I don't really understand the image, but the remix is good.

For the first 15 or so seconds I thought it was the pokemon theme song.

On 13/7/2018 at 9:21 PM, Dayni said:

Something dumb for now:

SIE.png

Judgfirus had better be a fire type.

9 hours ago, Franp3 said:

They're all fire types. Hellfire types.

Speaking of, am I the only one who has made a magic user avatar in Awakening, named him "Frollo", and had him use "Elfire" tomes the whole game as a pun? (Also kept him away from Olivia for obvious reasons).

F8H4zZ6.png

pNk7Zp2.png

FEXrf9E.png

LSVKIPv.pngazIrNEj.pngegim07P.png

zQ7N0QD.pngUuRImtE.png

KuJrp3n.jpg

wkB7BsM.pngmNHKV7d.png

nRHJioq.pngXPAD0DC.pngocVt7Pv.png

XcDtwM5.png

IWVFZOu.pngFjSeUfr.png

f6C8CvT.png

gLmK25M.pnglzfUAQl.png

TWpWRgy.png

bF3Cm2t.png

yrSwE6R.pngYk3ybA3.png

YVYrYj3.pngfnqUNdN.pngLQCa5Bz.png

TwII6lB.png

MyjS1Yg.png4GABZLv.png

86FmhGb.png

H6M1fbX.png

vLC2cdw.pngTAJIvdG.pngmbW9PXj.png

aRio91q.png

alD3tD1.png

FxWreWo.png

DBs5tJr.pngSxWZ2xu.png

N2nnVij.png

R9Chm36.png

G5JC46t.png

9i5IoLi.png

Part 51 - Prelude to disaster.

I take longer and longer to push these updates every time, don't I? I'm sorry, but given that we're reaching the climax of the game, the crap fanfic's starting to overwhelm me a little. It takes time to write all that, y'know? But it's worth it, in my humble opinion. Let's see what you think of this. Suffice to say, I've had this conclusion in mind since chapter 7. The rest, I made up as I went, but not this. I do hope I can manage a decent ending, at least.

On 13/7/2018 at 5:43 PM, Pengaius said:

Hey, Y'know what rhymes with Chad? Bad! U mad?

Yes, I mad, as a matter of fact.

OOF!

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF

And, so Ostia loses its last knight who will guard Lillina now?

Astolfo. Assuming Igrene doesn't bite the dust too, that is. If she does, all he'll fight is his urge to off himself also.

As a side note, I feel you storytelling skills have really developed over the course of the bad Fanfic

Oh, hey, praise! And from you! What a shocker. Thanks, man!

On 13/7/2018 at 9:06 PM, Ruminant said:

tidbit on this part: the reason why Zephiel doesn't get hard mode bonuses (or noticeable ones, rather) is because the growths of his King class (which would be used to determine his hard mode bonuses) are all set to 0%, aside from HP which is 10%. Basically, he technically gets Hard Mode bonuses, but they only amount to 1-2 HP, nothing more. (The final boss is in the same situation.)

Yeah, this, I knew, but it still doesn't make any sense. Why, IntSys?

For Douglas, Hugh, and Raigh, who are all in normal classes, the situation is different; there's actually a list of numbers in the game's data indicating character slots which shouldn't get hard mode bonuses, which includes all recruitable enemies (plus Cecilia, which might indicate she was originally planned to be a recruitable enemy?) The reason why they still get bonuses despite this is because the game only checks the list for characters who are loaded on the map immediately; all recruitable enemies besides those three, and Ch13 Perceval (but who actually recruits him there lol), are loaded in as reinforcements, so they get bonuses. (It's worth noting that Dougy boy wouldn't get bonuses anyway because he isn't recruited on the same map where he's an enemy, and Hugh might not if his reduced stats are hard-coded, but Raigh definitely got screwed)

I also knew this, but it's a good piece of trivia for those who didn't. It's good to know IntSys hated Raigh.

For curiosity's sake, here's how HM Zephiel might look if the King class had the General's growths (used for comparison to Murdock's sake, and that King is most similar to General anyway):

kHAGjGH.png

Certainly more formidable, but his Speed is still in a hole.

A far more solid final boss, to be sure.

Reveal hidden contents

just finished reading the update, rip chad

Ah, shit...

On 14/7/2018 at 1:38 AM, Mad-manakete said:

Uncanny. I may be biased towards axe users, but watching an unpromoted Gonzales actually contribute at all this late in the game is staggering.

Well, I'm happy for you.

Gonzales learned English... or the programmers/writers got lazy. Take your pick.

I'll take the third option: they were always lazy to begin with.

This reminds me of my brother's method of arguing. He'd ignore the point made and make reference to some irrelevant technicality. For some reason he never became a lawyer like he intended. "My client isn't guilty of manslaughter, because the crime was premeditated making it murder" doesn't go down well in court I guess.

He'd do well if this was Phoenixland, the land where Ace Attorney takes place. I know it's America, I just like to call it Phoenixland, the land where nobody can do their jobs right and the law is dumb. Er.

Laws of probability said it had to happen eventually. Now without magic sucking up one of the RNGs, it was slightly more likely.

That doesn't make the level any less crappy.

Raigh never cops a break. I should have known this'd happen when you had the intro going into the chapter as it where...

I suppose I did make it a little predictable, but... I just had to do something for him after being forced to sacrifice him.

The terrible plan, the smug grin. A bad name. Another Morgan recolour. How will Bag-in-the-groundh fair?

Better than expected for a Morgan recolour.

It's Barth. Nothing to brag about.

Also the fact that Barth was capable of damage is somehow hilarious.

It's a Morgan recolour. Nothing to brag about.

My notion for a Jeigan lord was a little different from Sigurd, in that the idea was to have a character who is an older man, already grey. He would be king of a nation that had known peace for decades thanks to the reputation he earned in battle in his youth. But alas the peace has resulted in his army all being too young to have experienced war. As such he, much like Marcus, feels that it's his obligation to bear the brunt of battle despite being well past his prime when rival kingdoms decide to take advantage of his old age and attack his nation, feeling with him old and his old comrades gone, they were but a pale shadow of their past selves. He starts with high weapon ranks and good bases, perhaps has a couple bonus skill slots, suffers poor growths, and gets a good personal weapon in the later half of the game to make sure his usefulness doesn't drop off too much. Basically the idea was to merge the Jeigan and lord arch-types and have a character growth arc where, much like Marcus' supports with Roy, the king learns to trust in his soldiers rather than trying to do everything himself, and gains a peace knowing that even when his time comes, his kingdom will be in good hands, resolving his underlying fear that the kingdom had become dependent on his reputation from times past.

Hey, that's all quite interesting, actually.

Edit: I noticed in hindsight that I read Siegfried as Sigurd. I can explain this surely enough by the fact the hero in Nordic/Teutonic legend is referred to depending on the region as Sigurd or Siegfried, and that because I have a bias towards the Sigurd spelling I automatically translate it in my head except when dealing with a certain sword. I'm leaving the error anyway, because the alternative is pretending I know anything about The Last Promise beyond it being a romhack, so I'm not overly sure of the similarities and how far they go.

Siegfried was an asshole. That's about it, so yeah, your point stands.

While I'm at the edit, on a totally unrelated note, I kind of had my idea for a grizzled lord more from the Conan pastiches by L. Sprague De Camp set after Robert E. Howard left off (due to being claimed by depression). Not sure how familiar anyone is with the character or the source, but the parts I drew most inspiration for were the stories "Witch of the Mists", "Black Sphinx of Nebthu", "Red Moon of Zembabwei", and "Shadows in the Skull" where Conan is past his prime, so his old enemy, the sorceror Thoth-Amon gathers up the support of several other sorcerors to take advantage of Conan's kingdom of Aquilonia's percieved weakness, for Thoth Amon's sorcery has kept him vital through the years while Conan has aged. With Conan's heir a boy of 13 summers, now is the time to strike before the whelp has been trained. Conan sets out on the quest to protect his then helpless son, but by the fourth and final story's end, prince Conn (because Conan's wife refused to have Conan the second hence compromise) strikes down the mage saving his father. Next time we see Conan, in Conan of the Isles, he leaves his kingdom to his older, but now proven son while taking up one last quest before sailing off into the unknown.

I'm sorry, I'm afraid I'm not familiar with all that.

That said, if it worked in novel form, and comic form, a similar story should work in video game form... and this one I think a Fire Emblem style game is the way to do it best justice. I mean, Red Moon of Zembabwei had wyvern riders in it for crying out loud. The thing is, while the core principles of the novel and my theoretical game are the same in my mind, what makes the big differences are the gameplay aspects. Which are why this is something I feel should be done. It's a unique chance to have the gameplay and storyline correlate in a beneficial way to both. It gives the lord a canon reason for the mid-game drop-off. This brings us to my other reason for thinking of it. Roy's late promotion. Though after watching your Marcus, it's kind of like having this old idea realized by an actual Jeigan rather than the Lord.... who isn't even up to the scratch of a regular Jeigan.

So what I draw from all this is that Marcus is the best thing ever.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Anyway, that's enough of my kooky idea that will probably never see any form of release because I have all the rom-hacking skill of a cicada and have 2 free days a week tops.

Hahahah... ah, that's life, I'm sorry. But hey, it's a cool idea, I like it, for what that's worth.

On 14/7/2018 at 2:21 AM, Dayni said:

Hmm, eachother.

He just rushed to finish that sentence. Or it's a typo.

Actually, no, it was intentional. I was going to fix it, but then I remembered Albertus talks like that, so... yeah.

Man, Legolas/Gimli seems like the most accurate comparison.

Reveal hidden contents

LG1.png
LG2.png
LG3.png

But he didn't even know Etruria existed prior to meeting them... in good terms...

Something dumb for now:

SIE.png

Hahahahahahahah... absolutely hilarious.

I was suggesting Merric was his grandson.

Yeah, and I once said Niime was Hugh's mother, and another time I said Shin was Sue's brother and from that moment on it became LP canon. I seem to have a problem with genealogy.

Eh, Rein has a pretty decent amount going on in Thracia anyway.

The real issue is that the banner which gave us Leif gave us that second Rein. I did get Leif at least, so nbd with hindsight, but alts really need to get out of regular banners.

Hey, at least Leif exists in the game now. Unlike before.

>Forgets swordlord

It sucks to be Roy.

Roy doesn't count for two reasons: he has the Binding Blade, and he blows.

"I mean, having to watch Marth kill Medeus on the sidelines was a wakeup call how I could be so much stronger."

The fact he carried the war up to that point notwithstanding.

Is that supposed to be Matthis or Frost he's on about?

Oh, who knows...?

This was the moment that the mage reconsidered everything he'd ever done. Before he heard screaming about accuracy when firing a bow and a fade to white.

I don't know about the Mage, but I'm sure the Druid did just that.

It was bound to happen.

I knew there'd be trouble.

I didn't expect a straight up sacrifice.

Ah, damn...

Well, now we know that Chad was a blood sacrifice.

How else did he dodge two fatal attacks in quick succession?

Because Wade is great and he made a promise, and wasn't about to let it become The Last Promise. Don't tempt me to sacrifice somebody every chapter for good luck, please. That's the last thing this army needs.

Don't tell them about the dragon shrine.

Roy himself didn't know of it at that point.

Eh, it's Barth.

Barth is boring.

That's exactly why.

Barth in a nutshel.

I didn't expect that Lot of all people would be executing the king.

Also, it's "counting on you!"

I'm not all that happy with the amount of typos in that update, honestly. Truth is, I had to go visit some relatives in five minutes, and I didn't want to leave you guys waiting until the night, so I just... sort of rushed to push the update. Of course, this meant I couldn't fix anything.

I managed to make the climatic final battle crappy. Aren't I great.

We all know how that went last time. Stop it Raigh.

Hey, at least normal Humphrey can't really impersonate Chad. He's too fat for that.

Next time, Brunja will attempt to give the cold shoulder and we get to see if Karel is going to even get a mention.

Eh, he will, probably.

On 14/7/2018 at 2:59 AM, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Wow, didn't realize his averages were quite around there, granted being a few points lower in both strength and speed can actually be significant, though probably not much by this point in the game.

Actually, as Eclipse said, that one point of strength cost Chad his life. Gah...

Good that they weren't needed I guess, but again, happy to help!

Thanks again!

Hey, it's done you great so far!

Well, thanks, dude.

I'd forgotten about those ones too. At the very least I think a few of them you get from characters in trial maps like the Runesword on Narcian, though that hardly counts IMO.

The trial maps are so easy, the weapons aren't even needed.

And oh gosh after this update...trying to brace myself for more inevitable depressing feels later. Somehow I had a feeling this would happen when you brought Chad along. But yeah, still holding out my hope for Lugh...which will probably make it worse...question though. After the last actual content update are you gonna keep up replying to people's replies to that for a little?

Maybe I will. Depends on what those replies consist on. I won't answer to "hey, this LP was awesome!" because, well, while I appreciate those comments a lot (and probably don't deserve them), there's not much to be said about them. This said, I'll be happy to answer questions left about the plot or other things that you may inquire. What I'm saying is, when the time comes, ask away without fear.

Oh, and I think you might have missed it since I edited it in way later, but you should check out the link I posted at the end of my last comment (though apologies if you did see it). I'll quote it here for convenience:

Also, just saw something I think you might enjoy: https://kantopia.wordpress.com/2018/07/07/fe6-7-complete-character-poll-results-and-comment-translations-2004/

Basically it's a translation of a bunch of the japanese comments that went along with the old FE6/7 popularity poll, some of which are amazing when it comes to the bosses in this game.

Awesome! I was familiar with the poll, but I had no idea it was actually translated. It always made me happy how Raigh ranked so high. Rutger surpassed him, but hey, small victories. These comments are a lot of fun, too. Look at Murdock:

#49 Murdock

(54/608)

• Elegance…pure elegance.
  • He’s a true man of war. And, very strong.

I could never have said it better. That's exactly what Murdock was: a true man of war. Also, more elegant than weaselly Narcian could've ever hoped to be.

For example, Ohtz is in dead last out of 80 with the only comment being "his sprite is re-used."

Hmmm... wait, that means the Brilliant Dumbass wasn't dead last? What the hell... where is he?

...he's... not even here.

Fitting.

Also Orlo is at 55, over characters like Lot and Wade, Guinevere, Douglas, Niime, Astolfo (poor him at 75th),  and a few more.

#55 Orlo

(NA/NA)

• Loyal to the end, this one.

over characters like Lot and Wade, Guinevere, Douglas, Niime, Astolfo

You know, perhaps this poll wasn't that great after all. C'mon...

On 14/7/2018 at 1:18 PM, eclipse said:

Better Roy comparison - had he been on his averages, Chad would've lived (as he would've had enough oomph to KO that enemy).

Could you believe I never realised that? Maybe I subconsciously erased this from my mind in order not to want to blow my brains out any further.

On 16/7/2018 at 12:40 AM, Franp3 said:

You're still keeping this up?

What, the LP? Surprisingly, yes.

I honestly don't think Barth such a bad unit.

What is an armorknight´s purpose in gameplay? Being a def tank. What is the thing that Barth does better than every other knight? Def tanking.

Dougy exists. Also, Bors's availability and superior speed allows him not to be destroyed as much as Barth if he's trained from minute one. Barth's better than his subordinate, but other than that, Lot himself is a better tank than he is.

Because that's what Roy is for.

Roy's there to be the butt of every "bad Lords" reddit thread ever.

We need a r/zephieldidnothingwrong.

Surely there already exists one...

...huh, surprisingly enough, the answer is no.

Not quite. She gets +1hp.

So does he.

For the first 15 or so seconds I thought it was the pokemon theme song.

Yeah, at first I thought it was a completely unrelated song, but it was cool, so I just kept on listening. He really should've put the name of the game somewhere in there. Or at least use a picture of the game.

He uses THE FIRES OF HELL to PURGE THIS WORLD OF VICE AND SIN.

On 16/7/2018 at 10:01 AM, Mad-manakete said:

They're all fire types. Hellfire types.

This is so easy. It should be illegal for anything this easy to be allowed. Eclipse, rewrite the forum rules at once to reflect this.

Speaking of, am I the only one who has made a magic user avatar in Awakening, named him "Frollo", and had him use "Elfire" tomes the whole game as a pun? (Also kept him away from Olivia for obvious reasons).

Probably, but that doesn't detract from how awesome it is that you did that.

11 hours ago, KnightOfNohr said:

Someone add to the “Raigh’s heart is broken” counter.

Soon...

1 minute ago, DestructionDragon360 said:

Man, can I just say how much fun Albertus is to see? He's got so much personality for suped up super-generic.

Hah! Thanks a lot. Actually, I wasn't even planning on making him important at first... but I was so happy with the edit, I decided I just had to make him important.

Spoiler

Ltw7ONG.pnguTdvnTp.png

Good, is the game over?

xQziZUt.png

A shame.

FyGpU4I.pngtTx56qw.png

I just hope that light doesn't waste any uses from the weapons. I have few enough as it is.

WxkDgYR.pngmCaIMNg.pngGNRXGKh.png

Nice, Brunja is dumb now, too. Give up, lady, everyone's dead.

9tqdIMU.png

Yes, this chapter consists entirely of grinding the last few stragglers of Bern to the ground. We're the heroes!

VcqJ3f9.png

Before anything else, I'd like to show you all that my lack of units has reached a critical point. Look at that! That's every unit I have! I can't even hide Lance, Zeiss, Jerrot and Perceval from sight anymore!

xgQG9ia.pnglLuEuaa.png0z88Gn5.pngId0T4kk.pngG2dBgrY.pngrCtDdTl.pngA5prNjI.pngSWrIJBc.pngghaxa8k.pngl3ThIUw.pngSvb4mo2.png

In any case, today's trading.

WxW3CWd.png

As well as the team, plus Garret and Geese off-screen. Perceval cannot be deployed, remember he's at Etruria being unimportant.

WpVi8Da.png

Oki-dokie, it's about time we began.

nRKCVXv.png

Oh, look, it's him, Expositionman himself. My memory about this guy is extremely fuzzy, I can't remember the last time I paid attention to his paragraphs. The last time I did a FE6 run where I didn't skip everything, I got bored and dropped it right at the beginning of chapter 23. Incidentally, Lot was also awesome there. Of course, this renders all my ranting throughout the LP about him moot, but by now, you should know to take what I say with a grain of salt.

ZByTvbR.png

Also, he's boring.

dO2nJRk.png

Also also, being introduced right as Brunja's finest hour transpires isn't exactly the best of timings. It's hard to get hyped about this new villain when Brunja's hogging the spotlight with her dramatic last stand.

NuJUwNb.pnglciHKm2.pngjl0vqHL.png

What can you tell me about the reapers?

YtAW7vL.pngWPytbJO.png1ZTLjXp.png

No, please, don't. Let yourself be recruitable. C'mon, what do you have to lose?

6g6nrit.pngIKgrc2z.png

Jahn does not understand humans. He makes it sound very ominous and KEWL, but in truth, this is a guy who's been alive for a thousand years and is still an idiot who's learnt nothing. Vandal Savage this ain't. Please don't get the reference, I'd like to know how it feels to make a reference that is not understood, for once.

y8KO25o.pngXgxsl21.png68Qt5bB.png

Then he wastes a perfectly valuable minion by letting her kill herself like the clinically depressed woman off-medication she is, because... uh, dragon, I guess? We're off to a great start with this guy, aren't we?

Srt6kYv.png

And then he vanishes, because they wanted to give him screentime but at the same time they neglected to give Brunja any the rest of the game and it only hit them now that this was their last chance to do it.

Zpb73o4.pngSRA4RTz.pngwy0rC0o.pnglxsrpTg.png

Brunja is a good woman, even if she's an enemy. A shame about those three scenes of screentime. Er, potential three screens.

2Grci0q.pngAc71FxF.pngOmMBRtw.png

What about you, Brunja? Don't you have a family? What, did Desmond kill your parents? Maybe they were Hellene's retainers or something like that, and Desmond had them killed before Zephiel put him down, and out of pity, he gave Brunja a chance to prove herself as a warlord, an act of kindness that began her panty-wetting for him.

Now that's an idea, IntSys should've done that instead of Roy Talks To Merlinus And Delphin #57.

21zMtw7.pngJK3QYoA.png

This would be hilarious if this game had Thracia's capture system. We'd force them to bow their heads, whether they liked it or not. And, hey, maybe then we would've been able to save Brunja! Not Murdock, though, what with his capped constitution and all... damnit, Murdock, why'd you have to die? You were too awesome...

qTlcanM.pngtIGqurJ.pngq3Ee3vU.pngWHfHk3f.png

Considering nobody leaves between the prep screen map and the actual chapter, it's clear that Brunja's soldiers aren't the most obedient. This reminds me to a scene from Tear Ring Saga, where... ah, but I'm getting ahead of myself.

T2uc8vV.pngOVuK5CF.pngvZ9GOht.png

This also reminds me to a scene of Tear Ring Saga. Huh. Maybe FE7 wasn't the only copycat of that...

For whatever reason, I feel like I'm startin' to go a little too far with the FE7 shit-talking. I must watch my tongue... it is still the favourite game of many fans! I will not be lynched today!

GoMEjR9.pngVJjTU2n.png

Pfffwahahahahah... okay, that's amazing. Brunja's Canadian, apparently. Did she also apologize for trying to fry us with her bolting?

79goCEG.pngJIcHDKa.pnguX0x3h1.png

C'mon, Roy, use your brains... it's not that hard. But at least Guinivere is not Merlinus, or Delphin.

qOoDcux.pnghCaiSFn.pngl3RdQO2.pngl9CZOTC.png

Come now, Brunja, that's a stupid reason to die and you know it.

8XoViht.pngjuBTQVQ.pngj6jwOPM.pngqlqorBB.png

Oh, what for? Give Roy a leadership star? No, that would make him slightly useful, and that's clearly not what the devs were going for with him...

B4DBkDd.pngF3wVEta.png

This can only mean she's going to join us as a fighter! Nice! Free Gotoh, if she looks anything like her trial maps self! I didn't remember this, but hey, not complaining!

E3xXBF7.png

M4SbL6f.png

What the hell?! Where is she!? This is a sham, all of it!

Anyway... this map. What you see is what you get, there are no reinforcements at all, I suppose to stress just how dire Brunja's situation is. There's one village that can't get destroyed and whose reward we cannot obtain; a few stores that sell useless trinkets that we won't need after Brunja falls; ballistae, staves and a bolting asshole to make my life miserable, and the same overpowered troops that Murdock employed in chapter 7 times 3, but lower in number. Also, dragons. They're probably the least threatening thing in the chapter.

uuGPBSU.png

When I said "dire situation", I didn't mean she's a pushover or that she'll fall quickly. Murdock may be the toughest boss in the game due to the circumstances surrounding the battle with him, but I dare say, from a purely statistical point of view, Brunja is, bar none, the strongest boss in the game. Look at that, she completely kicks Lilina out of the park, and then some! Capped defenses, capped magic, amazing speed and luck, good HP, a gate... if she was recruitable, she'd break the endgame ten times over, at the very least. She could probably take on Murdock, Narcian, Gale and Zephiel all at once and come out on top, given some lucky dodges, and that includes normal mode, where, even without bonuses, she still has just enough speed to double Zephiel. This woman is absolutely amazing. No wonder Zephiel trusted her to take care of the most vital being to his plan after his own demise.

0BsQS6l.png

For weaponery, she has a bolting tome that makes me cry, an unobtainable tome, and--

...seriously, game? Who's going to be promoting anybody now?! Not to mention, the only weapons that matter from here on out are the legendary ones, so the 5k gold is of no consequence! That thing is utterly useless!

pmTNOg8.pngiVe3VCM.pngNnA2w89.png

Anyway, let's begin. These are the armories and the shop next to us. The shop is the most interesting of the bunch. Normal weapons may become useless once we're pitted exclusively against dragons, but healing will be more vital than ever. Since I lost the Saint's Staff, physic staves will be invaluable.

qfou7yd.png

Marcus gets a shield to go along with his Paladin shield. He's even more ridiculous than before, now.

63wfotR.png

The rest just move forward as they can.

cIaJaLz.pngprbbwPX.pngDW6wsVg.png

Oh, look, it's him.

0nyXx4w.pnguUx5btq.png

Oh, you will be free. I can't recruit you.

DrohGDO.png95tnMhA.pngsKORjMP.pngY6S5UIv.png

Still, I like this scene. After guys like Rutger, a murderous psycopath, and Fir, an antisocial fool, seeing a swordsman that's actually sane is cool. Then there's his backstory, but let's only focus on what we'll actually get to see in the LP.

Nps1YoE.pngvtVmj7k.pngEoKbMM0.png

Humble, as well! Not many swordsmen have that trait these days. They're all "pray, for I am death incarnate, and I hunger for blood!".

GJSdfnR.png1rodhO8.pngUULxtPI.png

Well...

idCNOwk.pngRQRhg8e.png

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyourentirefamilyisdeadeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell...

K9iprTO.png

Ah, a distraction! Druid!

x0RFd2n.png

Hah! Failed!

LRQk6iV.png

Garret.

JJdy3Sg.pngs6rkA54.png

Lot fares a lot better, as expected.

R6Qzbfy.png

Roy can't kill a generic dragon with the great weapon that's even more powerful than the other legendaries. Is anybody surprised?

mnweS5R.pnghAgMa18.png

This isn't something I want to fight.

QAoC7xN.pnggJOV8gr.png

Hmmm... maybe he'll listen to Pherae's greatest warrior?

gb1Gm9m.pngmmXoqID.png

No? You asshole.

zigSke7.png

Not much we can do about it, but here's Karel, taken from one of my link battle teams from one of my old runs. Last recruitable unit!

Karel... Karel's an asshole, but it's not his fault. See, his bases are great, and if you feed him Brunja, he'll get even better. He also has S swords from the get-go, meaning, if you lost all of your sword units, he'll be a great substitute for the endgame. In other words, he's a godsend for this LP... right?

Nope! He's got the dubious honour of being one of the few units in the game Roy can't recruit. Instead, it's either his niece, Fir, or his brother-in-law, Bartre.

Think about it for a second. To recruit this game's Gotoh, you need either to go through Morgan's shitty route, or you need to have a living Swordmaster to recruit the replacement Swordmaster. But that isn't the worst part: the worst part is that you need to keep Noah alive in chapter 7 in order to keep Fir alive in order to have her talk to Karel here.

IntSys, my (imaginary) hat's off to you. You've done it once more: you managed to make chapter 7 screw me over again many months after it took place.

c9XjV4b.png

In other news, Saul cannot kill this guy in one round.

jyD6Qs9.png

Well, then. Roy, the time has come to grow a competence.

ZxZPlti.pngeuZD7Lj.pngoWKpZ16.pngmFs5VTm.png

Pathetic!

z80KZna.pngGYcZbNo.png5Zjjk3A.png

Even more so! I would've expected more from you, Brunja. Why'd you send these assholes to attack Dougy instead of Roy, who sucks?

3UPvHdQ.png

Tsk tsk... bad Dougy.

KCbLSpt.pngHCj2Ii3.png2wZvPwF.png

S axes! Now he can use one of those two uses Armads still has left!

JCXSvNJ.png

Garret gets a kill! Inconceivable!

mcLLTPX.png

I... why?

TpfY8VW.pngc7M8pgO.pngCAjRBX1.png

I know I am far too persistent, but this is Jeigan. This is Jeigan in chapter 23 of 24.

t41M4gl.pngLDcRgk9.pngI3EFeYr.png

Also, Apocalypse. It's the only legendary that still holds together without requiring the help of tape, so it should be really useful next chapter... so long as I keep Niime safely two tiles away from her victims, of course.

yaxQT7r.pngN63NHj8.pngbHlbzYT.png

This all seems rather disjointed, but the summary is that Saul and Niime will assist our scrubby axemen with the task of cleaning up the enemies behind us.

AYZpu6z.pnglpUAgtd.png

Oh, my! Roy doing something without the Binding Blade! Attaboy, Boi!

f4DCpkK.png0oEQuxs.pngpr3D0oC.png

Then the actually good guys kill enemies all by themselves because they're great.

Qpp7PJl.pngnjAx1M0.png

Cecilia gets a good level up. Hey, at least she won't get doubled if she's attacked.

qD8z5ps.png

Yeah... sorry, Brunja, but you can't win.

VFnJHqM.pngRg0d8xS.png

You have Roy right there, yet you'd go for Lot? Why?

PpfN7MW.pngvkXwLQd.pngnPYoq75.png

Merlinus dies again. Probably his last death of the LP, so enjoy it while it lasts.

93nkro1.pngzSIi4jP.png

Hwah! What a funny joke.

g8ktVr4.png22IZVVr.png

That's not funny...

uNgCl3N.pngjb0hOsM.png

Well, he's still alive, there's a chance he might--

flpF9e9.png

Yeah, no.

qxwdeDx.pngVFZgTiV.png

Ah, too bad.

N5eRMn9.pngM8mGWPW.png

Oh, wow, Garret didn't get killed in one round by one of the overpowered Wyvern Lords? Colour me surprised.

f1gI9CR.pngsavIbJS.png

Mmph! Good thing Dougy has 14 speed instead of 9. Otherwise, this would've been a very dead Dougy. These Druids, man!

cauV85o.pngCrD8uBg.pngWA8336J.pngiscMGGt.png

And they call this a hard game, hah! Look at that, these two scrubs are contributing in the final chapter! Er, disregard the almost completely wiped out cast. That's an occupational hazard.

uZ6IxGE.pngiwd2OSr.pnggq6Qot6.png8SbjZXC.png

A level up for Igrene. My apologies for the lack of insightful commentary. This isn't the most interesting part of the chapter. Nah, that'll come later.

VDFvSSi.png

Nice, very nice! That 19 strength is giving me OCD strokes, but I'm sure you'll get it up to a clean 20 before the end of the game.

2MkfKtN.pngwCI9ARD.pngGenTGhJ.png

As a reward for her troubles, she is healed while Lot shoots down an asshole.

LFy1DLe.png

Hmph... I'm not risking that, sorry. He's perfectly capable of missing twice.

UNSj3bo.pngRaZId6O.png

Ol' Marcus does it instead. He's close to a level! Hype, hype, hype! I mean, it's his last level up, surely it'll be good!

lnMV1B3.png

Is there a chance I might be wrong about Karel's recruitment?

rXVk2XR.png9ddScRP.png

Ah, goddamn you, Karel. Goddamn you for only listening to members of your family, who are dead. All of them. Two of them because of me.

k1u9bsu.pngWDqBuTe.png

I'll have to get her a replacement for that.

cp0qZH7.pngPN8qAhO.png1rsJdIB.pngUK9fIoc.png

No reason to hurry, though, because this place is clean.

AoMysai.png

Ack! Spoke too soon! Those blistering barnacly ballisticians...

NQzXYrV.png

Oh my fucking God that could've killed him. Sure, sure, tiny chance, but as we know, I am the unluckiest guy in the world. Probably. I'm not melodramatic, shut up.

Iy4VMyz.pngnJjO0RD.png

Make way for the Dougy!

TC4k7m7.png

While he takes arrows to the face - the same kind of arrows that killed his daughter - the rest of us will shop.

euF2Xh2.png

Also try this again in vain hopes that it might work if I am persistent enough. Alas, that's not how this works.

VsRfozc.pngBF3cbDw.png

We've been ambushed! It's nothing to be worried about... is it?

qVBG8dQ.pngJEKDrbw.png86zFknh.pngyeNN1MN.png

Holy shit, he's better than Niime.

tQWSQXJ.png

Hmmm... d'ah, blistering blue barnacles, just my luck.

urs1gTc.pngO4FHjGi.pngytVIOc2.pnglVUR2Gi.png

Ditto.

W7RIxeP.png0ZfHpyo.png

Why!? Why, why, why, why, why?! Why so much skill?! I don't want skill, Lilina, not for you! Why not share some of that with the axemen, or Dougy, or just... anyone but you! You don't need it at all!

bTvrQ9v.png2aLcyVz.png

Sigh... anyway.

8yfP9bh.png

One really subtle transition later, the ballisticians are all out of bullets.

81VRQMP.pngMQrXn3U.pngV9FVfa3.png

Let's do some buying before proceeding. First, a restore staff for Niime.

WK648X7.pngcycnm0U.png

The others may advance with caution.

RiNoFSc.pngEInlfDf.pnge5w6ey6.png

Ack! Good thing, too!

JwZJepY.pngm1A2yLS.png1vp7HiQ.pngdMGUTOp.png

Maybe this'll be the kill that'll get Marcus to level 20?

e6aqJS3.pngVjoM6kq.png

...or not!

bu8RdZ3.pngv4vYB2Q.png

And he can't reach this one. Sigh... well, at any rate, there's only one guy left alive.

f4vRqTz.pngxatO7o3.png

...there's still only one guy left alive.

GRadYbF.pngphqXIWh.pngrZ2pSlw.png

A new physic staff for Cecilia. May it be of use to her.

XVCvrn9.png75fNcSF.png

Sheesh... all because Igrene missed. Thanks, girl.

BBmR3UA.png

I have no idea what this is, but it's not followed by a death edit, so I guess it wasn't Astolfo getting killed. Let's celebrate that.

2G2W1PC.pngIT2jETo.pngd4P7kU7.png

Just one more...!

8nEoviN.pngUDuFRVc.pngZhb2Zb0.pngTHeQ2qM.png

These are two different turns. I just wasn't feeling like capturing it all.

LJVu6av.png

Saul bought another restore for Saul, I'll need it later.

42yfuqQ.pngXOIBiH9.pngS4TZdKo.png

That's enough stalling. Let us march forward!

bDZIBZb.png

Dougy, lead the charge!

CJZ7d96.pngUcsq38z.png

I'll try not to waste any more legendary uses than I absolutely have to.

mljiq5l.pngRanQB0i.pngqWjGSUQ.pngOhvbdt8.png

Ah, there we go.

EW7iI8G.png

Hype, hype, hype hype hypeeeee!

RAJTCOx.png

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH! YES! HE DID IT! HE FINISHED ON A HIGH NOTE!!

kr49tzj.png

Man, Marcus. I have no words. Just... look at that. I'll try to think up some words for the customary final roll call next update. For now, just gaze upon those beautiful stats, and reflect on all those times you benched him for Perceval.

3vQPT5R.png8RS0OcL.pngJRmEYGF.png

Slowly but surely, we're closing in.

6Thh8mJ.pngiRn2e8D.pngQQliRu3.png

Jesus, thank goodness for Saul's speed, and for Cecilia's speed growth.

EHTZQdx.pngxyqYvgq.pngLQtUAsr.png

This is the reason we'll need all the restore staves we can get our hands on: there are way too many status staves here.

hmpBCji.png

They're not always successful, but it's best to part from the assumption that they will be.

1DnMHWs.png

Up!

H7yWaPZ.pngmDDZoOb.pngvJobGhi.pngZI6yj5y.png

More Wyverns, eh. No matter. There's no reason for us to hurry up.

D1t88Uv.pngXJmfMUS.pnguSE6pUT.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK! Screw you, fucking asshole, it's a good thing I'll never have to see any more overpowered Wyvern Lords anymore.

8EzIv5i.png

Die, damnit, die!

djG51KP.pngj4ceVcD.png

Gah... no more!

CAzu6ni.png

What is this? What happened here? A casualty!?

oYxlThg.png2eblYZ9.pngWrX4x8M.png

Ah, no, it's just Cecilia taking a hit to the face like a champ. She's also all out of weapons. Eh, I'm not sure if she'll come along tomorrow, but if she does, I'll be sure to get her something to blast dragons with.

VgSD9Xd.pngNp0bE7r.png

Sigh...

mJmUhD6.pngp9u9zQP.png

Get up! No time to waste!

jk2c5iu.pngkYsIAwx.png

114 damage.

hqUT80G.png

Hey, at least he'll likely hit.

oXSZJSI.pngDcLsdvt.pngtA14GVW.png

Well, if you had to get one stat... after being benched for the entire game...

e8JC2F3.png

Marcus Jeigans this guy for his Lord.

ZAuNZ4a.pngC1nCizy.pngrkw5sNs.png

And what a Jeigan he does. Hah! Can't get much more Jeiganed than that!

HnCTzgu.png

He still has to use the Binding Blade because he otherwise has no range.

2hGDph4.png

Too little, too late, Roy.

AmwJvES.pngZD79vrn.png

With nobody left to give us touble, it is time to wait out the sleep staves.

RK9YVqR.png56Glskp.pngzQnj1o7.png

...and that one, too.

SK4Fmmo.pngidxS4ji.pngxwhZeH8.pngteLd4yW.png

Disregard what I said earlier, there seem to still remain some annoying pests alive, come to give me a headache or three. No problem. We weren't moving anyways.

bAVCv0t.png3wnIeIi.png8SvZUEj.pngI4NPeaU.png

Still, best get Lilina out of harm's way, what with her nonexistant defense and all.

rTsDWq9.pngUfu0t4Q.pngWaLX2F3.png

At the very least, the sleep staves no longer function.

KGlKvin.pngf3FhsF7.pngwA4nLGk.pngygplruQ.png

Sorry for how boring this all is. It's about to get real good real soon, I promise.

Yt5ZK7t.pngMzKMz0i.pngiuWBSHt.png

Okay, that's that.

ZQZncyC.pngIgv1O0o.png

Let us tip-toe ahead cautiously.

qCfTzC6.png

Hmmm... Brunja can't reach us there, eh.

oL63ufz.pnget5JRhT.png

Here?

DVAfw55.png

Ah-ha!

...wait, no, it's oh-no! What if those bastards move now?! Ah!

...wait, wait, double no, it's still ah-ha, because this is Lot we're talking about.

FiF2Z1o.pngT56qwTg.png

Really nice quote. I like it. Also digging her palette, it's quite amazing.

4IPCUvD.pngM1no3By.png

Oof... that's a lot of damage.

9eoEZSt.png

Ah, nice. They didn't move. Of course, that's only nice in the short term. It means we're going to have to bring the fight to them, and I never like to do that.

48h1WkZ.pngYXjusdT.pngKuu5OOP.pngvXj2y4w.png

First things first, let's measure up the secure zone.

muzqbRZ.pngL9ugg0i.png

Next, let's trick Brunja into wasting her bolting. Sure, sure, that'll make the battle with her harder, but I'd much rather have a harder fight against one woman over a harder fight with 7 guys. Seriously, that bolting tome is too brutal.

AOgTti3.png82yAPKb.pngwHzoPlN.png

There we go, that is it for the bolting tome of Brunja's.

qsS6snE.png

Roy... your time has arrived.

wlSWP8h.png

Your time to make way for the Purple Wonder, of course.

KtXimIW.png

Purple Wonder doesn't sound that awesome, does it? Let's just leave it at "Motherfucking Marcus", that has enough "oomph" to it.

7cTzjeG.png3ITeNdt.png

He'll need some healing, though.

mtIXQWB.png71zgkKK.pngBt16IVi.png

Full-blown assault, everybody!

VWCVdki.png

Ergh...

uSSD7X2.png

Uuuuuuuuhh...

TN1Bu66.png

All right, let's pick a god and pray now.

UCYohrX.pngd6X9G1p.pngts1u16b.png

Okay... those two just wasted their turns for whatever reason, but I fear the Druids.

NPsPbd4.png

No! No! Dougy...! Why am I so stupid?!

wGWzLDJ.png

...he... the other Druid... didn't move...

Okay. Let's not look a gift horse in the mouth.

DWAtd1K.pngWcAn9TZ.pngM3UrHF3.png

Once more: why did they make you so bad, Roy?

FXRZ898.pngfwuyLPg.pngRqEWrJW.pnga2xS57O.png

Archers down. Only the Druids remain.

a2xS57O.pngD0OFwFF.pngdXqXFbK.pngaperNBN.png

Excuse me, I meant to say "Druid".

utVd9gC.pngPHMrlLn.pngTeujptF.png

Nice! Roy killed somebody!

2vAcW3V.png

Typical.

SQeBf2k.pngkUCeWOp.pngLMd21Q3.png

Well, he ain't gonna get that exp out of Brunja, that's for sure.

t7JjUkW.pngFySvhZq.png0x2iIkz.pngNKgkOAg.png

This is how I'm going to be taking Brunja down, by the way. That fiend can almost take Lot down in two shots! Unfathomable!

SJywqXq.pnghyrvLwh.pngFfn7LRh.pngTlbOULV.png

Hmm, not bad.

LngDSs9.png

Allow me to quote myself:

Well, he ain't gonna get that exp out of Brunja, that's for sure.

HWxr5x1.pngZiCI0u3.pngrEfT0a4.png

Ah, so she's using flashbangs now, eh? Typical fucking Bern and their underhanded tactics!

M91r16D.pnghED6mkI.png

Alas, Saul had to ruin everything.

y0574Iv.png

Sort of.

oMXzKpj.pngwZl3xm9.png

If you're noticing a discrepancy in Brunja's HP, it's because at this point I though "hey maybe I could buy a barrier staff!" so I proceeded to send Sue to the store at the beginning, only to find out that it didn't sell barrier staves. Brunja healed in the meantime.

Hey, at the very least, Igrene got a good level out of it.

lW2iHtw.png

Almost done. I just need to go in for the final blow...

cScGEt5.png

k8m0DNW.png

vhBH3DF.pngMobQJ6D.pngqYvXCEz.png

B754BwL.png

16HooHV.png

udiLaJR.pngz0qvECo.png

NCHC6PC.png

KMBybRd.pngx1mrdv5.pngOcF7cRq.png

D0ohAqn.png

TB5WQRb.png

OslReqy.pngHPimWAD.pngwv7CkM5.png

eD1BAtF.png

qB8xwtp.png2ll870F.png

IQeHY5B.png

35aetR5.pngetpqtbM.png

yHiGG2R.png

ZqQzibm.png

G4JG82C.png

1XSci12.png

2HiV46y.png

6Xz3Xin.pngdAZ2jYV.pnghGKbC5v.pngTDZUdHh.png

6dP247c.png

iXxSAEG.png

RrssTwi.png

q0Qdlgy.png

lYonx5l.png

pkWiFEa.png

DoXEB34.png

6kfCq4Y.png

aVE6tqg.pngSHTUk1e.pngC55QcPo.png

tEpFQ2o.png

O4AF2oi.png

TNvPMtU.png

hmuCUfz.png

zOPrOxV.png

0evlsEB.png

OxDghmh.png

wsCNceK.pngYp5pzUy.png2sxDa1k.png

UkI5TF5.png

ENempTZ.png

WacKz5t.png

T67Xj2c.png

boVqy5h.png

3p91uiC.png

u5Eg7FB.png

WlVvzVl.png

vSC6kl9.png

TVkGEGF.png

yzf7t33.png

(Dougy got this horrible level, sshhh)

0gajPoR.png

Okay, the gate's clear, at any rate. Let's seize.

AdoWpU8.pngZox4sKT.png

What, there's something that doesn't bother you?

2n6SYB1.pngpVAhc7W.png

You ready, guys? Time for Roy's stupidest moment. Or, the peak of his trolling career, depending on how you look at it.

ihLsgOM.pngWgWf41r.pngTIvifaa.pngI3p7NG9.png

Yup. Roy just forced Delphin to explain the same, really simple concept to him thrice. I can just imagine him saying that last line with a tired father's annoyed tone, like he's trying to tell a child why he shouldn't be jumping on the new couch with his shoes on.

GAeNx8z.pngh9Xu5j9.png

And the Wyvernsbane, but I mean, that doesn't matter.

ASijpTl.pngeDQSLxT.png

(This is my excuse as to why Matthis isn't going into the sanctuary. Thanks, game. Disregard the fact that Matthis would still be a better pick than 80% of our army.)

hfzyHRm.pngBddlol4.png

What, you mean like the rest of the game, where we went from chapter to chapter without freedom to go back and grind? Sure, I'll choose just as wisely as I always have.

But that'll have to be next time. For now, it's time to say adios. So, adios. Next time, we get exposition and the most boring chapter ever.

uBDH24v.png

GTmf40d.png

oxhBOHu.pngZ4zzZUp.pngSOcz4JU.png

xACyBO8.png

jcKv6b8.png6HCJYlo.png

59nxMLE.png

fh0kbZE.png2QnL6jl.png

Widh74K.pnglOvste1.png

Apkth7z.png

DQ6Rihk.png

7dUi17l.png

UZiaOXf.png

dZKP7eR.pngvgljyY5.png

sUeAWC0.pngqaEHdxH.png

TH4RYwV.pngQ1evimV.pngz4KmBpr.png

YGWYtki.pngXz3gtqM.pngajmf0tZ.pngV32VCqo.png

vghYbYE.pngd9E5027.png

8OAnkzq.png

aRqS8sM.png

1yC0lK8.png

AKstTPq.png

1cenmf6.png

Anae62f.png

ms8n5Fj.png

Zm7clu3.png

HaSyTBL.png

s61igBC.png

H2UU5QY.png

26YPBJn.pngbiUMdDk.png

Hj9xs5a.png7QNMSRn.png

ZGBriuN.png

Xi42ZjR.png

7YL9Uyd.png

dWBTXxg.png

N4e9WXc.png

spDLQQI.png

z91aKPV.png

B8KL1Id.png

7tNFdFy.pngI1g4vaQ.pngSlJLY4Z.png

Ev12Omt.png

AyRNVUF.png

wL45Z5q.png

hqzphT2.png

5xQ2hzU.png

ntFHNlM.pngIRTEqux.png

6ghnpdh.png

r6nPwo8.png

NUOVPMC.png

wmTXtYn.png

2SUKAZo.pngB3xqNvB.png

WTBGsWT.png

tsTmaeC.png

qnM4Mig.pngq0tGCVR.png

sAmftlB.png

GAdpIQh.pngY8eUUAI.pngIcuy5C5.png

7V1mmNI.png

vpkxjj3.png

eBuBwNX.png

V3cxPH3.pngLi3jg7w.png

ddEumoR.png

0C4j548.png

Vkd0Ma1.png

Q4GoFba.png

3tGI89I.png

bbemw19.png

SHoEnRG.pngNrBwcNH.png

wXrM1lp.png

ocVQyo3.png

XBJ8udF.pngsT2r3YC.pngiCDpcLH.png

6YAiXJN.png

S02znfV.pngVEGila7.png

ZUAZCK3.png

Rw6TsTI.pngu1S4Beh.png

E4uGsUP.png63ahR30.png

gIfwMph.pngDyHFcO6.png

KNqRVHA.pnglUI5MqF.png

l9TCxpk.png

PifAn6p.png

q6StknO.png

KANOhCO.png

To be continued.

Wolt
                        Deke
                        Lugh

Rutger
                        Noah
                        Clarine
                        Lance
                        Jerrot

Fir
                        Wendy
                        Og
ier
                        Treck
                        Barth

Bartre

Elen
                        Echidna
                        Cath
                        Sophia

Raigh

Zeiss

Ta
te
                        Lalum
                        Igrene
                        Astolfo
                        Lilina
                        Cecilia
                        Interest

Dorothy
                        Perceval
                        Everybody

Hugh

Yoder
                        Juno

Chad
                        Barth
                        Geese

*Discharged

*Only dead in Ilia

*Only dead in route B

*Only dead in route A

*Only dead in Sacae

*???

Merlinus death count: 16

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Yeah, and I once said Niime was Hugh's mother, and another time I said Shin was Sue's brother and from that moment on it became LP canon. I seem to have a problem with genealogy.

But do you have a problem with Genaeolgy?

5 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Roy doesn't count for two reasons: he has the Binding Blade, and he blows.

Eh, carrying a Wyrmslayer could still be useful imo. The BB isn't infinite.

9 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

As well as the team, plus Garret and Geese off-screen. Perceval cannot be deployed, remember he's at Etruria being unimportant.

It's a shame you won't let him return last minute.

Someone has to be y the king's side though.

10 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

6g6nrit.pngIKgrc2z.png

Jahn does not understand humans. He makes it sound very ominous and KEWL, but in truth, this is a guy who's been alive for a thousand years and is still an idiot who's learnt nothing. Vandal Savage this ain't. Please don't get the reference, I'd like to know how it feels to make a reference that is not understood, for once.

Oh man I am going to be that guy.

Vandal Savage: I may only know him from the DCAU, but oh my is Hereafter one of my favourite episodes because of him.

12 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

y8KO25o.pngXgxsl21.png68Qt5bB.png

Then he wastes a perfectly valuable minion by letting her kill herself like the clinically depressed woman off-medication she is, because... uh, dragon, I guess? We're off to a great start with this guy, aren't we?

It's not like I'd expect Yahn to do something int-

Wait, now's not the time. First I'll see the bastard dead. Don't care if the saying's to respect the dead, I won't be for him.

15 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

What the hell?! Where is she!? This is a sham, all of it!

And she's a Trial Map unit too. With Anima and Light! She'd be really useful here.

17 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

vtVmj7k.pngEoKbMM0.png

Humble, as well! Not many swordsmen have that trait these days. They're all "pray, for I am death incarnate, and I hunger for blood!".

If he knew what happened to all his family though......

19 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

qxwdeDx.pngVFZgTiV.png

Ah, too bad.

Its a shame that hair that nice was utterly worthless.

22 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

kr49tzj.png

Man, Marcus. I have no words. Just... look at that. I'll try to think up some words for the customary final roll call next update. For now, just gaze upon those beautiful stats, and reflect on all those times you benched him for Perceval.

I don't feel guilty.

It's just a shame that I doubt I'd ever get that lucky.

23 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

2hGDph4.png

Too little, too late, Roy.

Honestly, I think you missed an opportunity to get Boi levels.

Also, he got speed. Get more you red-capped bruised mushroom.

28 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

pkWiFEa.png

DoXEB34.png

His name is not as appropriate as it should be.

27 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

vSC6kl9.png

TVkGEGF.png

And thus the exp was taken by Miredy, running off with both it and the enemy.

Also Gale.

29 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Disregard the fact that Matthis would still be a better pick than 80% of our army.

Out of context this makes no sense.

30 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

sUeAWC0.pngqaEHdxH.png

Really, Humphrey? Just pick a random general to cause trouble-

31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

aRqS8sM.png

1yC0lK8.png

Words spoken moments before disaster.

31 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hj9xs5a.png7QNMSRn.pngZGBriuN.png

HE HAD A CLEVER PLAN ALL ALONG?

Had to happen some day.

32 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

6ghnpdh.pngr6nPwo8.png

Don't you dare plan to die.

33 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

gIfwMph.pngDyHFcO6.png

They really did come prepared (probably imported armour effective bows). But does that mean they didn't account for the others?

Either way, soon I'll be able to tear into Yahn. Next time?

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Oh, hey, praise! And from you! What a shocker. Thanks, man!

What, do you take me for, some kind of sadist taking pleasure in taunting you? wait for it

Vandal Savage this ain't. Please don't get the reference, I'd like to know how it feels to make a reference that is not understood, for once.

Oh, yeah! I remember him, he's that immortal guy from the justice league cartoon from like 2006(or something) the caveman who found a meteor and tried to take over the world. 

qxwdeDx.png

His Goose is cooked.(yeah it's weak but low blows are easy)

now here's something to hurt you more than a unit death

kr49tzj.png

2hGDph4.png

Marcus is only slightly better than Roy, he also has less skill. In other words:

MARCUS IS NOT AS SKILLED AS ROY!

9 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

because... uh, dragon, I guess?

You've just summarised all of FE in one sentence.

I know, FE 8, 9 and 10, but c'mon.

k8m0DNW.png

Nice edit there.

I haven't commented to this update as much as I usually do. It's kinda hard so say something funny about the 600th variation of "Roy is bad".

pkWiFEa.png

So you made him survive ch21 just so he could get his ass kicked in 23. Simply brilliant.

I can just imagine him saying that last line with a tired father's annoyed tone, like he's trying to tell a child why he shouldn't be jumping on the new couch with his shoes on.

From now on i'm going to read every single one of Dolphin's lines in that tone.

s61igBC.png

>Battle formation
>Everyone forms in a straight line.

Next up, remember to bring your pillows!

11 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

uuGPBSU.png

Seems to me she was shopping down going for Zephiel. Just saying.

For weaponery, she has a bolting tome that makes me cry, an unobtainable tome, and--

Books, making people cry. Is she a general or I.M. Meen? Speaking of I'll pretend I missed that Vandal Savage reference. It won't be true. But I'll pretend

idCNOwk.pngRQRhg8e.png

This is a special kind of sad. Chapter 7 is vying to get back some of it's notoriety after Murdock

AYZpu6z.pnglpUAgtd.png

There's something sad about this being a moment that needs celebration. Why can't FE6 Roy be more like Super Smash Bros Roy

qxwdeDx.pngVFZgTiV.png

I would like to make a "looks like your Geese is cooked" pun, but it doesn't honestly work.

oXSZJSI.pngDcLsdvt.pngtA14GVW.png

Well, if you had to get one stat... after being benched for the entire game...

Gonzales and Garret both out to prove they can do more than Geese. Kind of figures.

Hopefully Geese is the end of the fatalities. What a way to go. Benched for most of the game and then killed when victory was in sight.

13 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Actually, as Eclipse said, that one point of strength cost Chad his life. Gah...

Yeah that's just...uh....I dunno if there's the right words to describe that.

The trial maps are so easy, the weapons aren't even needed.

Very true, I guess they were just trying to give you fun toys to play with. But really, having a few of those weapons in-game would have been so much nicer, especially since we're already sparse on some weapon types like Dark. Brave Sword also just feels really weird cause you get every other Brave weapon...

Maybe I will. Depends on what those replies consist on. I won't answer to "hey, this LP was awesome!" because, well, while I appreciate those comments a lot (and probably don't deserve them), there's not much to be said about them. This said, I'll be happy to answer questions left about the plot or other things that you may inquire. What I'm saying is, when the time comes, ask away without fear.

Makes sense I guess, good to know you'll read em regardless.

Awesome! I was familiar with the poll, but I had no idea it was actually translated. It always made me happy how Raigh ranked so high. Rutger surpassed him, but hey, small victories. These comments are a lot of fun, too. Look at Murdock:

Yeah, I've always been happy both Lugh and Raigh were in the top ten, and the comments are a lot of fun like you said. Though even despite his popularity and relations to other characters, I've all but lost hope of Lugh (or any FE6 unit) getting into heroes for a long time after the recent update was Awakening again. Still got my hope for him in here for a few weeks at least...and again, why the heck is Astolfo in freakin 75th?

On this update though, not particularly too much to say, but I really like how everything with Brunja was handled. Her portrait edits were great too. Interested in seeing how all this is gonna turn out, and I was wondering when Humphrey was gonna show up again.

Also totally get the Vandal Savage reference, though he sticks out to me more from having watched Young Justice than his appearance in JL.

PifAn6p.png

q6StknO.png

KANOhCO.png

8exMHBV.png

W29ufbO.png

pLJ8zV9.png

q0c1a7P.pngu5ZUUnA.png

wfnYLsI.pngWM23lCw.png

04K8Ep8.png

zIzk4zs.png

V4sOJuu.pngxqQc4An.png

Q9R9JJA.png

HwZNRMx.png

QuErqTZ.png

TpKJT0L.png

9MvLwnM.pngjNBkqBB.png

PgnT0K6.png

BVERum4.pngltVUAKn.pngLSIsY9D.pngl67Npga.png

J2peQtJ.png

wX2pJpJ.png

AwLnoxe.png

JRjktKr.png

KndGyZw.pngQHmi4aU.png

3Yqx3qB.png

SfC57VV.pngP1kh7iY.png

QAJQ68P.pngl2Wjjgx.png

KykHZv1.png

7eYxeEI.png

ftCcLXa.pngb7YfFtV.png

rqy3uij.png

CVlzVlh.png

1FFl4gx.png92LvSvz.pngv2YIXYJ.png

5vkPbOS.png

Atayb1P.pnga81CEaz.png

0Pn6Z6u.png

XChVHz8.pngoLVEtpR.png

jVnbZmy.png

JuwBamD.png

QLlqZgn.png

rFMGIEL.png

AZg4Ao1.png

mD9k2yM.png

8WPVmRN.png

4FT6tpn.png

hP8mWAO.png

nQzgx6t.pngrraGLUF.png

hk9oZvs.png

1sICL6y.png

pHU70rr.png

jtG5vHv.png

yIHfMyp.png

kuXfOQU.png

IA7S3Xa.png

mossKlf.png

lvu2Sor.png

Part 52 - The underwhelming finale.

On 22/7/2018 at 5:49 PM, Dayni said:

But do you have a problem with Genaeolgy?

Not really, no, aside from the clunky UI, the terrible balance and the rather questionable map design choices. The story, though? The story's great. It kicks FE6 completely out of the park, that much is true.

Well, that is, until you think about the fact that they decided to call two characters Luchar and Lucharba. Are you fucking serious, FEHeroes? What was your issue with Johan and Johalva that you deemed "Fight" and "Fightba" better names to make official? Hello! There are some spanish people playing your game, you idiots!

Eh, carrying a Wyrmslayer could still be useful imo. The BB isn't infinite.

No, but without it Roy can't do jack shit anyways, so...

It's a shame you won't let him return last minute.

Well...

Someone has to be y the king's side though.

Weeeeell...

Hah! You didn't see that one coming, did you?!

Oh man I am going to be that guy.

Vandal Savage: I may only know him from the DCAU, but oh my is Hereafter one of my favourite episodes because of him.

Damnit, I need to get more obscure than that!

It's not like I'd expect Yahn to do something int-

Wait, now's not the time. First I'll see the bastard dead. Don't care if the saying's to respect the dead, I won't be for him.

Jeez, you really love to hate him, don't you?

And she's a Trial Map unit too. With Anima and Light! She'd be really useful here.

A true Gotoh, unlike "I won't fight unless another swordfighter recruits me" man.

If he knew what happened to all his family though......

He won't know because nobody's gonna tell him, capicci?

Its a shame that hair that nice was utterly worthless.

The worst of the axemen. More in a minute.

I don't feel guilty.

It's just a shame that I doubt I'd ever get that lucky.

You could always buy him statboosters. I remember in one of my old runs I bought him enough stuff to get him to all of his caps except for luck, I think? And then gave him full supports with Lance and Allen. Good times.

Honestly, I think you missed an opportunity to get Boi levels.

Who cares?

Also, he got speed. Get more you red-capped bruised mushroom.

Once again, who cares? It's too late. At this point, all that matters is that the Binding Blade retains at least one use so that I may have Roy trigger the good ending.

His name is not as appropriate as it should be.

Poor Gale. That was not a very good day for him.

And thus the exp was taken by Miredy, running off with both it and the enemy.

She got 1 HP and I cried.

Also Gale.

Never forget Eyeless Camus.

Out of context this makes no sense.

Hwahahahahah... Ruben'sLPs!Matthis for Heroes? Alongside Frost, Albertus and a really ugly Wrys alt for the "bizarro Archanea" banner.

Really, Humphrey? Just pick a random general to cause trouble-

Words spoken moments before disaster.

Sort of.

HE HAD A CLEVER PLAN ALL ALONG?

Had to happen some day.

I suppose so, but he still only took one guy. The creator's self-insert, because he has no self-esteem, but...

Don't you dare plan to die.

Ah, we'll see.

They really did come prepared (probably imported armour effective bows). But does that mean they didn't account for the others?

The others aren't as important as the Great Matthis.

In all seriousness, don't forget, this guy was defeated by Matthis and his men. He probably came more prepared for them than the rest. Also, numbers always win, right?

Either way, soon I'll be able to tear into Yahn. Next time?

This time.

On 22/7/2018 at 6:34 PM, Pengaius said:

What, do you take me for, some kind of sadist taking pleasure in taunting you? wait for it

I don't think I need to say anything.

Oh, yeah! I remember him, he's that immortal guy from the justice league cartoon from like 2006(or something) the caveman who found a meteor and tried to take over the world.

Fuck me life, everyone remembers.

His Goose is cooked.(yeah it's weak but low blows are easy)

Oh, fuck you... hahahahahahah. You guys are great. I look forward to seeing you react to Jahn.

now here's something to hurt you more than a unit death

Marcus is only slightly better than Roy, he also has less skill. In other words:

MARCUS IS NOT AS SKILLED AS ROY!

...so? Skill is not an important stat, less so for sword fighters.

On 22/7/2018 at 8:52 PM, eclipse said:

Poor Geese never had a chance.  Maybe he can go say hi to his brother?

Knowing me, the LP canon for FE7 would probably that everyone died except for Wallace. Maybe I'll have to play FE7 at some point. Who knows.

On 23/7/2018 at 3:30 AM, Franp3 said:

You've just summarised all of FE in one sentence.

I know, FE 8, 9 and 10, but c'mon.

True. I guess.

Nice edit there.

Hey, thanks. I'm quite happy with it too.

I haven't commented to this update as much as I usually do. It's kinda hard so say something funny about the 600th variation of "Roy is bad".

> "I haven't commented as much as I usually do"

> Proceeds to make more comments, reaching the average comment quota.

So you made him survive ch21 just so he could get his ass kicked in 23. Simply brilliant.

But Martel!brilliant or brilliant brilliant?

From now on i'm going to read every single one of Dolphin's lines in that tone.

Too bad there are none left whatsoever.

>Battle formation
>Everyone forms in a straight line.

Next up, remember to bring your pillows!

Hey, it's as good a formation as any. It ensures any given unit will only take two blows at most.

On 23/7/2018 at 4:48 AM, Mad-manakete said:

Seems to me she was shopping down going for Zephiel. Just saying.

You can say that again. She's got everything!

Books, making people cry. Is she a general or I.M. Meen?

Pfffft. That's not a mental image I want to have.

WTK3Vdm.png

Speaking of I'll pretend I missed that Vandal Savage reference. It won't be true. But I'll pretend

It doesn't really work when you make it very obvious that you did get it. Hungh...

This is a special kind of sad. Chapter 7 is vying to get back some of it's notoriety after Murdock

Too bad, it still killed less than Murdock. And less important, to boot, Lance wasn't that great and the rest didn't matter from a gameplay perspective.

There's something sad about this being a moment that needs celebration. Why can't FE6 Roy be more like Super Smash Bros Roy

Because then he wouldn't even have range with his Binding Blade.

I would like to make a "looks like your Geese is cooked" pun, but it doesn't honestly work.

Somebody beat you to it, pal.

Gonzales and Garret both out to prove they can do more than Geese. Kind of figures.

Gonzo was obvious, but Garret? That's a new one.

Hopefully Geese is the end of the fatalities. What a way to go. Benched for most of the game and then killed when victory was in sight.

Probably will be. I can't imagine Jahn's scrubs killing anybody. Idun might prove to be slightly trickier, but we'll manage, I think.

On 23/7/2018 at 6:30 AM, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Yeah that's just...uh....I dunno if there's the right words to describe that.

Very true, I guess they were just trying to give you fun toys to play with. But really, having a few of those weapons in-game would have been so much nicer, especially since we're already sparse on some weapon types like Dark. Brave Sword also just feels really weird cause you get every other Brave weapon...

It's FE6. That's the explanation.

Makes sense I guess, good to know you'll read em regardless.

Hey, I like feedback. I'd like my next LP to be a little less of a trainwreck... oh, who am I kidding, the main selling point of my LPs is that they suck.

Yeah, I've always been happy both Lugh and Raigh were in the top ten, and the comments are a lot of fun like you said. Though even despite his popularity and relations to other characters, I've all but lost hope of Lugh (or any FE6 unit) getting into heroes for a long time after the recent update was Awakening again. Still got my hope for him in here for a few weeks at least...

The reason I haven't bought Fire Emblem Warriors and probably won't ever in a nutshel. Seriously, I have nothing against the 3DS titles, but it's kind of awkward to see so much fuss being made about characters I don't know in the least.

and again, why the heck is Astolfo in freakin 75th?

Because Japan doesn't like middle aged men without superpowers that are mature and realistic. Also, he can't promote.

On this update though, not particularly too much to say, but I really like how everything with Brunja was handled. Her portrait edits were great too. Interested in seeing how all this is gonna turn out, and I was wondering when Humphrey was gonna show up again.

Thanks, man. But that was only the beginning.

Also totally get the Vandal Savage reference, though he sticks out to me more from having watched Young Justice than his appearance in JL.

To be entirely honest, I haven't watched anything but the particular episode I was referencing. I'm that guy.

Spoiler

LcUqhLw.png

I mean, he technically wasn't part of Bern anymore, so yeah, there aren't any more Bernians there.

7t3IxbL.pngwLHdL4c.png1HhUvHj.png

Yes, but probably not in the way you'd like, game. You'll see what I mean.

9QDWroM.pngFbgHb8x.pnghurYTrg.pngGH0h0vc.pngHZ0izL2.pngbkO9Ylg.pngDeCCYzG.png9hGZckv.pngDpPPU3n.pnguRWytxh.png2HC8xjG.png

But first, let's get the final trading session out of the way so that we may begin... the final roll call! Remember last LP? Right before the last chapter, I went over all of my units and reminisced. Let's do that again now, shall we? I've much to say.

PNqfzFe.png

May as well begin with the protagonist. Roy's... well, Roy. He was the worst unit in my team forever and promoting didn't really change that. Really, the most he's done is make his mentor even more of a hilarious powerhouse. Now'd be a good time to say "speaking of...", but I want to save him for last. Therefore, let's instead go for...

k7vbrFG.png

Roy's other mentor, Cecilia, being used instead of...

olkx43Z.png

This little bitch who never had a chance! Shut up, that last level was not that great.

I'm really happy with Cecilia. I never thought she'd amount to anything, and deep down, I expected her to die. But nope, here she is, still the great staffbot and occasional chip damager she's always been. She's survived many messy encounters, she's been a reliable healer, a great support partner for Lilina and she's even had her moments in combat. Kudos to you, Cecilia, you defied my expectations. I never did use you seriously before. I see now that was a mistake.

qXZZW8T.png

We've just talked about her teacher, so it's only fair we now go on to talk about her student, who is the last surviving anima user, after...

6GjUppF.png1db0nC1.png

Hugh fought too well for his own good and Lugh forcefully became the secondary villain of the LP's plot.

Lilina's basically what you'd expect from her. She's got a ton of magic, and nothing else. Her speed's better than I thought it'd be, though, so there's that. A reliable Sage, I'm glad to still have her after worrying so much about her defense.

FnSUOqN.png

Speaking of worrisome defense!

bf16Mdr.png7owsqjb.png

Niime replaced these two after one of them fell prey of this game's critting shenanigans and the other was sniped by a guy who could swim up waterfalls.

Niime... eh. She's got a ton of power and decent speed, but even more so than Lilina, she just can't take a hit. Almost literally everything kills her in one hit. This, coupled with her high-ass level, made me use her mainly as a staffbot, discarding nosferatanking except for extreme cases. Still, last dark mage, I'll take her for what she's worth.

xriM9qr.png

Saul. Saul, Saul, Saul. Something feels wrong about the fact that this guy is the speediest member of my team. My first offensive mage who could actually fight without getting destroyed, he's always been quite reliable. His usability took a mighty blow when her bodyguard bit the dust, though, as he could no longer avoid everything as he used to. Even so, I like him. He helped a lot all throughout the game, even if his highest point was obviously the midgame.

rzhcQLF.png

I kept comparing her with Castor, but really, I think a better last LP counterpart for Sue would be Athena, the late bloomer. Sue was pretty bad at the beginning, but as time went on, she became better and better until finally, I ended up using her for more than just "having the ability to choose between Ilia and Sacae easily". Good thing, too, because she was bad as hell at that. I still have Vietnam flashbacks to that day... urk. Good unit, in the end. I'm happy I gave her a thousand chances.

qVEJJ3V.png

While we're on the subject of bow units, here's Igrene, sadly replacing...

EZdJgW8.png

The brave Dorothy. Still makes me cry.

Igrene wasn't as much of a replacement as an alternative to Dorothy. When heavy damage was needed, they were my go-to ladies, and even after Dorothy fell, Igrene took on her mantle in flying colours. Igrene's case is a tad more impressive because she's a prepromote who's grown to surpass her unpromoted counterpart in quite a few areas, but they were both two of the units I was the fondest of. I'm glad at least Igrene survived. She supports...

3bqrKJ6.png

The Dougy himself! Hahahah...

IODCYjo.pngiE0Fsil.png

He was my last-ditch attempt at having a General in the team after Bors died because I'm dumb and Wendy followed suit because she's dumb.

And boy, am I glad I did use him after all. What a hilarious guy. It's been so much fun to use him. Look at that defense! Look at that strength! Who cares if he has no speed? It's enough to prevent him from being doubled by most things! Who cares if Generals in general have no move to their name? With those boots of his, he'll walk the distance, whether the enemy likes it or not, FOR THE GLORY OF THE KING, MAY HE LIVE LONG!! I love you, Dougy. You've made me laugh so much, but in a good way. You, Dougy, are a marvelous unit. Don't let Gamefaqs, Serenes, every tier list ever, and Dayni convince you otherwise.

Literally noone, replacing...

mZrgrQ0.png

Tate. God damnit, Tate. You died too soon, girl. Too soon... she died because she was too good for her own good. Need I say more? She was so amazing, she died for it. Fuck my life.

LeiOIvc.png

Astolfo, the designated Thief. Reliable guy. Could take a hit or two if he had to. I just wish I could've promoted him. I still remember the day he spent a whole chapter stuck inside a treasury. Hey, coincidentally, that was the only chapter where everything went according to plan, and the chapter that gave me the Dougyman! Good times, good times. My perception of some chapters has changed after ironmanning the game, but that chapter remains as one of my favourite chapters in this game.

iOfgY4q.png

Merlinus died 16 times. Wish he died more, though. He deserves all the deaths in the world and more, and you know why? Because he's to blame for chapter 7! He's the worst villain in games!

The time has come. It's time to talk of the best of the best.

QYKKDkA.png

Starting with the worst of the best of the best, who is still one of the best nonetheless!

z9w6Bvl.pngwT4CrP0.png(Couldn't be arsed to find Geese's final level sorry)

Wade, alongside his partner, were my first axemen, and far surpassed the rest after they arrived. Wade himself lacks speed, but my goodness look at that strength, that defense! He's like a less defensible but more offensive Dougy. Absolutely amazing, but... not as much as The Man. Here he is.

KCxUJ45.png

Lot, you amazing man. You, my friend, got everything: amazing defenses, formidable dodging abilities, good enough strength, impressive skill for an axeman... even that streak of awful levels after you promoted weren't enough to prevent you from being the unquestionable MVP of this LP.

You killed the king himself, you killed Leygance after a hundred turns, Henning after less than a hundred turns, you tanked half the enemy forces of chapter 7 by yourself, you were invincible the whole game! Even at base you still helped a lot in chapter 2! You never even came close to dying, there wasn't a single close call with you that I can recall! Noone else can say that, not even Matthis can say that! Whenever I was in doubt, I just sent you in and that was the end of it! Your only flaw was that there weren't more of you! This Lot is probably the most amazing unit I've ever had in this game, I'm dead fucking serious!

There's nothing I can say to do him justice: he was unbelievably great in the earlygame, he was unbelievably great in the midgame, he was unbelievably great in the lategame, he's unbelievably great now and he will be unbelievably great all the way to the very moment Idun is slain, all while having a great personality and a killer mug too. He's everything I want and more. I feel the homosexuality flowing through me just looking at him. Damn, what a man. What-a-man.

And so, only one remains. He may not be as broken as Lot, or as hilarious as Dougy, or as hot as Cecilia or Igrene (although that's probably debatable), but...

He has something else. He has something else that makes him even more mind-blowing than the rest, something that elevates him above the rest of us mortals. Allow me to tell you... the story of Marcus.

ww547X1.png

It started when I decided I wanted a sword user and a horseman. There were many options. I thought it'd be easy. I used Jeigan to get me through the earlygame while I decided on who it'd be that would go on to become the wielder of the legendary Durandal.

NpK4PS7.pngGdMfaFp.pngu5cbuEQ.png7ltAKu8.pngLMaITUi.png4XUo65a.pngJbkfgdw.pngZehAnDi.pngmZpSsF3.pngxjsnE3s.png

But then, they all died. Every single one of my sword users and cavaliers either bit the dust, were crippled, or were rendered unrecruitable. A menace loomed over me...

QhncFXV.png Credit!

Waiting for the inevitable time when I would be forced to use him... to give him the legendary weapon... to make him the most important person of the LP...

However!

zo7AcDQ.png

A hero came forth!

6p0Av1Z.png

One man held strong to his deployment slot. One man, determined to save me from such foul fate as having to use the top tier Paladin himself!

eLRvf8r.png

And so, this man defied the odds and strived to become the best Paladin in all of Elibe!

fetUjdD.pngdfCxGUr.png

Kug6bOk.pngMgQhkz1.png

Tj5ge9G.png

There were times when doubt clouded his heart. He thought he'd never make it... he thought he'd best make way for the younger, higher-tiered Paladin.

rZwqVNH.pngAkzmwWk.pngGaGHzVm.pngHqXDVPQ.png

But those around him showed him their support, and would not allow him to give up, for all of Pherae's hopes and dreams fell upon his shoulders. And so, he pressed on...

qE8qdwI.png

He prevailed!

kr49tzj.png

And he succeeded.

VdmWlWX.png

And in the end, he was the one! The one who saved the LP! The one who gave me hope when I had none left!

uGqFIjM.png

The last swordsman...

77FjME0.png

The last rider...

4efJH7r.png

And the best of them all.

45uzCLZ.png

And that, my friends, is the story of this LP. The music helps make it all sound epic, when the sad truth is that I had to use the fucking Jeigan of the game because I had nobody else and I was too stubborn to use Perceval. I should be counting my lucky stars that he was so blessed.

WUobaJc.png

But, all things considered, even if Marcus wasn't as awesome as he is...

VwUOWZx.png

...we still would've had enough badasses to get through.

7ZuE8QJ.png

Time to make history.

BhWUlBl.pnggzEBDwy.png

But first, talking. What conditions? These "conditions" of yours, Roy, don't hinder any of your units, up to and including yourself!

cvnw5Im.pngAFt8s7P.png

He's a bad villain, that's who.

iqfzB4C.pngBscmRBv.pngLbxDt5c.pngS0zowJk.png

Sigh... I'm so glad the end of the game is upon us. I'm so fucking sick of Roy's manner of speech.

l7Kqjaq.png

Yes, he has a couple more points of speed.

tBAK9lO.png

C'mon, Roy, I thought we'd already established who the demon dragon is.

3s1IKsb.pngX7GYZrm.pngNBmtkAA.pngEqZgtbl.png

So you're a special little snowflake, is that what you're saying?

fK1gvHE.pngUuCEsTl.pngtMcWUQx.pngPncoW27.png

See, the narrator makes it seem like this chapter is going to prove, once and for all, that the dragons did nothing wrong. Nothing further from the truth.

yE6P5dl.pngMVghHh1.pngjUDTm4q.png

"WHAT THE FUCK IS THE DEMON DRAGON YOU BDASTARD!? ANSWER ME!"

lmwr7Cw.pngntrCxyH.pngVKkEcdQ.pngK2Uy7b6.png

Oh my God, this guy is too stupid.

DqvCYkU.png

Yeah, I feel you, Roy.

vGJSyxO.png1Dxil8d.png

Oh, no, not a test, please. Why do you dragons always have to be so inconvenient and pompous? But at least you're not supposed to be my greatest ally. That places you barely below Book2!Gotoh in the list of people who are extremely idiotic. Just barely.

r7k8h2s.pnghMkipwg.pngaHEwQ8F.png

So we're going to do exactly what we were about to do anyway, except we get trivia as a bonus. Good job, Jahn.

SH3xBm7.pngaqXhGwB.pngSGIgNks.pngobnFLPb.png

Cool. May we begin? Or do you have more words to spit out?

raFpp35.png

Soooo today's team is this. I didn't want to show it before because it would've ruined the mood, but now's as good a time as any.

Xh5ZMEY.png

Saul got the bench. Now, I know what you're thinking: "hurr but Ruben why not bench Cecilia?!". Well, let me tell you why. There are multiple reasons:

1- Saul supports nobody on the current team.

2- Lilina is so powerful (more so with Cecilia by her side) that having her use the Forblaze is just overkill. She does a perfectly fine job with just Elfire and Aircalibur. Therefore, that leaves the Forblaze up for grabs. Who else can use the Forblaze? Exactly.

3- While on the subject of Forblaze, it has a few more uses left than the Aureola. That's very important.

4- Because I am dumb, I didn't buy an extra physic staff in the last chapter. After three heals, the third healer will be rendered rangeless.

5- Cecilia is Best Etrurian whereas Saul is the worst human being ever.

Convinced yet? No? Well, just wait and see how she performs in this map. Speaking of...

Ip2W3Rc.png

I didn't bother making a full map today. You know why?

Fsnmn8T.png

Because this is how the rest of the map looks like. There's no point in wasting my time making a map of this five times over.

JFi3Rl3.pngLRylc9V.png

The first two turns are just walking.

oqmxh9N.png

Guess what, the dragons stay put until you move inside their range.

28rakT7.pngbZLum2E.png0bC40Am.png

Let's bring the battle to them then. Sending in Niime would be reckless, so let's just employ the axe siblings, as always.

EvtfJ4c.pngqjKwZCK.pngAAvptVq.png

Not bad. One of two is good.

2wIldhA.png

That's that.

opbWF8G.png7eI0Gup.png

Not wanting to get hurt, the dragons go after Lot, who takes two fire breaths to the face like a champ.

v2QDiYU.pngfPNhTNd.png44rqOSk.png

And that's it for the Throne Holder's bodyguards.

sVn0ZTv.png

To kill the Throne Holder itself, Igrene fires two silver arrows at him. She misses one, but that's all right.

FkszQZB.pngsugwC6H.pngsK9mpLz.png

Marcus is right there, ready to finish the job.

On 22/7/2018 at 5:08 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

GAeNx8z.pngh9Xu5j9.png

So much for that, eh, Little Shit?

0g31i14.pngCEcRnDG.png

That's, of course, not the end of it. Roy needs to sit on the throne before we can move on.

osVjToc.png6cjTIFb.png

So while the rest of the team moves onward...

9tm171X.pngZ9qeTj3.png

Roy claims the fancy seat.

EEA70Vp.pnghzKhEmg.png

And now we get text.

E8Ypuxl.png505cbNd.png1VF0Nn5.pngHeYlhKU.png

Or your lack thereof. I'm thinking both.

47cVevR.pngY12TnOl.png

Psche. Like this buffoon and his troupé of clowns have any chance.

7R6vvzn.png

You can't really pull off the smug act when your troops died faster than those of the first chapter. Or the tutorial. Seriously, remember that throwaway flashback joke with Cecilia on the tutorial I made ages ago, in chapter 7? Beating the tutorial to get those screenshots took me longer than this.

GHIG78m.pngM9Bto9d.pngJVGTLvt.png

Didn't you say this already?

8f1OXPg.pngXBzO3Ig.png2P0Rywh.pngruD2BgR.png

...er... didn't you say this already?

yzoZxe6.png

Didn't you say this alreadydidn't you say this alreadydidn't you say this alreadydidn't you say this alreadydidn't you say this alreadydidn't you say this already????????????

8WRPzni.pngh6Sf1Zc.png

Finally, something new. I think.

JY5EydY.pngHk0tOSL.png

You ready, guys? Say it with me: the dragons did nothing wrong.

3S0b4ST.pngM0tMbb9.png

Nooooooooothing wroooooooooong...

8cF9JTo.png

Nothing at all!

V3Z9FOi.png

Roy is understandably bewildered.

Weupe75.pngF6b5HzW.pngzRXqsmR.pngB4AtHn8.png

I mean, you'll have to forgive me for being uncharacteristically uncynical, but... Jesus Christ, Jahn, you guys deserved to lose.

K79ao0S.png8UAj4gO.pngcWgA3Dd.png

Of course, that's not to say humans were the pinnacle of kindness in that war, but...

8wsQQZS.png

Okay, let's stop for a moment here. You got that process? Move, lure closer, fight, seize, read? Good, because we'll be doing that five times and that'll be it.

LdoYNwr.png

Oh, with one difference: this one dragon moves.

h2H1GeS.pngAiNKGY2.pngW0YpC75.png

Scary.

FlVd87n.png

Pffft! It got doubled by Dougy. So sad... so very pitiful...!

Om3nAv7.pngsY0RhXW.png

No, really. The problem with this finale is that it's fundamentally flawed. A finale that consists solely of throwing a few of an enemy type the legendary weapons obliterate at a time can only be designed in two ways: either make them so sturdy only the legendary weapons can do anything to them, meaning if you lost them all in Brunja's chapter, or if you still have them but with very few uses, it becomes impossible; or you make them weak enough that you may still have a chance with standard weapons, which causes the overall difficulty to plummet if you have the legendaries on top of everything else.

For all the flak they get, FE11 and FE12 have my favourite finales, honestly. FE11 is one big chapter with strong enemies wielding silver weaponery, an extremely strong boss, reinforcements... it may not be that different from everything else, but it's a lot of fun. FE12 is also dragons only, but since they don't come three at a time, they actually move, the map isn't filled with chokepoints like this one is, and only a few things deal effective damage to them (and all of them are melee weapons, so their wielders risk taking a hit if they can't kill their opponents), they actually pose a threat. Add the whole cleric bussiness on top of that, and you got a very decent finale that's actually somewhat challenging.

This? This is just sad.

Lkj21Sd.pngLIvkkus.pngCvqKXID.png

But, excuse me, I forgot one thing. There are reinforcements in this chapter.

PVLgSF8.png

Except unlike in FE12, where they appeared right behind Medeus, forcing you to confront them one way or another, these ones appear behind you.

eWnvdmm.pngAnf184J.png

Oh, and they still have five movement points and suck, if you're thinking they could be an effective time limit. Nope. If they manage to catch up to you - which is very unlikely, since the slowest units at this point are bootless Generals and Fae, both of which can move as fast as the Manaketes - you just kill them and move on.

QlQqh6o.pngCTQm4O7.png

The only one they can really outrun is Roy, since he has to stop to capture every single throne, but even then, it's not a problem, because rescuing exists in this game.

Mtj2URp.pngQ15FM2H.png

Sorry for being so persistent, but it's just... I really like FE6, but there's a reason why my profile says my favourite game is FE12. I've played FE6 so many more times than FE12, but I still believe 12 to be the superior game, and this is one of the reasons why: this finale fails in so many levels, it's ridiculous.

KyGeqNt.png

Even Roy can do things! When was the last time that happened?

QAc9Tky.png

Still, let's try to save up some Binding Bld uses. Igrene, soften it up with your killer bow.

bCplEKT.pngP5OVpuv.pngqf31Wg4.png

Cool. Now get a good level up, if you please.

tNAaoEP.png

Noooooooo! That's horrible! What are you getting defense for, you still get 2-shot without the Binding Blade... and with it, too! Get strength, you idiot!

uHKksqW.pngiC8vXY0.pngbntPKdZ.pngBTbd1Wg.png

Marcus will be using the Wyrmslayer, because Roy wouldn't be able to do much with it and I want to preserve the Durandal a little. Idun may be really easy, but I still want to make it as easy for Roy as possible, and that will require some softening up with standard legendary weapons.

AXcVJHo.pngDQyN7tp.png

Okay.

DidwU44.pngs5Xu5Vq.png

That's the end of that.

p4SwYyu.png

How I wish I could say the same.

3K5fTwo.png

At this rate? The sky's the limit.

kQw44Xn.png4S9yBMw.pngqWRxNIp.pngD02E9Pk.png

Man, those ye olde wights were some real players, weren't they? Nowadays, everything is rape, and kids cost a fortune and half to mantain. I'd like to see us win against the dragons now, with all the organizations that'd pop up defending them even after they turned one of their own kin into a brainless husk of flesh so she could make more brainless husks of flesh to use as cannon fodder. #Dragonlivesmatter, anyone?

VZboXre.pngZNczYpN.png

Oh, for the love of Go-- can you stop it already? I know that! I don't have amnesia, as far as I recall! And I thought Ace Attorney was bad with flashbacks!

MnNOEQ8.pngDz3BoZR.png

And, seeing how things turned out, they were right.

syNRUxJ.pngZCC5t12.pngQ6Cc33u.png

Oh, I don't know, so they don't rape the free will out of them?

ppKKL5d.pngIKxsjbi.pngpBPQqt7.png

"Daddy daddy how long 'til we get there?"

"Idun, dear, we don't even know where we're going"

"Daddy daddy I'm tired"

"Sigh..."

"Daddy daddy daddy dad--"

"Okay, dear, we're here! You just... uh... wait here until we get the... owner of this place!"

"Okay, daddy!"

And that's how FE6 came to be.

oYwIHRA.pngfFy7Por.pngACkXOuN.png

In all seriousness, though, this is horrible.

9u2HSA5.pngkpdvN75.pngratz9Gk.png13Pde5x.png

I'm sure a misanthropist would have a field day with this guy. I should show it to a friend of mine...

1jdxD1X.pngyg3sNUW.pngQx7iWPY.png

Gee, I wonder why! You wanted her to become a genocider after you forced her entire tribe to escape! How immature of her, not to obey your every command!

n9qyTRv.pngLBr1DNk.pngz0evXPj.pngs0O1jy6.png

At least Roy acknowledges the fact that this is hideously psychotic.

KLhKItU.pngxNNEi8e.png

Oh, don't worry, we'll do that. It's not like we have anything else to do.

YSJluCe.png

Next room. You were expecting anything different? Well, fuck you, this is all you get to break the monotony.

dsy4uqD.png9xne154.pngnOE9kE8.pngxcPKHbF.png

Marcus summons a scimitar version of Durandal in order to bring this dragon down more efficiently.

5Jh2ZCI.pnggGopaV6.pngAETDFcU.png

Cecilia gets another good level.

qvkkMTo.pngIHad0kK.pngNh9uQEt.pngApSXDtd.png

Then, Cecilia and Roy take fire to the face. Seriously, the only thing that scares me about these assholes is the tiny crit chance.

xfdlzqh.pngWo7H3Uk.pngMJY0ttK.pngqlLMDJP.png

Oki dokie, that's that.

l9SL73z.png

In a rare stroke of competence, IntSys made it so that the reinforcements don't pop out of the beginning all the chapter: as you advance, they start coming out of the second last throne you captured, because that makes sense, I guess. Maybe it's a demonic throne, like the one randomly placed in front of Castle Ostia's gate.

FGxpZF5.png

I tried to see just how much could Fae do, but she can't even get to the action. Excellent.

lz3etkt.pngD4S77QX.png

Done. Let's have more text.

lyGShZR.pngPsiqnYU.pngWETQDAa.png

That's a weird compliment.

9BcmzdY.pngTlZYfue.pngJC5prYa.png6MDe6O1.png

Same reason you're kicking his ass now, Roy.

DwsUfzs.pngtjRRWzu.png4h5larQ.png

How? Even if there were 50 dragons, they still have no range. A bunch of Sages should've done it. What were you thinking, past tactician?

qG4947y.pngSziaHC9.pnguo1G5eN.pngaxLzFQu.png

So, as opposed to outnumbering them, we decided it was best to have eight guys slaughtering the entirety of the opposition? Very FE strategy.

2sf8n0l.pngrYFdK5I.pngCfk33CS.png

In a battle that was probably far more impressive and fun than this one.

Gm2K4lu.pngPp5sa2T.pngpxP9fqB.png2fJdd6f.png

Why does this remind me of the Brilliant Dumbass? He, too, wanted to tamper with the laws of nature. The difference is, he's the worst thing ever, whereas Jahn is just bad.

leipxAx.pngAfNljtW.pngJiRc5wY.png

Technically, that was part of it, yeah. We were a bit dumb not to foresee that the weapons would implode if they collided with the breath of the dragons for whatever reason, but the dragons, too, could've seen it coming. Both parties fucked up, there. They both ultimately wanted the earth intact, after all.

7jHuRdx.pngtHQyGTd.pngG9Nynf5.pngg1JwboU.png

Yes, yes you were, part of it, at the very least.

0lTKvDn.png2P5h3NC.pngFVQZ5hw.png

The traps that-- you mean they hid these contraptions that had the potential to destroy the world behind spears that do 10 damage?! What in the world was wrong with those guys? Who was in charge of hiding the weapons? An ancestor of Martel?

sN0NevO.png

No no no no, you're wrong, Jahn, that was so idiotic. Why is every figure of legend in the Elibean lore so bad at things? Athos forgot he put a village in a desert, Bramimond put the well-being of his edginess above all else, Durban cursed his own weapon so that those who used it to save the world would die a terrible death (although that's debatable), Hartmut didn't kill the ultimate weapon of mass genocide, the guy from Lycia whose name I can't remember... I don't know, but I'm sure he was a jerk, too. Everyone sucked! How did we win?

Oh, right. The dragons were even worse. More on that later.

jtRXc00.pngSQ6TpCv.png

Wouldn't it be so much fun if now the world exploded and the game ended there? I would love it, personally.

fuM4BfH.png6DmsvVO.png8n9iglT.pngofsXgG0.png

Isn't that convenient. Why even bring up that contrived argument to make humans look bad if you're just going to wave it off with such a weak excuse?

wPAtpUw.pngmrSaiYK.pngS6WGhJP.png

Then maybe you should've tried holding back a little so you wouldn't kill yourselves, hmm?

qeK93fg.pngQ3196CT.png

Very well, it's now time for more of the same! You having fun? I sure did when I played through this.

PqlYo7N.png

And no, the dragons haven't changed. Still get doubled by Cecilia.

QTYCgLy.pngTeOic6U.pngMLY7oAF.pngW5BEdGk.png

Only through lucky misses can they do so much as get me to use the legendary weapons.

CXjzZyY.png

Why, yes, you're seeing right: Cecilia is frontlining. That's how pitiful this chapter is.

YUNkEFm.png

Now it's this throne that spits out dragons. The throne is the mightiest entity I've faced thus far inside the sanctuary.

R2zWPFh.pngNxHI6ME.png

That's the best Valkyrie crit I could get. Both Valks and Bishops are so annoying.

WFxL3au.pngz3ShLF9.pngjnyV05v.png

Aaaand that's almost that. For what it's worth, I've got to hand it to you, generic dragons from generic dragon chamber #4: you took a turn longer than the rest to die.

3VNr0Ou.png

They're closing in on Roy. Maybe I'll have to kill one or two in the next chamber.

3XRP0Ua.pngSeFp65H.pngu7ir9q4.png

Stop it already, why so much missing? Do these dragons not scare you?

Ahem.

SIyixv6.pnga57ehs5.pngEf16Tdj.pngtAn1F00.png

Raise your hand if you think Jahn will take less time than this random guy to go down. I'm betting on the generic, myself.

yJyKJ98.png169581I.png6r5CbrR.png

Alas, all good things must come to an end. Sorry, pal, you were marginally better than the rest of these clowns.

ZACenOP.pngZoYfhts.png

Isn't that convenient. Only one Armads use left. Make the most of it, Lot.

wfOgRz7.png

Well, it'll take Roy a couple more turns to reach the throne, so...

2KUqs7s.pngTRdkVpD.png

Might as well read some words to get us warmed up for Jahn's next barrage.

R2yNOzg.pngz7IK2ih.png

Roy is really worried about Lilina.

eu6lHaf.pngZpKX2qs.png

Emphasis on "really". Seriously, Roy? She may be made of wet cigar paper, but she's still better than you by a huge margin.

rxP5dRH.pnggHPLJQi.pngkxHdyQJ.pngdUlYEq2.png

Bitch please, this is the easiest chapter in the entire game. Calm your headband.

ILhMvwm.pngyXrGFo4.pngxbbJ6GV.pngj4lYUjK.png

Wasn't that cute. A shame that's the end of their relationship.

gmOVna2.png1KSJhfw.png

More words, mooore! I want all the words!

qkKEnmN.png

You think?

akZ7iWx.pngl4347Vc.pngsiUEkUx.pngX5RwUbH.png

Let's read that again, shall we? The dragons could not mantain their dragon forms because it cost them too much of their energy. The dragons could not keep on being dragons because merely existing is tiresome for a dragon.

Maybe it wasn't humanity as much as evolution that wanted you guys dead. Have you ever considered that in your millennium-long beauty sleep, Jahn?

1E75UJy.pngf2BpySH.pngwDHsCP0.pngobFo5Fu.png

And to avoid killing themselves by existing, they turned into inferior versions of their bitter enemy so that they'd have an even easier time eradicating them. Cockroaches are more of a threat than these buffoons, jeez. At least they can be without falling over and suffering a stroke.

No, I'm serious, why do you do this, FE6? Why do you take dragons and make them die by existing? This isn't how you make a proper fantastic species. I wouldn't have as much of a problem if the humans also died by existing as a result of the Ending Winter, but...

DLd9MMm.pngj9tMo9D.pngQwiKJIU.pngWnni5n4.png

...they didn't! They were just swell! Enough to easily stomp the dragons out, even! And the dragons had to transform into humans in order not to die by existing, which means humans were good in this "new order of nature" of Jahn's! It is never mentioned that the fauna or the flora of Elibe suffered as a result of the Ending Winter! It feels like the dragons were the only ones who were truly screwed over by this! And they expect me to fear or at the very least respect these enemies! This is no gameplay-story segregation, the dragons are just as terrible storywise as they are gameplaywise!

Who said Archanea treated the dragons the worst? I clearly remember someone saying that in this thread, and I replied by saying that, yes, I agreed. Well, scratch that! I had no memory of this shit! Who cares if Archanean dragons go mad if they keep on being dragons? At least they didn't outright die from just being there! This is ridiculous!

U6rIufJ.pngPnSw46N.png

This guy is the strongest of the dragons, as he's the only one who survived. Or maybe he just hid under a cupboard or something and that's why he didn't get killed, making him the smartest of the dragons. In any case, what this tells us is that Jahn is the best the dragonkin has, and ever had to offer. Keep this in mind as I keep on rushing through the easiest chapter in the entire game, in which he's the leader of the enemy.

YztLwJf.pngT0yrIT9.png

"Preposterous" is quite the emotional word. It indicates contempt and disdain. Those are emotions.

ihK8G49.pngbMrQ4Tj.png

You battled for survival against the humans even though it was the universe that sought to extinct your kin. Right...

4ZkogsX.pngBckZM6K.pngfP35GZj.png

This is beautiful. We are about to find out that even a raging madman like Zephiel was smarter than every dragon ever. Amazing. Watch well.

OYYpXsX.pngCBRZdXl.pngm9Itcn1.png

Never mind, we must kill three dragons before we get there.

ZgW4nEf.pngGktDFM2.png

But first, let's have Roy catch up to his army. All this throne-catching is causing him to lag behind.

wetsQtX.pngeUuTDAF.png

Igrene shoots an arrow at a dragon. Judging by the white lights, I'd wager it's one of those Heavenly Arrows she's kept pocketed since the tower of Dougy.

9OSo3kp.pngOuqJhM8.pngUAhZZMN.png

And some rescuing shenanigans later...

OYNavyI.png

...the dragons are effectively back to square one.

flpkutW.png

Just out of curiousity, let's see how the LEGENDARY DIVINE DRAGON OF GREATNESS does against her fellow imbeciles.

8EAZjkL.png

Hahahahahahahahahah. Amazing. Fuckin' A, par for the course when it comes to dragons, I guess. I mean, don't forget, it hurts Fae to exist.

VYyK4z5.png2Gec3BO.png

That taken care of, it's time for more routine.

TEbvSSP.pngvStRcZq.pngI3QhZgk.png2ZOFQ2B.png

Lot takes two firestarters to the face. He emerges victorious.

t4GHEzk.pngo0MaAQo.pngdBDEYqn.pngw0qpHQY.png

Then he helps Wade to finish off one of the dragons.

t1IqPHB.pngF2SWzzN.pngvMZrbaY.png9M81M3Y.png

The boss goes down. Thanks, Binding Blade.

VooMEPE.png

Eh, that'll help you kill dragons.

QJrdUke.pngpN4Eu1L.png

Worth a-- okay, no, it wasn't.

N1h3Bkn.pngL6hUAPe.png

Gotta move. Otherwise I'll have to stop to kill dragons, and that'd be slightly tedious.

tI7e6ZB.pngwGEruNw.pngkCo7gu1.png

So let's-- fuck. Even the flashbangs failed to work. This guy is competent for a dragon.

MnBQv5T.pngUZDMvGW.png

Jeez, enough is enough!

3brWJyv.png

How ironic that Dougy would be the first to get a hit in. Must've been really focusing on the memory of his king.

ZVFxbH9.pngSp3dEv4.png

And that would be that.

MPHIUB4.png

Seizure!

SdBaG89.pngQfdvUsg.pngFN5XACk.pngwPkhJxz.png

Not him, but the others? Don't even doubt it.

jDQmea9.pngQMuT8iF.pngxdINodW.png

Yes, yes, we know.

mAPFBTW.pngcxu8900.png4jHg715.png

Yes, yes, we also know. Proceed.

qeK93fg.png

You son of a--

G9lcTa2.png7TfeNZv.png

Okay, no, just joking.

ywwMcrX.pngAey6PYX.png

But she's not blank-eyed. In fact, her eyes are quite colourful.

qUkRbTH.pngtm3XnOM.png

Keep this fact in mind.

n3DQ3Oc.png

Jahn's hammering it in for me. Thanks, Jahn.

GzDevdc.png6TmixYs.pngfreCZrA.pngE6j8ZXd.png

Mute? Blank-eyed? What drugs are you on, Jahn? Idun is neither mute nor blank-eyed!

IcSmRBM.png3C2U2SH.pngm2AgvOv.pngZUFnurI.png

Well, that was pointless.

bfCArWb.pngnbv6fq2.pngCoZlRNk.pngqO9sNKg.png

Can we stop discussing things we know and get to the point already? I'm itching for some ranting.

z78XLQY.pnghHfw1CW.pngFdoe5cx.pnghgnzbl4.png

Oh, please. I didn't remember this, either! I was convinced that Hartmut just held back, struck her somewhere it wouldn't kill her, I don't know, anything but "magical sword spares badgirl because feelings are magic"!

6F3BYsE.png5gTAroD.pngu6u1Thr.png

Understandably so, mind you. What you did was awful.

6xTNwwJ.png

Ah, yes, there are lots of things you cannot understand, like existing without dying from a random aneurism.

LFqUhrr.png43UaMTp.pngQ2DjSNt.png

We get it! Shut your trap already!

AEcFA99.pngPZ6MzrT.png5afdyOW.pngtNZzjZj.png

Why didn't he throw the Fire Emblem away, then? Why keep the keys to a semi-living weapon of mass destruction in the same, easily-accessible place? At least put them in separate buildings, you dumbass!

LSC9gOQ.pngTqIOMdq.pngHp4Vqvu.png

This whole game is Hartmut's fault, then. Whew, boy. Ruud, you've just been outdone.

hyWITUa.pngqQaGZrf.pngB3yWNzS.pngfXn0xEH.png

Oh, so you mean we could've had this conversation with Zeph and nothing would've changed? Awesome. You're ten times even more unnecessary now, Jahn! I'm so happy for you!

8a2azAU.pngIhnJMJj.pngrUv4Hy8.png

Baaaah, fuck you in the ass, now I have to comment on more boring gameplay before we can get to the point I wanted to rant about.

yf7zV94.png

Well, I mean... you know what?

Nbo67Lt.pngg6xpp3J.png

Fae runs so quickly, it distorts time and space. We're moving very fast now.

YyAfI8K.png0jpNAMm.pngyfVwqQi.png

Cecilia gets this great level up...

IZcX0q8.png6dRcaZE.png5SJIsHU.png

The dragons have finally caught up to us, so Dougy'll be taking care of that, like so...

Og9T2KD.png

Bossman's down but Roy sucks ass...

hqJTNiz.png

Okay.

ocuCB8x.png

Finally.

bLAqX1U.png4u7ix8t.pngYk6kEYB.png88mdG5F.png

Man, that must've been so boring. How did you cope with it?

szmIviI.pngneefPvQ.pngJlapeYw.pngAEdDMEV.png

Oh, for the love of-- more shit we already know?

inaIAvQ.pngpZorCuZ.pngHDbjDFk.pngdvtwEnm.png

Something new, at last, but wait! Don't celebrate just yet! It's a completely arbitrary connection between the demon dragon and the stone surrounding it! Hurray!

Qe9a1nj.pngKleBPrp.png

And no, it wasn't the sealing that caused that connection to occur. It already existed.

eSWqDi9.pngEwcuXTP.pngX7VeIZY.png

Also, you'd randomly die if you assumed your true form.

08vAFXQ.pngPfudiZ3.pngMyHQluD.pngAqpsVh2.png

Relatively? Relatively!? You're the only surviving dragon, for crying out loud, and you're only "relatively" powerful?

As a side note, I positively love how they forgot that thirty seconds ago they had established that the sanctuary's power was crippled due to Idun being sealed, yet here we are, saying that apparently it does have power all of sudden. Who wrote this, the 5 year old son of the boss of IntSys?

Cmg3fXD.pngo0tdxKu.png

Fsss... obviously! Get to the point!

KMjnr5e.pngcaZLHfb.png

Oh my God, I'm falling asleep... well, no, I ain't, but that's only because I'm writing.

Py5kphx.pngpHpaBwS.png

Do you know of the hack, "Order of the Crimson Arm"? A complete release (well, sort of) was pushed a few weeks back, which means there now are, what? Four complete FE hacks out there? Hacks that change everything, I mean.

acyhzUC.pngMFOn208.png

I'm really liking it. Thus far, I've been having a blast playing it, even if it does have a few issues here and there.

4MuntkN.pngE8ig4Tm.png

I am in the game, too! I am the tactician of the army. I use dark magic there, I make awesome plans that save the day and I have the Necromancer sprite. My dream come true.

0gtG4Kj.pngGVto40A.png

Except for the fact that the sprite's colour palette is bugged (and no, it's not my fault, the sprite's slightly messed up), my plans as the plot tactician are about as bad as those I make in real life when I'm playing FE, and some random Shaman chick that joined was better than me at base with several less levels than me, but oh well, you win some and you lose some.

d5WEJuK.png4TxgPLL.png

It lacks a bit of polish in some areas, and the creator's been MIA since he announced some "unexpected housing issues" that would delay the actually-full release's release, but I'd recommend you give it a shot, as none of the hack's issues are gameplay-related, which is by far the strongest point of the game, very good overall, and pretty much perfectly complete. The current patch only lacks the last two chapters of plot and has a severe need of scene fixing. Seriously, I see FE7 scenes, bios and objectives popping up all the time. Still, gameplay's solid. And, hey, gameplay's what matters most, right?

B4oSttG.pngj68s2Zx.png

I'm running out of unrelated things to say.

MwiePii.png

Finally! This!

c9QETak.png41afJEh.png7QT8B4H.pngGuigVVQ.png

Wait for it...

7yroeb0.pngsPZegE7.png

Ahahahahah! Yeeeeeeeah! Ten out of ten, dragons.

n3DQ3Oc.png

Even a raging mad man thought to order her to keep fighting after his death, just in case. But not the dragons, nope, the dragons neglected to do something as ludicrously easy as saying "hey, Idun, if I die, don't just roll into a ball and cry in a corner, okay? Keep fighting those blasted humans", and you know why that is? It's because dragons aren't just so weak they die by existing, they're also so dumb, an insane person is smarter than them.

This whole finale, man. This whole finale fails in even more levels than I remembered! This is so, so positively, overwhemingly bad... I don't know if to laugh or cry in despair...

k2uZjJP.pngaOlkxkE.pngFtZSxA3.pngm8it7AS.png

I-we-uh-but-ooooofff... unnnh... we make no-- tch... w-we make no sense? We?! Who are the ones who die by being!? You are bad at being beings! It doesn't get much more pathetic than that! I literally am having trouble imagining something more horrible than this, and you know I am not one for overusing the word "literally". But it needs to be used in this case, because I swear to God, I cannot think of something worse than dying by existing.

At least Martel didn't die from existing! At least Roartz didn't perish from being! At least Morgan didn't lose his life by standing there! Wendy, with all her flaws, at least needed to take some damage from an enemy in order to fall! It may've been incredibly easy, but getting her killed required a semblance of effort! Even when I wanted to sacrifice someone, I still had to press A on them, think for about five seconds to decide which spot would be the most dangerous, and press A twice more to make them wait. You guys just... die!

aB0kWqA.pngi73xkYa.pngIZYOFLv.png1rAY7xN.png

And the last thing you tell me before the confrontation is completely wrong. Absolutely delightful.

qFt1UdO.pngJnUguCU.pngcIzwEMi.png

You tried, Roy. I'll give you credit for that, at least. However...

GJmBVkQ.pngH70SIHQ.pngxat7l3P.png

For all his talk of logic and the stupidity of emotions and feelings, he sure is quick to jump to conclussions based on his own personal bias and opinion. Opinions and biases are not logical, you fucking brainless sack rat crap, they're as emotional as it gets. And this is the kind Zephiel was going to submit the world to? A bunch of brainless husks and a guy with an even lower IQ than the brainlessest of them?

DBZhdVx.png

Mine. I mean, literally, mine, as in, my strength in real life. I'm a dork who never works out, and mark my words, I would win against this asshole in a fight. My plans killed two thirds of this game's playable cast, and yet, I am still smarter than this worthless race's best. For all my flaws, you know what? At least I can exist. If it came to that, I could just run until Jahn collapsed from too much existing. Unless, of course, he turned into a human, in which case even one such as myself would be able to beat him up, because dragons are terrible at being humans, as established by Jahn himself! I COULD BEAT THE ALL IMPORTANT BAD GUY IN THIS GAME! IN REAL LIFE! SOMEONE READ THIS AND GAVE IT THE GREEN LIGHT! HOW-IS-THIS-REASONABLE!?!? BLISTERIIIIIIIIIING MOTHERFUCKIIIIIIING BARNACLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!

YnoREhS.png

LET'S SEE WHAT YOUR STATS LOOK LIKE, JAHN! IF NOTHING ELSE, I'M AT LEAST HOPING FOR AN AMUSING FIGHT! YOU BETTER HAVE ALL YOUR STATS CAPPED! ANYTHING LESS WILL BE UNACCEPTABLE AT THIS POINT! HERE HE IS, EVERYBODY! OPEN YOUR FUCKING EYES WIDE AND LOOK WELL, FOR THIS IS JAHN AS A BOSS:

nAA1BrT.png

Jahn is bad.

Anybody expected anything more?

4AdRkmf.png

No? Okay, then. Let's get putting out of misery.

RHQc0SA.pngNWvfecr.png

I don't want to bother with these dragons, so Dougy will bravely stay behind and be bored while the others move to confront Jahn.

6LoZUTV.png

Truly a horrible fate. Sorry, Dougy, but someone had to do it. Might as well be the one who will never, ever die.

3THM6wN.pngFBGTmhb.png

That's a shiny luck growth.

i4tWMim.png

Dragon tactics.

3OjNOTa.pngHSps24X.png

Here's a funny idea I had. Let's see if one of these idiots can kill Jahn. I wouldn't count on it: Jahn may be the worst thing ever, but he's still better than the other worst things ever.

1EvY6IK.pngtwCT2Ct.png

I'd love it if that bridge crumbled under the weight of all those dragons. That would be positively hilarious.

yDEcLzC.png4pJgmLE.png

Ah, shame.

0dvGseq.pngoTcT8hq.png

Let's see... between Jahn and my army, who will the Dragon choose?

eYqtPC2.png

Find out after I show off this awesome frame I caught by accident. For the record, I screenshotted all the action in the chapter. I'm just skipping it because, well, even I, who will show 50 screenshots of healing per update, realises this is unbearable to watch.

eLEzF7k.png7VLClaG.png

Ergh... okay? He went after Wade? Sure, that's a very logical thing to do, you master of logic.

13iYy0M.png

W-whoa! That's... so impressive!

O9wXLb3.png

Very well, the time has come. The only good thing of Jahn is his music. Here, have a remix.

Q3D0x2I.pngggPnuZX.png

You were weaker before!? In the name of-- ah, fuck it. He's not worth the effort.

vU8rksq.png

The battle against Jahn is extremely boring. How could I spice things up... oh, I know!

ZUhHYtD.png

There. Now he's pink.

i8eAoPK.png

...ah, screw it, too much effort. This guy is not worthy of being pink.

72DErFw.pngmGcblbD.png

You may be wondering "Ruben, are you sure a remix that's one minute long will suffice for this battle"?

ioCigbv.png

The answer is yes, yes it does, easily. In fact, it may be a little too much. I'm willing to wager you're still only half-way through the video right now.

4Ytgc5W.png6UrGtdC.png

Hurry up and die before I regret putting you above the Brilliant Dumbass in the minor boss tier list. That is, more than I already do.

Now... I'm sure there's another question that's lingering on nobody's minds. Some fanfiction established the Armads is cursed: its wielder will meet a messy, bloody end. Of course, given how much I like Lot, how come I've doomed him to such a terrible fate?

Well, my friends, I think I may have the solution to this problem.

Because there can't be an Armads's curse...

ITBKb4I.png

...if there's no Armads.

8vYhahw.png

Let's get out of here quickly. The end awaits!

SnLZlk9.pngoC6Lw70.png

Oh, fuck you! All of sudden you're relevant to the plot?

os4xUd1.pngArfxFhj.png

I don't give a damn... HURRY UP ALREADY!

YpeALJM.pngcxEKs94.pngTWyBMSZ.pngaXbhEYx.png

No! You will just be a dumb, idiotic being that can't exist without dying, that's all! Now fall back in line, I've better things to do than read what you have to say.

vuOHBHO.png

Ah, crap, now I made her c--

Wait a minute, how did she hear me?! I exist beyond the fourth wall!

xHms4DU.png

...a-argh! What!? This makes no sense--

ESHQUSB.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAARGHH!!!

kRdTDpi.pngbuDEwaj.pngUbfCW8r.png0F2MTJe.png

oPsmNIz.png9XO74sf.pngJTj8MjO.pngjnRhIVt.png

wn6b1gy.pngW6Rn9KK.pngyOXkVMV.pngXMUPbXF.png

MGir4vP.pngmdKBRHm.pngqOLP41K.pngDUxDWFi.png

eiIfRl5.pngGpw4Ruh.pngU7FtmnX.pngKbgibtM.png

ImUExpc.png87NTDsu.png

cJYetwY.png

...ow.

Next time we finish this... u-urk... fare well... 'til then... mmph...! Where are the band-aids when I need them... ack...

2mPlLZQ.png

arRUVUq.png

w15zO88.pngSaQcjhh.png

h8BNyMK.pngDk58RRT.pngrpJxTEe.png

qo3Yb3i.png

Zc3Zjtn.png

GJIiAAw.pngz4clPZc.png

FvTtj7n.png

qmJ1m0f.png

qFVANZK.pnguxJSH5r.png6TnBngY.png

g61Qsg4.png

6TJJkMi.png

fUQtRG3.pngbRwL6Ig.png

kfeE1vf.png

5FMllD7.png

Zh3i9Bx.pngpgxsTOS.pngBcbLzlX.png

ebHo9LR.png

vz4GlxH.png

oQn6Cbu.pngLi6Enx2.png

SfG41gm.pngZW3ymhf.png

JkGhOrA.png

emg58zV.pngPkc7G7N.png

kQvhmAd.png

u6QM4UG.png

RKsuoHS.png

xBeNqXB.png

a58zJ5J.png

Gh4NErb.pngEqpBpmT.png

82chZ09.pngyhq4vE5.png

91AnAVS.png

GUIJ7NE.pngGCUiKPp.png

L1dT5Uq.pngY0C1uKa.png

nPBKa0U.png

E4vKiEL.png7H1JVGB.pngsQ8uhbb.png

WwtjwOx.pngAtol40Q.pngXx9nKla.png

GjbTgHf.png7IYvqyC.png

gGWXstQ.png

Xt9YhQm.png2RPvpss.pngc5h5yOM.png5lKT4nU.png

RpKygfW.png

WtfUPIx.png

G5iSAtq.pngcPLxK5a.png

mpRZEMK.png

OkgjTX8.pngiZG9tDI.png

7YfBIyt.png

seq2t6W.png

qVYAoGH.pnguuCy4JA.png

m6lR3Nh.png

nj3EYYS.png

3qoEjzf.png

xcgKV7D.png

9TTFHOC.png

S7JJCzB.png

To be continued.

Wolt
                        Deke
                        Lugh

Rutger
                        Noah
                        Clarine
                        Lance
                        Jerrot

Fir
                        Wendy
                        Og
ier
                        Treck
                        Barth

Bartre

Elen
                        Echidna
                        Cath
                        Sophia

Raigh

Zeiss

Ta
te
                        Lalum
                        Igrene
                        Astolfo
                        Lilina
                        Cecilia
                        Interest

Dorothy
                        Perceval
                        Everybody

Hugh

Yoder
                        Juno

Chad
                        Barth
                        Geese

*Discharged

*Only dead in Ilia

*Only dead in route B

*Only dead in route A

*Only dead in Sacae

*???

Merlinus death count: 16

Well, that is, until you think about the fact that they decided to call two characters Luchar and Lucharba. Are you fucking serious, FEHeroes? What was your issue with Johan and Johalva that you deemed "Fight" and "Fightba" better names to make official? Hello! There are some spanish people playing your game, you idiots!

unfortunately, this isn't the case

Johan and Johalva's official names are Iuchar and Iucharba (capital i's), which are Irish mythological names

that said I fully understand why you'd make that mistake because capital i's and lowercase L's are pretty hard to distinguish in a lot of typefaces, and I agree it'd be incredibly silly for their names to actually be Luchar and Lucharba

Do you know of the hack, "Order of the Crimson Arm"? A complete release (well, sort of) was pushed a few weeks back, which means there now are, what? Four complete FE hacks out there? Hacks that change everything, I mean.

ye, Order of the Crimson Arm is really good

I haven't gotten to the new content in the most recent patch yet but I played up until the end of the patch before the most recent patch and I can safely say it's one of my favorite FE hacks

gameplay is a bit weaker than Sword of Heaven and Earth and Void's Blitzarre Adventure imo but unlike those two it has a proper story in a language I can read (Sword of Heaven and Earth being Japanese-only and Void's Blitzarre Adventure having an excuse plot)

ESHQUSB.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAARGHH!!!

LP's over, rip

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

The reason I haven't bought Fire Emblem Warriors and probably won't ever in a nutshel. Seriously, I have nothing against the 3DS titles, but it's kind of awkward to see so much fuss being made about characters I don't know in the least.

Yeah that pretty much killed any hype I would have had for Warriors, and I'm a big fan of the Warriors series too.

I'm really happy with Cecilia. I never thought she'd amount to anything, and deep down, I expected her to die. But nope, here she is, still the great staffbot and occasional chip damager she's always been. She's survived many messy encounters, she's been a reliable healer, a great support partner for Lilina and she's even had her moments in combat. Kudos to you, Cecilia, you defied my expectations. I never did use you seriously before. I see now that was a mistake.

Seeing Cecilia get some great use makes me really happy.

Hugh fought too well for his own good and Lugh forcefully became the secondary villain of the LP's plot

And back to depressing feels I go! Still gonna hold out hope for that last update and brace myself. I apologize for sounding like a broken record, but man, I just pick the wrong characters to get really attached to. After that update I'll definitely have some final thoughts on that part of the story; also remember the end of that was literally my first exposure to this LP. And once again RIP Hugh as well.

There. Now he's pink.

Beautiful, I got a laugh outta this. Also, I definitely agree with most of your thoughts about this chapter as well. It's really just a long and not too fun grinding of manaketes, though I suppose if you haven't used the legendary weapons much yet it lets you let loose with em a bit, but that's not saying much.

Really like the use of the other allies coming in to the rescue at the end. Hi Eliwood!

Well just one more update I think to go! On another note, if you're ever looking to do another LP for any of the GBA games, potentially including hacks, you should check out the FEBuilderGBA tool. Just downloaded it last night and it looks like it lets you do a lot of useful stuff, and had text editing as well. So if I get around to an LP of my old 6 hack I might get some use out of that. Thinking of doing Green/Midori for a first LP if I get to it just to see how doing one goes. Will definitely let you know when I start though! You use imgur albums for all your images right?

Edited by Unknown Gamer11

Hmm, nobody died, now what do I do? Couldn't you have at least killed Fae so I could make a pun or something? Eh I suppose this will have to do. 

3 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Wolt
                        Deke
                        Lugh

Rutger
                        Noah
                        Clarine
                        Lance
                        Jerrot

Fir
                        Wendy