Let's make world conquest easier for Zephiel - Let's play Ironman Fire Emblem 6, without skills!

Saint Rubenio

Thank you all for the nice words! I really appreciate all the (unwarranted) praise. Here are some things I wanted to reply to in detail. Sorry for the delay. With any luck, one person will read this. It's not that important, anyway.

On 8/8/2018 at 11:29 PM, eclipse said:

Congrats on finishing~!  Care to attempt an ironman of FE5? :P:

Sorry, ma'am, but I know what game I'll be playing, and it's not FE5. To be entirely honest, the horrible UI, in cahoots with the craptastically glitched translation, ruined all of my attempts (read, one) at playing the game.

On 8/8/2018 at 11:51 PM, Pengaius said:

Let us raise a glass to the fallen. 

Oh, no... no way...

And without further ado

You're just going to make up for entering the thread late now, are you?

Fine. Challenge accepted. I'll make a comment on each and every one of these!

Bors, more like NOrs

4/10 boring.

Wolt, more like NOlt

0/10 reused.

Deke, more like weak

Okay that one was decent.

Lugh, lol he got possessed

C'mon, put some thought to it.

Rutger, truly a shame we lost such a cool and important character

Now you're just baiting. And failing! Hahahah!

Noah, more like NOah wait a minute

Again? That's not even a fucking pun, that's his name!

Clarine, another tragedy, the most glorious lady of Etruria high society cut down far too soon, CURSE YOU @Saint Rubenio

I regret nothing but all the non-Clarine/Rutger deaths. That's right, I felt a twinge of regret when I murdered Cath.

Lance, heh he lost an eye

Jeez.

Jerrot, hah all his friends died

JEEZ!

Fir, more like durr

Hwahahahah. Good one.

Wendy, wasn't bendy enough to dodge

It's... eh? I suppose?

Ogier, more like NOgier

Oh please, not again!

Treck, unimportant, unnotable bad unit, moving on

You know that probably hurt some readers more than it did me, right? I suffered enough back in the day.

Bartre, more like BADtre

Good.

Ellen, went to HELLen

With me. Everyone seems to have forgotten that. Understandably so, mind.

Echidna, worst girl, should have done other path

Hah. Her route B counterpart also died.

Cath, sweet child lost to war I pity the soul who ordered your death, he will be struck down by vengeful spirits

Oh, screw you, vengeful spirits don't exist.

oaZX2Sj.png

Right?

Sophia, more like NOphia

Seriously, stop it. You could've done something like "so?phia" but nope, you do this one yet again.

Raigh, Worst edgelord glad he died

He didn't even die.

Zeiss, wait, did he die or not why the hell is he still in the roster?

Sigh... I thought we'd resolved this one... he died, but I reset so that 21x was still obtainable. So he's technically dead, but I kept him alive because the game's dumb. At this rate, the first comment in the next LP will be some doofus asking me why Zeiss is in the prepscreen.

Tate, like a TATER, get it, because potatoes are in the ground and so is she, y'know cuz she died

At least you put some brainpower into this one.

Lalum, *makes yoshi noise* yes I am aware that it's the Japanese onomatopoeia for lick, pero, but it still sounds like he's saying Lalum

I don't see it.

Dorothy, more like DIErothty

Fuck you.

Hugh, he's dead Woo-Hugh

Pfffhahahahaahh, best one.

Yoder, more like NOder

Juno, more like JuNO wait a minute (again)

Cease these ones at once!

Chad, still bad

Bleh.

Barth

Predictable.

Geese, R.I.G, Rest in Geese

Isn't that great.

Ruben, Dammit Albertus, you hit the wrong Ruben

More like he missed one.

Well no more deaths left, ah well it was fun while it lasted (more dead people than living ones GG ruben GG)

I... have nothing to say in my defense.

On 9/8/2018 at 3:13 AM, Unknown Gamer11 said:

Regarding everything with Lugh, it was all probably a bit...too much for me to say I enjoyed it.

I did go too far, didn't I?

Especially given the nature of his character, already sad backstory (plus Nino's), and age, and much bias given he's my favorite character, it was hard to read him and Raigh basically being the most tortured characters in the story. Raigh's reactions only made it even more heartbreaking (which was totally the point). I of course made it worse on myself by trying to hope he might get rez'd or something, whoops. At least he, in a weird way, sort of got to be awesome still by fighting back enough to save Raigh, and sacrifice himself/take out other Humphrey. Still very sad as a big Lugh fan though, and I just hate seeing the twins tragically torn apart even in an AU.

Jeez, I'm so sorry...

That said, it was all done incredibly well, and I think the fact that it legit tore me up speaks to you doing good with the writing of it.

Oh, whoa. Well, that makes me feel really... happy? I don't know if I should be too proud of this, though...

So even if that part of the story was too cruel/dark for my liking, you did a good job with it, and I liked how you write Raigh's character (and most everyone). It actually makes it a little more sad and disappointing for me in that I would have loved to see how you might have written more had Lugh lived in the first place, especially interactions between them. Maybe someday if you ever play Green, or Onmi's big remake/hack of FE6 if that ever finishes (I'll send you a link about that if you've never heard of it).

Outside of that, I really liked seeing a lot of the original stuff, particularly seeing some characters get expanded upon or getting extra screen time even in little places here and there. Having now started an LP of my own, I can especially respect all the extra work the writing, doing custom portraits, etc. took. I also now understand how imgur can be super super frustrating sometimes.

To be fair, since I dropped off college I had a ton of free time for this LP. The next one will probably have less production value to it.

On 9/8/2018 at 6:40 AM, Mad-manakete said:

It's been a while. He changed clothes. Just go with it.

But it's been barely a couple months since we went to Arcadia, tops. And he's a dragon! Those guys last thousands of years if they manage to survive existing! How in the world did his hair go white in two months? I think my theory might just be correct.

On 9/8/2018 at 1:44 PM, Garlyle said:

Ok, how much was the final turn count? Some of these turn counts are waaaay higher than the average. 16x looks like you moved 1 tile per turn only.

I have no idea. Probably something over a thousand turns.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Super quick reply before work!

2 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I did go too far, didn't I?

Maybe, but I feel like I can't fairly say one way or the other even if it was too far for me. Bias and all, and me thinking Raigh should have been able to save him after all that determination.

Jeez, I'm so sorry...

At least I can keep my happy afterlife head-canon. Don't you dare deny it!

Oh, whoa. Well, that makes me feel really... happy? I don't know if I should be too proud of this, though...

Eh, take the compliment! Again, despite depressing me, and being personally disappointed on that regard, I can't say it wasn't super well done!

Edited by Unknown Gamer11

Hey y'know what would be fun and original if a dark magic user who lost a relative recently, forced Ruben to sit through all of the bonus maps in the fire emblem game he just lpd. Niime wants to make you feel bad. So do I, but you already knew that

I thought I forgot to put in my implication that Manaketes can either safely drink bleach or the elder tried to off himself over the entire irrevocably causing the Demon Dragon and hence just about everything bad in Elibe by proxy... but then I checked last page and it was there at the end of my post. So I don't know what happened.

All things aside, if no one else does I volunteer to turn Zeiss surviving into a brick joke next LP if no one else does.

• 4 months later...