Let's make world conquest easier for Zephiel - Let's play Ironman Fire Emblem 6, without skills!

Saint Rubenio

1 hour ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Hey, teaching isn't exclusive to old-timers. I think.

True, but I doubt when I did it that many newer teachers would be familiar with rickrolling when it happened.

Franp's on to something. Read below.

Well, Idoun is the dragon generic factory. But where's the one making Zinque?

...Douglas, the worst unit in the game? Below Wendy, Sophia, Wade (not my Wade, of course), Juno, etc.?

I respect your opinion, but I disagree.

Guess we'll have to.

See, while Wendy and Sophia are awful to raise, the end result is actually more useable if they weren't RNG screwed, though at base they're worse. Wade has the promotion boost, Juno has flier utility. Douglas is stuck in the worst class, with very knighty bases that he can't really improve on, they're not as impressive as all that because enemies will be hitting over 30 damage by the time he joins and he's not going to dodge much at all, which all the others you mentioned should be able to do better. It doesn't help that his con is also too high to rescue for anyone not named Shin, making it harder to use him for those points you want him to choke, probably the one "advantage" Wendy has on him.

TL:DR Wendy is objectively worse, but I can't shake how poor Douglas is personally.

See, my LPs are very educational. In the last one, for instance, we learnt Horsemen can destroy villages and I still haven't gotten over that!

Yeah, I understand why not.

I was hoping if I didn't mention it, people wouldn't notice the fact that I forgot to screencap Delphin's stats and had to improvise.

I didn't, I just assumed you were having a laugh.

Ah, the unnamed rich snake who deemed it wise to give his estranged son a brother 20 years after his birth. Ain't FE7 just beautiful.

There is worse than that. I saw someone who had 2 of their kids 30 years apart.

Geese then helps him equip his iron sword, because I fear doubles since 10B.

GEEZ ROY, IT'S CALLED A LIGHT BLADE, IT SHOULD BE EASY TO LIFT!

DYIKXsx.pngctIDYRa.png

Look, it's the reinforcements! Remember "spread them around the castle to defend us on all sides"? It sounded really clever at the time, but really, Morgan can't use reinforcements to save his life. And rest assured, he won't be able to save his life.

The competence is really questionable. Should have tried Legance's strategy, might keep him around longer.

Kq1tDVH.png

...oh, he got doubled. And he still survived. Go home, Morgan, you're too incompetent.

I am disappointed. Clearly they realised that they had to give the name another chance in Awakening.

ahbGdel.png

You were so close... fuck my life. He just had to miss both times, did he not!?

3SZs6Pm.png

Stupid fuckin' AI! Damnit all to hell!

Well he's a corpse. Didn't even get to see Roy recruit him, or you get that brave axe.

EVEN WORSE, YOU DIE TO A LANCEREAVER BARTRE. I don't know what to do with you.

Then again, this means Karel isn't going to be recruited. Although, that may be for the best. He won't have to get involved in the war and risk dying.

Instead, he'll have to cope with the news that his entire family has been slaughtered, and he's now all alone in the world.

Or he goes back to being edgy and all his development goes away.

He might kill Zephiel though.

Saul has just enough faith to smite these guys in just one round of enlightment.

nYAaWjM.png

Except, of course, he doesn't feel like it.

Add Sloth to his list of sins?

Why?! Why are the non-canon levels so good all of sudden!? Damnit all, I can already see the emptiness that will become the running theme of the A route...

Well, this might still end up the canon route.

You never know.

UEecz3D.pngWseJpfM.png

I'll admit, his ruse is marginally better than Camus'.

Wait, no, what am I saying? It isn't! He doesn't even have a mask! He's still the fuckin' prince! And don't tell me he was horribly disfigured by the attempt on his life, Perceval inmediately recognizes him the second he catches sight of him, and he wasn't aware of Douglas' plan! The only reason Roy took this long to figure him out (and it's a pretty short time, considering he's been with us for all of one chapter) is that he didn't know what the prince looked like! Has nobody in the Western Isles seen their occupying country's sovereign?

I hope "occupying country's sovereign" is correct. I've been searching for the correct word for "puppet state owner" for 10 minutes and it's driving me nuts.

I know TV didn't exist back them, but... at least there's bound to be some descriptions of him floating around! He's got an easily recognizable appearance!

Well, they probably still assume he's dead (It's Roartz remember?) and the Etruians aren't exactly sending out lookers for their occupation.

Still should cover up those golden locks. Or pretend he's Lucius's kid.

HsfoBHF.png

Roy then mocks him. Amazing.

I didn't expect an even smugger Roy. Amazing.

I even missed that you'd edited Elphin too.

Speaking of Smoy, because there's no way I can use this now that you've outdone yourself:

>When you're about get in a playground fight but your mum arrives at the last second

5a81a6a97f90b_SmoyOstia.png.404996352fc06416a8aa7feab1f68260.png

APlLxHA.pngjQFAqru.png

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

WRYYYYYYs what are you doing get out of there.

Athe5hj.png4foOPGB.pngaTCARi7.pngvwxBcRg.png4nLo418.png

That's one way to use a morph.

Nergal should have taken notes. But he's dead.

Spoiler

7MDPzEb.png NOT THIS!! ANYTHING BUT THIS!!!

Well, at least Ruben knows what to do this time.

So there's our other route. I can already imagine Wrys upon seeing Ruben show up out of nowhere for Chapter 10:

Spoiler

5a81a7607ae51_Wrysthespy.png.c02a89419ec019d80a444eaddb136bcc.png

With that I leave you with the shittiest of shit posts.

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I'm sorry, the new update isn't up yet.

50 minutes ago, Dayni said:
Spoiler

With that I leave you with the shittiest of shit posts.

It's just, I haven't laughed this hard at something in a while. I mean it. There's no way I was going to wait days before telling you that. My highest regards to you, Dayni. Please keep it up.

Hmm, this seems familiar, somehow..."cough cough" Archenea Chronicles "cough cough" At the beginning when you got sucked into the portal back to Archenea "cough cough". 

Yes, I'm back. I sincerely apologize for not posting nearly as prolifically as I used to; I momentarily got caught up in other forms of entertainment. However, I am nonetheless up-to-date on the LP, and prepared to read and comment at a moment's notice!

52 minutes ago, DestructionDragon360 said:

It really is a shame that you've gotten such good levelups out of this route when Treck, the Best Cav, is dead, and thus this timeline is forfeit.

Not only that, but every other cavalier except for Allen (aka Worst Cav). Fir was orphaned while dead, so Karel has no relatives. In short: thank God or whatever you believe in for the fact that our dear Saint here wasn't Europe's last hope against the Nazi in WWII.

2 hours ago, Goddess Serra said:

In short: thank God or whatever you believe in for the fact that our dear Saint here wasn't Europe's last hope against the Nazi in WWII.

I bet that's how he would justify Wolfenstein. That his tomfuckery ended up creating a Godwin's Law of Time Travel.

On 12/2/2018 at 10:44 AM, Saint Rubenio said:

You almost rid the world of the dross that is Saul!

dross /drɒs/
noun
something regarded as worthless; rubbish.
foreign matter, dregs, or mineral waste, in particular scum formed on the surface of molten metal.

Saul.png.8b232f47cb9f42d053985d1495c0b2d8.png

I spent more time on this than i'm willing to admit.

3SZs6Pm.png

Well, shit.

...Route A it is, apparently!

Healer-on-healer action.

I want to say something about this, but everything I come up with would get me banned, so... Can you guys pretend I said something funny?

UEecz3D.pngWseJpfM.png

Ahahahaha, look at Dolphin's face. 10/10 would smug again.

DyAB8fN.png

rGQ5ULU.png

In hindsight, this looks fucking atrocious. But hey, this time I have my shoulder pads!

vPdScfl.png

vC9oicG.png

DBUthu9.png

Iz0MbUi.png

HowFlsG.png

QwEBmm2.png

Part 19 - FE6 chapter 10 except it's actually chapter 11.

On 12/2/2018 at 3:02 PM, Hylian Air Force said:

"I'll be the Roundabout! The words will make you out 'n' out! I'll spend the daaaay your waaaay! Call it mornin' drivin' through the sound and in and out the valleeey!"

Oh God, that looks like a song's lyrics! Nooooooo, not musical references! I never get those on account of me being weird and not really liking music with lyrics!

On 12/2/2018 at 4:01 PM, Dayni said:

True, but I doubt when I did it that many newer teachers would be familiar with rickrolling when it happened.

Don't underestimate the power of memes. That is a mistake that will cost you dearly.

Well, Idoun is the dragon generic factory. But where's the one making Zinque?

Morgan's the answer.

Guess we'll have to.

Please do.

See, while Wendy and Sophia are awful to raise, the end result is actually more useable if they weren't RNG screwed, though at base they're worse. Wade has the promotion boost, Juno has flier utility. Douglas is stuck in the worst class, with very knighty bases that he can't really improve on, they're not as impressive as all that because enemies will be hitting over 30 damage by the time he joins and he's not going to dodge much at all, which all the others you mentioned should be able to do better. It doesn't help that his con is also too high to rescue for anyone not named Shin, making it harder to use him for those points you want him to choke, probably the one "advantage" Wendy has on him.

WShvzfsg.png

Aha! What do you have to say now?!

...okay, no, I was using a hack (the numbers patch, to be precise). Nevertheless!

I agree with what you say, but... over 30 damage? You overestimate 6's enemies. Mages will make short work of the guy, and pegasi might double him (I wouldn't count on it, though, given their horrendous con), but he's actually perfect for Sacae, where Myrmidons and Nomads represent the bulk of the enemy armies. Those tiny swords and arrows will ricochet right off his armor, and if he can hit them, he'll put a mean dent into them as well. He's not great, but I don't believe he's as bad as you make him out to be.

Also, fun fact: at level 8, the average Wendy'll have lower defense, strength and HP than Douglas, but higher luck, skill and res, and much higher speed. The fact that she doesn't completely outclass him in every way (especially in the stats Knights excell at) is quite telling, to say the least.

TL:DR Wendy is objectively worse, but I can't shake how poor Douglas is personally.

Ah, okay. I could've read that before writing all that.

Eh. I also have a fondness for the character, so I guess I may be a little biased.

Yeah, I understand why not.

I've reached that chapter in my personal run, by the way. If it happens again, I'll tell you. Although, I might just scrap the whole thing alltogether: I've lost so many units, I had to deploy Arran. Arran! As a healer. It might very well be impossible at this point.

I didn't, I just assumed you were having a laugh.

Well, those two things aren't exactly incompatible...

There is worse than that. I saw someone who had 2 of their kids 30 years apart.

Jeez. What?

GEEZ ROY, IT'S CALLED A LIGHT BLADE, IT SHOULD BE EASY TO LIFT!

The gods' power weights heavily upon the sinner's soul. What are you not telling us, Roy?

The competence is really questionable. Should have tried Legance's strategy, might keep him around longer.

And considering Legance was remarkably idiotic...

I am disappointed. Clearly they realised that they had to give the name another chance in Awakening.

Well, I don't know much about Morgan, so... is he worth anything?

Well he's a corpse. Didn't even get to see Roy recruit him, or you get that brave axe.

Eh, it's not that interesting. It's very similar to Geese's recruitment, where Roy begins by saying he's with Etruria, Bartre tries to kill him but fails because 11 skill, then Roy clarifies that he, too, is trying to kick Morgan's ass, and then Bartre joins to help.

I'm saying this from memory, by the way, so I may be sorely mistaken. Yell if I am.

EVEN WORSE, YOU DIE TO A LANCEREAVER BARTRE. I don't know what to do with you.

Honestly, in a better world, he would've hit one of those 60% swings. But this is me we're talking about.

Or he goes back to being edgy and all his development goes away.

No. Just... no, please. Don't make me feel worse.

He might kill Zephiel though.

Ah, that would be cool!

Add Sloth to his list of sins?

What's there to add? He already has 'em all!

Well, this might still end up the canon route.

You never know.

Don't you fuckin' jinx it!

Well, they probably still assume he's dead (It's Roartz remember?) and the Etruians aren't exactly sending out lookers for their occupation.

Right. These guys never were shining examples of great intellect.

Still should cover up those golden locks. Or pretend he's Lucius's kid.

That wouldn't work. Lucius isn't a celebrity in-universe.

I didn't expect an even smugger Roy. Amazing.

The occasion merited it.

I even missed that you'd edited Elphin too.

Well, it's a more subtle edit. I can understand you'd be more focused on Smugliest Roy.

Speaking of Smoy, because there's no way I can use this now that you've outdone yourself:

>When you're about get in a playground fight but your mum arrives at the last second

5a81a6a97f90b_SmoyOstia.png.404996352fc06416a8aa7feab1f68260.png

Bwahahahahahah... eh, you can still use it. It's as easy as copying Smugliest Roy's face and pasting it over Smoy's.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

LE HORROR!

WRYYYYYYs what are you doing get out of there.

He's trying!

That's one way to use a morph.

Nergal should have taken notes. But he's dead.

Who?

Hohohohoh... ah... okay, I'm sorry.

Well, at least Ruben knows what to do this time.

Well...

I already said enough on this subject, but I wanted to see that again.

Twrysvelyan. Oh my God. I'm dying.

On 12/2/2018 at 6:42 PM, KnightOfNohr said:

Hmm, this seems familiar, somehow..."cough cough" Archenea Chronicles "cough cough" At the beginning when you got sucked into the portal back to Archenea "cough cough". 

Maybe... or maybe not!

Yes, I'm back. I sincerely apologize for not posting nearly as prolifically as I used to; I momentarily got caught up in other forms of entertainment.

Nonsense, I was only joking! Do whatever you want, it's not like you signed a contract to read this or anything. I'll be happy to read your replies whenever you feel like writing them.

However, I am nonetheless up-to-date on the LP, and prepared to read and comment at a moment's notice!

That said, it's reassuring to read this.

On 13/2/2018 at 9:14 AM, SoloCross said:

Hmm... spatial distortions weren't in the weather forecast... should have brought my umbrella.

I don't think that would help, honestly.

Shame about Bartre tho

I am not at fault! He got himself killed because IntSys are assholes!

On 13/2/2018 at 8:26 PM, DestructionDragon360 said:

It really is a shame that you've gotten such good levelups out of this route when Treck, the Best Cav, is dead, and thus this timeline is forfeit.

Hold your horses, man. If, say, I lose absolutely everyone but Treck, I'm afraid I'll be forced to sacrifice the good man for everyone else.

Otherwise, we'll see when we get there.

On 13/2/2018 at 9:30 PM, Goddess Serra said:

Not only that, but every other cavalier except for Allen (aka Worst Cav).

Preach.

Fir was orphaned while dead, so Karel has no relatives.

Yes, I said that. You don't need to rub it in, thank you.

In short: thank God or whatever you believe in for the fact that our dear Saint here wasn't Europe's last hope against the Nazi in WWII.

Now, that's not a very nice thing to say.

That said, don't hold back. I mean, I'm the guy who wrote a crappy fanfic around me being so incompetent, I put the very fabric of time and space into jeopardy!

On 13/2/2018 at 11:33 PM, Hylian Air Force said:

I bet that's how he would justify Wolfenstein.

Hey, what are you implying? I'm not bad at Wolfenstein, I beat New Order, the original and Spear of Justice just fine! The original's guards scared the crap out of me with their murdering me hiding behind the door, but...

That his tomfuckery ended up creating a Godwin's Law of Time Travel.

Bwahahahahah... for whatever reason, I like seeing you guys roast the shit outta me.

Then again, I'm also into dominas, so...

...now, in case I ever apply for an important position at some great corporation and they research my background, I'll cover my back: I'm joking.

On 14/2/2018 at 7:20 PM, Franp3 said:
dross /drɒs/
noun
something regarded as worthless; rubbish.
foreign matter, dregs, or mineral waste, in particular scum formed on the surface of molten metal.

It's going to be exactly what I've been expecting since I wrote those words, isn't it?

Saul.png.8b232f47cb9f42d053985d1495c0b2d8.png

Of course it is. You're spanish as well, after all.

I spent more time on this than i'm willing to admit.

I understand.

Well, shit.

...Route A it is, apparently!

Thank the AI for that. Urk...

I want to say something about this, but everything I come up with would get me banned, so... Can you guys pretend I said something funny?

We've already broken all the rules save for necroposting (by the way, go necropost the FE12 LP so we can safely say we broke every rule in that LP, please), and I've made enough sex jokes to warrant me a life sentence, so why not? Go forth, brave Franp.

Besides, Eclipse likes the LP. She's not going to ban us... is she?

Ahahahaha, look at Dolphin's face. 10/10 would smug again.

Yes! Somebody else's calling him Dolphin! My work here is done. Well, one of them. The other one was to show people using Matthis isn't a bad idea. And I succeeded as well!

...I really need to stop referencing the old LP, but I can't! I loved that shit too much. This one, as well. When I LP FE8, I'll be referencing this one constantly.

Well, if. You never know what fate's got in store for you. Maybe I'll die tomorrow. Certainly hope not, though. My birthday is tomorrow, it'd really suck to miss it by such a short amount of time. Especially after I had to haul us to wrap the update up for this joke to make sense. But I won the race against time! 15 minutes left! Hah! I'm a badaaaass!

In soviet russia, great music... makes itself...?

Ah, whatever.

Spoiler

ty3cHSb.png

We're back here.

de58rb5.png

But this time... something's different.

YOBmodz.pngd6LuU5j.pngnUO5bQz.png

We know, we know.

3UHLumU.pngsA6ozIS.png

We didn't know that, but I'd rather we stayed that way. Jeez...

sDKW1Pl.pngohLYrFU.pngZqu2xjh.png

That was so depressing.

UpM9Mtf.png

For some reason, that gets us a killer bow. Maybe Marcus raided the former house of the village's blacksmith?

Well, in any case, this is far worse than the restore staff that's in the other village. We already had a killer bow, c'mon, IntSys, why?

DLNLEIW.png

Time to leave.

LzarqTi.png

This plays out the same until this part.

2Jo3qJs.pngDYopt89.pngtU4KYtk.png7kVLdoF.png

Once again, no, Roy, you didn't hear jack shit. It was Marcus! And Marcus is no longer an important character to the plot, so he couldn't have told you!

grFa9hq.pngT4IwqVT.pngTIW79IW.pngYRqYqhq.png

And that's it for chapter 9. Next time, we enter chapter 11B 10A! Until then, I hope you all fare well.

eLoXVCR.pngWrys! Wryyyyyys!

zO38ZmV.pngLady Elen! Why are you flustered so? What happened?

eLoXVCR.pngSaintly Elimine, how do I tell you this...

eLoXVCR.pngI, uh...

zO38ZmV.pngYes...?

eLoXVCR.png...hmph... I...

zO38ZmV.png...

eLoXVCR.png...

eLoXVCR.pngGod damnit all, it's me! Ruben!

zO38ZmV.png....what.

eLoXVCR.pngThat's exactly what I thought when I found myself inside these cumbersome robes!

zO38ZmV.png...no, my apologies... but... what...?

eLoXVCR.pngHold on, I'll tell you exactly what happened... or, well, as exact as my understanding allows for.

zO38ZmV.png...but that... doesn't explain why you're Lady Elen now...

eLoXVCR.pngI know it doesn't! I would like to know too!

zO38ZmV.pngW-well, in any case, let us calm down and decide our next move...

eLoXVCR.pngCalm down?! I'm a woman! I will not stand for this! That bastard... I...

zO38ZmV.pngRuben, relax! We're getting nowh--

eLoXVCR.pngI'm not calming down! I can't believe this! Why does all the crap have to happen to me!? Couldn't it have happened to him!? Nope! It had to be me! As always!

zO38ZmV.pngI can't believe I am about to do this... but if I want him to calm down, I must...

eLoXVCR.pngAnd why am I inmune to his powers to begin with!?! It's no more than a curse in disguise! Because why would it be anything else?! I can't even breathe inside this damn thing! Have you seen this collar?! It's airtight! This girl should've taken lessons from the Sabre Kn--

zO38ZmV.pngRuben.

eLoXVCR.pngWhat?!?!

zO38ZmV.pngYou are a woman.

eLoXVCR.pngI know that. You don't need to rub it in.

zO38ZmV.png...

eLoXVCR.png...what?

zO38ZmV.png...

eLoXVCR.png...what're you giving me that look for?

zO38ZmV.pngCalm yourself down, and then we'll talk.

eLoXVCR.pngI don't understand.

zO38ZmV.pngI won't tell anybody.

eLoXVCR.png...

S5blGmP.png...

zO38ZmV.pngDear Naga, please forgive me, for I have sinned... but desperate times call for desperate measures.

zO38ZmV.pngNow, what to do...

XBCMqRf.pngbxDyo8h.png7AmxiL4.pngU1pz8kQ.png

For some reason, this version of the plot reveals the three Isles' names in a fancier way.

L8djkfS.png

"Mining is the economic backbone" is a neat sentence.

IHPMlEI.pngiw2DtSy.png

Right, at this point, Roy still doesn't know Etruria is evil.

bVXfCTt.pngQ55i6bb.pngRrcvGNr.png

10A is 11B even when it comes to the boss' appearance. Much like Morgan, this Nord is just a lame recolor of another boss. Although I feel this one's less bad, in that Wagner was not much more than "generic Shaman" while Legance was fairly recognisable, leading to Morgan being hilarious while this guy's just bad.

eKNwhhC.png9vV5DG6.pngNBKTSba.png

It "appears" to be as "simple" as selecting Wagner's hood and clicking "black and white" on paint.net. So, yeah, I would hope it's not.

MhnyCHY.pngenLNPBi.pngYSzAvJ3.pngIjjrCIZ.png1g2EO1i.pngBLe9gYW.pngzf5WfL4.pngKY3pgJ1.png

Trading shenanigans. Most of these are the same as they were in 10B.

NG8FdnR.png

Time to go.

4pBxQbA.png...but where's Lady Elen? We need her.

zO38ZmV.pngI... I haven't the slightest...

4pBxQbA.pngHm... ah, there she comes!

zO38ZmV.pngRuben, please...

4pBxQbA.pngHuh?

zO38ZmV.pngNothing...

EoGrgeJ.pngI'm here. My apologies. I had something to take care of.

4pBxQbA.png ...is that a bruise?

EoGrgeJ.pngI fell down. It's nothing.

4pBxQbA.pngI see... if you don't think you're up for fighting...

EoGrgeJ.pngI'm perfectly ready. Let us go.

4pBxQbA.pngVery well. Sir Wrys...

zO38ZmV.pngI am behind you.

zO38ZmV.png...

zO38ZmV.png...what in the world is going on...

3KbUVyv.pngF568QKL.png5r1y0sJ.png

Just like with Zinque, it's straight to the assholiness with this guy.

LTqWyMq.png6V48wON.pngzJgGywt.pngNi3hhNB.png

Except this asshat is even more of a genericly evil dumbass than Zinque. He's a daaark maaaaageeee~, after all.

G4Gd6xl.pngFTJl1Wl.pngHYOOHhA.pngSenN9a9.png

Suddenly, an unnamed messenger of ours arrives!

ZRUzCUz.png9sVd2BL.pngnIrqflp.pngnr0JV2j.png

Nord's also way stupider than Wagner. C'mon! At least Wagner tried to lure us in by pretending to be good at first! You have the chance to do exactly that, except it would be easier for you, since Roy is expecting to see you, not some guy you killed. Instead, he decides to just throw his army at us.

ydwTJQO.png

Even his Generic Soldier doubts him.

89rdQn2.pngRYLwhjb.pngRsX8i2k.png

Great scott, he'll kill a messenger?! He's despicable!! Truly unbelievable!

...more importantly, though, this guy's about as subtle as the guys who ported Felix the Cat from the NES to the Sega Genesis.

If you don't know what I'm talking about, please don't look it up. You'll be sorry you did.

c4laVHV.pnge5ZOKd6.pngYHSylSi.pngGFIYdBC.png

Tutorial on ballistas.

vigwk8g.pngrbEfSrG.pngFDg1Znk.png

And here we are! As expected, Nord's very fine machinations and schemes don't work. Even Merlinus figures him out quickly.

g3G5JFU.png6z7TR7d.pngLoM2HxF.png

Yeah, that really wasn't the brightest idea.

VnLR9DS.pngsNslcaE.pngDrJuQXb.pngMD8xjYJ.png

Hell, his idiocy is such, it led to Merlinus actually agreeing with Roy for once!

tmkzVPA.pngf2N3XP1.png

Hmph. Cough cough. Ahem. Hack huurgh hoock gaajjhh!

Hrghhh hrk hgh. Ack.

Dooooooo reeeeeeeeeeee miiiiiiiiiiiiiiii faaaaaaaaaaaaa sooooooooool laaaaaaaaaa siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii doooooooooooooo...

Okay, I think I'm ready.

Ahem.

Hint hint. Gaah. Dangit, I went fucking hoarse doing all that crap. Aurgh...

My vocal reeds need a minute to recover, hang on...

zO38ZmV.pngLady-- I mean, Ruben!

EoGrgeJ.png...

zO38ZmV.pngRuben!

EoGrgeJ.png...oh, you're talking to me. What is it? We are supposed to move out any moment now.

zO38ZmV.pngI wanted to ask you a question, Ruben...

EoGrgeJ.pngToo bad, then. My name is not Ruben, it is Elen.

zO38ZmV.png...what...?

EoGrgeJ.pngWhen I came back to my senses, I looked through my eyes, and found my hands doing foul things, paying no heed to my commands to cease them at once.

EoGrgeJ.pngNo matter, however. I subdued the intruder within my soul. I shall be saying a prayer at the chapel after the battle to cleanse it...

zO38ZmV.png...

sLl15fI.pngThe more I hear, the less I understand...

sLl15fI.pngDo you think I could speak to Ruben?

EoGrgeJ.pngRuben?! I would've never expected him to be that sort of man...

zO38ZmV.png...

EoGrgeJ.pngOh, my apologies. They're moving out. I need to join them. We shall speak further later on. Be safe, Father.

zO38ZmV.pngYou as well...

sLl15fI.png...I am so sorry...

6gYQf6q.png

Okay, that's over, let's take a look at the map. It's 11B but without the civilians. Instead, we've got a village to save and a stronger boss. Speaking of whom...

mmQZCaF.png

He's a slowpoke, but he's got a lot of might as well as a gate. But that's not the important part.

p6E9qtn.png

No, the important part is that the old fart's got nosferatu. Yep. Isn't that marvelous?

DEOtN6x.png

Ogier'll make better use of the light brand than Roy, I feel.

sZ6RKmR.png

Gotta be careful: that guy has a halberd. We don't want to lose Treck again.

gFb8TVj.png

This is the ballista's range. It's a tad less insane than 11B's, but it's still extremely annoying.

Q5qfOks.png

Okay, that's it. Very simple formation to get us started.

sFh1350.pngZWBng8a.pngWufFMvJ.png

Oh, dear, the Lotcopter's back. 7.

jqhUzro.pngoFG9q9Z.png9E25BXz.pngZmnMwQK.png

The enemies are done missing. It's our turn to, hopefully, fare a little better. The guy inside the cursor is the halberd man. I'd like him to fall before the end of the turn.

FAWIfqJ.pngBgxR1TI.png

But first, this fool.

oNdlt0l.png

And this fool as well.

H2WYz5M.png

Worth a shot. For once, it was!

Y5bWNqd.png

Lotcopter no. 8 is inbound!

l1CY2VU.png

Hey, that isn't so bad!

8YRE51m.png

Aaaaaaaahhh! That's horrible! That man definitely needs to die.

llRJmoF.pngk6BWWwx.png

In retrospect, had I not pointlessly handaxe'd that guy with Wade, he could've rescued Dorothy out of the way, and somebody else (Lilina) could've jumped in and finished this guy off. Alas, 'twas not to be.

SVEb5HW.png

Hh my god Roy gets one rounded.

YTPqKtF.png

Worth a shot, but that's not the most important part.

M2VzNhr.png

If the halberd guy attacks first, Barth'll die. If the Mercenary attacks first, I'm not sure, I didn't do all the math. Probably won't. But we'll see. If it comes to that, I'd rather Barth died than Treck.

LBO2djg.png70v63yg.png

Amazing! He even dodged one of the Mercenary's thrusts! I wasn't sure before, but he's definitely not dying now.

WyJnc79.pngNsz94xJ.png

And especially not now.

MvVXeSH.pngC6kLNLj.png

The rest was to be expected.

iC6mMWD.pngk3REtjl.pngENhwGVa.png

Ogier finishes off the asshat. Hey, at least he got to finish off someone this time.

Then again, his chances aren't looking too good. Echidna exists, she's a better sword user than him at the present time, and she supports with my best unit and his pal.

But still. It would be cool for him to survive.

6vzj9e8.pngSjO9v2H.png

Look, I actually remembered to give Lilina the angelic robe! She'll make good use of it.

KsktaDx.png

Also, don't worry: I didn't accidentally put Elen in range of the ballista.

uarRsVZ.png

And that's the end of the halberd's wielder. He did nothing of note and died like so many of his peers: at the hands of Lot.

B6imxgQ.pngQHU4dwx.png

With the only one capable of truly harming him having bitten the dust, Treck rides forth.

PgGBTtV.png1thVQqw.pngdbTdHnS.png

Marcus heals up and circles around to draw some heat away from the others (Ogier, mainly).

D51M5Ir.png

But first, worth a shot.

IfoNgRH.png

Oh, wait, gotta move Sue away from the Ballista's red squares!

qvI5TlT.png

Oh, no, Ogier! No! All your stats suck aside from skill!

g64x6P1.pngS4jcX1Q.png

Oh. He didn't get doubled.

Good.

R0foLgd.png

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhholy... oh my... urk. Okay.

UsFXbcY.png

Aaaaaaaaaah damnit damnit damnit! Okay, it's fine. He survived.

UVxJjcH.pngt9a1y0V.png

Time to go on the offensive! Raaaah!

jzc5qK8.png

Bombs away!

wBcyDH4.png

Healing.

zv37VBE.png

The cavalry is here!

As a TF2 player, I'd like to clarify that this is, in no way, shape, or form, a reference to anything.

...you know what I'm talking about.

...I mean, I played that game as well, and while I'm fine enough with it, this particular line and its delivery are far too grating for me to want to be associated with it.

Heh. "Ass".

...where was I?

u9fwnK0.pngVDSTTn6.png

Ah, of course, we were kicking ass. I can see a level in the distance!

w3lipoF.png

On 12/2/2018 at 2:44 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Damnit all, I can already see the emptiness that will become the running theme of the A route...

Hey, at least I can say "called it!". Small victories.

tlNUAKu.png

Elen level!

egqV74Z.png

All she doesn't need, plus some HP that won't help her at all. It's almost as if she's been possesed by the spirit of some really incompetent buffoon that's sapping her growths. But that's silly.

P5JmXHO.png

I don't think anybody'll die. That guy has a killing edge, but what are the chances he'd crit Treck twice, am I right?

i3alCXb.png

Dude, that river sure is beautiful. The GBA games were so good looking. I mean, I personaly find the DS maps to be better looking, but of course, those compensate by having not-so-good sprites. But I've said enough on that matter in the past.

Now, why does this exist, you might be wondering? It exists because I tried taking a screencap of the pirate reinforcements coming out of a fort in that little island to the west but I failed because I'm great like that.

nuatt7R.png

Lot? Wait a minute, I'm about 65% sure that guy could double Treck... why'd he go after Lot of all people?

...wait, 65%... that's higher than 50%... and there's Dorothy and Lot's curse that makes them miss every hit above 50%...

...oh, good God... it's not a curse, it's a plague! And I have been infected! GUAAAAAARRRGGHHH!!

JuDYF4w.pngYBZAePq.png

Ahem, look! It's Geese! This plays out exactly like in the other route, so I'll be skipping it.

h1Em8Yl.png

And there's Geeeeeeeeseeeeeeeeeee! He's similar to his other route's self, except here, he's placed much more conveniently.

CUJ9r9p.png

Okay, time to prepare a nicely chipped down enemy to spoon-feed to Barth like a baby!

kcG3mTg.png

Why, you... stop letting me down, Dorothy! You were doing so well in the other route!

hYoZlH1.png

This, too, is the same.

S5blGmP.pngHold on, isn't that Geese?

zO38ZmV.pngLady Elen...?

S5blGmP.pngIt's me, Ruben.

zO38ZmV.pngI see... is that man a friend of yours?

S5blGmP.pngNo, we met him in a battle before... well, I ended up here.

S5blGmP.pngCome to think about it, that battle was awfully similar to this one... but it definitely took place elsewhere. How peculiar.

zO38ZmV.pngMay I ask you a question?

S5blGmP.pngYes?

zO38ZmV.pngWhat in the world is going on?! I spoke to Lady Elen earlier, and she was herself! She looked really angry, but she was still herself nonetheless!

S5blGmP.pngOh, of course. Well, I understood what you were trying to tell me to do...

zO38ZmV.pngOh, no, don't tell me she caught you--

S5blGmP.pngYes! I was trying to open up this collar a bit, it hurts my neck every time I move it! Then for some reason I started beating myself up until I lost consciousness.

zO38ZmV.pngIn Lady Elen's words, she "came back to her senses" and "subdued the intruder within her soul".

S5blGmP.pngAwfully dramatic. Jeez, that woman has some temper, doesn't she? Never would've guessed... she must've gotten the wrong idea when she saw what I was doing.

zO38ZmV.pngTo be honest, I also did.

S5blGmP.pngPlease, Wrys, have some faith in me.

zO38ZmV.pngBut the face... it suggests...

S5blGmP.pngOh, this? I just suffered a stroke, that's all.

zO38ZmV.png...you... just suffered a stroke, "that's all".

S5blGmP.pngYes. Guess that's what happens when too many people try to fit into one body, am I right?

S5blGmP.pngAnyway, I'd best be on my way. People might need healin', and I'm finally starting to get a hang of these whole staffing shenanigans. Maybe this time, I won't warp everybody to the other side of the continent when I try to use a staff! Hahahahah... I... hope so, at least...

zO38ZmV.png...

sLl15fI.png...my head...

HD4ANKw.png

So, stat-wise, Geese's identical to his other incarnation. There is one difference, however.

eLxI0AN.png

This time around, he's the one with the brave axe! Quite honestly, I'd rather they gave it to Echidna, since as you'll see, her starting weaponery couldn't be any worse.

McYmGFu.png

Worthashot.png.

ek6A4ER.png

Level ahoy! Don't suck, please...

V73YLbd.png

NooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

G6FY7z3.pngqMkh2Hf.png

At least the enemies are toast.

8fkls3T.png

Sue is attacked by the bridge guard and can't quite keep up.

hp7tSdq.pngZHwjb6N.png

Marcus is attacked by the bridge guard's replacement and overkills him. Keep on being awesome, Oifey.

NMJXteo.png

Oh, please.

QQKMBl4.png

Jeigan it is, then.

VHMEnCL.png

O  H  ,   P  L  E  A  S  E  .

M5BIDxS.png

Well, that's just not how it's going to go.

enpU4X8.pngHaKc3HF.png

Now, this may look weird, but I've a plan this time. See, I'm not sure if I'll be able to reach the village before something happens, so Geese, as the only one who can swim through the river by virtue of his career as a pirate merchant, will be doubling back to protect the village. However, the brave axe brings him all the way down to 5 or 6 speed, so I'd better get him weaponery of more reasonable weight.

If I was truly smart, I would've given Roy an axe so he could give it to Geese right after recruiting him, but eh, win some, lose some.

5isTLfD.pngpNMaeYj.png

As usual, Lot'll take care of everything.

i4NIg3Y.pngbq7c5tw.png

Oh, look! It's Gonzales, the very spanish and much spanish man! Well, or that's how Rajoy, the president of Spain, would describe him. I'm serious.

v8kK2h9.pngQYYvjeX.pngH8YD3yF.png

I have several questions, and none of them involve Gonzo.

wlD7Iaa.png

Well, that's one question answered before I even asked it, but... what? Zinque had a reason to do this, but Nord?

GzHIhEc.pngcNTtr0z.png

Also, he's apparently Scollan's long lost brother.

9ALdkig.pngSnyBys2.pngVWbkasA.png

Strangely enough, Scollan, a generic ugly bandit, was nicer to Gonzales than this piece of crap. Truly subtle. I would've never guessed you'd do such a thing, followers of Lenin.

15bHamL.png2rFBGmr.png

Hoo, boy, and he just keeps going.

ljLJDhh.pngFxsPE3x.pngMHbvscZ.png

What value? What do you hope to gain by destroying that village? You already have Lalum!

WYWujr9.png

So, yeah, that's why I sent Geese over to the village. There's no way we're going to catch him on time, not without pointlessly risking somebody's neck. Instead, Geese'll take him on his own. After all, there's nobody else around the village.

ZhSXa7G.pngLoN3e9H.png

The rest is just the usual "Lot takes care of everything" deal. I fear the day he will no longer be tanky enough to do this.

yqx4dHo.png

Worhtashot.png.

QrwyMhW.png

That's not worth a shot.

z53nMGs.png

I'm tired. Sorry, Barth. I'm afraid we lost the slim lance with Wendy.

CvvBaeh.pngc0L1efJ.png

Get outta the way, Wade.

JR22dlO.pnghj2E87T.png

Great. Treck's creeping closer to leveling up.

QXEH5M9.png

This happens.

yajp6Ca.png

Before I forget, here's Gonzales. He's level 5 now, which makes his bases go from "reasonable" to "omg wtf hax". Still, he's cool. Not as bad as Rutger, that's for damn sure.

iwyyoGE.png

That's that. Nobody should die this turn, but you never know.

4Csqfwp.png

Oh, come on, Ogier! Step up your game! This is going to get you killed one of these days!

aFOd7BE.png

Oh my God, he got doubled... of course, the steel blade. I'd forgotten about it.

That's my fault, but it still doesn't excuse the fact that he got hit twice with a chance of dodging of over 70% when taking true hit into account.

Well, that sucked, but the only ones who could possibly take a shot at him now are enemies with handaxes, and what's the chance

RNEOhkd.pngS8QV5PV.png

he'll take even more unlikely hits...

1f6exXI.png

Bah, we'll cry over spilt milk when it's actually been spilled. Now, we've got level ups. Everyone else flopped, but I'm positive you'll--

eHEClje.png

Hah! Yes! I knew I could count on you, Treck.

tWrULVU.png

Wha-- I-- how-- why-- b-but-- HWHAT!?

13iJxbj.png

I can't believe you died again! Idiot! Biogas! Bumbling buffoon! Crooked lighthouse! Grim reaper! Munchin' manakete! Rotten tomato! ...poopnose!!

iWnKKMd.png

Thus dies Ogier. He'll be remembered for his propensity to die in the most anticlimatic ways possible.

3R9NDKE.png

That's his killer. Meh, I guess I might as well avenge him for experience...

Bxlu5EY.png

I'd never noticed these guys were called "robbers". Normally they're "pirates", or "bandits", but here, they got creative.

40b8EVY.png7RMIgPA.pngFeFsydO.png

Down he goes. Death by Lot, at usual.

teMot3M.pngYtFaAIC.png0D1Iwic.png

Saul maxes out his support with Dorothy once more, Wade takes Ogier's spot as the robber tank, and Geese creeps closer to the village. Roy does nothing.

vaf1cih.png2dAJ9DV.png

Some guys attempt to murder Lot, but they do about as well as could be expected. He's so good for this stage of the game, I swear. I really hope he can keep up.

NJ3m3uA.png

This happens, too.

OOenVRW.png

Come now, Wade, that wasn't worth a shot, it was worth a shot!

WXYAUEJ.png

Bah. Just equip your ordinary axe, supportbot.

DnantHJ.png

Hm... is there any chance...

np2ntN0.png

Of course there isn't.

9INI4KH.png

Make yourself useful by picking up your boss, Barth.

YHcEsQv.png4q8LPdD.png

Might as well get Roy his level of the route.

t1rjDEV.png

Cool.

DkQtWc6.png

Let go, Barth, Lilina needs air.

Vj2vpyo.png

Now, you may be thinking "Ruben, what in the world are you doing?".

HCkwFyx.png

Well, firstly, no harm done.

4SYDu2d.png

Secondly, since he did enough damage to kill him, I figured I might as well equip the lance in advance, since this was the last non-swordie left in this part of the map.

NYQ7eP2.pngXPDT6Bb.png

See? Marcus failed to do negligible damage to this guy, but that's fine. His main target is the ballistician. No capital B since they're no longer a class. That said, I probably shouldn't be capitalizing any of the class names, but eh. Guess I'll be sticking to that 'til the bitter end.

4FFzCo4.png

Oh my God, Roy, why can't you be as good as you're in smash?

Jesus, you're gonna cost me the whole run...

U9FLmqp.png0uanZSs.png

See, Treck would've taken 2 more damage if he didn't risk taking 16 additional damage earlier. Totally worth it.

nb8mhV3.png

Roy! Gaaaaawwwwd! Good! Good! Excellent job! Magnificent dodge! Formidable sidestep! I'm proud of you, lad! Attaboy!

Okay, that ballista needs to die now. It may've given Roy a chance to not suck, but I'm not letting him take another shot.

yKsP0St.png1do13UO.png

Damned flashbangs... what happened?

h5OTM2f.png

I can't even see Dorothy here... hello? Can anybody tell me what the devil happened there?

E4FjTTi.png

Bah, whatever. This time, the fact that Geese is not recognized by the residents of his village is even more egregious, since this is the same fricking lady who spoke to him before he left. Seriously, scroll back up and take a look, it's her!

Py2i1YU.pngyEULBqk.png

But what sort of weapon could somebody with these stats:

LGVxyrC.png

Possibly wield? Literally anything but a slim sword would weight this guy down! And he's the Great Civilian from 11B. Imagine these lesser guys!

HRw4LCS.pngN2RwGir.png

Certainly not an axe, that's for damn sure!

SdP7CWE.png

Yeah, let me take it off your hands. You'll end up hurting yourself.

FZ4aDd6.png

Good. But now he's got to deal with Gonzales and his devil axe...

Will Geese survive? Will this battle take the lives of anybody else? Will Ruben find a way out of Elen? And what of the Bernian spy? Find out next time, same firetime, same emblemthread.

That was lame, I know, but I wanted to make that reference.

Buh-bye!

Death count: Bors
                        Wolt
                        Deke
                        Lugh

Rutger
                        Noah
                        Clarine
                        Lance
                        Jerrot

Fir
                        Wendy
                        Og
ier
                        Treck
                        Barth

Bartre

*Discharged

*Only dead in route B

*Only dead in route A

Reset count: 5

Dishonorable reset count: 1

Merlinus death count: 8

52 minutes ago, Saint Rubenio said:

Well, I don't know much about Morgan, so... is he worth anything?

Robin's kid = OP.

Twrysvelyan. Oh my God. I'm dying.

I realised once I'd initially done the image it was missing something: Wrys in the name.

It had to be done.

eLoXVCR.pngGod damnit all, it's me! Ruben!

Rubelen.

Just getting it out of the way.

S5blGmP.png...

Ruben. Mind. Gutter. Out.

EoGrgeJ.pngWhen I came back to my senses, I looked through my eyes, and found my hands doing foul things, paying no heed to my commands to cease them at once.

EoGrgeJ.pngNo matter, however. I subdued the intruder within my soul. I shall be saying a prayer at the chapel after the battle to cleanse it...

Suspicious Elen: the next running joke?

Well, if it hasn't been run through into the ground already.

SVEb5HW.png

Hh my god Roy gets one rounded.

Again, Boi can't take a hit.

This isn't even with heavy weapons.

LBO2djg.png70v63yg.png

Amazing! He even dodged one of the Mercenary's thrusts! I wasn't sure before, but he's definitely not dying now.

Barth actually tanking.

It's a miracle!

R0foLgd.png

Hhhhhhhhhhhhhholy... oh my... urk. Okay.

UsFXbcY.png

Aaaaaaaaaah damnit damnit damnit! Okay, it's fine. He survived.

Oujay's rocking the spinning hat.

S5blGmP.pngYes! I was trying to open up this collar a bit, it hurts my neck every time I move it! Then for some reason I started beating myself up until I lost consciousness.

Oh.

I apologise.

S5blGmP.pngOh, this? I just suffered a stroke, that's all.

zO38ZmV.png...you... just suffered a stroke, "that's all".

It's at least a way to tell who's who.

Not like most of them would.

wlD7Iaa.png

Well, that's one question answered before I even asked it, but... what? Zinque had a reason to do this, but Nord?

Nord's just wanting to get his raid on.

9ALdkig.pngSnyBys2.pngVWbkasA.png

Strangely enough, Scollan, a generic ugly bandit, was nicer to Gonzales than this piece of crap. Truly subtle. I would've never guessed you'd do such a thing, followers of Lenin.

Gonzy. :(

ljLJDhh.pngFxsPE3x.pngMHbvscZ.png

What value? What do you hope to gain by destroying that village? You already have Lalum!

Well, assholes gotta asshole.

yajp6Ca.png

Before I forget, here's Gonzales. He's level 5 now, which makes his bases go from "reasonable" to "omg wtf hax". Still, he's cool. Not as bad as Rutger, that's for damn sure.

GIVE IT TO ME.

THEM BASES.

eHEClje.png

Hah! Yes! I knew I could count on you, Treck.

At least someone's doing alright.

13iJxbj.png

I can't believe you died again! Idiot! Biogas! Bumbling buffoon! Crooked lighthouse! Grim reaper! Munchin' manakete! Rotten tomato! ...poopnose!!

Oujay: Born to suck.

Might as well get Roy his level of the route.

t1rjDEV.png

Cool.

Strength and Def would be better, but perfection is a rarity.

DkQtWc6.png

Let go, Barth, Lilina needs air.

Yes, Barth the bear guardian.

nb8mhV3.png

Roy! Gaaaaawwwwd! Good! Good! Excellent job! Magnificent dodge! Formidable sidestep! I'm proud of you, lad! Attaboy!

Okay, that ballista needs to die now. It may've given Roy a chance to not suck, but I'm not letting him take another shot.

That duck is pretty neat to be fair to boy.

Roy dodging like that makes he think he's half dabbing, like beta Alm.

FZ4aDd6.png

Good. But now he's got to deal with Gonzales and his devil axe...

Will Geese survive? Will this battle take the lives of anybody else? Will Ruben find a way out of Elen? And what of the Bernian spy? Find out next time, same firetime, same emblemthread.

OHNO.

Gonzy's in range. Is Geese going to make it? I doubt it! And with even more valuable weaponry! Run Geese run!

DANANANANANANANANANANANANA, Ru-ben!

I always found it amusing that Intelligent Systems decided to give Gonzales and Garcia (from Sacred Stones) Spanish surnames as their first names. Everyone else has given names, like Roy or Wendy or Ephraim. Hell, there was a Pablo in Sacred Stones too, now that I think about it. And Tomas from Shadow Dragon/New Mystery. They have Spanish given names, so why not Garcia? Or Gonzales?

On 15/2/2018 at 7:47 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

He's a daaark maaaaageeee~, after all.

[TRIGGERED] It's called ELDER magic goddamit!

. I would've never guessed you'd do such a thing, followers of Lenin.

Wait, aren't Roy and co. the communists?

yqx4dHo.png

Worhtashot.png.

QrwyMhW.png

That's not worth a shot.

Worthashot Counter: 6.

He's level 5 now, which makes his bases go from "reasonable" to "omg wtf hax".

God in heaven, 1 RES?! This guy must eat talismans for breakfast.

13iJxbj.png

Milk officially spilled. You can start crying now.

WHY? Why Ogier/Oujay/OJ/Whatevertheofficialtranslationisjay?

OOenVRW.png

Come now, Wade, that wasn't worth a shot, it was worth a shot!

Also I necroposted the old LP, so I don't know if I'll be here to reply to the next one.

So should I say a double R.I.P to Oujay?

On 15/02/2018 at 10:47 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

Quite honestly, I'd rather they gave it to Echidna, since as you'll see, her starting weaponery couldn't be any worse.

I don't see how anything can be worse than a devil axe which Gonzales has.

cmmpaBx.pngMerlinus! Do you have a vulnerary to spare?

K523MkD.pngWell, yes, I think I do... is your eye acting up?

cmmpaBx.pngNo, it's not me. Father Wrys isn't feeeling too well.

K523MkD.pngOh, my! Give me a minute... hm...

K523MkD.pngAha, here. If he needs anything else, please do come see me.

cmmpaBx.pngThank you.

cmmpaBx.pngHow are you feeling, Father?

zO38ZmV.png...desperate. I do not know if I can handle this situation I am in.

cmmpaBx.pngWell, feel free to tell me. I may only be a crippled knight, but perhaps I could help in some way.

zO38ZmV.pngWell, let me tell you a metaphor to... exemplify the situation I am in.

cmmpaBx.pngVery well.

zO38ZmV.pngLet us say, hypothetically speaking, that two different people were inside the same body. How would you separate them again?

cmmpaBx.png...well... I'm sorry, I don't get what it means. Please explain...

zO38ZmV.pngThere is nothing to explain. I lied. That was not a metaphor. That was exactly the situation I am in.

cmmpaBx.png...

zO38ZmV.png...

cmmpaBx.png...

zO38ZmV.png...

Part 20 - Goin' Nord.

None of you wished me a happy birthday. I'm disappointed in you all. As punishment, I've had fun these days and as a result, the update's been slightly delayed. I hope you all suffered throughout these days of not getting to see me suck at Fire Emblem.

Nah just joking, please don't leave the thread, I crave for your attention!

On 16/2/2018 at 12:48 AM, Dayni said:

Robin's kid = OP.

I can just imagine FE6 Robin.

0216gum.png

Like mother,

G2IzxMQ.png

Like son.

Yes, that's fem!Robin. She had Morgan with Legance.

xX7RlZp.png

If you're thinking I'm being silly, I shit you not, there's a boss with 2 recolors like this. And let's not even speak of Monke...

I realised once I'd initially done the image it was missing something: Wrys in the name.

It had to be done.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Rubelen.

Just getting it out of the way.

Bwahahahah...

Ruben. Mind. Gutter. Out.

Hah, you fell for it.

Suspicious Elen: the next running joke?

Probably not. Or...

Well, if it hasn't been run through into the ground already.

Eh, perhaps.

Again, Boi can't take a hit.

This isn't even with heavy weapons.

He's starting to turn into a deadweigh, as he usually does.

Barth actually tanking.

It's a miracle!

A christmas miracle! A little delayed, but eh.

Oujay's rocking the spinning hat.

Nah, he's rocking the sucking hat. Jeez, did he suck ass.

Oh.

I apologise.

Damn right you do. You fell right into my trap! In America Scotland!

It's at least a way to tell who's who.

Not like most of them would.

Handy, isn't it?

Nord's just wanting to get his raid on.

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Gonzy. :(

Well, assholes gotta asshole.

Especially when that's all their characters are about.

GIVE IT TO ME.

THEM BASES.

Such bench!

At least someone's doing alright.

It's the Reckman!

Oujay: Born to suck.

He was super-skilled! And nothing else.

Strength and Def would be better, but perfection is a rarity.

At least may now he'll cease to get doubled to death...?

Yes, Barth the bear guardian.

IntSys respected him so little, they gave his name to a generic pirate boss from Echoes and changed him to "Barthe". I just thought I could take a moment to appreciate that.

That duck is pretty neat to be fair to boy.

Roy dodging like that makes he think he's half dabbing, like beta Alm.

Most say Boy's sprites are bad, but I disagree. Sure, he's way worse than Eliwood in both stages of promotion, but he's got his moments.

Honestly, Eliwood's my favourite part of FE7. Call me mad, but that's just how it is.

OHNO.

Gonzy's in range. Is Geese going to make it?

Only time shall tell.

I doubt it!

Damnit, Dayni, he may have bases, but his skill sucks, so does his luck, and he's got the devil axe! Hell, I'd be more scared for Gonzo than Geese here.

And with even more valuable weaponry! Run Geese run!

If he can, that is.

DANANANANANANANANANANANANA, Ru-ben!

SOCK! POW! ZOK! ...random handshake! TRWYS-VELIAN! TRWYS-VELIAN!

On 16/2/2018 at 1:39 PM, Dinkiniensis Pontifex said:

I always found it amusing that Intelligent Systems decided to give Gonzales and Garcia (from Sacred Stones) Spanish surnames as their first names. Everyone else has given names, like Roy or Wendy or Ephraim. Hell, there was a Pablo in Sacred Stones too, now that I think about it. And Tomas from Shadow Dragon/New Mystery. They have Spanish given names, so why not Garcia? Or Gonzales?

Well, with so many named characters, it's only normal they'd have to crap out some aberrations.

Except Kaga. Kaga's a great guy and decided to put a Roger, a Thomas, a Samson, a Hardin Lionhart and a Karla in his first freelance game and expect IntSys not to sue.

Also, Yoda. I just wanted to get the chance to mention Yoda in some way. Fuckin' Yoda, man. I need to LP tearring for you guys some day.

On 17/2/2018 at 8:37 AM, eclipse said:

Poor Ogier, forever fated to GTFO of this run!

I tried, I really did. But 'twas not to be.

Please don't let Geese die.  That Swordreaver is cool!

I'll try, but... you know me!

20 hours ago, Franp3 said:

[TRIGGERED] It's called ELDER magic goddamit!

Yeah, but Nord's evil. That means he's a dank mage, amirite?

Wait, aren't Roy and co. the communists?

Nah, IntSys are.

Worthashot Counter: 6.

Worthashots actually being worth a damn Counter: a big-ass 0

God in heaven, 1 RES?! This guy must eat talismans for breakfast.

Unbelievable, man, unbelievable!

Milk officially spilled. You can start crying now.

WHY? Why Ogier/Oujay/OJ/Whatevertheofficialtranslationisjay?

You'll have to forgive me for not being so enthusiastic. The only thing of note about Oggy was that he had much more skill than he should with his growth.

Still 0 for the WABWAD counter.

Also I necroposted the old LP, so I don't know if I'll be here to reply to the next one.

I'm sure you'll be, we've got a mod reading the LP. She'll tell the Banhammering Committee that it was part of the show!

4 hours ago, deskita said:

So should I say a double R.I.P to Oujay?

We should indeed.

I don't see how anything can be worse than a devil axe which Gonzales has.

The devil axe seems worse on paper, yes, but Gonzo also has way more con than Echidna to even things out, and by virtue of his puny skill and luck, it's unlikely that he'll hit anything, including himself.

Spoiler

FZ4aDd6.png

Last time, Geese was going to die.

LWwoBn8.png

But before that happens, Barth will shoot in a completely worthwhile way.

VKtz3FP.pngsC4Leiz.png

I'm honestly losing hope with him. If I cannot get him a single level before the next chapter, I might as well consider him to be dead and just use Doug. Even though it seems nobody wants me to use him.

D7qRJYI.png

Don't you die now, Roy.

G2MQmhj.png5R4IMbU.png7wAwHwx.png

Lot'll keep the robbers occupied while gaining minimal experience from it, Treck'll face two Mercenaries on his own, and Geese'll hopefully dodge.

McmFyac.png

IMBECILE!

oLOVj9H.png

IMBECILES, THE BOTH OF YOU!

YFTxv4R.pngwp51Fj5.png

Even fucking Barth did better than them!

NXPGish.pngegRhlda.pngj9Ed9ug.png

I mean, these guys are sort of a given, but...

GMPzeMJ.pngne2uCYd.png

Sue fails to chip this guy down for Bath, so Dorothy does it instead, as usual.

1lmKPWK.pngwa0bKjr.png

Then Barth fails to take the experience, so I feel like giving up on him.

kf1mHBv.png

Geese...

zIPYniX.png

...better dodge, because in my great wisdom and foresight, I didn't think to give him a vulnerary, so he's going to be stuck at a rage-inducing one-shot range until next turn. Damnit, Saul, see what happens? You should've made a better use of that 40% magic growth!

HLXPjjN.png

I attempt to use Lot as a Jeigan. He's a little too efficient to be a good Jeigan, but thanks to being an axeman, it's possible to get luckily unlucky like this.

HinXQMI.png

And that'll be a level for Wade!

9oqRGJ0.png

Wade, c'mon, you got defense in the other route.

tXKKakT.pngY8staIh.png

Reck kills a guy, but that doesn't change the fact that Geese is in an extremely awkward situation. He cannot move from the village, he can't heal... he can't do anything but pray to Elimine she'll allow him to move slightly to the right and dodge the big man with the cursed axe.

6kEB5Aa.png

...oh, he moved to heal...

That means, Nord had more foresight than me and gave his expendable raidbot a vulnerary.

...now, that just cannot be. I must ensure he does not survive today.

DXbNoTM.png

This guy, too, is making a run for it, but he doesn't have a horse, nor a vulnerary, so Treck'll make short work of him.

NNrMgys.pngz7chruh.png

Except, I still want to try to make something out of Barth, so I move him ahead to try and trick the Merc into committing suicide via sucky unit.

njnErBq.png

And hey! Looks like Geese'll live after all!

9OA6nJf.png

Marcus is just fighting pirates on his own near the ballista. He's a great Oifey like that. And hey, in the other route, he got a bad level up! Maybe this time, he'll live up to his status as an unexpected Oifey! Three hurrahs for second chances!

xm9jsKT.png4PfUTiY.png

The Archers tag team this robber to death.

FMHEL12.png

Saul works to get experience and not much else.

oc7O4ah.png

And here we go. It's slightly hard to see, but the Mercenary cannot reach Geese, so there's no chance he's going to die now.

34CjTgV.png

Gonzo keeps on healing up.

S5blGmP.pngHey, Elen! It's my turn now!

EoGrgeJ.pngBack off, you demon! We're not taking turns! You will stay down until I cleanse my soul of you!

S5blGmP.pngHey, now, that's not a very nice thing to say!

EoGrgeJ.pngYou tried to... enfilthen my body!

S5blGmP.pngI was just opening this damn collar! Why can't anybody believe me?! My-- your skin's all red under it! How can you wear this piece of crap all day long?!

EoGrgeJ.pngWhy, you little-- this is holy cloth! The sign of my faith in Elimine! How dare you--

S5blGmP.pngHush it and--

EoGrgeJ.pngThat's it, I'm going to exorcise you, right here, right--

S5blGmP.pngWe're under attack, Kill Bill! Look alive!
EoGrgeJ.pngKill Bill!?! What in the world did you just call me--

S5blGmP.pngMOVE!

EoGrgeJ.pngWHERE!?

S5blGmP.pngTO THE LEFT!

EoGrgeJ.pngARE YOU CRAZY!?! THE RIVER'S RIGHT THERE!

S5blGmP.pngNO--

nwzNyO2.png

Oh, come on! Seriously?! Did I seriously make that mistake?!

U0DO5CM.png

I impress myself sometimes...

S5blGmP.pngWhat now...?

EoGrgeJ.pngUnh... my head's bleeding...

S5blGmP.pngIt's my head too, now...

EoGrgeJ.png...rrrrghhh...

iL1aPtY.pngYou two!

EoGrgeJ.pngFather... Wrys!

iL1aPtY.pngCome, grab my hand. I shall get you out of here.

S5blGmP.pngThanks a lot, man... I knew... I could count on you...

iL1aPtY.pngYou may thank me when you no longer are risking to bleed out. For now, hold tight!

iL1aPtY.png...urk...

S5blGmP.pngWrys?!

iL1aPtY.pngHold tight, I said!

EoGrgeJ.png...Saintly Elimine... why... why is this happening to me? What have I done... to deserve such a fate...?

FfFkMIN.png

And of course, the only other one who gets attacked that turn is Marcus. I lost Elen like an idiot. God damnit all to hell...

E0p6zzU.png

Oh, that's it. That was the last enemy you had any chance against. You're going right back to the bench where you belong.

PmN6gPa.png

You may have at him, Lilina.

X1qpKrO.png

Eh, not bad, but could've been speed.

kwYELza.png

Saul levels up, as well. Prepare for the disappointment.

wSEIV77.png

Holy crap, he actually did it again! Yes! He still has a chance to cap his speed!

sDp5ZuR.png

Gonzales is pretty much a complete non-issue at this point. When he approaches, Lilina will be ready.

vxahRqW.png

These guys start appearing. They're a bit ahead of schedule, but as you can see, Treck's close enough that they won't be able to cause much ruckus before we get the upper hand.

1PT7SrN.png

Like so.

nFs0tyP.png

The robbers are no more, so Sue gives Dorothy a ride back to the action.

fxpmioO.png

That's better.

y1lhGVI.png

Marcus was just about to return to the main group, but as it turns out, there are more people in need of being cut open to the west.

EyF05X4.png

Lookin' good.

pbIRu5q.pngz1xoO5U.png

Marcus fights a little while I marvel at the fact that, heck, we're still using Marcus. I know I say this at least 10 times per episode, but it really begs repeating: we're still using Jeigan. Like, Arran had already died a while ago at this stage of the FE12 LP. But Marcus? Marcus just keeps on going. He's the man.

ZY2yxdy.pngDlOBgNs.png

I'm sure I had a very good reason for doing this at the time.

Obsx7rZ.pngTiGZQHZ.png

I find it rather funny how both Treck and Marcus did the exact same to their pair of attackers: one dead, the other left with 9 HP. It's like, Treck aspires to be the new Marcus. Which is to say, he wants to be Zealot. That's the same as saying that he strives to be like his boss. Meaning, he desires to be the new boss of the Ilian mercenaries. Which in turn is completely pointless since he's the only remaining member of his group.

You may've won the Noah and Zelot battles, chapter 7, but you lost the war. Treck's still alive and kickin'! Most certainly not dead in any timeline whatsoever!

5KFYjJP.png

Oh my God, he could've died right here. I'm an idiot.

h1TiQLu.png

Well, he didn't, so let us all rejoice.

MA6DmU0.png

Nice. Pretty good, all things considered.

QrmAZvs.png

I'm not sure when it actually happened (I think it might've been that last battle), but Treck now has D swords. Not too bad. Promoting to Paladin'll give him some sword experience, placing him rather close to C. Certainly closer than most of these lance Cavaliers get on average.

Hey, this is Ruben from the future! ...of roughly 1 minute after writing that last line. I just checked, and promoting actually gives a full sword rank, so Treck's gonna be using killing edges! If only I hadn't lost my killing edge when Dick died... now he only needs a support partner. Probably Gonzo. Although Miledy would probably be better suited for it. But I don't wanna use her if at all possible.

CJKMXro.pngtwOkDAi.png

The representants of Elimine get to work, as usual. Dorothy'll level up, even! Time to redeem yourself, girl.

u0WNVK0.png

Hahah, yes! Yes! That's great! All the stats you need and more. I'm proud of you.

DhEaXIl.png

Oh, c'mon.

7cU6kdf.png

Okay, this time he's definitely going to be recruited.

FEwS0cx.png

This guy is also unable to axe anybody by a really small margin. I'm so sorry for him.

th0efll.png

Gonzo... runs away to heal. Sheesh...

wRau9i6.pngpdmXyGu.png

Reck keeps on embarrassing these guys. Not that they needed much help with that.

M15z9Vb.pngaCbZLBE.png

Elimine blues. I did run out of ideas, why?

Jv66LGZ.pngtsgGFlB.pngWWWRvMJ.png

Treck's iron sword is about to break. When it does, it'll be time for somebody else to plug the gap and get some training in.

t6qOCln.png

(Gonzo's still there)

2ACR6UR.png

That's it for Treck's sword.

N9KOKqJ.png

Dorothy is attacked, but it's nothing, since nobody can finish her off.

MO4ud1X.png

The enemy seizes the oportunity at being marginally more likely to inflict damage to Treck. He failed.

KPzQcJw.png

Treck doesn't waste any time, though.

DWyBWMI.png

Look, Lilina surviving an axe hit! It's such a wondrous sight... I shall put her new not-sucking powers to good use by jeiganing this axeman for...

I2jWtfL.png

Hair! He's using the swordreaver because the iron axe didn't make the cut and using the brave axe for this would be stupid.

YjukpJo.png

I want to take no risks. Out of harm's way with you!

ZL0BnAy.png0gPNuYQ.png0yEdrlg.png

More death. Before you yell at me not to waste the killer bow, allow me to remind you that the last time we could buy bows was back in chapter 7. This game has a serious problem with its shop distribution early on. There are no swords in 11A/10B, no bows in 9, no light magic until 11A/B... they could've handled it a tad better.

geb8Anw.pngR3NwOxA.png

Lilina gets some air and some healing from everyone's favourite pervert.

ygFgp2D.png

And that's another turn over. Geese'll take on the enemy for experience and revenge. Mostly experience.

gfjahrg.pngD99AThP.png

In hindsight, maybe this wasn't such a great idea.

iOf3NWt.png0EIf4Ym.png

Nope, definitely not.

I3EtDRj.png

But using him is a good idea, right?

HI7Z5by.png

Please...

wZW4TLj.pngKkOKJtU.png

Oh, now you're just trying to piss me off.

SU4rtYF.png

I take it back, you got strength.

bUH7o9g.pngAe5pknW.png242zcoH.png

Healing, trading, turn end. Lot moved forward to cover Geese so he can only be attacked by two guys at a time. Even though he'll still die from that. I'm samr.t

6z1OJ2T.png

Ah! Abort! Abort!

hnb6G1n.png

Good, he's still alive and able to abort.

QRIHQaC.png

D-- Wade...

hFfo1HA.png

Die! Let your experience go to waste!

q8Afazc.png

Geese sure is putting that one HP level to good use.

0OrLZrF.png17rtbKm.png

It has become apparent that Geese can't handle the frontlines just yet, so Treck borrows Roy's sword and rides forth.

AEXZYjX.pngt8Ybd9u.png

Also, no, I haven't forgotten about Gonzo. He'll move south, and then Lilina will be ready to give him a talkdown.

Os7XnGV.png

Good.

tVRFRD5.pngMGLZcFX.png

The... Almars? Almareeses? Almeses? Almers?

Elmers. The Elmers attempt to defeat Treck, but to no avail.

T35BpOV.png

And now, they shall pay for their insolence in attempting to wound the best Cavalier!

gol3Qtc.pngXWL3GYv.png

Jeez, Geese, you need stats. For now, though, worth a shot.

8GLyszf.png3lRb40R.png

And for once, it was!

ISKueL5.pngkD5INu9.pngPAYTAab.png

Healing, recruiting, the usual post-action shenanigans. You know the drill by now.

Nak5kfr.pngcA06lBA.png

Why are they going after Treck? Geese is right there with his inferior stats and lack of WTA!

ziF192m.pnghB0aFYw.pngnJWjso6.pngkGth3rg.png

Turns of fighting then happen as I buy time for Geese to take both kills.

q5VGc3w.png

That taken care of, let's move on to the Shaman.

p16cwOG.pngiMaDs1L.png

Good work, Geese.

zJ6Txo3.png

Even better work! Speed makes for a good start. Let's forget about his actual start, shall we?

H0LHE2V.png

Treck finishes the job. Since he's promoting after Nord's death, I want him to get as much EXP as possible.

4gQm6OH.png

Nord is extremely annoying. His combat prowess is at about Legance's level (A.K.A. all the generic General bosses we've met thus far), except he lacks a weakness to effective weaponery of any sort, which, if you remember, is the only reason the last few General bosses have taken a reasonable amount of time. And to top it off, he has nosferatu, which automatically makes my life even more miserable.

zj5i3pG.pngmDqvji1.png

Isn't that right? Since you've got nosferatu and all... """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""clever""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""".

UMLbwny.png5aC4q2O.pnghPictcG.png

This... is probably going to take a wihle.

JnqlydO.png

But hey, Treck got to level up, at least!

geR1xqM.png

D'oh!

NZmk6UE.png

It's fine, it's fine, he'll kill Nord for another (hopefully better) level up.

ymFGJj8.png

In the meantime, Lot's the only one with even the slightest chance of reliably hurting Nord, so he'll be taking shots at him. See, this is one of the strengths of Warriors over other axe wielders. They get more than shitty handaxes to attack at range. And unlike Berserkers, they get a less inaccurate option at the same time! That's important in a game such as FE6.

9UvXlWo.pngxOpFNlH.pngQGkcgKI.png

Except life sucks and I can't have nice things.

v0ERjyl.pngH2hK8yM.png

In sharp contrast to their first skirmish, both parties hit their marks square and true this time around.

l10uTi7.png

Saul level! Let there be speed...

FH4eJPp.png

Meh... oh well, he does need the luck.

Tw7pXa8.png

This shouldn't have worked, but it did.

ML02kqc.png

Ah, I see. They were just toying with me.

gDKII34.png

Baaahhhh... we've been succeeding at hitting these all game, but not today?

r6ape5m.png

Time for plan B: let him heal up a little and then try again.

aJ2kPFo.pngbXkQcJH.pngO1ZbvJb.png

Plan C time: get frustrated.

LWgRh8g.pngXtDEXT1.png9CC9cHv.png

Hey, at any rate, he's leveled up!

sjmuXPQ.png

Adequate.

BTXqV5G.pngge6QEe5.pngY4P7H8t.pngajrGqG3.png

Nord's HP is annoying in that Lot 4 shots him, so I am forced to use the handaxe if I want to... uh...

...no, I really didn't need to do that. Why did I do that? I must've been too eager to finish this...

dUdOJ3m.png

Eh, at least Saul's getting some nice experience.

kpLjeCx.png

And of course, in the end, Lot goes ape-shit on the guy, so Treck'll have to promote early.

PLjiQnB.png3R4z0LW.png

But first, more meta jokes! Get it? He uses nosferatu and that's the only remarkable thing about him, so of course, it becomes his whole personality.

6nancSw.png

Lot gets very close to leveling up, but not quite.

ZDtU7Dp.png

Let's not waste any time, then. After all, this game doesn't allow for using items in the prepscreen, and waiting further to promote would mean Treck would move one less square at the beginning of 11A, and that just wouldn't do.

rt08WKJ.png2D3rbPT.png

Thus, the meager Cavalier...

pyNlImp.pngdSkiDlb.png

...achieves greatness!

78jHtAC.png

Aw, yeah. Same defense as Lot. Less speed, but more move. Quite good, overall.

ERMZ8zh.png

I finally remembered/found the time to make Saul worship this pagan icon. We can add that sin to the pile.

A6LQvvP.png

And with that, we seize. That was painless enough, aside from what wasn't.

ak5Lyv0.png

Ah, our sort of daily dose of "Lord Roy!", courtesy of Merlinus. He decided to spice things up for us today, with a delectable "Lord Roy...". Breath it in, folks.

xdn0Q9P.png

Really? He didn't write down how evil and bad he and Arcardo are on his diary? I'm shocked!

MReTf3Q.pngGPF9bWA.pngE0dcXEt.png

Here, we send a message to Cecilia because we know for a fact there is corruption within the Western Isles' government. In the other route, we sent a message to Cecilia because Merlinus' offscreen sources told him there is corruption within the Western Isles' government.

Really, was it too much to ask that they put Bartre and the civilians in this chapter, and Lot and Wade's family in the next? I know, it would've taken away from the replayability, but it's kind of appalling how much the other route feels like an afterthought, both in terms of design ("let's flip the maps and their order! That'll do!") and aside from what I mentioned, plot ("let's flip the plots and their order! That'll do!").

rRk0icb.pngo6iVOLy.pngXPAXTCQ.png

Oh, boy, it's Lalum. I'm not too fond of this girl, although she's certainly better than Cath. Anything's better than Cath. Remind me, did I talk to her in chapter 8...?

XNVEshS.png

Good, good. That's reassuring.

Rz6xyYb.png9urljqO.png

I just love these generic soldiers, our friendly reminder that we are supposed to have a real army and not just a ragtag bunch of misfits, children and elders. Really, IntSys, I know it's hard to account for the possible death of your cast of 50~ people, but the fact that you had to include generics on our side to talk to Roy is just stupid.

vb2jESL.pngORZkiiL.pngBEqLj2n.png

So, here's Lalum. After seeing Delphin, you might be thinking "so, how does his replacement hold up?".

w7gf9t9.png

Badly, that's how.

9LfHd9A.pngP9N59Zm.png

Yes, while Delphin is actually a pretty damn good character, despite how much I love to mock him, Lalum is just... generic dancer #4, I think? Yes, four sounds about right.

Remember Feena, or Phina or Piss or whatever? Lalum's the same deal, except she arrived too late and Navarrutger is no longer relevant to the plot. He is also dead.

rdp2LXP.png

Also, if it isn't obvious enough, she's the next member of Roy's Harem, along with Stoic Sue, Dumb Shanna and Obviously Canon Lilina.

Cecilia hasn't joined yet, so instead of refusing to acknowledge her, I can refuse to acknowledge her, except I've more of a reason than "IT RUINS HER CHARACTEEEEEER".

rnaCyVE.pngrwtwnhr.pngzNLK4Rr.png

That's not an appropriate answer to his question. Isn't this the second time this happens?

66m74Jd.pngcCLa5gc.png

KHmg1gc.png

pB9D1Zg.png

kK8tcp9.png

cCLa5gc.png

1DA1HkV.png

QYAb9fK.png

vtgcoxl.png

dX0NeFI.png

Le shock! Who could've possibly foreseen THIS?!?!?!?!?!

dTDLezK.pngwTmUjOT.pngMYQaei1.png

Truly kafkian!

olx3RDR.pnghQJ7LYN.png

Wait a minute, that still happens today...

ZJHejmO.pngcXxnftL.pnglP25yE8.png

Bubububu... bubububu...!

Do5JeIQ.png

Whoosh You can do it!

I apologise for the link spam, but... I just... I could do it!

OntWUAV.png

Such a monster!

hz6Edwa.png

Such a victim!

psbkBXf.pngXMmrIgG.pngaceIGcs.png

Heck yeah! Let's kick true enemy of the people ass! Chaaaaaaaaaaaan! Saiyos ter noshiiiiii ne histroom qui satoooness, haiti ala deh emir abdallaaaaaaah!

2j1qI1h.png

If you're wondering, yes, that's supposed to be the URSS anthem. I don't do soviet, 'kay? 'Least I can communicate with y'all in the language of the greatest country of the world:

Saint Vincent and the Grenadines!

zgYMTUG.pngfTg5nQh.pngkNh9Dcc.png

My, Merlinus, do I detect a twinge of jealousy? When was the last time a fair maiden jumped on you like so?

AWvug98g.png

Ah, I see

Hx7U5c4.pngvbmN74q.pngnfEbb3U.png

Well, gotta give it to route B: the wyrmslayer, at least, did make more sense there. What, was she hiding this in her panties the whole time?

I don't quite know how to feel about that mental image, so let's just quickly draw a dramatization of the mentioned picture and move on with our lives.

5luTYBv.png

Well? Will this cost me my account? Gimme a call if it will, mods, and I'll edit it out for a picture of one of my cats or something.

SdP1aRw.pngUFnmUpJ.png

Hinty hint, everybody. Again.

eEPoxnw.pngD9Nfcux.png

Eh, considering the state of our army's sword-slinging department, it might very well fall right back into her hands.

pJmhfJE.png

And so, another chapter ends! I feel I'm better prepared for the bullshit village chapter this time. I've got another promoted unit now! And... that's pretty much all the differences. Gulp. Everyone, please say a prayer for me. And for the love of all that's holy and unholy, don't wait too long, I'll most likely have already played through the chapter by this time tomorrow. Don't you dare let me down now!

Anyhow. Until next time, everybody. See you!

cmmpaBx.png...how are you feeling, Lady Elen?

eLoXVCR.pngI have had better days, but I must thank the Gods for sparing my life.

kFhDmAz.pngThat is the spirit, indeed. And you, Ruben? How are you feeling?

S5blGmP.pngOh, you mean aside from the fact that I'm trapped inside a lady?

cmmpaBx.png...

zO38ZmV.png...

EoGrgeJ.png...

S5blGmP.png...what? What did I do now?

EoGrgeJ.pngYou rascal... c-choose your words more carefully!

S5blGmP.pngOw! Ow! Stop it! First and foremost, it's your body! Don't forget... raaaarrrgh!

S5blGmP.pngCurse my luck... why do these things happen to me...

EoGrgeJ.pngKeep quiet now. The adults are going to talk.

zO38ZmV.pngActually, there is one thing I would like to ask him.

S5blGmP.pngYes, Wrys?

zO38ZmV.pngYou do not know what became of the Bernian spy, do you?

S5blGmP.pngActually... no, I don't.

zO38ZmV.pngThat is not good.

cmmpaBx.pngYes, I understand. If Sir Ruben ended up... like this, then he could be literally anywhere!

EoGrgeJ.pngHe could be any of you...

zO38ZmV.pngWe cannot trust you and Ruben to be the only ones inhabiting your body, Lady Elen. As unlikely as it may seem, we must consider the posibility that he, too, may have invaded your soul.

EoGrgeJ.png...yes... of course.

cmmpaBx.pngWhat do you suggest we do?

S5blGmP.pngWe could send a letter to Lord Pent, the powerful Sage I met before everything went to Hell. He might be able to make some sense out of this whole situation.

cmmpaBx.pngAh, Lord Pent, the old Mage General! I heard tales about him back in my home.

EoGrgeJ.pngPherae?

cmmpaBx.pngOh, you may not know this, but I am not actually a native Pheraean.

EoGrgeJ.pngI see.

S5blGmP.pngWell, in any case, that's my suggestion. Other than that, we should keep our eyes peeled. If anybody acts suspiciously, keep a close eye on him or her, it might be the spy.

zO38ZmV.pngVery well. It only remains to decide how we'll deliver our tale to Lord Pent...

o3nCDdg.pngIf I may...

cmmpaBx.pngAh, Sir Jerrot. How are your wounds?

o3nCDdg.pngBetter today, thank you.

o3nCDdg.pngAbout the subject at hand... Treck has far surpassed me as a warrior. We've been talking a great deal, and we've decided he doesn't need me nagging him all the way to the end of the war. And there's, of course, the matter of my inability to fight. I'm useless here.

o3nCDdg.pngHowever, I can still ride a horse decently. I am not as close to Lord Roy as you are, Lance, and Roy can't spare a single soldier or retainer. I think I am better suited for this mission than anybody else.

zO38ZmV.pngWe thank you. When will you depart?

o3nCDdg.pngAs soon as I can speak to Lord Roy about it.

zO38ZmV.pngVery well. Lance, take him to Lord Roy. While you do that, I will write a letter for Lord Pent.

S5blGmP.pngYou could go to Pherae to begin your search. We have no idea what may be going on there, but if... er, I still visited Pent in... this time... uh, bottom-line, Pent and his wife may be at Pherae, and even if they're not, it would be a decent place to start looking.

o3nCDdg.pngThat sounds like a most astute plan. I think I shall follow your advice, Sir Ruben.

zO38ZmV.pngI'll write a letter for Sid and the others at Pherae as well, then.

cmmpaBx.pngVery well, let us go speak with Lord Roy now. This way, Sir Jerrot.

S5blGmP.png...well? What do you think?

zO38ZmV.pngLet us pray, Ruben... pray to the heavens that all ends well...

S5blGmP.png...that's not very reassuring...

zO38ZmV.pngI know... it's been a crazy day.

EoGrgeJ.pngTell me that...

Wolt
                        Deke
                        Lugh

Rutger
                        Noah
                        Clarine
                        Lance
                        Jerrot

Fir
                        Wendy
                        Og
ier
                        Treck
                        Barth

Bartre

Elen

*Discharged

*Only dead in route B

*Only dead in route A

11 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

I can just imagine FE6 Robin.

0216gum.png

Like mother,

G2IzxMQ.png

Like son.

Yes, that's fem!Robin. She had Morgan with Legance.

xX7RlZp.png

That explains why Morgan sucks then.

McmFyac.png

IMBECILE!

oLOVj9H.png

IMBECILES, THE BOTH OF YOU!

YOU FOOLS!

6kEB5Aa.png

...oh, he moved to heal...

That means, Nord had more foresight than me and gave his expendable raidbot a vulnerary.

...now, that just cannot be. I must ensure he does not survive today.

Nord: a horrible person, but still put more thought into his terrible plans.

oc7O4ah.png

And here we go. It's slightly hard to see, but the Mercenary cannot reach Geese, so there's no chance he's going to die now.

Well, you had me concerned for a second when I thought Geese wouldn't be safe.

Edit: Also, this was the perfect time to put a "See what I did wrong" in.

EoGrgeJ.pngThat's it, I'm going to exorcise you, right here, right--

I wanted to see where things went from here.

U0DO5CM.png

Course, that is not the case when the merc still gets to someone.

iL1aPtY.pngCome, grab my hand. I shall get you out of here.

So the knight Wryllan rode into the battlefield on a great and powerful-

Wait, I'm not writing a fanfic, how did Wrys get there so quick?

PmN6gPa.png

You may have at him, Lilina.

"Barth, you can't even do this simple task? Fine, I guess I'll have to."

Also, Barth finally got the bench. It's a shame he's not much good.

pbIRu5q.pngz1xoO5U.png

Marcus fights a little while I marvel at the fact that, heck, we're still using Marcus. I know I say this at least 10 times per episode, but it really begs repeating: we're still using Jeigan. Like, Arran had already died a while ago at this stage of the FE12 LP. But Marcus? Marcus just keeps on going. He's the man.

It's not that surprising, especially with your lack of swords at this point.

5KFYjJP.png

Oh my God, he could've died right here. I'm an idiot.

Treck saw a glimpse of the B route and went "Nope"

QrmAZvs.png

I'm not sure when it actually happened (I think it might've been that last battle), but Treck now has D swords. Not too bad. Promoting to Paladin'll give him some sword experience, placing him rather close to C. Certainly closer than most of these lance Cavaliers get on average.

Hey, this is Ruben from the future! ...of roughly 1 minute after writing that last line. I just checked, and promoting actually gives a full sword rank, so Treck's gonna be using killing edges! If only I hadn't lost my killing edge when Dick died... now he only needs a support partner. Probably Gonzo. Although Miledy would probably be better suited for it. But I don't wanna use her if at all possible.

Well, if you're going to have to use one OP unit, might as well use both as supportbots for best cav.

6z1OJ2T.png

Ah! Abort! Abort!

hnb6G1n.png

Good, he's still alive and able to abort.

Geese, even with that next HP level up, would have died.

That's dumb.

tVRFRD5.pngMGLZcFX.png

The... Almars? Almareeses? Almeses? Almers?

Almerians?

The people of Alm? Well, it's not like he wouldn't have a cultish following, Walhart exists.

zJ6Txo3.png

Even better work! Speed makes for a good start. Let's forget about his actual start, shall we?

Hey look, Geese isn't doing bad so far!

ML02kqc.png

Ah, I see. They were just toying with me.

Fate's a bit of a prick sometimes, isn't it?

78jHtAC.png

Aw, yeah. Same defense as Lot. Less speed, but more move. Quite good, overall.

Treck the tank engine?

I'll get out.

ERMZ8zh.png

I finally remembered/found the time to make Saul worship this pagan icon. We can add that sin to the pile.

IDOLTARY? Yodel might want to get on smiting this sinner before it's too late.

If you're wondering, yes, that's supposed to be the URSS anthem. I don't do soviet, 'kay? 'Least I can communicate with y'all in the language of the greatest country of the world:

Or spell an abbreviation of it apparently. :P

AWvug98g.png

Ah, I see

That's not appropriate, Merlinus is just a dumb incompetent servant. Don't try to make him a monster!

Hx7U5c4.pngvbmN74q.pngnfEbb3U.png

Well, gotta give it to route B: the wyrmslayer, at least, did make more sense there. What, was she hiding this in her panties the whole time?

I'm going to go with the idea of an offscreen satchel.

Mainly to preserve my mind, please do as Eclipse says.

cmmpaBx.pngAh, Lord Pent, the old Mage General! I heard tales about him back in my home.

EoGrgeJ.pngPherae?

Well, he might have? It's not impossible that he heard something there. I'm not sure Eliwood wouldn't mention Pent.

S5blGmP.pngYou could go to Pherae to begin your search. We have no idea what may be going on there, but if... er, I still visited Pent in... this time... uh, bottom-line, Pent and his wife may be at Pherae, and even if they're not, it would be a decent place to start looking.

Well, at least the alternate timeline stuff is proving useful. Don't tell me Pent's been possessed, Lycia will be doomed!

Either way, 11A is coming and Klein has to be recruited by Roy. This can only end well.

Edited by Dayni

S5blGmP.pngWrys!
kFhDmAz.pngAh... Ruben, right? How are you feeling?

S5blGmP.pngNot too bad. The bandages are annoying, but at least I don't have to around looking like a mummy. Guess this clumsy piece of cloth is good for something.

EoGrgeJ.pngMust you be so disrespectful? What if Sir Lance or Sir Jerrot heard what you just said? With my mouth, no less!

S5blGmP.pngLance and Jerrot aren't here, are they? No harm done.

S5blGmP.pngAnyway... Wrys, I wanted to talk to you about something.

kFhDmAz.pngYes?

S5blGmP.pngYou're abusing your powers.

zO38ZmV.pngNow, that's not fair...

S5blGmP.pngYou are. You've saved me, Lord Roy and everyone else a few times now. And I couldn't be any more thankful. Yet... I worry for you, my friend.

kFhDmAz.pngCome now, I'll be fine...

S5blGmP.pngNo you won't, if you keep this up. You looked seriously hurt when you came to rescue us.

zO38ZmV.png...my back was just acting up, is all.

EoGrgeJ.pngNonsense. He is right. You must not push your limits further, lest you risk breaking them.

zO38ZmV.png...in war, all have to make some sacrifices.

S5blGmP.pngI can't believe you just said that.

S5blGmP.pngJust, try not to die, will you, Wrys? You're getting too old for this.

kFhDmAz.pngDying is not on top of my list of priorities, don't worry.

S5blGmP.pngGood. I mean, what would I do without you?

kFhDmAz.pngWhat indeed... I cannot go letting you roam freely, now can I?

S5blGmP.pngI wouldn't if I were you. Anyway, that's all. Now...

EoGrgeJ.pngNow we must speak about last night. I couldn't sleep at all! Why in the world were you moving us around so much?

S5blGmP.pngI was unconfortable! How can you girls sleep at night!?! I just couldn't find a single position in which these didn't--

EoGrgeJ.pngOh, you bastard...

S5blGmP.pngNot again!!

zO38ZmV.pngI may be old, but this... this is quickly getting older than even me... learn to live together already! We have no idea when we are going to be able to fix this, if it is even possible at all!

EoGrgeJ.png...

S5blGmP.png...yessir...

Part 21 - The greatest boss.

On 20/2/2018 at 12:53 AM, eclipse said:

Yeah, replace that with a picture of your cat.  Because cats are cool! :P:

I know that. Guess I can't be defying the mod now, can I? Here you go!

506X8Cb.jpg

(Includes a piece of my coat and some wood slabs, free of charge! Am I generous or what?)

On 20/2/2018 at 12:29 PM, Dayni said:

That explains why Morgan sucks then.

Bwahahahah... is that a roast to Robin or a roast to Legance? I think my headcanon'll be both.

YOU FOOLS!

I've nothing to add.

Nord: a horrible person, but still put more thought into his terrible plans.

You shall be proven wrong today! I hope...

Well, you had me concerned for a second when I thought Geese wouldn't be safe.

Yeah, it's a little hard to see, but there's a cliff tile there that prevented the Merc from reaching him.

Edit: Also, this was the perfect time to put a "See what I did wrong" in.

I was going to, but decided to say nothing and see if the people would notice on their own.

Of course, I ain't seen shit since you guys didn't have a way to know I wanted you to tell me "I called it when I saw the picture!", but alas...

I wanted to see where things went from here.

It would've been complicated to convey.

Course, that is not the case when the merc still gets to someone.

Stupid Elen and her 20% speed growth!

So the knight Wryllan rode into the battlefield on a great and powerful-

-Arranshair, and Luke was disappointed, but secretely excited about the events to come.

Wait, I'm not writing a fanfic, how did Wrys get there so quick?

Wrysmagic snort snort.

"Barth, you can't even do this simple task? Fine, I guess I'll have to."

If only there was one more guiding ring in the game...

I mean, there is one, but Raigh's gonna take it.

Also, Barth finally got the bench. It's a shame he's not much good.

Maybe if I had started using him back when he was recruited... but alas, Wendy.

It's not that surprising, especially with your lack of swords at this point.

Yeah, Treck's my only other sword user. Roy does not count.

Treck saw a glimpse of the B route and went "Nope"

He's a time traveler, then?

Well, if you're going to have to use one OP unit, might as well use both as supportbots for best cav.

Gonzales is not OP. He's good, but not OP by any means, that skill, coupled with his axelock, brings him down a little. Minerva, well...

Geese, even with that next HP level up, would have died.

That's dumb.

He's Geeeeeeeeeeeeseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Almerians?

The people of Alm? Well, it's not like he wouldn't have a cultish following, Walhart exists.

Does anybody feel like Alm looks oddly similar to modern Tomas?

KztUiLC.pngjNKNOyB.png

Same colours, same facial expression, similar-ish hairdo... only thing is, Alm is the protagonist while Tomas is the best.

Hey look, Geese isn't doing bad so far!

Nah, he's just throughoutly outclassed by Gonzo in everything but skill. Which is, surprisingly enough, rather important, this being FE6 and all.

Fate's a bit of a prick sometimes, isn't it?

I initially read that as "Fates" and was like "what does GROANSOFINCREASINGDISCONFORT have to do with anything?".

Treck the tank engine

GdJfFRL.png

Traintreck

I'll get out.

Right behind you.

IDOLTARY? Yodel might want to get on smiting this sinner before it's too late.

I'm not sure why Yodel should be more worried about idolatry* than him commiting every single deadly sin on a daily basis, but I suppose it's as good an excuse as any.

Or spell an abbreviation of it apparently. :P

FUCK, I knew that wasn't right! Actually, it's spelt correctly... in spanish. Yeah. We call it the URSS. "Union de Republicas Socialistas Sovieticas", as opposed to USSR, "Union of Soviet Socialist Republics".

Long story short, I fucked up but don't want to admit it, so I'll cling to a technicality.

That's not appropriate, Merlinus is just a dumb incompetent servant. Don't try to make him a monster!

But he's a monster! He didn't bring Zelot and co. with him, making chapter 7 even worse of a living hell! If that's not monstrous, I don't know what is.

I'm going to go with the idea of an offscreen satchel.

Mainly to preserve my mind

Bwahahahahah...

please do as Eclipse says.

I already did, but I'll do it again.

zr5kM8t.jpg

Well, he might have? It's not impossible that he heard something there. I'm not sure Eliwood wouldn't mention Pent.

It's mentioned in his supports that he wasn't born in Pherae. Since it's never established what his true homeland is, I just pulled out of my ass that it's Etruria. He's sophisticated enough for it.

Well, at least the alternate timeline stuff is proving useful. Don't tell me Pent's been possessed, Lycia will be doomed!

He could be any one of us. He could be in this very room! He could be you! He could be me! He could even be--

KABOOM!

Either way, 11A is coming and Klein has to be recruited by Roy. This can only end well.

Why is Klein always your biggest concern? He's not so great! 13 speed means even Roy could take a hit from him if necessary.

On 20/2/2018 at 1:54 PM, DestructionDragon360 said:

Ow! Must suck to be Elen right now. But hey, at least she gets a sweet nickname out of it!

Poor woman. If only she had more speed, she could've escaped from her fate.

On 21/2/2018 at 12:20 PM, SoloCross said:

Welp, Elen is out of commision.

She's not dead in the route where she died, but she died in the route where she survived. Truly mindblowing.

At least Treck decided to fulfill his destiny as the best Cav in the run.

Indeed, he has. He should prove quite useful today.

Spoiler

CMrJfKp.png

"How in the world is a mere dancer richer than I, heir to one of Lycia's most important houses!? What is it that you're not telling us?"

"Er... uh... I-I... my dad's definitelly not Great General Douglas of Etruria, a-a-a-and a man called Elphin is totally not Prince Myrddin!"

"..."

QR1CFBr.pnglbgmI9K.png

"Hello, Cecilia.

I'm sorry, but I've murdered a compatriot of yours and will do it again. Please understand, they're the true enemy of the people!

Cheers!

Roy."

CfEpBym.pngcedDrfS.png

I've been pondering at length, and have come to the conclusion that... I have nothing. This is a serious couple of sentence without comedic potential.

6AtMkdj.png

Look, it's Orlo, the guy with two recolors! Funny, considering he's read update title, yet he has more recolors than, say, Slater or Ruuuuuuuuuuuuud.

uu

iTPJsHn.png

More communism. Was that comment really needed? We already knew that!

5ljZKCr.png

That's edgy.

vOvmxof.png6Ig2UJZ.png

That's really edgy. Also, why is Orlo's face still hovering over the text box? He certainly doesn't look like a ghost. He's too fat for that.

bFSIWqI.pngnH8BfO6.pngXv6PADe.pngbvHh3BN.pngEDHsL31.png6g1UnNa.pngqQ8Oryk.pngWMHsadN.png

Trading shenanigans. It's a good thing we've got a shop ahead of us, I'm running out of weaponery. No bows, and 4 axe users so that my bazillion axes aren't enough.

T3qoROY.png

Here's today's team. For some reason, the game keeps trying to make me deploy Merlinus. Even the game itself wants Merlinus to die.

EDWBwaW.pnghJ2upCh.pngC2TA2mA.png

More trading! Except this one's actually important, as opposed to the last 8 screencaps of "I scrap the bottom of Merlinus' cart in a futile attempt to find a bow somewhere. You'll see why the axe siblings claiming all the vulneraries in the army is vital to my strategy when I get to explaining it. A.K.A. after the plot.

j2uFoAb.png

Neat title. It actually foreshadows about 11% of the events that shall soon come to pass! Kudos to the chapter naming team.

gON6oFZ.png

At the very last minute, I remembered to give Roy some real weaponery for Echidna so she doesn't have to mug Geese or something. If you're wondering about the lack of Echidna's trademark axes, well, I'll be blunt, Echidna's not fit for using the axes she specializes in.

f59yGV3.png

If you want, I can add this to the dishonorable reset count, but... really? I didn't even make it past the title!

G7UmEkw.png

Look, it's Minerva! Shut up, it's better to keep calling her Minerva than to acknowledge her actual name.

CzZUUMH.pngJlWGn5y.png4S3G0nV.png

Meet Orlo. Perhaps I'm undeservedly hyping him up too much, but after chapters upon chapters of boring, carbon-copied idiots, seeing this guy is nice.

3Y0XTvO.pnghbw5rbT.png

Oh, shiet! Bern?! Le shock! I can't remember if I made this joke back with Zinque and can't be arsed to check!

YKJIDBY.pngQVHMVSO.pngxeQOmn1.png

And some pleasantries later, Minerva is convinced and leaves.

vOaelde.png7UJXS7T.pngtVY74Ry.png

Wait for it...

LCJly7P.pngdXoDREX.png

Yep. Minerva got played again.

ITPSEp1.png

Gasp! See, one of the reasons this guy is far better than the likes of Zinque is that he actually gives off the vibe of being a higher-up. Unlike Morgan (who was the most forgettable pawn ever) and Zinque and Nord (who were just random lords profiting from the corrupt system), Orlo clearly is a very important figure in Roartz's schemes, second only to Arcardo. I mean, look, he's important enough to be in contact with Roartz himself!

But if you thought that wasn't so impressive...

qNnXbhx.png

He's one of the few people who know the truth behind Myrddin's death. I mean, the truth the bad guys think is the truth. But still. Good enough.

JsMUEMF.pngYzRsEEN.pngcV6ecdf.png

He's also a magnificent, mocking bastard. If only FE had changing facial expressions... I can just imagine him saying that with the widest shit-eating grin.

SRfHfY9.pngAMM3uE0.png

Really, he's just a very well-written throwaway villain. And that's all he is, in the end. He's a throughoutly evil asshat that isn't subtle in the least. Yet, they handled him quite well, unlike the other idiots.

0bWeA5H.pngPFeaxTw.pngD3mXMk0.png

Then again, it might just be me falling for the first guy who isn't a bumbling idiot who screams at his subordinates for no reason at all, and actually has some rad lines.

1B5wslP.pngxTMMzvq.png9eECJxa.pngbK8k0yZ.png

Good, good! No pointless waiting! Commending the soldiers to keep the morale up! Being a smug bastard about it all! I can't be the only one who sees how great this guy is... why can't all one-offs be as great as this one-off?!

FzXtXCb.pngnlPqGTQ.png

They're about to begin, yes. We're not facing the imbeciles we're accustomed to, I'm afraid.

lekf2Hx.png

Hey! How dare you insult a better character than you! Must I decapitate you again for you to learn to keep your mouth shut?!

AtkiL1z.pngwF5TB0m.png

Because we've got a great baddie, for the universe to be at balance, the good guys must repeat over and over how much of a baddie he is. But believe me, this is far from the worst display of this we'll see in this chapter.

t5j0fvm.png

What? Weren't you talking in such a daring and hotheaded manner just a second ago?

Oh, wait, the arrow's above Roy's head. My bad, heh... that's literally what happened, it's getting late.

That's fine, then. It just means Roy's being intelligent, as usual.

dt7owvY.png4zDkq3q.png

Thanks, generic, for interrupting to reveal such mystical, obscure knowledge to us, who already knew that, and Roy, who's smart enough to have figured it out on his own.

4DnAlt6.png

What do you think?

MyEsWQv.pnge1UrCgJ.pngJJlBdfN.png

This is just routine at this point.

y2zMzwL.pngwzLbalJ.pngNZkHM9f.png

I like this route's version of this line better, I think.

XxdQXgh.png

Today's map is just 10B but we start in the northwestern corner.

yfMA0nf.png

We got a new unit. Lalum is a worse version of Delphin, in that Lil' Shit had a sad, pathetic excuse for defense, while Lalum disintegrates if she tries to move through still air too quickly.

OwsRWav.png

The man himself is considerably less of a pain to take down than Nord, since he can't heal out of hitting people over the head with a book.

Gee, the more I look into him, the more I like this guy. Can I not kill him?

ncEMo3w.pngPbovnni.png

Time to go. Here's the long-awaited plan: Treck, Wade and Lot, as the team's strongest men, will go east and through the breakable wall, as in my experience, that's the safest way to be at the northern villages when all hell breaks loose. The rest will head south, with Marcus riding ahead with the same objective in mind as the axemen and Treck.

No, I'm not out of my mind. I'm pretty sure the meta is that going through the breakable wall is a waste of time, but it isn't. Believe me. You shall see.

And if the meta's changed since the last time I checked, then... good on the meta! It's grown wiser.

SdTjHiP.png

Here's Lalum. She... definitelly shouldn't be acting so provocative around Saul of all people.

Then again... he admits in his Elen support that he doesn't like it if they don't fight it...

No, that's not me trying to make him look bad, that's literally his C support with Elen. She's oblivious to his true intentions (or is just messing with him) and accepts to go listen to his sermons at night, and he goes "that's no fun... hey, I'm a pervert, aren't you worried?".

I still cannot understand why he's one of the good guys instead of Orlo.

qToLVDP.png

Anyhow, here's our formation. It's called "moving randomly".

naEjQAA.png

Look, it's these guys. The conversation is different, I promise.

GRshE9l.pngUFOLZGd.png

Wait a minute, how did you figure that out? Orlo only told you he had no news of us! He didn't give you a single clue hinting at the fact that she left us.

4F8sM9x.png

Eh, let's just say Minerva's more intelligent than what her getting fooled twice by throwaways suggests.

TlqPoXi.png

A dedenden. Rolls right off the tongue.

wzzhyZw.png5mWZEMh.png0nUmgMZ.pngrQYTEZo.png

That's not very organic.

eAEI828.pnglNurjeH.pngU2aPoo6.png

Enough already! There surely must be a better way for this to be told to me. Like, let them be in the map for one turn, and put "works for General Murdock" in Gale's bio.

Hell, why does this matter at this point? Unless I'm forgetting something, Murdock hasn't been introduced yet!

qOJaafZ.pngJ8WM5id.png

The main difference between this and the other route's version is that the other route's version sucked, while this one has Gale's backstory.

bJfVTBV.pngVZsjbgT.pngWBVY4Gs.pnghe5Z4kY.png

No, seriously, am I just feeling unusually critical or does this scene suck worse than most? It's a myriad of crappy, forced exposition! Minerva knows that, you know that, there's nobody else around! Why did you deem it imperative to inform Minerva that Narcian is a general of Bern?! This is like the time Guinivere was SO SHOCKED that Bern had generals!

Pd8yBes.pngNBAcQFZ.pngOHVNm6D.pngaqOMUA3.png

This one does feel more natural, because while they both know about this, it makes sense for her to remind him of it in this context, to figure out how he feels about this very personal matter.

What doesn't make sense, however, is why they would discuss this very personal matter on top of a mountain in the Western Isles. But that can be explained as them being stupid.

oP2qi6s.pngMldnH9m.png

Yeah, but that's no reason to revoke your position.

Hell, Zephiel hates all of humanity equally. He's a misanthrope, not a racist. That's never established as a trait of his. Why would he deny him of the job just because Narcian mentioned he wasn't of Bern, and then gave the title to Narcian because...?

I blame Zephiel for Galle's demotion, not Narcian. Which means this exchange... sort of makes sense, in a warped sense...?

3wZb5Ks.pngn3PZ5k6.png9mHhbly.pngq0RI8Ob.png

Also, Galle is sympathetic, but he's obviously not recruitable because his eyes are only two pixels tall and he's oh so loyal. That means he's Camus!

OMRIBCS.pnguOEJVVS.png

And so, they move out. This one scene contributes to giving Minerva Hard Mode bonuses and I hate her for it.

XdseE9T.pngesEzhqR.png

First fights of the day. They're about as boring as first fights of the day usual are.

EpRPG3N.png

This is why I loaded Lot and Wade's inventory with vulneraries. Soon, they'll be far out of Saul's physic range.

oGp5Se0.png

The A team has made it to the crack in the wall. Next turn, they'll get working on turning it into a hole.

cAeuuoo.png

Gonzo's first fight in our team, isn't it? Just finishing off Marcus' tenderized opponent, but don't worry. He'll be doing more meaningful things later on into the chapter.

sLjQuxL.pngo0Swkww.png

Marcus rides ahead to the full extent of his horse's move power. Or would, if I didn't want to endanger his life needlessly.

This is the closest this game comes to resembling Horse Emblem 4: Genealogy of Horse: if you don't have horsies in this chapter, you're fucked when it comes to getting all the loot and the hero crest. Don't believe me? Keep on reading.

jH78Wba.png0NokUQc.png

The others follow as suit as they can.

L58Ydy7.pngTeGt5lT.png

Ahhhhhhh! Just enough damage to kill him! Geese, you need to step up your game.

vTwERZ8.png

Pfft. Look at that pathetic display. No comment.

kFA73W5.pnggGRQM1y.pngzpBwN89.png

The wall puts up a little fight, but it will swiftly go down next turn.

ez9GJqg.pngn9a7i1L.png

Until then, let's try to get Geese some much needed experience.

g8L86Fk.png

Dorothy does her thing with the killer bow.

DYbyE7v.pngKhxRrjV.png

You know what time it is? It's Dancer Strats time!

wcmxey2.pngaw19GfY.png

Yes, that was a waste of a barrier. But think about it: if it did hit, it would've done a lot of damage to Marcus... I guess?

6gEPnSJ.png

Bah. Whatever the case, he's dead now.

CKxLZI1.png

Well, if he keeps getting this sort of levels, he might just be reasonable in about 10 levels...?

Wait, no, what am I saying? Luck increases his hitrate, which is his sole weakness and Geese's one advantage!

OSB6ekj.png

Now that looks like it's got potential to be a really entertaining enemy phase.

L0rGjxt.png

Yeah.

ttgLNaf.pngnah21YB.png

Up north, Treck's attacked by a guy who looks eerily similar to his killer in the other timeline. C'mon, you're given the choice between two guys, one of which must hit you, and you pick the Shaman who knocks off 1/3rd of your health bar?

t1WnpKH.png

No more enemies, however, so we can safely proceed to part 2 of the plan.

p1qDbVA.pngj9UsjI5.png

Firstly, Lot avenges 17 of Treck's hit points. He does so in flying colours. Literally!

dQACagU.pngDRsuFuX.png

Secondly, Treck heals up.

vox4La1.png

And now, all we have to do is wait for Lot to do some clean-up. It's okay, we've got time.

U3Y3YjW.pngBCe5aL8.png

Down south, the two remaining Ostians (Barth's dead inside after his shitty performance last chapter) get to work. Hey, I've brought Astolfo along, might as well give him something to do.

K8SsccK.pngn2jMvBm.png

I wonder what'd win in a battle, Lalum's sluttiness or Saul's thirst.

Assuredly, the world would lose big time.

aJvgMLx.png

Gonzo! Bad spanishman!

Gv2gQiM.png

Okay, that's better.

O2NfsTU.png

Oh, please... but I guess I can't be too angry. This is his one and only weakness. Well, aside from mediocre defense, but he's got his ginormous HP for that.

YemNN6D.png

Jeez, Marcus, 2-shot? You're really starting to fall off. You'd better try to improve your defensive game!

dp6NUTj.png

Oh, no... oh, no!

GI0A27E.png

Okay, good.

wgoKcvA.pngXTyLtun.png

No, that wasn't a needless waste of the killer bow. Sue needed to use it if she didn't want to risk getting killed. Archers...

T1aodUw.png

Nice! Good work, Geese.

be6csEF.png

Nice! Good work, Geese.

...what? I'm trying out Orlo's strategy of not being an ass despite being, in reality, an ass. Maybe it'll work and next time he'll do better.

tuYeMwR.png

Lot doesn't need any sugarcoating to be awesome.

Z3q2DQV.png

Jeez, he's set on being the speediest axeman around and nothing else, eh?

Well, despite his streak of bad levels, he is still speed, res and HP blessed, so... I'm fine. Still, get more defense. I want you to keep on being invincible forever.

b9JdWsj.pngMLCHf4H.pngPjV5OjU.png

The rest is just dodging, with varying degrees of success between the different dodgees. Hush, that's a real word.

5Dzo80w.png

I don't care what anybody says, Wade's good for more than giving Lot 3 more points of attack. They're the best, after all!

gJV4RCP.png

One thing you weren't able to see is that these enemies are tremendously stupid (I refuse to believe Orlo gave them the order to do this) and the Archer lead the charge on the A team. This results in Treck being able to esentially put 3 guys out of commission until we can take care of them safely.

S3kShSB.png9AvE3Mz.png

Oh, come now... I was counting on this enemy to be easily killed!

wul6v2M.png

Oh my God, now I'm not sure whether Wade'll survive or not... why, Lot? Why have you put your best friend's life at risk like so? You vowed to return alive, together...!

USfdTtv.pngVs75vwp.png

Astore fails to do minimal damage and gains a marginal improvement in his survival skills. Eh, if it helps him survive bolting blasts...

5ua4szL.png

Klein might spawn this turn, so Marcus steers clear of his starting area, just in case.

vrYsNtg.pngzTDDWJ3.png

Other than that, it's just Lilina cooking enemies up and Sue failing to do well.

NGD8MbU.png

Sigh... you don't deserve the heals, but if you die, the Mulgreis dies with you, so I'd better thread lightly.

X22rCnC.pngFxByuii.png

I couldn't think of anyone else to kill this guy, so... you may finish what you started, Lilina.

2qliJ11.png

Gonzo doubles this Archer. However, with that hitrate, I don't expect him to get luckier than he already has--

Xx860On.png

I'm sold, you're staying on the team.

...wait, didn't I say the same about Barst in the last LP and then completely forgot about him...?

n8sAqYS.pngaAD4cKq.png

Nice job, Dorothy. You don't need the experience as much as a certain someone. Step ahead and take a bow, "certain someone"!

3PaTn5E.png

Son of a-- now I don't get to say the punchline, and that's your fault, Geese!

xQOwYCl.png

Oh, well, at least he bowed down below the hand axe's flight path.

zGyrExS.png

Eh. All things considered, that could've gone way worse.

There's still a chance the turn may go awry, though. Wade's in a really awkward position.

oKywj4h.png

Orlo! Now, what would that be? Nothing good for me, I presume...

Nymigry.pngKtStxEs.pngz8obFmO.png

Oh, wow. What a bad person.

4Gt3ECe.png4t6Si51.png

Good point. Guess Orlo's dumber than he initially lets on--

lnhDiaX.pngUAktYxV.pngYXHsEwV.png

...Great Scott, he even has a solid way to cover his back in case people give him crap about his foul deeds.

Why isn't this guy Roartz's right-hand man instead of Arcardo? He's far more cunning than that cowardly simpleton!

Then again, Arcardo's just Roartz's envoy in the Western Isles. A glorified messenger. Orlo, meanwhile, is in charge of the very core of the whole money-making system of the Isles.

That explains everything. God, even his position makes sense! This guy is foolproof!

VCeOrIM.pngYTIeJUm.png

Still, that doesn't change the fact that this is really bad news. Or would be, if I hadn't been screwed over by Orlo's schemes so many times, I already know the best way to counter-attack.

WBX0eAS.png

Also, look! I was right! Klein has arrived. The dialogue is the same, so I won't bother.

STx3rHa.png

It definitelly was a good idea to move Marcus to that square: going straight towards the village would've meant more tiles needed to reach it after the Annoying Ones blocked the path.

Though, I still need a way to make sure Klein doesn't run after Marcus.

vzXOgRi.png7AFfMki.png

I have a plan, but first, let's take a look at Wade about to die an Ogier-tier death.

pVxjIg6.png

Oh, God, just enough damage... why!? Why must my heart suffer so?!?!

OqRiGa8.png

Phewwwwwww... aw, heck... he's alive. Good.

Eal0idx.png

Man, I sure do miss that point of defense he got in the other route.

7AFfMki.png

Bwahah! Poor fools. They have no idea how pathetic they look right now.

vZK5KA8.png

Drink up your medicine, Wade. You've earned it.

ZyhTGEB.pngSmEFHrV.png

As for Lot and Treck, Treck'll get on wearing down the stupid Archer, while Lot attacks the remaining enemies. That's the plan until bandits happen, at least.

t0jVYQv.png

So, there's virtually no way for Marcus to approach the village while avoiding Klein's range. So, what shall I do?

RygZPoA.pnglE3INNg.png

Why, offer him a more juicy target!

6IgoEG8.png

Klain's speed of 13 is just too little to double Roy, he can't quite kill him in one silver shot, he can't outcrit his luck, none of his Archer pals can reach Roy from with their measly 5 move, and...

sH52cJ7.png

This time, I ensured Roy wasn't weighted down by his weapon. This is a foolproof, if reckless and painful for our boi, course of action.

V1Zgdv1.png

And now, if everything I know about this game's AI is true, Marcus won't ruin our chances of recruiting Klein / saving the village.

uWBUhVY.png

That taken care of, let's kill this guy, shall we? I mean, I wasn't expecting Gonzo to nail it, but it was worth a shot.

Knau0k9.png

Geese! You're supposed to be more accurate than Gonzales and nothing else!

SRk1UrV.png

Of course, in the end, Dorothy does the deed.

L0VAVwp.png

Oh, c'mon... don't do that! Ogier and Wolt both tried to rely exclusively on their skill, and they hastily bit the dust!

Still, I appreciate the HP and luck. Just... try to get something else next time. I believe in you! If you can put up with your job being to protect Saul from harm, the sky's the limit!

HxoC33K.pngJks1a0P.pngC9xtM31.png

Okay, that's it. Let's hope everything goes according to plan, although I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't.

Of course, I still haven't gotten over that time I thought that and then a fucking Horseman destroyed the village out of nowhere, but I don't see any Horsemen in the vicinity.

PNeUf9s.png

Speaking of village destroyers...

Q1vHsOz.pnge7ix8jq.png

I've said enough about Orlo being smarter than anybody in his side.

YW3LXYY.png

Hah! I love how even the bandits acknowledge the fact that he's an amazingly horrible person.

MRjg6ws.png9Ri4j1U.pngugBgAMa.png

Oh, dear, they're toddlers?! How am I going to keep this politically correct, then!?!

CX2frlw.png

Oh, shit, no time for that now! See, this is the reason I made that comment about Horse Emblem a while back: Marcus has been moving at as top a speed as he possibly could without risking death, and yet, he's just barely arrived in time to stop the bandit.

Anz5Ezr.png

The northern villages aren't as much a matter of getting there in time (as you can see, it's pretty easy if you take the ever underrated broken wall path), but of being able to survive the consequent onslaught. That's why I sent my best men there: their excellent offensive and defensive prowess was more needed there than anywhere else. For that, there's Marcus.

8XLTOBe.png

And if you were thinking using Roy as Klainbait would somehow backfire, think again. Today, I shall emerge victorious! So that I won't have any doubts left when I choose this route as the canon route!

aF67rST.png7RLk2LW.pngsFJW02v.pngkMjP4jV.png

The Paladins are attacked, but to no avail. I really dig Treck's palette. Pale blue and yellow. Fits him well.

pueFclB.png

Wade's no longer in any real danger. And he would never have been, if the RNG didn't screw me over. That wasn't my fault.

p9ZGfDf.png

Yeah, you're a little late, partner.

O8A1veT.pngsjJfouf.png

Yeah! I'm starving for Hero Crests.

OOR6Qq8.png

Wade finishes off the Fighter that almost killed him.

jnA4QZn.pngxFxbstG.png

And so, the villages are safe. I hope. I mean, Brigands always prioritize killing people over killing people inside houses, but you never know... a Horseman might pop up out of some hole and destroy the village!

FemqxoS.png

Treck continues to work on the Archer. That'll leave him at one HP, ready to be easily taken care of when the time comes.

7yEsmqe.png

And now, Klein! See? The plan worked wonderfully! This conversation is also identical to its B version.

6crDVKI.png

4o9uZap.png

rV0QHxx.pngUBWUCfs.png

2RuKKQ6.png

k99cFIG.png

amdjvfA.png

What?! What in the world-- how!?!?!?!!?!?!??!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!??!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!??!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!??!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!??!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!??!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!??!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!?!?!??!?!?!?!

Okno, I can't think of any way to make that work in the context of the fanfic.

TYf6Kib.png

Klein is successfully recruited! And that means, no more enemies this side of the map!

lMFSkYX.png

Well, aside from that idiot, but once I visit the village, he'll cease to be an issue whatsoever.

M86a6xt.pngI4Dc8F4.png

Hahahah, what a fuckin' magnificent trolling asshole. Can he be released in Heroes so I can marry him?

No, wait, what am I saying?

I don't play Heroes.

SWO1iP3.pngrE4bATj.png

Sigh yes, I suppose you do...

bLvckSz.png

Nighty night, staff. It's time for you to lie down in Merlinus' cart and stay there for a while.

5BuZhOO.pngN07aUGf.pngIXuUrei.png

Now, if Tate had the courtesy to wait for a minute, it would be perfect.

5TyJgbG.png

Of course, she doesn't. Why would she? The AI is determined to make me fail, but it shan't succeed!

Before you ask, no, losing the Elysian Whip does not count as a failure. The Orion Bolt... that would be annoying. It'd mean delaying Sue's promotion, which in turn, would force me to delay Tate's as well so as to be able to choose between both routes when the time comes. But still, it wouldn't be such a huge loss.

G3mnDg8.pngfptm8Gw.png

Marcus does NOT like scoundrels such as this Brigand!

w5Tq4BL.pngFor Pherae and Lyciaaaaaaa!!

QW8dP9O.png

w5Tq4BL.pngPerish!

jG6bRlW.pngUtsiuWb.png

That wasn't a very wise move.

bbek23p.pnguA7Deea.png

For some reason, in this route, Tate hangs back for a turn while her idiotic friends charge ahead. Oh, the irony... they were worried the Etrurians would send them in as cannon fodder, but little did they know, it would be Tate herself that would do that!

653H5Yg.pngN0YdUDX.pngKAtYoXh.png

The rest is just your usual "enemies attack without any hope of ever accomplishing anything by doing so".

v88uxMf.png

Are you serious? These guys will freeze when under attack, but when they're perfectly safe, they'll gleefully rush towards their deaths. Klein, why are your subordinates so stupid?

FIqPZFM.pngUpby2JP.pngszFvTln.png

Eh, whatever. Let's try to kill people, achieving varying degrees of success. God damnit, silver axe, why do you suck so much?

eY9j93e.png

Here's Tate. She's exactly the same she was in the other route: a pretty good flier, but not quite the best. Heck, some would argue she's the worst, since Milady's amazingly awesome, Shanna's "MUH EARLY PEGASUS!", and Zeiss has a support with Milady, who's amazingly awesome. Still, none of that makes her bad in her own right, and considering Shanna may have MUH EARLY FLIER UTILITY but lacks the ability to gain experience by fighting without being torn apart, it's best to use Tate to go to Ilia.

SGFaUCL.png

While we're at it, let's visit another house.

TE38uCU.png

Another of this mystical houses that turn into three houses and some trees when you visit them.

Please explain to me, why is a kid in charge of taking the tribute to the castle...

...oh, no... oh, no no no no no... ohhhh, don't tell me... nooooooooooo...

xsb6B17.png

It's already being burnt down, and-- don't change the subject! I don't care much for the village at this point in time. What I want to know is...

ExdcFuI.png

Uhh! Free money!

dnkfYdV.png1tOPqcA.png

Eh. He doesn't seem too throughoutly traumatized, but I'm no psychologist.

Let's just say Orlo doesn't do that stuff, much unlike real life villains. I love him as a villain, but if he does... that, I'd feel bad about it, and I don't wanna feel bad.

qqIYRSx.png

So let's take our gold and forget that Lot lookalike exists.

pFRmLha.pngE9Pf8p3.pngyNsWCeQ.png7QtdA7W.png

Dancing, healing, shenanigans. Treck broke formation after the Archer went for Lot, unplugging the hole. Besides, I want him to be ready to run away if Tate's Idiot Squad creeps too close to our position.

Other than that, we're just moving at more or less random. I don't really know what to do with most of my army. Klein'll be running ahead at full speed, since there aren't many enemies left to threaten him. Maybe by some miracle, we'll be able to save Tate's pegasi.

zJfCMjQ.png

Oh, no, not this...

SWKhmNj.pngsbfemq9.pngCacYlAC.png

Believe me, I wish she would drop her weapons. She's fight back better unarmed than with her starting inventory.

zXBRmgs.png

Here's Echidna. She's a very unique character with stinky supports. But it's okay, she's a rare case in that she doesn't need supports to be a good, memorable character.

She also doesn't have the con to wield axes.

H3NEAEM.pngOh2dh3x.png

That's a yellow house, by the way. Forget about this guy ratting Echidna out, he doesn't have goodies to give to me! The foul wretch!

Mn8b1rx.pngc4Tn32g.pngUw3NX94.png

Echidna's too much of a badass to blame him, though. Besides, it's not a problem. She's Echidna!

It's not a problem plot-wise. In the gameplay, she needs to be restrained inmediately. And I do mean inmediately.

yu1OtNt.png

I wouldn't count on it. He doesn't look like the sort to leave loose ends.

117fd39.png

Bwahahah. What a great line. She's certainly making good use of her limited screentime, before she stops being relevant to the plot because FE6

yCo3CKm.pngb8wM17T.png

If you can!

...wait, they can, very well! No, staph!

As it turns out, moving Klein ahead was even more useful than I imagined it would be. They'll surely go after him instead of her.

SD6pS3r.png

Oh, never mind. Well, guess Sue's just not going to promote any time soon.

eFPJcyw.pngCiSeEM7.png

Oh my God, he got doubled. He couldn't even serve as a proper distraction. What a joke.

ZNrNdmY.png0C7JjXa.png

With the path opened, the axemen decide to go after Astolfo.

J3aLqRy.png

Grave mistake.

HVw63KY.png

God damnit... I'll try to save them, but in all honesty, I don't think I will.

UZhwWVf.png

See, that's the big problem with Echidna I was talking about. 14 damage. That means a 3HKO. And there are three fighters.

Yep, you're reading that right. If you don't haul ass, Echidna risks dying the very turn she appears on the map.

3msRvuK.pngb7GM9d2.png

Thankfully, though, the brave sacrifice of Klein's Archer and Astolfo ensured she would live.

m3aB5nE.png

No, seriously, her starting kit screws her over so much... I'll delve deeper into it when I show her stats.

3Se6Jou.png0y2wgaQ.png

Right now! Before I speak about her actual stats, let's take a look at her inventory. No, the help bubble isn't hiding anything. She only has a steel axe. No means of healing, no ranged options, no nothing. Just a shitty, inaccurate weapon that tanks her speed all the way down to 12. Coupled with her low defense, that means Dorothy levels of survivability. Except Dorothy can attack at range, that's her whole schtick. Think about it.

This all means that, as an NPC, she can't hit anything (as seen when she failed to hit a guy for a little under half of his health), and most importantly, she can't dodge anything. Even crappy Fighters had a 40% chance on her.

Anyway, rant over, let's look at her as a unit. She's better than Bartre, and a quite decent unit on her own. Her strength isn't good (and recruiting her means no energy ring until Ilia, if at all), her defenses are questionable and her con makes her high axe rank completely counterproductive (she gets weighted down by iron axes. C'mon.), but she's very speedy (tied with Lot for the speediest member of the team at the moment!) and having a ton of skill in this game is quite useful. Just, don't get too carried away. She's a great support unit, but she definitelly has no frontlining potential.

I'll be using her for the time being, that's for sure. I don't have a single dedicated sword fighter. I could make her use axes, sure, but she's severely outclassed in that department.

z34y9B6.png

So let's-- oh, come on! Dance for yourself or something, Lalum!

mQvukuF.png

Sigh... I'll worry about that when the time comes to worry. For now, let's visit a village.

TLCShsI.pngSvw4ZT1.png

Now that's edgy.

4kiuf4a.pnge61xxap.png

Neat. I don't know who'll be getting this, but it definitelly will be somebody.

Fhzi7bE.pngvHZXOjw.pngB5MeuPp.png

After that, only death remains to be brought down upon these unsuspecting Fighters.

6JJvn8E.png

Nice! That's very nice! Good work, you ugly, ugly man.

HgRokpg.png

Astolfo keeps on making himself useful.

EkSFfy9.png

Geese--

WZfFVpJ.png

...is still not as bad as Barth. Not as bad as Barth... just keep repeating that, and you won't lose hope, Ruben... not as bad as Barth...

HsV23hi.pngGjMURFS.png

Jeez, even Klein did better than him. Step up your game this instant, Geese, or I'll be forced to bench you. And I don't want to bench you. I need to use you, to balance out the fact that I'm going to use everyone's beloved Echidna.

s1SgTky.png

And Saul. Saul's not the hero we deserve, nor the hero we need or want, and certainly not a hero, but... uh... he's...

...he's blue?

vIHc0in.png

Look, a distraction! This just in, short bow being used to kill people.

XaTMuGl.png

We've the most skilled team in town. And nothing else. Aurgh...

fIgL7Xy.png

C'mon, Lilina, cheer me up!

PqZfdur.png

Aha, speed.

I mean, speed's the best stat, isn't it?

...aiii...

i6DJtvP.png

Why does Lalum have Mickey Mouse's ears?

QENC9rR.pngKHMyMYR.pngJjbBybr.png

Echidna's safe. That's all that matters at this point.

7HQ6LEt.pnge3Gvy2P.png

Orlo's starting to grow impatient.

Q4YOYdi.pngUJiYGO7.pngXlcwOeA.pngHrJ0gDP.png

Oh, no, he's starting to stray into generic territory... noooo! Don't do that! I want to keep loving to hate you! If you become generic, I'll only be able to hate you!

0mUbXtr.png

Ah, the famous missive. What does it say this time?

C62DGIK.pngvfJV3up.pnghXcwZ3M.pngM5biIJX.png

Whoa. That's a lot of charges.

E1LesBS.pngDGwdhAx.png

Okay, he's back to his usual clever self. I was worried for a minute there.

2XgwMNx.pngjMsTMXt.png

Bwahahah... it begs repeating, I love this guy.

ddbytbS.pnglU988pW.png

Now, the million dollar question: will this guy freak out and throw a temper tantrum over being sent help?

PsmiI1C.pngmZVXdZF.png

Nope! Instead, he spouts yet another great line. Ten out of ten.

JmaSDKH.png

Although, I've just realised, this does create a plothole, doesn't it? If Arcardo's reinforcements are supposed to "arrive shortly", then what's Klein doing here? Was he just out for a walk and happened to stumble upon us?

And before you even think it, no, his dialogue with Tate didn't reveal anything. It was exactly the same as it was in route B, I checked.

hFr83Gp.png

Oh, those little caves function the same way as forts? Good to know. I'll keep it in mind.

xZCaIWF.png

Wade's attacked, and that's the extent of the combat we face this turn. Orlo's starting forces are starting to crumble down. Although, he does have reinforcements on their way here...

ESLJ1yw.png

Oh, no, I can't believe it!

0SQ9NM3.png

She did it again! She attacked an Archer with a javelin again! What's wrong with these ladies!?

EIUChZH.pnghyIKriB.png

Holy crap, this guy's a trooper.

HsFrDWm.png

I suppose I should be happy about him dying, but... after seeing him being more competent than any other unnamed greenie we've seen thus far, I was kinda hoping he'd get to live.

Alas, life isn't fair.

ab1L97w.png

Echidna! I mean, I knew she'd do this, and I only let her because there was virtually no way she'd get herself into an unsalvageable situation, but that doesn't make it any less annoying.

Now, since these pegasi are too dumb for their own good, how about we put them out of their misery?

v2TYoLZ.png

And what better man to do it than the man they trusted?

Orlo said it best:

jMsTMXt.png

M0wl2Wc.png

Before you yell at me, recruiting Echidna isn't prioritary at this point. I can afford letting her stay green for a few more turns, so long as I make somebody pin her down so she can't try to stab Orlo or something stupid like that.

jT0uuym.png

Lalum got HP! I'm so very proud of her.

HpkEHfH.pngF81ub2i.png

Saul! I know you need luck, but you also need defense and magic!

YBmuYmf.png

Regardless, let's get Klein out of there. The peggies may suck ass, but there are a lot of them, and Klein's defense is horrible.

kal48Vt.png

Same goes for Echidna.

snYKm2h.pngiX1UMrQ.pngEQQCiA4.png

Lalum isn't available, so Echidna will stay in Lot's pocket for a while longer. Other than that, we'll just lay low until the reinforcements arrive.

tE8hlcC.png

Which is to say, now! No, that's not it. I just happened to take a screencap just before the other half of the reinforcements appeared on the map. You'll have to take my word for it: there are more Cavaliers than this.

Lbk3HqC.png

Ah! Ah! Ah! Longbow! What if she gets doubled!?!

iNk4Fwy.png

Oh my goodness, that was scary. Eh. The longbow dies again. It served us well. Again.

5wM0BI9.png

Hey, at least she attacked at melee range this time. That's something.

e39M8ec.png

Astolfo takes an arrow to the knee. I sure hope not the good one.

UyTXkRm.png

See? I told you there were more.

C3SyIlQ.png

I don't understand Tate in this route. What the hell is she doing?

UbOI3pR.png

Now is not the time to think about Tate, though. Marcus has leveled up! Everyone... get hyped!

rq716ux.png

YES! HE'S STILL GOT IT! MARCUS SHALL STILL BE ON THE TEAM AFTER WE LEAVE THE ISLES! HE'S THE GREATEST OIFEY! BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAH! YES! YEEES! I'M SO HAPPY!

rq716ux.png

No, seriously, let's see this again. Let's go over this Marcus in detail. On average, Marcus reaches 39 HP at level 13 and 10 res at level 11 (not that impressive, but great nonetheless), 11 strength at level 9 (par for the course, but remember he's had that strength for a long time now), 11 defense at level 15 (wow), and, I've no words to describe how absurdly great this is, he never reaches 16 speed! Never! He just never gets there on average!

The only stats in which he's fallen behind are skill and luck, which are still at base values. How convenient that his skill and luck bases are actually quite good, as opposed to his other bases which are bad and supposed to drag him down eventually.

Oh my fucking God. Blistering barnacles. Shit!

I need to see it again.

rq716ux.png

Holy crap. This guy's going to the endgame if he keeps this pace.

Okay, one more time and I move on.

rq716ux.png

...my most sincere apologies, but I just can't move on. I reckon I'll need a few days to recover from this. I'm sorry. It's just... ah. Magnificent. I've seen the light, and it has left me scarred.

The universe... is finally paying me back for the disaster that was Pretzel.

Justice does exist.

Life's great sometimes.

Farewell, everyone.

tH5FD2k.pngtH5FD2k.pngtH5FD2k.pngtH5FD2k.pngtH5FD2k.pngtH5FD2k.pngtH5FD2k.pngtH5FD2k.pngtH5FD2k.pngtH5FD2k.pngtH5FD2k.pngtH5FD2k.pngtH5FD2k.pngtH5FD2k.pngtH5FD2k.pngtH5FD2k.pngtH5FD2k.pngtH5FD2k.pngtH5FD2k.pngtH5FD2k.pngtH5FD2k.pngtH5FD2k.pngtH5FD2k.pngtH5FD2k.png

Wolt
                        Deke
                        Lugh

Rutger
                        Noah
                        Clarine
                        Lance
                        Jerrot

Fir
                        Wendy
                        Og
ier
                        Treck
                        Barth

Bartre

Elen

*Discharged

*Only dead in route B

*Only dead in route A

C3SyIlQ.png

I don't understand Tate in this route. What the hell is she doing?

It seems like she's sitting on her pegasus face-palming at the stupidity of the other pegasus knights. What pegasus knight charges at an archer anyway isn't "pegasus knights are weak to archers" a common theme in supports so shouldn't they all know this by now.

If only there was one more guiding ring in the game...

I mean, there is one, but Raigh's gonna take it.

Well that's unsurprising.

He's a time traveler, then?

More like he can see other timelines.

Like Shulk and his visions. Or Raven, if you know who I'm on about.

Does anybody feel like Alm looks oddly similar to modern Tomas?

KztUiLC.pngjNKNOyB.png

Same colours, same facial expression, similar-ish hairdo... only thing is, Alm is the protagonist while Tomas is the best.

I kind of get it.

Could Tomas rock the dong armour though?

GdJfFRL.png

Traintreck

How do I delete this?

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/216/380/023.jpg

FUCK, I knew that wasn't right! Actually, it's spelt correctly... in spanish. Yeah. We call it the URSS. "Union de Republicas Socialistas Sovieticas", as opposed to USSR, "Union of Soviet Socialist Republics".

Huh. Fine, you're forgiven.

Even if there's nothing to forgive.

But he's a monster! He didn't bring Zelot and co. with him, making chapter 7 even worse of a living hell! If that's not monstrous, I don't know what is.

He's an incompetent. You need a villain more like the guy from Aristocats.

It's mentioned in his supports that he wasn't born in Pherae. Since it's never established what his true homeland is, I just pulled out of my ass that it's Etruria. He's sophisticated enough for it.

Alright, didn't know.

Because he and Allan are generic as all get out to me.

Why is Klein always your biggest concern? He's not so great! 13 speed means even Roy could take a hit from him if necessary.

It's that White Gem, man!

Boy is rich, I'd use Igrene over him if we're on about stats.

CMrJfKp.png

"How in the world is a mere dancer richer than I, heir to one of Lycia's most important houses!? What is it that you're not telling us?"

"Er... uh... I-I... my dad's definitelly not Great General Douglas of Etruria, a-a-a-and a man called Elphin is totally not Prince Myrddin!"

"..."

Had a snigger at this.

6Ig2UJZ.png

That's really edgy. Also, why is Orlo's face still hovering over the text box? He certainly doesn't look like a ghost. He's too fat for that.

Never seen Casper I take it?

Here's today's team. For some reason, the game keeps trying to make me deploy Merlinus. Even the game itself wants Merlinus to die.

SO DO I. BUT HE. JUST. WON'T.

Good, good! No pointless waiting! Commending the soldiers to keep the morale up! Being a smug bastard about it all! I can't be the only one who sees how great this guy is... why can't all one-offs be as great as this one-off?!

Once again, Thracia is your friend.

AtkiL1z.pngwF5TB0m.png

I at first thought this made no sense.

Like Orlo was preaching at them and boring them to sleep.

OwsRWav.png

The man himself is considerably less of a pain to take down than Nord, since he can't heal out of hitting people over the head with a book.

Gee, the more I look into him, the more I like this guy. Can I not kill him?

Those are pretty concerning stats.

Thankfully light magic sucks here.

And because I have to keep it alive (because apparently he is quite willing to burn everything down):

5a8f5b5e0edcc_Whatisthisshit.png.da686d4b28a4f014a7578fdeb16bdb21.png

No, I'm not out of my mind. I'm pretty sure the meta is that going through the breakable wall is a waste of time, but it isn't. Believe me. You shall see.

I get it, though you'd be better off with fliers.

I usually don't because I raise quite a few mounts so they can actually get around pretty quick.

No, seriously, am I just feeling unusually critical or does this scene suck worse than most? It's a myriad of crappy, forced exposition! Minerva knows that, you know that, there's nobody else around! Why did you deem it imperative to inform Minerva that Narcian is a general of Bern?! This is like the time Guinivere was SO SHOCKED that Bern had generals!

Eh, him saying it like that isn't implausible, but reading it makes it feels more forced than it might sound in conversation.

This one does feel more natural, because while they both know about this, it makes sense for her to remind him of it in this context, to figure out how he feels about this very personal matter.

What doesn't make sense, however, is why they would discuss this very personal matter on top of a mountain in the Western Isles. But that can be explained as them being stupid.

They think they're isolated?

Think it's somewhere they can talk?

I don't know, I live in a valley and it's not like I climb up a hill any time I want a serious talk.

oP2qi6s.pngMldnH9m.png

Yeah, but that's no reason to revoke your position.

Hell, Zephiel hates all of humanity equally. He's a misanthrope, not a racist. That's never established as a trait of his. Why would he deny him of the job just because Narcian mentioned he wasn't of Bern, and then gave the title to Narcian because...?

I blame Zephiel for Galle's demotion, not Narcian. Which means this exchange... sort of makes sense, in a warped sense...?

Again, Zephiel is a bad ruler imo.

Which when you consider he wants dragons ruling over dead humans......

L58Ydy7.png

This sprite seems so low quality to me.

Is that just me or my bias for Gonzy talking?

ttgLNaf.pngnah21YB.png

Up north, Treck's attacked by a guy who looks eerily similar to his killer in the other timeline. C'mon, you're given the choice between two guys, one of which must hit you, and you pick the Shaman who knocks off 1/3rd of your health bar?

He also has 14% more chance to hit. Kind of inevitable.

(Barth's dead inside after his shitty performance last chapter)

Pfft of course Mega Bloks man couldn't hold.

...Great Scott, he even has a solid way to cover his back in case people give him crap about his foul deeds.

Why isn't this guy Roartz's right-hand man instead of Arcardo? He's far more cunning than that cowardly simpleton!

Then again, Arcardo's just Roartz's envoy in the Western Isles. A glorified messenger. Orlo, meanwhile, is in charge of the very core of the whole money-making system of the Isles.

That explains everything. God, even his position makes sense! This guy is foolproof!

Orlo: Best throwaway boss in BB?

I think you're right.

Klain's speed of 13 is just too little to double Roy, he can't quite kill him in one silver shot, he can't outcrit his luck, none of his Archer pals can reach Roy from with their measly 5 move, and...

sH52cJ7.png

This time, I ensured Roy wasn't weighted down by his weapon. This is a foolproof, if reckless and painful for our boi, course of action.

*Sigh.

I knew this would happen the moment Clarine died.

Hahahah, what a fuckin' magnificent trolling asshole. Can he be released in Heroes so I can marry him?

No, wait, what am I saying?

I don't play Heroes.

No wonder you've never seen Wendy actually being good.

Course, her art's still the worst.

bbek23p.pnguA7Deea.png

For some reason, in this route, Tate hangs back for a turn while her idiotic friends charge ahead. Oh, the irony... they were worried the Etrurians would send them in as cannon fodder, but little did they know, it would be Tate herself that would do that!

THAT sounds weird.

I can't think of that happening before.

Which screws you over more.

v88uxMf.png

Are you serious? These guys will freeze when under attack, but when they're perfectly safe, they'll gleefully rush towards their deaths. Klein, why are your subordinates so stupid?

"Charge! Right past Orlo!"

Their dominant philosophy.

Here's Echidna. She's a very unique character with stinky supports. But it's okay, she's a rare case in that she doesn't need supports to be a good, memorable character.

She also doesn't have the con to wield axes.

It kind of socks to be her.

Lest she has good enough speed that it can be eaten into somewhat.

Mn8b1rx.pngc4Tn32g.pngUw3NX94.png

Echidna's too much of a badass to blame him, though. Besides, it's not a problem. She's Echidna!

It's not a problem plot-wise. In the gameplay, she needs to be restrained inmediately. And I do mean inmediately.

Just imagine this playing as her entrance theme as she leaves.

Maybe she'd be even better. Or bring more than a steel axe.

3Se6Jou.png0y2wgaQ.png

Right now! Before I speak about her actual stats, let's take a look at her inventory. No, the help bubble isn't hiding anything. She only has a steel axe. No means of healing, no ranged options, no nothing. Just a shitty, inaccurate weapon that tanks her speed all the way down to 12. Coupled with her low defense, that means Dorothy levels of survivability. Except Dorothy can attack at range, that's her whole schtick. Think about it.

This all means that, as an NPC, she can't hit anything (as seen when she failed to hit a guy for a little under half of his health), and most importantly, she can't dodge anything. Even crappy Fighters had a 40% chance on her.

Anyway, rant over, let's look at her as a unit. She's better than Bartre, and a quite decent unit on her own. Her strength isn't good (and recruiting her means no energy ring until Ilia, if at all), her defenses are questionable and her con makes her high axe rank completely counterproductive (she gets weighted down by iron axes. C'mon.), but she's very speedy (tied with Lot for the speediest member of the team at the moment!) and having a ton of skill in this game is quite useful. Just, don't get too carried away. She's a great support unit, but she definitelly has no frontlining potential.

We'll see. She has some percentage for strength.

She might be a frontliner just yet.

PqZfdur.png

Aha, speed.

I mean, speed's the best stat, isn't it?

...aiii...

Let's be fair, getting that as a single stat level up is better than anything else for her.

i6DJtvP.png

Why does Lalum have Mickey Mouse's ears?

Those are buns in her hair.

Like she tried to get hair like Leia's.

2XgwMNx.pngjMsTMXt.png

Bwahahah... it begs repeating, I love this guy.

Orlo: Actual monster.

I wish he gets unique art in a remake.

JmaSDKH.png

Although, I've just realised, this does create a plothole, doesn't it? If Arcardo's reinforcements are supposed to "arrive shortly", then what's Klein doing here? Was he just out for a walk and happened to stumble upon us?

Klein might be considered and initial attache?

rq716ux.png

YES! HE'S STILL GOT IT! MARCUS SHALL STILL BE ON THE TEAM AFTER WE LEAVE THE ISLES! HE'S THE GREATEST OIFEY! BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAH! YES! YEEES! I'M SO HAPPY!

Meanwhile, I get this when I actually bother using Marcus in BS (HHM):

5a8f529420ede_FireEmblem_01.png.590a4e40d075872e86408d3243a0dcc3.png

Your eyes do not deceive you: your actual Jeigan is looking to outdo a supposed Oifey, his younger self at that. The defences are actually above average, but he got speed once in 12 levels. I couldn't use him in endgame.

The Sain I raised had double his speed, and was at 20 by level 20. Marcus looked even more pathetic in comparison.

tH5FD2k.png

I've never seen Marcus so happy. So stealing this.

Next time, we get to see Orlo die maybe?

On 19/2/2018 at 8:31 PM, Saint Rubenio said:

U0DO5CM.png

Yes. Spectacular. You amaze me, Ruben.

Seriously, i'm running out of things to say whenever a character dies, and we're not even halfway through the damn game.

At this rate we are going to have no healers left!

E0p6zzU.png

Oh, that's it. That was the last enemy you had any chance against. You're going right back to the bench where you belong.

And so ends Barth's (rather brief, thankfully) time on the party. If he does't die before the chapter ends, that is.

Geese'll take on the enemy for experience and revenge. Mostly experience.

Yeah!

gfjahrg.pngD99AThP.png

In hindsight, maybe this wasn't such a great idea.

No!

78jHtAC.png

(Angelic latin chanting)

5 hours ago, Saint Rubenio said:

6AtMkdj.png

Look, it's Orlo, the guy with two recolors

In the translation I played, he's called Oro instead. As if this game needed more ill-fitting spanish names.

why can't all one-offs be as great as this one-off?!

Because then IS would have to put some effort into writing something that isn't supports.

...wait, didn't I say the same about Barst in the last LP and then completely forgot about him...?

Who?

Of course, I still haven't gotten over that time I thought that and then a fucking Horseman destroyed the village out of nowhere, but I don't see any Horsemen in the vicinity.

Dude, you badly need a psychologist.