Whos Playing as of 12/22/2017?

ScotchTapeMafia

Hello everyone!

I was just wondering how many still prefer Fates over Echoes, or how many of you at least play Fates on a regular basis. I used to be an avid player- but not once have I had an active friends list on my 3ds (i have one registered friend), let alone a decent group of people actively visiting my castle and exchanging recources with me on Fates in particular. Keep in mind having people on your friends list allows you to see them separately from other fates players by choosing to visit their castle via friends list. I will give my friend code as well as my castle address. (Maybe you only need my friend code) After you add me, feel free to post yours here so everyone else on this post can exchange info! 

Friend Code (add this and see if it puts my castle in your friends tab):

3025-0593-7620

If that doesnt allow you to see my castle for some reason, heres my castle address:

09990-39058-67245-10383

It would also be nice if we could try to create as many bond units as possible. Also, i started a new conquest save and im on ch. 8. However, im no newbie at FE. Feel free to add!

Edited by ScotchTape

I personally prefer Echoes overall compared to Fates, but Fates is still really fun, and is currently my most played 3DS game at like, 536 hours or something. I'm still playing it, even doing a PMU right now please grant me more units seriously I would like to start it before break ends at least.

also weeeee reminding me to add my fates castle address and 3ds FC back to my signature

Also, we already have a Castle and Friend Code sharing thread which is pinned near the top of the Fates subforum. Direct link here. It's pretty inactive, but it exists.

I have not played Fates since Echoes came out.  I played all three right in a row when they first released, and played regularly for I want to say 3-4 months thereafter.  I will probably go back to them eventually, but they are still young.  I often go a few years in between playthroughs of the older titles.

4 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I have not played Fates since Echoes came out.  I played all three right in a row when they first released, and played regularly for I want to say 3-4 months thereafter.  I will probably go back to them eventually, but they are still young.  I often go a few years in between playthroughs of the older titles.

Do you remember regularly visiting someones castle named Drew? I usually named my castle “Anor Londo” kinda weird im running into a Rezzy out of everyone here

I may have, sorry, it's been a while, but Drew does sound familiar.  I don't think Rezzy is too common, so it could have been me.

My castle info might still be on my profile page, if it matches up.

Edited by Rezzy

Still playing, doing a playthrough at the moment.

Ultimately it's the gameplay that keeps me coming back to FE so I'm quite certain that I'll be revisiting Fates more than the other 3DS games as the years go by (and certainly more than Echoes, which seems to have rather poor replay value to me, by Fire Emblem's lofty standards).

I greatly prefer Fates over Echoes, I have 605 hours clocked in in Fates compared to the 53  hours in Echoes. I still play the game here and there, a couple weeks ago I completed Conquest on hard for the first time. That experience was my favorite playthrough of any Fire emblem game. I still plan to complete all the routes on Lunatic some time in the future. 

I would say that both Fates and Echoes are my favorite Fire Emblem games though that might be because besides Heroes and Warriors, I have only played Fates, Echoes and Awakening.

But if I had to pick one of them...I don't know...Fates I guess? I played a lot of Echoes last summer but once autumn came around I found myself playing Fates again. Fates gameplay and my castle features are addicting and Fates was the first FE I played so I might hold personal bias for it despite what people on the internet say about it.

I'll probably keep playing Fates every now and again until Nintendo decides to take down the online servers for 3DS.

1 hour ago, NSSKG151 said:

I'll probably keep playing Fates every now and again until Nintendo decides to take down the online servers for 3DS.

I still remember the absolute horror i felt when they took down original DS servers. I could no longer communicate online via Gen 4 Pokemon games. The horror would be 10x if they do it to 3ds and fates soon. Thanks for the nightmares, NSSKG

ALSO lets not forget the main point of this thread: If youre active on fates and are looking for bond units or just some active friends, paste your Friend Code here!

I've recently gotten back to playing Fates after finally being able to "modify" my older 3DS so I can play around with skills and classes and pairings and such. I'll probably get around to Echoes too eventually, but I don't expect I'll be spending as much time there as I will in Fates. It's a great game, but it just doesn't have the level of replayability that Fates does.

Hello, im playing fire emblem fates ~ done a few saves doing my finale perfect stat etc run now ^^, never had a bond unit but im willing to try it !?

My avatar is the generic (F) Corrin though ?

Castle Name : Easy Skills

Castle Code (Revelations) : 16765-80355-13453-43682

Region: EU (UK)

4 hours ago, Kurrin said:

I've recently gotten back to playing Fates after finally being able to "modify" my older 3DS so I can play around with skills and classes and pairings and such.

Man, I've been wanting to do that sort of stuff, but couldn't because I'm stuck with an old 3DS XL on the crummy 11.5 update.  I mean, it might work now, but I've just sorta dropped it a while back.  I might try to do so again someday... there are some Fates hacks I want to try, among other things.

Spoiler

I need to make Soleil the lesbian she was always meant to be.  And to officially ship Leo and Niles because damn if this downtrodden bisexual man doesn't fall in love with the man who essentially saved him from a life of petty thievery.

Bless you, based UnassumingVenusuar, for making my Nina-esque dreams possible ヽRGaYS2c.png

Spoiler

Though I can't believe she's actually recently made

Oboro x Camilla

an actual thing.  Oboro and Camilla... C-S conversations... the whole deal.

What madness!

I say that having never seen them, but I know it's a thing because of the changelog.

Though there's also a much needed hack that lets Flora join earlier.  I'd wanna get that as well.

Anyway, Fates is pretty much the only 3DS FE I've been playing consistently.  I enjoyed both Awakening and Echoes very much, but Fates' gameplay just feels so refined by comparison.  Plus, it contains my favorite pineapple memelord and the best racist fashionista.  And if I decide to get my hands on a Lucy amiibo, then it'll have one of my faves from Awakening in it as well.

Yo @ScotchTape, you should probably let us know what region you're in, as you can't visit a castle of someone from a different region last I checked(likely to cover up the fact that there are two versions of Lucina and Marth and a version of Minerva in Japanese versions, the jerks), so anyone from another region trying to access your castle may run into difficulties.

As for myself, I do dabble in Fates when I get time between games. Right now I'm enjoying FEW, so it may be a bit before you guys see me again, but I'm down to help others craft some Bond Units if they want as I've only got three right now and need to keep trying until I get one with the Hooded Man portrait.

I have two accounts, both of which are US-based. I'll need to go back and try to find the alternate one, but my main account's Castle Code should be 01843-83368-04538-97381, Avatar name ought to be Solaris and Castle name ought to be Knighte. Alternatively, I can be friended with the Friend List at 4098-4068-6235, name is Adam, please either tag me in here or PM me if you decide to add me so I know what FC to input.

@SoulWeaver Ah thanks for reminding me about that! Yeah, I used to play constantly, stopped for like 6 months, and am currently starting completely fresh. Took me about a whole day to remember some very important things like: You can visit the same persons castle an infinite amount of times in a single day as long as you visit 30 other castles in between each visit. 

Also, im US based. Thanks so much to @Umbers for providing everything I asked for! i just completely aired-out and forgot the significance of region /: sucks we cant play together man

Oh, and Im adding your FC right now @SoulWeaver. Im not sure if you need to “accept” my req or if you just get instantly added to my friends list, we’ll see i guess

It says “Make sure your friend also adds your FC.” Mine should be in the OP

Once you add me we should be able to see eachother in the friends tab under “visit castles” in-game

Oh, and ive seen people online with generic units that have the hooded man portrait. However, these units also had the sprite/combat/map view model to go with it. Is that part hacked or do hooded-bond units actually have the sprite too?

I lost my fates cart around 3 monts ago, So I can't play it. If I still had it, I would play it more than echoes. Echoes has a vastly better plot. But fates is more replayable (I generaly skip all repeted plot after the first or second playthrough anyway)

Edited by sirmola

4 hours ago, ScotchTape said:

Ah thanks for reminding me about that! Yeah, I used to play constantly, stopped for like 6 months, and am currently starting completely fresh. Took me about a whole day to remember some very important things like: You can visit the same persons castle an infinite amount of times in a single day as long as you visit 30 other castles in between each visit. 

Also, im US based. Thanks so much to @Umbers for providing everything I asked for! i just completely aired-out and forgot the significance of region /: sucks we cant play together man

Oh, and Im adding your FC right now . Im not sure if you need to “accept” my req or if you just get instantly added to my friends list, we’ll see i guess

Awww damn well if anyone else is UK/EU based give me a shout!

Ugg rip me never having bond units aha ;3

14 hours ago, ScotchTape said:

Oh, and ive seen people online with generic units that have the hooded man portrait. However, these units also had the sprite/combat/map view model to go with it. Is that part hacked or do hooded-bond units actually have the sprite too?

It would make sense for Bond Units with the Hooded Man portrait to also have the sprite as well, but I've never seen one myself so it's speculation on my part.

I'll try to add you today if I can, but I might not be able to until as late as Thursday.

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

It would make sense for Bond Units with the Hooded Man portrait to also have the sprite as well, but I've never seen one myself so it's speculation on my part.

I'll try to add you today if I can, but I might not be able to until as late as Thursday.

Well I hope so, that would be extremely cool ?

Oh, and i can see you under visit castle>friends and have already visited you btw! And np, bond at your convenience

Found my alternate account's Castle Code. It should be 09468-95779-39591-55644, name of Lunaris and Castle name Sentinelia, but it's probably going to be quite a while before I can return any visits on that account as the 2DS I had it connected to currently suffers from a broken LCD and I need to find out how to either fix it or find some cables that let me see the stuff on another screen so I can successfully System Transfer to a working system.

I'm still playing as well. I'm currently setting up one Skill castle for each path. Currently working on Birthright. If you guys want, feel free to visit, but there aren't any skills as of yet (though seeing as I have the next two weeks off, this might chance quickly, so be sure to check back #shamelessplug). My address is in my signature, though the details are old (I accidentally deleted my save file.)

As for why I'm still playing Fates, well... even though the story might not be my cup of tea and I don't really like most of its protagonists, it's still a fun game and very, very replayable, probably even more so than Awakening and definitely more so than Echoes, to be sure.

17 hours ago, DragonFlames said:

As for why I'm still playing Fates, well... even though the story might not be my cup of tea and I don't really like most of its protagonists, it's still a fun game and very, very replayable, probably even more so than Awakening and definitely more so than Echoes, to be sure.

Wow, im getting a lot of people commenting on the lack of replay value of echoes. Another reason i shall not buy

At first i didnt buy it because, being a remake, i figured they might purposefully leave out many newer features like waifu wars and mycastle. Lack of custom avatar as well. I like the feeling of accomplishing something as myself. When i beat the game on lunatic, i want to hear “Drew saved the world!” and not “Alm saved the world!” Like bitch, Alm isnt the one behind the DS working that strategy magic. Its also fun online seeing different avatar personalities/looks. I could imagine echoes multiplayer just looking like 2 identical MUs fighting against eachother all the time. Theres no sense of “im playing against someone with a different personality and way of playing the game. This person probably chose a different boon/bane than me. Lets see who does it better” 

Edited by ScotchTapeMafia

8 hours ago, ScotchTapeMafia said:

I could imagine echoes multiplayer just looking like 2 identical MUs fighting against eachother all the time.

Well, you'd be wrong...

because there's absolutely no multiplayer in Echoes.  None aside from this hint-system where if you Streetpass with someone, some treasure will appear on the world map for you to collect.  Or I think that's how it works; I never did this when I played Echoes.  But it's something to that effect.

Echoes' problem with replayability does stem from a lack of MU and marriage options, sure, but it's also lacking flexible reclass options.  Only villagers and those who are somewhere within the mercenary class line can eventually change to any other class available to them through normal means; everyone else needs to use one of three Villager Forks that are made available through free DLC.  And those options are severely limited by gender; males can only be mercs, cavs, knights, mages, and archers, and females can only be cavs, mages, clerics, and pegasus knights.  Also, you only get about 10-15 units for each party.