Level exchange-Gameplay Mechanic

LucarioGamer812

I was just playing Sacred Stones and while I was playing my mind drifted over to Ragefest (Link to the guy who does it) https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFj3iwNV5w1wFxNBYjQPsig and how interesting the scripting and altering of game mechanics can get. (Examples: chests that cause events when opened, using npc's as shields, etc) So it came into my mind about units transferring levels and experience.

Thinking about it as so, imagine a unit with 90 exp and another with 10 exp, you could transfer either or to get the other to level up. The unit that gives the exp keeps their level but their exp is set at 0 (in this scenario)

The example with level exchange is imagine a unit that is level 20 and can no longer gain exp, now you also have a unit that is level 12, you could transfer 2 levels from the level 20 unit, making them level 18 and able to gain two more level ups, and then the other unit that was level 12 is now level 14. To balance this out you obviously couldn't transfer the levels back to the unit once they reach 20 again

I feel like this would be an interesting mechanic to implement if so. Now the question is, is it possible? I'm no romhacker or someone who has any experience with coding and the like, so I'm just asking people who have experience is it possible and if so would it make an interesting mechanic in a Fire Emblem game? Or is it impossible/too hard/too impractical to do?

Possible: Yes

Interesting: I don't think it is. Transferring EXP just means you can dump more levels into your favorite unit, and thusly trivialize the game if it is designed normally (ie such that you cap level). If you designed such that abusing this mechanic in this way was required to win, then it would create an involved tactical challenge that could definitely qualify as interesting.