Fire Emblem 4: Genealogy of the Holy War Easy Mode (Gaien Patch)

Gaien

Have you or a friend of yours wanted to play Genealogy of the Holy War but thought it was too difficult compared to the western games? The point of this patch is to make FE4 easy so you can enjoy the story without much in your way. For those who played FE4 already, this could just be a fun run through the game. Nothing about the story is changed, so it will still be the same throughout.

Link: (snip)

Please notify me if there are any bugs, glitches or anything that needs fixing.

Changes:

• MAJOR growth rate increase (Some characters may have +2 when leveling up)
  • Everyone has holy blood (Some who do have holy blood have other holy blood or even major holy blood)
  • More units are promoted like Sigurd and Quan (Ethlin, Dew, and Edain are promoted)
  • Heroes can now use axes (but the weapon doesn't show up in battle)
  • Marriages are pretty much forced now with massive increase love growths with curtain units, (Lex and Ayra; Raquesis and Beowolf; Edain and Midayle; Jamke and Bridgid; Sylvia and Claud; and Lewyn and Erin) though Lewyn and Erin have the same love growth due to a conversation after Lewyn gets Forseti that makes them instant lovers.
  • Sigurd starts out with the Paragon Ring and 5 Leadership stars (There is a weird glitch where if you reset the game, Sigurd goes back to 2. The way I found to prevent this is save states)
  • Some holy weapons has changed stats (Naga gives +20 to all stats except str and Mjolnir got nerfed to half of original bonuses due to it being used against you)
  • If you can get the Pursuit ring in chapter, you will receive a great reward: +5 to all stats except luck and hp; +3 to move; and gain the skills of Thief, Prayer, Paragon, Recover, Bargain, Return, Pursuit, and Knight/Canto
Edited by eclipse
Removed ROM link

50 minutes ago, allpukimaster said:

Hey i found a bug i wanted to pair arden and talitu so after skipping some turns talitu became lovers with azel despite them never being adjacent at all great hack btw

Didn't he note that he boosted certain units' love growths? It might be that.

Some of these changes seem a little weird to me such as:

"If you can get the Pursuit ring in chapter, you will receive a great reward: +5 to all stats except luck and hp; +3 to move; and gain the skills of Thief, Prayer, Paragon, Recover, Bargain, Return, Pursuit, and Knight/Canto"

Along with the other changes, would this not make the game way too easy? I think this might be too easy for even a newcomer to the series with all these changes that benefit the player. The massive buffs are not greatly needed when the game already has a save system.

Other than that though, I think the concept of an easy mode for this game is interesting, just don't make it too easy.

• 2 weeks later...

Is Genealogy really such a hard game? Definitely one of the least frustrating due to its save system and I found throwing Forsetti or Sigurd at most of my problems a fair solution. (Or any of the more OP units second generation)

I feel if your idea is to make FE4 more welcoming to western FE players, you should try and use some its core philosophies found in post FE7 and balance what you buff with nerfs. For example, you could nerf the holy weapons to make them more like the GBA titles, where they only give slight buffs instead of bloody insane ones. Just an idea, I personally think there is enjoyment to be had out of FE4's gameplay, not just the story.

Edited by DietCocaine

• 3 years later...
  • 1 year later...