I beat Breath of the Wild!

Anacybele

20 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

When I beat the game, it said the Destroy Ganon quest was completed, but when I booted up my file again, it wasn't marked as complete even though I loaded the save with the star that shows you did beat him.

Because the game puts you back right before the final boss when you beat it. Every Zelda game does this. Actually, a lot of Nintendo games do this as well. Zelda, the Mario RPG games, Xenoblade, Awakening and Fates, i think Kirby. The game still recognizes that you beat the game though, as marked by the star.

1 minute ago, Armagon said:

Because the game puts you back right before the final boss when you beat it. Every Zelda game does this. Actually, a lot of Nintendo games do this as well. Zelda, the Mario RPG games, Xenoblade, Awakening and Fates, i think Kirby. The game still recognizes that you beat the game though, as marked by the star.

Well, okay.

But I still need to know why my completion percentage is constantly at 22.4% when I keep doing more stuff.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

But I still need to know why my completion percentage is constantly at 22.4% when I keep doing more stuff.

Not everything goes to the completion %. The stuff that does increase it are

• Number of Divine Beasts cleared
  • Number of Shrines cleared
  • Number of locations found
  • Number of Korok Seeds count

So sidequests and album completion don't count.

45 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, Lynels are just bitches. And the Yiga aren't that bad to fight when it's just you and one of them, particularly if it's one of the bow Yiga. But they also tend to show up when you're already fighting some other monsters or in the middle of something like taking a photo or trying to catch a horse and that can really fuck you up.

Also, I think something's wrong with my game. When I beat the game, it said the Destroy Ganon quest was completed, but when I booted up my file again, it wasn't marked as complete even though I loaded the save with the star that shows you did beat him. And then I see the percentage of the game that I've completed at the lower left corner of the Hyrule map screen, but that percentage hasn't gone up even though I've completed more shrines and sidequests. And below where it says that percent, I see "Error" listed in red letters. What's going on here?

EDIT: Okay, I figured out that error thing, it's because I was in Death Mountain where it's so hot that the Sheikah Slate can't register the temperature. But this doesn't explain why my progress percentage is not increasing despite me completing more stuff.

The percentage is actually limited to certain things:

• Divine Beasts completed
  • Shrines completed
  • Locations visited (when the name appears on the screen, like "Kakariko Village")
  • Korok Seeds found

For whatever dumb reason, they made each of these worth 0.08% completion each. That means beating the 4 primary dungeons is worth as much completion as finding 4 korok seeds. Since there are 900 seeds in total, they take up a vast majority of it-- 72%. Quests, treasure, armor, towers, memories, and enemies (including the big fat ones like Hinoxes)  don't count towards percentage. Also I hear there's no reward or acknowledgement for getting 100%, so I don't pay attention to it.

The "Error" is specific to certain locations, like the crazy sandstorms in the desert, which basically means you can't use your map. It's an in-game thing, like Link "can't get it to work because of the conditions", but it's not a bug or anything like that.

17 minutes ago, Armagon said:

Not everything goes to the completion %. The stuff that does increase it are

• Number of Divine Beasts cleared
  • Number of Shrines cleared
  • Number of locations found
  • Number of Korok Seeds count

So sidequests and album completion don't count.

3 minutes ago, Johann said:

The percentage is actually limited to certain things:

• Divine Beasts completed
  • Shrines completed
  • Locations visited (when the name appears on the screen, like "Kakariko Village")
  • Korok Seeds found

For whatever dumb reason, they made each of these worth 0.08% completion each. That means beating the 4 primary dungeons is worth as much completion as finding 4 korok seeds. Since there are 900 seeds in total, they take up a vast majority of it-- 72%. Quests, treasure, armor, towers, memories, and enemies (including the big fat ones like Hinoxes)  don't count towards percentage. Also I hear there's no reward or acknowledgement for getting 100%, so I don't pay attention to it.

The "Error" is specific to certain locations, like the crazy sandstorms in the desert, which basically means you can't use your map. It's an in-game thing, like Link "can't get it to work because of the conditions", but it's not a bug or anything like that.

Wow... That is really weird. But I completed a couple more shrines and found a few more seeds and my completion percentage stayed exactly the same.

12 hours ago, Dai said:

.08% Isn't exactly a lot. You'll need to complete about 14 things to get 1%, judging by the calculator, if each is only .08%

I see.

I doubt I'll ever reach 100% then, as I've found some locations where I'm pretty sure I'd get seeds, but I have no idea how to solve the puzzle. I will complete the remaining shrines and some more sidequests and all tho.