Just Got Ultra Sun: Need a New Theme for my Story Team

vanguard333

When I played Pokémon Sun, I decided to name my Rowlet Robin Hoot. That gave me an idea to name the rest of my story team after Robin Hood and his Merry Men. I had the following team:

Rowlet -> Robin Hoot

(Event) Munchlax -> Friar Luck

Lycanroc -> Nymarian (Maid Marian and Nymeria (Arya Stark's dire wolf in GoT))

Wishiwashi -> Wittle Johni

Mimikyu -> Will Blanket

Alolan Marowak -> Alan a-Flare

Solgaleo -> Lionheart

Now, I just got Ultra Sun. Now I need a new theme. I will be using a roughly similar team, though obviously without Munchlax, and with Dusk Form Lycanroc rather than Midday Form. There may be other differences for my story team for Ultra Sun. Any suggestions, as well as who should replace Munchlax?

You could use primarina and go for a phantom of the opera theme. Although I'm guessing are going for rowlet again. In that case, maybe you could go for a Greek mythology theme, like Rowlet could be Artemis or Eros, A-Marowak could be prometheus, and so on i guess. I'm too lazy to keep googling. If you go for Norse mythology, you could have mimikyu as Loki i guess. Oh you could also do a Knights of the round table theme which might be fun too.

Go for a "one Pokémon per generation" run, the rules are that when all of your Pokémon are fully evolved, they must be from different generations. Here's my example.

Gen I: Tentacruel

Gen II: Crobat

Gen IV: Magnezone

Gen V: Vanilluxe

Gen VII: Incineroar

Then I broke the trend when I added Lunala to my team. Starters can be fair game or Gen VII Rep, your choice.

6 hours ago, SlayerX said:

Rowlet could be Artemis or Eros

Well, I'd say Apollo is more fitting than Eros.

Thanks; both of you. My current story team consists of Rowlet, Wingull, and (once I can reconnect my 3ds to my wireless; for some reason, both my 3ds and my sister's 3ds suddenly stopped being able to connect to the router), dusk form Lycanroc. So, I can't really do the one/generation idea (though I do like that one). The Knights of the Round Table one sounds really good (especially as I am a big fan of Arthurian Legend), but I don't know what I would pick for each Pokémon.

My current idea so far has been pun names based on Link or other characters from Legend of Zelda. 

Rowlet -> OoT-OoT (as a pun on the owl noise and the initials for Ocarina of Time)

Wingull -> Aryll (Link's Sister in Wind Waker)

Lycanroc -> Something about Wolf Link from Twilight Princess

But then I don't know what I'll give to Alolan Marowak (assuming I want Alolan Marowak for my story team; do I want 3 ghost types again?) or Mimikyu. Maybe Din's Fire for Alolan Marowak? 

If I get a shiny Solgaleo, I suppose I could call him something along the lines of King of Red Lions (the boat from Wind Waker, and shiny Solgaleo is a red lion). However, that's unlikely.

What do you think?

14 hours ago, SlayerX said:

You could name Alolan Marowak Stallord, after the boss from Twilight princess

That's a great idea. Thanks. My best idea was either Stalkoblin or Stalfos. Stallord is a lot better.

That just leaves Mimikyu... ...The best I can come up with is Zant, as both wear cloth to protect themselves from daylight, but that's still a bit of a stretch. Maybe Nightmare, after the bosses from Link's Awakening? Nah; that doesn't really apply to Mimikyu. Ghastly, sure, but not Mimikyu.