Legandary Hero Fest 2 (Gunnthrá: Voice of Dreams)

Alkaid

This banner only lasts five days? Jeez, that freaking sucks! I'm basically guaranteed to get NOTHING from it! I'm still gonna try, but jeez...

I don't have Ryoma, Bride Charlotte, Spring Chrom or Lucina, so I'll try for them, as well as Gunnthra. I suspect she won't be free.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Priority for me this time seems to be Colorless>Green>Red>Blue

Colorless I have no one from the list and all of them are units I wouldn't mind getting. I'd like Bridal Lyn for her Candlelight, I'd like Elise for another mounted Healer to use alongside my Priscilla, and Innes I just like as a character, so pulling there is complete benefit for me, particularly if I get fodder like Klein from it. Green, I could use Guunthra and I don't have Spring Chrom, but I have Amelia so it's not as high priority. However, since Amelia was -Atk if I were to get her I wouldn't complain at all. Red I don't have any of the three, but I'm ambivalent on all of them aside from Sigurd, so it's not nearly as high a priority since I'd just want one unit out of them. Blue I could use another Spring Lucina for the same reason I could use another Amelia, but unlike with Green the only unit I don't have is Bridal Charlotte, and while I like Charlotte I'm not getting as much out of it since there's only one unit that I want and that one happens to be the only one I don't have between them. 

1 hour ago, Xenomata said:

[...]

...the worst part about this is that the number of orbs I can buy are limited now that Christmas has passed.

When did you have access to unlimited orbs and how? 

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

They are throwing 5 star units around every month with 8%. Well i guess 6star units arent far away, i give them 6 months and then they will introduce 6 Star units...

That would be vicious punch in everybody's groins. 

Edited by mampfoid

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

They are throwing 5 star units around every month with 8%. Well i guess 6star units arent far away, i give them 6 months and then they will introduce 6 Star units...

We already have 6*. It's the weapon refinery.

The only thing an actual 6* rarity would do is piss off players who'd spent a lot of time and resources building up merges on 5* units. There's no reason to think this is any sign of that.

Guntheria looks to be a fast res, tank who loves to debuff. Hopefully she is free, so then I can use her on my horse emblem team, and have her replace Reinhardt.

As for the legendary banner, Ryoma, Fjorm, Gunnthria, Amelia, BB!Lyn, and BB!Charlotte are high priority. Sigurd, B!Roy, Elise, and Innes are medium priority. And the two spring units are low priority.

I saw people predicting that Gunnthra's blessing bonus would be Def, but I'm guessing it's actually Res. Her shield icon is blue while Fjorm's "speed" icon is green, and Heroes often has patterns of red=Atk, green=Spd, yellow=Def, blue=Res. Also Gunnthra herself is all about Res and probably has low Def.

Edited by Othin

I'm not a fan of them dropping this on us when we've got already another banner with limited availability units, one that's lasting half the duration of the usual Seasonal banners. Then again, this could be my "I haven't been getting any luck with this Seasonal banner" salt talking, but it still feels kinda scummy nonetheless.

Regardless, I am still interested in this banner. I got 4.5 new units in the first Legendary banner as well as one good merge and one good inheritance fodder. I may end up making one or two more quick pulls on the Winter banner in hopes of a last chance Focus pull, but I'm not going to get too caught up and very likely will be cutting my losses at this point.

Now on to unit desirability:

Reds:
Brave Roy. It's no surprise seeing him as I figured the other CYL Heroes would get a spot on these at one point or another. I already have him so he's not a priority, but if I got one that isn't -SPD I wouldn't complain.
Sigurd. He's a popular in-game super RES wall and popular in general, for better or for worse reasons, so his spot on here makes sense. There were a lot of good banners at the time of his initial release and his debut banner wasn't a priority, so I'm glad I get another good chance at pulling him.
Ryoma. I'm kind of surprised to see him on here since he was already on a regular Hero Fest banner, but I get another opportunity to get him so whatever.

Blues:
Fjorm. We knew we'd be seeing her again on another Legendary Heroes Banner. I'm fine with the free neutral Fjorm I've got so she's not on my wish list this time around.
Spring Lucina and Bridal Charlotte. I was kind of expecting the Seasonal units on these Legendary Heroes banners to be a select couple per banner, so seeing these two again was an unexpected, but pleasant surprise. Both are Seasonal units that I don't have. Obviously they are high priority.

Colorless:
I'm 0 and 3 for these, so they're going to be my main focus, particularly Bridal Lyn, both due to limited availability and due to bias as well as wanting to add her to my future all Lyn team.

Greens:
Spring Chrom. I've got him already, but pulling one with a better nature would be great for Merging since he doesn't provide much for skill inheritance purposes.
Amelia. I've already got a few good Green Armor units, but she's too good to pass up. *stares intensely at Armor March*
Gunnthra. RES for daaaaays. Also, I've only got one Green Cav (Frederick) and he's not providing much, save for in the Tempest Trials, but that's largely due to the bonus unit stat boost. I'm also really hoping her Speed isn't absolutely garbage like Cecilia, the only other mounted Green Tome user.

14 minutes ago, Othin said:

I saw people predicting that Gunnthra's blessing bonus would be Def, but I'm guessing it's actually Res. Her shield icon is blue while Fjorm's "speed" icon is green, and Heroes often has patterns of red=Atk, green=Spd, yellow=Def, blue=Res. Also Gunnthra herself is all about Res and probably has low Def.

but Fjorm wasnt all about SPD. I mean seriously her SPD isnt somethign you remember ¬.¬

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

but Fjorm wasnt all about SPD. I mean seriously her SPD isnt somethign you remember ¬.¬

Fjorm wasn't all about Spd but she also wasn't all about a stat that wasn't Spd. Gunnthra has two skills that boost her Res and two that work based on her Res.

19 minutes ago, Othin said:

j5T1fmo.jpg 8OFGkiz.jpg

The matching color to other skills does make a little more sense. And with Wind, you typically don't think Def, you think Spd or Res. The icon is confusing, but there probably is a reason for it. But if each affinity always matches to one stat, then I think it is safe to assume Fire=Attack and Earth=Def. We will have to see.

50px-Fortify_Res_3.png 50px-Fortify_Def_3.png Maybe, instead of using the crest/seal image from other skills, they are using the shield to symbolize Def and Res. 

Now will the Res boost be +3 like the Water blessing, or will it be +4 to match the weapon refinery buffs?

1 minute ago, Lord_Grima said:

j5T1fmo.jpg 8OFGkiz.jpg

The matching color to other skills does make a little more sense. And with Wind, you typically don't think Def, you think Spd or Res. The icon is confusing, but there probably is a reason for it. But if each affinity always matches to one stat, then I think it is safe to assume Fire=Attack and Earth=Def. We will have to see.

50px-Fortify_Res_3.png 50px-Fortify_Def_3.png Maybe, instead of using the crest/seal image from other skills, they are using the shield to symbolize Def and Res. 

Now will the Res boost be +3 like the Water blessing, or will it be +4 to match the weapon refinery buffs?

I don't think each element is inherently matched to one stat. Looking at the Fire/Wind/Earth/Water Boost (and Balm) skills, they're Atk/Spd/Def/Res, in that order. So I think there being two separate icons there means they can be paired differently: we'll probably get a second Water hero at some point who boosts some different stat.

If I'm correct about Gunnthra being Res, the Def icon is probably a yellow version of the same shield icon, since it seems both Def and Res get depicted as shields.

That's a good question about the quantity of the boost. I'd assumed it'd be +3, but it could be +4.

Wonder when the update will go out. Probably sometime in the next few hours.

3 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't think each element is inherently matched to one stat. Looking at the Fire/Wind/Earth/Water Boost (and Balm) skills, they're Atk/Spd/Def/Res, in that order. So I think there being two separate icons there means they can be paired differently: we'll probably get a second Water hero at some point who boosts some different stat.

That is what I'm hoping for, otherwise why would the have two icons for each Legendary Hero. And in the Confer Blessing Menu or when you click the seasons Icon in the top left, it says "Allies blessed with ___ gain a boost when they go into battle with a ___-type legendary hero." instead of "Allies blessed with ___ gain + _ ___  when they go into battle with a ___-type legendary hero."

And leaving the options open gives a lot of room for variation. 16 possible combos. Don't know if we will ever get that amount of Legendary Heroes, but it is nice to know there is options.

4 minutes ago, Lord_Grima said:

That is what I'm hoping for, otherwise why would the have two icons for each Legendary Hero. And in the Confer Blessing Menu or when you click the seasons Icon in the top left, it says "Allies blessed with ___ gain a boost when they go into battle with a ___-type legendary hero." instead of "Allies blessed with ___ gain + _ ___  when they go into battle with a ___-type legendary hero."

And leaving the options open gives a lot of room for variation. 16 possible combos. Don't know if we will ever get that amount of Legendary Heroes, but it is nice to know there is options.

Yeah. Also, different heroes with the same element could have different colors. I'm not sure what it'd take to explain a blue Fire hero or a red Wind hero, but I'm sure they could find a way.

Hmm, I wonder if we'll get to see Laevatein's older sister if there's a new story chapter? It might make sense with Fjorm's older sister showing up for Laevatein's older sister to as well.

Edited by Kaden

I might probably try a summoning session despite the Bait Banner Vibes I'm receiving, but I'll be avoiding Red like the plague because I already got all its Featured Heroes.

Any hero from the other colors would be welcome, but honestly I'm more interested on what the New Year Banner might bring.

More reason for Gunnthra to boost Res: boosting the effectiveness of allied Ploy skills would help her get extra damage from her weapon.

---

Gunnthra being a unit I actually expect to use a lot on cavalry teams, unlike Fjorm being fairly unremarkable infantry, means I'll actually have reason to save my Wind Blessings for relevant cavalry rather than just tossing them onto my best armors for arena scoring like the Water Blessings. Which is cool but also slightly frustrating, since now that I've finally started putting blessings on my best armors, I do want to finish. Maybe at some point we'll get an armor legendary hero of some element?

4 hours ago, mampfoid said:

When did you have access to unlimited orbs and how? 

I didn't, I was just kinda hoping I'd get some Google Play credit for Christmas and well... I didn't. So now I have to use my own budget to get the orbs, which was exhausted from Christmas shopping.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

I agree that it's probably Res, and have been thinking about who would pair best with her in that case. Of my own units, I haven't decided, but I think her skills and likely role will work remarkably well with Nowi in particular.