New Teased Modes - Discussion

Lord_Grima

New Mode Thoughts  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Town Building/ Battling (MyCastle v2)

• I'd like to play that.
    • I might want to play that.
    • Not sure if I'd want to play that or not.
    • Probably won't want to play that.
    • Don't want to play that.
  2. 2. Real Time Battles

• I'd like to play that.
  3. 3. Co-op Battles

• I'd like to play that.
  4. 4. Sleep Time Advancement

• I'd like to play that.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

vague yes to all but PvP, big yes to co-op. actually i might be okay with PvP that was sort of like the Link Arena in SS, with 4 teams pitted against each other in a turn based free for all. though it would be pretty troll, i'd much prefer it to playing chicken with a single opponent. 

Town building: don't care, that's not what I play FE for. Wouldn't despise it but meh.

Real time battles: Ehhh... probably not. I like to spend time mulling over my choices in battle. I don't want to sit around while my opponent does the same. These two views are not reconcilable for true PvP. It might have worked better when the game was simpler, but now that we have so many seals/skills to check for, probably not.

Coop: Sounds neat, depending on how it's implemented. My favourite thing of Voting Gauntlet is using other people's units, so seeing that in a game mode I'm happier with would be nice.

Sleep advancement: Strong no. Hated it in the Bravely games. What's the point? At best it's some free stuff. At worst it makes you keep your phone(/3DS) on for no reason except to gather fictional resources. I want to play games, not let my phone play them for me in the background, wasting my battery all the while.

Town building - depends on how they implement it, the rewards it provides, and how much paying in real money it requires :D

Real-Time PvP - again, depends on implementation. It would work if there are objectives to fulfill, rather than just straight up slugfest like Fates, but given Heroes' small scale, that would be wishful thinking.

Co-op - Real-Time Co-op doesn't sit too well with me - that needs communication, which Heroes are currently lacking. But something like, "you pick one hero, your friends give you the rest" might be pretty fun)

Sleep advancement - as long as it does not require an app being on the entire time - I HATED that Bravely games required that you stay in the game to advance Norende/Fort Luna and ESPECIALLY SP (i mean, sleep mode only, bummer for Citra-users).

Also I wish that they make the entire game movable to SD card - otherwise 8GB phones (like mine) will be eventually unable to update it (I mean, I ALREADY get "not enough space" errors with just FEH and Viber installed - fkin unremovable apps)

Said yes to Town Building and Co-op Battles, no to Real Time Battles, and unsure for Sleep Time Advancement.

Town Building can be quite fun if it offers nice rewards and the ability to customize the Town to some degree (ie. position of facilities in the area).

Co-op Battles can be a really nice way to give players an actual use for their Friends lists aside from those daily feather craps and the monthly Voting Gauntlet assists.

I'm assuming that Real Time Battles are going to be actual PvP, which is something I cannot trust IS handling well, especially moreso since access to units and skills in FE Heroes are decided by the RNG/money spent gambling and unit balancing is pretty questionable at best. It would also mean that the game would have to be balanced towards PvP and not PvE, which may affect current units/skills on top of future updates.

Sleep Time Advancement... it comes down to what IS is going to do with it. The current stamina bar takes 8 hours + 15 minutes to fully restore, which is about the amount of time people are typically recommended to sleep for. I just hope that Sleep Time Advancement does not act as a gatekeeper to content (since we already have stamina for that) and that it would do something like provide item rewards like feathers and orbs - something nice to get on top of the daily login bonuses.

A possible quality-of-life change that would be nice is to add a counter for unread notifications to the notice board on the Home screen in-game, similar to the counters added for received friend requests, unclaimed login rewards, and unclaimed quest rewards. It's pretty clear that a good portion of players don't pay attention to in-game notifications and may end up asking questions that can already be answered by said notifications (such as Fjorm being a free 5* unit, or unlocking and using Weapon Refinery). Maybe give it a glowing aura (similar to those sported by units wielding refined weapons) to make the notice board with unread in-game notifications stand out.

Edited by Roflolxp54