My prediction for Fire Emblem Warriors 2's Roster

Gregster101

Since Fire Emblem Warriors 1 sold surprisingly well (or at least I think it did since Koei is apparently satisfied with how well their Switch games are selling, which includes FEW), something tells me we're probably gonna get a sequel since they did mention wanting to do a sequel featuring other games if it sold well. I did this a while back, but I figured I'd post my predictions for a roster in a hypothetical sequel should it actually come true.

What do you guys think? Do you think they'll go with these three settings as the focus? And do you think they'll port over all the characters from the first game as History Mode unlocks? I'd like to hear your thoughts.

5a43d4fe88813_FireEmblemWarriors2Roster.thumb.png.e6270c93c940dd1b37ca21ce3e1abb27.png

Edited by Gregster101

That's way too many, I think. Plus you have to factor in the returning cast, which will be the likes of Marth, Chrom, Robin, etc. Also, FE Switch should be out by then, so that could be a focus game.

Holy snap, that's like three games worth of Roster(heheh).

I doubt we'll get all of them, and I don't think they'll focus Valentia(at least, I hope they don't) seeing that, as mentioned before, it's likely FE Switch will get center stage.

Probably my biggest fear is Ike and Roy will be delegated to Lyn and Celica's Roster Spots, as in the extra guys you have to beat the whole darn thing for. If they're going to do that again, they should at least give us Ephraim and Eirika in those slots.

Something tells me that they'll probably hold off on FE Switch until FEW3 along with Magvel and Jugdral. If anything, I could see at most the protagonist of FE Switch being a History Mode unlock to advertise his/her game, in a similar way as to how Celica advertised Echoes in FEW1.

3 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

I did say that all the characters from the first game would return, they would probably just not show up in the story and only appear as History Mode unlocks like Lyn and Celica were. And yeah, I did kind of went a little overboard didn't I?

I don't know, that's a lot of characters to not put into the story and as unlockables since I've been told that hardly anyone is ever cut in these games (though I think the ending scene characters are probably most likely to return if they do trim it down). Maybe have the main cast in the story mode as well and have others like Frederick be side characters.

I think that by the time Fire emblem Warriors II will reach development stage that Fire emblem Switch is already out and guaranteed to get a lot of prominence. A lot of people assume both Tellius and Elibe will get representation in the sequel but I think that's expecting to much. I believe only one of those two will get proper representation. 

Aside from Fire emblem Switch I imagine that IS and Koei would also want to add in more Shadow dragon characters who didn't make the cut, perhaps even some more Awakening/Fates characters for sales and with this in mind I don't think there's enough room to give both ''classic'' continents proper representation. 

And Jugdral or Magvel getting in is something we can already write off. Its not happening.

Who's to say they aren't gonna jump into the sequel after they release the Awakening DLC tho. From what I hear, One Piece Warriors 2 came out only one yet after the first game, so this is kind of why I assume they would focus on Valentia over Switch in the sequel. And they did say they wanted both Ike and Roy in the sequel, so that basically means they're both getting representation.

I kind of doubt they'd jump straight into a sequel. For one, they may move on to another Nintendo property or even back to Zelda for a proper sequel.

And as Etruian emperor said, they may even want to flesh out the SD and/or Awakening casts some more. That's part of the problem when each game in the series could fill the roster on their own. Though I will say that Ephraim or Eirika may get in as a Celica and Lyn. I would say both, but Celica proved they don't have to come together.

An ambitious list; but your lack of expansion on Fates, Awakening, and Shadow Dragon makes it far too unlikely. Never-mind the sheer scope of it; even if they further pursued the whole 'clones' dynamic, having 17 per entry is simply too infeasible to consider...

I don't think we'll get more Fates/awakening. The only worthwhile characters we missed are Jakob and Gaius. Gaius is kinda irrelevant when we will likely have both Soren and Jaffar. Jakob could get in, i guess, but not if we have a FESwitch character able to do dagger+staves.

My focus game predictions: FE7, RD, FESwitch. I assume cast size will double because that's how other warrior sequels worked, so at least 15 movesets for base, 21 after DLC. I'll work with 21 here.

Fe7 appeals to what was "American SD". FE6 will not be a focus game because it's japan-only, even with Heroes. However, Roy will be playable as a standalone FE6 rep much like Lyn/Celica in FEW1.

RD will represent Tellius. It won't be PoR simply because Ike's current identity is from his Radiant Dawn self, thanks to Smash 4 and the Amiibo. Also, Tellius's Daein vs Crimea conflict is much better done in RD and FEW2 can use it much like it did for the Fates plotline.

FEswitch is the new game, plain and simple.

SoV won't be a focus game because most of its cast is generic, competes with stronger picks from the above games either from an uniqueness, importance or popularity standpoints, and a lot run into identity issues (as in, their interesting aspects are from promoted classes but their identity is their base class, and there's too big of a jump in aesthetics to merge the two. This is for the Mercenary, Soldier and Archer lines). If the game doesn't have a Season 2 DLC for FEW1, we will just get Alm in the sequel.

Well, my opinion anyway

3 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

A lot of people assume both Tellius and Elibe will get representation in the sequel but I think that's expecting too much. I believe only one of those two will get proper representation. 

This plus the essential confirmation that we won't get Ike and Roy until at least an FEW2 is the main reason I'm concerned about any upcoming FEW title - if you're going to make a big deal about popular characters being in, then only give those characters mere pittance, that's just frustrating for anyone who likes those characters. It's the second biggest reason I was mad about Celica's inclusion - the first being that she doesn't belong in a Warriors game if you ask me - and the biggest reason I was bothered by Lyn's inclusion.

2 hours ago, Gregster101 said:

And they did say they wanted both Ike and Roy in the sequel, so that basically means they're both getting representation.

I believe they didn't actually say they wanted them in, it was more that someone asked when they'd be included and the devs more or less said 'not until a sequel happens' which we're all choosing to believe means it'll be FEW2 as opposed to, say, FEW4 if such a thing should happen, and that it means their games will also get focus. As I mentioned, I'm more concerned that they'll be the Lyn and Celica slots when they do arrive. Normally I'd say game devs aren't that stupid, but with FEW1's PR and just about everything else…I'm not setting any fears to rest until I get in-trailer proof.

6 minutes ago, Thany said:

Thany as a DLC character for binding blade huh? how odd,

I was thinking of possible characters for the Binding Blade DLC pack, and I sort of just thought about Shanna seeing as how she won one of the voting gauntlets by the time I made this roster.

Of course we'll get both Elibe and Tellius as main games. FEw2 will likely share a dev cycle with FEswitch to an extent and nobody can be sure if that game will be good or if it's cast will be popular. Fates/Awakening have nothing menaingful for them to waste their times making a moveset for, they need somethign with weight to push the game out to people.

From there it's just a matter of elimination.

They already worked with FE1/SD

F3/NM is japan-only

FE4,5 and 6 are japan-only but Roy is a thing

FE7 is the American FE1

FE8 is small

FE9-10 has the series's biggers tcharacter, who also is in smash

Awakening-Fates are already dry wells.

SoV offers too little. Overall seems to be the less popular title between it and FE7.

Then again, if i'm wrong i don't care much.I liked FEW1 and i'm sure FEW2 will deliver as well, as long as they don't cut Sakura.

Edited by guedesbrawl

2 hours ago, guedesbrawl said:

Then again, if i'm wrong i don't care much.I liked FEW1 and i'm sure FEW2 will deliver as well, as long as they don't cut Sakura.

I'm pretty sure they won't cut Sakura because as we sort of already established, Warriors games almost never cut characters.

I don't predict anywhere near that many characters. For one, I think they'll focus FE Switch and either Tellius or Elibe - not both. Saving the other for a potential third game seems more in line with Koei's behavior. 

As much as I want Tellius, I'm thinking Switch, Elibe, and Valentia will be the focus here because Lyn and Celica serve as potential connectors between the two Warriors games. 

It would also set FEW down a particular trend with 3 focus games. 1 focus game based on recency (ie: Fates, Switch). 1 focus game based on Echoes/history (SD, Valentia, Jugdral). 1 focus game based on popularity (Awakening, Elibe, Tellius).

I also think that they will want to introduce at least one new archetype of character - the knight. Daggers, mounted lancers, mounted archers, and warriors are other glaring omissions (among others), and we might see some of these.

However, archetypes will likely become more emphasized and we'll probably see more characters, including lords, use existing movesets. The potential for saved work is simply too high.

With that in mind, I think Valentia will add Alm as a unique or a Chrom clone. Lucas would serve as the knight and retainer for Alm. Zeke would be a much needed inclusion and founder of the lance cavalry archetype, as his inclusion as Camus is sorely missing in FEW1. Saber, as a Chrom or Navarre clone, and Conrad, as a Xander clone, would be great retainers for Celica. Berkut would make for a great story villain and villain dlc character.

Valentia dlc could possibly include Delthea (Tharja clone), Clair (pegasus clone), Leon (new mounted archer archetype), and Sonya (Robin clone).

Elibe will probably add Eliwood as a Xander clone. Ninian as a unique with similar mechanics to Tiki. Hector as a new axe knight archetype. Marcus as Eliwood's retainer and a mounted lance. Matthew as Hector's retainer and the founder of a new dagger archetype. Raven as a late story character the founder of the new sword and axe hero archetype. Rath as the founder of the mounted archer archetype and Lynn's retainer. Hawkeye as a late story character and the founder of the new warrior archetype. Nergal would make for the best story and dlc villain.

Roy would likely be added in a history map to avoid confusing the main story. Zephiel would be the antagonist of this map and be added with the villains pack.

Elibe dlc would likely add Dorcas (new warrior archetype), Jaffar (dagger archetype), and Karel (Navarre clone).

I believe that Ike would be the bonus character of FEW2, like Lyn and Celica were for FEW1.

And I think Darios will survive his fate in FEW1 and become the new lord, with the twins' moveset. The twins themselves would be scrapped.

Edited by Etheus

51 minutes ago, Etheus said:

Ninian as a unique with similar mechanics to Tiki.

Eh, I don't think they'll make her just another Tiki, seeing as how she's also a Dancer. Tiki-Olivia/Azura mix? That has potential.

7 hours ago, guedesbrawl said:

Awakening-Fates are already dry wells.

I agree with you that Sakura needs to stay, but I think IS/Nintendo has already made it clear they don't care how tired people are of seeing more Awakening and Fates(considering they specifically asked for Lucina even though there are plenty of people who are tired of her, I mean it's not like Chrom was going to get overshadowed a third time), so I think we'll see them shoved in our faces some more whether we like it or not. I doubt it will get a huge focus like the current game has, but it's almost certainly going to come back regardless of how much complaining we do. Our best bet is to just hope that it's minimal.

If things like Dragon Quest Heroes are to go by, not only do you have to factor the returning cast, but also the return of the original characters. Lianna and Rowan would likely appear alongside a new duo. And they would have story mode relevance. Maya from DQ4 did in both games for example.

2 minutes ago, NoNameAtAll said:

If things like Dragon Quest Heroes are to go by, not only do you have to factor the returning cast, but also the return of the original characters. Lianna and Rowan would likely appear alongside a new duo. And they would have story mode relevance. Maya from DQ4 did in both games for example.

I have a bit of a theory regarding that. Given that the twins are not well liked and their story ends cleanly, they may not make a return. Their movesets, however, would return. Perhaps we will receive a new lord with that playstyle. Perhaps Darios will even survive FEW1 and become that lord.

1 hour ago, SoulWeaver said:

Eh, I don't think they'll make her just another Tiki, seeing as how she's also a Dancer. Tiki-Olivia/Azura mix? That has potential.

I agree with you that Sakura needs to stay, but I think IS/Nintendo has already made it clear they don't care how tired people are of seeing more Awakening and Fates(considering they specifically asked for Lucina even though there are plenty of people who are tired of her, I mean it's not like Chrom was going to get overshadowed a third time), so I think we'll see them shoved in our faces some more whether we like it or not. I doubt it will get a huge focus like the current game has, but it's almost certainly going to come back regardless of how much complaining we do. Our best bet is to just hope that it's minimal.

You do realize the people who want to see both Awakening and Lucina-in all likelihood-outnumber those that really don't want to see them, right?

2 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

The problem is that all the heavy hitters are already in FEw1. If you are thinking of heroes, note that characters they keep pushing. it's almost always a royal.

There is no one worthwhile to add from that part of the series anymore with a single exception: a butler or maid, provided FESwitch doesn't have another answer to the staff+dagger combo.

The remaining people from fates/awakening that actually stand a chance at being added if they went back all are lesser versions of people already in few1 (Henry vs Tharja) or that are shoe-ins for few2 (Severa/Laslow vs Ike, Gaius vs Sothe/Jaffar).