My prediction for Fire Emblem Warriors 2's Roster

Gregster101

3 hours ago, SoulWeaver said:

Eh, I don't think they'll make her just another Tiki, seeing as how she's also a Dancer. Tiki-Olivia/Azura mix? That has potential.

I agree with you that Sakura needs to stay, but I think IS/Nintendo has already made it clear they don't care how tired people are of seeing more Awakening and Fates(considering they specifically asked for Lucina even though there are plenty of people who are tired of her, I mean it's not like Chrom was going to get overshadowed a third time), so I think we'll see them shoved in our faces some more whether we like it or not. I doubt it will get a huge focus like the current game has, but it's almost certainly going to come back regardless of how much complaining we do. Our best bet is to just hope that it's minimal.

That wasn't really the implication. I did not clarify that prediction, but I really meant to draw the comparison only in that they could both have a dragon form awakening mechanic. Ninian would obviously have the more graceful human moveset of a dancer. Her dragon form might even function differently. 

Also, do you not see the problem with your latter statement. On this forum, we see quite a bit of overt animosity towards characters like Lucina (or any Awakening/Fates character). Do you think the people who like Lucina would care if Roy or Hector were added? At worst, they would enjoy having another character. Potentially, they'd grow to love that character as well. 

By all means, we should have characters like Lucina, Chrom, Robin, and the Fates royals. They're important characters. We should also have characters like Hector, Roy, Ike, and Sigurd. These are also important characters. It isn't a zero sum game. It shouldn't be a zero sum game. That's how opinions work. I hate Elise. I have no interest in using Elise. But I wouldn't wish her out of the game because a great many other players love that character, and their enjoyment doesn't affect mine.

They are not going to make a FEW2 without a large flagship game to anchor the roster. If FE Switch isn't going to be the main hook, there simply won't be a FEW2.                                             

43 minutes ago, Hardin said:

They are not going to make a FEW2 without a large flagship game to anchor the roster. If FE Switch isn't going to be the main hook, there simply won't be a FEW2.                                             

I agree with this statement.

SoV will be 2-3 years or older by that point, and will fade in popularity by the time a FEW2 even gets revealed. Not that I have anything against SoV, but it was a remake of a rather outdated game, using outdated mechanics, and released on a system in its final days. By the time FEW 2 gets revealed FE Switch will be out and be the new shiny thing. So I expect it to take center stage.

As for the other choices of games, I would say thats about right. As far as character choices go though, I say its too early to tell. I like the look of it, and would love to see that, but I also think it is possibly too high. But at the same time crossover games by Koei have reached extremely high numbers before so its not like it is out of the realm of possibility.

21 hours ago, Tolvir said:

I agree with this statement.

SoV will be 2-3 years or older by that point, and will fade in popularity by the time a FEW2 even gets revealed. Not that I have anything against SoV, but it was a remake of a rather outdated game, using outdated mechanics, and released on a system in its final days. By the time FEW 2 gets revealed FE Switch will be out and be the new shiny thing. So I expect it to take center stage.

As for the other choices of games, I would say thats about right. As far as character choices go though, I say its too early to tell. I like the look of it, and would love to see that, but I also think it is possibly too high. But at the same time crossover games by Koei have reached extremely high numbers before so its not like it is out of the realm of possibility.

I still think it's possible for Valentia to get in as a focus game, just not as the focus game.

While the combination of Fates, Awakening, and Shadow Dragon is a predictable trio, it's also one that represents a possible precedent. 

Fates - Promotional

This slot could be a promotional slot. Fates was the new flagship title at the time of development, and it made sense to make it the largest focus title for the game.

Awakening - Popularity/Fan Demand

Awakening, though divisive, is an undeniably successful and popular game. Despite being a 2012/2013 release, it still carries a lot of name recognition and is a large part of FEW1's appeal.

Shadow Dragon - Echoes/Historical

The lackluster sales of Shadow Dragon - especially in the west - don't make it an especially demanded title for representation. However, the title has undeniable historical significance. You can't have a Fire Emblem crossover without Marth, afterall. 

If future FE Warriors games follow the same format, we could see something along the lines of:

Promotional - FE Switch

Popularity - Elibe

Echoes - Valentia

If FE Warriors 3 becomes a thing, we could potentially see:

Promotional - future Fire Emblem game

Popularity - Tellius

Echoes - Geneology of the Holy War remake

This is just speculation on my part, but I think it's an interesting point of discussion. You can't exactly guarantee a precedent with a single game of this nature, but perhaps there is something to the formula that would just make sense for representing the series moving forward.

On 12/28/2017 at 3:42 PM, Etheus said:

I have a bit of a theory regarding that. Given that the twins are not well liked and their story ends cleanly, they may not make a return. Their movesets, however, would return. Perhaps we will receive a new lord with that playstyle. Perhaps Darios will even survive FEW1 and become that lord.

I think Dragon Quest Heroes, which is more RPG-styled Warriors game, used a new dimension with different OCs for its sequel. I think the old Heroes 1 MCs got reduced to costumes in the second. This would probably be for the best. Although DQH2 had no issue not returning some old characters who weren't OCs.

On 12/29/2017 at 12:15 AM, Hardin said:

They are not going to make a FEW2 without a large flagship game to anchor the roster. If FE Switch isn't going to be the main hook, there simply won't be a FEW2

This assumes FEW2 would come out within a few years of FE Switch, which at this point I'd consign to a 2019 or at best holiday 2018 release date (following a massive E3 reveal earlier that year). Do we need a FEW2 within say 3-4 years? I'd expect a little longer of a wait. 

So while I agree the most recent flagship is needed for each iteration of FEW,  whether it'd be FE Switch or if it'd fall into a "too late for FEW too early for FEW2" limbo and we'd instead get FES2 representation is debatable. Of course, they could do both Switch titles just as they've repped Awakening and Fates at the same time.

On 12/28/2017 at 5:41 PM, Etheus said:

That wasn't really the implication. I did not clarify that prediction, but I really meant to draw the comparison only in that they could both have a dragon form awakening mechanic. Ninian would obviously have the more graceful human moveset of a dancer. Her dragon form might even function differently. 

They could give Ninian Rings as a Staff-like equip. So while Tiki is Takumi (a lovely image if interpreted literally), Ninian is Sakura, except instead of healing she gives temporary stat buffs to allies. Azura in this game didn't get any actual refresher powers right?

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2018 at 1:42 PM, Interdimensional Observer said:

They could give Ninian Rings as a Staff-like equip. So while Tiki is Takumi (a lovely image if interpreted literally), Ninian is Sakura, except instead of healing she gives temporary stat buffs to allies. Azura in this game didn't get any actual refresher powers right?

Yes, her Strong I does refresh/fill nearby allies meters and her personal skill also heals her pair up partner whether she is Vanguard or Support I do believe.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2017 at 12:15 AM, Hardin said:

I disagree with this. I don't see them clinging to a cast that customers don't know for a game that's pretty fan service oriented like Warriors. The "Choose Your Legends" polls aren't entirely accurate to use as a pure popularity measure, especially the second one, but it's definitely the most visible, especially to IS, and on it, Awakening and Fates characters still trend more popular. This is even moreso than Echoes/Gaiden characters which are more relevant at the time. Even if a Warriors 2 game ships some time after FESwitch releases, they'll still have overlapping development timeframes. I don't see us getting much more for it than we got with Celica in this one.

I can see them bringing back much of or all of the existing cast and filling out things that were "missing" from this one, and even including more Fates and/or Awakening characters. Or adding things like a magic weapon triangle.

On 29/12/2017 at 3:15 AM, Hardin said:

Ike and Roy are the series's most popular male characters and their games (adding FE7 to Roy) have a certain following.

Not that they won't wait for FESwitch, but this would be more than enough without even a 3rd focus game.

8 hours ago, dmurr said:

I can see them bringing back much of or all of the existing cast and filling out things that were "missing" from this one, and even including more Fates and/or Awakening characters. Or adding things like a magic weapon triangle.

I want the ability to use different weapons. Lucina and Frederick with lances, Robin with swords and so forth. Or, something I thought of, sub weapons if a moveset incorporates more than one weapon type.

6 hours ago, Arthur97 said:

I want the ability to use different weapons. Lucina and Frederick with lances, Robin with swords and so forth. Or, something I thought of, sub weapons if a moveset incorporates more than one weapon type.

Sadly, that's not happening in a Warriors game that already has in-game character switching. Unless Omega Force drastically changes up the gameplay to compensate, it's either weapon switching or character switching, not both.

10 minutes ago, Watchman said:

Sadly, that's not happening in a Warriors game that already has in-game character switching. Unless Omega Force drastically changes up the gameplay to compensate, it's either weapon switching or character switching, not both.

I meant having them equitable like HW. The sub weapon idea was that they would be one moveset, but some moves would use another weapon which was affected by the sub.

23 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I meant having them equitable like HW. The sub weapon idea was that they would be one moveset, but some moves would use another weapon which was affected by the sub.

Ah, I never played HW so I was never aware of this. My bad.

I find this unlikely as it would just strip away the uniqueness from other cast members.

Why use Xander if Frederick can equip a sword? Why use any Archer if Lyn does Bows?

On the other hand, due to popularity and importance being roster-building factors, some movesets will never EXIST unless they do HW-side movesets or future FEs give us the right units to work with. Like another unit that does the Kinshi Knight job, or even the Horse+Bow thing (rath is not very popular...)

The likely exception being a Scroll moveset. I want a Scroll!Sakura, and I doubt we'll get another candidate for the moveset anytime soon.

Edited by guedesbrawl

• 2 weeks later...

I'd be really satisfied with this roster, but I think FE16 will take center stage if there is FEW2 since that will be the game with the most hype behind it at the time. I'm guessing if FEW2 happens then it will come out really late this year or next year after FE16 comes out, and it would make sense to give the most spotlight to your big game at the time. They could release just the protagonist to advertise the game a bit, but there will most likely be a good amount of new characters getting a lot of attention. I think they will want to cash in on their popularity hot on the trails of the game they appeared in. Though as I said before I would really like seeing this since a lot of my favorites are in there so good job. Hopefully the characters we love from SoV get in someway though.

Edited by LaserDuda