Antihero Anonydraft Mafia (Game Over)

BBM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Omar Little said:

why wouldn't rick switch to mello then? maybe i'm dumb but mello had 3 votes vs crawler vs endeavor, wasn't mello not "clear" at that time? This is assuming endeavor is rick's scumbuddy.

All of the wagons around that time were small. Switching away if necessary would have been easy so Endie would have been no threat from his not-so-best-buddy's vote.

Komaeda's hard defense of the Endeavor wagon bundled with no convincing alternatives followed by him changing his mind on it doesn't look good. It reads as scum starting out posturing since the Endeavor lynch is incredibly likely to happen no matter what they do, only to take the easy way out so nobody holds them to posting new content on Beast and their other suspects.

My biggest problem with Beast is the self-deprecation in response to cases on him. I do think a mindset of "why aren't you voting me / suspicious of me" is more likely to come from scum. Scum knows they're scum and sees voting them as the "right" thing for town to do. The complete disappearance today does him no favors either; before he was at least willing to drop by and talk about how he was busy and struggling to keep up. Suspect he's scum abusing the amount of leeway people are giving him.

Slightly concerned Kokichi could be scum who turned cruise control on because nobody suspects him. I'm never able to get a strong impression of his priorities from his posts. I do have a hard time seeing his ED1 coming from scum though. Kokichi, clarify if you think Endeavor/Beast is actually the most logical scumteam. It's strange as they're my two biggest suspects but it almost seems too easy. I do wonder if I'm giving Omar too much of a pass for picking insomniac - insomniac's not a good pick for scum but I don't think his player has much trouble generating townie-looking content as scum and people play to their talents, I suppose. In a similar vein to Komaeda it's suspicious that he went into today not wanting to lynch Endeavor but has been inactive since his night post and hasn't voted anybody. I'd say it's worse than Komaeda because Komaeda is at least talking, whereas Omar's play is about what I'd expect from scum in a day where the lynch seems all but locked and it doesn't match up with the passion he had during the night phase.

Endeavor > Beast > Omar > Komaeda for me at the moment. I'm willing to hammer Endeavor but I'm still holding out for a @Beast post. Frustrating but it really feels like D2 - D4 has to be spent taking out the (Faye, Endeavor, Beast) group and hoping one flips scum.

It's late and my laptop is almost out of charge so I'm going to keep this pretty short.

I think it's difficult to criticise Omar for not doing much today when things aren't exactly going quickly as it is. He at least has his own opinions that he's been fighting for and it's difficult to generate more without rereading and I can't blame him for not doing so when I can't really be bothered now either when consensus is already down.

I could see Beast/Endeavour as possible (maybe Beast's shift in posting was because they lost their sensible buddy n1 to the SK kill?) because I don't recall either pushing for each other's lynch particularly hard. Without rereading I'd say Nagito and you (Batter) are immediate buddy candidates for Endeavour due to actions today (for a defence that's fairly lackluster and a possible reaction of "fuck this gay earth" of when you entered the thread today and saw your buddy at L-1) or Toshio for Beast because I feel like he could have pushed Beast harder but kinda lazily prodded him a bit and that was it. This is all off of memory though. Fuck reading mafia games.

And if that last post wasn't enough of an indicator I've definitely been in cruise control at least for the last 24 hours because the game is kinda dead and I've been at work. I'm looking forward to what the new, hopefully improved Beast is going to do though. You better not bore me!

I'm done with my initial read, and I have a gigantic headache.  Following everyone's logic is damn hard when I'm thrown into a situation where there may or may not be a near-hammer.  I'll start with an impressionpost, then reread everyone in-depth and get something more solid.

• Screw all of you for lynching my strongest townread on D1. I actually liked Crowler's logic, right up until that sub request.
  • Rick/Titania's interactions ED1 made me want to publicly post my role PM so I wouldn't have to deal with them.  Kudos to them for offing each other.
  • Faye's biggest mistake IMO was not interacting more.  That was a null lynch, and it's irritating.
  • RIP Kratos, thanks mafia for getting rid of another player I didn't want to interact with.  Would've pressed him on D3, had he lived, since he became very forgettable after his claim.
  • I didn't have a very positive opinion about Endeavor until here.  This was the towniest reaction to those votes that I could think of.  The only reason why I'd place a vote here at this point would be on associative reads and lack of time.  Is there enough time to move the wagon?
  • Didn't have a very good opinion of Mello, but don't ask me to dig up quotes right now.  This will happen come the second, in-depth read.  Will decide whether or not I want to lynch this slot then.
  • I keep forgetting that The Batter exists.  At this stage in the game, it's bad.
  • Like, Omar doesn't post as much as The Batter, but I remember more of his content (in a good way).
  • Toshio's words to content ratio is awful.  Like Mello, I need to reread this slot in depth.  Unlike Mello, this is going to be exceedingly painful.
  • Lapis' slot utterly confuses me.  I liked the first Lapis, but am not as fond of the second one.
  • Nagito's posting makes my head spin, but it's not as bad as Rick/Titania/Toshio.  I don't really remember much else about this slot, and that's not a good thing.
  • Kokichi needs to cut out the nicknames, because I'm having enough issues tracking who's who.  Less headache-inducing than Nagito.  Most memorable thing ATM is putting Endeavor at L-1.  I don't like this, because of the sheer number of sub requests.  A less careful sub would vote first and ask questions later.
  • I regret subbing in already.

Rather than do a proper lynch list, I'm going to reread Mello, The Batter, Toshio, Lapis, Nagito, and Kokichi, in that order.  Not really feeling Endeavor/Omar as scum.

First poster: Mello.

My issue with his D1 was that he posts a lot of indirect comments. For example, this has four different people, but the only content that isn't a direct comment about someone else's actions is the Endeavor lynch.  And even that is an indirect comment about others.  In contrast, this is a direct comment.  Shame it's on a mafia member, but it was the best example I could find.  It gets better once D2 rolls around.

This is a good post, though, since it conflicts with my first!Lapis read with some nice points.  Due to the sub-out, and the lack of proper context elsewhere, I'm going to leave it at that.  The D1 antics bother me, but it's not enough to warrant a vote, unless everyone else is obvtown on a second read.

Yes, I'm going to devote a post to every single reread.  I don't know how long it will take, and I'd rather have my thoughts out now than later.

I haven't voted because it feels like the consensus is endeavor today and I don't see a vote on beast really changing that especially since my case so far against him hasn't changed since my night post. Regarding my opinions the reason i'm asking the questions is basically my defense of endeavor. If someone proposes why scum rick voting for endeavor would have been fine I can't just repeat my defense!

Speaking of the responses, I actually went back and looked at votals 1.5 and the votes show that Endeavor was at 5 votes while Mello was at 3 and Crawler was at 2. @Kokichi Ouma you said that the wagons were small at the time so it would have been easy to make the switch. So why would he not if endeavor is scum? I feel I'm not understanding your response. He remains committed to the Endeavor vote when he could have easily gotten off and remains committed the rest of the day. 

@Nagito Komaeda forgot to answer your question sorry, so basically along with the toshio thing (looking like a weird bus to me and he voted toshio) his only read that he "cased" (i.e scumread but never voted) was mello pretty sure and we've already established that they are most likely town thus making me think rick actually voted the person they bussed if they bussed someone. 

Gonna wait for beast's new reads before make my comments. Their listpost was pretty buzzwordy but they called it an "impression post" so we'll see. Lapis also makes a good point about toshio not elaborating on why lapis's thought process is scummy. 

Next poster: The Batter

Starts off pretty strong D1, complete with an interesting vote on Titania.  I think what threw me was this - despite mentioning this behavior from Endeavor, The Batter's tone shifts to a more passive one somewhere along the line.  I'm not sure what to make of this.  I'm going to continue reading, and maybe I'll make more sense.

@Omar Little - Deal with it, I just read the entire game.  I felt like modkilling myself after page 5.  If I was smarter, I'd go to bed now, and let my subconscious sort it out.  However, time's short, so I'm going to go over as much as I can, and hope that I can get something coherent out before phase end.  Right now, my thoughts are all over the place.

Next: Toshio

Why did I agree to sub in?  Why do I hate myself so?  Ugh, here goes.  For the sake of my sanity, I'm going to condense this guy's posts into points.

• First votes Kratos for his vote on Endeavor, citing Kokichi self-vote as the reason.
  • This is weird, because it's both passive and aggressive at the same time, but boils down to "I just have an issue with your vote on Endeavor, not the other voters".
  • This is basically the bullet point above, but way longer.
  • Don't agree that Mello was really contributing well here - there were three content posts total, two of which were him sitting back and commenting on other votes.  Also, the logic of "I agree with it so he must be town" is just bad.  I sure as hell didn't agree with Mello's conclusion that Lapis was scum (later in the game), but I think it's a good case regardless.
  • This interests me from a voting PoV.  Scum!Toshio would've known that Crowler wasn't scum, so why suddenly vote Endeavor?  From the words PoV, blargh.
  • This could literally have been the first blurb, and been fine.
  • I don't like this at all.  Form your own reads, don't rely on others to read people as town/mafia.
  • I do like his interactions with Nagito, though.  Sometimes, he even gets to the point!  One of the stronger associative reads IMO.  It's not helpful now, but the fact that it exists is nice.
  • I'm really not liking his Endeavor tunnel for most of the phase.  Why stick to someone with sketchy content?

Current vote priority is Toshio > Mello > The Batter.  Between the extra words and his stance on Endeavor, I'm not too happy.

damn well this is certainly interesting. Certainly didn't expect my primary read to suspect my other read. Bothered by your point on toshio's endeavor stance though. Isn't being on someone with "sketcy content" a good thing?

Just now, Omar Little said:

damn well this is certainly interesting. Certainly didn't expect my primary read to suspect my other read. Bothered by your point on toshio's endeavor stance though. Isn't being on someone with "sketcy content" a good thing?

Not when it's someone that isn't posting that much.  It's why I really didn't like Faye's lynch D2, even if that slot needed to go.  Almost all of her associative reads are weak.

Trying to figure out where Lapis subbed out.  I think it's somewhere between pages 11 and 19, but SF is loading those pages slowly FSR.

I subbed in during n1 but I think my first content was page 20-21, for reference.

What do you think about Mello's coordinates/pick order mishap? You didn't mention it at all in your reread on him.

Just now, Lapis Lazuli said:

I subbed in during n1 but I think my first content was page 20-21, for reference.

What do you think about Mello's coordinates/pick order mishap? You didn't mention it at all in your reread on him.

Your first post was on page 19.  BBM announced it on page 18.  Still trying to read through everything, but it's no fun when SF randomly decides that it doesn't like page 21.

Mello's coordinate thing is null, because Crowler flipped town (hindsight, etc., etc.).  I'd call that sort of thing out regardless of alignment.

doesn't crawler flipping town actually mean mello is townier? Crawler was telling the truth about their numbers so that means that mello made a mistake? If crawler was the sk you'd have a point but they weren't.