Antihero Anonydraft Mafia (Game Over)

BBM

11 minutes ago, Prims said:

I don't think kirsche fumbling his numbers as town would have happened had Komaeda not been in this game.

latest?cb=20171113193813

6 minutes ago, Prims said:

I dunno if town was that bad this game besides cutting Beast way too much slack. I feel like scum just outplayed us completely. SB and Iris had really good scum games.

6 minutes ago, Prims said:

TOO BAD WE WON ANYWAY LOL

Pretty much.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah, scum QT too.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Hi @Pandog, funny to see you here XD

Also, what were everyone's draft numbers?

I posted the drafting number above!

That being said, I think if there's another Anonydraft, I think people should be cognizant of what people have picked in the past, and also choose according to the player size (the bigger the group, the less likely you'll get your own individual number like in the first non anonymous draft). Also can't be assed to find them, but polls show that 3 and 7 are the most commonly picked integers between 1 and 10, so....

2 minutes ago, Prims said:

Did anybody have player guesses? These were mine, as I posted in the graveyard:

Dr. Crowler - Shin
Titania Andersen - Paperblade
Rick - ???
Faye Valentine - ??? -> Blitz
Mercenary Kratos - Shinori
Endeavor - ???
Mello - Marth -> ???
Kokichi Ouma - Mitsuki
The Batter - Prims
Lapis Lazuli - Via -> ???
Omar Little - Lord Gaius
Beast - Ken Masters -> ???
Toshio Ozaki - Marth (yeah, I thought two players were Marth)

Guesses

Rick -> kirsche

Toshio -> Prims

Kokichi -> Refa

Nagito -> Sully

Lapis -> Via (the snike one, not the via one)

Omar -> Bartozio

Batter -> Paperblade

Kratos -> no idea

Mello: Marth
The Batter: Prims
Titania Andersen: Paperblade
Mercenary Kratos: Shinori
Nagito Komaeda: Refa
Endeavor: AnimeArts
Faye Valentine: Elieson --> Blitz
Omar Little: Junko
Toshio: Kirsche
Lapis Lazuli: Via -> Hasn't Really Posted Yet
Dr. Crowler: Manix

These were SB and my guesses at the end of the D1 phase. We had the added benefit of having each other to bounce off guesses off of, so I guess that's probably why our guesses are the most accurate (it became pretty apparent to both of us of our true identities, and BBM was nice enough to let us guess people together).

I thought Shinori was Mancer NGL.

I also got Prims correct but beyond that I didn't bother guessing.

Noc still sucks.

3 minutes ago, Paperblade said:

I'm glad town won because we can consider this punishment for fearkilling me N1 :^)

Wasn't a fear kill, but you can keep telling yourself that. ;)

Nagito > Titania > Lapis > Batter > Toshio

I searched the depths of scum chat for our reasoning on our night 1 kill, and found an order that explains our thought process. These were people we thought were towny/possible PRs, I think SB said something like "I can manipulate Refa better + he doesn't have good reads" so he wasn't considered, we also mixed up Toshio and Prims' roles as hijacker/vengeful, Lapis had just subbed out.

Plus, you fearkilled me back, xoxo.

36 minutes ago, Refa said:

I mean...my talent is just having good luck. It's not like it comes from hard work, and it's not like I can use it to do anything amazing. Regardless of how lucky I am, or if that luck even exists, I'm just too unimpressive to truly matter. Haha, unlike you guys.

Tbh I don’t think that anymore but SFMM4 happened once and anything to win an argument

1 minute ago, Paperblade said:

your reason for thinking I was a PR was bad ;-;

Blame SB for that one!

You still killed me. You always seem to kill me when you're SK and I'm mafia. :thinking:

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

That is the LAST FUCKING TIME I INTENTIONALLY SUB INTO A MAFIA SLOT.

I really wish endeavour hadn't given up and voted you instead, I might have realised your interactions were scum/town not scum/scum

Just now, Baldrick said:

I really wish endeavour hadn't given up and voted you instead, I might have realised your interactions were scum/town not scum/scum

I wish he hadn't given up, either.  But I wasn't lying about my activity - I really did reread the entire thread, and had multiple tabs open, and had a rather disturbing experience that ended with Google's captcha not letting me post.

2 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

You really did? I thought you were BSing. You should've been smart like me and subbed into a town-read slot.

Yeah.  Really.

BBM really needed the sub.  That's why I agreed.  And that irritation in my post was real, too.  Lynches really sucked.

48 minutes ago, Prims said:

sorry you lost in lylo conq!

I'm so good at LYLOs that I lose when I'm not even in the game.

I'm surprised people thought I was playing though, it's been so long since my last game..

sorry for subbing out something happened irl that was leaking into the game for me but good job town

#alwaysgettinglynchedinanonywithgoodreads

i didn't keep up at all after my sub (i love irl), but when i skimmed at the start of d4? (whenever beast flipped) i just went "i think it's kokichi", the rvs interactions with rick were heckin obvious with a rick flip. idk what happened after that, hecked if i know
(i never got gy access and had no spoilers, nor did i particular care for it given my lack of involvement)

Edited by Grace

anyways sorry for being BUSY but I'll give my general thoughts about the game in this post and then do a player breakdown in the next one

mod qt: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/qbx9endmHfM

mafia qt: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/8tKepBqWnJVT

graveyard qt: https://www.quicktopic.com/52/H/jCi8cQFWAbZgd

spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ySKZ-wN6fgUBmibWl_D_DGlZJASp5OZt-S-7b89NqmI/edit#gid=0

So firstly, town got super lucky because the mafia picked at spots 7, 8, and 11, and the SK picked at spot 12. I originally tried re-rolling alignments, but based on where people were drafting, it was too difficult to find a scumteam/SK combo that were both spread out through the draft and reasonably balanced in terms of experience, to the point that achieving both things basically required hand-picking those people. I didn't want to do that because most people prefer town to mafia, so in the end I just went with the first scumteam/SK combo. I thought the scumteam had a good mix of experience and talent at playing scum, and Paperblade's been SK a lot of times so I knew he would be good. Also, given that I expected kills to rack up quickly at least in the first few night phases with two anti-town factions, I thought it would be better to err on the side of having scum who had weaker roles but were better with regards to in-thread play as opposed to the opposite, given that I thought town might otherwise die really quickly.

Of course, I didn't expect the double crosskill on N1, which really threw the entire balance out of whack and put scum in a really tough situation where they had weak roles, were down a person earlier than normal, and didn't have a third party helping them thin out the crowd. Based on all those town advantages, I can't really say that town deserved to win, or even that they played okay but got outplayed by scum like Prims suggested. I think the latter was true-ish until around D3, but the Endeavor lynch wasn't great and the Toshio lynch was obviously bad play, as covered by Paperblade in the graveyard. As a host it's frustrating that it helped the town to win the next day, when they might not have if they'd played properly (although they might have lynched Kokichi on D4 if Toshio had come back, who knows). Several townies also just kind of rolled over, and nobody other than The Batter made a good use of their role.

With regards to the roles that were in the setup, there were a bunch of interactions I hadn't really thought of because I threw the game together so fast. Like for example, announcing *YLO would make the Vengeful's alignment kind of obvious, so I removed it, but then Mayor turning off in *YLO is basically announcing *YLO anyways. Vengeful not working in *YLO wouldn't really have worked either because its very presence causes *YLO to arrive earlier. Also, having all of Hijacker/Hooker/Follower, which all work to PoE scum down when there's only one of them left, was probably too much. Luckily, none of those things really ended up being a factor because Vengeful died before *YLO and town only picked one of those three roles.

I talk about my thoughts wrt role selection and Amnesiac more specifically in the mod qt, so I'll just add- I think that players should pay more attention to balancing their desire to pick their favourite role with their responsibility to help their alignment by picking a role which is of a quality commensurate to their draft pick.