Antihero Anonydraft Mafia (Game Over)

BBM

Welcome everybody to ANTIHERO ANONYDRAFT MAFIA; shouts to Elie for hosting the first Anonydraft mafia. Sign up for this game privately, not in-thread. Read the mechanics before signing up.

Mechanics:

Spoiler

1. This game will be played through the use of anonymous accounts. Do not post in-thread with your regular SF account. Sign-up through SF PM or Discord, but not Skype (sorry not sorry Boron), along with a fictional anti-hero which you would like your anonymous account to be named after. Anti-heroes are guys who are ultimately on the good side, but do not follow conventional heroic tropes of being a nice guy. Examples include Vegeta and Kaiba. Characters are first-come-first-serve.

2. This game is using a draft format in which you pick your role (see the list of available roles below). The order will be picked as decided below. You will know your faction before drafting begins and if you are mafia, be able to talk to your scumbuddy. However, if you pick a role that has already been picked, you will be a Vanilla instead.

3. Along with your (private) sign-up, provide two numbers from 1-9 in the form (x, y). These will be used to create the draft order. The lowest x value that no one else picks will be the first pick, and so on and so forth. If multiple people pick the same x value, it is determined by y values. Duplicates in both x and y values will go at the bottom, with order determined by RNG. For example, if we get

A (4,3)

B (2,2)

C (4,5)

D (1,1)

E (1,2)

F (2,9)

G (9,1)

H (5,7)

I (2,9)

the order would be

H (5, 7)

G (9, 1)

D (1, 1)

E (1, 2)

A (4, 3)

C (4, 5)

B (2, 2)

I/F (2, 9)

I/F (2, 9)

Rules:

Spoiler

1. This game is NOC. Communicate only inside the thread, unless your role/alignment allows you to do otherwise.

2. Post in-thread using only your anonymous account. For Chrome users, you can log on as a different user in a separate window so that you don't have to sign in and out of your regular and anonymous account. Do not use your anonymous account to post outside of this thread.

3. Days last for 72 hours and nights last for 24 hours. Do not post in-thread during the night phase unless your role allows you to.

4. A hammer constitutes of >50% of all available players, and is required for a lynch on all days except Day 1.

5. If you do not post for more than 24 hours, you will be prodded. After enough prods, I will sub you out or modkill you if there are no subs available. If you don't think you can be active, don't sign up, or request a sub if it's an emergency.

6. Don't talk about the game to anyone except hosts/IOs since you don't know who's in the game and who isn't.

7. Don't tactically modkill yourself. I will ensure it ends badly for you.

8. You will be informed if your action fails or is redirected, but only if you have an action.

9. Don't post screenshots of your role PM or anything else.

10. Don't edit your posts. If you do so accidentally, please inform me right away of what changes you made.

11. *YLO will not be announced.

12. Dead people can talk to each other but don't talk to people not playing in the game other than hosts/IOs.

13. Be nice. Mafia is a game. Don't create a hostile environment for others just because you're frustrated.

14. There are no hidden players.

Alignments:

Spoiler

Town

You are a member of the Town. You win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

Mafia

You are a member of the Mafia. You may take a factional kill every night if nobody else in the Mafia is. You win when all threats to the Mafia are eliminated.

Serial Killer

You are the Serial Killer. You may take a factional kill every night. Additionally, you have a 1x BPV to prevent the first kill aimed at you. You win when you are the last player alive.

Roles:

Spoiler

Doctor

You are the Doctor. Every night, you may respond to your role PM with “Night X – Protect USER” to protect USER from nightkills.

Follower

You are the Follower. Every night, you may respond to your role PM with “Night X – Follow USER” to learn what night actions USER took.

1x Vengeful

You are the 1x Vengeful. If you die, you may post in the thread “Taking revenge on USER” to kill them.

1x BPV

You are the 1x BPV. You will survive the first kill aimed at you.

Hooker

You are the Hooker. Every night, you may respond to your role PM with “Night X – Hook USER” to prevent them from completing their night actions.

1x Strongman

You are the 1x Strongman. Once in the game, if you are taking a factional kill, you may respond to your role PM with “Strongman USER” to ensure their death regardless of Doctors, BPVs, Hookers, or Hijackers.

1x Networker

You are the 1x Networker. Once in the game, you may respond to your role PM with “Network USER1 and USER2” to create a permanent quicktopic for USER1 and USER2 to talk outside the thread. You may target yourself.

Voyeur

You are the Voyeur. Every night, you may respond to your role PM with “Spy upon USER” to learn of all night actions targeting USER.

Ninja

You are the Ninja. If you are taking a factional kill, it does not show up on Follower or Voyeur reports.

Amnesiac

You are the Amnesiac. Once in the game, at night, you may respond to your role PM with “Take USER’s abilities” to take their role, resetting any limited use abilities. USER must be dead.

Hijacker

You are the Hijacker. Every night, you may respond to your role PM with “Hijack USER1 to USER2” to force USER1 to target USER2 with all their night actions.

Insomniac

You are the Insomniac. You may post during the night phase.

Sidekick

You are the Sidekick. Every night, you may respond to your role PM with “Martyr myself for USER” to redirect all non-killing actions targeting USER to yourself.

Mayor

You are the Mayor. Your vote counts double if it is not *YLO. This will be displayed on votecounts.

Vanilla

You are a Vanilla. You have no role abilities.

Edited by BBM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Living Players:

Spoiler

Mello

Kokichi Ouma

Nagito Komaeda

Lapis Lazuli

Omar Little

Toshio Ozaki

Dead Players:

Spoiler

Dr. Crowler, Town Vanilla - Lynched Day 1

Titania Andersen, Vanilla Serial Killer - Killed Night 1

Rick, Mafia Vanilla - Killed Night 1

Faye Valentine, Town Sidekick - Lynched Day 2

Mercenary Kratos, Town Doctor - Killed Night 2

Endeavor, Town Vanilla - Lynched Day 3

The Batter, Town 1x Vengeful - Killed Night 3

Beast, Mafia 1x Strongman - Killed during Interlude

Toshio Ozaki, Town Hijacker - Lynched Day 4

Nagito Komaeda, Town Amnesiac - Killed Night 4

Day Start/Votals Links:

Day 1: 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, End

Day 2: 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5, End

Day 3: 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, End

Interlude

Day 4: 4.1, End

Day 5

Edited by BBM

updated character list (14/14):

Mello (Death Note)

Rick (Rick and Morty)

The Batter (OFF)

Kokichi Ouma (Danganronpa 3)

Kratos (Tales of Symphonia)

Nagito Komaeda (Danganronpa 2)

Lapis Lazuli (Steven Universe)

Endeavor (Boku no Hero Academia)

Dr. Crowler (Yugioh GX)

Titania (Pokemon Reborn)

Faye Valentine (Cowboy Bebop)

Omar Little (The Wire)

Beast (Beauty and the Beast)

Toshio Ozaki (Shiki)

Edited by BBM

I'm sending out anonymous account info now (check whichever method of communication you used to sign up). Also I'm going to be using the second post of the thread for player list and phase links since I can't add more to the OP without messing the stuff in there atm. A couple of the names are slightly different due to name conflicts.

Okay, all account information has been sent out. Let me know if you have any trouble logging in. Also, change your display pic to something more appropriate for your character.

Please message me in some way with your role pick. A reminder that if you pick a role that gets picked first by someone higher in the draft order than you, your role is Vanilla. 

I'll start the game once draft phase has finished (that'll double as the confirmation phase). Happy drafting!

Edited by BBM

• BBM changed the title to Antihero Anonydraft Mafia (Draft Phase)

So I realized I didn't actually give a deadline for submitting draft picks- please submit them by midnight today PST and then I'll start the game tomorrow at 2PM PST.

Also making a rule change- *YLO will not be announced because it could potentially give away the alignments of some roles, which would be against the spirit of this kind of game where any role could be any alignment. The setup numbers are 10/3/1 however, so you should be able to more or less figure out how much danger you're in.

Edited by BBM

Day 1 has started. Phase ends at 2 PM PST on January 6th. 

There are 14 players alive, so 8 votes are required to hammer. However, since it's D1, the player with the most votes at the end of the phase will be lynched even without a hammer (a tie will result in a no lynch).

• BBM changed the title to Antihero Anonydraft Mafia (Day 1)

First post, wubba lubba dub dub; BBM you liar, you said it would start at 2 PM, and it's 1:51 PM. You'd be dead meat if I didn't get first.

15 minutes ago, BBM said:

Okay, role PMs are going out now. I will also be adding Kaiba to your role PMs. He will act as a co-mod (but direct questions to me first).

Guys, guys, I just read over the mechanics and rules, and BBM never said no hidden players! Kaiba is the hidden player, confirmed.

##Vote: Kaiba

##Vote: Rick

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humour is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer’s head. There’s also Rick’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realise that they’re not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick & Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn’t appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick’s existential catchphrase “Wubba Lubba Dub Dub,” which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev’s Russian epic Fathers and Sons. I’m smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon’s genius wit unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

1 minute ago, BBM said:

There are no hidden players. This has been added to the rules.

It was a joke, mate!

1 minute ago, Titania Andersen said:

##Vote: Rick

You forgot the best part. I bet you don't even watch Rick and Morty. #ftfy

And yes, by the way, i DO have a Rick & Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It’s for the ladies’ eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they’re within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personnel kid ?

1 minute ago, Mercenary Kratos said:

You'd think someone that could travel through dimensions and worlds would have the ability to not suck at posting in a timely manner on the internet.

Morty was using my portal gun, I can't help it when that addlepated simpleton ruins my plans.

2 minutes ago, Mercenary Kratos said:

##Vote: Endeavor

Chill out man.

Just take your time man.

2 minutes ago, Kokichi Ouma said:

Hey. Hey Kratos. Hey, hey, hey. Kratos.

No vote?

##Vote KoKichi Ouma