[DATAMINE] Special Heroes Coming! Hoshidan New Years Banner - From Dec. 31

Coolmanio

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

I think people are taking the spoiler tag thing too far.

Anyway, it's Fates, I'm free to save orbs.

I mean, I thought that too. Until a mod edited my comment. I honestly thought spoilers were obvious in a thread like this but what can you do?

I'm still going to pull on this banner because I like that M!Corrin looks to be a bit tanky. Colorless Hell draws near to claim my orbs.

EDIT: Looks to be less about spoilers and more about policy. Oh well. Not that big of a deal.

Edited by saisymbolic

2 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

It really does seem a bit unfair to have three super limited banners right in a row. I saved particularly for this potential party fest but I know a lot of F2P don't have that option and that's pretty bummy. 

I kind of expected an explosion of cool limited content at the end of the year, but I was also expecting IS to give us some kind of christmas gift/event to ease us into it? I guess I'm too naïve lol

• Ice Dragon changed the title to [DATAMINE] Special Heroes Coming! Hoshidan New Years Banner - From Dec. 31
2 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I mean we aren't even sure she sings technically" right? The screens I've seen from the datamine don't confirm that.

Spoiler

At least one of them is a dancer with that new def refresh skill. Azura just seems like the most likely option. 

Edited by DarkLordIvy

3 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

I mean we aren't even sure she sings technically" right? The screens I've seen from the datamine don't confirm that.

Spoiler

There is a new dance skill with a yellow background (DEF-boosting skill, I guess)

Edit: Ninja'd (also adding in spoiler box :/)

Edited by SageOfAnys

3 minutes ago, saisymbolic said:

I mean, I thought that too. Until a mod edited my comment. I honestly thought spoilers were obvious in a thread like this but what can you do?

I'm still going to pull on this banner because I like that M!Corrin looks to be a bit tanky. Colorless Hell draws near to claim my orbs.

EDIT: Looks to be less about spoilers and more about policy. Oh well. Not that big of a deal.

Just now, Liliesgrace said:

Thank you Ice Dragon for fixing things! Sorry I didn't use spoiler tags on my first post, though it shouldn't be a mistake repeated.

@Coolmanio

I've put a datamine warning on the thread title, which means people no longer have to use spoilers here. Mostly because I don't want to keep policing this topic since the banner doesn't come out for a few days.

10 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

It really does seem a bit unfair to have three super limited banners right in a row. I saved particularly for this potential party fest but I know a lot of F2P don't have that option and that's pretty bummy. 

I wouldn't call Gunnthra's banner super limited. It's a bunch of returning characters plus a new one who will be back in a month and probably most months for a while.

3 minutes ago, Alexmender said:
  Hide contents

Someone said that Azura gets a Firesweep axe (or something equivalent). If true, that's nuts! I'd have to pull 2 of them (1 for my flier team and a second one for Raven).

It sure doesn't look like a Firesweep Axe would... but people are saying on Discord it has the effect anyway? Weird.

I'm pretty sure that the other one is Azura, plus obvs Takumi.  Tbh I was never an Azura fan, and I'm legit sick of seeing her in literally everything idk why ppl like her so much.  She's so bland it blows my mind.

At any rate, I'm surprised they pulled out a new seasonal banner when the legendary hero one is about to drop :O I haven't got Christmas Chrom yet on my main account :/

...also d*mn, y'all, people have lots to say about this! I started typing this before I took a shower and now suddenly there's 100+ new replies before I submitted it.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

I wouldn't call Gunnthra's banner super limited. It's a bunch of returning characters plus a new one who will be back in a month and probably most months for a while.

It sure doesn't look like a Firesweep Axe would... but people are saying on Discord it has the effect anyway? Weird.

Seasonal weapons are allowed to have whatever effect they want, really.

2 minutes ago, mewyeon said:

I'm pretty sure that the other one is Azura, plus obvs Takumi.  Tbh I was never an Azura fan, and I'm legit sick of seeing her in literally everything idk why ppl like her so much.  She's so bland it blows my mind.

At any rate, I'm surprised they pulled out a new seasonal banner when the legendary hero one is about to drop :O I haven't got Christmas Chrom yet on my main account :/

...also d*mn, y'all, people have lots to say about this! I started typing this before I took a shower and now suddenly there's 100+ new replies before I submitted it.

Some Hoshidan characters are being featured. Minds were blown.

Edited by Liliesgrace

6 minutes ago, Alexmender said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Someone said that Azura gets a Firesweep axe (or something equivalent). If true, that's nuts! I'd have to pull 2 of them (1 for my flier team and a second one for Raven).

I think I saw that original post and it was just a joke to make people panic about ridiculously powerful seasonals/having to pull just to get SI fodder

As far as I can tell, no descriptions of the weapons have been datamined yet...

8 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

@Coolmanio

I've put a datamine warning on the thread title, which means people no longer have to use spoilers here. Mostly because I don't want to keep policing this topic since the banner doesn't come out for a few days.

Could we make that a thing for all future Banner threads?  People inevitably talk about the datamines, and it would save everyone the trouble.

1 minute ago, SageOfAnys said:

I think I saw that original post and it was just a joke to make people panic about ridiculously powerful seasonals/having to pull just to get SI fodder

There are at least three weapon descriptions datamined so far, but none of them have a Firesweep effect. There's a Drive Def/Res effect on Corrin's bow and something else, and apparently Takumi's dagger has a Killer/Slaying effect.

1 minute ago, SageOfAnys said:

Really? Aww, a Firesweep Axe in the form of a good luck charm would've been awesome. 

There's still a chance it is so I'll keep my hopes that it is one.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Could we make that a thing for all future Banner threads?  People inevitably talk about the datamines, and it would save everyone the trouble.

Datamines for banners don't usually show up between a banner's announcement and its trailer, so it isn't usually as big of an issue as this time.

2 minutes ago, Poimagic said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Looks like Erika and Ephriam are getting a rerun BHB, there will be a voting gauntlet, no new maps with the legendary banner, and Anna is getting quests.

Snoooooore :/

A bit disappointing, but with what happened this month, not too surprising :/

Just now, Coolmanio said:

Snoooooore :/

A bit disappointing, but with what happened this month, not too surprising :/

I know, right? Way to disappointing. Also, I'm missing out on some of these discussions. I want gamepress to update faster so I can see the skills of the units and there weapons.

Just now, Rezzy said:

Once the datamine happens, it would be nice for the topic starter to put that in the title. Preempting it would be nice, too.

I just won't always be around to police things, though. And as @Othin said, it doesn't happen all that often, and I don't really care too much about when the datamine is like 3 hours before the banner actually hits, which is what happens most of the time.