[DATAMINE] Special Heroes Coming! Hoshidan New Years Banner - From Dec. 31

Coolmanio

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a +HP -Atk NY!Azura. Considering she's a support unit and that she shouldn't be attacking full HP enemies, I think I'm happy with that boon/bane. I'll try to go for at least another one for merge, since I anyway need some units for SI fodder that are green

I got a +HP/-DEF Azura, and honestly yours might be a little better as far as pure support goes since she has 40 HP and with Fortify Fliers she can at least attempt to have respectable DEF (also 32 RES, which is pretty alright if you ask me), plus you can throw an Emerald Axe+ on her to solve her ATK problem (only against Blues, but still).

Got Azura on my third pull of the banner. Gives me some hope that this'll go better than Winter's Envoy (though to be fair, I did get Sigurd out of that banner, so it wasn't a total loss). Gonna descend into Colorless Hell in the new year 'cause I want Takumi, and getting a Leon or a Gordin/Felicia/Matthew with a good nature wouldn't be so bad either.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

Summoned Camilla (and a +Spd/-Res Katarina) with about 50 orbs, which I'm pretty happy about.  

Anyone surprised that the New Years Banner is relatively underwhelming unit-wise?  We've had a steady stream of powercreep units released ever since Ayra was introduced, including the Christmas banner with high BST units with broken new skills (Brazen attack, Bold Fighter, and Vengeful FIghter).  

Takumi came to me on my second pull. 

A New Years Nephenee, who happens to look remarkably like a normal Nephenee, also came to me while I tried to pull for Azura. Given up on Azura for now since pulling for greens has become somewhat frustrating. 

7 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

So, has anyone figured out where Corrin's going to come in?

I'm hoping tomorrow as a free unit, like the one tweeted about, but we shall see. Nothing concrete yet that I'm aware of. 

1 hour ago, Cute Chao said:

I'm hoping tomorrow as a free unit, like the one tweeted about, but we shall see. Nothing concrete yet that I'm aware of. 

I bet the tempest this month will be fates themed wit hthe new year units + some rando (Ryoma? Normal Azura? Who knows) as the 40% and Corrin as the freebie.

4 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Summoned Camilla (and a +Spd/-Res Katarina) with about 50 orbs, which I'm pretty happy about.  

Anyone surprised that the New Years Banner is relatively underwhelming unit-wise?  We've had a steady stream of powercreep units released ever since Ayra was introduced, including the Christmas banner with high BST units with broken new skills (Brazen attack, Bold Fighter, and Vengeful FIghter).  

Ayy, I'm glad we both got her. I sunk 130 orbs into this banner for 2 Camillas and an Azura. My first Camilla was -spd so I kept trying and actually a +spd one. Finally some good luck!.

If anything I'd say it's a good thing these units aren't too nuts. We'd really be heading for the moon quick if every banner one after the other was increasingly more power creep. You could say Azura might be semi-power creep in itself just for being a flying dancer, though. Camilla also seems better than people are giving her credit for. Corrin and Takumi though.. at least Takumi's weapon is kind of creep, since it's the highest MT dagger, I think, with the killer effect on top of it.

My streak of seemingly good IVs that actually aren't continues!  Got NY!Azura, +Spd/-HP.  So +Spd is amazing, but then -HP drops her a BST tier.  This just keeps happening, but that's fine.  It's funny at this point.

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Said to be during "an event in January".

Sounds like the next TT, since otherwise I can't imagine they'd wait beyond this week to give him to us.

41 minutes ago, GinRei said:

Sounds like the next TT, since otherwise I can't imagine they'd wait beyond this week to give him to us.

It would be strange to get him later than the first week of January, he is a New Year unit after all.

Well, thinking of it, it wouldn't be more strange than putting regular Ryoma in a New Year vs Christmas VG ...

Haha! Scored flier Azura! +Spd/-Atk which isn't bad since she's meant to be a support unit! Only took me 9 orbs (and also got me a +Res/-Def 4* Nino).

Edited by Roflolxp54

oh boy a New Year Azura with Guidance and Wings of Mercy is very random and annoying to deal with.

Also a New Year Azura with Flying Formation in a Flyer-Emblem is also annoyning to deal with.

17 hours ago, Alkaid said:

Ayy, I'm glad we both got her. I sunk 130 orbs into this banner for 2 Camillas and an Azura. My first Camilla was -spd so I kept trying and actually a +spd one. Finally some good luck!.

If anything I'd say it's a good thing these units aren't too nuts. We'd really be heading for the moon quick if every banner one after the other was increasingly more power creep. You could say Azura might be semi-power creep in itself just for being a flying dancer, though. Camilla also seems better than people are giving her credit for. Corrin and Takumi though.. at least Takumi's weapon is kind of creep, since it's the highest MT dagger, I think, with the killer effect on top of it.

Nice! As the leaders of the SF Camilla fanclub we definitely deserved to pull her.  I think she's pretty good, just not as good as Elincia.  I would have preferred Camilla as a nuke rather than a physical tank/support unit, but it works.  I'm building her as a Brave Sword+ unit in lieu of having Elinicia, and then have a second moveset as a support-tank.  I thought about a Wo Dao+ build but decided against it when I realized she'd be a second-rate Minerva due to the Hauteclere upgrade.

Azura is the closest to powercreep IMO obviously due to being a Dancer with access to flier movement and buffs, but that's mainly due to her unique unit status rather than her stats.  And if Geishamilla was a powercreep Elincia we'd all be in trouble (which would be fine by me).

1 hour ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Nice! As the leaders of the SF Camilla fanclub we definitely deserved to pull her.  I think she's pretty good, just not as good as Elincia.  I would have preferred Camilla as a nuke rather than a physical tank/support unit, but it works.  I'm building her as a Brave Sword+ unit in lieu of having Elinicia, and then have a second moveset as a support-tank.  I thought about a Wo Dao+ build but decided against it when I realized she'd be a second-rate Minerva due to the Hauteclere upgrade.

Azura is the closest to powercreep IMO obviously due to being a Dancer with access to flier movement and buffs, but that's mainly due to her unique unit status rather than her stats.  And if Geishamilla was a powercreep Elincia we'd all be in trouble (which would be fine by me).

It's so good to have her come home to her loyal fans. I was really expecting to get bodied by this banner, so I'm glad it turned out good. Here's my thicc girl, I already went all-in on her build.

Spoiler

b75721d8bb.PNG

I tried running a lot calculator matchups and she seems pretty on par with Elincia, to my surprise. With flier buffs, without, against regular units, against +10 units with fury, etc. At least for calculator results, Elincia's got a higher kill spread, though not by too much, while Camilla's got less losses from her bulk. I'm also mainly going off Camilla with Fury instead of LaD, where she'd have a bit higher kill count. She's got a great offensive spread and can be flexible with a good enemy phase too. I don't mind building her similarly to Minerva since they're different colors anyway. (not to mention I still don't have a Minerva) And Camilla seems pretty equal to Minerva's numbers too, despite the Hauteclere forge. Though different colors means it's not as much of a comparison like with Elincia. Either way, I'm happy to use both her and my Elincia, and I'm so glad she's actually good.

Now we just have to wait for if they'll ever help regular Camilla become half as good as her seasonal alts. We just gotta wait for the OP CYL Camilla bro.

Edited by Alkaid

5 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Nice! As the leaders of the SF Camilla fanclub we definitely deserved to pull her.  I think she's pretty good, just not as good as Elincia.

Requesting membership of this fan club. :)

I like Elincia a lot but she has some issues with Brave Ike who is sadly one of the most common greens. I'll probably try to use Camilla more long-term because although I'm a big fan of both characters, I like New Year Camilla's art a lot more than Elincia's FEH art.

I was going to go for all three, but after having to use my 80 stocked orbs and getting nothing (even though I was pulling on all of the orbs) I gave up on that idea. I used the Jan orbs and some extra bought ones to get the soup prince and quit the banner.

On a kind of related side note, I keep reading the NY that people are putting on the characters name (NYTakumi, NYAzura, NYCamilla) as New York XD.

9 hours ago, YingofDarkness said:

On a kind of related side note, I keep reading the NY that people are putting on the characters name (NYTakumi, NYAzura, NYCamilla) as New York XD.

I keep reading NYAzura as Nyazura and can't help but imagine her in Halloween Sakura's outfit meowing lmao

On 12/31/2017 at 10:08 AM, Jingle Jangle said:

It's neat that Hoshido and Nohr actually have different languages with Camillia asking Azura to be called "oneesan" and the other Japaneses references in the paralogues. I wish that the idea was brought out more in Fates.

How the hell did they pull it off in English?

Did they actually say "oneesan" in roomaji like the daikichi?

2 minutes ago, shadowofchaos said:

How the hell did they pull it off in English?

Did they actually say "oneesan" in roomaji like the daikichi?

That is exactly what they did. I’m still not sure weather to laugh or groan personally. 

7 minutes ago, DarkLordIvy said:

That is exactly what they did. I’m still not sure weather to laugh or groan personally. 

I asked on Twitter.

Seeing it made me cringe.

Then again I cringe at a lot of things being the weeb I am.

Especially nicknames I've seen going around.

Yukatazura

Geishamilla

Edited by shadowofchaos

On ‎1‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 6:22 PM, Dark Holy Elf said:

Requesting membership of this fan club. :)

I like Elincia a lot but she has some issues with Brave Ike who is sadly one of the most common greens. I'll probably try to use Camilla more long-term because although I'm a big fan of both characters, I like New Year Camilla's art a lot more than Elincia's FEH art.

Request granted.  Welcome aboard! 

@AlkaidIt would be pretty amusing if IS brought back the CYL for the 1 year anniversary and featured Camilla and Tharja as the female units.  

Edited by Charmeleonbrah