Voting Gauntlet: Winter Festival vs. New Year’s!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Winter Festival vs. New Year’s!  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

• Robin, Festive Tactician
    • Lissa, Pure Joy
    • Chrom, Gifted Leader
    • Tharja, “Normal Girl”
    • Azura, Celebratory Spirit
    • Camilla, Holiday Traveller
    • Takumi, Prince of Soup
    • Ryoma, Peerless Samurai

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/07/2018 at 05:00 AM

1 minute ago, C. Turtle said:

I assume they're probably having him as a free unit rather than a banner character as a sign of "generosity" after how much everyone seemed to be complaining about how they handled Christmas, and December in general. That's my assumption, at least. Characters take time to make, the artwork especially having to likely be done in advance, so it's not like they can just make another unit to give away for free at the drop of a hat.

That was actually one of the possibilities I mentioned: him not being in the banner/VG was unplanned and they had to grab someone else.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

I suppose in a business, you don't just go for the 'good amount', you go for the 'best amount'. 

1 minute ago, coldhand25 said:

I still do beleive they are going for the ones that will make the most money, even if it doesn't make sense (like Camille in a hoshidan banner). If that wouldn't be the case, we would've got more units from older games, cause I'm not gonna lie, I'm still pretty pissed about how they are only going for Fates and Awakening (even tho it is my favourite), and ignore older games... I think we only have Lyn and Roy with more than one version (I might be wrong tho)...

There has to be diminishing returns on using the same characters over and over.  You have to keep the whole customer base happy, not just a few.

Pre3DS characters have only seen a total of 2 holiday units so far.  I don't hate the 3DS characters and actually like quite a few of them, but it's getting ridiculous at this point.

3 minutes ago, coldhand25 said:

I still do beleive they are going for the ones that will make the most money, even if it doesn't make sense (like Camille in a hoshidan banner). If that wouldn't be the case, we would've got more units from older games, cause I'm not gonna lie, I'm still pretty pissed about how they are only going for Fates and Awakening (even tho it is my favourite), and ignore older games... I think we only have Lyn and Roy with more than one version (I might be wrong tho)...

edit: yeah, I'm wrong, we have Ike as well...

And Caeda. That's it.

1 minute ago, Vince777 said:

And Caeda. That's it.

Right... Man, do I wanna see at least a seasonal Eirika + Ephraim... Here's for hoping 2018 will bring us some fresh content, after all the first anniversary is just around the corner.

The way I see it, Takumi should eek out a win over Ryoma in round 1 from a modest numbers advantage. He's the only of these units I own, so I intend to join him in round 2, maybe cheese a victory over whichever lady he's fighting. So my Round 1 ought to be...oh Chrom, that's an easy pick for biggest loser.

5 hours ago, Javi Blizz said:

I think I'll be joining team Robin. At very first I was upset he broke my pity rate when snipping red (you know guys, those summoning sesions where there are no red orbs), but he has proven that is a monster, and I'm pretty happy with that. Anyone who wants to add me, my ID is 6390206444, and my lead is my Palla, which should help against greens (although I don't think Robin needs help in a 3 vs 3 tbh xd)

I sent you a request. For anyone who wants to add me for team Robin, my ID is: 5559303656. I’ll go Frederick, but if you want me to change something else, just quote me.

If I could pull Ryoma I would totally choose him. 

With one too many VG having having units from recent or seasonal banners, it puts the damper on the whole thing. It id less of 'whos your favorite out of this large pull of existing units' to more 'whos your favorite out of these recently released units' and you only have 5-10-30 days to pull them. 

10 minutes ago, coldhand25 said:

Right... Man, do I wanna see at least a seasonal Eirika + Ephraim... Here's for hoping 2018 will bring us some fresh content, after all the first anniversary is just around the corner.

I'm really hoping for a fresh batch of not-so popular heroes to rejuvenate the 3* library.

Just characters they wouldn't use for banners anyway who they also wouldn't need to make overpowered. 

Edited by Vince777

1 minute ago, Vince777 said:

I'm really hoping for a fresh batch of not-so popular heroes to rejuvenate the 3* library.

Just characters they wouldn't use for banners anyway who they also wouldn't need to make overpowered. 

Maybe to keep them from having to make brand new units, they could just drop some of the 4* and 5*s into the 3* pool.

3 minutes ago, Vince777 said:

This is my biggest hope for them to bolster the 3* pool. I believe they'll decide it's too much work, but there are so many characters that people likely won't pay for, and it would be nice to actually be excited about 3* units again. 

5 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Maybe to keep them from having to make brand new units, they could just drop some of the 4* and 5*s into the 3* pool.

I'm fairly sure that will happen eventually. 

I just hope that's not all that happens  because many units just don't have a chance to make it into a banner and the only way I see them getting in is through a need for a larger easily pullable cast.

I'm confident at least something will be done about the pool of characters for the 1st year anniversary.

Edited by Vince777

I think I'm going to give my S!Corrin this time. After all Airzura has Hone Fliers so Corrin's Blarblade+ is going to tear apart almost everything. Or I can give Sophia if bows become too much of a hassle.

2 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

Yeah, it does seem odd. I don't like the fact that it's a three person seasonal banner, 'cos it makes me think all the ones in the future are going to turn out like that. While I do get a bit tired of seasonals, it's still fun to see the characters and I know which way it's going to be weighted. I'm hoping that's my doom and gloom side, though. If they were going to do a freebie unit, why not just make Corrin the freebie unit from the Tempest? I honestly had no desire for a third 5* Lucina, especially before we get any other repeats, and especially since we were all hopeful repeats would only be on mini tempests >.<

Who is this 'Hinoka' of whom you speak? She has no boobs, therefore doesn't exist (apparently). 

If I get a unit that's the same colour, I just delete that friend. Harsh, but I'm not attached to anyone on my friend's list save about three, and they all know not to put a same colour unit on. I do hope they stop making it where you get the same friends' units again and again, though. 

She exists in my heart. :(

also from what i read on other boards, she has those thighs at least that people are fans of

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

She exists in my heart. :(

also from what i read on other boards, she has those thighs at least that people are fans of

She doesn't have the trousers I like, though :( 

It would have been nice to see her. It really sucks Camilla is in this. It's such a tenuous link. At least Corrin correlates with the Nohrian Summer, but Camilla is just such a mick-take, especially since she's already been on a banner. But boobs. 

4 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

She doesn't have the trousers I like, though :( 

It would have been nice to see her. It really sucks Camilla is in this. It's such a tenuous link. At least Corrin correlates with the Nohrian Summer, but Camilla is just such a mick-take, especially since she's already been on a banner. But boobs. 

Trousers stink; skirts are where it's at.

So, after some thought. . .

Team Lobster it is.  If I can't pull a festive unit, I might as well go with the guy who's dressed normally. . .well, relatively speaking.

If anyone wants me to change my lead from Leon, do give a holler~!

It sort of belatedly hit me that this is now Tharja's fourth gauntlet. And Camilla's third. Lissa, Chrom, Robin, Takumi, and Ryoma's second.

Makes me wonder even harder why they even bothered to put Tharja in the mage gauntlet and the enduring love gauntlet. I'm so tired of seeing the same characters over and over and over again.

3 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I’ll be supporting Azura, and my friend code is 5169618143 if anyone wants Performing Azura on their side.

Generally your lead unit should be a different colour from your team. Remember that your teammates will be trying to win with Azura, who is green, for the 10% boost, and the biggest risk they have of losing is drawing only green allies and facing a red team, so you sending them another green unit is unhelpful.

Definitely supporting Lobster Lord this time around, partially out of spite for him and Hinoka not being part of the banner, and partially because I don't have the other characters.

I may or may not have fed both Christmas Robin and NY Camilla to Hinoka. Camilla mostly out of spite, but also because I'm collecting all the skills I can on Hinoka as a grand project >.>

42 minutes ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Generally your lead unit should be a different colour from your team. Remember that your teammates will be trying to win with Azura, who is green, for the 10% boost, and the biggest risk they have of losing is drawing only green allies and facing a red team, so you sending them another green unit is unhelpful.

Very well, in that case I’ll switch my lead unit to Brave Lucina to counter red enemies.

Man, I still don't know who to ally with. I have the two of the Christmas units, but I'm deciding not join that side. And Camilla is not an option out of spite, and so that leaves me with Takumi, Azura, and Ryoma. Oh who am I kidding, Team Takumi, here I come! I don't know what my lead will be yet. It depends on who the enemy is.