Voting Gauntlet: Winter Festival vs. New Year’s!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Winter Festival vs. New Year’s!  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

• Robin, Festive Tactician
    • Lissa, Pure Joy
    • Chrom, Gifted Leader
    • Tharja, “Normal Girl”
    • Azura, Celebratory Spirit
    • Camilla, Holiday Traveller
    • Takumi, Prince of Soup
    • Ryoma, Peerless Samurai

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/07/2018 at 05:00 AM

44 minutes ago, Nanima said:

Dear fellow Team Azura members... slow the fuck down. I'm currently ranked in the 89ks. I need at least some multipliers before the last ~3 hours since I cannot partake in those.

Europeans need a decent mix of victory feathers + earlyish multipliers to be able to get anywhere close to what other timezones get. The multiplier system is better than nothing, but I still don't like being disadvantaged like this.

You are not the only one, I have hardly played and am not ranked right now.  Everyone seems to be blowing their flags early, hopefully later today those people will be out of flags.  Team Azura seems to be forgetting that the VG last through tomorrow.

Edited by EricaofRenais

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, it should've been Same this hour. :/ With that small of a difference, Ryoma could've gotten Weaker in his last hour. But I'm complaining about an inherently flawed system, so whatever. 

18 minutes ago, Aera said:

To be honest, it should've been Same this hour. :/ With that small of a difference, Ryoma could've gotten Weaker in his last hour. But I'm complaining about an inherently flawed system, so whatever. 

Huh? The difference to be Weaker/Stronger instead of Same is a percentage difference, not an absolute score difference. Same only occurs if the team in the lead is ahead by less than 1%.

Azura is currently ahead by 1.82%, which is greater than the 1% threshold to be Weaker/Stronger.

In Ryoma's last hour, Azura was only ahead by 0.87%, which is less than the 1% threshold and therefore was Same.

Last night I was playing EO2:U and I completely forgot that the gauntlet (and, well, FEH) existed. Pretty sure I caught the first multiplier, but since I don't dump a lot of flags, if any, on those anymore my score was pretty much really bad when I went to bed. Woke up to find that I had indeed gone unranked (called it), but was lucky enough to catch the tail end of an Azura multiplier. Put 200 flags to buffer my score, and I'm now just under 40,000.

Freaking multipliers make such a big difference in your score and ranking. It's really unfair to people who miss them because of time zones or having a life. It'd be nice if the team's score was affected by multipliers, but the personal score either wasn't or didn't take them into as big consideration.

2 minutes ago, Ciarre said:

Has anyone on team Azura been getting my Ayra (wo dao/wrath/DC/qp) and how has she been working for you?

I might switch to SCorn or Elincia later for fun. 

I got her at least once. I that match, she was really good, so thanks!

Put in 300 flags in the multiplier a few hours ago and am now sitting at around 14k. Will be fun to see how much that drops, now that I am headed for bed.

Also, now that we are no longer facing Ryouma, I thought bringing in colourless could be helpful. Put up my OG BraveBow!Takumi.

Edited by Nanima

It looks like this round, I'm getting @LordFrigid's Caeda and @Astellius's and @HyperBowser's Tikis. You guys make this game too easy for me. :]

Anyone got my Soleil yet (the one running Swordbreaker)? Anyone who has gotten my Soleil have any preferences for tomorrow's unit pick (otherwise it'll be Elise again)?

9 minutes ago, Silent shifter said:

Still waiting for a multiplier in Team Azura. Have 500 flags in my possession and I am still salty that I cant even summon NY! Azura from the banner.

The next one will most likely be either in 1 hour 5 minutes or 3 hours 5 minutes depending on whether or not the score is Same next hour.

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Huh? The difference to be Weaker/Stronger instead of Same is a percentage difference, not an absolute score difference. Same only occurs if the team in the lead is ahead by less than 1%.

Azura is currently ahead by 1.82%, which is greater than the 1% threshold to be Weaker/Stronger.

In Ryoma's last hour, Azura was only ahead by 0.87%, which is less than the 1% threshold and therefore was Same.

Oh. Oops. I didn’t keep track of the exact percentage. Thank you for explaining.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It looks like this round, I'm getting @LordFrigid's Caeda and @Astellius's and @HyperBowser's Tikis. You guys make this game too easy for me. :]

Anyone got my Soleil yet (the one running Swordbreaker)? Anyone who has gotten my Soleil have any preferences for tomorrow's unit pick (otherwise it'll be Elise again)?

I quite literally just got out of a battle with her, she’s awesome. I was a little confused when she showed up alongside some vanilla Hector, since I hadn’t seen her before, but I figured it out.

Elise is fine by me. I enjoy watching her win maps with song support.

~

I switched in Jeorge for the evening/night in case anyone needs colorless for quests. I’ll go back to Caeda or Tana in the morning.

Currently on Team Pegazura and cleared a few people off my Friend list who haven't been online in a month.

If anyone wants to befriend me, ID is in my signature. Currently sending out Sanaki as my loan unit.

20 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I quite literally just got out of a battle with her, she’s awesome. I was a little confused when she showed up alongside some vanilla Hector, since I hadn’t seen her before, but I figured it out.

I finished building her so recently, even I haven't had the chance to actually use her with her full build yet. I'm jealous. (Voting Gauntlet feel like the perfect time to try out my newer characters, but I can't use my own units.)

Won a match with 3 greens on my side against Tiki, Alm and flying Azura. A pretty cool BH!Ike +10 (Steady Breath, Wrath, Heavy Blade, Aether) from my friend list did the most work. 

Didn't get many multipliers today, sitting on 1.5k flags. 

8 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

While true, that wouldn't put you ahead of the pack because you can always run additional runs without flags to creep your score up, and anyone else competing for feathers will be doing so.

This means that the optimal strategy to score well without multipliers is to stay awake for 45 hours straight and play every 30 minutes on the dot with a 3-hour nap in between rounds or at the very least sleep as little as physically possible.

With the current multiplier system, unless the two teams are very close in size (which happened with Robin v. Lissa), even the larger team is generally going to get a multiplier once every 3-8 hours (shorter at the beginning and end of the round), making it easier to score well while only needing to be awake and online for a few key multiplier hours.

As I explained above, the multiplier system means you don't have to play all day every day. To score well, you only need to be online during some of the multiplier hours, and you can deliberately set yourself up for making it easy by picking the team that is most likely to get curbstomped because that team will typically have 30+ multiplier hours over the 45-hour duration of the round.

I think people vilify the multiplier system without actually putting any real amount of thought into it. It's certainly not perfect, but it's not the demon that everyone seems to make it out to be.

I'm not strongly against the multiplier but I certainly believe there's room for improvement, so I'm just spitballing here. I do realise a flaw in my earlier proposal of being able to play with a 0x score though - there would be potential stalemates where both teams gain exactly 0 points while waiting for the multiplier to kick in. So actually, forcing players to spend a nominal amount of flags to earn more flags from quests would be necessary. In the first hour of each round the five login flags would be spent to get the ball rolling. Past the first hour, the same hell threshold might need to be eliminated to prevent stalemates, and I admittedly haven't fully thought out the implications of that.

The other unaddressed issue I guess was the rounds ending at impractical times in Europe. This doesn't affect me personally since each round ends at the rather convenient time of 3pm here, but I can see how it certainly can suck. I wonder if eliminating same hell (multiplier kicks in at a single point lead) means that we could potentially return to a fixed multiplier like how they tried earlier on. Alternatively, a crude-ish band-aid might be to increase the multiplier by 0.5x every 5 hours rather than by 0.1x every hour.

Of course, there's always the option of just putting 10000 feathers across the three rounds in quests everyone can do, and removing all feathers associated with ranks and victory. Or even better, delete the game mode and send us 10000 feathers in the mailbox every month. :D

RIP. I missed the second half of the Azura multiplier because I thought it reset like it always had. The multipliers had always started at 4 minutes after the hour and ended around the same time for me. I went in for my battle at two minutes after the hour and didn't get it because apparently it had already rolled over... Oh well. 

Of all the things to fix.... XD

That one multiplier hour for Azura took me from rank 100k+ to 28k in the army and from 4k to 1,445k in total.

Seriously... I wish I hadn't passed on that 4.5x multiplier this afternoon or I'd probably be in the top 10k. I underestimated how few multipliers Azura would be getting.

EDIT: ...But...wait.... what? But why?... I don't... even...

6yDv0lj.png

I want you to pay very close attention to this image and tell me what's wrong with it.

Edited by Zeo

My ranking tanked hard this round. I'll have to keep an alarm whenever the next Airzura multiplier comes because as it is I've only taken the 5.1x even when I could've taken the 4.5x but refused to because it seemed too low and I don't have many flags to spare.

35 minutes ago, Zeo said:

I want you to pay very close attention to this image and tell me what's wrong with it.

Maybe they gave her Wrathful before the Healer upgrade, and after that they plan to change her B slot to something else but haven't gotten the SP yet.

On 1/4/2018 at 11:14 PM, NSSKG151 said:

Also, I've seen @LordFrigid's Tana and @Astellius's Tiki a lot during round 2. They both very helpful and contributed a lot to my victories.

On 1/4/2018 at 11:20 PM, LordFrigid said:

The shout-outs for this round go to @Ice Dragon's Elise/Cordelia and @Astellius's Tiki, who all basically face-rolled through every map they showed up on. I also got some person named Nova's +10 Ephraim a lot, but I don't think he/she is on this board.

Hopefully Tana and Jeorge put in work for all of you that saw them. As always, any existing or incoming Team Azura folk are welcome to send or ask me to send them a friend request (8566518658). I'd prefer a tag, quote, or PM letting me know you've done so.

I'm glad Tiki has been making the rounds and serving you guys well! @LordFrigid, your Tana visited me quite often in the last round, and she performed excellently, of course. I believe I got your Caeda a couple times earlier today, along with Jeorge for some of the more recent rounds!

@Ice Dragon's Elise/Cordelia was a frequent visitor for me as well last round.

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Happy to hear Tiki is doing well for you! Let me know if you need another color for quests (that goes to anyone on my friend list). My Clair has been sort of itching to be sent out for friends.

And I have gotten your Soleil!  She's awesome. I didn't really have the orbs to pull on her banner--it seems I definitely missed out! But at least I got to play with her here!