Voting Gauntlet: Winter Festival vs. New Year’s!

Vaximillian

Voting Gauntlet: Winter Festival vs. New Year’s!  

157 members have voted

1. 1. Whom are you going to support?

• Robin, Festive Tactician
    • Lissa, Pure Joy
    • Chrom, Gifted Leader
    • Tharja, “Normal Girl”
    • Azura, Celebratory Spirit
    • Camilla, Holiday Traveller
    • Takumi, Prince of Soup
    • Ryoma, Peerless Samurai

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/07/2018 at 05:00 AM

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

At this point, yes. The actual results are nothing more than a glorified coin flip at this point.

Actually, now that I think about it a bit, the closest analogy is a lottery since the chances for a team to win a round (based on early scoring early in the round) are approximately proportional to the size of the team (e.g. a team size ratio of 1 to 3 means the first team has about a 1/4 chance of winning and the second has about a 3/4 chance of winning).

Good game all! I came in 10,378 overall... darn! Was so close to the next bracket! Ah well, so it goes. Still a pretty good rank. I was in the 5k-10k bracket for Azura's army, so that was also pretty decent.

Shout outs for this round go to @Ice Dragon's Soleil and Elise, @LordFrigid's Tana, and Tiki from whoever has the username Philip (sorry about being bad about keeping track of usernames and matching them to SF names!).

So, I know that Tiki was making the rounds when I had her up, but how about Clair? Anyone get her?

55 minutes ago, MisfitMiju said:

Losing may suck but stuff like this makes it easier to deal with we'll get her next time

Glad you enjoyed it! Whenever I see the word "indignation," I always think of the Tales games... lol.

16 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Rank 678 on Team Azura with 1,465,530 points and rank 28,458 overall with 2,105,280 points. Not a bad haul.

Thanks again to @LordFrigid, @Astellius@KongDude, and @HyperBowser for the friend units across all three rounds. I don't think I had a single battle where I was outmatched (hell, LordFrigid's Tana could even kill Brave Ike if I added some chip damage in from Azura or the rando).

Thanks for Elise and Soleil! Glad Tiki served you well, along with Clair (if she ever made it over)!

5 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Actually, now that I think about it a bit, the closest analogy is a lottery since the chances for a team to win a round (based on early scoring early in the round) are approximately proportional to the size of the team (e.g. a team size ratio of 1 to 3 means the first team has about a 1/4 chance of winning and the second has about a 3/4 chance of winning).

I suppose the point I was trying to get across is that there's very much a factor of luck to these increasingly meaningless gauntlets, not unlike the one that's caused me many a loss in Mario Party and Mario Kart through no fault of my own.

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I suppose the point I was trying to get across is that there's very much a factor of luck to these increasingly meaningless gauntlets, not unlike the one that's caused me many a loss in Mario Party and Mario Kart through no fault of my own.

Not much different than playing with items on in Smash, which I personally prefer over no items. It's just part of the game.

Spoiler
7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Luck or chance is always in play. A win is a win regardless if you do it by being better or by having the other side screw up. Ask any general that got 'lucky' EPHRAIM and won the war. As long as there is a significant chance of happening, it can happen.

Edit.

I think that Mario Party is kind of pre determinate on the dice rolls. At least that was my experience on the emulator.

Edited by Rezanator

Guys, the neutral vibes over this VG are making it really hard for me to draft this thread about why Voting Gauntlet needs to change. >:(

Had to delete almost everything I drafted previously once Tharja got the boot in round 2. That was my best material! AND the victor wasn't an upset? Come ooooooooonnnnnn

4 minutes ago, Rezanator said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Luck or chance is always in play. A win is a win regardless if you do it by being better or by having the other side screw up. Ask any general that got 'lucky' EPHRAIM and won the war. As long as there is a significant chance of happening, it can happen.

Edit.

I think that Mario Party is kind of pre determinate on the dice rolls. At least that was my experience on the emulator.

Actually if I really think about it, I guess this would be the end result of how 100 people react to playing a live Mario Party game. Hate to see them ever touching Dokopan Kingdom.

Edited by Zangetsu

1 minute ago, Glennstavos said:

Guys, the neutral vibes over this VG are making it really hard for me to draft this thread about why Voting Gauntlet needs to change. >:(

Had to delete almost everything I drafted previously once Tharja got the boot in round 2. That was my best material! AND the victor wasn't an upset? Come ooooooooonnnnnn

And you say this like it's a bad thing. :P:

I think the reason why this round is relatively calm is because the victor was more-or-less decided an hour before the gauntlet ended.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Not much different than playing with items on in Smash, which I personally prefer over no items. It's just part of the game.

Yeah, that too. And good thing there aren't any hardcore Smash players around here that I know of since that's outright sacrilege to them and their stupid "Fox only, Final Destination" shit.

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, that too. And good thing there aren't any hardcore Smash players around here that I know of since that's outright sacrilege to them and their stupid "Fox only, Final Destination" shit.

No one is like that lol

It's a dumb meme. There's about six or seven stages that people play on

Come on dude

5 minutes ago, eclipse said:

I think the reason why this round is relatively calm is because the victor was more-or-less decided an hour before the gauntlet ended.

The victor of most rounds is determined about two or three hours before the end of the round, though. Team Lissa technically lost at hour 42 by not driving the score into her own side of the DMZ (which would have given her a last-hour multiplier to take the win).

I think the reason this one is relatively calm is because neither Tharja nor Camilla won, and the winner wasn't an upset.

5 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I like playing with only Bob-ombs, proximity mines, and party balls turned on (on maximum frequency). It's really fun.

3 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Yeah, come on guys, we need to open up the salt mines for business! How else are we going to fill the coffers of our armies, if not by selling salt?

But, yeah, this is a nice change!

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

And you say this like it's a bad thing. :P:

There's also the fact that Azura is also a well-liked character who isn't controversial, and also isn't a winner of a previous gauntlet.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I like playing with only Bob-ombs, proximity mines, and party balls turned on (on maximum frequency). It's really fun.

Also, turn up the starting damage and power to the maximum, and start the match with a ton of lives! Explosions and death abound.

9 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

Actually if I really think about it, I guess this would be the end result of how 100 people react to playing a live Mario Party game. Hate to see them ever touching Dokopan Kingdom.

If nintendo was competent with online gaming I would love this. I would at least settle for an online mario party with a small board. 

7 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

No one is like that lol

It's a dumb meme. There's about six or seven stages that people play on

Come on dude

Eh, it adequately gets the point that they hate fun across so whatever. And yeah, I know Final Destination isn't the only stage competitive Smash players pick but it may as well be.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

Eh, it adequately gets the point that they hate fun across so whatever. And yeah, I know Final Destination isn't the only stage competitive Smash players pick but it may as well be.

I... don't think they hate fun. Your attitude makes me think that it would be hard to convince you otherwise, though! I used to go to tournaments a bit in the past and was friends with some good ranked players, so I think you're being a little misinformed and judgmental! 

10 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

That's about as out of touch as people thinking Fire Emblem games are actually dating simulators before any other genre.

7 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

That's about as out of touch as people thinking Fire Emblem games are actually dating simulators before any other genre.

Well now that definitely is both ways more latter to former not that I and I'm obviously sure many fans aren't complaining! ^_^

Edited by Blade Lord Lyn

Round 1: 2100+500

Round 2: 2500+500

Round 3: 3100+500

Cumulative: 2600

Total: 11,800

I think I did well despite being on Azura's team the whole way through. I feel like I always get more feathers out of these Voting Gauntlets since I'm terrible at scoring well in Arena and AA.

I also want to say thanks again to @LordFrigid's units and @Astellius's Tiki despite not seeing Clair. Towards the end I was only seeing an Eliwood and Nowi from non-Sereneforest members. If nothing else its always fun trying out other people's unit in battle.