Grabbed myself a copy of Pearl, anything I can do to make a run more interesting?

Fryer

Just a disclaimer: I have owned Platinum in the past but since Sinnoh wasn't my favorite region, I gave it away to a friend who since then moved to another city. I was feeling nostalgic and decided to grab an available used copy of Pearl at my local Gamestop. Obviously this was a downgrade but since I already own SoulSilver as well as another DS, I figured I am not missing out too much since I could trade any missing Pokemon (except for Cranidos and Stunky but this doesnt bother me too much). Plus Johto has its own Battle Frontier.

I know that the Tweaking glitch can be done which lets me grab event legendaries (something that Platinum fixed) but besides this, is there anything that can make D/P more fun?

41 minutes ago, Fryer said:

This has to be a joke because the game will be too easy with an overleveled Infernape and Rapidash.

But like 80% of the reason that infernape is as good as he is is because of things like STAB Mach Punch and Close Wombat

*Edit

I was thinking to combo Fox's suggestion with Comet's suggestion, oops

Wynaut Monotype Nuzlocke or No Free Pkmn run

Edited by Elieson

11 hours ago, Zkitty8 said:

You could do a challenge run like a nuzlocke, a monotype run, or using unevolved pokemon.

Those seem to be obvious choices. I initially soloed the game with my starter so I could breeze through the first few gyms and grab Shaymin and Darkrai via Tweaking before transferring to my SS file. I may have damaged my D-Pad in the process because I can't tweak to get Arceus. I may end up resetting and doing a mono-poison run with Roserade, Crobat, Tentacruel, Toxicroak, Drapion, and Gengar. 

Edited by Fryer

You could do mono-color, mono-facial features (i.e. use Pokemon with no eyes, etc.), you could swap out a new team after every badge, have a rotating team run (have a pull of 20+ pokemon and rotate them in and out as you go), or do a scramble challenge (aka a PMU) where people pick your team/moveset/constraints