Any custom new modes you'd want?

Rapier

Aside from the teased ones, is there another mode you'd like to be implemented on the game?

First, I thought of a mode where you got to replay some iconic/memorable battles from the series (preferably avoiding too many spoilers). For example, a Defend map with FE7!Zephiel on a room where your units must keep him of danger.

I was also thinking of a semi roguelike playthrough mode where you pick your units and go there. The caviat is that, on this mode only, they lose all their skills, return to level 1 and have their basic set equipment. By defeating units and clearing maps, they earn a small amount of BEXP (for units that were left behind on leveling) and points that they can use to buy skills/better equipment, just like it'd work with Skill Inheritance and Learn Skill. Enemies get progressively stronger and also get stronger skills the further the player progresses on the ladder. Rewards depend on how many units survived and how long the player managed to stay alive, just like with TT.

Not sure about the iconic replays. Not dismissing them altogether, just doesn't jump out at me right away. 

The rougelike idea you suggested on the other hand sounds really fun to me. Give some of my baddies some time in the spotlight, and it could be a good way to build HM on weaker/non-5* units without just dragging them behind a group of killers.

If I think of a good idea I'll be back to share it.

I think a survival mode might be fun, where there's infinite reinforcements and you see how long you can withstand the onslaught. The rogue-like idea sounds pretty cool too.

I'd also like a mode where you could assemble a team using some of your friends' allies. Like, you pick 5 or so of your own allies to showcase, and they could choose, from that pool, which units to use alongside their own, or with more from other friends. The most fun part of the Voting Gauntlets is getting to use the characters your friends have built up.

I think a map-maker mode would be fun too.

Maybe a mode where you're given some characters with special builds, and you have to clear a map with them. Of course to enjoy this people would have to not look online for help.

I would like additional arena modes.

Alternative arena assault mode:

At the beginning of a season you need to pick 28 units for a unit pool.  And only those units can be used during the entire season.

No doubles of course.

The units would need to be varied, 7reds, 7blues etc.

Battles would be against the pools of other players with randomly selected teams. Each team would be comprised of alk color affinities.

Imo that would be quite interesting and unpredictable. You could end up fighting with 4 dancers against 4 dancers for example - battles that otherwise never happen

An additional alternativve feature could be permadeath. If you manage to battle through all 7 teams with no deaths you get maximum rewards and ranking points. If one unit dies you get a replacement of the same color. There is lots posdibilities to spice things up. 

Edited by Prince Endriu

While I'd personally like the "a unit is their stats" philosophy taken to its logical conclusion and allow fully unrestricted inheritance, that's probably beyond the scope of FEH. But given as I still have an itch to see unusual combos such as a staff-wielding Ike and axe-wielding Maria, I'd like to see a little mode or event where your team's weapons are switched for a fight or series of fights. Not too fussed on how it's specifically handled, it could be manual or it could be a totally random shuffle, I don't care, I just want to see my old units in weird, unfamiliar roles.