Anyone else super bummed that Warriors doesn't have anyone from FE9 and 10?

NYCorona

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically everyone, even the Awakening newbies, is upset we don't have Ike. We've just had months to burn off steam.

Even as someone who got introduced to Fire Emblem through Tellius, I'm only vaguely disappointed that Tellius was a focus game. It would've been amazing, but I'm not entirely clear on who my must-haves would be other than Ike. Marcia or Elincia, maybe, but that's my personal bias. If I were in charge, the game would be nothing but pegasi and assorted female characters of varying squishy classes. I even like Tanith.

Not really Tellius per se but I was really disappointed that they went for the safest three games that already gets the most attention and that don't even combine well together.

I think Tellius could have brought some much needed variation not it could also have been Elibe or Jugdral who could have done the job. 

I definitely wish Ike and some other Tellius characters like Nolan, Aran, Skrimir, Harr, etc were in the game. It would be so awesome to smash through hordes of enemies as Ike, Nolan or Harr. Though it's not just Tellius I was also hoping that both Elibe also would get represented along with Jugdrael even if that last one was unlikely. 

I just got a Switch on the 26th and Tellius is the only thing I want from the game, nothing more. I'm praying that they add in Tellius DLC kinda like how Hyrule Warriors got tons of characters from across the games. 

While there are so many characters I want involved I definitely want Soren and some laguz (assuming Ike is an automatic entry.)

I'm mildly disappointed since Micaiah was one of my most wanted characters, but not "super bummed." I haven't really thought about it much since actually getting and playing the game, especially since I did get multiple characters I wanted.

Not disappointed, but I will say that I'm not at all a fan of them sequel-bating with Ike and some other popular characters.  Granted, at least they aren't doing the same with any Fates, Awakening, or SD characters, because that'd be beyond silly and stupid.

I don't think I can talk though because a few of my favorites made it in, and more favorites are on the way.  Though if he was in this game, I'd probably use Ike over Lucina, especially if he was as fun to use as he is in Smash.

The real shame is a lack of playable armors, imo.  I know that the armors in the most recent games aren't necessarily the most popular, and I don't often find myself struggling to survive against physical enemies (especially since I primarily use the two most defensive characters - Frederick and Oboro), but I'd really like to at least use armor knight allies to defend forts while I have someone else run around wrecking shit.

Armor knights and maybe also more shapeshifters.  And hidden weapon users, even if they're exclusively a Fates thing.  And more axes in general... maybe even axe generals!  Basically, I'm more concerned about the lack of class variety than I am with lacking representation across the series.  But even then...  I've honestly had tons more fun with this game than with Hyrule Warriors, so I can't say this game is really a bummer deal for me.

Frankly, I'm nowhere near "super bummed" - among the Tellius cast, who the hell would have a respectable chance to get in besides Ike???? Well, that, and the game already has some of the characters I wanted in.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

12 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Frankly, I'm nowhere near "super bummed" - among the Tellius cast, who the hell would have a respectable chance to get in besides Ike???? Well, that, and the game already has some of the characters I wanted in.

The black knight of course. He's pretty iconic and would easily fall into the Lu Bu archtype for a warriors game. 

Hah, not at all. If anything, I'm salty that Archanea only had three reps in the base game with Navarre most likely being cut in favour of Lyn.

Then again, I do appreciate how well they handled Marth, Caeda and Tiki.

1 hour ago, Etrurian emperor said:

The black knight of course. He's pretty iconic and would easily fall into the Lu Bu archtype for a warriors game. 

I don't know my Dynasty Warriors, but... Doesn't Lu Bu often use a spear? The BK's most known for wielding Alondite, a sword.

Tellius is my favourite FE setting and has a bunch of characters I like, so on some level of course I'm disappointed.

On the other hand IS rarely remembers anyone except Ike exists from the game and I don't care for Ike much, so I can't get upset about "no Tellius" when realistically I know that if Tellius were in the game, it would just be Ike. Expecting Tellius, one of the more obscure settings, to have a lot of characters in a game like this is a bit of a pipe dream.

I'm pretty satisfied with the roster, to be honest. This game was pretty heavily influenced by Awakening and Fates in terms of art direction (cut-ins, cutscenes, etc) and even with Pair Up's inclusion and the way supports are handled, it makes sense that most of the cast is from there. It would've been nice to have more Shadow Dragon reps, but I'd imagine they're conceptually harder to work with since the source material isn't already framed the way they made this game. Lyn and Celica were nice additions, even if they seem weird being added without the characters most closely associated with them. 

What will be most interesting is when/if they make the much discussed sequel containing Ike, Roy and have to frame the characters from those games in this same way. 

Tellius is not very popular in Japan (mostly due to very few having played it there) while it's a cult classic in the west. To expect them to include Tellius besides Ike (who is remembered better through Smash Brothers) is silly. 

Of course, I do have my favourites from those games, who I would have liked to see, but I never expected to.

29 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I don't know my Dynasty Warriors, but... Doesn't Lu Bu often use a spear? The BK's most known for wielding Alondite, a sword.

A halberd actually but that doesn't matter. What defines the ''Lu Bu'' is an extremely powerful character that you can only run from until you're much later into the story. 

14 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

That's not what they meant.

Lu Bu's known for legendary feats of warfare in real life.  So much so that in Warriors games, they make him a super powerful, practically unstoppable foe; sometimes even a final boss.  I haven't even played any Dynasty Warriors, but I've learned of this through osmosis.

When people say the BK would be the Lu Bu of FEW, they basically mean that he'd be that super legendary, tough to beat antagonist that you're better off running from if you run into him early on.  I've seen the BK and Camus thrown around as possible contenders for the role.  Possibly Emperor Hardin and Zephiel as well, though my memory's a little sketchy on that front.

Not really bummed about no Tellius characters in Warriors. They obviously went with the 'safe' characters that most people would recognize, especially since as someone who only played the 3DS games and have some knowledge of Archanea and Elibe the only Tellius characters I know besides Ike are Elincia and Black Knight and that's mostly due to Smash Bros and Heroes. 

Besides, the only character from Tellius who ever had a chance to make it on the roster was Ike and I could see them intentionally saving him for a Wave 2 DLC to sell alongside Roy and Alm.

Nope.  You're all alone in your sentiments.  In other words, choose your thread titles better.

But seriously, not disappointed at all.  If anything, it would make me dislike Tellius more, because the spoken battle lines get old, and fast.

34 minutes ago, Ertrick36 said:

That's not what they meant.

Lu Bu's known for legendary feats of warfare in real life.  So much so that in Warriors games, they make him a super powerful, practically unstoppable foe; sometimes even a final boss.  I haven't even played any Dynasty Warriors, but I've learned of this through osmosis.

When people say the BK would be the Lu Bu of FEW, they basically mean that he'd be that super legendary, tough to beat antagonist that you're better off running from if you run into him early on.  I've seen the BK and Camus thrown around as possible contenders for the role.  Possibly Emperor Hardin and Zephiel as well, though my memory's a little sketchy on that front.

Well, I know about him being a super dangerous foe in the DW games - I've read about that.

what made me upset was Lyn and Celica being added in at the last second, the devs said that the characters were only going to be from three games they should have stuck with that.  Don't get me wrong I like Lyn and Celica, but isince the shoved Lyn in the base game Ike should have been with her instead of Celica who was shoved in the game because one of the head devs is a big fan of hers. I can live with the three game limit fine, but don't tell me that and then go wait Lyn and Celica are in but Ike is not.  The game play is great, but I have problems with the roster because they went on and on about too many sword users but don't have certain unit types in the base game as player units at all.  You have to buy the DLC to have a non flying lance user and while Lissa uses an ax they could have put a fighter class unit in the game.  

2 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

what made me upset was Lyn and Celica being added in at the last second, the devs said that the characters were only going to be from three games they should have stuck with that.  Don't get me wrong I like Lyn and Celica, but isince the shoved Lyn in the base game Ike should have been with her instead of Celica who was shoved in the game because one of the head devs is a big fan of hers. I can live with the three game limit fine, but don't tell me that and then go wait Lyn and Celica are in but Ike is not.  The game play is great, but I have problems with the roster because they went on and on about too many sword users but don't have certain unit types in the base game as player units at all.  You have to buy the DLC to have a non flying lance user and while Lissa uses an ax they could have put a fighter class unit in the game.  

Hey, I do agree they could've had more lancers and axe users in the game, but in the latter case, who could they have added??? I could be wrong on this, but axe units mostly aren't looked at fondly, especially fighters.

32 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

Hey, I do agree they could've had more lancers and axe users in the game, but in the latter case, who could they have added??? I could be wrong on this, but axe units mostly aren't looked at fondly, especially fighters.

Vaike, Barst Arthur or Charlotte.  I am probably in the minority in that I like ax users and I always train one up in every FE game I play.  It is just they complained about too many swords, but they really did not make much effort in having several class types in the base game who use weapons other then swords.

Edited by EricaofRenais

12 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I dunno...  Charlotte's reasonably popular.

Of course, with their fixation on matching Hoshido with Nohr in numbers, they'd have to match her with a Hoshidan character...  And if they're looking for perfect parity, it'd be among the likes of probably either Orochi, Hayato, or Rinkah.

Among the Awakening cast...  I don't know if he's super popular, but I hardly ever saw people say they hated Basilio, not to mention he's a pretty major character.  Possibly could also do Priam, though that'd feel like a kick in the crotch for those that wanted Ike.  And in regards to Shadow Dragon...  Well, people tend to love Barst as a unit, I guess.

Wow, nice to see this forum is still active.

I brought this up because I just bought the switch so I literally just found out about FE Warriors.

I like the roster myself, but when you consider I haven't played the 3ds FE's yet, it is hard to have any attachment to most of the roster here.

I've only played FE7-10.