2017 IS FINALLY GODDAMN DEAD; LONG LIVE 2018

Parrhesia

8 minutes ago, Etrurian emperor said:

Lootboxes aside it was also one of the best years for video games in decades. 

And if anything it also sowed the seeds to potentially finally get some official laws put in place on them that will likely come into being within this year or the next. Good bloody riddance, they've been a blight on the industry for far too damn long.

2017 was awful personally because we lost one of our goats, our oldest hen who was a very very special pet to Specta, and two dogs (one of them wasn't even a year old yet and we had to put him down because of his condition)

And rest in paradise Jonghyun

2018 there's no way you could mess it up for me any more right??? I am so ready for a better year

2016 was shit.

2017 was better, for me at least. I became better at studies (still suck at math though, lol), and I joined this AA mmo thingy thats been fun. I also joined discord and became more active in Serenesforest.

Did more stuff, spent time with family, played games.

A lot of stuff basically.

Hopefully, 2018 will be better.

I personally had a great year, but the whole rest of the country/world and a number of my friends had a specifically shitty one, so I can only think about what I can do to make the next one good for everyone who deserves better.

7 minutes ago, Johann said:

I personally had a great year, but the whole rest of the country/world and a number of my friends had a specifically shitty one, so I can only think about what I can do to make the next one good for everyone who deserves better.

Haha jokes on you, it's still 2017 for me.

But nah, 2017 was one of the best years in gaming so it wasn't terrible. The political stuff was fucking shit but when aren't politics shit?

I felt mixed in the year of 2017, the first half of the year sucked; I had to spent in my lousy high school in with I had few reasons to care about, failing twice for certification test, all the people that I knew were more and more distant. But in the second half of the year was much of an improvement, my grades went up, I got two new pets, I joined SF, there are a lot of fun game to be played and I feel a better person now compared to the beginning for the year. Hopefully that trend will continue towards next year.

Edited by Jingle Jangle

Everyone I know had something bad happen to them this year, myself included in that.  I am counting the hours until this year is over.  May 2018 bring at least peace in my life and those I care about.  I really hope I can be happy in 2018 instead of depressed like I was all 2017.  I pray to anything that listens that cures for cancer, type one diabetes and other horrid diseases will be found really soon.

4 hours ago, Maritisa said:

And if anything it also sowed the seeds to potentially finally get some official laws put in place on them that will likely come into being within this year or the next. Good bloody riddance, they've been a blight on the industry for far too damn long.

i gotta say, but official laws on lootboxes are fucking dumb and a way for lawmakers to get a masturbatory pat on the back from the internet while still not taking steps to fix the actual problems in society

lootboxes are really not as big a problem as you think it is, and the gaming industry isn't that important either where there needs to be a regulated system (nevermind how no-one actually specifies how that one works, just ban lootboxes lol?) for lootboxes and classifying them as gambling is honestly incredibly dumb, hth

good 2018 anyway

Edited by Tryhard

It had its ups and downs, quite a rollercoaster of good and bad for me, with some of the most joy I've felt in my life and some of the darkest despair as well. I suppose I'm curious as to what 2018 will bring. Slightly fearful, slightly anxious, but what can be done about it? It is the future, and it will always arrive.

please go away 2017 and happy new year

actually 2017 was like, half-lousy and half-decent for me personally, but for people surrounding me it certainly was not a good year

so i hope everyone has a great 2018