What do you consider cheating?

Fryer

I recently had a nostalgia for Gen IV and bought myself all 3 Sinnoh games to complete the Gen IV pokedex. I just realized that in the file for the used Diamond copy, it had a complete Pokedex with 493 pokemon intact. At first I thought it was legitimate and was impressed, only to see that almost every Pokemon is level 5 including legendaries and evolved Pokemon. I intended on transferring all the Pokemon to my old SoulSilver copy in order to "complete" the Pokedex, though I realize this isn't completely legitimate.

I would say you took advantage of a cheater's actions, which is basically cheating. But it doesn't really matter unless you want the street cred of having a living dex or something.

I wouldn't say you are cheating, just using a old copy that was cheated on. Besides it is gen 4 so it is very hard/impossible to 100% nowadays unless you know someone with a living dex so I honestly say fair game. It of course is never right to cheat, which is why I stopped using action replay many years ago. I've actually fully completed the gen 6 pokedex legitly, which was mostly due to event distributions and having a few awesome friends who helped me trade every mon I was missing.

Unless you're taking impossible hackmons into multiplayer against other people(unless they are aware and also using impossible hackmons) then it's not cheating. Being worried about cheating in a single player game is lolworthy.

On 1/4/2018 at 5:00 PM, Ether said:

Unless you're taking impossible hackmons into multiplayer against other people(unless they are aware and also using impossible hackmons) then it's not cheating. Being worried about cheating in a single player game is lolworthy.

I agree with this.

It's like stressing over playing FE in casual mode. Do what you want. Unless you're in a tournament, there's no morality in the way you play video games lol.

• 2 months later...