Vestaria Saga Main Site Section

MCProductions

With Syozo Kaga's indie title Vestaria Saga getting an official localization that is reportedly getting more info this year, I feel it's time for the game to get a section on the Main Site, and if possible a front page link. Vestaria has desperately needed one since its release and while I understand why it didn't get one initially due to being a very niche SRPG studio game, it being the first localized Tearring Saga title makes it the most relevant game in the Tearring Saga series of games, and I feel it deserves a section on the mainsite, even if most of it is Wiki based. If it's Wiki based I can even help contribute to the section.

I have always wanted to see a section for Vestaria Saga, but I understand why never properly happened... But the time that Vestaria's Localization is properly showed, it would be a perfect time to start the section.

I support thisi idea.

I would like this, but IIRC, the FE Wiki staff were debating about doing it. The votes were mainly in favor, but it sort of went into the back burner. I think it would be nice if we got info on the game though.

9 hours ago, Hardin said:

Why? It's not an official FE game, or even an official TRS game. 

Why not? It'd be odd not to acknowledge a game made by the creator of the series we love. Especially when its gameplay is near identical to the main series, and could been a main title had Kaga stayed. They've already got the other 2, so why exclude this one? 

With that being said, I'm in favor of this as well. 

Edited by Køkø

Despite there being other FE fangames, this one has Kaga who carried the soul of FE for a time. In a way (not giving too much credit), he saved the series from being discontinued by having the love system created so that in future titles it'd be revisited. His maps weren't perfect or anything, but I liked how he made maps unique and how there were different methods you could try to clear a way to victory in FE5. Despite FE5 nearly ruining the franchise, the ideas presented in it gameplay wise such as dismounting, stamina and capturing enemies for equipment were the closest to real life warfare I've seen in a FE game. Crusader scrolls were also a nice touch since stats were capped at 20. Tearring Saga didn't have the most forgiving terrain cost making map clearing a slog (that zombie swamp map was dreadful), but I guess Kaga tried too hard in implementing real life strategic elements causing it to backfire for me at least.

I've heard a lot of good thing about Vesteria Saga though. A puzzle strategy RPG would be something that'd I'd enjoy playing.

I just read that he's planning to do 4 (5 if you count Vesteria) games: two main and two side stories of the main games. The side stories will be released in spring.

Edited by silveraura25

11 hours ago, Køkø said:

Why not? It'd be odd not to acknowledge a game made by the creator of the series we love. Especially when its gameplay is near identical to the main series, and could been a main title had Kaga stayed. They've already got the other 2, so why exclude this one? 

With that being said, I'm in favor of this as well. 

So? Kaga hasn't been involved in the franchise for almost 20 years at this point, nobody is required to shill for him. If Vincent want to add it, that's fine, but I don't think anyone should act like he has an obligation to do so. 

2 minutes ago, Hardin said:

So? Kaga hasn't been involved in the franchise for almost 20 years at this point, nobody is required to shill for him. If Vincent want to add it, that's fine, but I don't think anyone should act like he has an obligation to do so. 

Blasphemy!

All jokes aside, I don't think it should be an obligation either. I just understand why some people want this. 

Wait, has Vestaria's translation been officially confirmed yet? Don't get my hopes up if it isn't.

If it is, I'd say add a section for it. Or perhaps see if one can lump the Sagas into a single page from which one can pick an individual Saga game's pages, to avoid making things too long on the main page. Plus the Sagas aren't going to be as heavily referenced as actual FE games but who references any of them besides myself really?.

51 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Wait, has Vestaria's translation been officially confirmed yet? Don't get my hopes up if it isn't.

If it is, I'd say add a section for it. Or perhaps see if one can lump the Sagas into a single page from which one can pick an individual Saga game's pages, to avoid making things too long on the main page. Plus the Sagas aren't going to be as heavily referenced as actual FE games but who references any of them besides myself really?.

http://zeeksweb.blog120.fc2.com/blog-entry-164.html

Can't get much more official than a post from Kaga himself