Should Pokémon support Amiibo?

ZeManaphy

Should Pokémon support Amiibo?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or No

There has yet to be a Pokémon game to support Amiibo. With Pokémon Switch coming out, would you want to see Amiibo compatibility with the next Pokémon game? I would. I’d like to be able to scan Amiibo to unlock simple stuff, like clothing. ( For example, scanning the Robin Amiibo would unlock Robin’s clothing. ) The only problem is that some clothes is gender-specific, like Rosalina.

Yeah, definitely. Except GF will never do it because they don't like DLC. :/ I believe they said they don't want kids spending their money on it. Seriously, makes no sense. They'd get more money this way and we fans would get more content.

Just now, Erren said:

why would anyone want to buy part of a game for $50 and spend at least another $15 later in packs? They complete their games!

You're confusing the words "completing a game" with "adding to a game" my friend. They're not exactly the same. Nobody said anything about buying an incomplete game for $50. It isn't like Amiibo lock away content you need to beat the game at all. They're little bonuses, like a cool item or extra currency.

However, I have no idea why the in-store prices of Amiibo have gone up lately. They used to all be $13 (not including the packs of multiples), now some are $15. :/

Yes. From Mario to Zelda all the way back to Pokemon, Nintendo games have let you put on clothes as a fashion statement and I'm down for more of that.

'Course I assumed the question was whether you wanted a Pokemon amiibo line and I question the ethics of releasing hundreds of figurines of pokemon. The beginning and end of my Amiibo obsession was being able to buy a cheap Mega Man figure. And I got 'em. I'm actually quite bothered when games have content or modes locked behind amiibo with no in-game way to unlock it. Metroid Samus returns had a super hard mode that I totally would have played. Instead I settled for the regular hard mode. Imagine if Hard Mode came back in a major pokemon game but it was locked behind a Pokemon Trainer Red Amiibo. Lame.

I'm very hit or miss on this.

The best suggestion I can think of what they could do is use them to release indefinite events. Ultimately making things like Mew or Meloetta much easier to come by.
The way I propose for this to be done is to have it so that periodic updates are sent out with new Mystery Gift information. This way, you could scan the amiibo to access the events many years down the line and get a Pokémon for it. Ideally, it should be done with catching the Pokémon at an in-game location. Perhaps the Ultra Warp-ride should be converted into this in the future?

Additionally, there could also be the idea of Shiny-Locked Pokémon being available as a Shiny if you scan their corresponding amiibo before encountering/recieving them as a static encounter.

However on the other hand... scalpers... (if there'd be a Pokémon Amiibo line released of course)

Edited by Light Strategist

I'm probably shouldn't be here since I gave up on Pokemon, but honestly I just want some sort of amiibo support for games in general.

I always thought InSyst did the best job with it, until Echoes & Warriors anyways.

No, if only because I couldn't resist buying all of them.

But if they were handled tastefully and not to be anything extremely vital, I wouldn't mind Amiibo support in some fashion. Definitely not something I see GF doing though, it's just not how they do things, and understandably so.

On 1/2/2018 at 4:12 PM, Light Strategist said:

I'm very hit or miss on this.

The best suggestion I can think of what they could do is use them to release indefinite events. Ultimately making things like Mew or Meloetta much easier to come by.
The way I propose for this to be done is to have it so that periodic updates are sent out with new Mystery Gift information. This way, you could scan the amiibo to access the events many years down the line and get a Pokémon for it. Ideally, it should be done with catching the Pokémon at an in-game location. Perhaps the Ultra Warp-ride should be converted into this in the future?

Additionally, there could also be the idea of Shiny-Locked Pokémon being available as a Shiny if you scan their corresponding amiibo before encountering/recieving them as a static encounter.

However on the other hand... scalpers... (if there'd be a Pokémon Amiibo line released of course)

Isn’t that what QR code feature for Mageaena was? An indefinite event.