Grand Hero Battles 2018: Who Do You Want?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

*cough* Look at the post directly above yours. *cough*

Whoops, I knew I should've reread all the posts just to make sure... Well, at this point I can only hope that others might also miss him  in your post ...

Also, I think it's actually possible to make a Black Fang team in heroes with units already in the game:

Spoiler

Jaffar, Lloyd, Ursula, Nino - though it's not the same as how it would be with Linus

Edited by coldhand25
added some stuff

6 hours ago, The Lord Of Gems said:

Personally, I think that 2018 will have a lot more GHBs.

What makes you think that, out of curiosity? We've had exactly one new GHB since September, and if that pace continues, your statement won't hold true unless your definition of "a lot" is "two." Ideally if they get a lot of feedback and actually take heed of it y'all might see more, but they might just as well trash it all or interpret it in some bizarre manner no sane person would have yielded.

Anyway: Emperor Hardin, Aversa, and Idunn seem like the obvious choices to get the most bang for your buck from a presumably limited supply of free units, but I doubt you're getting them anytime soon. Possibly Iago, too, if they give him a fun new staff or a cool staff skill. They could all be used to supplement pools that are presently very limited and not readily accessible to most players. What I'd personally like to get out of this is more artwork for a cute guy like Levail, Arion, maybe Wolf... but since they already gave out Bercute and Stupid Sexy Arvis, I don't really think there's much more they can do for me there for a while.

Dheginhansea. The one guy that would make sense to be armored breath/strike.

Linus with a goddamn Tomahawk already. (And Murdock while they're at it.) It would even give them an excuse to follow up with a Lloyd & Linus Bound Hero Battle. And can we have Brendan with Basilikos and Uhai with Reinfleche after that?

And staff Nergal for best Nergal.

I want Aversa (free mage flyer is always a good thing), Gen 2 Arvis (same reasoning as Aversa), Walhart (More axe cavs. Plus, he'd probs have a DC axe), Garon (Would probably be a axe armor with a DC Axe), Lyon (What, I need my boy?)

6 hours ago, Grandosco said:

I sure hope we get another GHB soon, regardless of who it is. Though presuming they'll release each GHB unit at least 11 times for merging purposes, any ideas on how they'll organize that? Maybe even run more than one GHB at once?

Granted they were reruns, but they already did that with Michalis and Berkut, but I don't see any issue with doing one rerun and one new at the same time. Heck, I don't see any issue with doing two new, but that's a lot less likely.

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Ishtar, Ishtar, Ishtar, and Ishtar. I need my goddess of thunder and thighs, and I need her yesterday.

Pretty much this.

I'm actually a little surprised Reinhardt wasn't one in retrospect. He fits all the checkboxes for it. Anyway, others. There's a lot so spoilers:

Archanea:

• Gharnef
  • Medeus - Earth Dragon preferably since it looks cooler than his dark dragon form.
  • Emperor Hardin

Valentia:

• Fernand?
  • Rudolph - I much prefer his mustachioed counterpart, but I'd still like him regardless.
  • Deen? - Sonya's a real character, so maybe Heroes cannon is that Deen got fought?
  • Jedah
  • Zeke - He's not a boss, but damn it I want him to be getable and broken AF, not that either are likely.

Jugdral:

• Reptor/Blume - Blue armor mage would be nice. Don't actually have a preference since neither are particularly worthwhile characters.
  • Langobart - DC axe armor because meh why not?
  • Emperor Arvis - I was hoping this was what we were going to get the first time which would've made him the first armor mage.
  • Ishtore?
  • Ishtar - I would hope she'd be basically Linde with a wo dao killing tome.
  • Altenna - She's much more likely to be a normal character, but this way I could actually have a realistic shot of getting her.
  • Trabant & Areone - They'd probably be pretty similar in terms of gameplay, but I like both a lot as characters. Maybe give them different skills and make Areone faster and Travant more like Michalis.
  • Julius - He'd be cool. Wonder if his tome would be more like Urvan or Divine Tyrfing.
  • Burian - DC axe horse would be neat.
  • Galzus - Maybe? It'd be a way to have another swordie without cluttering the pool even more, plus he does show up as an enemy a lot.
  • Kempf - Like him a lot as a character for some reason. Not sure how you could differentiate him from all the other blue mage cavs though. It'd be nice if there was some way to pay tribute to his using swords too. (On a side note, I'd like Eryios as either a GHB or more likely, i.e. 0.001% instead of 0.0001%, as a regular unit.)

Elibe:

• Murdock - DC axe armor because why not? I actually like him as a character unlike Langobart though.
  • Gayle
  • Brunya
  • Eagler - He's such a minor character, but I like him a ton. Could be another axe cav since he has a hand axe.
  • Fargus!
  • Uhai
  • Jerme
  • Kenneth
  • Kishuna - Would be an interesting support character
  • Linus - Just please not as bad as Lloyd's art as people have said.
  • Sonia - Actually was a bit surprised they did Ursula first over her.
  • Limstella - Superpowered infantry mage go!
  • Brendan
  • Nergal

Magvel:

• Caellach
  • Orson
  • Reiv
  • Lyon
  • Selena

Tellius

• Nedata - That'd be great since I was certain he was recruitable when he showed up.
  • Oliver - Probably more likely as a regular unit due to RD, but we need the most beautiful man in the world.
  • Shiharam - DC axe flier would be cool. Plus he's one of my favorite villains.
  • Petrine
  • Bertram - Or his alter ego, but that's more likely a regular character.
  • Bryce - I would love Bryce so much, plus a DC lance armor would be a nice addition.
  • Ashnard - Enough's been said about how awesome he'd be.
  • Kezhda - A little recognition for probably the most unnoticed boss, and only black cat, would be cool.
  • Valtome/Hetzel/Lekain?
  • Izuka - Wonder how they'd do his summoning.
  • Levail
  • Zelgius - because why not?
  • Dheginsea
  • Sephiran
  • Ashera

Ylisse:

• Validar
  • Gangrel
  • Yen'fay
  • Walhart - DC axe cav
  • Aversa - Would be awesome. I actually quite liked her despite all the controversy around her. She also has some fairly good choices for tomes from Awakening
  • Priam - Probably more likely as a TT reward if he's a free character at all.

Fates (because I can't remember the continent's name):

• Iago
  • Garon

Edited by bottlegnomes

9 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

There's a lot; how do I spoiler?

Square brackets instead of angle brackets.

9 minutes ago, bottlegnomes said:

Fates (because I can't remember the continent's name):

Because it doesn't have one.

Spoiler

April Fools, Link from Breath of the Wild using an Ancient Bow (with Ancient Arrows for arrows) that has built in Close Counter, with the skills Blazing Light, the Flier Formation skill that Grimoire and Skill!Fujin Yumo have, and Drive Atk/Spd. Available for one day only, April Fools.

I will admit, besides the fact that I haven't played every FE game, I typically don't like villain-y type people (Camus archtypes are kinda exempt, but I always shout at them to shove a sock into their obviously corrupt countries loyalty...), so I really don't care for many of the characters that would otherwise fit as a Grand Hero Battle.

Maybe NPCs who are otherwise unplayable, or characters who are only available to play in post-game modes? Like... I dunno, Natalie, Wife of Dorcas? That one Singer lady that Azura takes the place of in Birthright? Perhaps Hayden, Sage King of Frelia? Raimi, the Knight you fight early on in Awakening?

There's only a few specific ones I'd really want to see:

1. Aversa (flying mage, that'd be great)
  2. Walhart (hopefully DC axe cav)
  3. Arete

Kind Rudolf and Garon seem unlikely to me for some reason, though since we have Zephiel maybe not. Granted I'll take any new GHB with how things have been going since they'd practically dropped making new ones at this point.

1/3/11/12: Garnef

2/Echoes: Fernand, maybe Deen

4: Ishtar or Julius

5: Galzus

6: Brunja, maybe Murdock

7: Limstella or Denning. Linus as a close second.

8: Lyon. Selena or Caellach would also be acceptable. 

9: Petrine. Ashnard or Bertram could also be good.

10: Pelleas? He could maybe get in through standard means though. Deghinsea, Levail or Oliver. Any of them could be good.

13: AVERSA. Gangrel could be good too. Never Validar. Keep him away. 

14: Arete. No one else really fits other than Garon, but I don't care for Garon.

1. Fernand
2. Hardin
3. Travant
4. Ishtar
5. Julius
6. Altena
7. Idunn
8. Brunnya
9. Rutger
10. Sonia
11. Lyon
12. Caellach
13. Selena
14. Ashnard
15. Shinon
16. Sephiran

Edited by silveraura25

Zeke and Sirius. Glass. Cervantes. Candace.

"Jokey" options sure, but I'm generally not impressed by FE villains who are mostly pretty one-note. So my preferences would either be novelty sort of units, or practical unit types - i.e. select all fliers, dragons, mounted ranged units and a few armours. Infantry villains need not apply.

Let's see: Idunn, Galle, Uhai, Selena, Glen, Aversa, Pheros, Arete, Lilith, Layla.

I wonder if a unit like Kishuna would ever be reasonably but faithfully implemented in FEH.

18 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I wonder if a unit like Kishuna would ever be reasonably but faithfully implemented in FEH.

Staff unit with an uninheritable passive C skill Silencer: Allied and enemy tome and staff units within 3 squares of unit (including self) are unable to attack or use assist skills.

He'd have 40 base Spd and 13 base Atk.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Hmm...

1: Dark Emperor Hardin

2: Garon (any version of him is fine)

3: Yashiro 

4: Oliver (the game could use some real beauty)

5: Nergal

6: Arete

7: SS’s Selena

8: Barry (based on his corrupted version)

9: Gen 2 Arvis (there’s no excuse for this one, developers. Mage armors are a thing)

10: Walhart

11: Kempf (he should be the ultimate Reinhardt destroyer...)

12: Rudolf

13: Denning

14: Idunn

15: Jahn

16: Murdock

17: Sumeragi

18: Mikoto

19: Nagi

20: Ishtar

21: Petrine

22: Pheros

Edited by Lord-Zero

14 hours ago, Xenomata said:
  Reveal hidden contents

April Fools, Link from Breath of the Wild using an Ancient Bow (with Ancient Arrows for arrows) that has built in Close Counter, with the skills Blazing Light, the Flier Formation skill that Grimoire and Skill!Fujin Yumo have, and Drive Atk/Spd. Available for one day only, April Fools.

I will admit, besides the fact that I haven't played every FE game, I typically don't like villain-y type people

Narcian and Valter might be the only two I'd fully categorize as villains though.

1 minute ago, Vince777 said:

Narcian and Valter might be the only two I'd fully categorize as villains though.

Maybe not villains, but for one reason or another almost everyone we've had in a GHB is antagonized in the games they appear in.

1 hour ago, kirauza343 said:

A rerun of Xander would be nice...

As for new ones Aversa (flying mage!) is my most wanted. 

You shouldn't worry too much. They started looping from the beginning. They throw in recent GHB in between older GHB reruns. Coming up: Valter rerun, some new guy/chick, Zephiel rerun and then Xander rerun. We got Arvis in October so I'm expecting a new one this month as well as a Valter rerun, since Berkut was the one before his GHB and Clarisse before Berkut.

Still waiting on Ashnard GHB so I can complete my evil wyvern rider team

Spoiler

image.png

On a similar note, Almedha and Pelleas could possibly qualify for GHB’s. I need them for meme team reasons.

Julius would be fun. I’d like to see what they would do with the Loptyr tome.

Priam has the potential to have an absolutely insane map with reinforcements out the wazoo, which could be really fun or the absolute worst.

Any and all of the main villains would be nice really, I just want more new GHB’s. Arvis feels like so long ago.