Weapon Refinery Upgrades You Would Like to See?

Ae†her

On 1/4/2018 at 8:31 PM, bottlegnomes said:

That's why I'm torn. On one hand, Armads is now a personal weapon with only a level 2 skill attached. On the other hand, QR is a fantastic skill no matter what, and Hector is already fantastic.

I say upgrade other personal weapons in that category first.

4 hours ago, r_n said:

Falchion's get a divine upgrade for Exalted Falchion, that adds the ability to ignore bonuses on dragon units in addition to its effective damage and renewal bonus. I don't think any weapon actually gives 3 distinct effects, though unless you count things like the winter weapons happening to have the level 1 stance skills but the falchion will always be a little special to the series so hey why not.

Yato could do something like...swift sparrow when you attack, double stances when attacked. 

Dragon buffs aren't that common though which would make that ability not as useful as ignoring armor and cavalry buffs.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

Well, I don't think Hector should get any secondary effect, but QR3 and stat boost wouldn't be that bad imho.

Also no secondary effects to DC weapons, that's just ridiculous.

Yeah, QR3 would be good.

IMO it depends on the character. Like I said, Xander, Camus, and Fjorm could be fine with a secondary effect. BK and Ike could be problematic with another effect unless it's something very minor.

1 hour ago, Arthur97 said:

I say upgrade other personal weapons in that category first.

Oh, definitely agreed.

I'd like to see Poison Dagger get an upgrade, as it has super-low Mt compared to other 5 star-locked weapons.  Falchion should also get an upgrade, because it has been outclassed by other weapons.  At least give an opportunity to forge it with Renewal 3.  Seiglinde also has oddly been excluded.

3 hours ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Sieglinde also has oddly been excluded.

Outside of Eliwood, Merric, Michalis, and Seliph, I think all of the units who are 4* summonable or obtainable and have legendary/personal weapons were not given the ability to refine or evolve their weapons at the time of the Weapon Refinery's introduction. Michalis is only on there because he shares Hauteclere with his sister Minerva, so if he didn't, well he'd likely either have a regular weapon or would have been part of the units who couldn't refine their legendary/personal weapon. This is in spite of some of the weapons perhaps not being used a lot like Jeorge's Parthia considering probably even post-Weapon Refinery, bows that aren't Brave and Firesweep aren't that appealing to people.

So, Alfonse (Folkvangr), Anna (Noatun), the Black Knight (Alondite), Camus (Gradivus), M!Corrin (Yato), Eirika (Sieglinde), Jeorge (Parthia), Lloyd (Regal Blade), Reinhardt (Dire Thunder), Roy (Binding Blade), Sharena (Fensalir), Valter (Cursed Lance), Xander (Siegfried), and Zephiel (Eckesachs). I might be missing someone who is 4* or lower summonable or obtainable. Also, Arvis (Valflame) and Joshua (Auldhulma), but they were added fairly close to the Weapon Refinery update.

Some of these weapons people might not want to see being available for refinement soon like Reinhardt's Dire Thunder which would mean Olwen would also get to refine her weapon or the Distant Counter weapons, but in general it just sucks that they along with other units with legendary/personal weapons can't refine their own weapons, but a select few can. Like everyone else, they can refine other normal weapons through inheritance and in some cases, they might be better off at the moment with those weapons. For one, the Distant Counter weapons having only regular refinement options would still be helpful and in some cases, can emulate their original effects like a defense refined Siegfried would grant +4 defense, the same amount it gives in Fates. Ryoma would be in a crappier spot since Mt refined legendary/personal weapons only give +2 Mt, but he would still end up with a 18 Mt Raijinto and +5 HP or he could go with increasing his speed, defense, or even resistance with the other options.

Edit: Forgot about Seliph.

Edited by Kaden

The reason for the weapon refinery was to give some weapons a boost so that people would use something other than Brave/Distant Counter weapons, which I think they have done a pretty good job of so far.  I don't think Camus, Xander, BK, and Reinhardt will get a weapon upgrade option, because they don't need a boost.

2 hours ago, Kaden said:

Outside of Eliwood, Merric, and Michalis, I think all of the units who are 4* summonable or obtainable and have legendary/personal weapons were not given the ability to refine or evolve their weapons at the time of the Weapon Refinery's introduction. Michalis is only on there because he shares Hauteclere with his sister Minerva, so if he didn't, well he'd likely either have a regular weapon or would have been part of the units who couldn't refine their legendary/personal weapon. This is in spite of some of the weapons perhaps not being used a lot like Jeorge's Parthia considering probably even post-Weapon Refinery, bows that aren't Brave and Firesweep aren't that appealing to people.

So, Alfonse (Folkvangr), Anna (Noatun), the Black Knight (Alondite), Camus (Gradivus), M!Corrin (Yato), Eirika (Sieglinde), Jeorge (Parthia), Lloyd (Regal Blade), Reinhardt (Dire Thunder), Roy (Binding Blade), Sharena (Fensalir), Valter (Cursed Lance), Xander (Siegfried), and Zephiel (Eckesachs). I might be missing someone who is 4* or lower summonable or obtainable. Also, Arvis (Valflame) and Joshua (Auldhulma), but they were added fairly close to the Weapon Refinery update.

Some of these weapons people might not want to see being available for refinement soon like Reinhardt's Dire Thunder which would mean Olwen would also get to refine her weapon or the Distant Counter weapons, but in general it just sucks that they along with other units with legendary/personal weapons can't refine their own weapons, but a select few can. Like everyone else, they can refine other normal weapons through inheritance and in some cases, they might be better off at the moment with those weapons. For one, the Distant Counter weapons having only regular refinement options would still be helpful and in some cases, can emulate their original effects like a defense refined Siegfried would grant +4 defense, the same amount it gives in Fates. Ryoma would be in a crappier spot since Mt refined legendary/personal weapons only give +2 Mt, but he would still end up with a 18 Mt Raijinto and +5 HP or he could go with increasing his speed, defense, or even resistance with the other options.

Um.. Seliph is available at 4 Star and is able to upgrade his Weapon. But i think this was done because Sigurd and Deirdra made Seliph and Julia almost obsolete, so it was kinda needed. But yeah they picked willingly 5 Star exclusives for upgrades so people would spend orbs with the banners.

30 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Um.. Seliph is available at 4 Star and is able to upgrade his Weapon.

He isn't able to refine his weapon, just upgrade it to a different weapon. Eliwood can do the same, and he's available at 3-star rarity. Merric is also available at 4-star rarity.

Edited by Ice Dragon

58 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Um.. Seliph is available at 4 Star and is able to upgrade his Weapon. But i think this was done because Sigurd and Deirdra made Seliph and Julia almost obsolete, so it was kinda needed. But yeah they picked willingly 5 Star exclusives for upgrades so people would spend orbs with the banners.

Oh yeah, forgot about him.

• 2 weeks later...

Just give Sieglinde a straight-up brave effect. Eirika’s Blade in Awakening was a brave referencing the fact that in Easy Prologue Eirika could double the boss despite her not having enough Spd to do so ordinarly.

Edited by Vaximillian

Sorta been mentioned already, but I'd like it if weapons like Tyrfing and Excalibur could be refined in addition to the upgrades they can get. Upgrading them to Divine, etc, is nice but changes the role/setup for those units. I'd like to be able to make Seliph a hardier physical tank instead of an infantry Sigurd.

6 hours ago, Johann said:

Sorta been mentioned already, but I'd like it if weapons like Tyrfing and Excalibur could be refined in addition to the upgrades they can get. Upgrading them to Divine, etc, is nice but changes the role/setup for those units. I'd like to be able to make Seliph a hardier physical tank instead of an infantry Sigurd.

you mean like a different excklusiv upgrade? I would welcome that, would distinguish Seliph from Sigurd and Julia from Deirdra. I have to say tough Seliphs upgrade complements him because his RES is pretty lack luster :/

Julia could benefit from an Unholy Naga giving her additional effectivness against Armorers or Cavalry in addtion to Dragons

17 minutes ago, Hilda said:

you mean like a different excklusiv upgrade? I would welcome that, would distinguish Seliph from Sigurd and Julia from Deirdra. I have to say tough Seliphs upgrade complements him because his RES is pretty lack luster :/

Julia could benefit from an Unholy Naga giving her additional effectivness against Armorers or Cavalry in addtion to Dragons

+20 to all stats and negates damage mitigating effects.

18 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Yeah, exactly that. I mean I guess it's mostly just an issue for Seliph since Merric's choices are both feasible, and Julia, Linde, and Eliwood get more vertical upgrades.

8 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Just give Sieglinde a straight-up brave effect. Eirika’s Blade in Awakening was a brave referencing the fact that in Easy Prologue Eirika could double the boss despite her not having enough Spd to do so ordinarly.

You mean with or without the Spd penalty? I also don't mind it having a Brave Effect since Eirika's Atk is so mediocre. Let the girl quad softly while her brother, the more brash one can hit twice hard, ya know.

Edited by Ae†her

Grimoire with an any% HP threshold for its effect.
Assault with 12 Might
Falchion with the ability to cancel Dragon buffs
Refreshing Bolt+ with an additional point in each stat, with a Fury 2 condition
Ragnarok with an additional point in Atk and Spd, with a Fury 3 condition
Armads with an additional Deflect Magic/Missile/Melee 1 effect
Blade tomes without the slower Special count
Silver Bow+, either with 1) each of its modifiers being the same as a non-bow weapon, or 2) with a "...Blow 1" effect corresponding to the stat being raised (for example, Darting Blow 1 for the +Spd upgrade, or Armored Blow 1 for the +Def upgrade)
Possibly the same as the second Silver Bow+ option, for any non-Bow Silver weapon (Silver Sword, Silver Axe, SIlver Lance)

Falchion is in dire need of an upgrade. Binding Blade too. And Brynhildr.

I would like for each Falchion to do something different from each other, but have Chrom, Lucina and Masked Marth's the same as it's the exact same sword.

Yato - Grants Spd+5. (Refinement option: If foe's Range = 1, damage calculated using the lower of foe's Def or Res.)

Falchion - Effective against dragons. At the start of every second turn, unit recovers 10 HP.
Alm's refinement option: Prevents follow up attack in combat from unit. Attack twice when initiating combat. (Great for Windsweep builds)
Chrom's refinement option: If foe's Range = 1, unit receives 50% less damage from the first attack. (Makes him more bulky)
Marth's refinement option: Grants allies with breath, magic or staff within 2 spaces Atk/Spd+3 during combat. (A support type of unit)
Masked Marth's refinement option: Converts penalties on unit into bonuses. (Since debuffs are becoming more relevant)
Lucina's refinement option: If unit attacks a foe using sword, axe or lance, unit receives Atk+6 during combat. (Increase her damage output)

Regal Blade - If foe's HP is 100% when combat starts, unit receives Atk/Spd+6 during combat. (Refinement option: At start of turn, all magic using foes in cardinal directions suffer Spd/Def-4 until the end of foe's next action.)

Brynhildr - After combat, if unit attacked, prevents target and foes within 1 space of target from moving more than 1 space through their next actions. (Refinement option: If unit is attacked by foe using magic, unit receives 50% less damage from the first attack.)

Sieglinde - Grants adjacent allies Atk+4 through their next actions at the start of each turn. (Refinement option: Grants Atk/Spd+5 during combat if within 2 spaces of a cavalry ally.)

Eckesachs - Inflicts Def-5 on foes within 2 spaces through their next actions at the start of each turn. (Refinement option: Unit counterattacks first when attacked at HP ≥ 75% in combat.)

Binding Blade - Grants Def/Res+4 when this unit is attacked. (Refinement option: Can attack regardless of foe's attack preventing skills.)

Edited by silveraura25