Ronnie's Art Portfolio

Ronnie

Hey guys, I'm here to showcase artwork I've worked on throughout my years as an artist and as a future graphic designer.

m7OJRO1.jpg

The New Yorker is known for having themed covers in their issues. One of our assignments was to draw our own cover with the theme "The Endangered." I took my own spin and called this piece: "Endangerment of Human Interaction"
More of the stuff I worked on is in the spoiler below.

Spoiler

eNt9mmQ.jpg

A pun assignment I worked on. The pun's pretty obvious. All done in Photoshop with masking.

hTvBSX3.jpg

A logo I worked on for some guy's local radio show in 2013. One of the few Fiverr gigs I did.

v4cKaMp.jpg

My very own hand drawn typeface. My professor didn't like it because it lacked originality lol. Well hard to be original when everything's taken!

mT5AThn.jpg

I hadn't drawn in a long time so I worked on this back in October. It clearly shows I'm out of practice with the odd proportions but I'll get back into the swing of things.

Edited by Ronnie

Oho, an aspiring graphic designer, eh? As someone who's in her fourth year of graphic design right now, I can definitely say that you have some pretty good stuff for portfolio work and I mean that honestly! I personally really like radio logo that you did because it looks very sleek and also the most professional! 

For drawing, I would definitely recommend getting a mannequin doll or using 3D models to make your own poses because, doing that definitely helped me be more ambitious with what I wanted to draw but also staying anatomically accurate. I would also recommend looking into lighting and simple backgrounds because, as well done as your illustrations are, the contrast between the characters and the background feels kind of separated and lighting can do a lot to improve that!

30 minutes ago, carefreejules said:

Oho, an aspiring graphic designer, eh? As someone who's in her fourth year of graphic design right now, I can definitely say that you have some pretty good stuff for portfolio work and I mean that honestly! I personally really like radio logo that you did because it looks very sleek and also the most professional! 

For drawing, I would definitely recommend getting a mannequin doll or using 3D models to make your own poses because, doing that definitely helped me be more ambitious with what I wanted to draw but also staying anatomically accurate. I would also recommend looking into lighting and simple backgrounds because, as well done as your illustrations are, the contrast between the characters and the background feels kind of separated and lighting can do a lot to improve that!

Your kind words are appreciated! And your criticism is even more appreciated! Feedback is always helpful in making me a better graphic designer.

I like your mannequin idea. There's a lot of poses I'd like to draw but it's hard to find the exact poses online. Also yes! I personally think my main weakness as an artist is figuring out where to shade and highlight. I have vague ideas but they rarely come out looking "natural."

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

I like your mannequin idea. There's a lot of poses I'd like to draw but it's hard to find the exact poses online. Also yes! I personally think my main weakness as an artist is figuring out where to shade and highlight. I have vague ideas but they rarely come out looking "natural."

A fun way to experiment with lighting is to work with shading and lighting of different colours! When I started to dabble into more dynamic lighting, the first thing I wanted to experiment with was a sunset scene. Upon doing so I was able to discover how to fully utilize different layer styles to achieve effective lighting effects. 

Like this is what a drawing that I did a few months ago looks without a multiple layer:

4.png

And here's what the end product looks like with a dark blue multiple layer to match the underwater scene:

__happy_birthday__ryuu____by_jinglebell_

It's an easy and fun technique to experiment with so go crazy with layer styles in Photoshop or whatever you use to draw!

VMD4HHr.jpg

When I'm in class I doodle in my notes when nothing's happening. Here's a collage showcasing some of the doodles I grew fond of.

Edited by Ronnie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

owen_ares_and_sandra_hale__by_ronaldo_villeda__by_22greenalfs-dc59lkj.jpg

Thinking about making a comic book. 2 protagonists I have in mind. I originally created them back in 2013 and they've been "rebooted" for now.

Edited by Ronnie

luciana__by_ronaldo_villeda__by_22greenalfs-dc6haxo.jpg

The sophisticated yet seductive ice user: Luciana

I should really get started on drawing full body sketches. I want to show everyone my characters' outfits.

Edited by Ronnie

• 2 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Now accepting requests! FREE! What character would you like me to draw? Is there a certain pose you're looking for?

All requested artwork will be inked as neatly as possible and colored digitally.

I would like to see you try to draw the child Conradin, from the famous short story, Sredni Vashtar.

Only two poses really cme to mind, but they're both really dependent on capturing the emotional mood. Conradin in profile as a sickly child with lesss than 5 years to live if the adults can do anything about it, might be an easier mood to capture.

Conradin praying and Conradin eating Toast

Edited by Reality

19 minutes ago, Reality said:

I would like to see you try to draw the child Conradin, from the famous short story, Sredni Vashtar.

Only two poses really cme to mind, but they're both really dependent on capturing the emotional mood. Conradin in profile as a sickly child with lesss than 5 years to live if the adults can do anything about it, might be an easier mood to capture.

Hide contents

Conradin praying and Conradin eating Toast

Maybe I should be more specific. Preferably a character that has a picture so I know what they look like lol.

• 2 weeks later...

orpheus_meeting_hades_by_22greenalfs-dc8t4eb.jpg

My take on Orpheus meeting Hades except it's underwater and Hades is Neptune. This was done in acrylic paint. I have another painting done about the Maenads attacking Orpheus but of course it contains violence. So I'll just leave a link to my DeviantArt page so you can check out the other painting yourself.

https://22greenalfs.deviantart.com/

kane_silva__by_ronaldo_villeda__by_22greenalfs-dc94e5h.jpg

Getting comfortable using brush pens.

This man's name is Kane Silva. Leader of the Hyenas biker gang. Rivals to the Outcast Lions.

Edited by Ronnie

teagan_kinsley__by_ronaldo_villeda__by_22greenalfs-dc9ba5x.jpg

Random original character I created back in 2014. Dug this one up from my old sketchbook. Decided to color it in. The drawing itself is a little rough but I tried to color it nicely. Maybe I'll redo this drawing with my current improvements.

azalea__by_ronaldo_villeda__by_22greenalfs-dca2zol.jpg

Alongside Outcast Lions, I wanted to try my hands on making an adventure series. Azalea would be the protagonist. A village warrior who wields two tonfas (her tonfas are made of strong wood). She has nature powers so she can control plants and slide on tree branches Tarzan style.